Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > HeadHunter's Games > Resident Evil: The Raccoon City Incident

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 29th of January, 2010, 13:52
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Apple Inn - Gordon, Gus, Desmond

Desmond -

You awake from your sleep drenched in cold sweat. Your even filled with dark dreams and even louder screams. Vividly life-like in their nature. Foreboding as they maybe, you lift the drab-pattern comforter from the hotel-room bed and lurk upward gazing over to the nightstand. You notice a red pulsing glow emanating from guest use phone. You second guess picking it up, but you pick up the receiver and dial the front desk.

" Mr. Slilhnger.... how can I assist you this morning? " a female voice responds.

You immediately ask about the little red light on the phone.

" Oh Yes.... there is a message for you. You received a call early in the morning. I can play it for you if you can hold for a moment sir. "

You hold and immediately recognize the voice on the other end.

" Desmond.... I must be blunt. I will be unable to attend our scheduled meeting with the reporter. I've been called else where and will not be in town. You just tell him what you know. Everything else will pan out. When you are done, head to the Police Station and look for Marvin. You'll be safe there. I'll see you in a few days. Thanks again. "

His voice seems a little distressed. Though he seems sincere in his words.

You click the receiver down and turn on the news.

You notice something about a city-wide quarantine in effect, while the city and government officials try to get to the bottom of the virus' effects. You laugh and know full well nothing is going to happen. You've seen first-hand just how effective your employer's methods have been in this town. The truth must be revealed... and you there are people out there ready and willing to listen.

You keep the news on and wake yourself, then head to the front desk.

Meanwhile.......

Gus -

You've been enjoying your continental breakfast since a bright and early 5 am. The Bagel, Danish, and Bran Muffin crumbs still littering your table. You look at your watch and notice the hands turn to 7 am. You take another sip your coffee and finish looking over the Raccoon City Pamphlet you grabbed from Front Desk Kiosk (Check the Misc Files) when you entered the Apple Inn. You then look over at the newspaper sitting across from you. Ben was supposed to be here an hour ago. You know this is not like him. Concern begins to mount as your cell phone has not rung, and no one at the Front Desk has asked for someone with your name or description. You circled an article on the front page. You lay the pamphlet down and begin reading over the article (again in the Misc Files). Ben did sound concerned and worried over the phone. The article grabs your attention too.... You go to walk up to the Front Desk and notice another man there. You overhear the Female and a name grabs your attention.....

" Mr. Slilhnger.... this was left for you early this morning by a Mr. Bertolucci. "

She hands him a letter.

Both of You -

The letter in part reads that Ben will be unable to conduct the interview Mr. Burton setup for you. However, there should be an older looking gentlemen sitting down having breakfast that would be willing to take your story. He apologizes and says he will meet up with both of you at a later time.

I will let the both you decided how you want to introduce yourselves and conduct the interview. You can consider time to move on until you are finished.

As you finish your Question and Answer session you both notice the strong scent of smoke and burning in the air. A thin haze is building in the lobby, and you both immediately look at one another. Gus looks at Desmond as if he asks him to sit still a moment. He immediately goes to the Front Desk.

" Call 911 now..... get all your guest up and out of the hotel. There's a fire some where. Mr. Slilhnger and I will attempt to get guest up. "

Both of you immediately run down the halls and start pounding on doors screaming fire.

Meanwhile.....

Gordon -

You wake up as the Fire House Alarm blares. In the matter of a few moments you throw your fire gear on and hop on the truck. You hear something about a faulty Water Heater and the Apple Inn. The drive takes several minutes and when you arrive you notice several guest and Apple Inn Employees standing outside. You and your fellow firefighters take mere seconds to enter the hotel. You eye Len & Charlie, and they motion down to the basement level and you motion up the stairwell. You overhear several voices and people trying to find their way out from the thick smoke. You can hear some people screaming fire and pounding faintly. You motion several guest down the stairs and direct them to stay low to the ground. You make your way to the top floor, and notice two men banging on doors, trying to wake up guest and get them out of the building.

Again you all can make your introductions as you see fit. A few moments pass and the following happens.

Over the radio you hear words and screams only your deepest darkest dreams have fathomed.

" GET OUT!!! SHE'S GOING TO BL...... ....... ....."

The area around you three explodes. Wooden Splinters, ash, and thick smoke fill the hall within mere seconds. Debris and framing block your path in each direction and every door now appears locked that you can get to. There are no windows to break out either. Nothing but static responds to your radio transmissions. The three of are now stuck in a burning and crumbling building without many options.

I leave you here with a decision to figure out how you plan to escape out of the building. Feel free to discuss things in the OCC thread, IM, and email. You can also send me any questions you may have.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 31st of January, 2010, 08:59
Thomas Jefferson's Avatar
Thomas Jefferson
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member: #7911
Posts: 15 (0.01 per day)
Gus pushed himself to his feet coughing from the smoke pouring into the hallway. Turning he could see that both ends of the hallway were caved in, blocked by a mass of burning debris. He was still thinking about Desmond Slilhnger, he needed time to digest everything the man had told him. Given the circumstances it wasn't hard to force it to the back of his mind. Gus crouched and glanced around.

It looked like Desmond and the fireman unlucky enough to get caught with them were ok. Gus pulled off his jacket and pressed it against his mouth to filter some of the smoke. Of all the people to get stuck in a burning building with. Gus would have to remember to play the lotto if they survived. Hurrying over to the fireman he half waved and shouted over the roaring flames. "How's it going? Gus Gerthman, New York Times, that's my good friend Desmond. For once in my life I didn't need a cop! So what's the plan chief? How we gonna get the hell outta here?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 1st of February, 2010, 02:01
lotuscorpse's Avatar
lotuscorpse
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7868
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 25 (0.01 per day)
"Well guys we don't have a lot of time as you see so lets start knocking down these doors to see what we can find. Either a secure phone line, a window to a fire escape, stairs leading downward; something. Right now my life and your lives depends on us working together as a cohesive unit to get out of here with little to no injuries at all. Let's get cracking guys."

From this point Gordon will find what seems to be the most structually sound door and try to kick it in or chop it down with my axe. In the sense of trying to keep walls and doors upright.

Skill check roll for Engineering (Construction) = 14
__________________
Nothing like the smell of Fresh Napalm in the morning.

Last edited by lotuscorpse; 1st of February, 2010 at 02:22. Reason: Forgot to add rolls for skill check.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 8th of February, 2010, 08:24
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Gordon seemingly knocks down the door with effortless ease. What debris impeded your way is now easily traversed over the knocked down door. Gordon immediately heads for the door and Gus looks for windows. Gus realizes almost instantly its an interior room. There is no window or windows. Gordon picks up the phone and gets no dial tone. Gus and Gordon look at one another and Gordon takes his axe and begins to bust out the back wall.

Need some rolls when you get the chance. Gus and Desmond feel free to expand on your roles. Left it open so you guys could work in your previous post together.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 9th of February, 2010, 10:13
lotuscorpse's Avatar
lotuscorpse
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7868
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 25 (0.01 per day)
What rolls do I need to make? Looked through both books and really can't find what I need to make these rolls. If you would please let me know. Thanks, Rob.
__________________
Nothing like the smell of Fresh Napalm in the morning.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 10th of February, 2010, 12:40
lotuscorpse's Avatar
lotuscorpse
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7868
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 25 (0.01 per day)
Roll for that action is a 14. (7+7)
__________________
Nothing like the smell of Fresh Napalm in the morning.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 13th of February, 2010, 16:04
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.12 per day)
Desmond was not so keen he wanted to meet the reporter he had planned on meeting. Burton was keen to see this through. Burton wanted them exposed as badly as he did. After the event involving the raid he "rescued" in there was question. Men like this had to be stopped. He had a briefcase and laptop with him.

"Can we do meet and greet later?" he looked for an alarm if hadn't already been pulled..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 17th of February, 2010, 03:36
Thomas Jefferson's Avatar
Thomas Jefferson
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member: #7911
Posts: 15 (0.01 per day)
Gus looked around the room and felt useless. As Gordon hacked apart the wall Gus began going through the room looking for anything that seemed out of place. With swift practiced motions he looked into the drawers, under the pillows, under the mattresses and under the sink. The thousand little place people liked to hide their secrets.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 18th of February, 2010, 07:41
lotuscorpse's Avatar
lotuscorpse
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7868
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 25 (0.01 per day)
After knocking down the back wall, I'll start looking for anyway thing useful to our escape from this burning motel. Then go back to taking down walls if I can't find anything useful.
__________________
Nothing like the smell of Fresh Napalm in the morning.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 21st of February, 2010, 08:28
InFlames
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Member: #7971
Posts: 11 (0.00 per day)
For a brief moment Joe was sure he caught the wafting of smoke in the air. 'My mind must be screwing with me,' he thought. He turned his attention back to backpack, carefully laying the objects back inside of it in an overly neat and orderly fashion.

A tremendous explosion rocks Joe from his feet. A dull throbbing echoes through his head from where he bounced it off the wall as he landed. His thoughts are interrupted by loud smacking. As the wall crumbles apart and a fire ax comes through, he snatches up his backpack and slips a hand inside.

"What the fuck is going on!?" Joe asks the fireman.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 21st of February, 2010, 09:42
lotuscorpse's Avatar
lotuscorpse
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7868
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 25 (0.01 per day)
"Well sir if you can't tell by looking, this place is burning. Now get up and start moving we ain't got much time. You have a secure cell phone on you? Right now I need to call to have more RFD show up, the furnace in the basement blew and now she's burning to the ground. If you can start looking for ways out windows, fire escapes, secure working phone lines, stuff that can help us live here. You think you can do that for me? Or do I have to carry you outta from Trauma?"

Gordon is still going to be looking around and tearing stuff apart looking for anything useful while talking to Joe. If I can't find anything down goes another wall.
__________________
Nothing like the smell of Fresh Napalm in the morning.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 21st of February, 2010, 09:59
InFlames
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Member: #7971
Posts: 11 (0.00 per day)
"You can call me Joe. I can head out and look for a way out. I don't get service in this hotel for some reason, so my phone is crap."

Joe leans over the edge of the bed and rips a section of the bed sheet off. He shoulders his knapsack before moving to the sink and soaking the cloth. The smoke will be filtered moreso than it normally would be by tying it around his mouth and nose buying him a bit more time in the fire; though not much.

He makes a quick mental note of his location before heading out of the room and looking for an exit. Joe puts the back of his knuckles on any closed doors he runs across as he moves and passes by any hot ones.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 27th of February, 2010, 04:09
Thomas Jefferson's Avatar
Thomas Jefferson
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member: #7911
Posts: 15 (0.01 per day)
"Haha, you're funny for a Fireman." Gus said through his Jacket. "Hi Joe, Gus Gerthman, New York Times." Gus' search of the room had turned up nothing, oh well it had been a long shot in the first place. Keeping his jacket pressed against his mouth he saw Gordon eyeing up another wall with his axe. Stepping out into the hallway past Desmond Gus thought about kicking in doors with Joe. Suddenly a vision of Kurt Russel and William Baldwin running through an exploding warehouse flitted across his mind, what had been the name of that movie? Backfire? No. Backshaft? "Hehe, no."

Changing his mind Gus went back into the room, sat down on the bed and took out his cell phone. He flipped it open and dialed 911, with his other hand he picked up the rooms phone and listened for a dial tone.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 1st of March, 2010, 10:44
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Gus is amazed when his cell goes through the 911 line. However there is so much static he can't make out anything the operator on the other end says.

Joe and Gordon immediately step out of the room into the back cooridor. Several burning beams make vision fairly clear, though the smoke hampers your normal visibly to about 60%. Joe moves to the closest door on the back side. Putting his knuckles to the door it feels warm but not burning hot. He stands to open the door when a scream for help is heard from inside the room. Gordon makes his way over, and the door won't budge.

" HELP ME!!! I'M TRAPPED IN HERE. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! "

The voice sounds like a young girl, and she seems panicked.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 2nd of March, 2010, 04:29
InFlames
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Member: #7971
Posts: 11 (0.00 per day)
"GORDON!" Joe calls out and beckons him over."Bring that axe over here! Some girl is trapped back here!" The wiry nerd knows he won't be able to affect much on the door so simply gets out of the fireman's way.

A thought strikes Joe like a load of bricks. Usually these places have little maps with diagrams of fire escapes all over the damned place. He turns hunt both to finding a way out and attempting to locate one of those indicator maps.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 2nd of March, 2010, 09:29
lotuscorpse's Avatar
lotuscorpse
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7868
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 25 (0.01 per day)
"Joe, whats going on? Oh sh!t, somebody is trapped move or get run over."

Without hesitation Gordon runs to the door in which Joe is standing at, Gordon swings his axe with everything left in his body to break down the door to help this person whom is trapped.


O.O.C.
InFlames good idea on the mini maps that hotels and places of that nature have. Good thinking buddy, good thinking.
__________________
Nothing like the smell of Fresh Napalm in the morning.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 7th of March, 2010, 03:10
Thomas Jefferson's Avatar
Thomas Jefferson
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member: #7911
Posts: 15 (0.01 per day)
Sweat rolled down his face and matted his hair against his scalp as Gus pressed the receiver against his ear trying to make out what the operater was saying through all the static, from the hallway he could hear Gordon begin hacking one of the doors to reach someone else. Gus half yelled into the phone as clearly as he could, "We're trapped in the Apple Inn, at least four people maybe more! The first or second floor I think, we need help, the buildings falling apart, send more guys, send everybody! Can you hear me Lady!? Jesus Christ, I'm gonna need you to get out of the wind tunnel!"

Gus clamped a hand over his other ear, straining to make out any speech at all.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 22nd of April, 2010, 09:06
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.12 per day)
Desmond watched waiting to help. if needed he could try and pull the girl out..and he did have some medical expertise of a sort..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 27th of April, 2010, 11:06
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Gordon takes several swings with his axe. The door comes down and smoke pours out of the room. As Joe and Gordon enter the room they notice the small girl trapped under the bed. A hot, soldering piece of roof/ceiling pinning her down. She is covered in ash and coal, but both of ascertain the girl can't be any older then 12.

"PLEASE HELP ME!!! I CAN'T MOVE!!!"

Gordon motions to Joe to help the girl out as he lifts the pieces holding her down. After a few tries, Joe motions Desmond to help lift the bed or move the girl out. After a few more attempts, the 3 of you get the little girl out.

Gus gets nothing but static on the other end. After several minutes, he can finally make out something.

" TH.... OPER..... HELP.... ...... ARE.... IS ANY... ERE? "

Gus begins speaking and screaming into the receiver.

" I.. ER.. 4.... POLICE..... STAY... "

Gus looks over and notices the small girl being pulled from the room. Joe takes off down the hall to find his map. He finds one near the end of the hall, only to notice the stairwell caved in. He quickly reads the map over as Gordon & Desmond tend to the young girl. From what he can make out, all the end rooms have fire escapes.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 27th of April, 2010, 11:44
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Brian starts the day as any usual day. A cup of coffee. A doughnut. A routine patrol of the city early morning. Nothing out of the ordinary as usual. The rescent murders in the area and the "wild dog" rumors had everyone on edge. The patrol was just to make the citizens feel at ease. Brian could hardly believe "rabid dogs" were the cause for all this mess. He laughed and did is duty. Several minutes pass and finally there is a buzz over the CB.

" All available units, this is dispatch. 10-70 in progress at the Apple Inn.
10-39 is advised. Over? "

Brian immediately reports in and kicks the sirens and lights on in route to the Apple Inn.

OCC:
I'll leave it here for you decide what you want to do for now. I'll respond once you post to move you along.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 2nd of May, 2010, 06:16
InFlames
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Member: #7971
Posts: 11 (0.00 per day)
Shouldering his pack, Joe takes off back down the hall from whence he came towards the others. "Hey! All the end rooms have fire escapes! Find one that isn't burning and let's get out of here!"

He looks down at the little girl to make sure she is fairly cognizant of what is going on before taking a look down the halls towards the end rooms to find a clear path.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 2nd of May, 2010, 23:55
lotuscorpse's Avatar
lotuscorpse
Small Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member: #7868
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 25 (0.01 per day)
With the newly obtained info, Gordon grabs the little girl and starts heading for a room near the end of the building w/ a fire escape, or least trying to find a fire escape in general.
__________________
Nothing like the smell of Fresh Napalm in the morning.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 3rd of May, 2010, 19:45
Rimmerdal's Avatar
Rimmerdal
Shadow [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member: #7761
Location: Picton
Posts: 364 (0.12 per day)
"Fire escape? I like that idea..." he mutters following the group and staying with them. His familiarity with lab escape procedures was finally useful. though the Firefighter was far better suited to lead rescues and Desmond was happy to let him.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 4th of May, 2010, 09:39
Thomas Jefferson's Avatar
Thomas Jefferson
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Member: #7911
Posts: 15 (0.01 per day)
Gus scowled at the useless receiver. The phone lines must have been affected by the fire. From what he'd been able to make out it sounded like the operator had told him to stay put, haha, yeah right. Glancing over as the ash covered girl emerged from debris Gus shook his head. The damn probly knew that was bad idea.


"Fire escape sounds great right about now, lets get out of here!"


Gus grabbed his bag and took off after the others.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 7th of May, 2010, 10:54
Ragedice81's Avatar
Ragedice81
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Member: #7991
Location: america
Posts: 4 (0.00 per day)
"Ah another day begins." sipping my coffee and grimacing " and I still have no idea why I even drink this mud."

" All available units, this is dispatch. 10-70 in progress at the Apple Inn.
10-39 is advised. Over? "

"Well guess another bright and early day already. This is 6-6 I'm 10-60, please be advised we need to reroute traffic have Carl set up the 10-93."
Pulling up to the firetruck and stepping out while noticing there isn't and firefighters around I move and check the cab for either a radio or the signal sheet so I can try to contact any of the fighters.

" Dispatch call in a 10-33 we need at least another firetruck here I've got an empty emergency vehicle and going in to investigate!"
(needless to say if I have the frequency for the firetruck crew I'm calling them on their radio's and checking for a mask with air)

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 16:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren