Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Kuralia I (The Far Reaches)

Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:00
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Member: #2781
"I'm treating YOU like a child!?"
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:02
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
I know I need to sleep. Marching me off to bed without supper is, yes, what I'd call treating me like a child. Playing with frogs when others have learned a trade is what I'd call acting like a child. There is a difference, and I won't suffer either from you any more.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:12
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

"Huh. Well. I'm glad you have no respect for my choices in life but if you did not hear what I said, old woman, I said that my 'playing with frogs' saved the lives of everyone in those beds, with the exception of Wybert. SINCE you weren't paying attention.

What trade should I learn? Living off the land and helping others do so as well? Oh, I think I got that. You're not going to suffer me being myself. That's your too bad, I am what I am and you ought to be thanking the goddesses for it. I'm sick of hearing how much I suck for liking to be alive. I've heard it all my life. You know, I've been feeling pretty damn useless these last few weeks but you've really helped me put that in perspective. Thanks!

And anyway, your irrational ass needs sleep, whether you like me "marching you off" or not. If you're too hungry to sleep then I suppose it's been less than 9 days since you slept!!!!!! Let's lay off the drama, that's Kirfah's job, because I know that's not true, and quit blaming exhaustion on everything. I'm exhausted too, but I've managed to sleep and eat. You're not a martyr any more than any of us are. "

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 23rd of May, 2007 at 06:15.
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 06:16
Dalcassius
Wraith

Member: #2773
Hey now! That's not fair, I didn't do anything.... I know its true but it still hurts....
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 07:04
Chris Chandler

Wh... Who said anything about being a martyr!? You accused me of letting people die, like I was twenty places at once!!!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 07:06
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

When did I accuse you of any such thing!? And.. and... and what the hell is on your forehead?
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 07:11
Chris Chandler

Agatha looks at you like you've gone mad, but does swipe at her forehead, honestly a little too violently, ending it with a sort of slap. And her hand comes away red with blood. Zora, you see that there are many more little dots of blood on Agatha's forehead. From Hoylur's muse's research, this is the very final stages of bloodbrow. If it were warmer, and she'd been sweating, it'd look like blood was pouring out of her. The cold is the only reason you hadn't caught it yet.

If the research holds true, the only documented cases of survival without any sort of cure have been those who have survived this stage. They literally sweat it out. Clearly though, most folks have heart attacks, strokes, or injure themselves fatally before ever getting to this state. Agatha's work, while taxing, isn't like, oh, I don't know... river fishing for trout in the middle of freaking winter.

Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 07:13
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Much gentler now. "Um, Agatha. I think if you took a dose of cure you might get some sleep, hon."
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 07:14
Dalcassius
Wraith

I think we may have failed some earlier spot checks....
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 07:16
Chris Chandler

Agatha looks at her hands, then mutely listens to Zora, her eyes widening in panic. It is only Zora's gentle tone that keeps her from what looks like a violent display. All three of you will note that she is tense like a bear trap, but her face and head still are docile. She numbly nods assent to Zora's suggestion, though she's not moving from her spot.

----------
EDIT:

I'm not sure what you're referring to, good Ozan. But real quickly, while I've got you, in 30 words or less, tell me what's up with you, Sajid clan, Breena, and her momma so I can get everyone in line more quickly. I have a good idea, I just want to make sure that I go in the right direction.

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 23rd of May, 2007 at 07:18.
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 07:39
Dalcassius
Wraith

30 words or less? Umm... "See post #18." Cool. Did it in four words.
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 08:20
Chris Chandler

Originally Posted by Dalcassius # Ozan Kirfah Sajid

"Thank you Breena. I'm going over to Theodrada's for now. I'll be there until the meeting. Take care." Kirfah heads for Drada's place and tries to find Gunther. If he is able he will inquire about a library Theordrada may have possessed and what perhaps remains of it. If/When he sees any of the group he will mention that he is going to hold a discussion at Drada's at sunset. He will also mention to Gunther and Agatha that he would like them to attend.
This day in particular has been a bit fluid with the timeline. Let's just go ahead and establish that you, Kirfah, arrive to go speak to Gunther right as Agatha's affliction is being discovered. Gunther for his part is standing with his mouth open, staring at Agatha.

Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 08:30
Dalcassius
Wraith

That works for me.

[EDIT] Would you like Kirfah to come in now or in a bit?

Last edited by Dalcassius; 23rd of May, 2007 at 08:47.
Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 23:30
Chris Chandler

Let's go ahead and come in now.

Unread 23rd of May, 2007, 23:35
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Zora is going to lead her to one of the remaining cures and hand it to her. She's majorly keeping a stiff upper lip right now, if she'd have realized she was arguing with someone that was afflicted, well, she never would have. All the anger is gone and replaced with an attempt to hide (from Agatha) just how distressed she truly is. She uses her most matter of fact tone, "Now it's going to taste horrible, but you know what will happen if you don't drink it all. It's going to suck, but you have to do it.

...And I'm sorry you haven't slept in nine days. I'm sorry I didn't catch this sooner. You'll get some rest now.

Brit, come help us, just in case."
Unread 24th of May, 2007, 00:13
Chris Chandler

Well, one thing is certain, there are six people here (Zora, Brit, Hoylur, Kirfah, Gunther, Wybert) and only one Agatha. It's really not an issue for her taking the cure. She chokes it down (she actually has the toughest time with the cure, vomiting a bit, but gets it down eventually). She follows suit with all of the other afflicted - spasms until she collapses, then falls unconscious. It doesn't take too long, really.

Unread 24th of May, 2007, 01:04
Dalcassius
Wraith

Ozan Kirfah Sajid

Kirfah enters to hear Zora describe the cure to Agatha and instantly stops to make sure he's assessed the situation. (Look! He's learning!) When she does infact take the sure and fall under its effects as any other afflicted, Kirfah moves to help get her into a bed.
"Two days we were trapped in here with her and we missed it. I can't believe we were that self involved. Well this is about to change. Everyone, I've decided its time we had a proper discussion and come to some solid decisions. I'm holding what is called a "K'harro Ermotta," it's just a fancy was of saying 'important meeting.' I'd like for you five to attend. (indicates Zora, Brit, Hoylur, Gunther and Wybert.) I would have appriciated Agatha being there, but that's not about to happen." Kirfah looks around at the gathered sick.
"I hope we are able to achieve something. Oh, I almost forgot, Zora and Brit. I have asked Breena to attend as well, I hope this won't be a problem for you."
Unread 24th of May, 2007, 01:08
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Member: #2777
Brit

(Damn waiting until break to check in. Just out of curiousity, how many people made it to this stage and survived? If Brit would know that at all. I mean if everyone who has made it to this stage has survived I'd rather suggest not giving her the cure.)

Brit walks over to help Zora. "No problem sis." She just helps Agatha to keep from hurting herself as she takes the cure.

Last edited by LightBringer; 24th of May, 2007 at 01:44. Reason: editing color.
Unread 24th of May, 2007, 04:47
Ojoxsofeta
Ghoul

Member: #2772
Hoylur

Hoylur closes the the book, giving the cover a quick kiss before setting it down. "I wouldn't go killing myself over the fact that we missed the fact that she was working herself to death. I mean, those muffins were divine..."

THFC-TIDE-CHC

Last edited by Ojoxsofeta; 24th of May, 2007 at 04:50.
Unread 24th of May, 2007, 05:10
Dalcassius
Wraith

Ozan Kirfah Sajid

Kirfah continues on without so much as the slightest notice Hoylur had anything to say.
"Gunther? Can I have a word with you about Theodrada's possessions?"
Unread 24th of May, 2007, 22:52
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

(Well, I'm having the same issue, because I want to respond to three people at once now, because I missed yesterday's action. Anyway, GM discussion clarified this for me yesterday, but net went down when I was trying to post it [again.... grrrrr!] -- Agatha's chances are much better with the cure. So Brit could have mentioned it and Zora told her, that getting to this stage is VERY rare, and extremely rare for THOSE people to survive it.)

Zora wipes her eyes from where Agatha's sleep had allowed her to show how upset all that made her, and looks up at Kirfah, confused. "Why would that be a problem? If she attends, I'll be surprised, but I won't have any issue with it... I hope both your mother and hers are coming as well?

After a presumable pause for the Ozan's backtracked answer, unless he just goes on with Gunther, which is cool, it's super awkward right now, Zora turns to the wormly mage.

"Now, Hoylur, really -- why do you need bear repellent? Have any been bothering you? I would think you're super safe. I doubt you need any, really, but I can help you out if you're that scared. Seriously though, I took care of the bear, it wasn't you it wanted to talk to. "

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 24th of May, 2007 at 23:45. Reason: trying to respond to Hoylur too.
Unread 25th of May, 2007, 01:54
Dalcassius
Wraith

Ozan Kirfah Sajid

"I only wanted to make sure everyone was comfortable. I meant no disrespect. And I do believe Mother and Grace will be attending. I mentioned it Mother and asked her to help gather various people. I'm not looking to get everyone remaining in Last Breath involved. I don't think we'd get too much accomplished with so many present."

Last edited by Dalcassius; 25th of May, 2007 at 01:59.
Unread 25th of May, 2007, 02:48
Ojoxsofeta
Ghoul

Originally Posted by LadyGlutter # Zora turns to the wormly mage.

"Now, Hoylur, really -- why do you need bear repellent? Have any been bothering you? I would think you're super safe. I doubt you need any, really, but I can help you out if you're that scared. Seriously though, I took care of the bear, it wasn't you it wanted to talk to. "
"What if they decide they'd like to begin bothering me, or us? What if you're not around to whisper sweet nothings into their ears? What if they're quite uninterested in your promises of long walks in the woods and raiding beehives by moonlight?"

He pauses, and says, "Knowledge is power, dear."

THFC-TIDE-CHC
Unread 25th of May, 2007, 04:42
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

To Kirfah, "No offense taken. You just confused me is all. I'll be glad to go, but I doubt I have a lot to say." (bwahaha)

To Hoylur, with a big huge grin on her face, "Ok, fair enough. Your girlfriend's knowledge has been very powerful. I don't think any one has properly thanked you, and I've been a freaking wreck lately. So, Thank you so much for talking to her at the Tiger and helping us find a cure, Hoylur. If you need any advice, let me know and I'll help you keep any bears at bay."
Unread 25th of May, 2007, 05:01
Ojoxsofeta
Ghoul

Hoylur

Surprised at the kindness outpouring from Zora (who generally is somewhat chilly towards the mage), he turns to her and asks:

"Hug?"

THFC-TIDE-CHC