Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > qwerty123's Games > Time Enough At Last

Reply
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 5th of July, 2012, 03:39
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
Originally Posted by lawwnum #
OOC: I want to look for tracks first to see if that is where they went and how many we are dealing with. You can roll as I don't know what would be needed off hand
OOC: Awareness 5 + Survival 2

11
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Unread 5th of July, 2012, 03:43
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
IC: The Capt. heads off to the mouth of the mine. It doesn't take him look to located the signature boot treat of the Corsair. By his best estimate the tracks at the mouth belong to the Corsair and the Inspector.

There is also a troubling set (or sets) of tracks of something that is not wearing shoes and has claws. This set of clawed tracks goes right up to the campsite. There are too many of them, and they cross over so many times as to make it impossible to guess the true number. Who ever, or what ever made these tracks also escorted away the Inspector and Corsair from the camp.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Unread 5th of July, 2012, 11:44
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.45 per day)
Walking back into camp looking at the tracks all over the place...the Capt. does NOT look happy..

"Ok heres the deal people. It looks like Mr. Delanty's demons took Corsair and the Inspector into the mine. The track look like they walked in on their own but there are so many other tracks its hard to tell exactly how many we are dealing with."

Looking around at the little group....

"Nina, Annie you both know she would go in after us in a second. Delanty your not under any real obligation here but we do need you. We dont know what we are dealing with exactly and your the only one who kknows anything about these things here. From what Ive seeen you know the Inspector would risk himself to help your people out. And know this we WILL be coming back out...ALL of us and when we do we WILL deal with those metal men."

Giving the group one last look...

"Ok heres how were doing it, Im going in first, Annie your 2nd Nina next and Delanty your covering our rear. everyone got it? Good we move in 5 minutes."
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Unread 5th of July, 2012, 11:51
SleepyDaysDreamyNights's Avatar
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Member: #9794
Location: I'm with Waldo
Posts: 342 (0.15 per day)
IC: Nina rushes over to the Capt. and grabs his arm. "James, do you think Corsair and the Inspector are alright?"

She takes a step closer to James and looks up at him with wide eyes. "And will you be alright going in the mine before we know for sure what's in there?
__________________
"My skin is kind of sort of brownish/ Pinkish yellowish white./ My eyes are greyish blueish green,/ But I'm told they look orange in the night./ My hair is reddish blondish brown,/ But it's silver when it's wet./ And all the colors I am inside/ Have not been invented yet." - "Colors" by Shel Silverstein
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Unread 5th of July, 2012, 14:18
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.45 per day)
Looking back towards the mine for a moment...then turning back to Nina...

He reaches out and puts an amr around her as he turns her back into camp..

"Yes and yes. Corsair is a resiliant and well..sneaky woman, odds are we will find her just as she finishes making a deal for them to mine the silver for us and then destroy the metal men with some kind of weird natural ability...As for me..well I am a bit harder to kill then I look,"

Then stopping and turning her towards him and leaning in close...

"The one Im worried about is actually Delanty, he is scared to the bone and I am concerned about him ..over reacting in an emergency, like spraying bullets down the corridor we are standing in..I hate when that happens, so it is YOUR resposibility to keep an eye on him, make sure he stays with us both phsyically and mentally, ok?"

Then before she can respond properly he leans in and kisses her quickly on the lips....then smiles as hewinks at her....
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Unread 6th of July, 2012, 03:45
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
IC: Everyone gets ready in a hurry. Then they set off, just as the Capt. ordered, into the mine.

"This is know as Rattlesnake Number One," Delanty almost whispers as they enter. "As you can guess it got its name due to the fact that it switches back and forth so much." He seems like he wants to say more, but falls silent.

The entry way leads down at a gently grade and just like Delanty mentioned, it is not long before the path begins to wind this way and that. Tracks left be the demon's and their captives lead the party deeper and deeper.

Eventuall a soft glowing light can be seen in the distance. A pale golden light, leaking around the corner, almost daring the group to speed up.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Unread 6th of July, 2012, 12:01
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.45 per day)
IC: at the sight of the expanding light...the Capt calls a halt...

Quietly...

"Ok everyone huddle up, Iknow its a tad late but what can you tellus about these thingsbesides ther demons? Has anyone ever fought or killed one that you know of? And how long have they been here?"
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Unread 6th of July, 2012, 12:14
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
Originally Posted by lawwnum # IC: at the sight of the expanding light...the Capt calls a halt...

Quietly...

"Ok everyone huddle up, Iknow its a tad late but what can you tellus about these thingsbesides ther demons? Has anyone ever fought or killed one that you know of? And how long have they been here?"
IC: Delanty answers in a whisper, "No sir, I don't know of anyone who shot or even tangled with the demons. Most folk just gave them a wide berth."

Mopping sweat from his brow he continues, "Folks have always seen strange stuff here at the ole' Rattlesnake. The demons are new though, only been in the last year or so that they began to appear. Most folks just figured that this mine was cursed anyway and that finally it got deep enough to go into Hell itself"
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Unread 7th of July, 2012, 09:44
SleepyDaysDreamyNights's Avatar
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Member: #9794
Location: I'm with Waldo
Posts: 342 (0.15 per day)
IC: Nina trembles and shuffles along behind Annie Mae. When the Capt. tells the group to huddle up, Nina rushes to James and latches onto his arm with a small whimper.

"J-James, what if Corsair and the Inspector got kidnapped by demons?"
__________________
"My skin is kind of sort of brownish/ Pinkish yellowish white./ My eyes are greyish blueish green,/ But I'm told they look orange in the night./ My hair is reddish blondish brown,/ But it's silver when it's wet./ And all the colors I am inside/ Have not been invented yet." - "Colors" by Shel Silverstein
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Unread 7th of July, 2012, 11:23
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.45 per day)
IC:looking at Nina...

"Well if demons kidnapped Corsair...then I would feel sorry for the Demons. If anyone can talk or fight her way out of a sticky spot better then her, I've never heard of them. Theres a good chance they went along willingly as well lets not forget."

Then looking at from one of his companions to another...

"So remeber people, when we go in there we do NOT go in shooting randomly. Hold fire unless forced to and you have a clear shot, we dont know what effect if any bullets will have.And likely neother do they, so lets hope we wont have to find out at all. Now when we go in, Annie to my right, Delanty to my left, Nina right behind me and stay low. Keep you eyes peeled for anything unusual or odd. I'm relying on your instincts to pick out unexpected dangers. .."

Looking around one last time...

"Any questions? If not then lets go get this done..."

As everyone begins to rise, he stays down for a moment longer with Nina, giving her a reassuring pat on the hand, followed by a quick kiss on the lips...then whispers..

"Just stay low and stay safe, we will get out of this fine..."
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Unread 7th of July, 2012, 23:18
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
IC: The party steps out from around the corner and into the light. Now that they can see the source it causes an unease, especially in the Capt. Some sort of shimmering porthole is open. There is a bright crimson hole surrounded by a nimbus of golden light. The hole is big enough for a person to just squeeze through. The Corsair and Inspector are no where to be seen.

Six 'demons' are gathered around the hole, and seem to be interacting with it in some way. All of this stops when the party comes into view. The demons step back and turn toward the party. They look just as Delanty described them, red bodies almost wet looking and bright golden horns. Near the shimmering light they almost look like they are on fire.

One of the 'demons' seems to be the leader of this group and tilts his head this way and that while regarding the group, then he speaks. "There, that one! The tall one in the dark clothes, he is fuel also. Get him!" Everyone save Delanty can understand the 'demon' thanks to the TARDIS.

The six 'demons' ready to advance on the Capt.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Unread 8th of July, 2012, 12:49
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.45 per day)
IC:

FUEL???? Oh hell

Most of his questions now answered, the Capt raises his gun and fires at the leaders head..

5
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Unread 8th of July, 2012, 12:54
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.45 per day)
5 +coord 5 and Marksman 3 lucky 13
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Unread 9th of July, 2012, 06:34
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
Originally Posted by lawwnum # IC:

FUEL???? Oh hell

Most of his questions now answered, the Capt raises his gun and fires at the leaders head..

11
OOC: You hit, but only just got a success so you only do half damage.

IC: Once the Capt. opens fire Delanty is right behind him with a volley from his rifle.

11
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Unread 9th of July, 2012, 06:42
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
OOC: Delanty has a 4 in Coordination and 4 in Marksman, so that makes a 19 to hit - he get full damage. So that is 2 damage from the Capt. and 5 from Delanty.

IC: The leader of the 'demons' is hit in rapid succession from the Capt. and Delanty. He staggers back and falls on the ground, hard. As soon as he hits the dirt, three of the 'demons' hold up their hands, not in a surrendering way; but as it they are aiming at the group. Curiously they hold no weapons.

The remaining 'demons' that don't aim at the party, move over to their fallen leader and try to shield his body from any more harm.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Unread 11th of July, 2012, 07:30
SleepyDaysDreamyNights's Avatar
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Member: #9794
Location: I'm with Waldo
Posts: 342 (0.15 per day)
IC: Nina whimpers softly and does as the Capt. says, staying low and quiet.

When they come upon the 'demons', Nina bites back a scream. She covers her ears when James and Delanty's guns goes off.

Her eyes dart around the mine, looking for anything and everything that could be helpful or explain what is going on.

3 +5 awareness +5 knowledge
__________________
"My skin is kind of sort of brownish/ Pinkish yellowish white./ My eyes are greyish blueish green,/ But I'm told they look orange in the night./ My hair is reddish blondish brown,/ But it's silver when it's wet./ And all the colors I am inside/ Have not been invented yet." - "Colors" by Shel Silverstein
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Unread 11th of July, 2012, 08:05
angel of music's Avatar
angel of music
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Member: #9599
Posts: 104 (0.05 per day)
IC: Never one to be out done by the 'boys' Annie pulls her weapon of choice, drops down to one knee and fires at the "demon" in the middle.


7 +coord 5 marksman 4
__________________
"Tell me what is my life without you. Tell me who am I without you by my side" - George Harrison
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Unread 11th of July, 2012, 08:05
angel of music's Avatar
angel of music
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Member: #9599
Posts: 104 (0.05 per day)
OOC: quick question...whats the base diff for a called shot?
__________________
"Tell me what is my life without you. Tell me who am I without you by my side" - George Harrison
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Unread 12th of July, 2012, 02:50
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
Originally Posted by angel of music # IC: Never one to be out done by the 'boys' Annie pulls her weapon of choice, drops down to one knee and fires at the "demon" in the middle.


[roll0] +coord 5 marksman 4
Originally Posted by angel of music # OOC: quick question...whats the base diff for a called shot?
IC: Annie Mae fires off a round from hers shooters crouch. She hit one of the standing 'demons' and he topples over.

OOC: There are no rules for calling a shot, this game is supposed to be very combat lite. There is ever a chapter in the main book called "Guns are Bad."
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Unread 12th of July, 2012, 02:54
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
Originally Posted by SleepyDaysDreamyNights # IC: Nina whimpers softly and does as the Capt. says, staying low and quiet.

When they come upon the 'demons', Nina bites back a scream. She covers her ears when James and Delanty's guns goes off.

Her eyes dart around the mine, looking for anything and everything that could be helpful or explain what is going on.

[roll0] +5 awareness +5 knowledge
IC: The sound of gunfire in the enclosed space is deafening. Nina turns this way and that looking for something, anything that can help out. Then she spots it, a small crack in the wall. A crack just big enough for a person to fit through.

She pokes her head in and finds that the crack is just the opening, the path beyond is much wider and would be easier to travel. She has found a way, away from the 'demons'.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Unread 12th of July, 2012, 02:59
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
IC: Two 'demons' remain that have their palms pointed at the party. A white light emanates in a swirling pattern from their hands and a high pitch whine follows. The Capt., Annie Mae and Delanty all have the most excruciating head ache as a great pressure builds in their heads.

Luckily Nina had her head in the crevasse she found at just the moment the 'demons' began their sonic attack and is unaffected.

OOC: Get a Story Point Sleepy, for avoiding combat.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Unread 14th of July, 2012, 14:22
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.45 per day)
OOC: Sorry for the delay....

Now as I understand it... I think its my turn and this should be a new round...if so..


IC: As the Capt. feels the pressure building to a lvl almost unbearable...he raises hisgun even as he drops to his knees. firing another shot towards the "Demons"

5
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Unread 15th of July, 2012, 05:52
qwerty123's Avatar
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1109
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 1,194 (0.25 per day)
Originally Posted by lawwnum # OOC: Sorry for the delay....

Now as I understand it... I think its my turn and this should be a new round...if so..


IC: As the Capt. feels the pressure building to a lvl almost unbearable...he raises hisgun even as he drops to his knees. firing another shot towards the "Demons"

[roll0]
OOC: Don't worry about any delay, we aren't on any kind of time table.

However, since you have such a bad headache you will not make the shot. Perhaps you missed the gently tap of the clue bat in my previous post. It might be time to run away. Just saying....

IC: The pounding in his head from the intense pressure makes the shot from his pistol go wide. It pings off of the rock wall and harmlessly misses all of the demons.
__________________
“Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I’d strike the sun if it insulted me.”

Ahab, Moby Dick
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Unread 15th of July, 2012, 08:39
lawwnum's Avatar
lawwnum
Crimson Death

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Member: #8286
Location: where I am
Posts: 1,217 (0.45 per day)
Originally Posted by qwerty123 # OOC: Don't worry about any delay, we aren't on any kind of time table.

However, since you have such a bad headache you will not make the shot. Perhaps you missed the gently tap of the clue bat in my previous post. It might be time to run away. Just saying....

IC: The pounding in his head from the intense pressure makes the shot from his pistol go wide. It pings off of the rock wall and harmlessly misses all of the demons.

OOC: Oh I didnt expect to actually hit anything other then dirt, just playing to type.

IC: As his shot misses badly from the intense pain growing in his head...the Capt figures its a good time ot change tactics...

"FALL BACK!"

As he tries to stagger back down the tunnel...hoping to give the others enough timeto exit before he does....
__________________
You ever dance with the Devil by the pale Moonlight?
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Unread 15th of July, 2012, 23:09
SleepyDaysDreamyNights's Avatar
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Member: #9794
Location: I'm with Waldo
Posts: 342 (0.15 per day)
IC: Nina pulls her head out of the crevasse and gasps when she sees her party in danger. Not quite sure what's going on, she rushes over to support James and help him retreat.

Looking over her shoulder, Nina calls out to Annie and Delanty. "Annie Mae! Mr. Delanty! Are you alright?"
__________________
"My skin is kind of sort of brownish/ Pinkish yellowish white./ My eyes are greyish blueish green,/ But I'm told they look orange in the night./ My hair is reddish blondish brown,/ But it's silver when it's wet./ And all the colors I am inside/ Have not been invented yet." - "Colors" by Shel Silverstein
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren