Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 14th of July, 2004, 04:51
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Prologue: Lunar Exalted

Green is the day that brothers meet,
In arms they cast their iron pride,
Against the shadows rue the sky,
With Luna's favor do they stride...
*
Icarus and Tiden have been friends since Tiden was thrown dumbstruck into the lunar society after a long and harsh initiation. Gahogen, his mentor treated him harshly but always, in the end, to better him in some way in combat or survival. Drawn to each other out of respect or simply the need for a friend in harsh times, the pair of newsome lunars found comfort in each others company and confidence side by side in combat.
*
And at the moment you two find yourselves treking through the woods, traveling at a pace worthy of note. Tiden, down on all fours, sprints through the forest with amazing speed in his totem form, while Icarus follows not far behind, casually riding heat thremals off the treetops. Not that Icarus couldn't move faster than Tiden, but simply because the wolf had the power of smell that would lead them to their destination. Running water. The easiest way to find civilization is to follow the river.
*
After initiation you two were restless for challenges. Your mentors had trained you well and you wanted to go out and make your own decisions. Angered by stories of new lunar exalts being slain by legions of Dragonblooded before the Silver Pact could find them, you two set out on a mission to wreak whatever havok on the Realm and its subsidiaries that you could. Bringing back the skulls and artifacts of slain Terrestrial captains, along with the rumors you may instigate, will surely prove you accomplished warriors back home.
*
Traveling hard and fast, you reach the city of Nexus in two weeks time. Some rumor of Anathema to the south catches your interest. More importantly, several talons of dragonbloods have been dispatched to that area. Traveling down south, catching up with the slow moving legions, you find yourselves in the forest on the edge of the mountain range that overlooks Kirichast. Deciding to spend the night resting, you both revert back to human form, so you can cook some meat, the first cooked meat you have had in days. You've been following the Terrestrial's tracks nonstop for 2 days now. In their heavy iron boots its incredebly easy to track them. You make a small fire and are resting off the several days of travel with little sleep.

Last edited by Erendiox; 14th of July, 2004 at 23:10.
  #2  
Unread 14th of July, 2004, 06:22
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
As the last of the meager meal is finished Tiden thinks about the rumors he has heard of the anathema sited nearby and about the dragon blooded they are tracking. After careful calculation Tiden decides it is time to discuss with Icarus exactly what they are going to do about this exciting situation. Also they need to see what they could possibly do to help. There could be some of his lunar brethren in danger. But aside from his duty's to the silver pact this could actually be an excellent time to gain pride and respect within the lunar community he thinks with a grin.

"Icarus I believe it is best for us to first find out the true intentions of such a large dragon blooded force before we encounter and destroy them. But if they are not planing to attack our fellow lunars I would like to see what they are up to. This could finally be are chance to prove ourselves to the silver pact...... are you with me on this friend?
  #3  
Unread 14th of July, 2004, 06:31
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
"Well, I don't wish to jump to conclusions, but such a large Dragon-Blooded force would not be marching through the wilderness just for sport, my friend. I believe they may be tracking some bigger threat than even one of Luna's Chosen. You rest while I scout ahead... they surely won't suspect an innocent bird to be one of us, eh?"

With that, Icarus took of through the treetops with a burst of feathers and speed. He glided over the sizeable Terrestrial force and scanned for any signs of what they may be doing and why...

Last edited by Erendiox; 15th of July, 2004 at 01:27.
  #4  
Unread 14th of July, 2004, 07:13
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
As tiden sits back and rests, you launch into the form of the strix. Beating your wings rapidly to gain altitude without air thermals, you soar over the night sky. The eyes of the great bird pierce through the darkness and within minutes you come to find the small army of dragonblooded marching benieth the trees. Their pace has slowed since they are dragging roughly 50 mortal infantry that obviously need to rest soon. They look to be well trained troops but not quite elite enough to keep up fully with their dragonblooded officers. To be exact, there are 8 dragonblooded that you can spot in the group, easily distinguished by their ornate and colorful armor.

Judging from how far you had to fly to spot them, they are probably about 5 or 6 miles ahead of you. A distance you can easily cover by midday tomorrow but the real question on your mind is whether or not you could handle such a force? Glory is important but Cunning may be a kinder friend on this battleground.
  #5  
Unread 14th of July, 2004, 08:02
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Icarus flies back to Tiden and land's quietly beside him.

"I spied eight Dragon-Blooded warrior backed by no more than three score mortals a few miles ahead. It looks like they will be breaking soon because of the normal soldiers accompanying them. I don't know how well we'd fare against those numbers with a straight out attack... the only way to hit them would be by using stealth, and knowing you, that's out of the question. What do you think, wolfbreath?" Icarus said with a smile. He plopped down next to Tiden thinking about what to do.

Last edited by Erendiox; 15th of July, 2004 at 01:28.
  #6  
Unread 14th of July, 2004, 12:43
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
The last remark put a smirk on Tidens face even though he tried to ignore it.

I believe that our best option is to wait for them to be in a battle. Then we can strike the dragon blooded and their band of weaklings while they are vulnerable. I believe that would be our best choice of action when the time comes. But for now we should just follow at a safe distance. Theres no need to rush into the fray.
  #7  
Unread 14th of July, 2004, 23:26
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
"Well I think that I'll scout ahead a little more, and see if I can find what they are looking for. I'll travel in war form so I can move quickly, though I'll have to soar close to the ground if I want to see anything. I'll travel with haste... see you in a bit."

Icarus took off again, wanting to get as much information about the enemies movement and quarry as possible.



[In war form, Icarus has double speed running, flying, etc.]

Last edited by Erendiox; 15th of July, 2004 at 01:28.
  #8  
Unread 16th of July, 2004, 12:43
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Your magnificent war form launches like a rocket into the night sky. Unlike in your normal hawk form, you have the strength and flexiblity, no to mention the wingspan, to grab massive speed with each flap of your wings and you cruise at twice the speed of any normal bird of prey.

Focusing your efforts on avoiding detection as well as looking ahead for the Dragonbloods quarry, you dive down low to get a good look at things. As you expected, the small army has stopped to rest. You glide nearby, undetected. Deciding to look a small way ahead to see if you could find anything, you dart off into the distance.

Its so dark out. You can see very little, if anything. Making out the ground is difficult, and finding anything in this huge forest at night is impossible. At least, that is what you think to yourself....

You look around for a good quarter of an hour with absolutely no luck but as you are about to give up and turn back, chance throws you a lucky coin. A moving figure catches the corner of your eye. No. Two figures, just barely noticable. As you move in closer for a better look, you see one of them is on four legs. There is a woman carrying the reins of a horse, walking toward the summit of a large mountain. Upon some closer inspection, you see she carries a very large weapon with her. Any other details will be impossible to make out without getting closer and risking discovery.

  #9  
Unread 16th of July, 2004, 21:19
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Upon seeing this, Icarus smoothly lands and assumes the form of a deer, curious but innocent. If he could just get an idea about who this mysterious rider was, he could head back to Tiden and they could figure out what to do next...


[Dex (4) + Stealth (3) to stay out of sight: 1 5 6 7 7 8 9 : 4 successes]

Last edited by Erendiox; 17th of July, 2004 at 11:41.
  #10  
Unread 17th of July, 2004, 12:16
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
You land a safe distance away from the unknown stranger, and approach on foot, careful not to seem too apprehensive for a deer. Getting up close while keeping hidden, you see the woman is tall, with a thick, built frame, unusual for a woman. She wears mostly simple tan clothing with a breastplate hidden underneith her black tunic. She herself is very tan with brown eyes and short, blonde hair. There is some fresh blood on her armor and clothing, indicating a recent wound and her right arm hangs unusually limp at her side. She also holds the reins of the horse in her left hand, indicating that her right side is most likely injured. The horse she is leading is truely beautiful and looks very strong.

Strange.

Strapped to her back is a truely MASSIVE maul. Your lore knowledge flashes back to you. Yes.... you recognize that out of an ancient book you once took the time to read....That is a Grand Goremaul this woman carries, made of an Orichalcum alloy....... And her armor sheens a whiteish glow. Also Orichalcum....

But... Orichalcum is the sacred metal of the Solar Exalted... To wield such a weapon she would have to be......

That when you see it. She turns her face in your direction and the appropriate angle reveils itself to you. A Solar caste mark glows on her forehead. Faint, but still visible due obviously to recent use of essence. Her mark is the caste of might. The caste of battle. The Dawn Caste.

Last edited by Erendiox; 17th of July, 2004 at 13:01.
  #11  
Unread 17th of July, 2004, 12:37
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Icarus' heart begins to beat. He forces himself to wander calmly to a safe place and get ready to bring the news to Tiden. If it was an injured Solar Exalted the Dragon Bloods were hunting, then he and Tiden has to do something to stop or at least stall the enemies. Without a wasting a second, Icarus shot through the trees and over to Tiden, willing himself to go as fast as his wings could carry him.



[Spending 5 Essence to activate the Full Moon power, double speed, which stacked would equal triple speed, I think]
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Erendiox; 17th of July, 2004 at 13:11.
  #12  
Unread 17th of July, 2004, 13:16
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
You speed back to your resting place as fast as your wings can carry you. The Dragonblooded are resting for the time being so you have some time before action must be taken but it is best that you get your act together right now. You land quickly next to Tiden, who is startled by your rushed return.
  #13  
Unread 18th of July, 2004, 05:44
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
After seeing Icarus travailing at such immense speed Tiden wondered what would bother him enough that he have to go so fast.

"Icarus why were you going that fast?" Tiden exclaimed with a lot of excitement and a little worry in his voice. "Did you find the source of the dragon blooded's search....or are you being followed." As he says this last comment glances behind Icarus at the thought of a battle.
  #14  
Unread 18th of July, 2004, 08:41
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
"Time is of the essence, my friend," said Icarus hastily. "I have discovered at least one other Child of the Gods. This one happens to be an injured Dawn Caste Solar. I assume that the Dragon Bloods are following this Solar in their so called 'Wyld Hunt.' I don't know exactly what the best course of action would be, but we must at least deter to Dragon Bloods if not appear to the injured Solar and defend her. The Solars are our charges, Tiden, as told by the elders!"

Icarus took a moment to let what he said sink in. "Listen, Tiden; we must act now before the Dragon Blooded regiment breaks camp, or we will not gain the element of surprise. At this point we have enough time to develop a decent strategy... get thinking!"
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #15  
Unread 18th of July, 2004, 10:42
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
"I agree that we must do something to assist the solar. the wild hunt is a disgusting practice and anyone targeted by it has my assistance..... do you think that you could find the dawn again? If you can than I think that the best choice of action would be to sneak around the dragon blooded encampment and try to meet this wounded solar female."
  #16  
Unread 18th of July, 2004, 11:11
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.08 per day)
Icarus looked up at the slowly lightening sky and shifted into war form. "Dawn will arrive in little over an hour, so we must hurry! We will hopefully manage to cut around the Dragon Bloods in a wide arc and arrive at the mountain base where I saw the Solar by dawn at the latest. If we hurry we might be able to avoid being delayed... let's go!"

Without another word Icarus left, sprinting through the forest in his war form.
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Eternal; 19th of July, 2004 at 02:59.
  #17  
Unread 19th of July, 2004, 07:22
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Without hesitation Tiden started to follow Icarus in his own war form letting him take them to the area that he saw the solar female last.
  #18  
Unread 19th of July, 2004, 12:19
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
You both race round the dragonblooded encampment in a wide arc with the speed of bloodhounds and the amazing stealth of the predator. Reaching the place where Icarus saw the injured Dawn last, you quickly make your best attempt to find her tracks. Between your combined efforts, her prints upon the forest were found and followed. You two are truely of luna's chosen.

After a short time of following the Dawn's prints, you find they lead into a cave that resides in the steep slope of the nearby peak. As you approach the cave, surely enough there she is, with another woman as well, standing in the mouth of the cave. Her blonde curls throw soft light against her tan skin and deep brown eyes as her gaze moves slowly from her companion to rest on two massive beasts. The other woman, seeing the wide eyed, open mouthed expression of the the injured Dawn, turns to face you both as well. Her intense and beautiful green forest eyes startle you...

[OOC: This thread is officially closed. No more posts should be made here. At this point, a new thread, where both the solars and lunars will post, will be made.]
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 16:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren