Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > nightinverse's Games > Lempfhyr Isles

Unread 3rd of August, 2006, 20:01
nightinverse
Vampiric Dwarven Psychologist [Epic GM]

Member: #1101
Chapter 01b: Twixt Tide & Terror

The wind tore at the shelter, pulling it partially away from its moorings as the tide reached ever higher, licking the scattered footprints in the formerly dry sand with careful intent. Above the shoreline, Drake struggled against the elements as a chill set into his bones. The spell that afforded him flight drained away from as he descended, spiraling down toward the trio of seamen sprawled nearby the little fire. He was able to land amid a spray of granular particles that was soon followed by the rush of nearby water and several flecks of sea spray.

The ocean was mere feet away now, blackened tide transmitting the scent of decayed flesh though there had not been enough time for those lost in the wreck to putrify...

The flames were extinguished with an errant splash of seawater as the wind tore away the protection the group had sought to establish. One of the seamen ran into the shallows to capture the fleeing canvas only to be forced back by the icy touch of the encroaching fluid. His unclad feet were of a real blue shade as he broke and ran for the distant stone statues, barely visible in the light.

The other two seamen looked frightened as the storm clouds roled closer, striking lighting down once and again in a diabolical lack of order or pattern. One bolt arced to the face of the low cliffs, causing several rocks to fall as a scorch mark formed on the remainder.
Unread 3rd of August, 2006, 20:44
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Member: #1716
"BY IRN!" Shouted Ciaran as the lightning struck above his head, he jumped up and stuff his armor into his pack, no sleep tonight he supposed. After half-hazzardly stuffing all his armor into his pack he shouted "This shelter is no longer safe for us, we should move inland out of this storm. The lightning might hit the rocks above and cause a cave in, tha' would be bad!" Then he grabed his falchion and ran to the man who had fallen to the earth saying "You okay?"
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 06:51
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

Member: #1504
"This is terrible." Torgga says. "I guess we'll be moving out sooner than expected." She then moves over to the unconcious but alive body of Corry. Though she doesn't look like much, she easily picks him up and puts him on her shoulders. "Someone else will have to carry our stuff, but at least we're not slowing down to carry him."
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 06:59
Doomsmile
Tonzura Koite! [Epic GM]

Member: #845
Corry started to stirr. Fish... a hand through his hair...
"Mom...?" he groaned, eyes still closed, in a voice more befitting of a young, drowsy girl than a young, retired soldier. Corry's eyes opened slowly, taking in the dark cavern and strange people. He blinked a few times and shook his head as his vision came back into focus. He about to follow up with the most cliched question possible when the priest attempted to pick him up.
"Hey- hey!" he shouted, "I can walk." Corry attempted to stagger back to his feet, but halway up, his knees seemed to give out, "... I think." he added before giving it a second, much more successful shot.

Last edited by Doomsmile; 4th of August, 2006 at 07:04.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 07:27
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

"Alright, alright." Torgga then grabs her stuff and starts off toward the pillars. "What are ya waiting for?" She says when the others aren't moving.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 07:32
Jimmboe
Wraith [GM]

Member: #1785
Anif retrived his shirt and threw it on. He grabbed up his various packs and his net, moving toward the exit with each step. He bounded out of the cave past Torgga, thinking that the balance was being upset. He was very angry about that, and knew that it needed fixing. The kama at his side slapped his thigh as he walked, looking over his shoulder and shouting "Hurry up! Before the storm gets worse!"
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 07:41
Takkaryx
Toilet Flinging [GM]

Member: #776
Kara grabs the rest of her gear, tightens it on good, and follows the rest of the party out. "Perhaps now would be a good time to check out those pillars?" Kara says over the echoes of the thunder.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 08:57
Jimmboe
Wraith [GM]

He looked back at Kara. "Yes, I suppose so. I don't know much about this island, so we have to be careful. Understand?" he shouted back at the party.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 09:29
Doomsmile
Tonzura Koite! [Epic GM]

Corry was still trying to get his grip back.
"'Eyes open' careful or 'weapons at the ready' careful?" Corry asked while stumbling out after the three on unsteady knees.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 09:52
Jimmboe
Wraith [GM]

He stopped and pondered that for a moment. "Probably both," he said after some consideration. "You, however, need not worry about the weapon part. You're still a little groggy."
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 10:03
Takkaryx
Toilet Flinging [GM]

Member: #776
Kara jogs to the front. "I'll scout ahead a bit. You follow up. If I need your help, you'll know." With that, Kara goes ahead, and in a blink of an eye, silently melds into the shadows.

(OOC: Double move, with Move silent and Hide. I go 60 ft a round.)
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 12:25
Doomsmile
Tonzura Koite! [Epic GM]

"I'm a solider." Corry said, readying the central pocket of her pack for easy access, "The weapon part's my job."
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 12:36
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

"What kind of weapon do you use? I'd hope its not something that involves you getting right in the mix of things." Torgga says to Corry, still keeping an eye on the soldeir's condition.

Last edited by generaljimX; 4th of August, 2006 at 13:06.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 13:01
Doomsmile
Tonzura Koite! [Epic GM]

With military percision, Corry pulled a weapon from the center pocket of his pack- a long, re-enforced weapon nearly three times as long as the gangly soldier was tall. He snapped the pike to attention- bracing the butt-end of the weapon between the ground and his foot to lean it at slight angle. He broke his at-attention stance only enough to cast Torgga an almost smug look.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 13:07
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

"I'd say that'd do," Torgga says with a slight smile.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 14:12
nightinverse

Takk

The area was desolate between the assaulting waves and the paired stone structures - obviously crude statues. One was long and thin, topped by a rough orb of a darker stone. The other appeared to be broken in two, the base a pair of what might have been wings once with a join in the middle.

The sailor who fled was nowhere to be seen, though upon closer inspection of the ground a track of rushed footsteps could be seen stretching from the sands into more solid terrain as what might be a jungle reared up with dark foliage. Above at an angle, a structure of rock was just visible in the gloomy distance.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 14:13
nightinverse

The water forced up toward them, filling nearby indentations with a seething fury as the clouds began to scatter foul-smelling water upon the congregation.

"We outt'a go futh'r in, lads!"

With that quaint statement, one of the sailors sped off after Kara, avoiding small rocks and pits in the grain below his feet.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 14:17
Doomsmile
Tonzura Koite! [Epic GM]

"Euch!" Corry stated less than fondly, shivvering in the howling wind and moving a bit away from the now-shore, "I hope we get an all-clear soon. I've had enough swimming for today."
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 14:26
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

"I've smelled some pretty bad things before, but this is pushing it," Torgga says, speeding up quite a bit. "We need to move if we plan on staying...never mind, we're all wet. But we do need to find shelter from this Valkur-forsaken storm. I doubt its something natural..." She says this last bit while catching a bit of rain in her hand, and sniffing the water. What does Orpthia has planned for us....

OOC: Though it probably won't work, spellcraft the storm. +7 bonus to my roll.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 15:30
Jimmboe
Wraith [GM]

He breathed deeply, disliking but not minding the smell. All in the balance, after all. He continued up the hill, sliding a bit in the mud and on the slick rocks. The spires were closer. "Form up behind me!" he called. "If we hit anything dangerous, kill it fast and hard!"
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 15:48
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

"Or talk our way out fast," Torgga hollers back, forming up as asked. She slings on her shield, and is ready to draw any of her weapons.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 16:02
Jimmboe
Wraith [GM]

"Yes, fast would be much better than slow..." he said as he started to jog slowly, but going faster than when he was walking. "We have to get up there as fast as possible without dying!" he called, hoping that they would realize this already.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 16:04
Doomsmile
Tonzura Koite! [Epic GM]

Corry reached at his left pocket to find... nothing.
"Dammit!" he hissed, then with equal parts grumpiness and disciplin, adopted a second-rank position and tried to keep pace on ustable and stuff knees.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 16:10
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

Seeing that Corry was stiff-legged, and now grumpy to boot, Torgga moved closer to the man. Valkur, help this man. With that she touches Corry with her open left hand, hoping it will do some good. "Feel any better?" She says as she pulls her hand away. All the while she never breaks stride.

OOC: Channel a read magic for a cure minor wounds.
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 16:20
Doomsmile
Tonzura Koite! [Epic GM]

"Yes," Corry said, "but not in my knees- it's a chronic issue." he shrugged, "I guess I'm just not put together very well."