Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 25th of March, 2006, 14:50
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Chapter 2: Shaded Company

Carmine char the dawning sky,
Sin nix the purus dye,
Dusk facade the truer zon,
Sonne uniscasi on...



Panic would be a euphemism. In the massive world of creation, the greatest of miracles and the most horrible of travesties have transcended imagination. This would be one of the latter. The group huddles close as fetid pours from the sky, veiling the landscape in a disgusting haze. The ground oozes with every step as you trek through the filth. It took a full 10 minutes to stop Lacuna from screaming. Even now she speaks little more than sobs, clinging to Kheervis and Silver Wind. Ahead you can just barely see the jagged outline of a mountain. Shelter can't be far off.
  #2  
Unread 29th of March, 2006, 17:03
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra shivered as she walked next to Lacuna, her Grand Goremaul gripped tight in her hand and ready for anything that might spring at them from this unnatural rain. She tried hard to focus on the situation at hand, but in the back of her mind the information that the Dragon Blood had given them ran around in circles.

Looking up ahead, Shaedra could just make out a mountian, hopefully they could find shelter there. Shaedra looked around at her companions, her eyes breifly resting on each member of their group. She wondered how they were coping with what had happened. Finally her eyes rested on Lacuna as she clings to Kheervis. It seemed as though the strange rain had effected her most of all, though Shaedra also felt sick to her stomach.

Only the feeling that this was her duty, to protect her companions, allowed her to stay strong.
__________________

  #3  
Unread 29th of March, 2006, 17:50
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind was not feeling any better than she had several minutes ago. She had moved to riding atop Kheervis once they had gotten moving, and listened quite intently when Lacuna had explained the rather large Dragon-Blooded presence after them.

While the news that the massive force behind them was not actually a Hunt sent after them was relieving, some ancient, powerful part of her felt insulted. And the idea of an artifact so powerful as to require such a large force of Exalted was definately disconcerting.

And then it had started raining. Blood. And Lacuna, poor Lacuna, was having something akin to a panic attack. Though truly Silver Wind was not too far from having one herself. And the only reason Kheervis hadn't bolted yet was because of his intense desire to stay near her.

I have to keep strong. Shaedra is too injured for another pitched battle, I need to get Kheervis out of this...this blasphemy, Lacuna is near breaking down completely, and the Lunars are going to be distracted by their own problems with the new girl, Kami. I need to stay focused and strong. For all of them.

Then Silver Wind noticed that her silver hair was being stained with even more blood, adding itself to what was already sticking to her hair from the previous battle.

And I need to braid my hair so it doesn't get any more blood in it.

So Silver Wind began braiding her hair even as she spoke words of encouragement to Kheervis and Lacuna. It would probably take most of the time to do so, and it was something to keep at least some part of her mind preoccupied with. A part that wouldn't be thinking of what was landing on her as they all moved.

Unfortunately she couldn't keep all of her attentioned occupied otherwise. She was all too aware of the blood.
  #4  
Unread 31st of March, 2006, 14:21
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden trudged on trough the bloody rain in his warform. The weather had put him on edge and he wasnít taking any chances. The cloak he was wearing provided a little protection from the rain of blood. Unfortunately his companions didnít seem as lucky. The stench filled his sensitive nose making it hard to think straight.

How was all this happening? What type of demon can rain blood form the sky? I donít thank that Lacuna could have had anything to do with this. Could she?

Tiden thought back on what Lacuna had told them. Though he personally disliked using anything other than what Luna had blessed him with, he didnít like the idea of letting the Dragon blooded get their hands on a powerful weapon.

So much has happened in the past few hours, Tiden was having trouble sorting out his mind. He just hoped that he could get some shelter and time to think when they arrived at the upcoming mountains.

[Transformation into war form 2 motes]

Last edited by CouchpotatoGOD; 31st of March, 2006 at 14:23.
  #5  
Unread 31st of March, 2006, 15:31
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Icarus understood Lacuna quite fine, but what threw him off was te percipitation. It looked like blood. It felt like blood. It smelled like blood. This WAS blood, and this fact started Icarus, giving him an incredible uncomfortable feeling. Icarus had to deal with blood a lot, but prefered to only be exposed to it when necessesary. This was a little too much, being soaked in blood, and whose? Icarus shuddered, starting to feel sick as the pungent aroma began consuming his senses.

Shuddering again, Icarus bent over and felt the protective cover of his wings above him. Too much more of this might begin to test is sanity...


[War form]
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #6  
Unread 31st of March, 2006, 18:50
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
As soon as the filth and blood started pouring from the sky Kami retreated into her feline form and clung tightly to the horse every muscle tensed ready to bolt.

With Lacuna in hysterics, Kami herself is not far from it, her eyes wide open darting left and right. The smell and scent of.. blood.. thick and cloying the coppery tang coating the back of her throat. The fetid filth pouring from the sky, being caught up in something entirely beyond her knowledge or ken a frightening experience. Only a determination to be better than Lacuna and present a stoic front like Tiden and Icarus keeps her giving in to her terror.
[2 motes personal, shifting to her totem form]

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 31st of March, 2006 at 18:59.
  #7  
Unread 3rd of April, 2006, 09:43
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
After such an endeavor, safety inside the mountain cave is a relief for all of you. Icarus had spotted it through the red haze as you climbed the first peak and you hurried in for shelter. The cave and surrounding mountain terrain is several hundred feet higher than the rolling plains. Unlike the dark soil below, the mountains are composed of a soft, sand colored stone, though it's difficult to tell in the dark of the storm. The mouth has a wide opening, about 30 feet across and 15 feet high. Outside the cave is a flat plateau which drops sharply downhill about 50 feet from the mouth of the cave. The heavy green vegetation has been left behind, this terrain only garnished with the occasional bare tree or bush.

A passage continues onward into the darkness of the mountain, not interesting you at the moment as the storm rages on outside. While you are no longer being rained upon, like normal blood, it refuses to come off. You're all drenched in it. Silver Wind's hair is soaked in it. There's nothing any of you can really do about it, except try and relax while the smell follows you everywhere. It's unnerving.

Some shapes are taking form through the haze of rain. The black silhouettes of two men, thick clad in armor, step into view. Their features are hard to distinguish, but they're relaxed. Too relaxed. They stand outside, mere feet from shelter under the cave, watching you. You don't need to know know who they are. You know what's coming as you all come to your feet, hands reaching for your blades.

One of them moves, revealing the twisted bow that had been in his grasp the entire time. He draws it in a heartbeat and fires, a bolt of purple-black searing the air. Lacuna sidesteps, making a practiced dodge, but cries out as it strikes her in the side. She steps back, then screams again as the arrow takes on a life of its own, burrowing itself deeper and deeper into her. A bolt of lightning strikes, casting a flash of light. In that moment, you can see their revolting amusement.


[Initiative: Icarus 19, Tiden 16, Lacuna 16, Silver Wind 15, Unknown one 14, Unknown two 12 , Kami 11, Shaedra 7]




  #8  
Unread 5th of April, 2006, 00:55
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Icarus responded to the threat with lightning reflexes. In no time his pearl had slipped into his hand and burst into a flaming longbow. Icarus focused down the sights of the bows and released two searing arrows at the shady figure who had just attacked and another at his companion. The arrows were fired so rapidly that the whistle following them seemed to almost give Icarus a temporary reprieve from the pounding rain and the awful scent of the blood surrounding them.



Three attacks with Silver Waterfall Technique
Bow Attack: Dex 7 + Archery 5 + Acc 5

(Extra) Bow Attack: Dex 7 + Archery 5 + Acc 5

(Extra) Bow Attack: Dex 7 + Archery 5 + Acc 5

1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 8 8 9 9 10 10 = 8 Successes = (8L + 2L + 1L) = 11L
1 2 3 3 3 4 5 6 6 7 8 8 9 9 10 10 10 = 11 Successes = (11L + 2L = 1L) = 14L
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 7 7 8 8 9 9 9 10 10 = 11 Successes = (11L + 2L + 1L) = 14L
Essence expenditure = 1 Willpower + 9 Personal Essence:
6 motes and 1W for Charm and 3 motes for bow formation
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #9  
Unread 11th of April, 2006, 05:16
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden was pleased to finally have something to battle other than the foul rain of blood. Perhaps after a bit of persuading they would be able to answer some of his questions.

Still in his warform, Tiden charges forward, intent on stopping the archer before he shoots another one of those strange arrows. The attacks came fast and deadly. He sliced at any openings in the large armor that he could find hoping to reach flesh and bone.

[Three attacks on the archer (1st attack Dex8+brawl6+wepon4-move3=dice15 1223589999991010=11successes) (2nd attack Dex8+brawl6+wepon4-move4=dice14 13335566678999=5successes) (3rd attack Dex8+brawl6+wepon4-move5=dice13 13333445556710 =3successes)]
  #10  
Unread 13th of April, 2006, 15:03
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Luck is not with the Dragonblooded this day. Lacuna is against the wall, her hands desperately grasping at the arrow in her side. Despite her efforts the arrow remains, relentlessly obedient. She gasps, her face contorted with pain as she shouts out at the others for help.
  #11  
Unread 17th of April, 2006, 11:50
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
It was just like last time. So much was happening, so fast. She was starting to get used to it, to the blurring speed and quick thinking that was necessary to stay alive during these situations. But it was so much worse than last time. This time the stench of blood didn't hang in the air, it filled it. And Lacuna's screaming was so different from the shouts of surprise and pain from the Dragon-Blooded at the cavern. It was filled with fear and agony as well.

This wasn't a battle between soldiers like it had been against the Dragon-Blooded yesterday. This was a battle between forces so powerful that Creation itself bent to their will.

This was a battle between Exalted.

Silver Wind sprung into action. Her bow already in her hand, she rushed over to Lacuna even as the woman started shouting for help. Her hand flew forward and grasped the unnatural arrow's shaft even as it continued to wriggle its way further into the Dragon-Blood. Yanking with all her might, Silver Wind glared in the archer's direction and hoped her plan worked. Shooting an archer with his own arrow might help draw his attentioned away from her injured companions.

[OOC: Moving to pull the arrow out of Lacuna and then use it to fire at the archer. I'm not sure if these would be considered multiple actions or not so Iíll let Erendiox roll for me. I'll give you my dice pools below.

Pull out the arrow: Strength 3 + Athletics 2 = 5 dice
Attack (if possible): Dexterity 3 + Archery 2 + Accuracy 2 = 7 dice]
  #12  
Unread 17th of May, 2006, 06:27
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Icarus snaps into action, summoning up his fiery bow and launching arrows at your shadowed foes. They react with an uncanny grace that chills the bone. The first of the two ducks and fades, his form disappearing completely into cloud of dark smoke, your arrow meeting nothing. Concentrating on the offense you turn your last two shots at the one you can still see. His form mutates in the same fashion, trailing thick black smoke as he moves. One shot seems to strike him, only to pass through his seemingly incorporeal body. The next meets him, an audible crash and sizzle of charged essence echoing into the distance. You can't see much through the black haze of magic, but his body language tells you he's been hit and injured. A sudden chill down Icarus' spine warns of an unsettling danger.

Tiden coils for an attack, takes a step forward and hesitates as his target suddenly dematerializes. Your eyes sift through the haze of rain, hunting for your opponent. Instincts that you have only begun to understand guide you back toward your companion, a sideward lunge saving Icarus a cold dagger's intent as you hurl yourself at the dark figure who had reformed behind him. Your claws extend and meet the dark man's armor, shredding cloth and padding as you miss his skin, ever so slightly. You push him backward with your ferocity, multiple attacks forcing distance between him and Icarus. His fluidness makes him difficult to strike but you can sense you're stressing his limits.

Silver Wind springs into action. Her bow already in her hand, she rushes over to Lacuna even as the woman starts shouting for help. Her hand flies forward and grasps the unnatural arrow's shaft even as it continues to wriggle its way further into the Dragonblood. Yanking with all her might, the arrow comes loose, still wriggling in Silver Wind's hand. Lacuna recoils in pain, but now with the arrow out of her, turns with resentment toward the one who had injured her so. Silver Wind knocks the ill-mannered arrow and fires, the bolt lit with determination. It strikes him, lodging itself inbetween two armor plates. The man finches but seems otherwise unhurt. Your disappointment is cut short as the arrow comes back to life again, not hesitating to burrow into the flesh of it's own master.

While the dark one with the bow is preoccupied with his own defense, the other has plans. He takes a step backward and pulls Icarus' arrow from his torso. With his other hand he reaches into a pocket to find a malicious little device. It's a metal trinket, the size of a knife's handle, rectangularly shaped. It sports a small red button on top. He lifts the device into the air, grins, and pushes it.

The mouth of the cave explodes, a fiery blast blinding everyone momentarily as dust and rock fly about. A rock slide yards thick blocks the way as the entrance collapses. Icarus and Tiden, as well as the two dark men, are outside the cave. Shaedra, en route with a mighty charge, ends up on the outside of the cave as well. Kami, Silver Wind, and Lacuna, however, are trapped in the complete darkness of the tunnel. Aside from the muffled sounds of battle outside, you all can hear something approaching from within the cave.

[stunt dice: Silver Wind 7,7,4,3 - Initiative: Kami 11, Shaedra 7]

  #13  
Unread 22nd of May, 2006, 07:26
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Finally the group reached the mountian and found a cave, giving them shelter from the nauseating rain. She was glad she had washed most of the blood from the previous day off in the river earlier. If she hadn't she would have been caked in blood, with no way to tell what was hers and what wasn't.

Once inside the cave Shaedra dropped her pack to one side and collapsed next to it. The rain of blood had taken a toll on her emotionally, she was depressed and the beautiful sun rise seemed far away, as if in another life.

Suddenly two figures appeared at the mouth of the cave, for a brief instant Shaedra wondered if they too were seeking refuge from the unnatural rain. But when the paused outside the cave, and just stood there, looking at the group, an inner voice warned that these men were not what they seemed.

In a flurry of motion one of the men raises the bow and fires a bolt of purple-black energy straight at Lacuna. Her scream seemed to spark the group into action, Icarus and Tiden moving to attack the two men in black, while Silver Wind rushed to help Lacuna.

For a mere fraction of a second Shaedra didn't know what to do, then instinct took over. Calling upon the essence within her, Shaedra formed it into a charm she had learned, one called Hungry Tiger Technique. Shaedra charges forward, gripping her Goremaul tightly in her hand.

As she charges one of the dark men raises something in his hand and pushes down on it with his thumb. Behind her, Shaedra can hear the cave explode, and a few rocks fly at her back, only to hit her armor. As she nears the man with the strange device, she raises her Goremaul, and brings it down with devastating force at her target. As her Goremaul moves through the air, it leaves golden streamers in it's wake, remanents of the charm, that even now was taking effect.

[OOC: As you can see I'm using my original post and rolls, only slightly modified to fit the current situation.]

[Spending 1 mote and activating the Charm Hungry Tiger Technique (counts my extra successes twice for the purpose of determining damage).
Dex (3) + Melee (5) + Specialty in Maul (2) - Wound Penalty (2) = 8 dice to roll:
5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10 = 10 Successes
Damage Pool = Str (5) + Weapon (9) + Extra Successes (9 x 2 = 18) = 32 dice]
__________________

  #14  
Unread 26th of May, 2006, 07:04
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Shaedra sprints across the still shaking stone floor, her opponent clearing through a haze of dust and black smoke. As her Goremaul moves through the air, it leaves golden streamers in its wake, remnants of the charm, that even now was taking effect. A flash of darkness and the sound of two giant objects colliding as the dark one's Goremaul comes up out of nowhere to meet yours. With your weapons pressed against each other, you both in mid motion, he stares at you with a blank expression; the chilled look of one who is forever dead. Nobody moves that fast on their own. You can tell his magic is what saved him, and that it took great effort to summon up such a response.

[Stunt dice: Shaedra 8,4 - Initiative: Tiden 26, Shaedra 23, Unknown 20, Icarus 19, Unknown 11]
  #15  
Unread 30th of May, 2006, 06:45
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden glanced at the cave for only a moment knowing better than to be distracted from an opponent. Without letting himself think about what may have happened to the others Tiden strengthened his assault knowing that he would have to kill the strange intruders before he could help anyone.

Gathering energy Tiden makes four clawed attacks with deadly accuracy each swipe a possible killing blow.

[Four attacks on the archer using Hydra Head Attack (1st attack Dex8+brawl6+wepon4=dice18 1223555778888899910=12successes) (2nd attack Dex8+brawl6+wepon4=dice18 1122344455667789910=7successes) (3rd attack Dex8+brawl6+wepon4=dice18 1113334455677779910 =8successes) (4rth attack Dex8+brawl6+wepon4=dice18 1133445555568889910=7successes) (used 9motes and 1willpower)]
  #16  
Unread 30th of May, 2006, 07:42
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra raises her free hand and grabs the black goremaul, trying to keep it from moving while she sets herself for the next part of her attack. Shifting her weight to one foot, Shaedra uses the other one to hook the ankle of her opponent. With a mighty jerk, Shaedra pulls her opponents leg towards her, at the same time shoving back on his goremaul, knocking him backwards.

With her goremaul now free, Shaedra swings it down then back up at her opponent to send him flying upwards. Pausing for the briefest of moments to regain her balance, Shaedra then jumps upwards. After passing the man in black in mid air she again calls on her essence to activate a charm. Swinging her Goremaul over her head with both hands, Shaedra brings it down with as much force as she can bring to bear at her opponent.

Then she drops gracefully back down to the ground, landing on both feet ready incase the man in black tries anything.


[OOC: Making 2 attacks and spending 5 motes to activate the charm Fire and Stones Strike for the second attack.
Fire and Stones Strike: If the blow lands, the character converts one die of unsoaked damage into an automatic damage success for every mote of essence spent. (If more motes of essence are spent than the attacker does in dice of damage, the excess is wasted.)
Attack #1: Dex (3) + Melee (5) + Specialty (2) - Wound penalties (2) - dice pool split (2) = 6 dice + spending one willpower for an automatic success:
1, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10 = 7 Successes
Damage Pool: Str (5) + Weapon (9) + Extra Successes (7) = 21 dice
Attack #2: Dex (3) + Melee (5) + Specialty (2) - Wound penalties (2) - dice pool split (3) = 5 dice:
1, 4, 7, 10, 10 = 5 successes
Damage Pool:
Str (5) + Weapon (9) + Extra Successes (5) = 19 dice]
__________________

  #17  
Unread 6th of June, 2006, 12:35
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
The man in black shuffles backward, staying fluid in an attempt to turn his opponents rage and power aside. Moving sinuously toward the wall of the mountain, he flips high upward, rotating backwards in a curled ball, then, digging his strange knife into the rock face while inverted, he lands in a crouch on the wall. Seeing another powerful attack coming, and feeling gravity catch up with his irrational position, the dark one uses the knife as a focal point of leverage. He runs in a full circle and breaks into a sprint to ascend higher up, using gravity like a slingshot to launch himself higher. Pulling the knife out of the rock wall with one hand as he passes by, stretching upward with the bow in his other hand and running as far up the cliff as his momentum will allow, he grabs a small protruding root with his bowstring to maintain his height. Effectively climbing up the sheer surface, he ends hanging casually with one arm, some 20 feet above the lunar.

[The dark one is simply stunting his own defense]
  #18  
Unread 18th of June, 2006, 09:32
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Recovering from the crashing boulders behind him, Icarus continued his pursuit of the shady character his arrow had connected with just a moment before. Drawing the bow, he set his sights on his enemy and released. As soon as the fiery bolt left his bow, he dashed after it and swung at his enemy with a flaming longsword as the bow shifted in his hands.

[OCC: Bow attack and Sword attack]:
Bow: 7 dexterity + 5 archery + 5 acc = 13 - 1 =12 dicepool
Sword: 7 dexterity + 4 melee + 5 acc = 12 - 2 = 10 dicepool
1st action: 12 ( 1 1 2 4 5 6 6 7 8 0 0 0 0) 10 successes
2nd action: 10 (4 4 5 6 7 7 7 8 0 0) 8 successes
3 motes for pearl transformation
__________________
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a while; set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  #19  
Unread 7th of July, 2006, 13:28
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Tiden activates a powerful charm and attacks with great speed, the dark one backstepping with a practiced grace. His magic acts with malicious intent, weakening the Lunar's blows and manipulating entropy. Still, Tiden is not one to trifle with. His claws hit home with one strike, supercharged with essence, raking across cold black armor to strike the flesh beneath. The dark one immediately makes an impressive retreat. Moving sinuously toward the wall of the mountain, he flips high upward, rotating backwards in a curled ball, then, digging his strange knife into the rock face while inverted, he lands in a crouch on the wall. Seeing another powerful attack coming, and feeling gravity catch up with his irrational position, the dark one uses the knife as a focal point of leverage. He runs in a full circle and breaks into a sprint to ascend higher up, using gravity like a slingshot to launch himself higher. Pulling the knife out of the rock wall with one hand as he passes by, stretching upward with the bow in his other hand and running as far up the cliff as his momentum will allow, he grabs a small protruding root with his bowstring to maintain his height. Effectively climbing up the sheer surface, he ends hanging casually with one arm, some 20 feet above the lunar. While successfully evading the full moon, blood wells up quickly where Tiden's claws struck, indicating a serious wound.

Shaedra raises her free hand and grabs the black goremaul, trying to keep it from moving while she sets herself for the next part of her attack. Shifting her weight to one foot, Shaedra uses the other one to hook the ankle of her opponent. With a mighty jerk, Shaedra pulls her opponents leg towards her, at the same time shoving back on his goremaul, knocking him backwards.

With her goremaul now free, Shaedra swings it down then back up at her opponent to send him flying upwards. The man in black, startled at this great strength summoned up by a woman, cries out in surprise as the blow solidly launches him into the air. Pausing for the briefest of moments to regain her balance, Shaedra then jumps upwards. After passing the man in black in mid air she again calls on her essence to activate a charm. Swinging her Goremaul over her head with both hands, Shaedra brings it down with as much force as she can bring to bear at her opponent. The essence charged swing hurls him painfully back to earth, rocks splitting and shattering as his mass ruins the entrance's smooth rock finish.

Shaedra drops gracefully back down to the ground, landing on both feet ready incase the man in black tries anything.

Recovering from the crashing boulders behind him, Icarus continued his pursuit of the shady character his arrow had connected with just a moment before. Drawing the bow, he set his sights on his enemy and released. The arrow makes it through the black haze of smoke and armor, sticking Icarus's opponent in the side, of which he seems to ignore. The dark one seems to be ignoring almost everything you all have thrown at him, brushing off Shaedra's powerful attack as if it was an annoyance, though he seem to be getting progressively more injured as he takes a repeated beating. Even his thick articulated plates can't protect him indefinitely. Taking a look around him, and seeing that Icarus is closer to him after the trip back to the floor, the dark one sets his sights on the lunar. He rushes Icarus with fervor, a rush the no moon returns, morphing the pearl into a longsword for close combat. Only when stepping toe to toe with this opponent does Icarus notice just how big he is. He's actually just as big as the lunars are in their war forms, which is pretty damn big. You swing your blade, trying to find a weak point between his heavy armor and strange movements. Icarus hits home again, slitting his forearm open though a gap in the armor. Blood gushes as the dark one roars with rage and reels back his massive weapon to smash it down. His body suffuses with a cold, dark light, his maul trailing dark clouds. With a mighty explosion of rock and dark energy, his weapon flattens Icarus hard into the floor, blood and feathers everywhere.

The lunar immediately feels his very being cast under the pressure of the blow, the dark magic smashing deep into his soul. Like squeezing a sphere of hollow glass, it presses down and seeks to shatter him. With all his strength he fights back, warding the magic away, but not before a few cracks sear him from the inside.

Finally the magic ends, vanishing like clouds in the wind. Icarus lays in a crater of mangled rock that spans 20 feet across, still whole and, amazingly, still able to move, even after a strike that would have killed a mortal man ten times over. The dark one draws back his weapon and smiles devilishly down, his iron grey eyes meeting Icarus'. He stands back and watches Icarus remove himself from the rubble, the lunar's pain and struggle to stand only greatening his amusement. The dark one bellows out a roar of excitement, then shouts in low realm, his voice deep and booming, appropriate to his muscle and size.

"I am Shimi of Stolen Maidens, and I have bested you this day! Ahahahaha!"


[Icarus takes 8 levels of physical damage (lethal) and 5 levels of magic damage (lethal) from the dark one's charm. Icarus's check to resist permanent essence loss: (10,9,5) = 3 successes. Result of Sheadra's stunt dice: first attack (10,8) second attack (6,4). Initiative: Tiden 20, Shimi 18, Shaedra 18, Unknown 16, Icarus 14]

  #20  
Unread 9th of July, 2006, 13:42
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden's excitement for the battle was increasing every second. His prey had gotten away from him but not before his claws got a chance to catch some flesh. Tiden smiled as he saw his enemy's blood on his claws. His pursuit was suddenly cut short as he heard a thundering crash from behind him. As he looked back, fear and anger welled up in Tiden's gut as he realized what had just happened. Icarus is just about the only person Tiden saw as a friend. Seeing him crushed near death made him furious.

Calling upon his anima, Tiden could feel his muscles amplify with the power of the full moon and with a godly burst of speed he runs straight at Shimi. Focusing on the powers of his beast gifts, Tiden shifts his claws into long hooks, shaping them in a circular fashion. Flanking his opponent in the midst of his laughter, Tiden reaches out with his silver claws and latches onto the neck of his opponent's goremaul while still running at full speed. Tiden is launched off of his fleet, swinging sideways on the gigantic weapon, coming around toward Shimi. Using all of his strength and speed, Tiden lets go of the goremaul, flies over the gigantic man and, at the same time, latches his feet around his Shimi's neck with the added speed and gudence of his essence. Using the momentum of the swing and his gigantic strength, Tiden pierces the ground with his claws, Screams "Bastard!" into his ear and launches the gloating demon with his legs on a crash course into the rock wall and the other demon.

[one attack on the shimi using tyrant lizard striek (attack Dex8+brawl6+wepon4+charm8=dice26 1222223345566667788899991010=13successes)]
  #21  
Unread 2nd of August, 2006, 06:48
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Shimi is taken slightly by surprise, spinning around just as Tiden set his acrobatics in motion. Calling on his essence, the dark one shifts and moves to break Tiden's form, nulling his attack. He regains his footing and makes a swing back at the raging lunar, all with a cleverly placed charm.
  #22  
Unread 10th of October, 2006, 08:29
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra glances around to make sure Shimi's companion wasn't going to try anything, then returns her full attention back to Shimi.

Seeing his attention was fully on Tiden, Shaedra moves in to take advantage of the opening. Moving quickly and carefully around the crater, Shaedra approaches Shimi's back.

As she ran, essence flowed through her, uniting her with her goremaul to form a devastating attack. Just as she reached Shimi she swung her goremaul with all her might, hoping that this attack might finally bring down one of the two strange men who were causing all of them so much trouble.


[Spending 1 mote and activating the Charm Hungry Tiger Technique (counts my extra successes twice for the purpose of determining damage).
Dex (3) + Melee (5) + Specialty in Maul (2) - Wound Penalty (2) = 8 dice to roll:
3, 7, 7, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10 = Successes
Damage Pool = Str (5) + Weapon (9) + Extra Successes (9 x 2 = 18) = 32 dice]
__________________

  #23  
Unread 26th of February, 2007, 12:16
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Shimi swings his massive pillar of a weapon inbetween himself and Tiden, trying to ward off the Lunar's fangs. Dark clouds bubble up around him with a deep black-blue tint, shifting and flashing as Shimi continues to consume his pool of magic. Tiden lunges, the dark one's swing harrowing him from his path of attack as their magics clashed. Shimi, with a clever charm, moves in to counterattack raising the goremaul high above his head. The rake across Shimi's face was too fast for him as his head reels downward from the blow, his opportunity ruined, the first sight of open blood from the giant spilling onto the floor. Tiden then reaches out with his silver claws and latches onto the neck of his opponent's goremaul while still running at full speed. He launches off of his fleet, swinging sideways on the gigantic weapon, coming around toward Shimi. Using all of his strength and speed, Tiden lets go of the goremaul, flies over the gigantic man and, at the same time, latches his feet around his Shimi's neck with the added speed and guidance of his essence. Using the momentum of the swing and his gigantic strength, Tiden pierces the ground with his claws, Screams "Bastard!" into his ear and launches the gloating demon with his legs on a crash course into the rock wall and the other demon. Shimi's companion, still suspended from a root, jumps away, Shimi shattering the rock wall he was hanging next to just a moment before.

Before he even has time to fully extricate himself from the rubble, the sound of Shaedra's approach warns him of another assault. This one strikes him squarely in the kidney, launching him backward into more rocks. He finally recovers to his feet only to cough up blood, leaning on the shaft of his weapon for leverage.

Shimi looks up wearily, Shaedra raising her goremaul, ready to pound the rest out of them. Tiden too, stretches his muscles in classic lunar fashion, eager for the next strike. Shimi then glances with a frustrated look at his companion, but a few feet away, a look that is returned, and they both nod.

Icarus, who had been dealt low just a moment before, seemed at his feet. As if his body had chosen to wait a few seconds before informing him the devastation he had just incurred, Icarus then suddenly feels his being waver and fade. Letting out a long breath, he collapses face first into a puddle of dirt and blood, his own gore mixing with the puke still raining from the sky. Tiden and Shaedra, concern taking the better of them, turn towards him in alarm, and the demons take their opportunity. With a snap of essence and an explosion wind and black light, they leap into the distance away from the mountain. Flying insurmountably high into the air, their figures and animas quickly becoming dots on the already black horizon.



[Stunt dice results: Tiden 2, 7]
  #24  
Unread 15th of March, 2007, 15:30
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.12 per day)
With everyone's attention on the severely injured Icarus, they do not notice a large and tall man step out of the woods until he calls to them. "Hello!" He calls out.

The man is also covered in the grotesque and bloody rain that falls from the sky, his dark hair and beard matted with the Malfean-esque stormfall. Though his expression is one of someone who has accepted his unfortunate fate and is trying to make the best of it. You feel as though he would be smiling were it not for the wretched and unnatural weather. You also quickly notice an axe in his right hand, though he holds it close to the weapon's head and with a fairly relaxed grip. You get the impression that if hands could talk his would say, 'I do not want to fight you, but I will if I have to.'

He then calls out in a friendly tone, "I see you've managed to avoid about as much of this wea..." He then stops mid-sentence as he truly seems to take in the sight of everyone there, "By the hundred Gods!" He exclaims, as his expression quickly turns to one of shock... and could it be concern? "That blood that covers you isn't just from this demonic storm! You need help!"

He quickly breaks into a healthy jog towards you as he pulls up the sleeve on his right arm to show you the back of his hand and fore-arm clearly revealing silver tattoos, as he drops his arm back down he drops his axe to the ground and says, "I'm also a Lunar! I can help you! I have the gift of healing!" The tone of his voice is one of urgency and concern, though there is no panic in his eyes.
  #25  
Unread 26th of March, 2007, 13:44
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden watched helpless as the two demons flee. Normally he would have followed them, but since Icarus would normally be the one tracking and scouting, there is little hope of catching them. Instead Tiden let out his rage with a few curses under his breath in Forest-Tongue and took comfort in the fact that it was them and not him fleeing.

After he had calmed himself, Tiden started to inspect Icarus. Getting a good look at Icarus' injuries, he wished that he had paid more attention to his mentor when she was explaining how to treat wounds. With the gift to heal even the most massive of wounds in the matter of moments, why would he ever need to know the art of medicine? He could only hope that Shaedra knew how.

With Tiden's attention on Icarus he didn't notice the man step out of the woods till he yelled his greeting. Surprised, Tiden's first instinct is to defend Icarus, but after seeing the tatoos on the strange man, he relaxes and lets him by.

"Gift of healing? Well you are in perfect time bretheren."

Stepping back, Tiden waves toward Icarus. "do what you must. I will watch your back in case any more demon spawns come."
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 22:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren