Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

Unread 22nd of August, 2004, 02:51
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Member: #672
Hey guys! Im back a bit earlier than I thought. Tolvai has not posted since I left and for this he shall be severely flogged . He just left for college in upstate NY so im sure this has been the last thing on his mind. Ill give him a heads up as soon as I find out his new number and the game should start rolling once more .
Unread 16th of September, 2004, 04:22
Eternal
Wight

Member: #745
Where is everyone???!?!?
Unread 16th of September, 2004, 08:43
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

Member: #665
Maybe waiting for someone...::cough Red cough:: to post his reply so that the game can progress? Just a thought

Unread 17th of September, 2004, 04:22
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
Oh, well EXCUUUSE me for keeping you waiting. Anywho, now you should be done waiting.
Unread 22nd of September, 2004, 13:42
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

Hey Erendiox are you ever going to introduce Xar into this adventure? He has been waiting for a while.

Unread 23rd of September, 2004, 01:07
PatrynXar
Skeleton

Member: #844
I case you were wondering i am still here and available even though i should have a game or 2 starting up soon.
Reality as it is seen by the average person is nothing but an illusion that is proliferated only because people refuse to see the world through opened eyes.Seeing past this illusion is the only way to live.
The world is a lonely place when you see the truth.
Your dream world will never save you from the blows of reality.
Every day the world grows a little bit smaller and a whole lot stupider. Is there a bottom the the well of stupidity?

Unread 23rd of September, 2004, 13:09
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Sorry I havent thrown you in yet Xar but things have been buisy and the game has been moving a bit slow. We haven't even gotten through a day of game time yet . Nevertheless, I do plan on putting you in as soon as the players get themselves out of this mess they are in. Thx for sticking around
Unread 3rd of October, 2004, 15:31
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Hellooooo out there!!! Is anyone here?

Y'know, I talked to shaedra too Lyn ya don't necessarily have to wait for Erendiox to respond.
Unread 4th of October, 2004, 02:48
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Originally Posted by red_dr4g0n94 Hellooooo out there!!! Is anyone here?

Y'know, I talked to shaedra too Lyn ya don't necessarily have to wait for Erendiox to respond.
I was waiting for her... She isn't waiting for me is she?
Unread 4th of October, 2004, 03:47
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

I am waiting for the concencus from EVERYONE that they want me to lead them, I don't want to start telling people to do stuff and have one of the Lunars bash me over the head for it.

Unread 4th of October, 2004, 10:31
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Or, to be exact, you are waiting for Icarus, who is the only person in the party who hasn't given his say. I'll give him a PM to make sure he knows you're waiting for him.
Unread 4th of October, 2004, 12:17
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

Ok, thanks.

Unread 5th of October, 2004, 11:50
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #663
Erendiox, I will turn down the offer to play Indurian, and create my own Night caste. However I do request permission to take the 'Common Sense' merit from the Players Guide since I've never played a thief style character (or any Night caste for that matter) so that you can tell me via PM or OOC thread when I'm about to do something stupid (and give me the chance to Edit my post). EDIT: Your PM box is full! What books are allowed in chargen? Splatbooks? Bo3C? (Dont have Sorcerer and Savant) Players Guide? Are we using Power Combat from the PG or regular combat? Merits & Flaws?

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 5th of October, 2004 at 11:54.
Unread 5th of October, 2004, 14:11
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Ahh! So many questions! And wow. PM box is full? Damn

Anyways, here we go:

First off, I do not own the Players Guide but it doesn't sound like this merit could do any serious damage so I don't see anything wrong with you having it if you really want it. You'll just have to send me exactly what this common sense merit is straight out of the book.

Books allowed at chargen? I don't know exactly what you mean but it would be safe to say to use stuff from the books I own so I can keep track of everything. That would be Corebook, DB book, Lunar book, Bo3C, Scavenger Sons. Theres nothing wrong with requests from other books or even stuff off websites such as exaltedcompendium or whatever, as long as there aren't requests from other books left and right and whatever is off the website is approved by me.

Addressing Power Combat and Merits/Flaws, that would be a no and a no. I don't own the book so that kinda makes it hard even if I wanted to include these . I don't know what Power Combat is exactly. I would imagine it is a watered down version of regular combat, which is simple enough allready IMO. Also, it would be good if you took note of the 2 houserules that I have put into effect that are written earlier in this thread. Actually, hell, ill just find it and paste it here to make it easier. here ya go:

#1: If you are attacked after declaring and performing actions, you may make parrys at a cumlative -2 dicepool and Dodges at -1 dicepool. Basically, if find yourself out of declared actions, there is no need to die a horrific death because you miscalculated something and have no declared actions left. Combat shouldn't have to be a frusterating guessing game where you can be caught completely off guard by making the wrong decision. This basically means that you have defense rolls until you run out of dice.

Example (if you completely didnt understand the above paragraph ): Solar Dawn is being attacked by several guards. He splits his dicepool 3 ways, wins initiative, and attacks 3 times. after his attacks, the guards who were not attacked make their move against Dawn. Since Dawn's last action was at -5 (three actions is -3, -4, -5) he could make parry/blocks at -7, then -9, then -11, until he ran out of dice. He could also make dodges at -6, -7, -8... until he ran out of dice. The rules for aborting to a defense still holds as normal if you are attacked before initiative except for the abort to parry rule. Instead of only one parry, you get parries just as above, at -2 cumulative dicepool.

and rule #2, which is quite a bit simpler than rule #1:
When rolling for damage, take into account the number of successes achieved.... If only 1 success is rolled, calculate damage as normal, and the player does 1/4 dice in final damage. If only 2 successes are rolled. The player only does 1/2 dice in final damage. 3 successes provide full damage and the rules stay the same from that upward. This, in my opinion, prevents what I have seen before, people splitting their action into a million attacks, in the hopes of garnishing a success and doing huge damage with a very powerful weapon (not that I think you all would do that but I like this rule anyways). I think it makes a nice noticible gap between a skimming hit and a solid blow.
Unread 7th of October, 2004, 12:36
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

Yo Erendiox, any chance of getting that map so I can post the plan of action?? Please please please, having it would make this so much easier. Otherwise I get to ask a bunch of really annoying questions.

Unread 8th of October, 2004, 07:22
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Map. Right. Sorry bout that. College been keepin me awful buisy. Ill try to make it today
Unread 25th of October, 2004, 13:20
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

Member: #832
Hey everybody. Quick notice.

Regarding combat, this is the way it will be run. After my base post where I declare the initiative order, posting must go in that order. That includes the NPCs. When there are NPCs first on the list, you all need to wait for me to post their actions before you can post your own. I'm doing it this way because it will save all of your wonderfully descriptive stunts from being interrupted and ruined. By the time your action has come up on the list, you will know if you have been attacked or not. Also, this means that I will automatically assume that you will abort to a defense if you are attacked before your initative. If you wish to do otherwise, (such as taking the hit, or using defensive charms) you either need to say so the turn before or get in touch with me, either by aim or the OOC board.

Edit: oops. Wrong SN . My bust. If you haven't guessed allready, this is your ST speaking .
Unread 25th of October, 2004, 13:26
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

, nice job CouchPotato/Erendiox.....

Unread 25th of October, 2004, 13:30
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Wait, if you're describing the actions of the NPCs BEFORE we post, can't we just say that we will or will not abort to dodge in our IC post instead of having you assume that we will?
Unread 25th of October, 2004, 13:40
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

well now. I hadnt thought of that. In that case, just say what your reaction will be then and there. Although, if ever there is a case where you don't get the chanse to post your reaction to something, I will assume in that manner.
Unread 27th of October, 2004, 12:51
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Sorry for my lack of recent posting guys. RL has been kicking me around. Anyways, I have successfully (though with some difficulty) split the two combats so things dont get mixed up between the two groups. Icarus, although I love your post dearly, It doesn't tell me what you actually do (as in # of attacks against which opponents etc) so I need a bit more there. Btw, I had to delete your post in the process of splitting the threads. Dont sweat it. I have it saved on my comp so you can repost it.
Unread 29th of October, 2004, 21:23
Eternal
Wight

clear your pms, erendiox
Unread 8th of November, 2004, 23:26
Eternal
Wight

What an battle, but to quit in the face of adversity?! Is everyone on vacation, or what? =p
Unread 9th of November, 2004, 01:08
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

No, we're waiting for Erendiox to get enough time from college to post.

Unread 9th of November, 2004, 07:00
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Why does that sound familiar?