Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

Unread 2nd of March, 2006, 11:32
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

Member: #832
Tiden was shocked. Recalling the strange animal tracks and tell markings on the cat, it should have been obvious. He was angry at himself for not noticing sooner.

Tiden takes a good look at Kami, noting how young she looks. He thinks on this, remembering that Lunars can transform into any person they have consumed, making themselves older or, in this case, younger than they really are.

Has she devoured a child of that age? Is that really her true form and why was she spying on us?

Tiden stares at Kami, addressing Lacuna but never taking his eyes off the newcomer.

"As far as I knew it was only the 4 of us... Kami was it?... why were you following us? Why do you show yourself only now Nain-ya?

A low growl rose up in the back of Tidenís throat as he questioned the foreign lunar.
Unread 6th of March, 2006, 10:01
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
Silver Wind was surprised, something that seemed to be happening with increasing frequency these past few days. ANOTHER Lunar had just appeared, this one the cat that they had found in the forest. Silver Wind couldn't help but wonder if there was something about either Shaedra or herself that drew Luna's Chosen to them.

In any case, judging from Tiden's reaction to Kami's appearance, it was stictly a Lunar matter and she shouldn't involve herself in it.

Silver Wind looked at Lacuna. "I don't know of any other Exalted following us, no," she responded to the Dragon-Blooded. She turned her ettention back to the confrontation playing out before her, wary of a fight breaking out.
Unread 7th of March, 2006, 15:27
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #663
Turning to the one who addressed her and attempting to remain calm and hide the tension she was feeling, she responds. Her forehead creases involuntarily at the unfamiliar term 'Nain-ya'

"I was not following you, it was the need for shelter and refuge from those who have persued me since Nexus. It was a hard run for I am grateful for the shelter you and your companions have provided."

Shifting slightly and adding hesitantly, looking over at the two women, "I guess I also wanted some company. I'm not cut out to be a loner."
Unread 8th of March, 2006, 12:37
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

Member: #832
Tiden let himself relax a bit.

Perhaps she hasnt been found by the Silver Pact yet. She may have newly exalted...

"Kami, have you met any Lunars besides us? Did the Silver Pact find you?"

He glances at Icarus, wondering what he thought about the new lunar amongst them.
Unread 9th of March, 2006, 13:41
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

"Lunar? Is that what I am called now? I take it then, that you can change form just as I? I've introduced myself, I think it only fair that you and your companions do the same."
Unread 10th of March, 2006, 06:27
Eternal
Wight

Member: #745
Icarus watched the proceedings with subdued surprise, just barely managing not to show alarm at their newest companion. How could this have escaped my notice? Waiting for somebody else to answer the Dragon Blood's questions, Icarus studied Kami. This wasn't that much of a problem, however if people kept showing up, it would. Icarus glanced around at the others and didn't notice any other forms appearing out of thin air. He let his eyes drift back towards Kami and then to Tiden, who was taking control of the situation.

"Kami, is it? I'm sure we are pleased to meet you, if not a little offput by your sudden appearance. If it is true that you do not mean harm then we are surely in welcome of your company. However, you have not been associated with the Silver Pact yet, and you have a lot to learn. For now, I, Icarus, and my companion Tiden with educate you on who you are and what you can do, if you are willing."
Unread 10th of March, 2006, 06:40
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

"I mean none of you any harm, as if I could offer a fight to any gathered here. As for your offer of education, what more is needed? Instinct seems to have shown me the way thus far and indeed led me to you... and to her. Just why is this Dragon Blood so friendly to Anathema like us?"

Kami frowns at Lacune, teasing loose wisps of hair back over her ears and away from her eyes shifting uncomfortably from one foot to the other.
Unread 10th of March, 2006, 13:25
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Member: #672
Lacuna frowns back at Kami, obviously more relaxed and open with her feelings.

"I think perhaps you should ask the other way around stranger. They took ME in..."

She takes a few steps toward Kami, then stops and looks around at everyone.

"Besides, what reasons do we really have to stay enemies... I don't care what the realm thinks anymore. Long ago our people stood together."
Unread 10th of March, 2006, 14:42
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Silver Wind nodded with Lacuna's statement. "No one here is an enemy to any one of us. There is no reason to be so distrustful of one another. The Wyld Hunt is chasing all of us, and so it would do us best to simply trust one another."

Silver Wind looked at the new girl, Kami. Hadn't she mentioned that she was from Nexus? "And you," Silver Wind spoke to the girl in Riverspeak, "are not the only one here who has been chased out of the Scavanger Lands by the Dragon-Blooded Host. Or been subjected to their relentles pursiut. So do not think your situation is so desperate you cannot trust anyone. Especially someone who might have information that can help you avoid your enemies."
Unread 10th of March, 2006, 16:05
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

Member: #665
Shaedra held back a little from the group, still not sure what to think of all the new developments. She hoped Silver Wind knew what she was doing, inviting the blue-robed Dragon Blooded woman named Lacuna into their group. After all, Lacuna did admit to trying to kill her.

"Oh well, I have the feeling that Silver Wind really does know what she is doing. And I also get the feeling that I can deal with anything that this Lacuna might try... I hope." Shaedra thought to herself as she listened to her companions talk.

Unread 12th of March, 2006, 23:05
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Kami nods reluctantly, seeing the point that Silver Wind was making, that she was not the only one being pursued or to have suffered pain and loss. Looking up at Lacune she offers a small nod of the head "I will let your actions speak for you and show us all your intentions."

Talking to Silver Wind once more: "May I travel with you for awhile?"
Unread 21st of March, 2006, 07:22
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Silver Wind hesitated at the girl's request. Normally she would have agreed on the spot, like with Tiden and Icarus, welcoming the addition of more Exalted to fight the Wyld Hunt off with. But Tiden and Icarus seemed almost hostile to the girl, and Icarus had mentioned something about educating her and something called the Silver Pact. What was that? Some sort of Lunar secret society?

Actually, now that she thought about it, the two Lunars might be against the idea of refusing her request to let her travel with them. If that was the case, then it would be best to let her travel with them after all.

Even though she had slept quite well last night, Silver Wind was starting to feel like she had been running at full speed since she'd first meet Shaedra.

Silver Wind looked at the girl and then nodded. "Very well," she said in Low Realm so everyone understood her. "You too may travel with us."
Unread 22nd of March, 2006, 16:53
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

With that said, the six of you join together as one, some of you feeling uncomfortable with others, but all of you taking sanctuary in numbers. You move on hurriedly, Lacuna making it clear that their Realm pursuers were not far behind. Through the edges of heavy grass a mountain range can be seen in the distance. You all will have to pass through this terrain to make your way toward the threshold.

Not long after departing, Lacuna moves near Silver Wind, giving her a firm look.

"There are some things that you should know."

She then begins to divulge. Why there was such a huge Realm presence here. What their mission was. She obviously has no qualms with foiling their plans.

"You all probably think you're being chased by the Wyld Hunt, dispatched after the prophets forsaw your arrival. Well, the truth is you're only half right. The Realm soldiers that attacked you on the outskirts of Chiaroscuro were part of a hunting party, but the group ... the group that I was a part of... was on a completely different mission. In fact, we didn't know of your presence, or that the hunt had chased you inside the caves until we bumped into them ourselves. It was deemed necessary by my superiors to eliminate you all before our primary objective could be completed, so since the hunt had suffered significant losses, we formed a mixed unit. Thats why there is such a strong force after you. The realm would never have sent out such numbers to deal with "anathema". Their resources are too scattered. What they WOULD send a large force to do is to recover something lost... something that could turn the fortunes of a single house... in this case, Mnemon is getting ambitious..."

Lacuna's expression turns to anger as she mentions house Mnemon. While at first she was talking only to Silver Wind, the rest of you edge in on a well deserved explanation for the last 48 hours.

"It turns out that Mnemon's great great grandfather constructed a powerful weapon over 1000 years ago, a weapon that was lost in a battle over demanses in the threshold. It's been lost, until now. She seems to have somehow gathered information that's led her to it. I hate her... She's horrible, always thirsting for more power. Mnemon getting her hands on this artifact would bring her that much closer to taking control of the realm."

She looks down, recalling something as she speaks.

"And that's what my mission was. Much to my misfortune, I got tacked onto a group of Mnemon warriors as their sorcery support and we journeyed out here to recover an artifact that was guarded by elementals... and we ran into you."

She pauses, letting her words sink in.

"Theres something else... something that makes this far worse... the Realm shouldn't be following us. If they had their artifact they would've left us alone. The only reason they'd be tracking us is if they thought we had it..."

Her expression turns frightful as she turns to looks Silver Wind in the eye.

"I can see none of you are carrying it... so if you don't have it..."

Her words are cut short as unexpected lightning sears the open sky. You all stop, your attention torn to a bead of red rising, expanding, starkly contrasting the blue horizon. Lacuna's eyes widen. She turns to Shaedra, fear in her eyes.

"Can you feel that? It's horrible..."

A storm brews. The wind, no longer soothing, batters down on you with oppressive gusts. The smell of the plants, the field, fades away instantly, replaced by something purely putrescent. The red bead is now the size of a cloud, blocking the sun's rays. It grows dark as it expands, surrounding you. Small critters run underfoot, skittering away from the storm. It begins to rain, not the gentle spring shower from which all life springs... but an otherwordly torrent of blood.
Unread 22nd of March, 2006, 16:54
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

***THREAD CLOSED***

Please resume posting in Chapter 2