Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 15:09
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Silver Wind

Silver Wind, you take one last glance at Shaedra, then turn to go retrieve your bow. Sounds of battle continue to roar in the distance. Your mind wanders. Perhaps the dragonblooded were proving a match for the Lunars... or maybe they were more numerous than Terrisque had anticipated. The gods know... you grab your bow and turn to face Shaedra in the distance. She seems to be examining something.

Shaedra

Shaedra you look intently on the orange clad Terrestrial and something catches your eye. A gleam of deep crimson stands out in the jet-black of the cave. You move closer to get a better look. Attached to his weapon, which lies at his side, is a small, fiery hearthstone. The shape of serpents seem to ebb and flow throughout, giving it a fearsome visage. It seems, however, to be waning away, much like a fire dies in the cold. You watch it intently, studying it as the flames grow dimmer. You realize, looking about, that you can now see vaguely what seems to be the reminants of his lifeforce... glistening threads and beads of light fading away in the wind of the spirits... his powers and attunements breaking with the chill of death. Like a graceful torrent they dance and fade away, back into the greatness of creation. All of this you see... and then nothing. With the Dragonblooded's body devoid of the last of it's essence, the hearthstone fades down to embers. You hear Silver Wind call to you in the distance. Kheervis is still waiting for you.
  #102  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 15:51
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
The strands of life, of the essence of creation...beautiful... and terrifying. Hearing the call of Silver Wind breaks her momentary reverie. The others. Right. Creation knows what might happen if I try and pry the gem free of its' holding" she thinks.

"Besides, I still owe Silver Wind my life - I should stay close to her" not feeling the smile playing across her lips as her thoughts turn

Stretching her limbs to mount Kheervis makes her all too aware of her injuries, sending new stabs of pain through her muscles and most of all her head. Jaw clenching slightly to ignore the pain, she holds onto Silver Winds' friend as he follows deeper into the caverns.

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 12th of January, 2006 at 15:54.
  #103  
Unread 13th of January, 2006, 09:50
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind looked the bow over as she waited for Shaedra to finish whatever it was she was doing. It didn't look damaged, which was good. Besides the fact that the bow was terribly expensive from what she knew, it had also been her father's personal weapon of choice, and she cherished it because of all the valuable lessons he'd taught her.

She looked up when Kheervis and Shaedra arrived. She winced when she saw the look on her friend's face, realizing rather belatedly that Shaedra's injuries extended to her entire body. The wound to her arm from that first battle, Terresque's acid attack, and finally Orange's giant hammer smashing into her face. She probably was even more exhausted than Silver Wind after that spell, and now had several painful injuries.

"Shaedra...I...," Silver Wind stopped and looked up at the Dawn Caste for a moment, and then simply climbed into the saddle in front of Shaedra without finishing her sentance. Taking up Kheervis' reigns, she guided the Finest back towards the cavern where they had first met Terresque in a steady gallop, trying her best not to exacerbate Shaedra's wounds in the process.

Finally, Silver Wind could remain silent no longer. "Shaedra, I'm sorry that you were injured. If only..." Silver Wind stopped mid-sentence, then sighed. She WANTED to tell her, but she couldn't bring herself to. Not here. Not now.

She changed the subject. "After we find our...companions, we will probably be moving as fast as we can to get away from this cave and the Dragon-Blooded. I don't know how long it will be, but we may not have time to talk like this for a while. So if you have any questions that need answered immediately, now is probably a good time."
  #104  
Unread 13th of January, 2006, 10:00
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
Arms circling around her saviour's midriff, to help me stay on Kheervis, she tells herself and hangs on tightly, the scent coming from Silver Winds' again something she should know from another time.

"How we came to this place and what we are running from. I.. can work out what I am... if not.. who. Anathema." Murmuring close to Silver Winds ear, a murmur of concern hinting through the roughness "If only what, my saviour?"

She starts - suddenly realising that she was addressed by name, not recognising it. "At least I have a name now... Shaedra... and Silver Wind. I think they go together. Are your companions far?' Unconciously placing a slight emphasis on 'your'.
  #105  
Unread 13th of January, 2006, 12:36
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Anathema. If only...you hadn't been between Orange and myself you might not have been injured. Anathema.

Shaedra.


"First of all, you aren't an Anathema. You an I are both Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, but for reasons I don't understand the Dragon-Blooded have either misinterpreted that or they simply don't care. Either way, calling us 'Anathema' is just a way for their Immaculate Order to convince people we're evil, child-devouring demons. Or something like that. But in any case, the Dragon-Blooded are chasing us because that's what we are."

Silver Wind felt some worry at those words. She didn't really mind telling Shaedra that she was a Solar Exalted as well, but the other woman might be frightened by the prospect. Silver Wind only hoped the other woman would take this all in stride as she continued speaking.

"As for why we ended up here, its pretty much the same thing. The Dragon-Blooded chased us and we were forced to hide in these caverns or else be discovered. Though it seems that they found us anyways, somehow. You devised a plan to defeat them, after I had managed to make a deal with this Cavern's spirit overlord. You sent--," Silver Wind almost said "Lunars" but stopped herself at the last second, remembering Shaedra's reaction to discovering herself a Solar.

"You sent our companions, both of whom are also Exalted, to fight one group of Dragon-Blooded while you, another Solar, the Spirit, and myself went to handle the second group. And...that was where you took the blow to the head. That orange Dragon-Blood tried his best to kill you with his hammer."

Silver Wind turned her head slightly towards the Solar seated behind her. "I cannot tell you how happy I am that he did not succeed."
  #106  
Unread 18th of January, 2006, 09:06
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
There's a long pause between the two of you as Shaedra takes all this in. Silver Wind, for a moment unsure on whether or not to continue the subject, stays slient. Before another word could be said, you both see a white sheening glow through the darkness. With Kheervis quickly closing the distance, you recognize the glowing lunar as Tiden, his esssence pools obviously strained. Next to him, looking slightly less ontop of his day than he had been previously, is Icarus. Indurian stands with them, obviously trying to get a word in but running into a frusterating language barrier. As you approach, he turns to the two of you with a look of frustration.

On the upside, nobody seems seriously hurt. Strangely, you seen little sign of their opponents; only bloodstains on the floor. No bodies. Unless the Lunars devour their prey, unbeknown to you, the dragonblooded must have escaped somehow.
  #107  
Unread 26th of January, 2006, 08:48
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra stayed quiet, concentrating on not falling off of the back of the horse, "Kheervis, the horse's name is Kheervis, and her name is Silver Wind, and mine is Shaedra," she told herself, repeating it in her mind like a littany until she had memorized it. Then she turned her thoughts to trying to penetrate the fog that covered her memories.

At times it seemed as though she was just on the brink of remembering something important, but in the next instant it was gone. She could recall bits and pieces of things like that the hammer in her hand and the armor she wore were hers. But the rest of her memories, like where she was from, or her family, or what she was doing here, were all a blur.

And now this new revelation, Anathema, "Is that what I am? Am I a demon? Or am I what Silver Wind says, a Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, a Solar," the word came unbidden into her mind, "that doesn't sound like a demon."

These thoughts were interrupted by a glow from ahead. Suddenly the two women came into the cave that emenated the silver glow. Shaedra looked over Silver Wind's shoulder, and was glad she had an arm around Silver Wind's waist else she might have fallen off the back of Kheervis.

"What the heck are those things!" Shaedra's arm tightened unconsciously around Silver Wind as she looked upon the glowing man-beasts in front of them. Standing next to the monsters, as Shaedra thought of them, was another man, but he at least looked normal.
  #108  
Unread 27th of January, 2006, 15:13
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden helped Icarus up making sure there were no lasting effects from being paralyzed. Asking Icarus if he was ok would only make things worse, so Tiden kept his mouth shut. He turns around, ignoring Indurian's incomprehesible bable. Catching sight of the rest of the Solars Tiden let himself change slowly to human form, first becoming a sleek white wolf then morphing back into a full human form.

Finally. Someone who I can understand. This fool has been talking to me as if I would learn his language in a matter of minutes...

Ignoring everyone he could not understand, Tiden prepared himself to greet the Solars. Shaedra, clinging to Silver Winds arm and looking twards him, seemed frightened by something. Tiden confused, glances behind him, noticing the blood stains on the floor and on himself.

Speaking to Shaedra in low realm "Do not be afraid. The dragonblooded have fled" Tiden paused for a moment to look everyone over. In low realm to Shaedra "are you and Silver Wind alright?"

Last edited by CouchpotatoGOD; 28th of January, 2006 at 07:42.
  #109  
Unread 1st of February, 2006, 10:56
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
The arm tightening around her waist confirmed what Silver Wind had feared, had expected. Shaedra didn't remember Tiden or Icarus, might not even remember what Lunars were. It was probably just as well the other woman was so injured, else she might have attacked them. Silver Wind wanted to stop, wanted to explain everything to everyone, but there wasn't time.

The Dragon-Blooded had been gnashing at their heels all day, making time a precious commodity ever since Shaedra and herself had fled from them. Right now was no different.

"We're fine Tiden," Silver Wind responded to the glowing Lunar, not caring who he had been addressing the question too right now. "And I appreciate your concern, but we don't have the time right now." Silver Wind hated having to command the others like this. It wasn't really fair, after all they deserved to know everything and have a say in what was going on, but right now they couldn't. It would take too long.

"Icarus," she continued, her misgivings about her actions not even causing her to pause. "It'll probably be better if you do that thing you do and become a human. We need to leave this place as fast as we can, but Shaedra is too injured to stay on Kheervis at full speed. So we need to leave now."

Then Silver Wind noticed Indurian. The third Solar in the group, and quite possibly the person she disliked the most. It wasn't really fair, since Tiden and Icarus and even Shaedra had all done the same thing, but Indurian was...different. Something about him just made Silver Wind uncomfortable around him.

The logical part of her wanted to leave him behind. Taking him with them might lead to problems down the road. Besides, having him split off from them might make some of the Dragon-Blooded break off after him, weakening the force chasing after their group.

But the rest of her knew that was wrong. The man would have to escape on his own, and even if he somehow managed that if the Dragon-Blooded found him he would probably be hopelessly outnumbered and slaughtered. And nothing the man had done warranted a death like that.

"Indurian. If you want to keep your end of the bargain, I suggest you just leave that artifact on the ground here. I'm sure Terresque will gather it up before we've even managed to leave the mountain. You're free to come with us if you want, but only if you leave that artifact behind here. I will not let you betray your word and have the wrath of Heaven lead us all to destruction."
  #110  
Unread 1st of February, 2006, 16:23
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Icarus stood and stared at the char marks and the crumbled stone scattering the surrounding cavern. Though he had lost in single combat, Icarus new his abilities, and any Dragon Blooded warrior who could match even a Lunar who was still wet behind the ears was a warrior worth battling. Icarus put the loss at the back of his mind and strode next to Tiden, putting his talon on his comrades shoulder, signifying a job well done.

Icarus let his body return to its natural form, as Silver Wind asked, resulting in a small shower of light brown feathers.

"If there is anything either of us can do, please ask."
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #111  
Unread 2nd of February, 2006, 12:46
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra forced herself to swallow and take a deep breath as the beast-man started to change, ending up looking like a normal human, save for the strange silver tatoos. As she forced herself to calm down a little she was able to loosen her grip around Silver Wind.

"Strange, those men seems somehow familiar. By the Unconquered Sun, I wish I could remember!" She thought to herself.

Shaedra felt her grip around her hammer tighten as she felt herself getting more frustrated. Again Shaedra forced herself to calm down, there was no use getting mad right now.

"If I might make a suggestion, I think we should move away from this place and find a safe and secure location where we can spend some time recovering and healing."
  #112  
Unread 4th of February, 2006, 10:43
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Indurian looks down at the artifact, it's coruscating aura throwing soft light on his disheveled features. Clenching it tight in his hand, he looks up at Silver Wind with a pronounced expression.

"... When I ventured to this place, this relic was all that seemed to matter... but I think i've already lost what was important to me."

He drops the staff to the floor, the glow immediately receding. It hits the ground with a clank and it's features immediately dull, becoming comparable to the stone floor. You probably wouldn't be able to tell it was there if you weren't looking.

"Thanks for the offer, but I think i'd prefer to travel alone. I need to sort some things out... Good luck. Maybe we'll meet again on better terms."

He gives everyone a last look and then hurries off into the distance.

--------------------------------------------------

The four of you and Kheervis are now all that are left. The darkness seems to harbor eyes. There's no telling what could be out there. Fearing another wave of Dragonblooded warriors, you all take Shaedra's suggestion and get the hell out. Moving quickly you follow the smell of fresh air. After an unsettling maze of corridors, you all see bright light at the end of the tunnel.

The sun through the trees is harsh and blinding to your eyes, but it's a relief to you all none the less. The smell of the spring air wafts away the dank, smelly cave. Wasting no time, you make your way in one direction. You could practically feel the presence of Terrestrials in this place and you had to get away. Minutes of hurrying turn to long hours of making distance. Kheervis strides tirelessly and the Lunars, accustomed to such travel, perform likewise. Silver Wind keeps up as well.

Nightfall is upon you. You've all been driving forward for hours and there's been no sign of Dragonblooded since your last encounter. You're all exhausted, both physically and spiritually. The long drive has not given any of you time to regain essence. There's a chill in the air, and you all know how cold it can get at night during the spring.

  #113  
Unread 4th of February, 2006, 11:45
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Icarus glided silently through the foliage and landed directly outside the circle of companions, who looked up at him drearily. They had all decided to take a breather while Icarus scouted around for signs of trouble or a good place to rest. Making sure he was in an acceptable form, Icarus sat down between Tiden and Silver Wind, stretching.

"I scouted around a few miles and there is no sign of any danger. I believe we will be able to rest here for the night - it seems comfortable enough. Also, the trees around here are high enough to risk a small campfire in my opinion. It is of course up to you. How is everyone faring?"
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #114  
Unread 5th of February, 2006, 14:48
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind looked up at Icarus as the Lunar Exalted spoke. She had just finished taking care of Kheervis, taking the short break she had been offered to comb his coat and mane, check his hooves, and give him some water from a nearby stream. The Finest was in good shape, but could do with as much a rest, if not more of one, than herself.

The Easterner was still very beautiful, but had a very haggard look about her. Her hair still had a few lingering leaves and twigs stuck in it, and dried blood and mud were present near the end of it. Here pants also had some dried blood on them, especially near the knees, but her face was what showed how truly exhausted the Solar was.

Her face was dirty, and though her eyes were still their vibrant green, her gaze was distant and seemed to have a hard time focusing on anything. Even as she looked at Icarus she seemed to just be staring off into space. She surpressed a yawn before responding to the Lunar.

"Sleep definately sounds like a good idea. As for a fire we should definately light one. This near the coastline it will get cold during the night, even here in the South, and I would rather not freeze to death."
  #115  
Unread 5th of February, 2006, 16:05
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra slid off Kheervis as their strange group came to a halt finally. As she hit the ground she winced in pain. She managed to stagger to the bank of the stream where Kheervis was getting a drink. Shaedra knelt down and splashed some water on her wounds, cleaning them out a little, then she splashed water on her face. As the cold water hit her wounds she winced again and again, but she welcomed the numbing sensation that followed, giving her relief from the pain that had haunted her for the past few hours.

Finally she got a drink from the stream and headed back to where the rest of the group was resting. She breifly entertained the idea of striking out on her own, but in the end decided that it was better to stay with them. One of them atleast, the beautiful woman named Silver Wind, might be able to help her regain her lost memories.

Shaedra sat down on the forest floor and placed her golden hammer on the ground beside her. Then she pulled her pack off her back and opened it, trying to reaquaint herself with what was in it. First she pulled out a bedroll, and placed it on the ground, next to come out was a pouch of trail rations, bread and dried meat. This also was placed on the ground, next she pulled out a thick, heavy roll of cloth. Curious, Shaedra moved her pack so it was out of the way, then she unrolled the bundle had grabbed. Secured inside were a series of hammers, tongs, and other tools. Shaedra spent a moment, looking at the arrangement, then, slowly, one at a time, she began pulling individual tools out of their holders. Each item was handled carefully, but with a level of familiarity, then each was just as carefully replaced in it's spot.

Finally Shaedra rolled up the bundle and placed it next to the food and bedroll. The bottom of the pack was full of clothes, some dirty, and some clean, but all were cleaner than Shaedra's current outfit. Shaedra pulled out a fresh shirt and pants, and ducked behind a large tree to change quickly. When she was finished she left her clothes on the ground, as a reminder to herself to clean them later.

Shaedra looked much better now, her face was a little dirty still, and her hair was still caked with blood, but her clothes no longer looked as if she had walked through a slaughter house.

She looked around at her companions. "I agree, some hot food, and sleep would be welcome."
  #116  
Unread 6th of February, 2006, 04:29
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden moved towards the nearby stream. The battle had left him with not much more than a few scratches. He took off his cloak revealing his white hair and pointed wolf ears. Looking down Tiden found that his hands were crusted with blood, none of which was his own... a common sight for him.

After Tiden washed his skin of foreign blood he walked upstream a little and filled up his canteen. Reapplying his cape and hood he calmly walked back to camp, content with the exceptional reconnaissance work that Icarus pulls off.

Overhearing the talk of a fire Tiden decides to take it upon himself, not trusting someone he doesn't know well to to make a subtle flame. Moving to his pack he pulls out the dry wood that he had hastily stuffed into his pack with the onset of bad weather.

"I have enough dry wood for 10 maybe 15 minutes of strong flame to cook, heat, dry, or do whatever you need in that time. After I use up all the dry wood Ill keep the fire small to prevent a lot of smoke."

Once the fire was started Tiden pulled out some rations and ate his fill.
  #117  
Unread 6th of February, 2006, 13:11
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
You all settle into a circle, taking comfort in the modest flame. Tiden does a great job of putting together a fire that puts out very little smoke. Grabbing whatever food you have, the four of you manage put together a meal. The ground is wet but manageable and soon you're all sound asleep. Tiden assures the Silver Wind and Shaedra that he and Icarus they will take shifts standing watch. After all, Silver Wind and Shaedra were the ones that needed rest the most.

----------------------------------------------

Morning light creeps over the horizon, streaking the early mist through the trees. The night passed uneventfully, much to the relief of you all. As safe as you may feel, you know you can't stay too long past sunrise. The Dragonblooded may be moving already.

[OOC: Everyone's essence pools are full. Icarus, you heal 4 bashing damage.]
  #118  
Unread 6th of February, 2006, 14:27
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
As the night draws to a close, Shaedra awakens. She sits up, and looks to the east, just in time to see the first rays of sunlight. With a smile, Shaedra stands and walks a little ways away from the others. Alone within the forest, Shaedra enjoys the dawn, reveling in the growing warmth as the sun crests the horizon.

Once the sun has finished rising, Shaedra turns and heads back to the rest of her companions. Quietly she sits against a nearby tree, and closes her eyes, thinking back over her dreams from the previous night.

In her dream Shaedra was assaulted with shadows and faces of places and people unknown to her. One series of images in particular, continued to run through her mind. A snarling man with greenish tinted skin and an upraised knife. Two girls, with identical features and tears streaming their faces. And a bright light filling Shaedra with a feeling of power and confidence.


Shaedra opened her eyes and looked around the clearing. She knew they would have to move on today, to get away from the people who clearly wanted to kill her and Silver Wind, and apparently the two men as well.
  #119  
Unread 6th of February, 2006, 17:37
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Icarus fluttered down from a branch he had grown fond of as he soon as he noticed Shaedra returning. Quickly changing back into his human form, Icarus greeted the Solar and proceeded to gently shake Tiden and Silver Wind awake. It was dawn and it was time to move out. Tarrying around in the wake of such an eventful day would be foolishness.

While the small group rose, Icarus set out rations. He shouldered his supplies and leaned against a tree, explaining the plan. They would continue in the same direction for a distance, stopping periodically for Icarus to keep track of the surroundings, providing a good grasp of the geography and keeping the party rested and in good spirits.

Icarus smiled. The more he thought about that battle the less worried he felt. It was challenging in a way that not only tested his wit and strength, but it gave him the motivation to become stronger so he could prove himself to be the superior opponent in the next battle.

The Lunar checked his gear once more as the group finshed their preparations and beckoned to them.

"Alright! We'll be leaving presently. I'll lead the way, and Tiden you take up the rear. Let's head out."
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Eternal; 6th of February, 2006 at 17:40.
  #120  
Unread 9th of February, 2006, 15:14
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden woke from a light sleep. Standing up, he noticed the new fire in Icarus's eyes and thought back on what had happened over the last few hours.

The trip with Icarus had not been very eventful. Except for looking for Terrestrials they did little else. After meeting with the Solars things got much more exciting. They had not been as I had expected. The elders said that they should not be trusted, but so far they seem like kind people... maybe too kind. When the Dragon Blooded came it was the first time I had been so challenged. Back when I was being trained to battle, I caught on naturally, as if it was in my blood, and there were few Lunars on the group that I couldnt beat in combat.

What should we to do now? Even though the solars do act strange, they are being followed by the Dragon Blooded and that is more than enough of a reason to stay with them... Especially if it will help prevent the discussing hunt of the Lunars and Solars.

Seeing Shaedra up and wake Tiden greets her "Ah, good you're awake. This is a chance to discuss something important with you. What are you and Silver Winds planning on doing?... Where are you trying to go? And do either of you have a safe place to stay? Icarus and I should be able to help you both escape the Dragon blooded but you should have some sort of temporary plan.
  #121  
Unread 9th of February, 2006, 15:52
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra looks up from where she is sitting at one of the men who had traveled with them. Briefly she glances over to Silver Winds sleeping form, then she sighs a little. The two strange men seemed alright, though clearly they had some unusual abilities.

"I..." Shaedra began, then she stopped and looked at the ground. "I'm afraid I don't know. Maybe Silver Wind has some plan or somewhere safe to go, but I don't."

Shaedra stopped again, and tried once more to remember what had happened before the fight she had been in. "I might have been going somewhere before Silver Wind and I fought the Dragon Blooded, but I was injured in the fight and now I don't even remember who or what I am. Silver Wind told me my name is Shaedra, and that I am a Solar, but other than that my past and future are both blank."
__________________

  #122  
Unread 11th of February, 2006, 09:29
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
You all muster and rise, seeing as the morning is moving along fast. Icarus shoots Tiden a look, signaling that it's time to leave. The silver strewn lunar nods to Shaedra, somewhat sympathetically, then turns and joins Icarus. You all leave, rested but still lacking a particular direction.

The day grows steadily more hot as the sun rises. You find yourselves trekking through more heavy brush. Suddenly, after an hour of travel, Icarus holds up his hand and crouches down. He's obviously heard something. You all stop and huddle down behind the plentiful brush, peering through the bushes for movement. After a few moments of searching, you all notice something small and grey hobbling across the forest floor. As the little critter gets closer, it turns out to be the last thing you'd expect to see. It's a tabby grey cat. The cat is big, looking very much like a domestic cat. Before you all can even start to be confused as to why there's a house cat out here in the middle of nowhere, it shuffles over, purrs, and rubs against Tiden's boot playfully.
  #123  
Unread 11th of February, 2006, 09:50
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
Glad that she had heard them coming through the brush and bush and desperately needing a chance to rest and recupreate after a day of hard running from her pursuers, Orchid puts on a brave 'face' and sniffs at the boot of the man whom was in the lead.

Greenish eyes swivel and her head turns, obstensibly to brush the side of her cheek against the boot of this man with her grey tail twitching as she regards the rest of the party, noting the one horse between the entire troupe.

Can barely walk.... hopefully I can hitch a ride on the horse to rest for awhile and losing those accursed Dragon Blooded.

Giving a tired meow, and glancing up into Tiden's eyes pitifully - her fur dirty, dishelved and unkempt before making her way carefully between the people and rubbing against first one woman then the other, glad for the extra female company. With all the pride, grace and dignity that only a cat can muster, this kitty jumps up into the arms of Shaedra and snuggles up into a tired little ball.
  #124  
Unread 11th of February, 2006, 10:57
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra crouched down when Tiden indicated that they should do so, and peered around in the underbrush, trying to figure out what was going on. Then up ahead she spotted the cat, it was clearly tired, as if it had been traveling for a while. When it jumped up into her arm, Shaedra was so surprised she fell backwards onto the ground into a sitting position.

She laid her hammer on the ground and turned her full attention to the cat curled up in her arms. With one hand she reaches behind her and grabs the waterskin she had filled earlier that day with clean, cool water from the stream. Working carefully, so as to not disturb the cat too much, Shaedra pours some of the water into her cupped hand and held it up for the cat to drink from.
__________________

  #125  
Unread 11th of February, 2006, 11:19
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
Straining her head over to the water, she gradually laps at the handful of water dribbling away, her claws slightly unsheathed and pricking Shaedra's skin to help her find purchase. Spending perhaps 30 seconds, she swallows a few mouthfuls of sweet, reviving, water starting to give off a faint purr of contentment in the crook of the woman's arm.

Grey-green eyes widen slightly, spying the massive golden hammer in the grip of her new-found companion ears laying back and hissing nervously. A second, uncertain yowl accompanies her doubt about just whom she has found before she tries to think it through.

I've only seen Dragon Blooded wearing Jade. So they're clearly not a trap. Maybe. Maybe they also would be unwelcome amongst them. It doesn't matter, I can't run anymore and these people are as good as any to find refuge with.

Sniffing at Shaedra and rubbing her furry cheek and wiskers against Shaedra's fingertips, apparently the cat makes up its' mind to stay with the woman and relaxes at last.

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 11th of February, 2006 at 11:33.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren