Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > qwerty123's Games > Time Enough At Last

Unread 14th of April, 2012, 02:27
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Member: #1109
Chapter 5: It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time.

The Corsair steps out the front door of the TARDIS, a strong, warm breeze is blowing. Warm is perhaps not the right term, hot; yes the breeze is akin to a hair dryer on its highest setting.

The TARDIS is cloaked as an ice machine, an “OUT OF ORDER” sign hangs on it at a jaunty angle. The ice machine is in a little tiled hallway. On one end hot asphalt, on the other an oasis. Lounge chairs litter the grassy landscape and surround the bluest pool any of the party has ever seen. Peach colored towers surround the open area on all four sides, and the smell of coco butter is overwhelming.

“Ok gang, what say you all too nice a bite to eat? Something other than the Capt.’s cooking in the galley?” Without waiting for a reply, the Corsair is off. Heading to her right past the pool she enters one of the towers through a set of dark smokey glass automatic doors. The onslaught of cool air feels nice after the hot breeze.

In short order the party, minus Beppo of course, is seated at Kristoffers Steak House. The pool area can be glimpsed from behind the tinted windows. They lend an air distance and voyeurism to the scene. “Well gang, first round is on me. Drink up!”

Ahab, Moby Dick

Last edited by qwerty123; 14th of April, 2012 at 02:29.
Unread 15th of April, 2012, 06:07
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

Member: #9794
IC: Nina walks out of her room, rubbing her eyes and visibly shaken from her nightmare. As she enters the empty TARDIS consome room, a spike of fear runs down Nina's spine.

"Corsair? Annie Mae?" The little blonde searches the console room before slowly walking towards the exit. "Mr Stoker? Beppo? ...James?"

Nina timidly pokes her head out the door of the TARDIS and is a bit surprised to find herself surrounded by a tropical paradise. She steps the rest of the way out, closing the door behind her.

The sun assaults Nina's skin and she will probably need some sun screen to keep from getting a terrible burn, but the hot weather doesn't seem to bother her. Nina had grown up in a hot place.

Nina holds her hand over her eyebrows to shake her eyes from the sun and looks around confused. "Where am I? Where is everyone?"
"My skin is kind of sort of brownish/ Pinkish yellowish white./ My eyes are greyish blueish green,/ But I'm told they look orange in the night./ My hair is reddish blondish brown,/ But it's silver when it's wet./ And all the colors I am inside/ Have not been invented yet." - "Colors" by Shel Silverstein
Unread 15th of April, 2012, 08:39
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Member: #8286
IC:After giving his drink order,Jack and coke, he waits until the waitress moves away before saying..

"Hmmm looks like Las Vegas, say the end of the 20th beginning of 21st century. A fun place indeed, but why are we here?"

Even as he asks the question it is obvious his attention is elsewhere as he watches out the windows towards where they parked the Tardis.
Unread 15th of April, 2012, 09:00
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Nina starts to panic a little as she can't find any of her companions. Her big eyes start well up and her breath picks up.
"My skin is kind of sort of brownish/ Pinkish yellowish white./ My eyes are greyish blueish green,/ But I'm told they look orange in the night./ My hair is reddish blondish brown,/ But it's silver when it's wet./ And all the colors I am inside/ Have not been invented yet." - "Colors" by Shel Silverstein
Unread 15th of April, 2012, 11:46
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: Finally seeing Nina emerge from the hallway where Corsair parked. The Capt. quickly gets up and heads outside to collect her ...

"Ahh I see Nina has awoken from her nap...I'll just go bring her in quick.."

Emerging from the building into the bright light stuns the Capt. for a moment before he gets his bearings and waves to Nina..

"NINA! Over here!"

And he walks over to her..

"Sorry Corsair kind of sprung something on us..claims it s a vacation..we will see. Soooooo...how do you feel?"
Unread 16th of April, 2012, 14:16
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Nina turns when she hears her name and lets out a huge sigh of relief when she sees James.

She takes a few steps towards the Capt. looking as though she may hug him, but suddenly Nina remembers their kiss and stops short.

Nina grips the skirt of her dress in loose fists and blushes. "I-I'm alright." Her blue eyes fall to the ground and she can't even bring herself to peak at the Capt. through her eyelashes. Nina's blush darkens. "Where are the others?"
Unread 16th of April, 2012, 14:53
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: Seeing Nina blush nd suddenly stop short...the Capt. gets a thoughtful expresion....

'They are inside right now, about to order dinner. Of course Corair and Annie mau be half in the bag before it arrives. But that is of little consequence. What IS of consequence is that you appear troubled, or at least confused about something. Come lets take a short walk and you can tell me what is on your mind."

And with that James sticks his hand out towards her, waiting for her to put her hand in his before moving an inch.

OOC: Once Nina DOES take his hand he will turn so they are side by side and then looking at where he knows Corsair and the rest to be, he will signal that they will be in in a minute or 2. Before starting a slow walk around the pool with Nina.
Unread 16th of April, 2012, 14:58
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Nina looks at James' hand for a long minute before slowly bringing up her own small hand and placing it in the Capt.'s. Her cheeks feel even warmer than before.

As they walk slowly around the pool, Nina finds herself unable to say anything to start a conversation.
Unread 17th of April, 2012, 11:23
lawwnum
Crimson Death

As Nina pauses before taking his hand, the Capt. raises an eyebrow..
As they begin to walk without her saying anything..James finally speaks..

"Soo..are you going to tell me what is so deeply troubling you? Or should I guess. I am good at guessing under normal situations, but I have to admit something...around you I sometimes find myself...torn...for lack of a better word. One half,purely logical, saying one thing. The other half, one I usually can ignore quite easliy, emotional. And what it says to me.....well I havent, had those kinds of thoughts or feelings in what seems like....forever..."

Then with a chuckle...

'Ahh forgive me I'm rambling...and this time is for you. So please..tell me what you feel."
Unread 17th of April, 2012, 11:33
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Nina listens to the Capt. ramble, but for some reason she's completely unable to process it. She finds herself desperately wanting to ask him what his kiss had meant.

"I was wondering wh-" Nina's breath catches in her throat and her hand tightens in James' larger one. As badly as she wants to ask about the kiss, Nina finds her courage severely lacking. Her eyes drop to the ground. "I-I just had a bit of nightmare."

Last edited by SleepyDaysDreamyNights; 17th of April, 2012 at 14:37.
Unread 17th of April, 2012, 14:54
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: Stopping as Nina stutters out a response... then turning to stand in front of her looking down at her in thought..

"Oh did you now?...Yes I can see something else disturbed you but thats not what you were going to say is it? You have something you want to ask..go ahead and ask. Never be afraid or nervous about asking me anything."
Unread 18th of April, 2012, 02:02
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Nina looks at her feet. James said not to be nervous to ask, but Nina could barely hear over the sound of her heart pounding in her ears. Big, blue eyes well up with tears.

Nina realizes that she's terrified to ask the Capt. what his kiss meant, because he may say it meant nothing. She doesn't want the kiss to mean nothing.

"You kissed me. No one has ever done that before you." Swallowing the lump in her throat, Nina looks up at James and tears dribble down her cheeks. "But I don't know what your kiss was supposed to mean." Nina sniffles and looks down again, hiding behind her hair. "In my books I've learned that kisses can mean a lot of different things."

Even though the words seem to get her more worked up, Nina starts to list off all the things she knows a kiss could mean.
Unread 18th of April, 2012, 07:25
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Originally Posted by SleepyDaysDreamyNights # IC: Nina looks at her feet. James said not to be nervous to ask, but Nina could barely hear over the sound of her heart pounding in her ears. Big, blue eyes well up with tears.

Nina realizes that she's terrified to ask the Capt. what his kiss meant, because he may say it meant nothing. She doesn't want the kiss to mean nothing.

"You kissed me. No one has ever done that before you." Swallowing the lump in her throat, Nina looks up at James and tears dribble down her cheeks. "But I don't know what your kiss was supposed to mean." Nina sniffles and looks down again, hiding behind her hair. "In my books I've learned that kisses can mean a lot of different things."

Even though the words seem to get her more worked up, Nina starts to list off all the things she knows a kiss could mean.
IC:Ah HAH

The Capt. reaches out with his other hand gently lifts Nia's face until she is looking at him again..

"I'm sure you could go on for quite some time as to just what it could of meant. So let me just tell you what it meant to me. It was my way of showing you that i care about you, hmmm well more then care, it may be a bit early to say 'Love' but then again, perhaps not. All I can tell you is that I care for you a great deal and i am very glad we found you."
Unread 18th of April, 2012, 07:34
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

IC: The Capt. and Nina are standing in the middle of pool area, heedless of the countless others lounging and swimming. It is as if they are they are the only two people in the universe - except for the Corsair.

"There you two are, dinner's getting cold. I took the liberty of ordering for both of you since you were lagging behind a bit. Come on, we have a vacation to enjoy!" With that she claps the two of them on the back and walking in between then she heard them to the steakhouse.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 18th of April, 2012, 07:34
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Nina's mouth snaps shut when she feels the Capt.'s hand on her face. She allows James to guide her head until she's looking him once again.

"You care about me?" Nina's blushing cheeks feel warm under James' big hand and she can't help but lean her face against his palm. And a small smile spreads over her face. "You kissed me because you care about me?"
Unread 18th of April, 2012, 07:46
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Nina nearly jumps out of her skin when she hears Corsair. Her cheeks flush a violent red and Nina pulls her face away from the Capt.'s hand. "C-Corsair!" Nina quickly wipes her face and eyes of her tears.
Unread 18th of April, 2012, 09:46
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Originally Posted by qwerty123 # IC: The Capt. and Nina are standing in the middle of pool area, heedless of the countless others lounging and swimming. It is as if they are they are the only two people in the universe - except for the Corsair.

"There you two are, dinner's getting cold. I took the liberty of ordering for both of you since you were lagging behind a bit. Come on, we have a vacation to enjoy!" With that she claps the two of them on the back and walking in between then she heard them to the steakhouse.
As Nina's face lights up, right before Corsair scares the bejesus out of her..

"Ahh Corsair, your timing is as impeccable as ever."

Then Picking up the pace as Corsair marches them across the pool area towards the restaurant.

"So I trust your sincere in this vacation business?"
Unread 18th of April, 2012, 09:51
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Nina runs up to Corsair and James. With a moment of hesitation, Nina reaches forward and places her small hand in James' larger one. The little blonde bites her lip and smiles at the feeling of the Capt.'s hand.

With a smile still on her face, Nina looks over to Corsair. "Does a vacation have a library?"
Unread 19th of April, 2012, 11:28
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Looking down at her...

"Ahhh my dear only you would look around a place like this and ask about a library. Well for you it most certainly can include one. In fact some quiet time might do us all some good."
Unread 20th of April, 2012, 04:14
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Originally Posted by lawwnum # In fact some quiet time might do us all some good."
"Quiet is just what we need. That's why I brought us to Vegas. What a great place for peace and quiet." The Corsair's tone is odd, you can't tell if she is being serious or joking. "Come on, you two let's eat. I'm starving."

With that the three companions walk away from the pool area. They pass several people enjoying the hot afternoon sun and the cool waters of the pool. Several yards distant, near the waters edge, two men spy the trio from their lounge chairs.

"So, its him allright. That info Davis gave us was spot on." A speedo clad dark haired man tells his companion, another speedo clad man but with shorter brown hair. "Yes it was. Looks like Capt. Horn will finally get what is comming to him."

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 20th of April, 2012, 04:22
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

Nina tightens her grip on James' hand, leaning a little closer to him. Her heart was fluttering in her chest and she couldn't keep the smile off her face. "I hope there will be a lot of books that I haven't read."

Her stomach growls softly and Nina blushes and then giggles. "I guess I'm starving too."

She follows the Capt. and Corsair into the restaurant, shivering slightly at the sudden rush of cool air from the air conditioning.
Unread 20th of April, 2012, 11:15
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: "Well I'm sure there might be some you havent seen before, but first lets eat and try to relax a little bit, before the hammer falls on us. I wonder if we should keep Bram away from the library or let him see what he will do...interesting question dont you think?"
Unread 21st of April, 2012, 00:23
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

IC: Dinner passes and the party has a nice time. Plans are hatched for finding the nearest library. The Corsair will only help point the way, she has far more pressing matters to attend to, like blackjack.

After eating, those that want to head to the library, can walk out the front of the casino you parked the TARDIS at, the Rivera. Across the street is the Circus Circus, an interesting place that has live circus shows every hour on the hour. It is just down the block from there that a small library can be found, tucked neatly away just one block off the Las Vegas strip.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 21st of April, 2012, 03:52
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: With her stomach full and her heart still fluttering, Nina clings to the Capt.'s hand and smiles as they head toward the library.

As they pass the circus, Nina stops short and blinks at it. She has read about circuses and the excitement and animals that go with it.

Tilting her head slightly, Nina looks over at James. "Have you ever been to a circus James?"
Unread 21st of April, 2012, 11:19
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Originally Posted by SleepyDaysDreamyNights # IC: With her stomach full and her heart still fluttering, Nina clings to the Capt.'s hand and smiles as they head toward the library.

As they pass the circus, Nina stops short and blinks at it. She has read about circuses and the excitement and animals that go with it.

Tilting her head slightly, Nina looks over at James. "Have you ever been to a circus James?"
IC: "Only if you count hanging around with Corsair..."

Then stopping he turns to Nina and smiling..

"I'm not sure if there is an actual Circus n there...most of this town is just about catching people attention. BUT I would be remiss if I did not accompany you in finding out. So lets go see what we can see."

And with that, and nina's hand in his he leads her into Circus Circus....