Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > The Alcotroll's Games > The Lost Homelands

Reply
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 11th of July, 2008, 21:41
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Malachi takes a few seconds to put himself in the right frame of mind. I am unconcerned with the situation...nothing is wrong. I see this kind of thing all the time. This is just another business transaction. Malachi looks at Balar and cocks an eyebrow. He sighs and shakes his head in obvious frustration. He looks at Villainous Stubble and rolls his eyes a bit, trying to communicate without words, "It so hard to find good help these days."

Malachi holds up his empty hands and says, "We want no trouble, but we need to speak to that man," as he gestures with his chin towards their prisoner. "May I come in before we draw a crowd? It could be profitable for everyone here...money that could be spent on grooming, or gazing, or...whatever you like." Malachi chuckles amicably as if expecting Villainous Stubble to laugh along with him.

Noticing the thugs' affinity for red hand symbolism, Malachi searches his memory. Have I seen those before? Have I heard of a group that uses that symbol?

[OOC: Diplomacy Check. Knowledge Local (?) Check. EDIT: Rolls: http://online-roleplaying.com/forums...&postcount=234]
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Last edited by Nicodemis Finch; 11th of July, 2008 at 21:55.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Unread 12th of July, 2008, 01:06
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
"Not dangerous?"
The leader of the motley band seems incensed with rage at this casual dismissal, and moves to stand in front of the still bound Morrissey, pointing his sword squarely at Balar's chest. "Not bloody dangerous?" he growls again, "You don't know who you're fucking with, do you?"
The girl giggles, the point of her crossbow bolt moving erratically from Balar's face to Malachi's chest as the half-elf comes to stand in the doorway.

Stubble's weapon swings around to threaten the newcomer, and he flaps his mouth in indignation for a second. "You better just fuck off right now!" he demands, clearly unable to come up with a better rejoinder. "This ain't none of your business, so don't make no trouble- hear?"
His crude red hand symbol means little to Malachi, but Aterium is full of criminal gangs and robber bands who frequently sport such badges to boast their petty allegiances. This man certainly has the manner of a small-time thug- a big fish in a small pond, suddenly out of his depth when faced by people not intimidated by a weapon and an aggressive manner.

"Cut 'em!" shouts the young knifeman at the back, in a voice tight with excitement. "Cut 'em good!"

[OOC: With Balar inside and Malachi in the doorway, the others can't see what's going on- though they can hear.]
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Unread 12th of July, 2008, 03:47
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Malachi feels a bit of a knot forming in his stomach. These three are a half a step from madness! I may need to change tactics. Malachi moves into the room and to the left of the door to stand in front of Stubble. “I am feeling quite generous today. A gold coin could be shared between the lot of you if you leave now.”

Malachi then rests his hand on the hilt of his rapier. In contrast to the rusty short sword in the hands of Stubble, it is a work of art. The graceful, silver, wire hilt entwines the crosspiece in filligree work that only elvish master craftsmen can produce. Although it cannot be detected at any real distance, every inch of the weapon is lavishly etched with intricate scrollwork of stylized vines.

Speaking to Stubble, Malachi’s tone turns serious, If I draw my sword, it cannot be returned to its sheath until it has quenched its thirst with your blood. My large friend,” tilting his head towards Balar, “will have to content himself with turning the youngling cowering in the back into quivering, bloody chunks. The girl?” Malachi shrugs, “who can say what he will do to her? He is a northman afterall.”

[OOC: Intimidate Check: http://online-roleplaying.com/forums...&postcount=237]
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Last edited by Nicodemis Finch; 12th of July, 2008 at 03:51.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Unread 12th of July, 2008, 04:34
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
It takes a second for the lead thug to digest this, and then with a contorted snarl of rage he lurches forwards with his sword extended in a clumsy lunge. The point of the blade is easily avoided and achieves little more than opening a gash in Malachi's shirt.

Letting out a whooping cackle, the young knifeman pushes the bound Morrisey out of his way, sending the Elf crashing to the floor, chair and all. The man tries to push past his leader to get at Malachi, but with his flanks protected by the door frame, the rogue is for the moment safe.
The giggling, drug-addled bow-woman tightens her finger on the trigger of her pistol bow and sends a bolt into the plaster-work, having passed close enough to Balar's face for him to have seen the rust on the iron tip.
Still snarling, the grey-haired thug jabs his weapon at Malachi again and this time succeeds in gouging the tip painfully into his opponent's arm.

[OOC: Initiative order:
Knifeman; moved
Girl; fired- missed
Leader; surprise round (missed) attacked (hit)

Malachi, -next up.
Lionel,
Balar,
Darriel.
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Unread 13th of July, 2008, 13:00
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Malachi's brow furrows and he mutters "Have it your way!" He draws his rapier and quickly stabs Stubble.

[OOC: TA, remember that in my last post Malachi moved into the room.

Rolls:http://online-roleplaying.com/forums...&postcount=245

Attack: 22 vs AC
Damage: 3 (I forgot to add my +1 weapon modifier)]
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Unread 14th of July, 2008, 03:14
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
Malachi's quick blade, deftly handled, slides around his opponent's guard and punctures the leather of his jerkin, drawing blood and eliciting a yelp from the man, who lurches back before the steel can sink deeper. A painful wound, but not a fatal one.

[OOC: still to go:
Lionel
Balar,
Darriel.
Drop this text at http://pages.infinit.net/pdclarke/mmee/index.html
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 10 10 rs 0 0 -c -c -c 10 10 10 10 -c -c -c *s -1 3c 2c rs
@0 0 3c 10 3c 2c *s -1 60 3o rs 0 0 4o -c 60 -c 60 3o 4o 3o *s -1
@5c 1o rs 0 0 1c 1o 5c 1o *s -1 5c 2c rs 0 0 5c 10 5c 2c *s -1 5c
@3o rs 0 0 5c 2c 5c 3o *s -1 3c 1o rs 0 0 o 1o 3c 1o *s -1 3c 3o
@rs 0 0 o -c o 3o 3c 3o 3c 2c *s -1 40 4b rs 0 0 2o 4c 40 4c *s
@-1 5c 4b rs 0 0 41 4c 5d 4c *s d 4o 4o 3js 7 *s 0 8r 6p 1br 4 *s
@0 7f 7x 158 -12 *s 0 a2 5d 1a0 -6 *s 8 8p 5e 19i p *s h 7e 42
@1no -22 *s -1 5c 4c rs 0 0 5c 30 5c 4c *s -1 3c 4c rs 0 0 3c 30
@3c 4c *s -1 o 1c rs 0 73 0 1d o 1d *s -1 4o 1o rs 0 73 3c 1o 4o
@1o *s -1 60 30 rs 0 73 60 1o 60 30 *s -1 30 3o rs 0 73 1o 3o 30
@3o *s -3 2a 1e rs 0 =5 feet *s -3 8z 78 rs 0 1 *s -3 7m 8f rs 0
@2 *s -3 ad 5q rs 0 3 *s -3 8x 5u rs 0 M *s -3 4d 57 rs 0 -Bed *s
@-3 7z 30 rs 0 *s -3 1l 2t rs 0 =Window *s -3 6w 46 rs 0 -Table *s
@-1 60 50 rs 0 9zabk -20 50 60 50 *s -1 60 50 rs 0 9zabk 60 50 60
@2c *s -1 20 50 rs 0 9zabk 20 50 20 2c *s -1 2o 4c rs 0 9zabk 2o
@4c 2o 38 *s -1 2w 4c rs 0 9zabk 2g 4c 2w 38 *s -1 34 4c rs 0
@9zabk 28 4c 34 3g *s -1 38 4c rs 0 9zabk 24 4c 38 3w *s -1 38 4c
@rs 0 9zabk 24 4c 38 4c *s -1 64 54 rs 0 9zabk -24 54 64 54 64 54
@64 28 5w 28 *s -1 24 54 rs 0 9zabk 1w 28 1o 28 1o 54 24 54 *s -3
@c9 8g rs 0 -Landing *s -3 5g 88 rs 0 -Stairs *s 1 a0 7z 1f6 -8 *s
@1 8r 80 1e4 -1a *s 1 7f 9b 1fu 8 *s 1 65 9b 1bm 0 *s -3 a6 8j rs
@0 B *s -3 8z 8i rs 0 M *s -3 7o 9u rs 0 D *s -3 6d 9s rs 0 L *s
@-1 4g 4s rs 0 9y6tc 48 4s 48 44 40 4c 4g 4c 48 44 *s -1 4c 3k rs
@0 9y6tc 4c g 30 3k 30 34 38 3c 30 3k
*END k2xax0
]
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"

Last edited by The Alcotroll; 15th of July, 2008 at 02:05.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Unread 15th of July, 2008, 13:11
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
Lionel speaks no words for a few moments, digesting that things may, and eventually get rough. His boyish "don't care attitude" didn't last a second when he heard from the door another man speaking, only imaginations could permit him to describe the situation at hand.

"Ah, crap, where are the pretty ladies!"

As he approaches the door, he notices that a window may be crawled if he had the time. He quickly inspects the window, essentially if such could be a way to enter this gritty household, and if it is the case, he will move quickly to the window, open it, and crawl inside. If not, he will approach the door as close as possible, and cast Enlarge Person on Balar, giving him superior strength for the upcoming battle, if possible.

Finally, he decides the best possible solution would be to help the others defeat our foes, so he will move in range by take a small step and cast Enlarge Person on Balar, making him a more imposing and intimidating creature.

Last edited by Scythe; 16th of July, 2008 at 23:06.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Unread 18th of July, 2008, 22:51
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
Balar's rapid transformation takes everyone by surprise, including the barbarian himself, catching a nasty crack on the head as the ceiling impedes his growth.
Slack-jawad, the pistol-bow girl stares up at him in horror. "Bad trip, man..." she murmurs.

[OOC: Balar and Darriel left.]
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Unread 18th of July, 2008, 23:21
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
"Augh!! What the hells is this!?!?" Balar starts flailing wildly as his size increases until he can barely stand. "What vile magic!?! You!!" He glares at the stubbly faced man. "You think you are clever, Wizard? You have only made me stronger!!" Furious at being made the victim of dark magic, Balar somehow draws his now even larger blade and attempts to pin the man to the floor with it's tip.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 18th of July, 2008 at 23:45.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Unread 18th of July, 2008, 23:45
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)

Attack: 18

Damage: 10
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Unread 23rd of July, 2008, 20:23
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
Balar's magically enlarged sword, propelled by magically enlarged muscles, smashes through villainous stubble's boiled leather jerkin, shatters his ribs and bursts free on the other side in a flood of gore. The effect is much like a man squashing a cockroach with a table knife.
Behind Malachi, Darriel pushes his hands against the Elf's shoulders and draws on the ambient field of magic around him to flood healing energy through his companion's veins. Malachi's injured arm prickles uncomfortably as the flesh around the wound twists, writhes and seals itself shut.

Their leader twitching in a viscid puddle of his own fluids and the only exit blocked, the two remaining thugs find themselves trapped. With an incohate scream, the young man with the knife throws himself at Malachi in a frenzy, opening a fresh gash in the Elf's clothing and injuring him once again. The girl with the pistol bow backs away towards the window at the far end of the room, her fingers fumbling with a fresh bolt.

[OOC: Initiative:
1-Stubble (dead)
2-Knifeman- attacks Malachi
3-Girl- moves towards table and window
Malachi,
Lionel,
Balar,
Darriel.

Drop this text at http://pages.infinit.net/pdclarke/mmee/index.html
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 10 10 rs 0 0 -c -c -c 10 10 10 10 -c -c -c *s -1 3c 2c rs
@0 0 3c 10 3c 2c *s -1 60 3o rs 0 0 4o -c 60 -c 60 3o 4o 3o *s -1
@5c 1o rs 0 0 1c 1o 5c 1o *s -1 5c 2c rs 0 0 5c 10 5c 2c *s -1 5c
@3o rs 0 0 5c 2c 5c 3o *s -1 3c 1o rs 0 0 o 1o 3c 1o *s -1 3c 3o
@rs 0 0 o -c o 3o 3c 3o 3c 2c *s -1 40 4b rs 0 0 2o 4c 40 4c *s
@-1 5c 4b rs 0 0 41 4c 5d 4c *s d 4o 4o 3js 7 *s 0 8r 6p 1br 4 *s
@0 7f 7x 158 -11 *s 0 8w 42 1a0 -5 *s 8 8p 5e 19i p *s h 7e 42
@1no -21 *s -1 5c 4c rs 0 0 5c 30 5c 4c *s -1 3c 4c rs 0 0 3c 30
@3c 4c *s -1 o 1c rs 0 73 0 1d o 1d *s -1 4o 1o rs 0 73 3c 1o 4o
@1o *s -1 60 30 rs 0 73 60 1o 60 30 *s -1 30 3o rs 0 73 1o 3o 30
@3o *s -3 2a 1e rs 0 =5 feet *s -3 8z 78 rs 0 1 *s -3 7m 8f rs 0
@2 *s -3 92 4i rs 0 3 *s -3 8x 5u rs 0 M *s -3 4d 57 rs 0 -Bed *s
@-3 7z 30 rs 0 *s -3 1l 2t rs 0 =Window *s -3 6w 46 rs 0 -Table *s
@-1 60 50 rs 0 9zabk -20 50 60 50 *s -1 60 50 rs 0 9zabk 60 50 60
@2c *s -1 20 50 rs 0 9zabk 20 50 20 2c *s -1 2o 4c rs 0 9zabk 2o
@4c 2o 38 *s -1 2w 4c rs 0 9zabk 2g 4c 2w 38 *s -1 34 4c rs 0
@9zabk 28 4c 34 3g *s -1 38 4c rs 0 9zabk 24 4c 38 3w *s -1 38 4c
@rs 0 9zabk 24 4c 38 4c *s -1 64 54 rs 0 9zabk -24 54 64 54 64 54
@64 28 5w 28 *s -1 24 54 rs 0 9zabk 1w 28 1o 28 1o 54 24 54 *s -3
@c9 8g rs 0 -Landing *s -3 5g 88 rs 0 -Stairs *s 1 a0 7z 1f6 -7 *s
@1 8r 80 1e4 -19 *s 1 8s 9c 1fu 8 *s 1 65 9b 1bm 0 *s -3 a6 8j rs
@0 B *s -3 8z 8i rs 0 M *s -3 93 9u rs 0 D *s -3 6d 9s rs 0 L *s
@-1 44 4o rs 0 9y6tc 38 4g 44 4g 3w 48 3w 4o 44 4g *s -1 4o 3o rs
@0 9y6tc 3c 3o 4o 2c *s -1 54 2s rs 0 9y6tc 54 2s 4g 1g 4g 1o 4o
@1o 4g 1g
*END 2788jn
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Unread 24th of July, 2008, 11:32
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Malachi recoils instinctively from the wound, but also lashes out with his rapier. He watches his opponent's body closely, trying to anticipate his next move.

[OCC: Attack the knife wielder: 12 vs AC; 7 Damage. Rolls:http://online-roleplaying.com/forums...&postcount=267 Edit: Dodge on the knife wielder.]
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Last edited by Nicodemis Finch; 24th of July, 2008 at 21:37. Reason: elf mistake
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Unread 24th of July, 2008, 23:31
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
Lionel doesen't know who his talents could possibly benefit from the current situation. However, he remembers an old and useful spell he had learned, that could to the least help his allies.

Lionel will move 3 squares to the right, and, if he has line of sight against the knife-weilder trying to strike at Malachi, he will cast Ray of Enfeeblement.

Ranged touch attack: 13
Strength damage: 8
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Unread 25th of July, 2008, 04:10
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
Like a rat in a trap, the young thug confronting Malachi is almost completely unpredictable in his movements, hyped up as he is into a fear and rage-fueled frenzy. Malachi's rapier slides s brushed aside by one frantically waving arm, and Lionel's magic fares little better.
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Unread 25th of July, 2008, 04:40
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
They are less dangerous than I suspected. Thinks Balar, but he is dismayed to find that despite the leader's body being skewered his curse is still in effect. He looks around as best he can with his head cramped against the ceiling and notices the apparently possessed girl frantically fumbling with her weapon. With his own allies concentrating on the knife wielding man Balar moves forward straight towards the girl and reaches down with his over sized hands to restrain her.

OOC: That's a Grapple. Touch attack: 12 Opposed Grapple Check: 12
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Unread 4th of August, 2008, 11:34
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
Slurring a curse, the young woman swings her pistol bow against Balar's jaw, but fails to prevent his huge hands from clamping down on her. Wriggling and kicking, her vicious swearing is swiftly muffled by Balar's broad chest as he squashes her in a bear-like embrace.

Seeing his remaining companion disabled, the remaining thug gives an incohate scream and launches himself bodily at Malachi, who blocks the only exit from Morrisey's second floor room. Caught by surprise, the Elf's rapier raises reflexively and the young man's bid for freedom is interrupted by its point. Choking, gasping, an almost comical look of confusion on his face, the knifeman sags and crumples to the floorboards with a loud thump.
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Unread 4th of August, 2008, 11:47
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar, with his increased size, finds it unusually easy, that is, completely effortless, to restrain the girl, and holds her securely so as to keep her arms and legs from flailing too much. He is careful however not to cause any actual damage. He looks down piteously at her panicked but futile attempts to escape and mumbles; "Please, stop struggling... I won't hurt you... Just, calm down."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 4th of August, 2008 at 11:53.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Unread 5th of August, 2008, 06:51
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
After wiping the blood from his rapier on the dead man's jerkin, Malachi finally moves into the room and out of the doorway. He calls over his shoulder to Lionel and Darriel, "Make sure she is disarmed and bound before the spell wears off. We do not need further commotion."

He crosses the room to where Morrisey lies bound to a chair. "It looks like we arrived not a moment too soon, eh my friend?" As Malachi uprights the chair he realizes that Morrisey is slightly dead.
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Last edited by Nicodemis Finch; 6th of August, 2008 at 21:18. Reason: Morrisey is dead!
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Unread 6th of August, 2008, 19:07
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
The floor is awash with blood and as Malachi lifts Morrisey upright, it is apparent that much of it stains the front of the Elf's ragged shirt. Morrisey's head lolls on his chest and he makes no response to Malachi's words, nor offers thanks for his rescue. A certain stillness of the limbs prompts Malachi to lift the bound Elf's head, revealing dead eyes and a slack mouth, a messy knife-wound on the side of the throat.

Aided by Dariel, Balar has little difficulty disarming the captive girl, and restraining her with the silk rope in his pack.
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Unread 6th of August, 2008, 19:22
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar fails to notice that their lead is in no position to inform them, as he is busy watching over the girl for signs that the strange enchantment that seemed to have been over her is dissipating. At first he thought her vacant expression might have been caused by some sort of possession by evil spirits, considering what had happened to him, it was more likely that the apparent sorcerer had compelled her with his magic in some way. Of course it was also possible that he might have summoned an evil spirit and bent it to his will in order to have it possess her, thus gaining control of her himself by extension.

Bastard demonic sorcerers... "Hey, are you alright? You're safe now. That evil sorcerer is dead. Can you hear me? Hey! Come on, snap out of it!"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 7th of August, 2008 at 09:40.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Unread 7th of August, 2008, 09:30
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
Some would say Lionel was a coward whom had stayed behind during the fight, but without his support on Balar's already intimidating nature, his arcana only increased this already fearsome nature, for him anyways.

He advances forward, noticing the blood and gore from the fight. He didn't like it, but some things were just meant to be, and these criminals got what was coming to them. However, Lionel cannot stop but grin when Malachi notices the dead corpse of the man we had come in search for.

"I believe, Malachi, that the man is dead", he says with a small grin.

He remembers seeing people in such a state before, but where...

Last edited by Scythe; 7th of August, 2008 at 09:33.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Unread 8th of August, 2008, 05:17
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Malachi smirks back at Lionel, "That is an extremely helpful observation, Lionel. May I suggest you turn your keen powers of observation on the girl?" Malachi approaches Lionel and speaks softly in his ear, "She is obviously a drug user of some sort. How long can she sit there tied up before she becomes desperate for the freedom to obtain her drug of choice? I have numerous questions that need answers...."

EDIT: Malachi turns to Balar, "Keep an eye out the back door will you? Who knows who might have heard the noise."
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Last edited by Nicodemis Finch; 8th of August, 2008 at 05:30.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Unread 8th of August, 2008, 12:39
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
"My keen observation powers have other uses I suppose, hehe", he smirks back at Malachi, thinking back a few weeks ago when he tried to use his charms on this lovely young lady he had met at the magical item shop, only to cleverly notice the flagrant use of the Alter Shape spell. A quick twist of his old wand helped clear out the mystery of everyone present, nasty little orc woman. He had such a laugh that day, and everybody else did. Though she will remember it for quite some time.

Lionel closely examines the druggie tied on the floor, and suddenly, everything comes to him. One of his father's old friends, when he was still in his family picture, was actually a drug addict, and he notices the similar symptoms and commonly known side effects of the drug know as "Gaze"; having read on the subject while studying the basics of alchemy, he had fallen upon a mage's personal journal in the Grand Library of Aterium, where a very large description of the drug was written.

"I've seen someone like this before when I was a little bit younger; it's called Gaze, don't know if you've heard about it? Because of the highly addictive features of the drug, and depending on the last "fix" she had, we got no more than two or three days. Oh, and don't worry, gazers mostly require frequent doses, and it is much likely she is already in the need for a line."

Last edited by Scythe; 8th of August, 2008 at 12:47.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Unread 8th of August, 2008, 12:56
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar momentarily turns away from the girl to look at Lionel, an obviously concerned expression on his face. "Er, what's that mean? Will she be alright? What's wrong with her?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Unread 8th of August, 2008, 13:39
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
"I'm pretty sure Malachi will explain everything to you when we have the time. In any case, we have to be quick about it.", Lionel frowns a little, he doesn't really feel like explaining the nature of drugs to a barbarian. It is apparent that Lionel has a problem with... slightly uncultured folk.

"In any case, if you really want to question her, I have a solution that may make our questioning, or should I say, the drug addict a little more cooperative?", he welcomes Malachi a few steps back from the girl

"Here's what we could do, I have a spell here that might just be our solution, if, of course, she doesn't feel to cooperate. Wouldn't want to waste my thought detection spell for nothing would I now?", he says with a low voice, wouldn't want the captive to hear his plan?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren