Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Conan: The Throne of Blood

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 1st of February, 2006, 03:03
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Chapter 4: Road to Shadizar

It's a bright sunny day in the rolling hills of Zamoria as you leave the valley and lands of Count Ackram and his people. Your mounts are loaded up with your gear and the supplies the Count graciously provided.

You also feel the jingle of coin in your pocket as you examine the reward he gave you for your help to his daughter and people. The road leading out of the valley heads north/northeast towards Shadizar and other cities of Zamoria.

The gold on Freya's neck gleams even more than her polished chain and helmet in the sun as she leads the way.

[ooc: riding/marching order?]

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 2nd of February, 2006 at 01:34.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 2nd of February, 2006, 01:09
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Sekmet rides in the middle of the party.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 2nd of February, 2006, 04:51
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Satisfied with the contents of the silver bag, Belkregos examines the gold necklace,
(Appraise 17+2=19)

"If we can get a fair price for this in Shadizar, we’ll divide the coin, anyone of us could have died in the battle and I know I am alive and able to throw this silver on wine because of all of us."

With that, he puts the gold chain away (does not ware it) checks his armor and weapons one last time and mounts his horse and takes the lead

(although we do not have to go on a single file)
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 2nd of February, 2006, 05:00
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.08 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos "anyone of us could have died in the battle"
"Ha! Some of us nearly did!" Harith winks at Darius.

"I can scout ahead a bit, if needed. Though I enjoy the relative safety of our number."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 2nd of February, 2006, 05:37
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Originally Posted by Harith "Ha! Some of us nearly did!" Harith winks at Darius.

"I can scout ahead a bit, if needed. Though I enjoy the relative safety of our number."
Belkregos smiles

"I don’t think there’ll be a need for now, lets ride together and when dusk comes then we can take a few more precautions"
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 3rd of February, 2006, 00:42
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Sekmet will examine the bauble:

Appraise skill 8 + roll 7 = 15
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 3rd of February, 2006, 00:52
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
Darius tosses the pouch of coins in the air and catches it. "If I get paid so handsomely each time, it's almost worth it," he replies with a grin. Darius will stay on the left of the party, and makes sure to watch the hills and horizon, his sword in its sheath and his shield strapped to his back.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 3rd of February, 2006, 03:45
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
The gleaming neckalace appears to be worth probably 100 gold luna at least, perhaps more. Freya decides to take hers off too and put it with the other treasure in her heavy saddlebags.

Freya lets Belkregos take the lead, maneuving her horse to ride behind him. She admires his stance in the saddle with a smirk.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 3rd of February, 2006, 03:48
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
On the Road

By the gleaming sun and the road you're on you pass a sign pointing east to "Urkira" ....and other points "Vos Fort" north/northwest.

You think you're probably 75 miles or so from Shadizar.

So far the road is pretty empty and quiet.

[ooc: Spot/Listen checks if anyone scouts ahead or wishes to look for trouble]
[ooc: the small ruby in each pouch is worth 10 gold luna]
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 3rd of February, 2006, 08:06
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
[OOC: Keeping an eye out for trouble:
Spot: 17
Listen: 18]
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 4th of February, 2006, 01:03
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
As with others, Sekmet with keep an eye and ear out for trouble.

Spot: roll 4 + skill 8 = 12
Listen: roll 8 + skill 8 = 16

[OOC: Terrible rolls!]
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 4th of February, 2006, 01:08
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.08 per day)
[ooc, a certain beautiful symmetry to these rolls....

spot: 13 + 7 = 20
listen: 15 + 5 = 20]
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 4th of February, 2006, 02:59
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
A meeting along the road.....

As you ride along the rolling lush hills of Zamoria following the road away from the city of Urkira (where the valley of the Count you left resides) and more towards Vos Fort/Shadizar, you see what appears to be a weary lonely traveler leading his tired mount by its reins near the bottom of the next hill, about a mile or so away from you.

You've traveled about 16 miles so far and your horses are beginning to get weary and hungry as your own stomachs begin to growl for some sort of lunch perhaps.

[ooc: feel free to rp some with your skill checks/etc, introducing jedric's pc]
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 4th of February, 2006, 13:23
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
"What say we stop and eat friends?" Darius suggests, the own rumbling of his stomach threatening to drown out his words. "Maybe this traveller can tell us of what he's seen on the road and has some advice as to what we might expect as we approach Shadizar."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 5th of February, 2006, 05:28
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
"Some rest would be good, especially for the wounded," Sekmet glances over toward Darius. "Maybe the scout should check on the traveller ahead?"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 7th of February, 2006, 07:30
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
The traveller stops and turns to face the group on the road. He turns his horse as he does so, such that most of his movements are blocked by his mount.

Any onlookers will see a man of athletic build with sandy colored hair and a moustache, his face is quite thin, almost ascetic. He is dressed in weather stained clothes which may have been of good quality, by his side he has a sword. It is difficult to discern more from this distance.

OOC: Er, do I need a PC thread? Physical description, potted history, that kind of thing.
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 7th of February, 2006, 07:35
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.08 per day)
"He seems harmless enough," Harith mutters to the group as he grips his bow suspiciously, "as long as he keeps his hand off that sword hilt. Let us all approach him together."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 7th of February, 2006, 07:59
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
"I agree," Darius quips. "That way he has to face all of us at once instead of one at a time." As a precautionary measure, the Corinthian shifts his shield from his back to his arm.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 7th of February, 2006, 13:17
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Sekmet will hang back, preparing to ready his bow if necessary, and glances around to see if there may be others lurking.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 8th of February, 2006, 04:26
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
Maintaining his position behind his mount, the traveler watches the riders approach, he is looking for signs of friendliness or alternatively of aggression. Although his face seems tired his eyes are alert, but perhaps slightly worried.

Out of sight of the advancing riders, his hand lies near his bow, but also near a water skin. The group’s actions will determine which he takes to hand.
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 8th of February, 2006, 09:37
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Belkregos brings his horse to a slow pace as he cautiously approaches the traveler, his right hand at rest casually over his right thigh close to his sword hilt, the reigns in the left hand,

"G’morn traveler….
On your way to Shadizar ?"

Appearance: powerful and lean built body, scared, exceptionally tall, pale complexion with bluish tint to it, raven black hair usually shaven, the shaven facial hair adds to the bluish tint of his complexion, dark grey eyes
Wearing a Breast plate and Great sword hung his horses side for ease of access, brown worn leather pants and boots
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 9th of February, 2006, 05:14
jedric's Avatar
jedric
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1102
Location: Just up the road from Letocetum
Posts: 281 (0.06 per day)
The traveller stands his ground, but remains behind his horse.

"G’morn traveler….
On your way to Shadizar ?"
He nods to the hail, his face remains neutral, neither friendly nor unfriendly.

"I am going that way yes. Can I say one thing before things go further, I have little wealth beyod teh obvious, this nag of mine is probably my most expensive possession, so if you're bandits please look elsewhere for I'm poor pickings. Conversely if you're honest folk then your pardon for such poor manners but a man needs to be careful don't you think?"

He smiles slightly, nervously. His eyes flitting around taking in as much as he can.

OOC: His manner is tense but quite well mannered, perhaps even refined, his accent identifies him as a Westerner, probably a Corinthian.
__________________
""I'm not going to argue, but I'm right!"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 9th of February, 2006, 05:21
Harith
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #799
Location: Oceano, CA
Posts: 443 (0.08 per day)
In a Shemitish accent, and with an even tone, the olive-skinned Harith speaks: "Whence come you? And why to Shadizar, of all places? We are certainly not bandits, though we have fought off many who'd sooner cook you breakfast than listen to your plea."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 9th of February, 2006, 05:37
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
A laugh escapes Belkregos usual serious demeanor
And nods at Harith Comments without taking his eyes from the traveler

“Aye, we’re no bandits, not right now any way (he smiles)”

The accent and look are mark him as Hyperborean
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 9th of February, 2006, 06:38
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.92 per day)
Freya looks at the man leading the horse as she slowly approaches, her mount a great stallion, her body covered in the chain with her horned helmet signifying her Aesir heritage (not to mention her blue eyes and blonde hair)

Her warsword hangs in its baldric over her shoulder and her mount is carrying saddlebags and a fine saddle, but she sits poised for action should it be needed.

She lets Belkregos and the others speak to the stranger first, listening intently to the conversation.

[ooc: yes jedric please post your pc in the character thread and you can see Freya's info there, for anyone not talking to jedric and keeping any eyes out, spot/listen checks]

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 9th of February, 2006 at 06:41.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 20:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren