Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 17th of September, 2004, 03:19
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Again, Silver Wind hesitated. She didn't really want to get involved with this artifact, whatever it was. Nearly a dozen people were already dead because of it, and if a spirit was guarding it then she probably didn't want to be associated with it. She'd left home to help draw away attention, not to become involved in some power-game over an artifact.

But with the Dragon-Blooded inside the cavern undoubtedly looking for her and Shaedra, what choice did she have if she wanted to get everyone out of this alive? Unlike the two Solars, the Dragon-blooded probably had plenty of Essence left for their Charms. And though Shaedra and her giant golden hammer and armor would probably be more than a match for a Dragon-Blooded or two, there were probably more than a few of them, and Silver Wind wasn't much of a fighter to back her up.

No, it looked like that, against her better judgment, she was going to have to get involved with this murderer and his artifact. She knew that Terresque wanted her to use her anima ability to sanctify the oath, to ensure he got his artifact back, and normally she willing do so. But she didn't have enough strength left for it, that fight with the Dragon-Blooded earlier at the town draining her almost entirely of her reserves.

Well, there was always her connection with Kheervis. She looked back at where she had left the silver stallion, near Shaedra. Silver Wind had always known, instinctively, that she could draw energy from the power of the bond if she so desired. But she'd never done so, feeling that it would demean their friendship and make the bond seem more like a tool instead of the connection to an extraordinary friend that it was.

But couldn't she make an exception in this case? Terresque probably would not help them if she didn't sanctify the deal, and even if he did he probably wouldn't feel obligated to uphold it. And if that happened, then there was little chance that they would get out this mountain alive, much less intact.

And she needed to tell the others about this. She knew Shaedra couldn't understand River-speak, and the only language she knew the two Lunars spoke was the Low Realm they'd greeted Shaedra and herself with. So they knew nothing about the Dragon-Blooded entering the caverns, or that this other Solar was looking for an artifact.

"Kheervis, could you come her for a moment? Don't worry, I'll make sure this spider deals you no harm," she spoke in River-speak. The stallion probably could understand her no matter what language she spoke, but doing so made her feel a bit more detached from her friend. Then she spoke out in Low Realm, "Could you three come over here for a second? I need to explain what’s going on quickly."

Kheervis began trotting over almost immediately, and when he got close to her Silver Wind began stroking his mane, sensing his uneasiness at being so close to the gigantic spider. When Shaedra and the two Lunars got closer, she relayed the information about the Dragon-Blooded being inside the cavern, and how Terresque and the other Solar would help them if they chose to fight the Dragon-Blooded.

After finishing, she looked at Shaedra and asked, "So what do you think we should do? I'm not much of a fighter, so I can't even make a guess, but do you think we can defeat these Dragon-Blooded even in our weakened state?" Silver Wind glanced at her friend's wound on her right arm at that last comment.

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 15th of November, 2004 at 11:54.
  #52  
Unread 17th of September, 2004, 05:56
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra watched the exchange between Silver Wind and the spiritTerresque, even though she couldn't understand the words the body language and the general lessening of the tension in the air told her that some sort of agreement had been reached. At first she was relieved that she didn't have to fight right now, but then some thing inside her, the thing that made her a Child of the Rising Sun, flared up and filled her with the desire to visit retribution on those who were even now searching for her intent on wiping her off the face of Creation. So when Silver Wind called everyone over and explained the agreement thus far Shaedra's eyes lit up. "If it were just the three myself, you, and Kheervis as we are now trying to take the Dragon Blooded on I would say that we wouldn't have a chance against them. But now that we have four others who are also willing to fight along side of us I would say that yes we do have a chance to if not totally defeat them, then atleast discourage them from following us any further. This could also be aided by Terresque's knowledge of these caves, we can determine where they are then chose our battle ground accordingly, so that they have to face us on our terms." Shaedra pauses for breath here then continues, "There is another thing, I am a very low powered Terrestrial Circle sorceress, and the one combat spell I know is very good at taking out large numbers of people. I don't know if I will be able to cast it without at least a few minutes of preperation, but we can take that into account for what ever plans we make."


[Taking into account all the time spent wandering around the caves and talking to various people, have we regained any essence? Or will I need to meditate?]
__________________

  #53  
Unread 17th of September, 2004, 20:32
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Icarus knelt down anxiously, taking in the situation. So many things had just begun to happen at once, and now somehow the party has taken sides with this giant arachnoid spirit and this vengeful man. Icarus knew not what to think of the situation at hand because of the sudden change of events, but he listened intently to Shaedra and Silver Wind as they began to explain their plan.

By the end of Shaedra's request, Icarus was dissapointed. At the mention of a large scale battle, his eyes lit up with excitement, but now he felt as if Shaedra was stealing all of the glory by wisping away many Dragon-Bloods with one fell swoop. However.... if she did use this taxing spell, he would have all the more soldiers and Dragon-Bloods for himself and Tiden... Icarus smiled as his Lunar instinct began to influence his thoughts.

"Shaedra, you say you are to use this combat spell to cause a major dent in the foe's number, correct? I was curious how big of a dent this would leave, because Tiden and myself are anxious to deal with these Dragon-Bloods... they have cause us a lot of grief, you know..." Icarus said, clearly not as calm-minded as he had been before.


__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #54  
Unread 17th of September, 2004, 23:10
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra looks at Icarus when he asks his question, and notices the gleam of a warrior faced with the prospect of battle in his eyes and smiles. "If I use this spell Icarus, it goes out infront of me for a bout 100 feet, its 30 feet wide and 10 feet tall. So depending on how many people they send and how many get caught in the initial impact of the spell, I think that you and Tiden should have enough to wreak retribution upon. But keep in mind that is only if I need to cast the spell, depending on what the tunnels are like arround here it may not do any good to cast it at all."
__________________

  #55  
Unread 18th of September, 2004, 00:14
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
"Ah," Icarus sighed, realizing his actions and checking himself. His mentor, unlike Tiden's, had always stressed a clear and focused mind, which was very important to a bowman and even a swordsman. Icarus calmed down, knowing that he could still enjoy the thrill of battle as he did earlier with a focused mind. Icarus looked around for Tiden and smiled. He could remember all of the times before battles that Tiden had been jumping off the walls in anticipating, sometimes getting a little out of control.

"I apologize for not controling myself before battle. I will fire with a clear mind, making sure every arrow strikes true!" Icarus said truthfully. He was still excited, though, no matter how focused he was.
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #56  
Unread 18th of September, 2004, 10:18
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Shaking with wasted adrenalin and the urge to fight, Tiden tried to calm himself. He watched as silverwind and the spider spoke, becoming slightly irritated with them talking in a different language than his own.

Silvermoon calls them all over in common suddenly, jerking Tiden away from his frustration. Ready for the worst news, he stepped up to her with the others. After hearing of the alliance being forged and the plan to meet the dragonbloods in combat, he was glad to be able to fight after all. Grinning with excitement he spoke.

"Silver Wind, I see you have come up with a solution that benefits everyone..... I must admit I am impressed. And Shaedra, like Icarus I will also try to keep a level head in battle though, I'm worse than Icarus."

After pausing for a moment to let his words sink in Tiden decides to try to get things moving.

"Shaedra. Since you seem to be in charge of battle tactics, what do you suggest we do?




  #57  
Unread 22nd of September, 2004, 11:06
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra looks at Icarus when he asks her to lead them, and smiles. She recognises the way his whole body practically vibrates with the excitement of the coming battle. Then she looks at Tiden, Silver Wind, Terresque, and Indurian. "The only way I would even think about telling all of you what to do is if you all agreed to it. Icarus obviously believes that I can do this, but I would still like to know what the rest of you think.", Shaedra says pitching her voice to carry even over to Indurian. As Shaedra says this she attempts to meet everyones eyes.

[OOC: Do we have a map we can see that shows what the caves' layout is? This would be most helpful.]
__________________

  #58  
Unread 22nd of September, 2004, 14:56
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Originally Posted by Tiden "Silver Wind, I see you have come up with a solution that benefits everyone..... I must admit I am impressed."
Of course I made an agreement to everyone's benifet! It was sitting right there in front of us the whole time! She felt like shouting it out to the Lunar after his "comment". But she kept her composure, simply sending a withering glare at him before turning back to the huge spider spider behind them.

"It seems, Terresque Pallidum, that we have reached an agreement. The Solar and Lunar Exalted present," she shot a glance at the wayward Solar before continuing, "will, with your help, drive the Dragon-Blooded from these caverns. Also, you will provide this...man," she gestured at the same Solar, realizing she didn't know his name yet but continued anyway, "with the artifact he seeks temporarily," she emphazied the word to stress its importance, "during our fight with the Dragon-Blooded. He will return it once that battle is over.

Also, in return for our services, you will allow me and my companions safe passage through these caverns." She folded her arms over her chest and looked at the spider. "I trust that this agreement will suit both our needs?"
  #59  
Unread 23rd of September, 2004, 13:18
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
"Indeed they do chosen. All that is left is that we seal the agreement with your power. It's necessary that we both are able to trust each other. I would advise us, however, to make haste on this matter. We still need a strategy, and the enemy is getting nearer..."

You all notice, as Terrisque speaks, that Indurian has drawn himself up. Walking out of the chaimber, which the giant spider so graciously unblocked, he steps silently toward the assembly of exalted and the elemental. With his drenched brow, tangled hair, and mangled expression, he has the appearance of a man who has traveled the underworld and back. To your great surprise, he manages to speak logically, although, it does seem a bit forced.

"I will take a place in this fight, only because it seems to be in my best interest. Fighting amungst temporary allies is better than none at all. Im also fully aware of what will befall those who break terms of an agreement sealed by an eclipse. It's regretable my former comrades were under no such seal."

[OOC: A map will be distributed as soon as possible, laying out your surroundings as best as my drawing skills can manage. Also, an hour has passed since we last addressed essence pools. Everyone may add whatever they would normally regenerate in one hour under active, but not stressful, conditions.]
  #60  
Unread 27th of September, 2004, 07:18
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind looks at the Solar as he agrees to this tentative plan. She had sort of expected him to argue to the idea of returning the artifact once he got his hands on it. Not that she was complaining, Terresque was correct; they did not have much time.

"Very well then," she looks between the spirit/spider, her companions, and the unknown Solar. Placing her hand on Kheervis' mane she continued. "Since the two of you both agree, and I speak for both my companions and myself, let this agreement be sealed."

With that she tugs at the strands of Essence in the air, as well as the ones located in her bond with Kheervis. She wills it into a current that naturally flows through her Anima, allowing her to sanctify this agreement by the might of Heaven. Unlike internal essence, ambient essence had an interesting effect when channeled through an Exalt's Anima. It was unique to each exalt and commonly referred to as the anima banner.

Silver Wind's banner is like her namesake, with small silver wisps, apparently wind, beginning to form around her. The sound of a breeze is heard, and runes of silver, carried in on the wisps of wind, sanctify this deal of desperation. Her Caste Mark burns like a miniature sun on her forehead, a hollow golden circle with a solid golden circle inside of that burns through her few silver bangs.

The runes disappear as their duty is done, but the wisps of silver and sound of wind still remains around her, will for probably several more minutes if experience serves Silver Wind correctly. Her Caste mark will surely burn for a couple more hours at least, even though it had only recently dimmed out.

She looks at the spider and Solar, two individuals that she'd rather not be involved with if she could help it, but with whom she'd just sworn an oath. She gives them both a slight bow, "Now I believe you may retrieve the artifact Terresque Palladum, without fear. Perhaps this man would even like to accompany you, but my companions and myself shall remain here and start to form a battle strategy for the Dragon-Blooded either way."

She turns back to Shaedra, the woman who she had gone through so much with recently. She gives a little smile at the woman's reservations about leading the group. "As I recall, it was the Dawn Caste who lead the other Exalted into battle during the First Age. Though the First Age ended long ago, I see no reason not to emulate certain aspects of it during the current time. I am certainly not a warrior, nor am I capable of leading warriors into battle." Again, she bows a little, this time however to Shaedra.

"I would be honored if you chose to lead our little band against the Dragon-Blooded."

[Spend 6 motes of peripheral Essence, 4 motes from Kheervis, and a point of Temporary Willpower to power my anima effect. Let the show begin...]

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 27th of September, 2004 at 07:21.
  #61  
Unread 4th of October, 2004, 20:34
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Icarus stepped over and took his place behind Shaedra. Although he was still a little confused about what was going on, he knew that Shaedra was the best leader for the group, and did recall from his studies in lore, that the Dawn caste always led the battles. Now taking his place, Icarus motioned to the rest of the party.

"I believe Shaedra can lead us to victory, and I see no reason any of us should not stand behind her." He turned to Tiden, "Remember, although Shaerdra is to be our leader, this takes nothing away from the glory of battle. We will be able to enjoy ourselves just as much, and this time, we're keeping score," hinting at the furious arguments about who had killed more enemies in the past. "Well, what are the plans?"
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #62  
Unread 15th of October, 2004, 03:22
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra listens for a moment to what Silver Wind translates for Terresque, then she kneels down and starts sketching in the dirt with her finger, relaying questions to Terresque with Silver Wind's help to ensure the accuracy of the rough map she is drawing.

Then she illustrates the Dragon Blood's troop movement as far as she and Terresque know saying, "There are 4 Dragon Blooded and about 20 soldiers coming from the north eastern entrance and moving south to attack us from the east. There is another group consisting of 2 Dragon Blooded and their 6 elite soldiers coming up from the south east to cut off our southern exit. We don't know where the rest of the troops are because they have not entered the caves yet. Now as for where we shall meet them, I think we should have Icarus and Tiden meet the group from the south, as you two know each others fighting styles and how best to work together, and I see no reason why we should break up such a formidible team. The Night caste and I shall meet the dragon blooded coming from the east. Whether Terresque can or will fight is up to him, I will trust that he knows what would work best for him in repelling unwanted visitors. Silver Wind, I know that you do not fight, so I will ask you and Kheervis to watch the tunnels behind us and alert us if any would seek to come upon us from the rear." As she speaks, she points to the various relevant spots on the map, and to the people involved.

[OOC: Does Indurian speak any languages other than Riverspeak? There is a map, unfortuantely I was not able to transcribe it to my message, when I tried all the alignments screwed up. If any one wants to see what I attempted to draw send a PM to either my self or Erendiox. Sorry about the delay guys, I have been kinda busy and RL is just kicking my butt these days.]

Last edited by Erendiox; 15th of October, 2004 at 09:53.
  #63  
Unread 15th of October, 2004, 12:44
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden calmly listens to Shaedra's instructions until the part where she mentions him and Icaris. "Me and Icarus meet the group from the south?? What does Shaedra think she is doing? We should fight the stronger group to the east." Almost immediately after Shaedra is done speaking, Tiden's speaks his mind.

"Shaedra, I don't think that Icaris and I should take the smaller group on the sothern side." Tiden pauses, choosing his words carefully. "I think that it is obvious that we are much better suited in taking on the large group than you and.... well... him."

Hesitating to speak anything more that might seem unimportant to her, like how there aren't enough people to make a enjoyable competition of the ensuing battle in the small group. Choosing to keep the rest of his thoughts to himself, Tiden listens for her answer.

  #64  
Unread 15th of October, 2004, 13:03
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
"Tiden, I understand that there fewer opponents to fight on the Southern front, but this has three reasons. One, you and Icarus can make short work of them, while I use that time to cast my spell on the other force. Two, there are elite guards coming from the south. And Three, once you and Icarus are finished there you can come reinforce us on the Eastern front."

Last edited by Lyn Nalyr; 15th of October, 2004 at 13:28.
  #65  
Unread 15th of October, 2004, 14:10
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind relays several questions between Shaedra and Terresque, mostly concerning the layout of the cavern and where the Dragon-Blooded are located. It wasn't until she was certain that Shaedra was satisfied with her knowledge that she was finally able to absorb the information herself. The Dragon-Blooded were coming from the North- and South-eastern direction to try and pincer them.

She realized that throughout this little exchange, she had still clutched the jade brush for Kheervis. Looking down at it, she gave a little shrug and started brushing Kkheervis' silver coat again, listening to Shaedra's plan while she did.

She frowned when Shaedra said she didn't fight. She didn't have any idea as to what to do in this situation, not being a warrior by any means, so it was probably best to listen to Shaedra's suggestion. But she didn't like the idea that she was being excluded simply because she was unable to fight.

Silver Wind momentarily stopped brushing Kheervis to turn and look at Shaedra, just as Tiden spoke up. He'd been fairly silent lately, probably hyping himself up for the battle. She waited for Shaedra to explain her reasoning to Tiden before speaking up herself.

"Actually Shaedra, I DO fight. I just realize that there are other alternatives," she glances at the two Lunars, "Besides needlessly killing people. However, as with those Dragon-Blooded back at town, I doubt these Dragon-Blooded will give me a chance to speak before the battle begins. Perhaps it would be best if I come with you and...our Night Caste here to help against the Dragon-Blooded. After all, you are not up to full strength, and I do not know how draining this spell will be for you. My help, minor though it may be, may be just what we need to come out of this battle victorious."
  #66  
Unread 15th of October, 2004, 14:18
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
"Oh, I'm sorry Silver Wind, if you would like to join us on the battle field, then we will welcome your help. I just wasn't sure where you would feel comfortable." Shaedra says with a smile, "also thank you for translating for me, at some point in time I may have to ask you to teach me that language."
  #67  
Unread 17th of October, 2004, 10:26
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
You all seem confident enough in this plan of Shaedra's making. After a few parting words, Icarus and Tiden edge their way toward the south with great anticipation. Shaedra and Indurian move to the east with Silver Wind following not far behind. Indurian shoots a look at Terrisque.

"Thats right. The artifact. I nearly had forgotten. If you will give me a moment..."

With that, the giant spider walks casually to the cavern wall, climbs straight up it, and across the celing to the tunnel that connects the second level. Climbing up and out of sight, you 3 wait pacently for his return while the two lunars move farther away into the southern tunnel.

Icarus and Tiden

You pass swiftly into the passage, intent on meeting your foe head on. It doesn't take you long to come into sight of the southern chaimber. You can make out the outlines of several figures moving in the distance. This should be cake, After all, lower exalts should have little power over their celestial betters...

Indurian, Shaedra, and Silver Wind

Several short minutes pass and Terrisque returns, gliding back down to the ground on a strand of webbing. Wrapped in one of his arms is a cocoon of sticky webbing. He walks up to Indurian and outstretches his arm. "Remember our agreement young one...". After a moment of hesitation, Indurian reaches into the cocoon. A sudden flash of bright fiery light chars off the webbing as the solar's hand reaches grasp of the staff. The weapons craftsmanship captures you all immediately. A silver, metallic sheen combined with a deep golden luster makes the staff seem like it should be a delicate decoration rather than a deadly weapon. Upon closer inspection, however, the staff must be nigh indestructable, as indeed there is not a single scratch or inpurity on the entire thing. Indurian's eyes glow with excitement as he brings across his other hand to strike a stance with the staff in hand.

"Take a few minutes with it and it should be light as a feather" says Terrisque. He turns to Shaedra and Silver Wind. "You two should take a look up ahead. Indurian and I will be right behind you."

  #68  
Unread 17th of October, 2004, 13:10
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind almost couldn't tear her eyes away from the artifact that Terresque had brought, it was so...enrapturing. The golden luster, so similar to Shaedra's armor and hammer, was so...glorious to behold. And the silvery sheen that it had been combined with, it was beautiful to behold in her eyes. She nodded at Terresque's suggestion that she and Shaedra should go ahead without this solar and himself, but she could hardly tear view away from the artifact.

Silver Wind did though, and she looked over at Shaedra to tell her of this slight change. "Terresque says that he and--," she blinked. The spider had said a name; one she could only assume belonged to this Solar. Indurian. So that's his name...

She shook her head, sending her silver hair in rippling waves. Now wasn't the time for this. "He says that he and the Night caste will be along in a few minutes, and that we should go look up ahead. I agree, since you are the one to cast this spell."

She waited for Shaedra's approval before heading over to Kheervis. She didn't want to risk his life, but even though she had made a deal with Terresque, she didn't trust the spider not to eat Kheervis while she and the others were gone. Either way, he was in danger, but this way at least, they would share the danger together like they always had. Putting the jade brush back in its saddle pouch, she grabbed ahold of Kheervis' reins.

"My friend, I am sorry for all of this, but it seems we are not out of danger yet. The Dragon-Blooded have managed to track us down once again, and we must yet again fight." The woman rubbed the mustang's muzzle as she spoke, thinking of how different things used to be.

Before she could understand Kheervis, before the Unconquered Sun, before the Dragon-Blooded and their damned Wyld Hunt. Though she was grateful for this attachment to Kheervis, for he was a friend matched only recently by Shaedra, whom she was also grateful to have met, there were times that she wished things were different. She wished that she did not have to be so far away from her home and family, that she did not have to risk not only her own life but Kheervis' life as well simply because people viewed her as something she wasn't.

But now wasn't a time for reminiscing. The Dragon-Blooded were moving, and if this plan was going to work they would have to get moving. "I'm sorry to have to ask this of you again but could you --" she stopped ask Kheervis moved forward to rub against her cheek, wiping away a tear that had formed in her eye with his silver fur. He knew the dangers, had always known the dangers, and still he had stayed with her. He wasn't going to abandon her, not now, not ever.

Silver Wind grinned, feeling happy that her friend was staying with her and sad that she was still risking his life for something that really did not concern him. "Thank you," was all she said before climbing onto Kheervis' saddle.

She pulled Kheervis' reins, bringing over to where Shaedra was. Silver Wind grinned to the other woman, looking so different from herself with her golden armor and hammer, but whom rivaled even Kheervis in their attachment.

"Lets go. From what I know, the Dragon-Blooded do not ride mounts. If we ride on Kheervis, we should both get there before they enter the tunnel connecting this cavern to the other one." She extended her hand to Shaedra to help up on the saddle, grinning like a kid the whole time.
  #69  
Unread 17th of October, 2004, 14:57
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra grins back, takes Silver Winds hand, and hoists her self up behind Silver Wind. "Well this is exciting," she says, taking hold of Silver Wind with one arm, the other holding on to her Goremaul, "lets go."


When they get to the tunnel entrance Shaedra dismounts carefully and starts pacing off the distance she will need for the spell. When she has determined the best location for it, she stands in the center of the tunnel, facing towards the approching Dragon Blooded. "Just as a warning Silver Wind, you, Kheervis, Tarrasque, and the Night Caste have to stay behind me until the spell is done, else you will be caught in it too," she says over her shoulder to Silver Wind. And with those words she sets the Goremaul down on its head, within easy reach, and begins to gather in the strands of essence from within her self and from the very being of Creation, preparing to throw everything she has into her spell, rehersing in her mind the words and forms for the Death of Obsidian Butterflies........




[OOC: How do you work spells Erendiox, can I cast all but the last part of the spell and hold it till I can acheive the maximum effect? Or do I have to wait and hope that I can get the spell off in time all at once?]

Last edited by Lyn Nalyr; 17th of October, 2004 at 15:03.
  #70  
Unread 27th of October, 2004, 11:42
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Shaedra and Silver Wind



You two wait in the darkness, keeping composed in the calm before battle. Faint voices and movements can barely be hear over the audiable drip drip of the cave moisture. To your relief, Terrisque crawls silently on the ceiling of the tunnel, silent and out of sight. Apparantly he will take a part in the battle as well. Indurian steps lightly to stand beside Silver Wind and Kheervis, giving her a nod of confidence, and hiding the residual glow of the brilliant artifact within his tattered robes. All are focused on Shaedra and her role to be fulfilled. You wait not much longer, for within short minutes you can hear clearly the rough clatter of infantry in heavy armor. They are within sight in the moments afterward, moving at a hastened march. With the glow of the gemstones, you can clearly make out their Dragonblooded leaders following closely behind them.



A bead of sweat rolls down Shaedra's brow. Timing will be of the essence to pull this off efficiently. The troops get closer and closer. Praying that they don't spot you too soon, you force yourself to hold off until there are enough of them in range. Finally, when you just can't wait any longer, you clap essence charged hands together, snapping the first of several steps into motion for casting the spell. Bellowing out ancient words as fast as you can, you feel the surge of power permiate your being, just seconds away from materializing into its deadly form. The troops, taken by surprise and utterly terrified by this sudden display of anathema power, panic and rush backward into the tunnel, hoping to escape a horrific demise at the hands of exalted sorcery. Shaedra's timing, although not quite perfect, was enough to snag a good number of troops, and 2 of the dragonblooded in the solid fog of delicate glass. As the magic is let loose, the sound of shattering glass against metal plates, as well as, more audiably, the agonized shrieks of the the victimized troops, can be heard echoing through the tunnels of the entire mountain. While 8 men each fall into a bloodied heap, the two dragonblooded caught are not so easily destroyed. One, a thin, pale woman dressed in blue robes holds up her hand, palm forward, and shouts a quick phrase in the language of sorcery. The obsidian, upon coming near her, collides with a brilliant emerald aura, breaks down violently back into its raw, energy form, and is sent off in every direction, decorating the scene with uncontrolled explosions. One particularly large shard of energy ricochets off toward another infantry, whos chest is promptly impaled, and his body instantly scarred beyond recognition. The other Dragonblood, caught slightly off footing, raises his arms in a last ditch effort to ward off the oncoming spell. A flurry of glass strikes him head on, gleaming inbetween the small weaknesses of his articulated plate. Blood runs down both his cheeks as he brings a mangled hand to clutch a deeper wound on his side. The other hand goes for his sword...

[Initiative order: Terresque, Indurian, Grey DB, Infantry, Shaedra, Silver Wind, White DB, Blue DB, Orange DB]
  #71  
Unread 27th of October, 2004, 12:42
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Terrisque Pallidum

The wood elemental waits pacently for his opening in the chaos. Impressed with the damage the young Dawn is capable of causing, he wastes no time of inflicting damage of his own. Taking in a quick, slient breath, he sprays a sticky green substance in the direction of the enemy. Acid means immediate death for mortals, and is still extremely lethal to the exalted. Not wasting time between movements, Terrisque drops and flips downward in midst of his acid attack, only to reach the ground on his feet. Skittering forward like lightning, he makes a lunge for the injured dragonblooded.

[Making 2 attacks: Acid on the White Dragonblooded and a natural weapons attack on the Grey Dragonblooded.]

Indurian

Clasping the great weapon in his hands, he lunges forward with newfound speed and power, bringing the staff, in its one piece form, down on his opponents. An overhand strike and forward lunge are articulated by a pale current of energy and a smooth humming sound that follows the staff's every quick movement. Riding his own lunge momentum, he passes by his first target, draws back his staff before his second opponent can even start to lift his testubo, and swings a violent horizontal blow.

[Making 3 attacks: Two on the Grey Dragonblooded, one on the orange.]

Grey Dragonblooded

He barely gets a chanse to draw his daiklave and his breath when he is forced to leap quickly into motion. A huge black beast falls from the celing, adding to his allready surprised state. Forcing the glass pain out of his mind, he sizes up his situation in an instant. The beast from one direction, another opponent from the other. There are two others... Theres no time to think as his reflexes kick into action. A snap of essence makes the whole cave shudder for a split second as the practiced technique is put into motion...

[Activates combo]

The remaining infantry, suddenly regretting the decision to serve in the millitary rather than 25 lashes, drop their weapons and scream their heads off as they run wildly back down the cavern....

Last edited by Erendiox; 27th of October, 2004 at 12:51.
  #72  
Unread 27th of October, 2004, 13:58
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra grins ferraly as her spell goes off, and even more so when Terresque and the Night Caste spring into action in it's wake. The reaction of the infantry was a predictable one, not many mortals could face down 3 Solars and an Elemental. Shaedra draws in a deep breath, grabs her Goremaul and charges the Dragon Blood in Blue robes who had countered part of her spell.


[OOC: Making 1 attack: (Dex+Melee+Specialty)-Wound Modifiers: 10-1= (7=1,2,3,5,7,7,9,9,10)= 6 sucesses to hit.]

Last edited by Erendiox; 30th of October, 2004 at 12:39.
  #73  
Unread 28th of October, 2004, 11:45
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind watched in a mixture of amazement, terror, and gut-wrenching sympathy as Shaedra released her spell. Amazement at the sight of thousands of little black...things, too fast for her eye to see, shoot forth from Shaedra's outstretched hands at the incoming force. Terror at the thought of being the victim of such a terrible effect.

Others probably felt the same way when they saw sorcery for the first time, but the gut-wrenching sympathy was distinctively her own twist on the matter. She watched as the black objects tore into the ranks of the soldiers and the Dragon-Blooded, unable to blink or tear her eyes away from the sight. The mortal troops caught in the mass of blackness would never stand a chance, she had known this going into the battle, but to actually see them cut to ribbons in less than an instant...

She blinked the image away. There would time enough for this after the fight was over. She saw Terresque and the man, Indurian, already attacking the Dragon-Blooded, and she sees Shaedra moving forward to strike at the woman who had made that brilliant green aura.

Silver Wind held Kheervis stationary, not moving him into the battle, not making him retreat further from it. She reached back, pulled out one of her broadhead arrows, and notched it in the finely crafted bow she had pulled out.

She didn't attack though. She wanted to get a feel for what was happening, figure out which one of the Dragon-Blooded would be best for her to attack first. She wasn't much of a fighter, but she WAS A business woman, and she knew a lot about efficiency. She did not posses aany form of magical attack like her companions, so it would do her well to attack the one who was the least armored so she could do the best.

Silver Wind watched as her compatriarts attacked, watched the enemy forces, trying to distinguish something from the choas of battle.

[OOC: Silver Wind is going to size up her opponents before she wastes any of her ammunition on someone she can't even scratch. Namely, she's looking at weapons, armor, junk like that. I realize she may not RECOGNIZE all of it, but she can at least judge which armor covers the least area.]
  #74  
Unread 15th of November, 2004, 14:57
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Terrisque's venom strikes his intended target, covering a portion of his body in burning, sizzling liquid. The large, fair skinned man seems, however, to mostly ignore the attack in this heat of battle. His white jade armor glows angrily in response to the liquid, refusing to give way to its corrosive properties. Terrisque drops to the floor and moves toward his opponent, making a lunge with one of his many claws at the grey dragonblood. The injured terrestrial responds instantaneously to this new threat. A howl of wind barrels through the cavern as a dormant power is suddenly released. His grey anima banner shoots up suddenly like a heatless wildfire, multiplying his reflexes. By the time Terrisque's claw gets close, his sword is unsheathed and in motion to parry with an unerring accuracy.

As Terrisque's blow is silenced by a flash of grey, Indurian is only a step behind him, brining his mighty weapon down on his unfortunate foe. Indurian strikes with speed and strength but the terrestrial draws from the deepest reserves of his being, somehow managing both assailants at once. There is a fire in his eyes. Indurian, changing face without warning, charges the dragonblood in the orange armor, who towers a good 2 feet over the others. Bringing his tetsubo upward to make a defensive swing, he thwarts much of Indurian's attack, though the staff and its wielder seem to slither through his charms. Indurian hits hard, coming under the giant's swing and striking his torso while passing under his right shoulder. The blow makes the man stagger backward a few steps as he clutches his chest with one hand, obviously hurt.

The grey dragonblood, as if he hadn't made enough actions in a seeming impossible timeframe, touches his forehand with his off hand as he follows through with his final parry against Indurian. His brow tightens as an electric red energy suddenly outlines his entire body. His movements now outlined with hazy, red smoke, he draws back into his prime defensive pose.

Shaedra, seeing the green countermagic out of the corner of her eye, rushes the mage with her goremaul. The blue dragonblood, although taken by surprise does not panic. In fact, she ducks and sidesteps, reversing her position quickly to cleverly place herself on shaedra's weak side. Blue's robes streaming with her movement, a sparkle of steel emerges from her excessively long sleeves. Noticing her intent at the last moment, Shaedra makes a frantic swing to the mage's head and shifts sideways as fast as she can, the knife just barely missing her neck.

Silver Wind, your eyes dart across the battlefield trying to make sense of things. Terrisque and Indurian are off near the left wall, assaulting the grey dragonblooded. Shaedra has run up the center to meet the blue robed mage. Indurian, switching opponents quickly, also attacks the orange giant on the left. The white dragonblooded is covered in acid. Soldiers are running and screaming. The grey's bonfire sends echos down the endless passage, combining with the screams of the mortals.... and you try to take all this in and focus.... your bow out and half drawn, you try to find something that you know you can hit. The exquisite dragonblooded armor intimidates you... you aren't quite sure what to do. The orange dragonblooded seems to be wearing sheet after sheet of articulated plates, all carved and thick with glowing jade. If that isn't enough, he's huge and swinging a sledge around like its a walking stick. The white wields a silver hammer and wears similar armor, although less extensive than orange's. The grey wears a military garb, mostly mail and hard leather to ease restriction on motion. He's being attacked from many sides, but he seems to be pouring out massive energy to power some amazing defensive magic. You may not be able to hit him, but he might end up using up more power to ward off your attacks. The blue seems to be the least armored of the four, sporting only robes that couldn't possibly have much protection underneith, especially the way she's moving. Its the way she's moving that bothers you though. Very fast. You begin to worry. All of these dragonblooded seem well trained in both offense and defense, and they're obviously geared toward battling anathema.

[Initiative order: Silver Wind, Blue, Shaedra, Indurian, Terrisque, Grey, White, Orange]

  #75  
Unread 16th of November, 2004, 06:10
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind quickly tries to figure it all out. Orange and his body encased in so much armor it was apparently made of Jade, White and the hissing acid that doesn’t seem to even bother him or his armor, Grey and his movements...too quick for her to catch, but obviously effective as both Terresque and Indurian's attacks have no effect on the man. But Indurian is already at the Orange, under that massive hammer already and swinging that golden silver staff. Shaedra, charging that blue robed woman who had somehow deflected her magic.

So much, so fast. If she had still been mortal, Silver Wind knew she never would have been able to keep up with it all. Even now, a Solar Exalted, she was having problems keeping up with it all. Grey was definitely using Essence, his aura suddenly shooting up around him like a raging forest fire. Terresque could probably handle him, at least temporarily. Indurian was fast, she’d never seen someone move like that, striking like a coiled snake. She had problems keeping up with him the most, and that giant Orange Dragon-Blooded who dwarfed them both seemingly had as hard a time keeping up with the other Solar as she did. White…he wasn’t engaged with anyone, would probably pick the target posing the greatest threat.

Shaedra. She was the obvious target, right? Her giant golden hammer, so similar to Orange’s, and golden armor making her stand out from her companion. If she had to tangle with two opponents...and she was not only injured, but also low on Essence after the initial fight and now that spell. She'd never last against two opponents.

Shaedra. She’d reached Blue now, was swinging that hammer of hers with an apparent effortlessness that was unnerving to behold. But Blue moved aside almost as fast as Grey moved his sword, and suddenly a knife was where Shaedra’s neck had been, her friend somehow moving to make it miss.

Shaedra.

Suddenly it all seemed to slow down. She could see Blue’s arm retracting, the fluttering of her robes, see the way Shaedra's blonde hair ruffled with the speed of her dodge. Blue was readying to thrust forward towards Shaedra again, to spill the lifeblood of her friend onto the ground simply because she was labeled “Anathema.”

NO!

Something flashed through Silver Wind’s green eyes, something that would have caused most beings to flinch in fear. She hadn’t known Shaedra for that long, only a few hours, but she felt as close to the woman as she did with Kheervis. She wouldn’t let anyone, for any reason, harm Kheervis, and that same feeling extended to Shaedra. Silver Wind would do everything to protect her, would even kill if necessary, and nothing would stop her. Not Dragon-Blooded and their damned Hunt, not her one-sided sympathy, not even her family would be able to hold her back.

Still watching everything in slow motion, Silver Wind pulled the arrow back in the bow, something her father had bought before she'd even been born. It was incredibly well carved, and the bowstring was thin and strong. She aimed at Blue, still moving to strike Shaedra, and let fly. Before the arrow had even gone ten feet however she'd reached back and pulled out another arrow, also a Broadhead, pulled it back, and released it.

[OOC: Taking two actions, both attacks. Channeling a point of Willpower through Compassion to try and save Shaedra.
1st attack (Dex(3)+Archery(2)+Weapon ACC(2)+Compassion(3))-2 for multiple actions = 8. (3, 5, 6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 10) = 6 successes.
2nd attack (Dex(3)+Archery(2)+Weapon ACC(2)+Compassion(3))-3 for multiple actions = 7. (4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 9, 10) = 3 successes.
Base Damage per attack = (Broadhead arrows = Strength+2) 5L]
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 22:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren