Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies

Unread 22nd of March, 2014, 09:58
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

Member: #1746
Hola brother in arms! It is I from long ago... come to say hello!

Good to hear my peeps from the community are still getting some gaming time in.
Unread 4th of January, 2015, 08:22
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Member: #1690
Hey Josh > I only missed you by about 9 months.

Gaming update (for those who give a hairy rat's ass):

1E game on RPoL still rolling...but rolling slow and I'm ready to move on with this one; got some great players; just ready for something else.

2E game on Unseen Servant was completed last summer...and I'm considering kicking it into gear again...maybe.
Left two games and my evil character got killed off in the other > joined up in a 2E game set in Golarion and a Labrynth Lord sandbox game > having a real good time in both.

Also considering a 3.5 game sometime in the future...
Helping another DM with some Pathfinder stuff...which may eventually result in another game.

Happy New Year everybody!!

Unread 23rd of July, 2015, 23:13
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Hey folks > summer update time!

Still running my 1E game over on RPoL...but the group is in the final battle with the vampire baron and his minions, so things should move fairly quickly and I will take some time off of that to recharge and rethink where to go from there.

Also playing in a high-level 1E game on RPoL, and in two games on Unseen Servant, one OSRIC and the other LL rules.

And...I'm starting a new 5E game > yep, decided to wade in to the new 5th edition with the starter box > should be fun. A bunch of old gaming buddies > all of us are going to learn together!

A big THANKS to the mods for keeping these threads alive!!

Unread 24th of July, 2015, 08:55
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

Member: #2433
Hey

Good seeing you hedgeknight!

Unread 21st of December, 2015, 22:48
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Christmas gaming update:
Kicked off my long-running 1E game on RPoL yesterday with a new adventure for the group; added two new players and hoping for another good run of AD&D gaming.

My 5E game has stalled it seems > lost almost all of my original 5 players > four played by old gaming buddies who thought they could hang, but figured out they couldn't.
Gonna give it two more weeks and if things don't pick up, gonna close it out.

Still playing in a high-level 1E game on RPoL and now only two games on the unseenservant forums > both 1E; the newest one is just getting started and it is U1 > The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. Should be fun!

That's all for now > hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Unread 12th of March, 2016, 12:13
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Man, I miss gaming on this site...

Spring is here...at least at the beach in NC.

RPoL game is going well; my two new players are veterans of the game. The is about to get deep as the group has set sail only to arrive at their first port o' call and discover an old friend (enemy?) has lost his family to a betrayal of his brother...who has made a pact with a demonic power.

Over on Unseen Servant, my 5E game is moving along and coming to the end of a chapter in the module. Will see if the players want to continue...but quite honestly, I'd be just as happy to table it.

The only games I'm playing in are at Unseen Servant > playing a "0" level baker in the Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh game > so much fun!
Finishing up a 5E game I jumped in, just to get a feel for being a player instead of a DM. Not as much fun as I thought it'd be.
Just joined a new Labyrinth Lord game, playing a female Dwarf character > the game only started yesterday so, we'll see how it goes.
And, I also agreed to join in a 2E Undermountain game > just waiting on the current scenario to wrap up so I can create my character and play. Thinking very seriously about bringing over my character from LinkLegacy's Cordrean game, which ended about 8 years ago.

Reading back through some of my threads and PM's makes me miss this site. "Back in the day" there were dozens of games going on here...now there are two...maybe just one. Sad to see.

Unread 15th of July, 2016, 22:50
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

It's summer at the beach and hotter than seven hells

In my RPoL game, the characters are going toe-to-toe with the demon and his thralls...one is already dead and the group just got hit with a serious fireball that left three of them in the single digits in hit points. Talk about thinning the ranks!

Plus, on a very sad note in this game > one of my players died about a month ago; not sure if it was cancer or some other physical complication. Certainly devastating for his wife and children.

My 5E game on Unseen Servant is still running; had another character death but still have four solid players; they are making a pact with the green dragon in the beginner's boxed set to find her stolen egg. Should be interesting.

I'm currently playing in more games than I believe I ever have before.
1/ 2E game > playing a female cleric of Tyr in Undermountain
2/ LL game > playing a female dwarf fighter
3/ 1E game > playing a baker turned magic-user...lot of fun
4/ 1E game > playing a female cleric of Trithereonin a horror-filled cult of the reptile game
5/ 1E game > playing a barbarian in sort of a sandbox version of the desert of desolation series > very fun so far if we all don't die of starvation

Every time I drop in I hope to find a game or two up and running. I wish this site could return to it's "glory days" back in the early to mid 2000's.

Unread 23rd of December, 2016, 01:26
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Christmas Break Update

Hey folks > here is my semi-regular gaming update.

My 1E game on RPoL continues to move forward. The group survived the battle with the demon and thereafter a huge battle with agents of the Scarlet Brotherhood. A new player joined in around this point, playing a Monk, and I'm hoping will be a great addition to our group, which is already full of some great players.

My 5E game on Unseen Servant is quickly winding down...not that the adventure is over, but I'm going to call a hiatus (temporary?) after the current scenario ends. We've had a lot of player turnover and I'm just ready for a break.

Games I'm playing in:

In Search of the Unknown 1E (RPoL) > playing a Half-Orc Cleric of St. Cuthbert. Having a good time so far.

U1 Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (US) > my character, a bumbling baker turned magic-user, just got killed by crabmen in the tunnels below the haunted house.

North Spine Campaign LL rules (US) > I play a female dwarf fighter > having a good time.

Lab Lord: The North Marches (US) > my character is semi-retired, but is doing some dissection of dwarven journals and is about to report his findings to some of his former adventuring companions. I like staying in town and doing research; takes little effort.

LL West Marches Sandbox (US) > another Labyrinth Lord game and I'm playing another cleric (female) > ready to be done. When this current expedition ends, I'm retiring my character...assuming she survives.

The Lost City of the Pharoahs 1E (US) > playing a barbarian and up to our eyeballs in deep shit! I doubt he will live much longer, but I'm having a blast playing him.

So, there you go. Three games with Labyrinth Lord rules and the rest 1E...which is not a great difference. My goal for 2017 is to trim down my games even further and just concentrate on one or two, plus running my RPoL game.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Holidays, and Festivus for the Rest of Us!

- Hedge

Unread 21st of June, 2017, 07:48
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Happy Summer from the Beach

Hey gaming folks > I'm back for my 6th month gaming check up

Just returned from Heroes Con in Charlotte, getting my comic book geek on for a few days. On the gaming front:

1E game on RPoL > still running with two new players who have come in and meshed so well with the others, you would think they have been gaming together since the onset, 7 years ago!

5E game on Unseen Servant was put on hiatus and the likelihood of resurrecting it is slim.

Currently playing in three games:
On RPoL > 1E; 1/2 Orc cleric of St. Cuthbert > not much to report in the past 6 mos.
On US > LL; Dwarf fighter
and another LL game w/ a Human Vanir Barbarian > loads of fun!

I'm chewing on the prospect of starting a 3.5 game in the late fall but not sure what I'm going to do. Either something from Golarion or in Greyhawk.

Axe high!
~ Hedge

Unread 26th of October, 2017, 13:18
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Hey folks > checking back in after a few months; can't believe it's already been 4 months since my last visit. Lots going on with me gaming-wise.

Planning on dropping all of the games I'm in except for the game at RPoL. I will also continue running the 1E game there into 2018.

Reason for dropping my games is because my work load and responsibilities at my church and with my family are going to ramp up in 2018 and I'm just not going to have the time to devote to so many games.

I need into my new thread here and post some background information on Andoran.

Some positive gaming news where I live > there have been rising interests in 5E D&D and there have been some meet ups to roll dice and talk about the future of D&D in our area. There have also been some DM workshops which have been fun to attend.

Well, that's all for now. Good gaming!

~ Hedge

Unread 12th of November, 2017, 10:24
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Need some advice...

Where to set up my new campaign?

I had originally planned on Andoran, the world created by Pathfinder.

But now, I'm also considering Midgard, or Valnwall, or maybe even the campaign world for Frog God Games.

I have no plans to dive back into the Forgotten Realms or even Greyhawk...although, those are quite tempting due to virtually ALL of my campaigns being set in those two worlds.

I'm a kickstarter supporter of Midgard for 5E and I'm also a supporter of the Trudvang Chronicles which has an incredible history.

So...what sayest thou?
Any preferences?