Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Captain Gavis's Games > A First Class Adventure

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 21st of July, 2011, 02:04
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.91 per day)
"Well, uh. Not fond of losing property like a horse either. But, er, losing a horse is better than dying. Still, killing a wolf shouldn't be that hard. Or, at least, I don't think it should be that hard."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 21st of July, 2011, 11:34
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.79 per day)
"Bwaaah what are you all jabbering about? Less yakking more smacking!"
And with that, she jumps out of their temporary camp, spinning about and scanning for a target.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 22nd of July, 2011, 10:47
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.44 per day)
The creature Aerius described was standing over the two horse corpses engrossed in eating them, loud snapping sounds came from the crushing of bones as the creature ripped the horses apart. The other, living, horses were nowhere to be seen possibly having snapped their lines and fled the area. As the cleric came through the doorway the beast's head snapped up studying her with predatory eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 22nd of July, 2011, 14:41
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.79 per day)
"HAAAAaaaaauh oh wow."
She blinks, then crouches, holding up her shield and readying her mace to smack that thing good. As soon as it leaps at her. Jeez where are the other horses?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 3rd of August, 2011, 06:38
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.44 per day)
The cleric waited and waited but no one came to her aid against the wolf-like beast. The beast itself seemed to come to the conclusion that this humanoid would probably try to come between it and its meal. Possessed of an animal's intellect it slowly advanced toward the cleric with a low-toned, rumbling growl. Suddenly, it lept forward to attack her

20
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 3rd of August, 2011, 11:34
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.79 per day)
In an instant, the wolf was in the air. She had been watching carefully, but it must have struck right when she blinked.
She tried to dodge and strike with her mace, and push the wolf aside with her shield, but the wolf was turning out to be unnaturally powerful, and her strike rather weak in comparison.

7
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 9th of August, 2011, 01:05
AbidingDude's Avatar
AbidingDude
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member: #9299
Posts: 92 (0.04 per day)
Seeing that the wolf is clearly distracted, Aerius attempts to sneak from the tower in order to apply his longsword to it's exposed back. As he approached, his feet crunched some dried leaves loudly, and he saw the beast's ears perk. Luckily for Aerius, the beast was to occupied with the cleric to turn and properly defend itself from his attack. Lunging toward its defenseless flank, he burried the sword into it, deeply. As the monster fell to the ground to breath its last, Aerius withdrew his sword, and struck a bold pose, chest puffed out.

"No need to pay me, miss, first one's free." He said, half joking as he cleaned his blade off on the monstrous wolf's hide. Looking around, and lamenting the need to walk for the rest of the journy, he continued, "It's a pitty about the horses, though."

Move silently: 42
Attack: 19

Last edited by AbidingDude; 9th of August, 2011 at 13:35.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 10th of August, 2011, 00:10
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.91 per day)
"Damnation! No horses, and I couldn't even get my act together quick enough to help you."

Gulvin added mentally, I'm so damn slow, I can't even help my comrades.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 10th of August, 2011, 00:24
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.79 per day)
The cleric shook her arm, staring at the wolf. "Wow. Thanks."
She kneeled down, poking at it with her mace. "Jeez, what is this thing?"

She glanced up. "Some of the horses just ran away, I think. We probably shouldn't go looking for them, though, if there are more wolves out."
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 10th of August, 2011, 02:27
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.44 per day)
With the light of a torch brought to where the corpse of the beast lay dead the party could see that it was indeed a wolf, but far more muscular, more feral, more aggressive almost unnaturally so. Each wondered where such a monstrosity could come from? And each dreaded that more might be about, straining ears to the wind for the slightest sound of a wolf howl warning of another assault.

Returning to the tower's relative safety the group set about tending to their wounds. In time each sought what little rest they could from what remained of the night, this time setting a watch so as to not be caught unaware again. They rose with the dawn and after a light breakfast set to looking for their lost mounts. Two lay dead from the night before but as luck would have it one remained within the area unharmed from the previous night.

They set off along the road again toward their charge's cottage in the lonely wood. As the sun was reaching its zenith they came upon a river with a bridge built for crossing. Upon the bridge a group of men in leather armor and swords at their waists waited for travelers. As the party approached one of their number called to the party "Ho there, any who so wishes to cross Mark's bridge must pay us a toll of 1 gold each."

Last edited by Captain Gavis; 10th of August, 2011 at 02:42.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 10th of August, 2011, 11:11
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.79 per day)
"One gold each? Lame."
The cleric frowned at the group. "You guys aren't doing a very good job, either. There was this big wolf thing around here last night we had to kill."
Despite her protests, the cleric fished around for a gold piece and handed it to the one who had addressed them.
"Oh hey, question. Do you know what happened to Harold, the potion-maker?"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 10th of August, 2011, 21:44
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.44 per day)
The brigands seemed impassive about the wolf, "We ain't here to hunt pelts even of 'big wolf things' not enough money in that." but the leader of the group seems startled at the mention of Harold quickly giving a sign to ward off evil, "We don't want no trouble with Harold you just keep your gold and get clear of here quickly."
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 10th of August, 2011, 22:11
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.79 per day)
"Guys, tollkeepers are supposed to keep the roads safe and maintain the quality of bridges. Otherwise nobody will use the road and you won't get any money, and if you charge really high fees like a whole gold or whatever people will think you're just thieves and eventually some militia will come along and break up your group."
She frowned, again. "Also what's this about no trouble with Harold?"

Last edited by zachol; 10th of August, 2011 at 22:29.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 10th of August, 2011, 22:24
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.44 per day)
"We stays as far as we can from his cabin. Tried to pull a job on the place, heard there was some good loot to be had in there. Lost me partner to a wicked trap" He shudders thinking about it. "Ripped the skin off his bones, then the bones stood up and attacked me, barely escaped with me life."
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 10th of August, 2011, 22:33
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.79 per day)
The cleric gasps. "Wow what? That's horrible!"
She shakes her head. "He should really be more careful with the stuff he leaves lying around, it sounds like."
She shrugs, then starts walking past. "Thanks for the warning, and waiving the toll. Keep the gold, though, keepers should be paid something at least."
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 16th of August, 2011, 10:59
Captain Gavis's Avatar
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7805
Location: East Syracuse
Posts: 1,250 (0.44 per day)
A couple of the brigands jabbed each other with elbows and snickered the word tollkeeper the leader, however, stood up straight and saluted the party as they passed. "Travel safe ma'am." The leader's salute caused the rest of the group to break into a chorus of wild hoots and laughter.

The remainder of the voyage was highly uneventful. They rested at dusk in a small clearing off to the side of the road and arrived at small wooden house at sunset the following day, Harold's home. The house was two stories tall and surrounded by a low hedge; the front door swung open and closed in the slight breeze.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren