Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > ...It Brings On Many Changes

Unread 28th of January, 2009, 04:43
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

Member: #830
O O C

Welcome. Start posting general things here. Hopefully sometime today I will have everyone's private GM-comms thread up and we can start on the details.

Do take a last look at the character acquisition thread everyone started on.
Unread 28th of January, 2009, 04:52
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

Member: #3028
The rulebook I have is from 1998, so I'm guessing that's the revised rules?
Unread 28th of January, 2009, 13:37
Wired*Nun

I believe so yes. I think it should work fine, we'll sort it out. But I don't think I'm going to get to anything tonight.
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 01:12
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Member: #1716
I have arrived. Sup?
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 01:34
Wired*Nun

I am setting up the private threads now, please start posting your character concepts and stats.
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 01:46
Wired*Nun

Also, post some general descriptions and discuss among yourselves what you would like to play. I intend for this coterie to be more cooperative and tied together than in my Amber or The Cult games, if not really a Serenity crew , so it will behoove you all to get comfortable with each other. BLC has already posted this for her character:

Brief description - Malkavian that has an addiction to sugar and chocolate food (will be taking the merit to allow eating food). Believes in bizarre rituals that involve offering chocolate to the gods, and is slowly building up a cult of candy-addicts.

Has a Ph D in neurology or psychology or something focused around mental illness from the University of Berlin, but fled Nazi Germany when he was forced to commit atrocities against the Jews. He gave up practicing medicine, and after a long stint of drugs and sex during the hippy era he has devoted himself to the hippy lifestyle (which is when he was embraced).

Spent the past 20-30 years spreading the love of chocolate and candy, and is slowly building up a cult of sugar addicts that offer candy sacrificies to ancient gods of various religions.

Occasionally he uses his credentials to immerse himself in the medical world (usually in the form of playing doctor at mental institutions).

EDIT: I'll probably throw in something along the lines of him fleeing to Africa when he ran from the Nazi army (maybe he was stationed there) and wound up as a 'medicine man' for some local tribe for a few years. Then he heard the war had finally ended and decided to rejoin civilization, but when to America instead of returning home to Germany and face charges of abandoning the army.

---Not sure how this is going to fit in but OK so far.
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 02:01
TreyKincaide
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #865
As of right now I'm a bit unsure beyond the most general of concepts. My work loads really high right now in law school, and while it doesn't keep me from posting, my well spring is a bit dry.

I'm leaning towards either:

Recycling Paul from The Cult who began the game off as a divorced, clinically depressed teacher with authority issues disgusted at the inadequacies of the system of American education.

or

Danny "Belfry" Belfast - a run away gothic punk teen with a perchant for getting into trouble who havens in an old burnt out church. Details are hazy from that point.

Any input would be much appreciated.
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 03:13
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Patrick Seamus James, a political lobby for a conglomerate Alcohol Tobacco and military hardware company. Twenty-Three and just out of college and making a six figure income, Patrick is a suburban raised yuppie who hasn't had to work for much in his entire life. He is arrogant and self-serving. More to come, but that's what I'm thinking now.
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 04:53
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

Cool. I posted this in my games forums, but you should know - I'm currently at a major conference (Photonics West) which is screwing up my online time. The conference is wrapping up tomorrow and I'm flying home, but it might take a few days to get my stuff organized and get back to regular posting.
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 04:54
Wired*Nun

For those new to my games, I dislike PMs. Please direct all your communications to me through some form of forum, unless you think I missed it and need to prompt me. Mostly this is going to be the OOC or your own GM Comms thread, which is part of the Housekeeping subform.

Besides the clunkyness of the PM system being annoying, and the limits on the numbers, this system also keeps everything there for future review, which is important for me as a GM sometimes.

Thanks.
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 05:02
Wired*Nun

Originally Posted by Benicus # Patrick Seamus James, a political lobby for a conglomerate Alcohol Tobacco and military hardware company. Twenty-Three and just out of college and making a six figure income, Patrick is a suburban raised yuppie who hasn't had to work for much in his entire life. He is arrogant and self-serving. More to come, but that's what I'm thinking now.
Is this before his Embrace? I don't see this working very well afterward...this isn't the Buffy/Angel universe.
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 05:04
Wired*Nun

I just realized that I would prefer that everyone's PC start out already Embraced. You provide the backstory. I did enough of the "your whole life changes and now you're a new type of creature" recently in my other game The Cult. Let's make them all at least a year old, preferably more, and knowledgable of the basics of vampire society at minimum, unless you're playing some kind of rogue or outcast. Either way, the PC should have adjusted to survival or life as of the start of the game.
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 05:06
Wired*Nun

Originally Posted by TreyKincaide # I'm leaning towards either:

Recycling Paul from The Cult who began the game off as a divorced, clinically depressed teacher with authority issues disgusted at the inadequacies of the system of American education.

or

Danny "Belfry" Belfast - a run away gothic punk teen with a perchant for getting into trouble who havens in an old burnt out church. Details are hazy from that point.

Any input would be much appreciated.
I'm starting to realize that if I'm dry, stick with the simple and straightforward. So I'd suggest the punk - he'll have more flexibility, too. Take it day by day.
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 06:26
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Originally Posted by Wired*Nun # Is this before his Embrace? I don't see this working very well afterward...this isn't the Buffy/Angel universe.
Yeah that would be before his embrace, I'm still thinking about what to do after lol.
Unread 29th of January, 2009, 12:53
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
Hi guys
Sorry for intruding but I could not let this pass, I was going to send a PM but saw the note on that and well here I am,
I have an old character I’ve wanted to play for some time it started as an NPC and thought on continuing him on, if a spot opens or if willing to carry a large group I hope you’ll take it in to consideration

The Devil’s Banker

For centuries, the Grimaldi revenants have served the
Sabbat’s leaders as their financial managers, major-domos,
Chiefs of staff and agents in the sunlit world. The revenant
family collectively amassed one of the world’s great private
fortunes, but none could truly claim to own the clothes on
their backs. All that they own, even to their lives, they own
at the pleasure of their Cainite masters - and the Grimaldi
love their masters, thanks to the power of the blood bond.
At least, they used to.
First, a quirk of fate freed Gabriel DeSalamanca
from his domitor. He helped other New York City revenants
free themselves by murdering their domitors. Through years
of such efforts, more than two dozen Grimaldis - a hefty
portion of the extended family - now operate across North America
without anyone in the Sabbat realizing that they lack
domitors. If anyone asks, the revenants say that they are
bound to a master in another city. With their Help Gabriel was able to contact
Cainites willing and able to protect
them from the Sabbat’s wrath: a select group of ventrue elders
in Europe and the United States who can appreciate the
talents and resources that the Grimaldis bring.

Gabriel thought to flight for freedom but the cainites who supported him had different plans

for a long time he took care of every detail while continuing to play the part for the sabbat
when the time came the banks opened they transferred all their masters assets to other accounts jumping from account to account and making sure the majority of the Grimialdis fled and when they reached he airport where Gabriel had prepared reservations with new identities for them to fan out across different cities so they could continue to work together in relative piece But it was work in Manhattan was not over for Gabriel, he had to stay behind, part of the agreement with their new protectors was for him to stay in Manhattan and help them further

They intended to take over New York and Gabriel had helped deliver the first strike

he was only one of the pieces they had prepared and he continued that night the camarilla swept Manhattan and the rest of new York, the fight continued but the financial district was secured, the camarilla needed Gabriel to continue working and make sure the financial markets were not affected by the drastic changes

as payment Gabriel was welcomed in to clan Ventrue
and now he continues to support the clan and the camarilla with his talents,
the group of revenants he helped escape to freedom still support him and slowly he’ll make them in to his progeny to establish a strong fraction within the clan

Image: Gabriel is the image of the sophisticated
executive. Slightly more relaxed and significantly
more suave than his Anglo counterparts on Wall Street,
Rodrigo wears his wavy hair a little long and his suits are cut
on an Italian instead of British model. His eyes, a deep sea
green, are often hidden behind slightly tinted sunglasses.
Under his haute couture attire, Gabriel bears the signs of
other, less human designers. His former Mistress used her
fleshcrafting arts to make him more to her liking,
Unread 30th of January, 2009, 01:52
Wired*Nun

I will let you know if a spot opens up.

I am going to set a deadline for everyone getting their character concepts including stats and background into their GM Comms by next Friday 6 Feb. Anyone (except Darq, I haven't been able to get ahold of her and she's a special case for me) will need to get their stuff in by then or I will consider them to have lost interest.
Unread 30th of January, 2009, 03:33
ikay
Bodak

Member: #2720
I’m reading the rules, but for now most of my ideas go towards something that would probably be a Ventrue or a Toreador. Either would be turned relatively recent, probably somewhere in the 80’s., and in Europe. I’m afraid that’s all I have for now, so I shall return to my scheduled reading!
Unread 30th of January, 2009, 05:11
Wired*Nun

It's a start, and everyone has more than a week. Sounds good so far.
Unread 30th of January, 2009, 06:25
ikay
Bodak

Member: #2720
Yeah it is, but I’m still unsure. I do have a slight preference towards a Ventrue, but Benicus’ idea sounds Ventrue-like as well, and if Darqueone plays one as well, it might be a bit much, all in all. I’m going to mull it over this weekend, but what say ye?
Unread 30th of January, 2009, 06:46
Wired*Nun

It's OK for several to be from one clan. Not like Ventrue is monolithic. What fun is politics if it's not political?
Unread 30th of January, 2009, 09:04
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Since I'm at work I'm going to be reading wikipedia articles on the clans and such to become familiar with the rp side of the game, then I'll get up the rest of my background and stats.

Also, yeah it's not like all democrats or republicans are the same just because they are in the same party.
Unread 30th of January, 2009, 11:44
Bad Luck Charm
Effigy [GM]

How about we all be Malkavian, each having a different form of dementia j/k, that would be absolutely crazy to try.

Wired - I'll be working on the char over the weekend, just got back from a major conference and I'm totally wiped, so I don't plan on touching this till sat from the looks of it.

Edit: Quick question - how do you feel about Caitiff?

I'm not completely dedicated to being the Malky psycho, might be up for something different. I have a lot of experience playing this game, so if you think there's a certain clan/type of character that would be really needed for whatever you have planned lemmie know. If not, I'll have a revised concept for you shortly

Last edited by Bad Luck Charm; 30th of January, 2009 at 11:48.
Unread 30th of January, 2009, 15:30
Darqueone
Spectre

Member: #2897
Hmph? Wha? *rubs eyes* Wazzit? Someone call me?

*clears throat and reads up*

Ok....

Wired, I was thinking could try a new concept kind of thing, a Tremere that might give the mage-player an 'in'. Or, could bring my Russian lady in; we should talk if you want that.

That's what I've got after a few hours of thoughts. Please bear in mind I'll be bearing a child in a few months and will be away from my keyboard a bit.
Unread 30th of January, 2009, 16:51
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #3238
I dug up a copy of Mage second edition Copy right 1995 I think.
I am rereading it, as it has been a while.
Currently thinking of a Hollow One, or independant.
Unread 31st of January, 2009, 02:32
Wired*Nun

Caitiff is fine by me, as long as you're willing to deal with the difficulties. And while Malk is a fun concept, I always thought that a CLAN based on insanity was beyond my suspension of disbelief. My take on Malks is that they are more of a grouping than a clan, imposed by others the way mundane society sometimes lumps its mentally ill together. I don't mind them - in one game I ran the Prince of Boston was a Malk, but his dementia took the form of rabid cross-dressing and a penchant for insisting that Primogen meetings sing childrens' songs in multipart harmony before any business would get done. In other words, it was manageable.

Darq, I could forward you Bettina's info...just kidding!!! Either way is fine with me. I imagine Tatyana could work with or even hire a mage as well as she worked with a garou, if she felt it was to her advantage...

David, that's a good copy to work off of since that's what I have. POst when you have more.

I'm thinking the initial adventure will involve a whodunit, a series of brutal murders of mortals connected to Kindred, perhaps some minor Kindred, that the players would be involved in investigating. Then we go from there.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 31st of January, 2009 at 04:42.