Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > qwerty123's Games > Time Enough At Last

Unread 6th of June, 2012, 16:02
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Member: #1109
Chapter 6: Down to Business

IC: The Corsair leaves the Capt. and Nina in the library and heads to the main consul chamber. She begins to work at the main scanner suit to fully asses the damage the TARDIS has taken, as well as figure out just where they are.

Several moments later she has her answers, neither of them good. The Time Rotor was cracked, the Transducer Cells were in bad shape, the Time Path Indicator was totally blown, and the Banshee Circuits were fried. Lots of time was going to be needed to repair the ship to any standard that would allow it to travel again.

To make matters worse the TARDIS was not in a conducive frame of time for such repairs. If all indications were right the ship had not left the physical space of Nevada, however it did move temporally; unfortunately it moved backward. The poor state of some key circuits prevents an exact date, somewhere between 1840 and 1860.

Once all of this is abundantly clear to the Corsair she just shrugs. Shaking her head she begins to formulate a plan to get things back to how they were, and to do that she would need all hands on deck, as it were.

She marched back to the library and the Capt. "Have you made up your mind? How can we fix you, turn you off..." She interrupts the Capt. before he can tell her that it can't be switched off, "I know you're gonna tell me you can't be switched off, well I can switch it off; OR do you let Annie Mae in there? We are in a bad way and I need you. So what's it gonna be?"

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 7th of June, 2012, 10:43
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Member: #8286
IC: With Nina still sitting comfortably on his lap..and the pain at least tolerable for the first time in awhile...ths Capt. looks up at Corsair...

"First, if Annie isnt dead from that paint stripper you 2 were drinking, I would like to have another word with her. If I can convince her that helping me is in her best interest as well I would like to let her fix what I suspect she broke in the first place. But you are a definate plan B, and I want you to monitor what she is doing, just in case..."
Unread 8th of June, 2012, 11:08
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: After a few more relaxing strokes from Nina, the capt reluctantly asks her to help him back to the Control room and Annie.

Upon entering he directs them to the little work station the Corsair had him at earlier. Then calling Annie over...

"So I dont expect you to remember all you said earlier, but it was enough. My first question is do you really think they will let you live even if you DO accomplish all they tasked you with? Afterall Hart and Harkness arent known for leaving loose endsor kindness."

Not fair hitting her while she's still hammered..but oh well
Unread 8th of June, 2012, 11:13
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

Member: #9794
IN: Nina tries not to pout as she hops off the Capt's lap and helps him back to the console room. It's not that she didn't want him to feel better, but she had been quite content sitting in James' lap.

After insisting that James find a place to sit, Nina steps back and starts fidget with her fingers.
"My skin is kind of sort of brownish/ Pinkish yellowish white./ My eyes are greyish blueish green,/ But I'm told they look orange in the night./ My hair is reddish blondish brown,/ But it's silver when it's wet./ And all the colors I am inside/ Have not been invented yet." - "Colors" by Shel Silverstein
Unread 8th of June, 2012, 11:28
angel of music
Ghoul

Member: #9599
Originally Posted by lawwnum # IC: After a few more relaxing strokes from Nina, the capt reluctantly asks her to help him back to the Control room and Annie.

Upon entering he directs them to the little work station the Corsair had him at earlier. Then calling Annie over...

"So I dont expect you to remember all you said earlier, but it was enough. My first question is do you really think they will let you live even if you DO accomplish all they tasked you with? Afterall Hart and Harkness arent known for leaving loose endsor kindness."

Not fair hitting her while she's still hammered..but oh well
Sitting at a workstation..her headpounding like it is being used by a 400lb flamenco dancer...Annie starts at James's voice...

As she listens to what he is saying, she tries desperately to remember all that she said, about to access her own internal memory she hears him say the names....the names of the ones that started it all..and her head snaps up involuntarily...

"You think I dont know all that?!? I kn ow damn well what is likely to happen to me from those 2 even if I could pull it off successfully. But when I think of what you did to me..what I went through because of you..."

Then getting upand staggering to the kitchen area for a glass of water....

"You knwo whats worse then what you did to me? The fact that if I didn't hate you so much I think I could almost like you.."

Then chugging the water and getting a refill she wanders back out to the others...

"Ok so now what? You know I was going to betray you all and have messed with your head, so what are you going to do? Pitch me out the door into the Vortex? Leave me stranded in the Dark ages? Or just shoot me know and save us all alot of trouble?"
Unread 8th of June, 2012, 11:45
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Originally Posted by angel of music # Sitting at a workstation..her headpounding like it is being used by a 400lb flamenco dancer...Annie starts at James's voice...

As she listens to what he is saying, she tries desperately to remember all that she said, about to access her own internal memory she hears him say the names....the names of the ones that started it all..and her head snaps up involuntarily...

"You think I dont know all that?!? I kn ow damn well what is likely to happen to me from those 2 even if I could pull it off successfully. But when I think of what you did to me..what I went through because of you..."

Then getting upand staggering to the kitchen area for a glass of water....

"You knwo whats worse then what you did to me? The fact that if I didn't hate you so much I think I could almost like you.."

Then chugging the water and getting a refill she wanders back out to the others...

"Ok so now what? You know I was going to betray you all and have messed with your head, so what are you going to do? Pitch me out the door into the Vortex? Leave me stranded in the Dark ages? Or just shoot me know and save us all alot of trouble?"
Smiling as she jumps right into his word trap...

"well firstly let me thank you for confessing and confirming that is was Hart and harkness. Secondly as far as I am concerned there will be no recriminations for what you have done so far, provided you help undo the damage. Believe it or not I dont hold it against you. In fact i think we could use this to all of our advantages.. So what do you say? want to be part of the solution? Or should we lock you up with Beppo?"
Unread 9th of June, 2012, 10:11
angel of music
Ghoul

Originally Posted by lawwnum # Smiling as she jumps right into his word trap...

"well firstly let me thank you for confessing and confirming that is was Hart and harkness. Secondly as far as I am concerned there will be no recriminations for what you have done so far, provided you help undo the damage. Believe it or not I dont hold it against you. In fact i think we could use this to all of our advantages.. So what do you say? want to be part of the solution? Or should we lock you up with Beppo?"
Her eyes narrowing in anger...

"You lied and just tricked me? And NOW you ask for favors?!?! I must say your either the most infuriatingly confident man I've ever met...or a damn fool. Well first I guess I should put everything out there for you all. Yes I messed with your head and hired the girl we found in your room. However the Riptogian was SUPPOSED to be just a fake distraction. It was my job to neutralize you. And another thing...this was NOT the first time I altered your memory."

With that Annie sits back and watches the others reactions...
Unread 9th of June, 2012, 10:35
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Nina's eyes widen at Annie's confession. So many feeling rush through her.

Slowly Nina walks over to Annie. She comes to a halt in front of the taller woman, face blank. Lifting her her chin, Nina raises her hand and smacks Annie across the face as hard as she can.
"My skin is kind of sort of brownish/ Pinkish yellowish white./ My eyes are greyish blueish green,/ But I'm told they look orange in the night./ My hair is reddish blondish brown,/ But it's silver when it's wet./ And all the colors I am inside/ Have not been invented yet." - "Colors" by Shel Silverstein
Unread 9th of June, 2012, 10:48
lawwnum
Crimson Death

A triumphant feeling rushes through the Capt at Annies confession...followed immediately by a shooting pain in his head doubling him over, until he hears the sound of the slap.

Getting up quickly he puts his arms around nina pulling her away from Annie..

"Now,now I know your upset but this is not the time for that."

Guiding Nina back to thechair he was just in...
Unread 9th of June, 2012, 10:55
angel of music
Ghoul

Holding her face where Nina just slapped her..

"I guess I deserved that, but at least I seem to have accomplished one thing, YOU'VE grown some Backbone. "
Unread 9th of June, 2012, 11:05
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Nina's lower lip trembles and her eyes well up as James helps her sit down. Her hand stings and Nina hides behind her hair.

"Please." Nina's voice shakes and she tries her hardest not to cry. "Please Annie. just fix James."
Unread 9th of June, 2012, 11:22
lawwnum
Crimson Death

after hearing Nina...the capt turns back to Annie

"Well we've heard many things about the past, but nothing about the future...actually i guess that not exactly right but you know what I mean. So I forgive you for trying to kill me and ruin things with Nina. Can you see past your hatred for something I have yet to do....but someday WILL have to. "

And once again grimaces in pain as he drops to one knee...

"Please Annie, I understand your anger, but it is misplaced...I need your help to stop those who started this all,and who intend for NONE of us to livelonger then they need.."
Unread 9th of June, 2012, 11:33
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: James falls to his knees and Nina gasps, going to his side. "James! Please be careful."

"Annie, he's right." Nina helps James move back to the chair. "Whether you like it or not, we're in this together now. So please," Her voice becomes slightly desperate, "Please fix James' memories."
Unread 9th of June, 2012, 13:18
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

IC: The Corsair just sighs as she watches the conversation ping pong back and forth between Nina, Annie Mae and the Capt. "Look can we just finish this made for TV moment and get on with it? Annie Mae don't feel compelled to do this if you don't want to. I know all about revenge. It will slowly eat at you if you can't let it go. I know how that feels and don't want you to have to experience it. If you are really ready to move on from this, then fix him; but if not.... Well, the hate and regret will only grow and fester."

The Corsair looks directly at Annie Mae, the full force of her presence bearing down on her, "So, what's it gonna be?"

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 9th of June, 2012, 15:41
angel of music
Ghoul

Holding Corsairs glare for longer then she would of expected..Annie finally lowers her head and sighs...

Then walking over to James, she puts her hand on his head....

Unread 9th of June, 2012, 15:44
angel of music
Ghoul

OOC: hmmmm not sure if thats quite good enough despite the fact she did all the damage..will I need another rol? orshould I use a Story point?

By the way she is trying to FIX the damage.....ALL of it
Unread 9th of June, 2012, 23:18
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Originally Posted by angel of music # OOC: hmmmm not sure if thats quite good enough despite the fact she did all the damage..will I need another rol? orshould I use a Story point?

By the way she is trying to FIX the damage.....ALL of it
OOC: If you spend a Story Point you will fix all of the damage.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 10th of June, 2012, 02:56
angel of music
Ghoul

OOC: A Story Point it is then....
Unread 10th of June, 2012, 03:05
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

IC: Without even moving Annie Mae once again hacks into Capt. James Horn's cerebral interface. She closes her eyes and concentrates, riding the swirl of ones and zeroes with in him. Then it is finished.

The pain stops, it is a weird sensation for the Capt. One minute to be doubled over in unfathomable pain, then it is all gone. His mind seems to flicker for a second as his thoughts re-order themselves. He is whole once again.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 10th of June, 2012, 10:56
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Feeling as if a HUGE weight has been lifted from him, the Capt. rises..looksin Annies eyes.......then hugs her...

'Thank you...you WONT regret this."

Then turning to Nina and Corsair....

"I remember everything, but I'm going to need a few minutes to process it all. But one thing seems certain...Hart and Harkness are heavily involved in this..but not sure if they are the true source..."

Then with a distracted look he walks to another workstation and sitting down, altenates between mumbling to himself and rapid typing...
Unread 10th of June, 2012, 12:07
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Relief washes over Nina as Annie fixes James. She watches the Capt. walk over to a station and start to work with a small smile on her face.

Suddenly Nina remembers something and she turns to face Annie Mae.

Timidly, Nina walks over to Annie. "Um, A-Annie..." She starts to fidget with her fingers. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lost my temper like that. It...It was wrong of me to hit you." Nina is blushing slightly, obviously embarrassed by how she acted.
Unread 10th of June, 2012, 16:15
angel of music
Ghoul

Crossing her arms and staring at Nina...

"Oh PLEASE, honestly if someone did what I did to me...I would of shot them by now. You know what I was hoping to do more then just hurt him? Toughen you up. You have soome spirit in you but your so DAMN timid. You needed to...hell I dont kknow how to phrase it, you just got to find something to fight for. And use it to motivate you..."

And with that Annie turns and heads for her room...
Unread 11th of June, 2012, 01:52
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

IC: The Corsair stands back and watchs the scene unfold before her. She seems happy that her hodge podge crew is finally getting along and really clicking. She likes that they are finally beginning to strengthen each other. That is a good, as they will need it soon....

"Hey, great we had our Hallmark moment. I would suggest that we have a group hug be we have work to do. Now how about we get down to business and get this TARDIS fixed. I still have work to get done and Rassilon will be more than crank by now. So lets shake a leg."

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 11th of June, 2012, 12:06
SleepyDaysDreamyNights
Mummy

IC: Nina blinks at Annie's retreating back. Something to fight for?

Slowly she turns her head to look at the Capt. She had gotten so upset when he was in pain, yelled and acted irrationally. Did that make him her something to fight for? Nina blushes slightly at the thought. Would James mind if he was?

Pushing those thought to the back of her mind, Nina walks over to Corsair. "What can I do to help with repairs?" She hesitates for a moment before asking, "Also, do you have a manual for the TARDIS? I may be able to help more if I knew more about it."
Unread 12th of June, 2012, 00:27
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Originally Posted by SleepyDaysDreamyNights # IC: Pushing those thought to the back of her mind, Nina walks over to Corsair. "What can I do to help with repairs?" She hesitates for a moment before asking, "Also, do you have a manual for the TARDIS? I may be able to help more if I knew more about it."
IC: The Corsair smiles at Nina, "I think looking at the manual just might be the trick, wish I would have thought of it. Head into the main Consul room, it is there on the hard drive. Just look it up in the index...I don't remember if it is under 'M' for manual or 'I' for instructions or maybe 'H' for help. Oh, well, nevermind. I am sure you will find it."

Ahab, Moby Dick