Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 28th of March, 2007, 08:42
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
Gorthas continues towards the group and kneels next to Icarus, "Demon spawns, isn't that nice?" He looks down at Icarus and says, "You've gotten yourself into a right ugly mess." He smiles, "My name's Gorthas Herugen and I'm going to help you. Brace yourself, I do not envy the you the pain you're about to feel."

And with that Gorthas gently lays his hands on Icarus's chest. In an instant a pain, like electricity, shoots through Icarus's body almost worse than the blow that landed him into this sorry state, but as quickly as it comes, it leaves to be replaced with a dull ache throughout his body. As everyone else looks on they see some of Icarus's wounds close and his bones right themselves underneath his flesh with a sound like a dozen snapping twigs and a saturated sponge being wrung out. Many of his injuries instead of being bleeding wounds turn into nothing more than horrible looking bruises.

"This next part will be easier and nicer." Gorthas says to Icarus. And once again he places his hands on Icarus's body. With the sound of a gentle hum as Essence passes from Gorthas into Icarus's body some of his bruises soften in color or in some cases vanish altogether.

With that second expenditure of Essence, Gorthas's No Moon caste mark becomes barely visible on his forhead.

He looks down at his handy-work and says, "Hmmm. Not all better, but good enough for now. How about I look at your other friend's wounds for the moment?"

And he looks at Shaedra and says with a smile, "How's about I take a look at that head wound of yours before your head falls right off?"

[OOC: Spending 12 motes to turn 4 Lethal Health levels into Bashing damage with Mother's Touch, then spending 8 more motes to heal those 4 levels of bashing damage (with the same charm), for a total cost of 20 motes and completely healing 4 health levels of damage from Icarus.]

Last edited by Xaden; 28th of March, 2007 at 08:47.
  #27  
Unread 28th of March, 2007, 09:08
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Shaedra seems taken aback slightly. Here they were with no healer and with Icarus in such sorry shape, and suddenly one pops out of the fray. She can do nothing but nod and allow him to take a look. Considering the grand effect he had on Icarus, she wouldn't mind some of the same.

Icarus seems jolted fully awake by the charms effects. He leans up, winces at the grevious wound that still remains, and slowly gets to his feet. Turning to Gorthas, he makes an effort at ignoring his wounds and makes a steady motion of greeting.

"You arrive at the eve of need brother. It is greatly appreciated. You have our thanks."

Turning to Tiden, he rolls his eyes slightly as he grasps at his injury.

"I don't know how much help i'm going to be if those demons decide to come back. I'm still hurt badly. It's going to be up to you and Shaedra."
  #28  
Unread 28th of March, 2007, 10:19
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
"Well first thing's first, we need to get this malfean rain washed off you two and your wounds, I doubt it's doing them any good." He says as he gently takes Shaedra's head (on it's uninjured side) in one of his massive hands, then carefully turns her head to look closely at the injured side. "Brace yourself, you're not going to like the initial shock."

He then plants his other hand on the opposite side of Shaedra's head and to her it feels like he's trying to crush her skull back into one piece for a brief instant, then she's left with only a dull pounding in her head. Gorthas is now glowing brightly with a purplish light glowing brightly with silver around the edges and Shaedra's head wound is looking slightly better, if still badly bruised.

"Once more, but this is the easy part." He tells her. And for a brief instant the image of a silver-blueish bear covered in pruple runes takes shape from Gorthas's anima banner and it appears to breath some sort of silver mist onto Shaedra's head as some of the bruising receeds.

"That's all I'm willing to do for now, if we find a nice cave to hide in or some other sheltered place where we can rest, I'd be willing to do more, but for now that'll have to be enough."

He turns his head towards to forest and calls to it, "Xioli! It's okay to come out now!" and a raven flies over to Gorthas and lands on his shoulder. It then makes a peck at his ear, "Ah! Stupid bird. Quit that! Help us find someplace safe to hide ourselves."

He then turns back to the group as Xioli flies into the air, "Not that hiding ourselves will be that easy with most of us glowing like the sun and moon, which is one of the biggest reasons I was able to find you. Let me just retrieve my axe and we can be on our way."

And with that he turns and quickly jogs over to where he dropped his axe, picks it up and returns to the group. "Shall we be off? You can tell me your names while we find someplace safer than here." He says with a friendly smile.

[OOC: Gorthas is doing exactly the same as he did for Icarus to Shaedra, 20 motes spent and 4 health levels completely healed. He's also sending Xioli off to find some sort of shelter for them and will ocasionally look through Xioli's eyes to see the surrounding terrain and help in the search.]
__________________
The willow knows what the storm does not, that the power to endure harm will outlive the power to deal it.
  #29  
Unread 28th of March, 2007, 11:48
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden watched the magical healing with amusement, noting the similarities between it and his own gift of healing. When the healer stopped and suggested looking for shelter Tiden suddenly remembered the cave in.

"Wait... first we have to find what happened to the rest of out group. There were 3 more of us. They were trapped in that cave." Tiden turns and walks around the rubble of the cave-in, looking for a way to enter. After taking a good look around he gives up. "There's probably another way in. It was a big cave... We should look for that first."
  #30  
Unread 12th of April, 2007, 07:46
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
"Very well, only a slight change of plans." Gorthas says, he then call Xioli back down to him, "Okay Xioli, all we care about is a cave or a crevice into the mountian big enough for you to safely hop into to maybe take a look around. Got it?" Xioli doesn't seem to like the suggestion of him possibly 'hopping' into a crevice as he takes a little swooping dive at Gorthas when he suggests that.

Then Xioli takes back to the air again. "I hope your friends are doing better than you guys were?" Gorthas asks as he picks a direction and starts looking around for a cave in the mountain face. "I don't really have much left in me to do any more significant healing at the moment."

[OOC: Perception + Survival (7): 10, 7, 7, 4, 4, 3, 2 = 4 successes.
I don't know if looking through Xioli's eyes every now and then helps or in what way or how much, but Gorthas does stop every now and again to look through Xioli's eyes to scout the terrain, look for trouble or caves, or other people (which for all he knows could be the rest of this group if they managed to find a way out (which I know they did but Gorthas doesn't yet)).]
__________________
The willow knows what the storm does not, that the power to endure harm will outlive the power to deal it.
  #31  
Unread 18th of April, 2007, 01:01
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Xioli climbs high, examining the surrounding terrain. As the raven circles the mountain, Gorthas peers through his companion's eyes, looking about for any hint of Tiden's companions. With the bird's eye view, he finds what he's looking for right away. From a cave on the other side of the mountain, three men emerge, followed by three women and, strangely, a horse.

Shaedra, wiping blood from her goremaul and clothing, notices Gorthas staring off into the distance, and moves toward him. "What do you see friend?"

In almost mock answer to her inquiry, the roaring sound of water can suddenly be heard echoing off of the surrounding mountain range. A thin pillar of blue light rises to the sky, just barely visible against the daylight. Through Xioli's eyes, Gorthas can see one of the three women burst into waves of blue light, the power of the dragons apparent in her. She seems angry, and the men seem equally terrified.
  #32  
Unread 20th of April, 2007, 23:45
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
"I see three men and three women emerging from a cave. One of them leads a horse."

...Through Xioli's eyes, Gorthas can see one of the three women burst into waves of blue light, the power of the dragons apparent in her. She seems angry, and the men seem equally terrified...

He stops for a second to consider this, "One of the women carries the blood of the dragons in her veins and she does not appear to be happy. Was one of your friends Chosen by the Elemental Dragons?" There seems to be some concern in his vioce when he asks this last question, though it's subtle.

Last edited by Erendiox; 21st of April, 2007 at 01:20.
  #33  
Unread 27th of April, 2007, 06:50
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden, still in warform, kept a constant watch on the perimeter while Gorthas and Xioli searched for any sign of their companions. After he described what appeared to be them, Tiden quickly climbed up a tree and looked just in time to see the pillar of blue light.

Without answering Gorthas' question, Tiden jumped down from the tree.

"Yea thats probably them. It seems like they may be in need of my assistance. Im going to run ahead." Tiden paused for a second, considering, then gave a small smile and with a bit of conceit said "Especially since I'm the best fighter and in the best condition." With that comment, he changed into a wolf and and started running straight towards the blue pillar of light.
  #34  
Unread 27th of April, 2007, 13:36
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
Knowing that his anima would currently keep him from taking any form other than one of his true forms (not to mention, give them away once they came anywhere near this other group) Gorthas calls out to Tiden, "Hold up a second! There doesn't look like too much trouble yet! We should assess things first!"

Turning to the rest of the group he says, "Impulsive, isn't he? We shouldn't let him get to far ahead." And trying to keep aware of cover through Xioli's eyes, Gorthas follows behind Tiden (provided he doesn't stop) but tries his best to keep his glowing anima hidden from this second group behind the rocks and hills, or maybe just within the mouths of nearby caves and crevices if possible.
  #35  
Unread 29th of April, 2007, 08:35
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Silver Wind, Kami, and Lacuna


The grin that none of you saw is wiped from Lacuna's face as Kami's words chill the air. She turns to apologize, but misses the chance. Silver Wind is quick to protect her. Instead she gives Kami a sad look and turns back to face the small town that is laid out beside a mountain. You find yourselves on a long dirt path, traveled by carts and horses. The path cuts through open farmland on both sides. Mostly rice, barley and corn grow here, or at least, what is left of the crops after the rain still grows. There is a very sickly appearance to the land and crops, and you wonder if any of this produce is salvageable.

Is there any end to this mess... Lacuna muses. The very thought of this town starving made her sick to her stomach. It's been a very long day and she was looking forward to some rest and hopefully a plan of action.

Passing through the farmland, you reach the town and you're immediately greeted by suspicious eyes. The rain has fallen here too. Only a few sparse soldiers populate the roads. The populace stares at you through tightened shutters, partly suspicious but mostly afraid. It's a sad state to see any town in. The guards, while the only souls braving the outdoors after the storm, are disheartened, and then barely raise their eyes to you as you pass by. Upon spying a small inn up ahead, Lacuna turns toward Kami and Silver Wind.

"I wonder if they'll let us in..." she says in a mildly depressed tone. Without waiting for a response, she leads you forward. The inn is made mostly of stone and clay, as is most of the town, and it lays at the corner made by the main road as it forks into two paths. A small sign hangs reading "The Golden Goose: Inn and Roost". Lacuna walks up to the door, hesitates, then knocks softly. A few seconds pass, then the large door creaks open slightly and a young man peeks out. He looks protective and suspicious.

"What business have you here?" he says, his brow pointed.

"Me and my companions are passing through. We're just looking for a place to stay for the night." Lacuna says, as humbly as she can.

His eyes pass over all three of you, looking you over. He seems nervous. "So... it's just the three of you... right?" he stammers. Suddenly a voice shouts from inside the Inn. It's an old woman's voice, high pitched and craggy, but still somehow carrying warmth.

"Oh for pity sake, let them in Fabio! We haven't had a customer ALL DAY, and you know how your father is. If he hears you've scared away another there'll be hell to pay. I'll tell him! You know I will!" She chuckles.

"Alright! Alright!" He calls back, cursing her in jest under his breath. He turns back to you with a half embarrassed grin. "Come on in. If you need a place for the horse there's a stable right down the road that way." He points down one path.



Icarus, Tiden, Gorthas, and Shaedra


Tiden races off toward the blue light, Gorthas trailing behind, doing his best to hide the glowing anima that surrounds him. Shaedra, looking torn between racing after Tiden or staying with Icarus, decides on the latter.

"We'd better not lose them. There's no telling what trouble they could get into." Shaedra says with a smile. Helping Icarus move with his injuries, the two of them follow from behind. Not long after, the blue pillar fades, but not before you discover the small town that must have been their destination. With Tiden moving back into his normal form, and Gorthas' anima finally faded, the two of you walk through the streets with, quite possibly, a welcome even less warm than the previous group afforded themselves. Following close behind is Shaedra and Icarus, who receive a similar reaction. The townsfolk seem to have had their share of strange occurrences for the day.

Stopping at the same fork in the road, you two look on the inn, Tiden curious as to whether or not Lacuna and the others had stopped here. Icarus and Shaedra, slightly winded, approach from behind and finally catch up with you. You're about to knock on the door and inquire when a familiar face approaches.
  #36  
Unread 2nd of May, 2007, 18:30
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind nodded at the man, and then glanced to Lacuna. "I'll be tending to Kheervis if anyone needs me." With that, she led Kheervis down the path the man had indicated, soon finding the stable he'd spoken of. She didn't really have to haggle with the stable owner too much over a price for stabling, as he seemed grateful to have a customer after this dreadful rain.

The stable wasn't the best Silver Wind had ever seen. Indeed it was nowhere near the quality of her stable back at home. But it was warm, with room enough for Kheervis to feel comfortable, and there was a drum with (remarkably) clean water for him to drink from, so it was more than adequate. She nodded in approval, then set about to her tasks.

Running her hand through his now coppery-red coat, Silver Wind could feel the magic of her charm fading already from Kheervis, and the anxiousness and fear was returning as well. She knew what her first task would have to be. She gently took the bridle out from Kheervis' mouth, and then removed the saddle and bags off of his back. The parts that were covered showed the actual color of his coat, a glorious shimmering silver.

Removing a scrubbing brush from one of the bags, Silver Wind turned to Kheervis. "Okay," she said, "letís get this filth washed off of you." Using just her hands, and her own mental bond with the finest, she guided him outside of the stables. She grabbed bucket off of a wall inside the stables before they left, probably there for exactly this purpose.

Outside the ground continued to make that squish squish noise like it always does after it rained, but with this disgusting sucking sound accompanying it every time one picked their foot up. She could feel Kheervis' fear and unrest spike, and she sent reassuring thoughts over their bond to help calm him. Leaving him just in front of the stables while still keeping sight of him, Silver Wind went over to the well and lowered the bucket in, praying to the Unconquered Sun its supply of water was unaffected by all of this. Apparently her prayer was heard, because the water that rose up was crystal clear.

Grateful for at least some luck today, she carried the bucket back to where Kheervis waited patiently, eager to be cleaned of the gore infesting his coat. Dunking the brush into the water, Silver Wind set to work, scrubbing the blood out of her friend's mane first. It was difficult, slow work, but as time went on more and more of the finest's golden mane could be seen. Eventually Silver Wind was satisfied with the mane and began to work on the rest of his coat. The ground at their feet grew more and more disgusting as blood mixed with water fell down to mix with the already blood-soaked dirt.

But she continued without pause; disregarding the filth that was coating her boots as time went on; ignoring the growing number of stains on her clothes; not noticing her braided hair soaking in the filth when she had to squat down to scrub Kheervis' legs and underbelly. The water turned from crystal clear to filthy far too quickly for her tastes, and she had to dump out its contents and refill it almost a dozen times before the deed was finished.

Eventually thought, she was finished. She refilled the bucket once more and then dumped the water over Kheervis to rinse him clean. The scrubbing brush was ruined now, for the blood would never come out. But looking at Kheervis, his silver coat and golden mane shimmering with droplets of water that seemed to give him a holy aura, it was worth a ruined brush. She'd simply have to buy a new one later.

"There," she said, smiling with genuine unbridled joy for the first time in days. "Now letís get you back inside." She led Kheervis back into the stables and then she checked him for injuries, made sure he didn't have anything in his hooves that would irritate him. Then she checked to make sure he had enough water and feed, and performed a variety of other chores necessary to settle him into the stable comfortably. Then she cleaned the saddle and bags of the blood before it could set into the leather too much. It all took time sure, but after all Kheervis had done for her lately, from helping with the Dragon-Blooded to staying with her through that rain, she was more than willing to take time to ensure he was comfortable.

Finally she was satisfied, as was Kheervis. He had grown comfortable enough with the stable that Silver Wind felt safe leaving him here. "Okay, now itís my turn to get cleaned up. I'll come back to check on you later." Kheervis nickered and swished his tail in agreement, and Silver Wind left the stable to head back to the inn.

She looked even worse than when she had walked into the town. Her clothes were even filthier than before, washed off blood from Kheervis mixed in with the blood drying on her clothes from the rain. Her face was covered in streaks of blood from where she'd wiped her face against Kheervis earlier in the cave, and where she'd wiped sweat away with her now blood soaked hands. Her boots were caked in mud and blood, and it would probably take a pickaxe to get it all off. And her silver hair was now coppery-red from the crown of her head to about the small of her back. Past that, mixed in with the mud, blood, and leaves, was the lower half of her hair, still braided from earlier.

All in all she looked nothing like the woman from the earlier day, and she was looking forward to a chance to clean up. But before she could get to the inn she saw a familiar figure on the road. At first she couldn't believe her eyes, and then she found herself unable to contain her joy.

"Tiden!" she exclaimed, walking over to the large man and looking up at his face. "Thank the Heavens you made it here unharmed."
  #37  
Unread 4th of May, 2007, 10:39
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden, after seeing that blue light, was conerned for his solar companions. Seeing Silver Wind approaching disheveled but otherwise seemingly unharmed, put him at ease. Tiden grinned. After her comment, he grinned wider.

"Well what did you expect. Of course I would be unharmed! I chased tho...." Suddenly remembering Icarus and who he was talking to, Tiden stopped his gloating. "...umm well not all of us came out unharmed. Icarus took a good beating. Though we were lucky enough to come across one of our brethren who is a healer." Tiden gestured to Gorthas and said without much procedure "This is Gorthas."
  #38  
Unread 4th of May, 2007, 23:56
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
There is something about this woman...

The friendly smile remains on Gorthas's lips, but when he looks at Silver Wind his eyes seem to look not so much at her, but almost as if he were looking into her.

Let it go, you don't know her...

"It's nice to meet you. Wish it was under better conditions." He says vaguely gesturing around indicating the gory sight that still covers everything. A raven caws from his shoulder, "Oh, and this is Xioli, though lets us do introductions inside."

"Come, let us go in and see if the innkeep knows of someplace with fresh water to clean up at. Heck, if the best he can do is a barrel of ale in the back I'd even take that to wash off with!" And the smile returns to his eyes with a chuckle as he walks over to the door of the inn and waits for everyone to enter, holding the door open for them. He even patiently waits for Shaedra and Icarus to make sure they make it in okay.

Last edited by Xaden; 5th of May, 2007 at 00:01.
  #39  
Unread 6th of May, 2007, 02:45
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
For the first time in what seems like a long time, your merry troupe is together once more. A consecutive sense of relief washes over each and every one of you as the stresses of the last two days are finally put to rest, at least for a little while. The inn, while small, is warm and comfortable. It feels more like you all are guests in one family's very large home. Only three run the inn for the moment, an elderly woman, a small girl of 8 or 9, and a boy who looks to be near 13. The little girl fixes beds and baths while the boy and older woman cook up the strangest. most delicious egg concoctions you've ever seen. Eggs seem to be their specialty, as just behind the kitchen, the inn seems to double as a chicken roost.

You all spend the next few hours washing, relaxing, eating, and conversing. You learn that the boy's name is Fabio, who aspires to become a traveling merchant some day. The little girl is Reis, Fabio's sister, and the old woman is Alma, grandmother to the two children. The father of the family is on a trip to Chiaroscuro for trade. Alma seems an easygoing, loudspoken woman, and she tells you of the town and its comings and goings, among other things. She never seems to question any of you about where you're from or what you're doing. Somehow it seems she's smart enough not to ask. When night falls and you all grow weary, the beds are hardly extravagant, but they are clean and comfortable. You all get a long, well deserved rest.

[When you wake in the morning you all regain 1 willpower in addition to the amount gained by rolling your conviction.]

  #40  
Unread 8th of May, 2007, 14:45
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
In the morning Gorthas is the first to come down as his day was much less rough on him than the other Exalted he had currently run into, as just about the only bad part of his last day was some travel and a blood rain (which while frightning, unnerving and uncomfortable was just one of many trials that these new-found Exalted had gone through the earlier day).

His greeting to those he met the day earlier is for the most part friendly and inviting as he calls them over to his table whilst he eats some eggs, toast and a handful of fruits and vegtables. The only time he doesn't smile is when Silver Wind comes down into the main dining area. He seems to pause for a minute as he takes her in. Most people, when looking at Silver Wind, tend to have a look of awe or envy on their faces, but Gorthas seems more confused, and almost angered, by her appearance.

It's her hair! That must be it! She looks like that dog Luna...

But whatever it is doesn't seem to bother him too much, as his face quickly returns to a semblance of its former friendly and warm demeanor and he also politely invites her over to his table.

Once it seem like everyone who's going to join him at his table does, and no one else is close enough to overhear, he says to those gathered there. "I would like to take further care of those wounds you've aquired, but as it seems like most of the non-tribal people around these parts don't seem to fond of those with our... talents, I think flaunting our abilities around them might be a bad choice, so maybe once we leave the immediate area of this village we'll see what else I can do for you." He says, mostly to Sheadra and Icarus, but certainly loud enough for the whole table to hear.

"Also, if it's not prying too much, I'd like to know what's going on with you all, what sort of trouble you've gotten yourself into, and if you'd like my aid for more than just some immediate medical alleviations. I don't doubt each of your abilities to handle yourselves, but there is strength in numbers and I think I've already shown that the addition of this number," as he indicates himself with a joking smile and a thumb pointed towards himself, "could certainly be a good help, at least in some situations."

And he looks about the group with a patient and warm demeanor waiting to see what you each have to say.
  #41  
Unread 8th of May, 2007, 15:58
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Lacuna shifts in her chair, half way through chewing a mouthful of eggs. Through her scarlet red hair, the mage's eyes shoot up to Silver Wind, then around the table, as if silently asking for their approval. The newcomer's intentions seem pure, and there's no doubt he would make a valuable addition to the group, especially with his healing talents. Still, one can never be too careful. His opportune arrival to aid them could very well be more than coincidence. She swallows her mouthful of breakfast and speaks.

"You seem very quick to offer up your help, especially when you don't yet know just how sticky the situation is..." She says with a slight smile. She takes a bite of toast, not taking her eyes off the man. "Lets just say right now it involves the realm, the hunt which is probably on our tail, a certain artifact of great power of which the realm seeks and thinks we have... not to mention a rather unpleasant run in with some shady figures." The last part of that sentence darkens even her mood. Her eyes shift down as she haphazardly puts more butter on her toast and takes another bite. "And then, of course, the lovely precipitation..." She finishes her toast. "But lets not let all that get us down! Things can only get better, right? ... right?" She looks around the table, begging someone to come out with something optimistic to say.
  #42  
Unread 8th of May, 2007, 20:23
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
Having slept poorly once again and slept in for breakfast as consequence, Kami awakens. Too exhausted last night to do more than remove her clothing and collapse on the bed, a bath in water that is no longer even remotely warm serves well to chase away the tattered fragments of dream still cobwebbing her mind, bringing her to full alertness.

Lacking a spare set of clothing, she simply dons one of the bathrobes provided by the inn emerging into the common room damp, smelling of freshness and droplets of water splashing occasionally over the floor. Kami reaches earshot in time to become aware of the sizeable group and hear the last sentence of Lacuna replying with hands on her hips.

"Lady, look around at your new companions, look outside at the fresh jade-blue sky - isn't everything better in the morning?"

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 8th of May, 2007 at 20:24. Reason: Grammar and vocab cleaning up.
  #43  
Unread 9th of May, 2007, 05:55
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
Looking at Kami Gorthas thinks, I only saw this girl briefly in the blood and darkness of last night and I didn't get a good look at her. By the hundred gods, she is just a child! She looks to be about the same age as... No, don't even think it, it's too soon.

Gorthas rubs his eye as if he had some dust in it, and his smile, while still warm, looks a little more sorrowful. "It's true, everything is better in the morning. We are refreshed and renewed and given a new chance to start again." Then he looks at Lacuna, "And I do offer my help freely and without knowing your whole story, but currently I number just 1 and that is a dangerous number to be in these times, and I have been that way for too long. I feel I would be better off with a group of many, rather than on my own, even if it means my life gets more interesting." And he smiles more genuinely with a slight nod towards Sheadra and Icarus, "Plus my gifts, while useful to me, are more useful to others, and it sounds like you are all in desperate need of someone with my talents. As is most of Creation, it seems, in these tumultous times."
  #44  
Unread 9th of May, 2007, 06:15
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
"Agreed. I've never healed from a wound so quickly." Shaedra says with a grin. "I think a lot of us would feel safer with you around. Keeping things jovial wouldn't hurt either." Shaedra looks about at those who have yet to speak. "What do you guys think?"

Icarus, who had up to now been silent, leans forward, his deep green eyes meeting Gorthas'. "I think I speak for Tiden as well as myself when I say that one of our own kin is always welcome at our side. Isn't that right brother?" Icarus then elbows Tiden in the side, who hadn't been paying attention, causing him to choke slightly on his monstrous mouthful of food.
  #45  
Unread 10th of May, 2007, 05:26
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden after a refreshing rest and a quick cleaning to get all the blood off, had gone downstairs to find some food. Seeing his new group of ... he paused for a moment, unsure of how to classify what they now were ... Brethren? Allies? He shrugged off the question, got some breakfast, sat down, then started to eat as if none of the past events meant much to him except for being a bit hungrier then normal.

When Icarus nudged him in the side Tiden hastily downed his food with a drink, turning his attention to the rest of the people at the table. After a moment of awkward silence, he realized they were talking about Gorthas.

"... our brethren are welcome to join us anytime ..." Turning back to his food, Tiden said just loud enough for them all to hear. "I personally wont be needing your assistance... but I am glad someone will be here that can heal the others." Then he proceeded to take another huge mouthful.
  #46  
Unread 13th of May, 2007, 18:48
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
Tilting her head curiously towards Tiden, Kami murmurs "You do not need assistance and yet here you are instead of in the wilderness on your own."

"So, ah, since Gorthas and I are the newcomers, will someone tell me exactly why so many of you are traipsing around the country side filled with blood, gore and demons?
  #47  
Unread 16th of May, 2007, 17:40
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
After getting into the inn and ensuring that Icarus and Shaedra were well enough to make it to bed, Silver Wind had gone to the room she shared with Lacuna. Then she had finally made good on her promise from earlier that day and given the Water-aspect's injured arm a good look, cleaning it and bandaging it before they both went to sleep.

Silver Wind was used to getting up early, but had simply felt too tired after the previous day's events and had slept in. She came down to breakfast soon after Lacuna, clad in a somewhat cleaner garb than yesterday. She wasn't sure if the blood stains would ever come out of her vest, but it was good enough for now. She sat down and ate the food in front of her.

She didn't really seem to care what she was eating, just grabbing what was in front of her and throwing it in her mouth. She barely chewed her food before swallowing it, and indeed didn't even seem to taste what it was she was eating. She listened to the conversation, and if Silver Wind noticed the way Gorthas reacted around her, she didn't show it. Regardless, she didn't actually chime in until Kami asked why they were all traveling together.

"Sometimes people just like to travel together for the company," she stated before she bit most of an apple off. Her statement seemed to be both an answer to the girl's question, and a retort for what Kami had said to Tiden. "As phor you," she said, swallowing the half-chewed apple and pointing a finger at Gorthas. "If Shaedra, Icarus, and Tiden all say you're welcome to join us, then I don't have a problem with it."

With that Silver Wind pushed back her chair and rose from the table. Anyone who had been paying attention would duly note that she had eaten at least a plate and a half of food in less time than anyone else had. "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the stables." Without waiting for a response, she headed out the door, leaving the group at the table to finish their meal.
  #48  
Unread 28th of May, 2007, 19:36
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
I would have liked to hear a better answer to Kami's question than that, but since it doesn't seem like one is forthcoming...

Looking around the table Gorthas says, "Well then, let us get off our lazy butts and get a move on! Though we shouldn't move without a destination." Then looking to Tiden and Icarus he says with a smile and a strange combination of a joking and provoking tone, "Don't you two think it's odd that you're the ones being hunted. I mean no offense, I don't doubt that all of you can hold your own in a fight, but yet it seems like others have been getting the better of you lately. Maybe that's not because of your fighting abilities, but because you've been letting others call the shots and decide the battlefields and when to strike."

Then to the whole table he says, "Co'mon now! We are the chosen of the Celestial and Terrestrial Incarna! Are we the hunters or the hunted! Your enemies gave you a decent thrashing, or so it seems; they'd never expect you to come back after them so quickly and in such good health. Let us gather up your friend in the stable, head out to where you were attacked, see if we can't find some sort of trail left by your enemies and make them pay for striking out against the Chosen of the Greatest Gods!"

He then looks about the group with a smile on his face waiting for their reactions.

Last edited by Xaden; 28th of May, 2007 at 19:42.
  #49  
Unread 28th of May, 2007, 20:13
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
The newcomer's lack of intelligence is clearly demonstrated to Kami with his loud, outspoke declaration of being one of the Anathema in a public, inhabited area.

Barbarian Idiot.

After the sudden and swift exit of Silver Wind Kami had been fidgeting, fighting the sense within that she should see if she was truly alright in body and mind after the ordeal of the previous day.

However the outburst of being a member of the 'Celestial Incarna' made up her mind for her. Swiftly Kami rises from the table

"Not all of us are warriors born, at least not in the area of combat, Gorthas. I am not even sure I should be involved with all of you. However I am sure that something is not sitting well with Silver Wind and that is something I can help."

Grabbing a loaf of bread and a pitcher of juice with two cups she makes her way out, having a good idea of where she would be finding solace - the horse she seems to value almost as much as her companions.
  #50  
Unread 29th of May, 2007, 13:30
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
Damn! That's not the reaction I was looking for.

With concern and hurt in his voice Gorthas calls out, "Kami wait!" He quickly gets up to follow, "Hold a second, please!" And he runs after her out the door.

He gently puts a hand on her shoulder when he catches up with her outside hoping she'll stop, though he does not try and turn her around. "Kami, I'm sorry, I did not mean to offend or even imply that all of us are warriors. Believe me, if fighting does break out, I'll just be trying to stay out of the way myself, unless someone is in desperate need of help. I myself am not a great combatant. All of us have our talents and abilities that make us something greater than the common man, though, through our ability to channel Essence, but that still does not make us invincible. I know things are getting frightening and tough right now, but unfortunetly in Creation people who have been touched, as we have, have few allies, and Creation is much more frightening traveling it alone. And while these freinds certainly seem to have their fair share of trouble, it seems to be the nature of our kind to attract that to ourselves."

He sighs, then says with true sincerity, "In the end it is your choice to travel alone or with others, but these people seem to be willing to acept you and I make you this promise, if you do decide to stay and you stick close to me, I'll do whatever it is in my power to make sure as little harm as possible befalls on you."
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren