Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

Unread 17th of October, 2005, 14:00
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #1476
Yvonne' Chapter

Ninthday, Thirdweek Tarsakh, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.
You awake in your current, and most likely temporary, resident in Immilmar. Uttering a short prayer, you communicate to the spirits of the land and receive the blessings they grant in return as you refresh your mind. Looking outside the window at the overcast weather, you ponder your next move in the land of Faerun.
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 08:56
Wisp
Ghoul

Member: #694
Well, I guess the first thing to do is go to my lodge and tell them thinks Yvonne as she gathers her equipment and heads the the local Ice Troll Beserker Lodge.
Unread 18th of October, 2005, 10:41
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

After collecting and organizing your gears for travel, you approach the lodge. It has less activities than usual, and even fewer of them look up as you enter.

Light, is the lack of darkness.
Unread 19th of October, 2005, 05:07
Wisp
Ghoul

Noticing the lack of activity, Yvonne seaks out one the beserkers she reconizes and says "Is there something going on? The lodge seems very empty."
Unread 19th of October, 2005, 10:39
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

You receive a relatively short reply. "Don't know. Some went out looking for powerful magical things, most likely to get killed. What are you up to?"
Unread 19th of October, 2005, 12:12
Wisp
Ghoul

"I was thinking about heading out on another journey if the lodge has no need of me." replied Yvonne.
Unread 20th of October, 2005, 06:31
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

This time you get a shrug in addition to the nearly meaningless reply. "Sure, why not. That's what everyone else is doing."

Unread 20th of October, 2005, 08:01
Wisp
Ghoul

"I'll be going now. I wish you good fortune." Yvonne says to the beserker as she leaves. Well, that was a little odd she thinks , but then justs shrugs it off. She starts to head for the docks to see if she can find a ship, suddenly realizing that she's not even sure where she's going yet.
Unread 20th of October, 2005, 10:46
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Down at the port, you see only a couple of ships, and both of them bear Thayan marks on them. It would appear to be trade ships that hail from Thaymount down south. Other than that, the port of Immilmar is not that busy, as the inner waterway only have two major destination, and other than south towards Thay, people rarely travel towards the north.

Unread 21st of October, 2005, 07:42
Wisp
Ghoul

Yvonne looks in disgust at the Thayan ships, spitting at the ground before leaving the docks. 'I can't believe we allow their ships to dock at our harbors. Well, at least we don't have any enclaves.' thinks Yvonne. Since there are no other ships she heads to a local tavern to think over a cup of jhuild(Rashemi Firewine).
Unread 21st of October, 2005, 10:44
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

After some more walk and a couple of coins, you find yourself sitting in the Icy Drip tavern with your choice of wine in front of you. The tavern is likely deserted, and you only see a couple of other patrons, at least conscious ones, that are in a light conversation over some drinks and simple meals.

Unread 22nd of October, 2005, 14:35
Wisp
Ghoul

'Now where could I go to learn more about this ability of mine?' wonders Yvonne over a mug of firewine. She sits clueless for awhile before concluding that the best answer would to ask on of the witches for their opinion, they are generally more knowledgable on this sort of thing. Paying the barkeeper what she owes, she gets up and heads out hoping to be able to find a Hathran to get some advice from.
Unread 24th of October, 2005, 11:03
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Leaving the docks, you search the other districts for local witches for their insights. After about half an hour, you are able to track down a Hathran who you have met a few times ago by the name of Ulyssy. She seems to remember you as well, and waves politely. "What is it that you need, young one?"

Unread 25th of October, 2005, 07:29
Wisp
Ghoul

"Wise One, if you have the time, I was hoping that you could offer some advice to a problem of mine." says Yvonne. Despite her time in training with the witches, Yvonne still feels great awe towards the witches, and acts very polite and humble before them.
Unread 25th of October, 2005, 13:06
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Ulyssy gestures for you to continue, "I cannot guarantee that I will have the answer to your question, but I can certainly lend you another person's point of view on your problem, which may broaden your horizon and help you see your problem clearly. What's on your mind?"

Unread 26th of October, 2005, 10:13
Wisp
Ghoul

"I am seeking knowledge about how my talents can exist, and why." replies Yvonne before continuing "I already know that the witches do not know anything about this, but I was hoping you could give me some advice on what other places I could look."
Unread 26th of October, 2005, 11:20
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Ulyssy ponders for a moment, and answers, "You seek knowledge about your own abilities? As I know not of your abilities, I cannot help you, but the path to it is clear. You must look within yourself for the first answer. To be more precise, try to experiment with them, and be sure to remember the feelings each time you do, compare them, and get the general understanding first. After you have taken this step, you will know your power enough to seek outside help. Perhaps there are others with similiar power, or powerful seers that can discern the origin of your abilities."

Unread 29th of October, 2005, 05:57
Wisp
Ghoul

'Feelings? That's easy, it's the same every time. Rage.' thinks Yvonne, before replying "I have some understanding of how the abilities work I think. What I need to find out is why. So far I have never even heard rumors of such abilities being possible. Before I tak my leave, can I ask if you know of any learend sages or seers who I may seek, for I know of none."
Unread 31st of October, 2005, 04:55
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Ulyssy ponders for a moment, then replies, "Morality aside, to the south, some of the Thayans are quite knowledgable, some even possess significant power to delve into secrets that we do not have access to. I have heard the Witch Queen of Aglarond be a powerful Arcanist, but her help may be difficult to acquire without connections. To the west in the Moonsea regions, the Black Network of Zhentarim are easily found, and they have arguably the best information network money can buy without magic. Of course, you may also research into the matter in Candlekeep by the Swordcoast, but such as an extremely far travel without magical transportation."

Unread 1st of November, 2005, 07:30
Wisp
Ghoul

"I thank you for your advice." says Yvonne with a quick curtsy, before leaving. 'Thayans and Zhents are out the question.' thinks Yvonne 'Candlekeep is too far without magical aid, and I have neither the skill or resources to get there. My only option then, would be the Algarond, though I have no idea how I would be able to gain an audience with the Witch Queen. Perhaps when I get there I will learn of a way. At the worst, I will be unable and can try to find a mercenary job or something to get the money to get to Candlekeep.'

Yvonne will spend the rest of the day gathering enough supplies to get to Algarond, and a horse and riding gear, and leave the next day.
Unread 2nd of November, 2005, 01:46
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

Tenthday, Thirdweek Tarsakh, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

Supplies and adventuring gears are prepared, and you set out on your new mount towards the south. Fetching the ferry across Lake Mulsantir, after a day's hard ride, you approach the Algarond area; you estimate with the same speed, you should reach your destination by late morning or noon tomorrow. The travel is uneventful, and gives you a lot of time to think about your options and situation. Wishing to reach

Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 11:21
Wisp
Ghoul

(Did you forget something? I have a feeling that I was left hanging.)

In the morning Yvonne casts Scorching Ray into her sword Ashwynd. After that she heads towards her destination at all due haste, preferably on a well-traveled road to avoid bandits and monsters.
Unread 3rd of November, 2005, 16:08
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

(OOC: I have no idea how the last post was cut off. Sorry, I didn't even recheck it until you post)

Greengrass, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting.

You reach Velprintalar, capital city of Aglarond. The city gives you a military feeling rather then the center of a kingdom. While there are more soldiers and guards then cities you have been to, they are generally friendly and peaceful.

Unread 4th of November, 2005, 12:18
Wisp
Ghoul

'If there's one thing that makes mages jump, it's an unknown element.' thinks Yvonne as she travels the city. She first decides to find an inn where she can rent a room for a couple days, then will attempt to find a local mage's guild.
Unread 7th of November, 2005, 15:41
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

You easily contract a room in the Salty Winds for a few days, then begins your search in the city. Surprisingly, in the capital of a kingdom run by a powerful Sorceress people call the "Witch Queen", you find no mage guilds at all. Those you ask for information inform you that Aglarond does not practice much independent magic; rather, an extensive research facility for Arcanists exist inside the Queen's Palace.