Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Tournaments

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 05:02
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.24 per day)
Psionic Tournament - Slave Stables

************************************************** ****
This is the area where the slaves are tended between bouts and where they rest and take their meals. Feel free to interact here.
************************************************** ****
A mindflayer walks in and hangs a chalk-board on one of the walls in the dining hall. As each match ends, he returns and marks it indicating each competitor's running total of wins and losses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Standings.JPG (16.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Boomlaor; 13th of March, 2008 at 08:05.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 05:04
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.34 per day)
Jéjé's spirits are at a low point... he does show a slight grin as the mindflayer makes two neat strokes for the winners but then starts to tremble and only manages to scribble some marks for the losers.

As the mindflayer turns to face him, Jéjé hastily looks away.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 05:40
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.30 per day)
James enters the stables victorious, and then sits down, bemoaning his fate as an illithid slave.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 13:51
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.31 per day)
Varla sits huddled in a corner. She won her match, but she takes no joy in it. She can hardly celebrate a victory when it means that the others are one step closer to becoming a grisly feast for the Mindflayers.

She steals a glance at her fellow prisoners, hoping that one might have some plan for escape, but what she sees offers her no hope. Although all are powerful in their own way, the Mindflayers are too many. Varla pulls her worn cloak around her tighter and waits for the next day to come.
__________________
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various characters do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the player.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 15th of February, 2008, 07:52
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.34 per day)
Jéjé returns victorious and scratches his head when he realizes that the board has momentarily vanished.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 15th of February, 2008, 07:55
SlagMortar
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1853
Posts: 699 (0.16 per day)
Timmy drags his equipment back to the stables in a huff. His master is furious with his poor showing so far. Timmy stammers out, "None of these psions fight like psions. Not one has tried to fish around in my head, not one! How was I supposed to know?" The Ithilid is having none of it and slaps Timmy across the face before turning on a heal and exiting the wretched stable.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 15th of February, 2008, 08:03
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.34 per day)
Jéjé smiles slightly at the strangest competitor in this tournament of the willful. Pity makes a short appearance in his expression but is quickly suppressed. He starts to get up and opens his mouth but suddenly decides otherwise and sits back down turning away.

Later that day...

When the others are out of earshot, Jéjé quietly moves up to Timmy and starts some small talk. After a while he suddenly glances at Timmy. "If I lose another match, how about tryin' to get outta here? Together? You seem to be able to resist those flayer's attempts on your mind pretty well. Maybe together we'd have a chance escaping this horrid place. Or we'd end our miserable existence... one way or another."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 15th of February, 2008, 09:47
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.31 per day)
At the end of the third day Varla is in no better mood. She is no gladiator and she knows it. Her match against Lilith proved it. Currently she is tied with three of the others, but that would soon change, for the better or worse.

She is surprised to hear a quite conversation in the corner. Up till now her "companions" had been a pretty quite lot. She can not make out what they are saying, but Jéjé and Timmy are up to something. She will have to watch them closely. If there is any chance of escape, she does not want to get left behind again.
__________________
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various characters do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the player.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 13th of March, 2008, 08:26
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.31 per day)
Varla can read the writing on the wall, or the crudely scrawled marks as it were. The chances of her winning this horrific "tournament" is slim. Desperation spurs her to action and she seeks out Jéjé.

"I saw you talking with Timmy earlier," she says without preamble. "You are not planning anything are you? Because if you are... I want in!"
__________________
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various characters do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the player.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 13th of March, 2008, 09:02
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.34 per day)
Jéjé turns to face Varla as she approaches, his face impassive. At her outburst he simply raises a brow and regards her silently for a rather long time. Her. Hmpf. Well, at least she's proven her worth by blasting me to bloody pulp. Finally he turns to spit on the floor away from her and speaks up. "You want in, hm? Want to get out of here? Rather than have your brain sucked out of your head while you're still conscious?" Another pause. Then... "Why, yes. We're planning something."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 14th of March, 2008, 01:05
SlagMortar
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1853
Posts: 699 (0.16 per day)
Timmy returns to the stable with a look of contentment provided by the fact that he finally got to hurt someone. And it was even a paladin. He is broken out of his reverie by a sarcastic slow clapping and Lilith's shrill voice shouting, "Ooooo, one win. Congratulations. Soon all the world will know of Timmy one win, the man with no brain."
"Don't be so sure of that woman. We've one match to go and I intend to see that at least one brain survives this competition. And if that brain is yours, that doesn't count. After tomorrow, I'll be Timmy two wins."

Noticing Varla and Jeje in discussion, Timmy approaches them. "Unfortunately, two wins is not going to cut it. What were you thinking, Jeje?"
__________________
Where failing a DC 10 check by 13 is just part of the game.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 15th of March, 2008, 00:07
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.34 per day)
"Thinking?" Jéjé shrugs. "Haven't got a plan... yet. But I'm set on not letting them touch my brains while I'm alive." Pausing for a moment, he then continues with a gleam in his eyes. "If we die, we should at least take some of them with us. I don't think I have to tell either of you that our chances are slim at best, non-existent maybe even. I'll take them regardless."

Frowning, Jéjé stares at the floor for a moment before continuing. "The problem is... when do we strike? After the fights we'll be weakened and I'm not sure they'll heal us and give us time to rest after the fights. My guess is that they'll make a feast of the losers when the last match of the three is over. Timing... hm..."
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 08:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren