Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Conan: The Throne of Blood

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 18th of December, 2006, 07:05
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Chapter 7: Larsha and the Throne of Blood

The party packs up and heads out of Shadizar and prepares to follow the map to the ruined and haunted/cursed city of Larsha.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 19th of December, 2006, 05:07
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Sekmet will cross-reference the map with his own knowledge to lead the party as well as to check for anything awry with the map. He will also check the map for anything else interesting, like which building in the ruined city we are travel to, any secret entrances noted, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 20th of December, 2006, 00:01
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
The party begins to follow a winding road into the hill regions of Zamoria away from the decadent city of Shadizar.

Sekmet studies the map and begins to ponder what he knows of the region and the history of Larsha. The map looks like the trip should take a day or two to get there and the city itself is pretty huge, buried inside a mountain. The entrance is marked by a skull like cave entrance.

Freya leads the party riding beside Belkregos. Darius drives the wagon behind with Sadiq riding aboard.

[ooc: give me your placement in the order]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 20th of December, 2006, 01:25
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.71 per day)
"So, Sekmet, about how far do you reckon we'll have to go?" Darius asked from his position on the wagon. He scanned the horizon slowly, ever watchful for bandits or worse.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 20th of December, 2006, 01:42
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.09 per day)
Harith takes a position near the rear of the party, scanning at first for people who might be following the group out of Shadizar. Once there is some distance between them and Shadizar, he'll move up closer to the front.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 20th of December, 2006, 17:06
Tofu
Ghast

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Member: #1781
Posts: 308 (0.07 per day)
Tofu is sitting on back of wagon near supplys has bow and arrow accessiable to launch arrows should the wagon be assaulted.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 21st of December, 2006, 07:30
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Sekmet will be in the middle of the party, near the wagon so he can take cover if need be.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 21st of December, 2006, 07:31
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Originally Posted by Darius "So, Sekmet, about how far do you reckon we'll have to go?" Darius asked from his position on the wagon. He scanned the horizon slowly, ever watchful for bandits or worse.
"It should take no more than 2 days, should we have no delays, perhaps quicker if we hurry. I would prefer to take a slower pace and rest overnight a few hours from it, and arrive mid-day to begin our exploration," responds Sekmet.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 24th of December, 2006, 07:30
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.09 per day)
"Agreed," says Harith. "If we're going to rush this journey, let's save that for the way back, running away from the demon, not towards it!" He lets out a friendly laugh and spurs his horse onwards.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 24th of December, 2006, 08:39
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.63 per day)
"Well," Bragi says perking up a bit at his companions laughter, "what again is the importance of this 'Throne of Blood' that the wizard would risk our lives for it? Maybe we shouldn't hand it over so quickly after we get it." Bragi rides closest to Freya so he can help her if the need be.
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 27th of December, 2006, 01:08
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.71 per day)
Darius clucks at the horses and snorts at Bragi. "I don't know about you, but I'd like to get paid for this little venture. Do you honestly think we'll find another buyer? Or do you want to spend the rest of your life guarding some chair?"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 27th of December, 2006, 04:56
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Sekmet comments "the importance of an object depends on those who desire to possess it, so it may have little importance to most..."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 27th of December, 2006, 06:00
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Belkregos rides towards the front, always aware of his surroundings and scanning the topography for a possible ambush,

he looks at braggi
I intend to keep our end of the bargain, we agreed and weve already spend some of the reward, dont think i trust the masked buffoon but unless he changes the conditions or the situation warrants it, were keeping our end.

Harith I think we should scout ahead, keep your bow ready, freya can stay close to the main group

with that he prods his horse forward, not so far to loose line of sight and with in shouting distance
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 28th of December, 2006, 04:12
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Several hours pass as the party travels further into the winding rolling hills of Zamoria and the city of Shadizar is now out of sight, the road is pretty empty, there are no visible tracks of any sort. It's nearing just past high noon as the sun rises overhead.

Belkregos urges his mount forward to scout ahead a bit.

Harith notices no one following the party out of Shadizar. Most of the business seems to be using the other gates or staying near the city proper.

Tofu and Sadira ride along in the wagon as Darius guides it along, the wagon making a good bit of noise. Freya rides to the right of it, her eyes scanning the horizon.

Sekmet and Bragi ride to the left of the wagon.

[ooc: if you're making your own skill checks, please give me a spot/listen with your next post]
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 28th of December, 2006, 04:42
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Along the way, Sekmet will casually mention "from the tales of Larsha, those who once dwelled therein sought dominance over the living dead. If some should still remain, regular steel should work often enough, though some might require the silver weapons we have or fire, so we should prepare some torches once we near Larsha."

Spot: 14
Listen: 14

[OOC: Went with current 3rd level #s, figured at most if I increase for 4th, it would only be +1 more anyway; should have character update online in the next day.]
[OOC: Updated character has +1 to Spot & Listen, so my scores should be 15 on each]

Last edited by slaughterj; 28th of December, 2006 at 05:49.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 28th of December, 2006, 05:51
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
While en route, Sekmet will keep an eye out for old swords, daggers, etc., especially once the party nears the ruins where such things might be lying about, and collect several if possible (putting them on his horse generally, for use with Animate Swords). Also, once camped, Sekmet will attempt some divination while the party sets up (i.e., Astrological Prediction).
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 28th of December, 2006, 07:03
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.71 per day)
Driving the cart was a rather mindless activity, which meant that Darius had plent of time to focus on the road ahead, and the area surrounding them. He continued to whistle tunelessly as the proceeded onward.

Spot:8
Listen:5
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 28th of December, 2006, 07:24
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
listen 9
spot 14
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 29th of December, 2006, 04:30
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by slaughterj enough, though some might require the silver weapons we have or fire, so we should prepare some torches once we near Larsha."
"Good work, yes, that sounds wise.", Freya nods her horned helmeted head and glances about as the party proceeds deeper into the rolling hills.

As the day progresses towards mid afternoon, the roads begin to roll on as you go deeper into the hills and more towards the mountains.

Belkregos riding a head sees a faint glimmer of sunlight on metal in the road ahead as an arrow pierces his leg (3 dmg)

Sekmet sees the glimmer too, then he hears the cry as bandits fire several volleys of arrows upon the party from the surrounding hills.

Arrows fly around Sekmet, Bragi, Darius and the wagon's occupants, most of them miss, or land with a "thud" into the wagon. Alas, Sadiq gets hit by an arrow (5 dmg)

Freya cries out in her native tongue as she draws her warsword, "By Ymir's blood!"

[ooc: initiatives]

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 29th of December, 2006 at 04:36.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 29th of December, 2006, 05:02
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.71 per day)
Darius tied off the reins and grabbed his sword and shield.

"To arms! Bandits! Villains! Come and taste steel!"

[OOC: Initiative: 20 ]
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 29th of December, 2006, 05:05
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.09 per day)
OOC: Initiative: 15

EDIT: Dex went up, so Initiative went up, so that should be a 16.

Last edited by Harith; 29th of December, 2006 at 05:28.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 29th of December, 2006, 18:08
Benicus's Avatar
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1716
Location: Miisk, Wharf District
Posts: 2,813 (0.63 per day)
Bragi shouts to Raxxor trodding near his horses feet, "Today you will taste flesh my friend!"
OOC: Initiative:3
__________________
-Taking a hiatus from ORP. Have had rl things come up. Feel free to drop me from games. -
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 29th of December, 2006, 18:35
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Belkregos looks around for any weakness in the bandits formation, if there’s a small group he’ll rush them closing the distance for melee looking to neutralize the ranged weapon advantage even if he’d be outnumbered

__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 29th of December, 2006 at 18:40.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 29th of December, 2006, 18:40
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Initiative 21
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 30th of December, 2006, 04:24
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
The bandits number about a dozen, and about half of them have dropped their bows, drawn swords and hefted shields as they descend upon the party.

Both Belkregos and Freya ride upto to meet them, steel clashing with steel. Belkregos takes on 3 of the bandits as he readies his greatsword.

Freya takes the other 3 bandits with her gleaming warsword. The other bandits continue to pelt arrows down upon the party.

Round 1 Initiative Order
Belkregos
Freya and Darius
Harith
Bragi
Sadiq?
Tofu?

[ooc: need Sadiq's and Tofu's initiative]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren