Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 30th of July, 2004, 12:10
Tolvai's Avatar
Tolvai
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #838
Posts: 7 (0.00 per day)
Stepping away in anguish away from the carnage he had created, Indurian takes a second look at things but quickly overlooks his thoughts of regret after realizing there are others. Feeling a sense of danger and inquiring to know where it's coming from he locks eyes to the nearest silholette approaching him in the cave. Indeed the women he sees before him looks formidable, riding hard toward him. The sound of hooves greatly worried Indurian, but he was so infuriated, nothing would stand in his way. The eyes lock but Indurain could sense that she was a solar, now like himself. Feeling more powerful than ever before, he was ready for anything, even fighting to the death. Pain was just a small price to pay for vengence of the many years of torture. It was either the women, or the treasure, and he found himself in confrontation, rather than greed at the moment.

Feeling a need to speak his mind, he yells out.

"Who are you!?! Speak quickly stranger, or I will end you...just like the others..."

Last edited by Erendiox; 30th of July, 2004 at 12:14.
  #27  
Unread 1st of August, 2004, 05:23
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Riding through the scene of carnage on Kheervis, Silver Wind tried her best not to look at the bodies lying around her. But that didn't stop the smell. The stench of death threatened to overwhelm her and make her fall over and start vomiting, but she managed to hold onto both Kheervis and her stomach.

Approaching the new Solar, she watched as he turned around and looked at her, providing her with her first real look at the man. She expected to see a face with cold, uncaring eyes, hardened from years of killing and cruelty. Instead she saw the softer lines of a boy just entering manhood, and soft sandstone colored eyes that so contrasted her own. But those eyes were not soft out of sadness or warmth, but weariness and fatigue. His clothes were ragged, his hair was a mess, and he obviously hadn't been clean in a while.

He must have gone through Malfeas to end up looking like that. I sure hope my hair never looks that bad. Wait, I never did get a chance to clean my hair after my little jaunt into the forest. She brought Kheervis back down to a trot as she approached the man. He shouted out to her that she identify herself, or she'd end up another piece of the slaughter behind her. She was both shocked and horrified. The shock was from the language the man had shouted out in. It was River-Speak; a language she had not heard another soul utter in many months now.

But the horror was from the way he had threatened her. It stabbed into Silver Wind like a dagger thrusting through her heart, evaporating the shock and replacing it with bitter regret. He is obviously willing to kill with very little provocation, if any at all. She brought Kheervis to a stop at that thought, turning him to the side as if to block off her companions from getting closer to the glowing man or vice versa. She was still several feet from him as she dismounted from Kheervis.

Her back to the man, she reached into one of the packs on Kheervis' side and pulled out a fine brush. Everything but the bristles was made out of jade. Still with her back too the man, she began to brush Kheervis' brilliant silver coat. Grooming the great stallion, she finally responded to Indurian, also in River-speak. Her voice was so soft that he could barely hear it.

"Like the others. You mean those others lying in their own blood back there? Why don't you just say you'll kill me instead? You don't seem to have any reservations against it."

He killed them. No matter what sort of hardships he's been through, no matter what he suffers, there is never an excuse to simply kill people. She continued to groom Kheervis, never turning around to look at the newborn Solar. She could feel tears starting to form as she thought of all the futures this man had just extinguished.
  #28  
Unread 3rd of August, 2004, 11:39
Tolvai's Avatar
Tolvai
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #838
Posts: 7 (0.00 per day)
Almost unwilling to actually hear the solars response, his blades were immediately drawn. The blades were dripping with a seemingly endless amount of blood that was still fresh, unlike the stale air which he breathed in heavilly. His veins were throbbing, and he found it very difficult to calm his body down. The very thought of slowing down to let reason in makes him jump with anxiousness.

The response from the solar was unanticipated, and it forced him to think for a moment.

" I have been betrayed by many on this day!!! I will not allow it to happen again! I must know your intentions and I must know now!!! I am not a killer, but if need be, I WILL kill you!!!!"

His responce was much more logical than he thought it would be, and he was forced to relax some tension on his grip from his blades. He hoped the solar would not notice the lack of tension.

Last edited by Tolvai; 3rd of August, 2004 at 13:44.
  #29  
Unread 3rd of August, 2004, 16:03
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Betrayal. That was an experience that Silver Wind had thankfully had been spared from experienceing after her exaltation. How would she have changed if she had been shuned, or worse yet, feared by those she truly cared for?

She stops brushing at that thought. Betrayal is one thing, but I could never kill anyone. Not like this. This is a slaughter, pure and simple. She feels a wave of heat surge over her though at the man's denial of being a killer though.

At last she turns to face him. He's drawn a pair swords, dripping with blood. They drop to the ground, making a rythmatic pat-pat-pat sound that reverberates through the cavern. Her tears stream down her face still, as she realizes the blood is from those dead behind her. Her tears fall to the ground in much the same rythmn as the blood dripping to the floor, a fact that does not go unnoticed by Silver Wind.

Still, she falls back on the skills that made her a member of the Solar Exalted in the first place. Though she is angered at this man's bloodlust, she could not bring herself to kill him even if she was at top fighting ability. As it was, doing so would be both foolish and suicidal. Talking to the man, and making him listen to reason was the key to coming out of this in one piece.

So, despite the tears in her eyes and streaming down her face, despite the anger she can feel within her, she begins to speak, in a calm, if somewhat choked, voice.

"You claim not to be a killer. And yet yo--you state that you will kill me if needed. Is that not just a little contradicting? As for betrayal, it would seem that th--the only one around here who has committed treachery is yourself. Indeed, you seem ready to kill me at a moments notice, though my weapons are not drawn. Would you, or--or could you, bring yourself to cut me down where I stand?"
  #30  
Unread 6th of August, 2004, 09:50
Tolvai's Avatar
Tolvai
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #838
Posts: 7 (0.00 per day)
Tension in both of his shoulders starts to ease as he sees the tears drop slowly from her eyes. Sincere or not, the tears brought him back to reality. He shook himself from head to toe violently. As he rubs his eyes hasteningly, almost in an insane manner, Indurian seems to disregard his blades which come dangersouly close to cutting him.

He says in a more hushed voice, as he looks to the ground in a sort of disgracful way:

"You mean me no harm? Then why are you here? Why do you question my humanity? You know nothing of who I am, or what actually took place here!!"

His voice raises a slight amount and he states:

"Please, tell me why you are here......."

The blades lower......

Last edited by Tolvai; 7th of August, 2004 at 08:22.
  #31  
Unread 8th of August, 2004, 15:52
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind looked into those sandstone eyes, watching as the dispassion and fatigue vanished. It was replaced with something else, something that, though still showing signs of hardship, gave her a glimmer of hope. Perhaps this man wasn't as heartless as she had originally thought, or there was some glimmer of warmth in the cold, cold being standing before her.

Letting a small smile come to her lips as she realized she might be getting through to the man, she nodded at his last demand. He DID deserve to know why they were here. Not necessarily all of it, but at least why they were currently having this conversation.

"Of course. We were driven into these tunnels by the Wyld Hunt, which is currently searching for us. When we heard the sounds of combat from a nearby chamber, we came here as fast as we could." I'm not sure why the others came, but I wish I had gotten here sooner to stop you from killing all these people. At that, the smile disappeared from her lips. She couldn't let the man's sudden change in demeanor make her think he wasn't a murderer.

He HAD killed these people, and no matter the reason, that meant that she shouldn't simply trust him like Shaedra or even one of the Lunars. She approached the man, slowly, Kheervis staying put and watching both Silver Wind and the actions of their companions. "My name is Silver Wind, and these three behind me are my companions." Her tears were no longer running down her face, but her eyes still softened at the sad state of the man in front of her.

She was in front of the man now, only a foot of space between them, his swords lowered as their contrasting eyes met. "But...why are you here? And, why did you kill these people?"
  #32  
Unread 25th of August, 2004, 06:10
Tolvai's Avatar
Tolvai
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #838
Posts: 7 (0.00 per day)
He hesitates, his face emptying with sorrow.

"These men... These men I once called my friends. It seems in the end they valued their treasure more than a certain comrade of theirs..."

He looks down at the slaughtered men, almost speaking to them instead of Silver Wind...

"How could I have been so naive. ..."Trust"... Such a thing cannot be in this wretched world..."

He turns back up to Silver Wind as he finished musing, fixing a grin across his dirty face.

"But the treasure is mine now..."

Turning back toward the open cave entrance, he walks toward the glowing doorway, apparantly eager to grab what he had come all this way for.
  #33  
Unread 25th of August, 2004, 07:52
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Indurian takes quick strides toward the chaimber, stepping inside where the rest of you can make out little more than his silhouette in the bright white room. An altar sits in the center of the chaimber. Squinting past the bright light, you make your way up to the altar and you see.... absolutely nothing...

A huge grey green blur falls from the celing, much to your sudden surprise. The ball shape makes no sound as it uncoils in midair and cushons its fall in front of the stone floor just outside the chaimber with 8 massive legs. Before you have time to gasp, the giant spider turns to the entrance of the room and spews huge amounts of webbing, everwhere. By the time you have time to even think about reaching for your weapons, it turns to the rest of you, poising for a leap, and putting on what must be a grin for a spider. Its green-brown fur glistens in the low light, while the freakish black eyes add to its allready frightening presence. Standing 10 feet high and nearly 30 feet across, it opens its mouth and speaks in its raspy tone.

"Apologies for the intrusion. I am Terresque Pallidum, the spirit of this forest and mountain, and as much as I enjoyed the drama you all put on for me, you must understand that I dont really give away my treasures........ nor has anyone ever left these caverns alive........"

Terresque is coiled to attack less than 30 yards away, just in front of the chaimber entrance, while Indurian must be having a hard time freeing himself of the webbing that he had no chanse of avoiding. You all stand in a relative group in the center of the cavern. The wooden post and chains lie just to your right, while the walls are quite distant, as the cavern must be at least 500 feet across.

[OOC: Initiative order - Tiden > Terresque > Kheervis > Eternal > Shaedra > Silver Wind > Indurian. Indurian can do nothing this turn but struggle to free himself of the webbing inside the chaimber]
  #34  
Unread 26th of August, 2004, 14:23
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Taken slightly aback by the spider's sudden entrance, Tiden extends his stiff fingers, relaxing his body for the tumolt to come. He starts to transform his body, changing from his usual human shape to the gigantic white beast that towers above his companions. With his sleek muscular form and deadly natural weapons Tiden is someone to be feared in combat. His mind races across the situation...

Its going to make a move soon..... Its got to be just the right moment... just right......no........NOW!

Analyzing his opportunity and pouring out his energy, Tiden makes a violent sprint toward his foe. Summoning up the power of his caste and of his beast spirit, he reaches a new level of agility. Ducking forward during the sprint, Tiden makes a desperate leap to cover more ground in time. A body clothed in black robes makes a midair contrast of pristine white, glowing in even the low light. His body falls in a frusterating slow motion to his combat reflexes...

ggah..... not enough momentum!.......

In a last ditch effort to move forward, Tiden digs his fingers into the ground. In convenient response, his moonsilver claws follow suit, taking a strong grasp on the stone floor. A quick upper body jerk and Tiden slingshots himself the rest of the way, positioned to take very lethal chunk of spider flesh with his massive jaws.

[OOC: Using Full Moon caste power and beastman transformation. Making 2 actions: Leap and bite - Attack: 8dex + 4brawl + 2specialty +2acc -3action = 13 ( 1 1 1 2 2 3 4 6 6 6 7 9 0 ) 4 successes ( 14L + 4L = 18L)]
  #35  
Unread 26th of August, 2004, 14:55
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Seeing his companion move forward with such grace, Icarus quickly readys his bow and shifts into his beast form. Focusing his vision as his eyes go from round to oval shaped, he knocks his first arrow. He was used to backing Tiden up from afar with arrows, allthough he himself could fair quite well in close combat. Ignoring the snap of the wings extending from his shoulderblades, Icarus lets loose 3 arrows in quick, practiced succession.

OOC: Using Beastman Transformation - 3 actions: Attack-Attack-Attack: 7dex + 5archery + 2acc = 14 dicepool
-3 action: 11 ( 2 3 3 4 5 6 6 7 8 8 0 ) 5 successes (4L + 2L + 5L = 11L)
-4 action: 10 ( 3 3 4 4 6 8 8 8 9 0 ) 6 successes (4L + 2L + 6L = 12L)
-5 action: 9 ( 2 3 4 6 6 7 7 9 9 ) 4 successes (4L + 2L + 4L = 10L)
If attacked, Icarus will abort to the most convenient defense
  #36  
Unread 26th of August, 2004, 15:39
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Taken aback by the sudden appearance of the Spirit, Shaedra takes a step back. Then, as her companions shift and change with the Wild Energy of their being, and as they launch their attacks, Shaedra takes a step forward, out of Icarus' line of fire, but still within striking range of the spider when it decides to jump at them. Shaedra spreads her stance and grips her Goremaul with both hands, and, as the spider jumps at them she reaches outside herself for the pool of Essence created by all living things. She gathers it up and forms it into one of her more devastating attacks, as the spider makes its jump Shaedra swings aiming to intercept it in its flight, her Essence usage reigniting the bonfire of her anima flare.


[OOC: Activating Hungry Tiger Technique, 1 mote peripheral essence spent, then swinging with 9 dice and 5 sucesses. Are you going to need me to post what my charm does?]

Last edited by Lyn Nalyr; 26th of August, 2004 at 16:10.
  #37  
Unread 26th of August, 2004, 16:29
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind stands there looking at the man as he heads towards the entrance, feeling a mix of shock, pity, horror, and anger, all of them centered around him. She knew, had even expected him to admit to killing these people, but the way he had done it was so...cold. Like he didn't care, like he was actually glad they were dead.

So she simply watched as he went through the entrance to claim some prize that he'd killed for. She didn't shout out, was too shocked and drained to do so. She'd been going for too long, fighting the Dragon-Blooded, running into the forest, then getting to the base of the mountain. Scouting for the Dragon-Blooded and their troops, being discovered by a pair of Lunars who offered their aid, and now a Solar who'd massacred his friends for some item she'd never even seen.

It was all too much, so much that was out of her control. She just wanted to break down and go to sleep or something, to soak in a hot bath, to do SOMETHING other than fight and kill and get dirty and stink.

Then a gigantic SPIDER fell down in front of the entrance, trapping the man inside with its incredible bulk. Silver Wind's eyes went huge, shocked at the sight of it. Then it spoke, and introduced itself as Terresque Pallidum, spirit of the mountain and forest.

It took an instant for her mind to process that, in which see saw the Lunars react and started moving to attack the spirit.

Idiots! Attacking him is THE dumbest thing--

"STOP!!!"

The shout echoed throughout the chamber, the most authorative voice she could manage. She hoped to stop a fight before it got started. She couldn't help but feel a little tired, reminding her how much Essence she'd used against the Dragon-Blooded.

[OOC: making a Charisma + Presence roll to get people to LISTEN for once.
7 dice: 1 4 6 8 9 9 10 = 5 successes.]
  #38  
Unread 27th of August, 2004, 07:52
Tolvai's Avatar
Tolvai
Unanimated Corpse

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #838
Posts: 7 (0.00 per day)
There was no time to avoid it. The webs took up the entire room with no room to dodge. Cursing at the position he was suddenly in, he tries desperately to break free.

[OOC: 4Str + 3Athletics = 7 (1 2 2 4 4 5 6)]
  #39  
Unread 27th of August, 2004, 08:07
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Tiden acts instantly, making a huge aggressive move, lunging across the cavern toward his target. Deadly jaws just miss home as the elemental makes a quick defensive motion with his claws. Erring Tiden's path and aim allows the spider to just sidestep the rest of the way. It was executed so fast and so resolutely, you all can't but imagine what kind of magic is in effect here. Out of Tiden's path, Terresque launches his counterattack. Sickly green venom drips from his fangs as the spider makes a quick bite, followed by his spear-like claws flashing forward. Tiden exchanges swings with the creature, using his own attacks to keep himself defended as best he can. Icarus fires off 3 arrows, one after the other at the beast. The bolts travel with amazing speed and grace, such is the lunar's superb ability, but the spider ducks and evades. It moves its large body with great control, bending and contorting so the arrows pass through his legs harmlessly. Those shots were MORE than perfect by any mortal standards... this wont be easy... Shaedra, behind the conflict, stands at the ready, only to be quite dissappointed that the spider does not leap as she had predicted. Tiden seemed to make great effort to get there first. She quickly start to weigh her options when you all hear Silver Wind's shout. "STOP!" She cries. A quality in her voice is so powerful.... You all are compelled to at least pay her mind. Even the lunars, in their war state, notice what might be the voice of reason. The spider grounds his position, ending his aggressive chain of attacks for the moment, to look in the Eclipse's direction. Everything seems to freeze for a strange moment. All that can be heard is Indurian's frusterated cursing echoing across the cavern as he dangles from one leg, completely engrossing himself in the webbing.

[OOC: Result of stunt dice: Tiden 2 for good description and A for effort (0 0) Eternal 1 (9) (3) (6) Silver Wind 2 for a great description and a very unexpected action (7 4) | Initiative for next round: Tiden > Icarus > Shaedra > Silver Wind > Indurian | Please also note everyone that just because we are rolling initiative does not mean that your action must be aggressive or even combat related. Do what you like, but notice Silver Wind's example]

Last edited by Erendiox; 27th of August, 2004 at 10:57.
  #40  
Unread 27th of August, 2004, 11:26
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden hesitates, hearing the despiration in her voice. Halting his attacks, he assumes a defensive stance.

What is this madness!! I have to prevent this from getting out of hand before that woman will get us all killed...

Trying to keep his concentration on the monster in front of him, Tiden shouts back at her.

"Dont try to stop me! Do you want us all to get killed!?!"
  #41  
Unread 27th of August, 2004, 13:47
Eternal's Avatar
Eternal
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member: #745
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 386 (0.07 per day)
Icarus never takes his eyes off the Elemental. Reaching into his quiver quickly for another arrow, he nocks and draws. His tense fingers twich, as if begging to release, but he resists, if only out of respect for Silver Wind.

Tiden is right. We're in the very clutch of danger, with a heartless, vicious elemental in front and the dragonblooded behind. Now is not the time for talk or reasoning. Now is the time for action. Our very lives are at stake here...

[OOC: Readying an arrow. If the elemental makes an aggressive movement, Icarus will fire]

Last edited by Eternal; 27th of August, 2004 at 13:50.
  #42  
Unread 27th of August, 2004, 14:43
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra watches with narrowed eyes at the furious exchange of blows between the Spirit and Tiden. Then something within her hesitates as she watches the Spirits amazing agility when evading both Tidens lethal claws and Icarus's well aimed arrows. "I don't think we have a chance to take this down right now..." Shaedra thinks to herself, "We would need all the energy and skill we five could muster to take down this Terresque Pallidum, and as it is, one is disabled and two more are entering this fight with less than our full powers to draw upon..." Silver Wind's shout brings a welcome respite to the battle and to the bleak thoughts circling in Shaedra's mind. Shaedra allows her charm to fade, and as she feels it's power slipping away, she lowers her Goremaul slightly. Still on guard incase the Spirit decides to attack while her back is turned Shaedra turns to Silver Wind and says "I hope that you are not about to get us killed, but I had heard of those of the Eclipse caste could talk and reason with Spirits. If you wish to attempt this, feel free, I have no wish to fight this being, for he has not wronged me in any way." Having said this Shaedra turns back to face Terresque, but places her Goremaul on the ground, head first, and leans on the handle, both resting a bit and waiting to see what the outcome of this will be.
  #43  
Unread 29th of August, 2004, 07:13
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind stands there, giving a look of disapproval to that wolf-man, Tiden. That...Argh! This day has NOT been at all what I had planned. She listens to both Tiden and Shaedra though.

"Getting us all killed is exactly what I'm trying to prevent, Tiden! Attacking first is NOT the best way to deal with Spirits! Listen to Shaedra, let me handle this."

With that, she started walking towards the gigantic spider, her arms held at her sides to show she had no intention of attacking Terresque. She began to speak in Riverspeak, since the spider apparently spoke and understood it.

"Now, perhaps Terresque Pallidum, you and I can reach some sort of agreement on this. I realize that you have no wish to relinquish whatever it is this man was seeking, and my companions and I have no intention of asking you to. Killing us, however, will not only take more effort than it is worth, but it also might leave you vulnerable to those in the forest whom might do you harm." She deliberately leaves out the fact that the spider might very well have perished in the fight, though if what she'd hear of spirits was true they could never really "die" anyways. But she didn't want to antagonize the spider, especially after Tiden had attacked so ferociously, so she decided not to mention it.

This had better work...
  #44  
Unread 29th of August, 2004, 14:31
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Terresque loosens a bit, obviously listening to what Silver Wind has to say. His tone sounds a more serious than before, most likely due to Tiden and his amazing attack. The elemental seems, although still very much levelheaded, shaken at the power of his attacker.

"I must give you credit my dear... pacifists like yourself are rare indeed. But please, enlighten me... what exactly do I have to fear within my own domain?"
  #45  
Unread 30th of August, 2004, 13:51
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Pacifist? THAT was something she hadn't expected to be called. Granted her views on violence and such could identify her as a pacifist in some respects, she was more than willing to fight someone, if the lives of others were in jepoardy.

She just didn't like killing, that was all. She'd never killed anyone before, but that didn't mean she couldn't kill. At least, Silver Wind was pretty sure she could. Not that she was in any hurry to prove it or anything.

Mentally berating herself for letting her mind wonder, Silver Wind got back to the task at hand.

"Why, invaders of course. To be more specific, these invaders are Dragon-Blooded and their troops. They are part of the Wyld Hunt, and chased both myself and my Dawn companion there," Silver Wind gestures to Shaedra and continues, "into these caverns."

"I'm sure, as the spirit of the mountain and forest, you can understand the danger that the Dragon-Blooded pose to all present."
  #46  
Unread 31st of August, 2004, 14:50
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Terresque smiles at this, as best as a spider can smile.

"Dragon Blooded you say? *chuckle*... I think not my dear. You see, every tunnel in this mountain is guarded by powerful scrying magic. If more intruders were to introduce themselves, I would know of it in a heartbe..."

He stops mid-sentence, suddenly staring off into nothing as if his attention was being drawn upon. He looks more than disracted. Terresque looks worried. He speaks in a tone of frusteration.

"No...no this cannot be..... why did you have to lead them in here? ... of all places, my domain....."

With this he leaves his trance and fixes his gaze back upon Silver Wind, addressing her seriously. A startling change of demeanor.

"Whatever you did, its stirred the hornets my child.... these chosen of the dragon are indeed not to be trifled with, and they march for the mountain's center. I know you must think me little more than a heartless spirit who enjoys killing his unexpectant guests, but do not think me stupid or unyielding. As much as it is my policy for outsiders to never leave my home alive.... I am prepared to make an exception for those who share with me a common enemy..."
  #47  
Unread 2nd of September, 2004, 13:22
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Especially when those whom you ally with might actually be able to defeat you? The thought pops into Silver Wind's mind, along with a slight surprise at the large spider's sudden change in demeanor. She doesn't let either show though, knowing that things were swinging her way for once today.

Still, it was fairly obvious that the Dragon-Blooded had either figured out that Shaedra and herself had hidden in the caverns, or they were just scouting them to be sure. Either way, it was bad. She'd hoped that they might have been able to rest tonight and fight the Dragon-Blooded after everyone had regained some essence, maybe even patch Shaedra up a bit. It seems the Dragon-Blooded aren't about to let them however.

Dammit She cursed to herself this is bad. And Terresque sounds worried that they're heading for the center of the mountain. I think we may need more than two weakened Solars and two Lunars for this. and I'm not sure if Terresque will help, or if he will be all that useful.

She hesitated, obviously thinking things over. She didn't like the thought forming in her head, but necessity overrode desire and want. She raised her head and gestured in the direction of the spider.

"And what about the man in there? What do you plan on doing with him? Are you going to kill him, or will you have him fight the Dragon-Blooded as well?"
  #48  
Unread 2nd of September, 2004, 13:36
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Terresque glances at the man still struggling, then back at Silver Wind. He smiles again.

"Well... you seemed to just about want to kill him yourself not a few minutes ago... what makes you want to protect him now?"
  #49  
Unread 2nd of September, 2004, 14:41
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
She hesitates. Why AM I protecting him? Certaintly he can help us fight against the Dragon-Blooded, but between Tiden, Icarus, and Shaedra, we should probably be able to handle them. And Terresque seems to be offering his help against them, even if only for the moment. The man might be able to help, but on the other hand he might very well betray them or cause more problems in the process.

And she had to admit to herself, she really didn't like the man. She didn't pretend to understand what had happened here, but from what the man had said, those people he'd killed had tried to kill him first, in pursiut of some treasure, probably the artifact the spider was guarding.

So technically, he had killed those people in self defense. But killing is killing, isn't it?

How's that so different from when Shaedra killed those Dragon-Blooded earlier?

THAT thought stopped her cold. She looked at the spider, still waiting for a response, what she thought might be the Spider equivalent of a smirk on its face. She looked over at Shaedra, the woman who had probably saved her life back in the village, and with whom Silver Wind felt a strange attachement to. Then she glanced over at the entrance, where the sounds of the man trying to free himself could still be heard.

Admit it. You yourself don't know why you're trying to protect him.

"I...I think we may need his help against the Dragon-Blooded, thats all. If we hope to defeat the Dragon-Blooded, and their troops, we'll need all the help we can get. Especially if there are Immaculates. It's not like I-I..." she chokes on the last part, her denial that she's actually trying to protect the man. I'm NOT trying to protect him dammit! He KILLED those people when he could have just... the thought trails off. Just what?

Taking a deep breath, she lets it out and starts, "You yourself said that you were prepared to make an exception for those who shared a common enemy. Don't the Dragon-Blooded hate him as much as he hates me or you?"
  #50  
Unread 6th of September, 2004, 13:42
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
"Well said my dear. If that is the case, then I will set him free, unharmed." He turns to the chaimber, drawing up his breath. Releasing it quickly into the room, the webs start to dissolve. Within seconds, the man is back on his feet, staring with uneasiness at the monstrous spider that still blocked the entrance. "So what will it be outlander? The dragonblooded and their troops are quickly filling the tunnels. Either you fight with us ... or you fight alone."

The man, his irrational behavior seeming to resurface once more, fixes Terrisque with a hateful gaze. "Forget your battle! Where is the artifact? If this room is just for trapping people than where is the real chamber? Im beginning to wonder if there really is an artifact here at all!" He picks his blade off the ground with a hand trembling with rage and frusteration. Pointing it menacingly at the spider, it's obvious he's a few good steps from being clear of mind. "If you dont show me where the treasure is RIGHT NOW..."

Terrisque quickly interrupts, backing slightly away from the chaimber and turning so he can face the others. " The artifact.... is safely hidden. I, myself, havent touched it in years. But, in light of our current situation, i think he would understand if I allowed it to be used. That is, only if I have your word that it will be returned to me after this conflict... and that requires you, chosen of the sun." He fixes his gaze on silver wind...
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 22:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren