Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Copper's Games > A World of Darkness

Unread 8th of October, 2011, 02:49
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Member: #9086
Player Forum (OOC)

Please put all OOC discussion and questions in here.
Unread 8th of October, 2011, 15:04
griffalo
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #9771
So... discussion of our characters, eh? I'll start by outlining the concept I settled on:

Andrew Saroyan is a young Tremere arrived in Los Angeles within the last few months. He's keen for adventure and sees his existence as tremendously exciting, and he's hoping to make his mark within the city and his Clan.

He likes speaking with other intelligent people and (to a lesser extent) educating the less intelligent.
Unread 8th of October, 2011, 18:12
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Good job Griff.

Having you all discuss character concept gives each of you a chance to suggest how little/much you each might know of one another. Also, if one one or more of you were thinking of pooling Background dots, or linking character backgrounds to some degree, then this would help you do so.
Unread 8th of October, 2011, 22:13
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Okay, to clarify: we have three players accepted for this game - Griffalo, Trenton and Foxtrot, with, I'm told, a possible fourth player eager to apply. Some of you have already sent me parts of your character sheets, but I have not yet replied. This is because I want to open the following to discussion first:

Would you three rather I allow Merits and Flaws? Having them can help to make a character more unique, but it also requires me to keep track of them, and modify/remove/add them as I see fit.

If at least two of you desire the Merits and Flaws to be included, then I will allow them. You should then modify your character sheets where necessary to accommodate their inclusion. If you're happy with your sheets as they are, just send me what's missing and leave it at that.

I will be getting a character sheet template up in the next few days (Monday most likely). Once each player character is approved for play, use the template to get a sheet up in the Player's Section, as normal.

Last edited by Copper; 8th of October, 2011 at 22:16.
Unread 8th of October, 2011, 22:19
griffalo
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #9771
I'm in favour of Merits and Flaws, obviously with them subject to ST approval; I trust that you'll judge if the M/Fs are appropriate for the character, or whether they've just been taken for powergaming purposes.
Unread 9th of October, 2011, 00:35
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Thanks for the prompt response. That's 1/3 in favour
Unread 9th of October, 2011, 04:18
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

Member: #9579
I'm working on backstory now, though it takes a back seat to school work. Should have it before the weekend is out.
Unread 9th of October, 2011, 22:37
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Thanks for letting me know, Foxtrot. What is your opinion on the Merits and Flaws question?

I will be getting up more information regarding some of the better known NPCs, and the character sheet layout, tomorrow. I'll also be looking over any and all characters that I have been sent over Private Message, so try to get me everything by tomorrow evening (GMT).
Unread 10th of October, 2011, 10:13
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

Merits and flaws are a great way to add flavor to a character. I love them, personally - you would know that by looking over the merits and flaws I put in Katsumi. I do understand that they can be exploited by min-maxers and complicate rules, but I always allow them anyways (I just single out min-maxed characters a bit, making sure they feel the pain of neglecting social skills to get that extra d10 with their knives)
Unread 10th of October, 2011, 18:22
Copper
Shadow [GM]

Well then, that's 2/3 (2/4?) in favour, so go ahead and include them in character creation. Just be sure to include expenditures in the cost summary, as normal.
Unread 11th of October, 2011, 01:04
Foxtrot
Ghoul [GM]

I'll have it done on Wednesday, but not before. Have a paper to write that takes priority.