Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Tournaments

View Poll Results: Cheer or Boo each gladiator
Cheer Spikey 6 75.00%
Boo Spikey 1 12.50%
Cheer Rakesh 5 62.50%
Boo Rakesh 2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 11th of December, 2007, 09:17
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
Gladiator Tournament II - Championship I - Spikey vs. Rakesh

Well folks this is it. One win here could spell the end of the tournament.

By the same token here, a win could also spell the extension of the tournament.

Wait... How can a win spell either the end of the tournament or its extension?

It depends on who wins.

Ohhh. I knew that.

Sure. Rakesh, Spikey, introduce yourselves to the crowd.

Spikey:
Crowd Attitude: 13 (Liked, +2 attacks & damage)
PP: 34
HP: 135

Rakesh:
Crowd Attitude: 4.6875
Spells: 3/3/8
HP: 162

Spikey and Rakesh have 24 hours to post their round 1 action. These actions are supposed to be for showmanship.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SvR.jpg (209.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg SvRLL.jpg (126.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SvRLR.jpg (121.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SvRUL.jpg (124.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SvRUR.jpg (132.9 KB, 0 views)
Unread 12th of December, 2007, 07:35
SlagMortar
Wraith

Member: #1853
Rakesh enters the arena ready to be greeted by the wild cheers of his supporters, but instead finds those cheering for him nearly drowned out by Spikey's fans. Is it my fault the giant lummoxes I fought went down so quickly? No matter, this fight is for me. He spits on the ground in Spikey's direction and places some distance between himself and the spiker.

OOC:
If Rakesh wins initiative, cast Expeditious Retreat and move to J14 -> K15 -> K22 -> L24, jumping onto platforms and over obstacles along the way.
If Rakesh loses initiative, cast mirror image, activate boots of speed, and move to L24 by the same path, unless Spikey moves to where Rakesh can get 90 feet away from him with a 40 foot move. In that case, cast mirror image and move 40 feet to a location at least 90 feet away and not a square where a monster could attack.

Basically, if Rakesh loses initiative, he wants to be at least 90 feet away from Spikey and out of the threat of monsters. Given Spikey's move below, that probably means somewhere in the SW part of the arena.

Last edited by SlagMortar; 12th of December, 2007 at 08:36.
Unread 12th of December, 2007, 08:29
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

Member: #1799
Rakesh again. I thought so.

Spikey enters the arena kama in hand and calm as ever. When their starting positions are revealed he turns to the judges and offers them a slight shake of his head. Turning to face his adversary, Spikey readies himself.

Calling onto his powers, his outline suddenly blurs and before anyone knows what is happening, Spikey jumps across the arena in his usual style.

[If Spikey wins initiative, manifest concealing amorpha, greater, then move to F7, then get a running start to F11 and jump as far as he can get and his move takes him (F19 if I calculated correctly) - to impress.

If Spikey loses initiative, manifest concealing amorpha, greater, then follow Rakesh as far as possible, jumping on the way with a running start to impress and staying at least 20' away from Rakesh (in the end) - and out of reach of the other creatures. Preferably upon a crate. If possible. Yes, please. ]
Unread 12th of December, 2007, 10:42
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Rakesh casts expeditious retreat.
Rakesh moves, jumping over stuff along the way. Jumps are automatic.

Astral Construct takes no action.

Clay Golem takes no action.

Spikey manifests greater concealing amorpha.
Spikey moves, jumping over stuff and to impress. Jumps over stuff are automatic. Jump 62 vs. DC 40. Critical success. Crowd attitude towards Spikey improves 2 steps.

Bulette is restrained.

Dire Bear is restrained.

Spikey:
Crowd Attitude: 15 (Liked, +2 attacks & damage)
Greater concealing amorpha - total concealment, expires round 6, initiative count 9
PP: 29

Rakesh:
Expeditious retreat - +30 ft land speed, duration of match
Spells: 3/2/8

Round 2:
Rakesh: 21
Astral Construct: 19
Clay Golem: 14
Spikey: 9
Bulette: 6
Dire Bear: 4

Well, this match is getting underway with some impressive jumping from Spikey, as per usual.

Rakesh, on the other hand, seems more interested in giving everyone a good view by heading for the center of the arena.

Rakesh has 24 hours to post his round 2 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SvR.jpg (209.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SvRLL.jpg (126.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg SvRLR.jpg (122.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg SvRUL.jpg (122.6 KB, 0 views)
Unread 12th of December, 2007, 14:32
SlagMortar
Wraith

Rakesh casts a glance at Spikey over his shoulder and leaps a pile of rubble while continuing his trek across the arena. He leaps up onto a platform before spinning around and chanting some non-sensical words as a coating of grease springs onto his skin.

OOC:
Move to T34 jumping all obstacles and leaping onto the platform. Cast grease on self.
Edit: Dodge target is Spikey and will remain so unless I change it.

Last edited by SlagMortar; 12th of December, 2007 at 17:31.
Unread 12th of December, 2007, 22:23
Tashalar

Spikey slowly and visibly shakes his head as Rakesh shows the white feather and vanishes to somewhere far away and out of sight of most spectators.

Shrugging once, Spikey does a few cartwheels on the edge of the crate before strengthening himself with his powers.

[Tumble to impress aided by balance. Manifest Animal affinity for +4 Str (3 PPs).]
Unread 13th of December, 2007, 03:59
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Rakesh moves, jumping over stuff and onto a platform.
Rakesh casts grease on himself.

Astral Construct steps.

Clay Golem steps.

Spikey tumbles to impress, using balance to help. Balance 10 vs. DC 10. Success. Spikey gets +2 on his tumble check. Tumble 27 vs. DC 40. Fails. Crowd is not impressed.
Spikey manifests animal affinity.

Bulette knocks over a wall and steps.

Dire Bear rears up onto a platform to move.

Spikey:
Greater concealing amorpha - total concealment, expires round 9, initiative count 9
Animal affinity - +4 Str, duration of match
PP: 26

Rakesh:
[i]Grease[i] - +10 to resist or escape grapple, expires round 10, initiative count 21
Dodge - +1 AC vs. Spikey
Spells: 3/1/8

Round 3:

Hmm... Rakesh seems intent on drawing this match out.

Spikey seems content to let him, and is trying to play it up with the crowd, but they want to see some blood.

Rakesh has 24 hours to post his round 3 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SvR.jpg (209.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg SvRLL.jpg (128.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SvRLR.jpg (120.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SvRUR.jpg (132.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Black Plauge; 13th of December, 2007 at 04:24.
Unread 13th of December, 2007, 07:41
SlagMortar
Wraith

Rakesh shrugs right back and Spikey. He shouts
"For a tumbling to impress,
one needs a full team.
Just sit back and rest,
I'll show what I mean."

OOC:
Rakesh casts mirror image and then tumbles and balances around the platform ending at S34.
# of images: 3
balance to assist: 15
tumble to impress: 25 (does not include possible bonus from spell or balance check)
Unread 13th of December, 2007, 07:49
Tashalar

Spikey simply points to his ears and makes a grand show of waving Rakesh over. As Rakesh responds by stepping one step closer, Spikey once more shakes his head and does more than one step - ending up much closer by.

[Manifest augmented precognition, offensive (+3 to attack - 7 PPs), move to P27 while tumbling to impress along the way. Oh, and staying out of reach of the ugly clay thingy as well.]

Last edited by Tashalar; 14th of December, 2007 at 04:11. Reason: Edited for 'movement clarity'.
Unread 14th of December, 2007, 05:27
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Rakesh casts mirror image.
Rakesh tumbles to impress, using his spell and balance to assist. Tumble 15 vs. DC 10. Success. Rakesh gets a +2 bonus on the tumble check. Tumble 29 vs. DC 40. Fails. Crowd is not impressed.

Spikey manifets offensive precognition.
Spikey moves, tumbling to impress and avoid AoOs and jumping up onto a platform. Tumble 27 vs. DC 40. Fails.

Bulette takes no action.

Dire Bear takes no action.

Spikey:
Greater concealing amorpha - total concealment, expires round 9, initiative count 9
Offensive precognition - +3 to hit
PP: 19

Rakesh:
[i]Grease[i] - +10 to resist or escape grapple, expires round 10, initiative count 21
Mirror image - 3 images, duration of match
Dodge - +1 AC vs. Spikey
Spells: 3/1/7

Round 4:

Gods, what is this, a circus?

There certainly is a lot of tumbling going on, but the crowd is still shouting for blood.

Rakesh has 24 hours to post his round 4 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SvR.jpg (209.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg SvRLL.jpg (127.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg SvRLR.jpg (120.7 KB, 1 views)
Unread 14th of December, 2007, 09:58
SlagMortar
Wraith

Enough of this. The game is on. Choosing not to favor the fickle crowd with any more poetry, Rakesh springs into action bounding toward Spikey for a defensive strike before disengaging back onto a nearby platform.

OOC: Begin spring attack by moving to P29. Attack with spiked chain using combat expertise for 5 and fighting defensively (miss chance: 15 , to hit: +13 BAB +12 Str +2 magic -5 CE -4 FD = +18=>34 , damage: 2d4 +18 Str +2 magic +1d6 merciful = 2d4 +20 +1d6=>23 +1 ). Continue spring attack moving to N31 and then jumping onto platformin M31.
Unread 15th of December, 2007, 01:56
Tashalar

Spikey slowly trots after the retreating half-dragon, coming to a halt right 'beneath' him. Ducking left and right, Spikey then lashes out with his kama - going for Rakesh's legs.

[Activate boots as free action. Manifest hustle as swift action (3 PPs). Move to N32 tumbling at half speed the whole way to impress and evade AoOs. Full attack Rakesh with greater flurry and haste to trip with kama+2. If counter-tripped, drop kama and continue to attack unarmed. Attack to trip until the real Rakesh is discovered (either by being tripped or via the counter-trip attempt), then the following attacks are to stun (but only if still attacking with full attack bonus - up to three attempts). Use last or last two attacks to destroy remaining images (two attacks if there are two or more images left).

Attack w/kama+2: +12 BAB +5 Str +2 enhancement +2 morale +3 insight +1 haste = +25, damage: 1d6 +9 (+5 Str +2 enhance +2 morale).
Unarmed: Same -2 => +23; damage: 4d8+7

Tumble to impress: 30 ;
Attacks (I will only roll 1d20+25 for the first attack, afterwards only 1d20+23 - add 2 if still attacking with kama. I won't roll damage.):

1: image check: 4 ; attack to trip: 39 ; trip check: 10 ; counter-trip check: 14 ;
2: image check: 1 ; attack (action depends on outcome of 1): 40 ;
trip check: 19 ; counter-trip check: 8 ;
3: image check: 1 ; attack: 25 ; trip check: 24 ; counter-trip check: 18 ;
4: attack: 26 ; trip check: 23 ; counter-trip check: 24 ;
5: attack: 35 ;
6: attack: 20 ;

Edit: Non-lethal damage please. ]

Last edited by Tashalar; 15th of December, 2007 at 02:25.
Unread 15th of December, 2007, 02:37
SlagMortar
Wraith

OOC: I believe the first attack results in a counter trip and Spikey dropping his kama. The second attack is a hit and stun attempt so Rakesh needs to save. If the save succeeds, then the other attacks miss and the last 2 destroy two images. If the save fails, then all attacks hit and Rakesh is in trouble. Since the only undetermined thing is the save, here goes:
Unread 15th of December, 2007, 03:56
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Rakesh moves.
Rakesh attacks Spikey. Concealment 15. Attack misses.
Rakesh moves, jumping onto a platform at the end.

Spikey activates his boots of speed.
Spikey manifests hustle, gaining an extra move action which he uses to move, tumbling to impress and avoid AoOs. Tumble 30 vs. DC 15 & 40. Success and fails. Spikey avoids the AoOs but the crowd is not impressed.
Spikey attacks Rakesh, attempting to trip with his kama. Targets image 4 (Rakesh is 4). 39 vs. Touch AC 16. Hits. Trip 10 vs. 26 (+12). Fails. Rakesh gets an opporunity to counter-trip. Trip 29 (+16) vs. 14. Success. Spikey drops his kama to avoid being tripped. Crowd attitude towards Spikey worsens 2 steps.
Spikey attacks Rakesh, attempting to stun. 40 vs. AC 31. Hits. Deals 25 non-lethal damage. Rakesh saves vs. Stun. 17 vs. 25. Fails. Rakesh is stunned and thus drops his spiked chain. Crowd attitude towards Spikey improves 2 steps.
Spikey attacks Rakesh. 25 & 26 vs. AC 25 (-2 AC, no Dex or Dodge). Both hit. Deals 21 & 22 non-lethal damage.
Spikey attacks two of Rakesh’s images. 35 & 20 vs. AC 8 (-2 AC, no Dex). Both hit, destroying the images.

Bulette takes no action.

Dire Bear takes no action.

Rakesh is stunned and cannot act.

Clay Golem moves.

Rakesh is no longer stunned.

Spikey:
Offensive precognition - +3 to hit
Haste - +1 attacks, AC, & Ref, 9 rounds remaining
PP: 16

Rakesh:
Mirror image - 1 images, duration of match
Dodge - +1 AC vs. Spikey
Non-lethal damage: 68

Round 6:

Action! Hmm... What klutz's, both our competitors have dropped their weapons.

And it was Spikey's fault both times. The crowd isn't sure whether to cheer or boo him.

Spikey has 24 hours to post his round 5 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SvR.jpg (209.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg SvRLR.jpg (124.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Black Plauge; 15th of December, 2007 at 04:15.
Unread 15th of December, 2007, 04:40
Tashalar

Spikey smiles as Rakesh goes limp. Waving to him shortly as he regains control of his body, Spikey suddenly looms above Rakesh and goes for Rakesh's legs in a big sweep followed by hits left and right with knee, foot and hand.

[Manifest augmented Expansion defensively (automatic - 7PPs) as swift action to become large size (N31/O32). Attack unarmed to trip, follow-up to deal non-lethal damage and stun. If counter-tripped, continue to try and trip, follow-up to deal non-lethal damage and stun (3 uses of stun max). Only use last attack (+13) if Rakesh is stunned or if an image remains (If image remains, destroy image. If none remain and Rakesh is stunned, attack Rakesh.) If Rakesh is tripped and stunned, attack to deal non-lethal damage.

Attack: +23 (if counter-tripped and prone, subtract 4), damage: 4d8+7
Trip check: +14 offensive, +10 defensive

1: Image check: 1 ; touch attack: 35 ; trip check: 27 ; counter-trip check: 22 ; follow-up attack: 26 ; damage: 34 non-lethal + stun
2: attack: 29 ; trip check: 28 ; counter-trip check: 23 ; follow-up attack: 31 ; damage (in any case should the attack hit): 20 non-lethal + stun
3: attack: 27 ; trip check: 17 ; counter-trip check: 27 ; follow-up attack: 42 ; damage: 16 non-lethal + stun
4: attack: 36 ; trip check: 19 ; counter-trip check: 21 ; follow-up attack: 24 ; damage: 22 non-lethal + stun
5: attack: 21 ; trip check: 16 ; counter-trip check: 17 ; follow-up attack: 20 ; damage: 25 non-lethal + stun
6:
attack: 22 ; trip check: 24 ; counter-trip check: 25 ; follow-up attack: 23 ; damage: 30 non-lethal + stun ]
Unread 15th of December, 2007, 09:54
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Spikey manifest expansion as a swift action.
Spikey attacks Rakesh, attemping to trip. Targets image 1 of 2 (Rakesh is 2). 35 vs. Touch AC 13. Hits. Image is destroyed. Crowd attitude towards Spikey worsens 1 step. 29 vs. Touch AC 21. Hits. Trip 28 vs. 18. Success. Rakesh is prone. Spikey gets a follow-up attack, on which he attempts to stun. 31 vs. AC 32. Deflected by natural armor. Crowd attitude towards Spikey improves 2 steps.
Spikey attacks Rakesh, attempting to stun. 27 vs. AC 32. Deflected by natural armor.
Spikey attacks Rakesh, attempting to stun. 36 vs. AC 32. Hits. Deals 32 non-lethal damage. Rakesh Fort 22 vs. DC 25. Fails. Rakesh is stunned.
Spikey attacks Rakesh. 21 & 22 vs. AC 21 (-4 prone, -2 stun, no Dex or Dodge). Both hit. Deals 32 & 39 non-lethal damage. Rakesh is unconscious.

Match is over. Spikey wins.

Crowd attitude towards Spikey worsens 3 steps (failure to use signature).

Crowd attitude towards Rakesh worsens 3 steps (failure to use signature).

Spikey:
Crowd Attitude: 13 (Liked, +2 attacks & damage)
PP: 9

Rakesh:
Crowd Attitude: 1.6875
Non-lethal damage: 171

Wham! Bam! Thank you, Spikey. The match is over just as it really got underway.

I know that Rakesh would have been hard to hold onto, but Spikey didn't even try to use his signature, and Rakesh's one chance never panned out. The crowd is not pleased with the quick end.

Well, maybe they'll be vocal enough to bring back Coravel for one more match.

It certainly would be interesting to see Coravel match up against Spikey, but I don't know if the crowd is displeased enough by this to warrant that rematch.

Voting will close on Tuesday, 18 December, 2007. If Spikey gains less than 3 net votes, then there will be a Crowd Favorite match against Coravel starting that day. If he gains 3 or more net votes, then he is the Champion.

Last edited by Black Plauge; 15th of December, 2007 at 10:09.
Unread 21st of December, 2007, 20:23
Tashalar

Spikey makes a grand tour around the arena flipping and jumping while he's at it and giving the crowd a good show. In the end he comes to stand before the judge's seating area and bows once.