Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > BigRedRod's Games > City of the Dead > Dagern Travels > The long long ago

Closed Thread
Unread 27th of August, 2002, 17:18
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

Member: #17
Chapter 1 - (Dron and Roth)

Roth catches up with Dron and they both follow the road westwards towards Town, the road is indeed very straight, occasionally the group pass a smaller path leading to the road, and in the distance other buildings can be seen, most look to be farmhouses, and the land on either side of the path is farmland without a doubt.
In a little over half an hour the pair arrive at the town, a wooden archway across the path proclaims the town to be named Lodez. The town is fairly small and unwalled, the buildings are fairly low (most being a single floor) and constructed mainly from wood. It is mid-morning and the streets are filled with people going about their business.
The two buildings nearest to this enterance are a Tavern named "The Cyclops's Smile" and a general store which is named "Archer's".
Unread 27th of August, 2002, 17:31
Dust
Mummy

Member: #54
Dron gives the tavern a passing glance before heading towards the general store, intent on making his purchases.
Unread 27th of August, 2002, 18:34
SuperJosh
Vampire Spawn

Member: #133
Roth follows, keeping track of what was purchased, and for how much.
Unread 27th of August, 2002, 18:56
BigRedRod

The two walk into the store, all manner of items are in the shop, visitors are restricted to a small area surrounded by a counter by the door, there are no other customers in the shop at the moment.
A voice shouts,
"Just a minute!"
As the bell on the door jangles
A tall half-elven man appears from a door and stands at the counter, the man has strnage violet eyes and short blonde hair, he wears a fairly tight black shirt with matching trousers and a brown apron.
"And what can I provide for you young gentlemen today?"

[ooc: Bear in mind you have Rizeths supply money, and 3 of the Bags of coins from the rebels, Algerdar said didn't mention giving you his money so we will assume he forgot to, actually he might have said that in the OOC thread]
Unread 28th of August, 2002, 05:32
Dust
Mummy

Dron attempts to buy the previously mentioned goods.

(OOC: In the other thread.)
Unread 28th of August, 2002, 18:05
BigRedRod

[OOC: Heres what I make the list to be
4 Backpacks (one small for Algerdar)
2 Belts
3 Bedrolls
Crowbar
4 Pouchs
2 Spell Component Pouchs
Flint and Steel
3 Waterskins
2 Scroll Organiser
Grappling Hook
Ink
Inkpen
Common Lamp
50 feet of rope (hemp?)
Sack
Rations (The exact amount wasn't defined, i'll say a total of 20 though)
Thieves Tools]

"Well sure that is indeed quite a list, it sounds very much like the pair of you are heading off to explore or some such. Now let me see what all this comes to"
The man quickly scribbles in a small book that is sat on the counter.
"Hmmm... Eighty-Eight pieces of gold, 3 silver, and 2 copper bits. Agreeable?"

[ooc: with all the coins you brought you have a grand total of 108gp, 30sp and 30cp
Unread 29th of August, 2002, 02:59
SuperJosh
Vampire Spawn

Member: #133
Roth stands back to let Dron do the talking, since he was so effective with Rezith.
Unread 29th of August, 2002, 03:46
Dust
Mummy

"Eighty eight?" Dron says with an incredulous frown, "that's a lot more than I expected... I'm not sure we can afford to pay more than 50gp. 88gp would darn near bankrupt us!"

(OOC: Diplomacy or Bluff, DMs option.)
Unread 29th of August, 2002, 03:58
BigRedRod

The man gives an expression of shock
"I don't think you understand how you insult me with a jest such as that. You are not buying cheap shoddy goods from a market, wait there."
The half-elf runs off into a maze of short shelves and crates,
He walks back holding a variety of objects which he places on the counter, there is a bedroll, a coil of rope, and a small leather package
"Both of you come closer, inspect the quality of a sample of your goods."
The elf shows off various aspects of each item for several minutes
"But I see you are very astute men indeed, and so I will lower my offer, I wouldn't normally do this you understand, my prices are my prices, but you for gentlemen I will make an exception. Does a flat eightly-five sound more acceptable?"
Unread 29th of August, 2002, 05:03
Dust
Mummy

Dron puts on an expression of extreme distress. He puts a hand up and covers his eyes.

"...85..." he mutters to himself, "... we'll be homeless when we get there... what will Betsy say... she'll kill me, I know she will... 85..."

(OOC: Diplomacy or Bluff.)
Unread 29th of August, 2002, 05:10
BigRedRod

"Alright, Alright, my final offer is eighty pieces. I cannot go lower than this, I have to pay for my stock you know. I'm sure that you, your friend and Betsy can spend a few nights in a nice inn now, and I won't have to feel guilty about casting you out on the street."
The man smiles, but it is plain to see that his patience is wearing a little thin
"So do we have a deal then my good Sir?"
Unread 29th of August, 2002, 06:25
Dust
Mummy

Dron gives a loud sigh, planting his hands on his hips.

"Betsy's going to be really mad at me," he says, "but... I suppose we really do need these supplies."

He sighs again.

"Alright, we'll take it at 80gp, but if they find my corpse tommorow bludgeoned to death with a frying pan, I'm going to come back as a ghost and haunt you 'till the end of your days."
Unread 29th of August, 2002, 07:14
BigRedRod

The half-elf smiles and begins to collect together your goods from their various locations in the store

Several minutes of frantic activity pass

The combined purse is now eighty gold coins lighter, the shopkeeper is smiling, and the equipment is stacked neatly on the counter before Dron and Roth
"Thank you very much, good luck with whatever you need that for and explaing the cost to Betsy. Remember, for all your needs, come here, if I don't stock it chances are I will be able to order it"
Unread 31st of August, 2002, 07:44
Dust
Mummy

Dron thanks the man in a rather dissatisfied tone and leaves the shop, intent on heading towards the Dragoons with supplies in hand, grumbling about having to carry the possessions of others.
Unread 31st of August, 2002, 20:23
BigRedRod

The pair leave the shop and town behind, retracing their steps along the road, the journey takes them past the merchant from the villa heading in the opposite direction, he gives a friendly nod as he rides past on a now empty cart.
The two pass the villa and head onwards down the road until the path eventually splits, after just short of an hour of travel through broad open plains a light forest with fairly heavy undergrowth begins to take shape, after at least two further hours of difficult travelling the pair arrive at the cliff, the drop is only around ten feet and the two huamns easily manage to climb down the rough cligg coated in hand-hold offering plant life.

Having made it down to the lower level, Dron and Roth head northwards towards where their companions should await their arrival. The cliff steadily rises and up ahead the area where the cliff collapsed can clearly be seen, there is a sound of rocks being moved.

Durn and Algerdar are both stood over a semi-uncovered dragoon that has suffered critical damage, this area of the ground is covered in rocks of all sizes and a strange mist covers a majority of the area making it very difficult to make out anything hidden under them
[ooc: ok and now you two are back in the main thread]

Last edited by BigRedRod; 31st of August, 2002 at 20:29.
Closed Thread