Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 14th of March, 2007, 07:37
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
Originally Posted by Erendiox # " ...and for the love of the dragons keep your mouth shut you little snot! I don't pay you for your lip! Mela's stepchild over there gets to talk, not you!"

With a great effort of will, Kami manages to hold in her temper and vitriol until all three are safely out of ear shot and on the open plains, with the men who found them in the cave shrinking dots behind them. The blood soaked gore coating her clothes, her face and any bare skin seems to suit her mood, Kami's eyes becoming daggers of adamant as they bore into Lacuna's back, her strides lengthening as she plays catch-up.

Her words are freezing blasts of frost, hissing at the arrogance of this one, of ALL Princes of the Earth. "I will play your little charade for MY survival but I am nobodies servant, especially yours. If you try and order me around I will claw your eyes out."
  #27  
Unread 14th of March, 2007, 18:10
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind flinched at Lacuna saying her name incorrectly. Her face still held respectful subservience in it, but it was easy for someone to see the remark stung the Dragon-Blooded's servant.

And it wasn't that hard for the Solar to fake the expression either. She genuinely couldn't tell if Lacuna had said that as a ploy, or if she'd deliberately meant the barb to hurt. She'd also have to ask Lacuna later what she meant by her "Mela's stepchild" comment.

Regardless, she did as the Dragon-Blooded asked, grabbing Kheervis by the reins and gently trotting him along. She glanced back at the cave before they left, but saw no sign of Yada within. Maybe he had retreated into the cave during the conversation. Facing back outside, Silver Wind waited for Lacuna's command. When she called out the order to follow, Silver Wind did so silently, waiting for the inevitable once they were out of sight of the men. She didn't have to wait long.

Her words are freezing blasts of frost, hissing at the arrogance of this one, of ALL Princes of the Earth. "I will play your little charade for MY survival but I am nobodies servant, especially yours. If you try and order me around I will claw your eyes out."


Before Lacuna could respond to Kami's icy threat, Silver Wind's hand shot out between the Dragon-Blood and the Lunar. "Stop it Kami," the older woman said, her voice hiding a small amount of frustration in it. But other than that statement, the Solar said nothing, seemingly content to just hold her hand out between the two Exalted. She didn't even look at the Lunar, instead staring ahead of them at the town in the distance.
  #28  
Unread 25th of March, 2007, 20:33
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
Just as her words to Silver Wind earlier in the cave intended as a verbal slap to the face intended to make the other *think*, so too does her companions' intervention give Kami pause.

As much as I hate to admit it, she is right. Lacuna is not our enemy and it is better to keep her where we can keep an eye on her than plotting on her own.

Out loud she mutters sullenly, looking akin to a scolded cat, "for now. Lead on Lacuna.", all fight apparently gone out of her.

With that, Kami starts trudging through the field towards the village without looking back.

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 25th of March, 2007 at 20:37.
  #29  
Unread 28th of March, 2007, 02:45
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
The grin that none of you saw is wiped from Lacuna's face as Kami's words chill the air. She turns to apologize, but misses the chance. Silver Wind is quick to protect her. Instead she gives Kami a sad look and turns back to face the small town that is laid out beside a mountain. You find yourselves on a long dirt path, traveled by carts and horses. The path cuts through open farmland on both sides. Mostly rice, barley and corn grow here, or at least, what is left of the crops after the rain still grows. There is a very sickly appearance to the land and crops, and you wonder if any of this produce is salvageable.

Is there any end to this mess... Lacuna muses. The very thought of this town starving made her sick to her stomach. It's been a very long day and she was looking forward to some rest and hopefully a plan of action.

Passing through the farmland, you reach the town and you're immediately greeted by suspicious eyes. The rain has fallen here too. Only a few sparse soldiers populate the roads. The populace stares at you through tightened shutters, partly suspicious but mostly afraid. It's a sad state to see any town in. The guards, while the only souls braving the outdoors after the storm, are disheartened, and then barely raise their eyes to you as you pass by. Upon spying a small inn up ahead, Lacuna turns toward Kami and Silver Wind.

"I wonder if they'll let us in..." she says in a mildly depressed tone. Without waiting for a response, she leads you forward. The inn is made mostly of stone and clay, as is most of the town, and it lays at the corner made by the main road as it forks into two paths. A small sign hangs reading "The Golden Goose: Inn and Roost". Lacuna walks up to the door, hesitates, then knocks softly. A few seconds pass, then the large door creaks open slightly and a young man peeks out. He looks protective and suspicious.

"What business have you here?" he says, his brow pointed.

"Me and my companions are passing through. We're just looking for a place to stay for the night." Lacuna says, as humbly as she can.

His eyes pass over all three of you, looking you over. He seems nervous. "So... it's just the three of you... right?" he stammers. Suddenly a voice shouts from inside the Inn. It's an old woman's voice, high pitched and craggy, but still somehow carrying warmth.

"Oh for pity sake, let them in Fabio! We haven't had a customer ALL DAY, and you know how your father is. If he hears you've scared away another there'll be hell to pay. I'll tell him! You know I will!" She chuckles.

"Alright! Alright!" He calls back, cursing her in jest under his breath. He turns back to you with a half embarrassed grin. "Come on in. If you need a place for the horse there's a stable right down the road that way." He points down one path.
  #30  
Unread 29th of April, 2007, 08:30
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
***THREAD CLOSED***

Please resume posting in Chapter 2
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren