Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 17th of May, 2006, 05:42
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Inside the Second Cave (Ch. 2)

Icarus snaps into action, summoning up his fiery bow and launching arrows at your shadowed foes. They react with an uncanny grace that chills the bone. The first of the two ducks and fades, his form disappearing completely into cloud of dark smoke, your arrow meeting nothing. Concentrating on the offense you turn your last two shots at the one you can still see. His form mutates in the same fashion, trailing thick black smoke as he moves. One shot seems to strike him, only to pass through his seemingly incorporeal body. The next meets him, an audible crash and sizzle of charged essence echoing into the distance. You can't see much through the black haze of magic, but his body language tells you he's been hit and injured. A sudden chill down Icarus' spine warns of an unsettling danger.

Tiden coils for an attack, takes a step forward and hesitates as his target suddenly dematerializes. Your eyes sift through the haze of rain, hunting for your opponent. Instincts that you have only begun to understand guide you back toward your companion, a sideward lunge saving Icarus a cold dagger's intent as you hurl yourself at the dark figure who had reformed behind him. Your claws extend and meet the dark man's armor, shredding cloth and padding as you miss his skin, ever so slightly. You push him backward with your ferocity, multiple attacks forcing distance between him and Icarus. His fluidness makes him difficult to strike but you can sense you're stressing his limits.

Silver Wind springs into action. Her bow already in her hand, she rushes over to Lacuna even as the woman starts shouting for help. Her hand flies forward and grasps the unnatural arrow's shaft even as it continues to wriggle its way further into the Dragonblood. Yanking with all her might, the arrow comes loose, still wriggling in Silver Wind's hand. Lacuna recoils in pain, but now with the arrow out of her, turns with resentment toward the one who had injured her so. Silver Wind knocks the ill-mannered arrow and fires, the bolt lit with determination. It strikes him, lodging itself inbetween two armor plates. The man finches but seems otherwise unhurt. Your disappointment is cut short as the arrow comes back to life again, not hesitating to burrow into the flesh of it's own master.

While the dark one with the bow is preoccupied with his own defense, the other has plans. He takes a step backward and pulls Icarus' arrow from his torso. With his other hand he reaches into a pocket to find a malicious little device. It's a metal trinket, the size of a knife's handle, rectangularly shaped. It sports a small red button on top. He lifts the device into the air, grins, and pushes it.

The mouth of the cave explodes, a fiery blast blinding everyone momentarily as dust and rock fly about. A rock slide yards thick blocks the way as the entrance collapses. Icarus and Tiden, as well as the two dark men, are outside the cave. Shaedra, en route with a mighty charge, ends up on the outside of the cave as well. Kami, Silver Wind, and Lacuna, however, are trapped in the complete darkness of the tunnel. Aside from the muffled sounds of battle outside, you all can hear something approaching from within the cave.

[stunt dice: Silver Wind 7,7,4,3 - Initiative: Kami 11, Shaedra 7]
  #2  
Unread 18th of May, 2006, 05:33
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
Sneezing and blinking with her eyes watering, she glances at the blocked entrance outside and lets loose a long yowl of despair for her new companions, especially Shaedra. Disturbance of the air in this cavern alerts her to the presence of another, that they are not entirely alone inside. Knowing that their chances of getting out of this cave alive if it should this being prove hostile, Kami grimly darts forward around this new-comer, hugging the cave wall and sticking to the looming shadows.

[OOC Using my previous stealth roll]
  #3  
Unread 22nd of May, 2006, 13:48
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Keeping close to the cave wall, Kami moves quietly, her form ever innocent and small. There is no light, save for a few dim streaks that shine through the wall of rock. The smell of dust and combustibles are overwhelming. Even with your cat senses, information about what is around you is vague at best. As the figure steps closer, you can start to hear a man's labored breath over the sounds of battle outside. The man coughs hoarsely, the sound of his breathing alone enough to sicken. His breath, on the other hand, more exuberantly fulfills the gag reflex as his aroma transverses the cave. Kami has successfully maneuvered behind the man without his awareness; a combination of the size of the cave, which is about 20 feet wide, and the size of Kami, which is about 20 inches long, not to mention Kami's excellent ability to remain unnoticed. The man stops suddenly at this point. Silver Wind, while she can't quite see anything, could swear that the stranger has locked eyes with her. His voice echos off the wet walls in very plain low realm.

"Oooohhh.... preeety eheh ... hehe ... preeety laady ..."

He has the voice of the proverbial George with the apparent IQ of an ox, although the rest of him doesn't quite compare with the idiom of a gentle giant. While you have no idea how he can see you in this blackness, his eyes seem to give off a weirdish glow.

[Current conditions are blind - Subtract two successes from all relevant actions - Initiative: Silver Wind 15, Kami 12, Lacuna 11, Stranger 5]

Last edited by Erendiox; 22nd of May, 2006 at 13:56.
  #4  
Unread 23rd of May, 2006, 05:55
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind gulped as she looked around the now-darkness of the cave. Well, it would be enterely dark if it wasn't for those hazy, almost invisible eyes that punctuate the darkness. Which only made what the stranger said even more disturbing. A shudder went down her back at his words. It wasn't so much what he said so much as it was the way that he said it. She had never heard someone who's mind had decided to leave their body, but if she had to make a guess, this was how an insane person would sound.

The fact that his statement was directed at her was what made her shudder.

Deciding that letting the room remain in darkness would do anything but help her, Silver Wind drew a small bit of the essence around her and channeled it through her aura, making it glow and illuminating the cave.

Her bow was held tightly in her hands.

[OOC: Spending 1 peripheral mote to activate my anima banner to the 8-10 range.]
  #5  
Unread 30th of May, 2006, 03:43
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
A sudden and powerful light causes the stranger to reel backward. He clasps at his eyes and yelps in pain as Silver Wind's aura casts a pale glow. Immediately you all can see his features. Ashen, dirty fingers cover his similarly rumpled face. Curly black hair mats the top of his head, and tattered animal skins adorn his body. He's a skinny man, a bit bony in appearance, and, from what you can gather from his meager appearance, he seems rather harmless. He backs up further, holding out one hand in protest, shielding his eyes with the other.

"The liight!...eh...Too briiight... make stop... pleease..."

[Lacuna has spent her action defending Silver Wind. Kami, you may take your combat action if you feel it necessary. Otherwise, if nobody has any objections, combat will cease]
  #6  
Unread 4th of June, 2006, 15:28
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
Squinting as well at the sudden burst of golden fire rippling from Silver Wind, the lithesome cat swirls and shifts form into that of a 16 year old girl once more. Holding one grime-stained hand against the brightness of Silver Wind's anima, she covers this hapless man from behind where she will have the advantage should he react in a negative way.

[OOC Spending 1 mote to shift to true form]
  #7  
Unread 8th of June, 2006, 05:28
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind hesitated at the strangers words. On the one hand, the man looked harmless, relatively. But he also seemed to have the advantage of being able to see in the dark. Making her anima dissipate might be best in terms of diplomacy here, but if they needed to fight it would be best to keep it flaring so they could see.

Diplomacy has worked so far. Even the Dragon-Blooded knew to listen to reason.

Silver Wind willed her anima to die down, knowing it would go far faster than if she had poured essence into it instead of simply "twitching" it, as she thought of it. As the light began to fade, she finally spoke, using the stranger's choice of low realm.

"Who are you?"
  #8  
Unread 10th of June, 2006, 11:59
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The man slowly removes his hands partially from his face, squinting his eyes still, as even Silver Wind's caste mark seems to bother him. His eyes have an eery orange sheen to them, and he speaks in a nervous, stuttering tone.

"I... I's just... just yada... Yada, names Yada... I's just goin... goin to da top... da top... yea, da top cause the boys dared me.... yea, the boys... dared yea.... the boys dared me to... I... uhh... I's didn't know the top... was uhh... so shiny... and uhh... bri... bright. The bri-bright... no like, eyes huuyrt."

He peers Silver Wind and Lacuna over, breathing deep and heavy. His eyes seem curious, perhaps with a hint of maliciousness.

"Umm... who is you two... and do you... uh... know where I find some greenies?"
  #9  
Unread 19th of June, 2006, 08:48
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind didn't know how to react to this situation. So much of what this man, if he could be called that, barely made any sense. The rest of it didn't make any sense at all, at least not to her. She didn't even know if this man was allied with the two outside or if it was just a coincidence. She needed more information.

"I am Silver Wind," she said in response to his question, wondering if the man could understand complicated concepts or not. She decided to keep it simple for now at least. "If you tell me what a greenie is, I might be able to help."
  #10  
Unread 19th of June, 2006, 13:56
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Yada looks at you blankly for another drawn out moment, posing the question as to whether or not he understood you at all. Nevertheless, he manages a stuttered response.

" Gre, uh... Greenies is uh... eh... the green... the gro... err... one dat... gru...groowwssssoou.... outsi..duh. yea, outsiduh. heh... Aint... uhh... aint no gre... eenies at da bottom."

A sudden sound startles you all. Muffled but still strong, what seems to be an explosion rumbles through the rock barrier, obviously a result of some clashing forces in the battle just outside. Another strong bang follows, accompanied by cries of battle. Yada shouts and backs away a step. His left hand grasps the top of his head, his right points in the direction of the noise, and his expression turns to a mock disbelief. The entire motion could almost be described as comical.

"Whooooaaaa! ... uhh... eh.. is that a greenie!?!"
  #11  
Unread 10th of July, 2006, 03:44
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind spun towards the caved in entrance at the sound. The battle was still going on outside. And from the sound of it, it was a battle far more dangerous than the one with the Dragon-Blooded. What had caused that sound? Had one of her friends been seriously hurt? Silver Wind had many questions, but no answers and no way of finding them any time soon. Exalted though she may be, she wasn't sure if she was strong enough to get through the collapsed entrance.

But dammit she had to try! If she couldn't even help her friends, then what good was the power that the Unconquered Sun had given her? So far it had only brought herself and those around her pain, with little to show for it.

"No," was all she said, in respons to Yada's question. Then stepped over to the collapsed entrance and attempted to pick up a rock, trying to throw it out of the way of the entrance.
  #12  
Unread 5th of August, 2006, 07:29
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Yada is disappointed and turns to the others, asking them if they might help him find what he's looking for. Lacuna seems impatient as she speaks to him.

"Listen friend... our companions are in danger and we're trapped in this cave. Unless you know another way out of here or a way to move all these rocks, we can't help you."

Yada nods slowly.

"oo...ook....well...umm...gre..greenie air.... smeals like... this ways..."

He points back nervously into the darkness of the tunnel.

Lacuna turns to Silver Wind and a look of sorrow crosses her face. Walking to her, she puts her hand on Silver Wind's shoulder and gives a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm worried about them too, but I think everything is going to be ok. The demons may have separated us, but they got the toughest of the warriors out there. The three of them can take care of themselves. In the meantime, I think our new friend may be able to guide us out of here. We should trust him."

  #13  
Unread 5th of August, 2006, 09:21
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
At Lacuna's words, Silver Wind stopped her futile attempt to dislodge the rock and looked at the Dragon-Blooded's hand. She was right, of course. There was no way that she could move all these rocks, and the three people outside were the most capable warriors Silver Wind had ever met. But that didn't change the fact...

Silver Wind nodded and rested her hand on Lacuna's. "You're right. We need to find another way out. And he seems to be our best chance for that." Silver Wind glanced at the wall of rocks in front of her once more. "And they can take care of themselves."

Silver Wind moved over to Kheervis then, taking his appearance in. Her Familiar's glorious coat of silver was stained in the same horrific blood that clung to her own hair. Even without actively tuning to his senses, she could taste the slight coppery taste of blood when it dripped into his mouth, and the smell of blood was tickling her own nose, which meant it was almost overpowering for him. And of course if Yada's smell was assaulting her own senses...

Silver Wind began to softly caress Kheervis' mane with one hand, while she ran the fingers of her other hand over his stained coat. She whispered calm words of kindness to him in Riverspeak as she looked him over, using a Charm her years of horse rearing had simply taught her intuitively when she Exalted. Silver Wind looked the Finest over, searching for any injuries and looking for the slight ticks of nervousness that would indicate Kheervis' mental state to her.

[OOC: spending 1 peripheral mote to use Master Horesman's Eye.]

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 12th of August, 2006 at 04:40.
  #14  
Unread 31st of August, 2006, 13:12
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Silver Wind

Kheervis assures you he is fine, and by all means the finest has little more than a few scratches on him from todays events, but your magic looks deeper. Inside you sense looming restlessness and fear, feelings that Kheervis would have you believe did not exist. You know your friend well. Any normal horse would have near lost its mind under the red rain. Still, he is thoroughly shaken. Only pride and concern for you keeps him from showing it.

Kami

You've been watching all this intently, gathering what you can from the thin wisps of light and the remnants of Silver Wind's caste mark. Somehow it's been easier to see in the dark ever since you were reborn. Your eyes move over your companions. Silver Wind stands with her head hung slightly, the light illuminating what little silver is left visible between the red-brown filth that rained from the sky. Her troubles seem apparent, as well as her concern for Kheervis. They're strong, the two of them, but this whole ordeal has been trying. You look over Lacuna, her blue robes tattered to reveal a hint of jade armor underneath. What a surprising addition she's turned out to be. For a realm trained Dragonblooded, especially one trained specifically to kill anathema, she seems to care so much. She's not like the others.

Your eyes move over your new friend. It's difficult to get a good look at him. His figure and clothing seem to naturally sink into the shadows.

"C-come... come this wwaaay... thi... thinkns.... uh..eh... nuthur wayee... dis wayy..."

Yada takes a step and motions into the cave. It's then that you notice something different as he moves into a ray of light. His skins are covering most of his left arm, while his right arm is sleeveless and completely bare skin. You can see what looks like scales shining out from inbetween the threads of cloth on his left. You don't quite know what that means, but it's another unsettling part of your new friend.

  #15  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 06:33
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Why do you seek to test me so Unconquered Sun?

"Oh Kheervis," Silver Wind whispered to her friend. She placed her hand on one side of the Finest's head and pressed his face against her own. She felt the blood still drying in his coat against her skin and knew that some of it would come away on her face. But she didn't care anymore. She was tired and her friend even more so, and right now she just wanted to be with him, to comfort him. He had stayed with her through so much, and it was only his great will that kept his natural instincts in check, if only barely. All because of his loyalty to her.

Why do you place me in such a situation, where those I love and care for are made to suffer for my sake?

"Kheervis, I'm so sorry. I never meant for any of this to happen, least of all to you. Not the Dragon-Blooded, not this journey, nothing. And now I've--." Silver Wind choked on the rest of her words. Her heart was shattering at the thought of her friend suffering like this. She wanted to cry, so that her tears might wash the blood and anguish off him. But she was so tired from this all, and not a single drop would come. She had no tears to cry, even for the anguish of her closest friend.

Why did you not give unto me the power to wash the sorrows of others away?


Silver Wind drew in a ragged breath and continued, "And now I've brought you into this place, where the sky rains not water but blood, and I...and I..."

Why can you not let us return to the plains and grassland of our home?

Now the tears came. Unbidden they rose from her eyes, like a spring rises suddenly from the ground. She wrapped her arms around Kheervis' neck and buried her face in his cheek as the tears flowed from her eyes and ran down him, streaking the blood in his coat.

Why do you let your Chosen suffer so?

"Kheervis. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Silver Wind kept whispering apologizes into her Finest's cheek as she wept.

Why?
  #16  
Unread 24th of September, 2006, 05:35
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
Not liking the look of this stranger one bit but realising they have no where else to go, she moves to her other compantion, Silver Wind and her horse. Peering at the two, she gets an inkling to the bond that those two share, kindling flickering embers of memory, of HER pet and companion.

Originally Posted by red_dr4g0n94


"Kheervis. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Silver Wind kept whispering apologizes into her Finest's cheek as she wept.

Why?
Taking a deep breath and trying to hide the horror at the sudden turn in her life, she rounds on Silver Wind's soft sobs.

"Our companions stand in jeporday and peril, are you just going to curl up and sob while mortal danger threatens those you hold dear? Your friend is badly injured and you're here feeling sorry for yourself. Come on, those trapped outside are going to need our help to get out of this alive and I, at least, intend to repay those demons for the filth they've brought to this land."

Turning to the... chimera? she jabs a finger at him. "Show us a way out of here, if you know of one. I dont want to spend one minute longer in this dank cave."

[OOC Rolling Conviction: 1 4 5 10]
  #17  
Unread 23rd of October, 2006, 12:58
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind closed her tear-soaked eyes at the female Lunar's words. The older woman knew that what she spoke was the truth, but all it did was remind her of how useless her power truly was in this situation. She was not a warrior, nor a tracker, nor even a diplomat. She was simply a business woman with a slight knowledge of medicine that anyone living far from anyone else would learn in their lifetime.

Nothing that would help in this situation. And yet people still seem to turn to her, still seemed to want her along, despite all that. So it was only fair that she try and help them regardless, try and repay them for that kindness. Including Kheervis.

"Dear companion to the Sun's Chosen," Silver Wind whispered, repeating half-remembered words she had spoken before for just such a purpose. The sound reverberating throughout the cavern as she channeled essence into the words, giving them power, and she felt the connection between Kheervis and she fill with that power. "May His Light fill you with bravery and chase away the darkness of fear and uncertainty."

The bond between Kheervis and herself, that invisible connection that was always so reassuring, so warm, swelled with the power of the charm, using that connection as a conduit for the essence-laden words. Silver Wind felt the fear and doubt in Kheervis simply melt away, and some of her own misgivings fled with them.

"All right," she said, opening her eyes and looking at Kami with a face that was slightly smeared with blood minus tear streaks that ran down her cheeks. "Lets go save our friends."

[OOC: Using Spirit-Steadying Assurances on Kheervis. 3 personal.]

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 29th of October, 2006 at 08:07.
  #18  
Unread 29th of October, 2006, 09:08
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Turning away from the cave-in, 4 of you trek into the darkness. Lacuna's aspect marking glows a soft, pale ocean blue, while around her body are shining wisps that move like ocean waves, in and out of her tattered robes. It's obviously her attempt at some light. It's a gentle glow, and Yada doesn't seem bothered by it, which is good because it's the only thing allowing you all to see. It wouldn't be the first time you've seen her anima, and for Silver Wind it would bring back the memory of a desperate woman with a knife and a spear.

Yada leads the way, moving quickly despite how black the tunnel is ahead of him. Lacuna and Kami follow closely, afraid of being left behind. Silver Wind leads Kheervis just behind the Dragonblood and Lunar. After a few minutes of travel, the tunnel splits three ways. Yada pauses, takes a few long sniffs, and opts for the tunnel on the far left. Hesitantly, you all follow. The path leads slightly upward, and you all think you can see some light at the end. With daylight quickly lighting the cave as you move closer to the exit, Yada gets uneasy and shields his eyes. Upon getting within about 20 yards of the exit, he stops.

" I ... uhh.. I go no far er... eh ... liie..light too briite... bring ba...back a gree..nn.. greenie for me yes?"

Before any of you have a chance to answer, you hear a man's voice call out in low realm.

"You there! Nobody move!"

You look up to see 3 figures entering, silhouetted in the light coming into the tunnel. It's too bright to make out their faces, but you can see that two are carrying bows and the third has some contraption in one hand and a chopping sword in the other. The two men with bows stay at the entrance and have their bows at the ready. The third, who seems like the leader of sorts, takes a few steps forward and points what looks to be a firewand at you all. Your eyes have adjusted somewhat, enough to see the half angry half panicked look on his face. His clothes are covered in blood and he speaks harshly.

"I don't know how you did it... but it's rained death this day. You demons have plagued our countryside for the last time! I'll make you pay for this!"


Last edited by Erendiox; 29th of October, 2006 at 09:10.
  #19  
Unread 13th of February, 2007, 19:09
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
Sensing the reluctance and deep fatigue of her new companions, Orchid pushes herself forward to the front at the side of Kheervis, both the muzzle of the horse and her own clothes covered in the slick, ghoulish gore.

"Look at our clothes! The horse! We went into the cave to escape the nightmare raining down outside. I just want a warm fire and some clean clothes, I dont know whats happening to the land but trust me I'm not responsible for it. Please. Lower your weapon and we can help each other."
  #20  
Unread 14th of February, 2007, 04:06
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The man seems taken by surprise by the response, as if he was expecting something completely different. He lowers his firewand slightly and squints at you all. His eyes obviously adjusting, he finally responds.

"W.. Wha.. who are you people? What are you doing in here? Everyone knows that trappers occupy this area... It's not safe to be traveling the caves."

Yada seems extremely uncomfortable. He's currently hiding himself out of sight underneath Kheervis' shadow.
  #21  
Unread 15th of February, 2007, 17:05
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind felt fear at the sight of the man's weapon. Every Marukan had heard of Firewands and what they did. Because their primary use was to halt cavalry charges by incinerating horses and other mounts, all Marukani children were taught to hate those damnable weapons from the time they learned to ride a horse. No true Marukani would ever be caught dead with one of those dreaded weapons.

So for Silver Wind to actually see one, up close and actually being wielded by someone, evoked an old childhood fear in her. Her breath caught in her throat and she couldn't even move, much less speak.

Thankfully Kami didn't seem to possess such fear, either through ignorance or bravery. Her sharp words of scolding cut through Silver Wind's fear and released her breath from its self-imposed cage. Feeling her wits come back to her, a plan quickly formed in Silver Wind's mind.

Silver Wind stepped forward then, placing her hand on the younger woman's shoulder. "Please Kami," she softly said as she gently pushed her to one side, "This is what I get paid for".

"You are probably correct good sir, and we ourselves have noticed the inherent danger present in this area. However to a Scion of one of the Realm's Great Houses, those dangers are not as great a concern."

With that Silver Wind took a bow, a tradition she had learned was used in the Realm. A Dynast looking to buy one of her horses a couple of years ago had taught her a few Realm traditions. She rose and then continued.

"My name is Silver Wind. My companion, Kami," she politely gestured at the Lunar girl, "and I are the humble servants of the esteemed Sorceress Lacuna." With that Silver Wind once again bowed, only this time in the direction of Lacuna, whose anima banner still glowed slightly.
  #22  
Unread 18th of February, 2007, 16:20
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.11 per day)
Originally Posted by red_dr4g0n94 # "My name is Silver Wind. My companion, Kami," she politely gestured at the Lunar girl, "and I are the humble servants of the esteemed Sorceress Lacuna." With that Silver Wind once again bowed, only this time in the direction of Lacuna, whose anima banner still glowed slightly.
After surviving purely on adrenaline and instinct out here in the wilds, away from civilization and the artifice of society she responds instantly without thought, stiffening and turning to glare at Silver Wind for presuming to suggest that she would serve Lacuna.

Her brain kicks in a second later and attempts to disguise the intent of her defiant countenance by quickly shifting her expression to an embarressed glance at the ground, mumbling in Low Realm an apology to Silver Wind.

[OOC: rolling Appearence + Performance: 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5. ooo. bugger. ]

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 18th of February, 2007 at 16:21. Reason: Trimming quoted msg.
  #23  
Unread 26th of February, 2007, 11:39
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
While Kami attempted to cover up with a submissive apology, her reflexive reaction went way too far. Through her glare at Silver Wind, Kami's free spirit, her feline eyes, both shone through without question. In that moment, she looked as far from a servant as most likely possible. The man sees this, and his brow shapes skepticism.

"Something isn't right about you all... Come outside so I can have a better look at you."

With that he motions for you to follow as he and his two men back away from the entrance, letting you through. He makes another motion and his men lower their weapons, though he keeps his firewand held at his side.
  #24  
Unread 7th of March, 2007, 12:11
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind had expected Kami to balk a bit at her little lie. From everything she'd gather from Tiden and Icarus, Lunars seemed to have a special sort of hatred for Dragon-Blooded. She had guessed, since they hadn't sprung to attack Lacuna instead of accept her into their little group that Kami would at least be able to keep from showing it too much.

She'd guessed wrong.

Silver Wind had felt the girl's glare without even looking, the lethal ferocity in her eyes somehow boring into her. And the man certainly hadn't missed it. Not exactly how she'd intended for things to go, but it was better to keep going with the lie for now.

"Well...," Silver Wind said, not really finishing. She turned to Lacuna and gave another bow at the Water-aspect. "Only with the Lady's permission."
  #25  
Unread 14th of March, 2007, 05:24
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Only in Lacuna's wildest dreams would she ever imagine herself in a situation like this. Traveling with two Anathema, a finest at her side and a cave dweller hiding in her shadow, in the shelter of a cave to escape rain of blood, and now the anathema are her servants. How she could possibly hold her nerve... but she does. With a slow deep breath, kept silent to avoid broadcasting her tension, she straightens herself up and steps forward toward Silver Wind. With a startling change of demeanor and an expression of near indifference towards her "subjects", she speaks, half responding to Silver Wind, half announcing to everyone in the cave of her intentions. Hell, she's lived around it her entire life. What better way is there learn pomposity than to live among the Dragonbloods of the realm...

"Oh FINE, as the man pleases..."

Lacuna proceeds to almost strut forward past her companions, not even looking them in the eye as she speaks. She gestures haphazardly to Silver Wind.

"Lead my horse Silver Breeze... as it turns out I grow more tired of this cave every second..."

She then tilts her head toward Kami as she snaps harshly, quietly enough to sound like she's keeping it between the 4 of you, but obviously loud enough so that the men can hear her.

" ...and for the love of the dragons keep your mouth shut you little snot! I don't pay you for your lip! Mela's stepchild over there gets to talk, not you!"

The 4 of you step outside, squinting at the sight of daylight. You realise that you are on a ridge of sorts. You stand on a rock outcropping about 30 feet across, with the side of the mountain on one end and a steep fall on the other. Far off in the distance, you can see the edge of a town. As you expected, this area fell victim to the rain as well, puddles of blood and gore everywhere. At the very least, the rain has stopped. Lacuna turns to the leader, annoyance at her brow, looking like a foul tempered mother on the verge of beating a very unfortunate youngster. Just as the leader was about to question, Lacuna walks right up to him, her face not 2 feet from his. She points and gestures wildly.

"You! Who do you think you are, pointing that trinket around?!? Do you know who I am?!? I am Mnemon Agaris Lacuna, Fourth daughter of the lady Mnemon HERSELF! As such, you are but DIRT under my feet! Step out of my way lest my house bury you in obscurity you INSOLENT peasants! I need a bath and clean garments, NOW!"

Lacuna flares up her anima as big as she can with a roar of self centered fervor. The leader's two companions, lost for words, and quite possibly a few peripherals, back up against the cave wall in a great deal of fear. The leader, while taken aback, does not seem afraid. Nevertheless, he backs up with his men and lets Lacuna through, not taking his eyes off her. With that, Lacuna storms forward yelling a command for her servants to follow. You follow the ridge for a mile or so before Lacuna's anima dies down and the men are out of sight. The mountain is behind you now, with nothing but plains between you and a small town. With deep breath and a sigh, Lacuna runs her fingers through her hair.

Last edited by Erendiox; 14th of March, 2007 at 05:34.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 16:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren