Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > LeadPal's Games > Rise of the Runelords

Reply
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 13th of October, 2008, 12:50
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.63 per day)
Seraph took the girl's wrist, quickly noting the absence of any pulse.

"We need to leave."
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -

Last edited by LeadPal; 19th of October, 2008 at 18:25. Reason: result of action
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 23rd of November, 2008, 21:08
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
"Wh... why? But... Can't we stay here?" Seraph upset Shayliss' calm by turning towards the door, and she grabbed his arm, tugging him back as she pleaded. "It's safer here! Please! Why should we leave!?"

"Ven... help me. We can get her there..." Solsta murmured as she rose, struggling to lift Katrine's body from sitting. Ven said nothing, stepping into the shadowy alcove of the cellar door.

"No! Father, we'll be safe HERE!" Again, Shayliss began to cry, though less vigorously than when she was outside. "I don't want to die!"

The deafening neigh of a horse briefly seized their attention, and Seraph jerked away from Shayliss to look outside. A muscular, ashen charger was turning the corner around Turandarok Academy, bearing a warrior armoured in swathes of rawhide. He gestured down the street with his broadsword, his head turned towards some unseen person behind the academy, and spurred the horse forward, eyes coursing through the surroundings, searching for foes.

"This isn't safe for a lady. Get to cover." He didn't break the horse's canter to speak, only barely glancing at Cedriana before waving her off towards Vinder's shop. "Goblins are still here, hiding."
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 5th of December, 2008, 09:15
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.63 per day)
Seraph moves toward Shayliss and embraces her, letting the girl cry on him for a moments respite before looking her in the eyes again.

Goblins aren't coming in here from what I can tell, so the family will be safe. I'm not content to sit here on my hands while this is going on but I won't put her in danger.

"Alright, alright. Let me help you barricade the shop but please promise me you will stay in the cellar while I go and investigate this. Please?"
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 7th of December, 2008, 18:38
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
Shayliss didn't respond, but she didn't need to. She hated the idea; the hostility crawling into her expression was obvious, even concealed behind her mask of tears. Seraph lingered at her side longer than he intended to, unsure what to make of her resentment, before he opened the door to look outside.

The horseman's head lurched towards the movement on the porch, and he halted the horse with a nudge of the reins. After a moment of appraisal, he yelled "Can you fight?" to Seraph, and glanced behind himself, ever seeking foes.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 7th of December, 2008, 19:40
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.63 per day)
Seraph didn't want to fuck up any more relationships and walking out of the door towards the horseman he felt a tinge of guilt. Minus the goblin attack and her sister dying, I think this might be going pretty good. Without thinking Seraph dismisses the thought as too greedy, too needy. Though he was needy, that was the sad part. That was the part of him that he didn't want to come to grips with.

"Does a bear shit in the woods?" Seraph yelled back, cautiously gazing towards the warrior and then over his shoulder. He wanted this to go well, that meant coming back alive. No mistakes.

Last edited by LeadPal; 7th of December, 2008 at 20:05. Reason: disable smilies
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 7th of December, 2008, 20:02
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
"I don't need a cocksure twat. I need a fighter. Can you fight?" The man's shifting eyes paused on Cedriana, who wasn't taking cover as warned.

"You're... the wizard's daughter?" He considered the looming Turandarok Academy behind him, and his confidence increased. "Granddaughter. Do you have his spells in you?"
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 7th of December, 2008, 20:08
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.63 per day)
Seraph smiles at the man, "Yeah I can, who are you to be calling me a twat? Twat."
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 16th of December, 2008, 15:55
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.51 per day)
"Aye, I have magic in my blood." She looked toward the Academy and she thought of her grandpa again. The young woman, bleeding and a bit tattered still, opened her mouth to say more but promptly closed it again... at a loss for words in the midst of the chaos that had befallen her home. She looked back to he fighter on horseback and then to Seraph expectantly.

As Seraph responded snidely she interrupted the exchange before it exploded into any unneeded conflict. "Enough!" She took command of her emotions, and her gaping jaw, and asked the horseman with a direct and confident look, "What can we do to help?"

Last edited by elmer_jok; 16th of December, 2008 at 15:57. Reason: tense...
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 10th of January, 2009, 19:55
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.70 per day)
"You can arm yourselves and follow me," he replied. "There'll be a second wave coming through the north gate--they're going to burn down the White Deer. A second Great Fire."

A husky man jogged around the Academy, with two powerful, dun-red work dogs on a tight-fisted chain leash, and a mob of a half-dozen male townsfolk following his lead. Although disheveled, still wearing their bloodied street clothes, the men were heavily armed: several carried steel broadswords that matched that of the cavalryman, and the rest carried various heavy polearms. One of them, lagging a few yards behind, struggled to tote a large pack from which more polearms crested like a banner.

"Come along, cock-twat," the mounted warrior said, beckoning towards the men at the end of the street, grinning scornfully at Seraph. "Take a weapon, if you've got something to prove."

Last edited by LeadPal; 10th of January, 2009 at 20:01.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 03:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren