Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 17th of December, 2008, 05:06
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Still confused all he hears is his breath and booming heart beat which becomes defening when his sight focuses on Hagara, with disregard he charges mustering all his strength begotten by pure will more his torn body strains to deliver, there’s no holding back, he unleashes all and any he has left

he roars just before his attack
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #52  
Unread 18th of December, 2008, 21:21
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Jundar's Tomb 17

Jundar’s Tomb 17

His mind racing for what to do, it finally dawns on him to use the most powerful weapon he has and thus, Almego invokes the Hand of Time!
When he takes out the tiny golden clock, Tanta pauses and leers at him.
“Yesss, the clock! Give it to me and I will not kill you.”
Almego smiles and turns its hands to 7:00 o’clock. The clock begins to chime and a cone of power slams into the blue annis, staggering her so that all she can do is just stand there and blink!

Still confused, all that Mirko hears is his own breathing and booming heart beat which becomes deafening in his ears when his sight focuses on Hagara. With disregard he charges, mustering all his strength, begotten by pure will. His torn body strains to deliver and there’s no holding back – he unleashes all and anything he has left.
“GRRRAAAAHHHHH!!!” he roars, shaking the foundation of the tomb. Almego screams and falls back as the roar washes over him and Tanta shrieks in confused terror.
She staggers as she turns around and the last thing she sees in this world is the hulking form of a giant blue-furred bear! The great bear grabs her in a “hug” and shreds the flesh from her back and neck (Att. 18 & 34 = D21).
Tanta screams and then the great bear bites her in the face, ripping most of it away and her scream dies with her (Att. 21 = D5).

While the great blue bear of Uthgar mauls his most hated enemy, and Almego and Alison have a grateful embrace, in the tomb of Jundar Swordbreaker, Raynal takes a step closer to the coffin and the Burning Blade.
“You cannot wield both weapons, Moorwinter.” The drow mage hisses. “The Blue Queen must wield the Burning Blade.”
Raynal nods and then growls, “Fuck the Blue Queen…and fuck you too!”
He wheels and a cone of icy frost slams into the drow mage, lifting him from the floor and carrying him into the wall! (D41)
The drow mage, barely able to move, responds by pointing his hand at Raynal and unleashing a fireball that engulfs the entire room! (D32 – Reflex save for half + FR 5)
Raynal rolls to his feet and smiles and invokes the Freezing Rage a final time…

Screams of the dying echo down the hall of death and Almego jerks from Alison’s embrace and turns to look.
“It’s Raynal! He’s trying to take the Burning Blade! Damn him to hell!”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
Actions?


Stats:
Alison – down 26
Almego – 30/17 – Spells in effect: Blur = 20% miss chance; Mirror Image = 2 images; Incorporeal.
Borth – down 56; asleep/poisoned
Mirko – 99/5

Franklin – 50/3 – asleep/poisoned
Graham – 42/1
Hudson – 63/0 – asleep/poisoned
Shirl – 45/0 – unconscious
Raynal – 52/11
Swindell – 48/0 – unconscious

Agean – dead
Boric – dead
Tusk – dead
Quaggoth – dead

Tanta Hagara – dead
Drow warriors – all dead
Drow mage - ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jundar's Tomb 15.JPG (50.1 KB, 1 views)
__________________

  #53  
Unread 20th of December, 2008, 05:53
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
(ooc: Almego hurries down the hallway into the tomb of Jundar Swordbreaker, electrical energy cackling at his fingertips and his eyes in search of a target. As he enters the room and sees the drow mage he lets loose a salvo of small electrical spheres that fly forward in search of his prey.)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #54  
Unread 20th of December, 2008, 07:17
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
The great bear gorges on the carcass of the blue hag not satisfied until he consumes her full heart
blood dripping from his face and hands his vision slowly comes back in to focus and the situation snaps back, grabs his flaming sword and knowing he cant do much at the time for his brother, as he passes he burns the webs freeing his companions
“Take care of the wounded”
He continues towards the back to find a way to secure the last weapon of power
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #55  
Unread 24th of December, 2008, 22:39
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Jundar's Tomb 18

Jundar’s Tomb 18

Almego hurries down the hallway into the tomb of Jundar Swordbreaker, electrical energy cackling at his fingertips and his eyes in search of a target. Alison hurries alongside him, sweat running down her face, her breathing swift and shallow. As he enters the room, he sees the drow mage frozen in agony…literally covered in ice as if frozen in suspended animation. But that is not what occupies his mind, it is the scene of Raynal, covered in a bluish ice sheen, reaching into an open stone sepulcher!

The great bear gorges on the carcass of the blue hag, not satisfied until he consumes her full heart. Blood dripping from his face and hands, his vision slowly comes back into focus and the situation snaps back to reality. He grabs his flaming sword and knowing he can’t do much at the time for his brother, he says to Graham. “Take care of the wounded!”
As he passes he burns the webs freeing his companions and continues toward the back of the hallway to help secure the last weapon of power.
The barbarian turns the corner just in time to hear Almego’s scream of protest.
“RAYNAL, NO!”
And then he hears an anguished howl that nearly stops him in his tracks. He slows as he enters the final resting place of Jundar Swordbreaker and his bloodied mouth drops open at what he sees:

Raynal is holding both the tiny Statue of Kane and a large reddish-black mace. His body is covered in a sheen of blue ice and yet his face is contorted in agony. Almego and Alison stand a few feet away. Almego reaches for his cousin but draws back as the ranger falls to his knees and screams. Alison covers her mouth with her hands and takes a step back in horror.
“What’s happening to him?” she asks, shuddering.

Almego shakes his head, his mouth moving silently as his brain searches for an answer. The Freezing Rage and The Burning Blade are not meant to be wielded together! Shouts the Shadow within. Your cousin is about to die! Take his soul, NOW, while it is vulnerable! Take it for your Dark Lord!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Actions?
__________________

  #56  
Unread 25th of December, 2008, 05:55
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko rushes Raynal trying to knock the burning blade from him, he has to make him leave the thing

THE BLADE'S GOONA KILL YOU!
LEAVE THE DAMNED THING!
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #57  
Unread 4th of January, 2009, 13:25
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Jundar's Tomb 19

Jundar’s Tomb 19

While Almego hesitates, Mirko rushes Raynal, intent on trying to knock the burning blade from him.
“THE BLADE'S GONNA KILL YOU! LEAVE THE DAMNED THING!”
The barbarian slams into Raynal with the force of a raging bull, sending bodies and items flying. Raynal hurls toward the sarcophagus while Mirko is flung away toward the wall. The Statue of Kane spins away from Raynal while the Burning Blade slides to a stop near Mirko’s feet.
For a moment, no one moves, then Raynal scrambles to his feet, trying to get to the Statue of Kane…but Alison speaks a word of magic and ribbon-like shadows explode from her hands, leaving Raynal weakened and dazed.
Then…she calmly walks over and picks up the Statue of Kane. She smiles at the tiny ivory icon and then rolls her eyes up at Raynal.
She pulls a small link of chain from her belt and quickly murmurs the words of a spell. Suddenly, strong ribbons of darkness burst from the floor, entangling Raynal and holding him fast.
The dazed ranger screams in frustration and tries to break free but cannot.
Alison smiles and without taking her eyes from the helpless ranger she says, “Mirko, pick up the Burning Blade and finish off the drow mage. My love?” she asks Almego. “You have six seconds before I act. What do you wish to do?”


Stats:
Alison – down 26
Almego – 30/17 – Spells in effect: Blur = 20% miss chance; Mirror Image = 2 images; Incorporeal.
Borth – down 56; asleep/poisoned
Mirko – 99/5

Franklin – 50/3 – asleep/poisoned
Graham – 42/1
Hudson – 63/0 – asleep/poisoned
Shirl – 45/0 – unconscious
Raynal – 52/11
Swindell – 48/0 – unconscious

Agean – dead
Boric – dead
Tusk – dead
Quaggoth – dead

Tanta Hagara – dead
Drow warriors – all dead
Drow mage - ??

__________________

  #58  
Unread 4th of January, 2009, 16:12
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
ENOUGH!!
Mirko takes the burning blade and moves towards Raynal and strikes the chains

we have wounded to take care of
take it outside!

NOW MOVE!

Mirko does not wait for responses, he shoves raynal towards the hallway and starts to walk himself, reaching the drow wityh a swift movement of his blade he cuts the prisoner belt and slides the blade close to his body cutting off hsi cloths to make sure he drops any component or weapon carried and pushes/drags him to the hallway with te rest of the group, if alison and almego have not started to move when he reaches them he pushes them as well,

he acts in a matter of fact way as if the tense confrontation within the ovlander family did not occur his first priority being taking care of those still alive, he tells one of lanthers light to take care of the drow, (meaning tying him up and getting information from him if possible, they may carry antidote for the poison they used)

when things settle a bit he stands over the blue hag pensive thinking of all the pain the damned bitch brought to his clan and family wondering if it truly could be over, he cleaves the body with the burning blade before leaving
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 4th of January, 2009 at 17:19.
  #59  
Unread 6th of January, 2009, 02:42
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Pushing down the nagging voice of Shit screaming for Raynal's blood he says inwardly, Not yet! Not until I can get them all at once. If I were to kill him now the Barbarian would rip us to shreds. Wait... have patience.

To Raynal Almego says, "It is clear that carrying the statue of Kane has clouded your good judgement. Alison will carry its burden now." Almego shoots Alison an annoyed look when she orders Mirko to take up the the Burning Rage, but doesn't say anything in protest. Instead he keeps his eyes on Raynal and is on guard in case he tries to go for any of the Weapons of Power.

"The Prophecies aren't clear as to what we should do now that we have the Weapons of Power. Any ideas?"

(ooc: Before leaving Almego will cast detect magic and grab up anything that shows as magical, including the stuff from the drow mage and the other stuff in the sarcophagus. Whether or not the mithril blade is magical I'll grab it either way. If Raynal makes any hostile moves I'll say, "Don't you see the humor in your struggling against me cousin? You see it don't you?" followed by invoking Tasha's Uncontrollable Hideous Laughter power from the Hand of Time against him. When he is in the midst of his laughing fit I'll try and knock him out cold.... If he tries anything. No save allowed for that spell I think!

On a side note... sorry for lagging there in my response... these holidays have been busy for me at work and I've hardly had a day off in the last month. My schedule is clearing up now though.)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #60  
Unread 9th of January, 2009, 09:15
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Jundar's Tomb 20

Jundar’s Tomb 20

“ENOUGH!” Mirko roars, picking up the Burning Blade and stomping toward Raynal. The ranger has enough sense to cower as Mirko raises the heavy mace…and strikes at the shadowy tendrils entangling him. The weapon bashes a few of them loose, but the others hold fast. Mirko wheels on Alison and says, “We have wounded to take care of. Take it outside! NOW MOVE!

But then suddenly, the barbarian is bathed in red brilliance so bright that Almego and Alison back away shielding their eyes while Raynal cries out in fear. Mirko throws back his head and tries to scream, but only red light pours from his mouth and then his eyes and ears. Then two completely unexpected things occur: A ghostly form, the spirit Jundar Swordbreaker, rises from the sarcophagus, and Mirko begins to shrink!
And if that is not enough, the spirit speaks!

“At long last, the Chosen One has come and I am reborn! No other hands but those of dwarves shall bear the Burning Blade, but since ye are the Chosen One, Mirko of the Blue Bear, the Blade will mold ye like a smith molds a sword at his forge. Ye will become one of the Deep Folk until yer quest is fulfilled, knowing our language and our ways. The Blade is a mighty weapon and exacts a mighty price, but have faith! Ye shall be able to pay the price!
“A part of my spirit shall abide in ye, and ye will wear my armor into battle. My helm, my boots, my sword, and my ring ye shall wear as well. Return them to me along with The Blade when ye no longer need them. Do not touch the pouches or pots! They are mine in the afterlife. I leave ye Mirko Mirkal-son to yer destiny. May ye be worthy of The Blade! Be true!”

And the spirit sinks back into Jundar’s skeleton and disappears.
The glow of the mace also dims and disappears and standing before you is Mirko, dressed in Jundar’s armor with the large two-handed battle mace in his grip. He is considerably shorter and has a beard hanging nearly to the center of his chest!
(Tag anyone!)

Mirko takes several seconds and looks himself over, shaking his head in disbelief. He then walks over to the drow and smashes the icy prison that holds the mage, who falls out on the floor gasping and choking for breath.
Mirko grabs the drow roughly by the collar and drags him out into the hallway leaving his companions behind.

Pushing down the nagging voice of Shit screaming for Raynal's blood Almego says inwardly, Not yet! Not until I can get them all at once. If I were to kill him now the Barbarian would rip us to shreds. Wait... have patience.
Then to his cousin, he says, "It is clear that carrying the statue of Kane has clouded your good judgment. Alison will carry its burden now."

He shoots Alison a mean look as he is still trying to figure out why she told Mirko to take the Burning Blade. And look what it did to him!

While Alison reluctantly frees Raynal, Almego casts a simple magic detection spell and looks around the room. The drow’s blade is infused with magic, as is a thin wand that is lying nearby it. As he picks those up, he hears Raynal growl, “What once was mine, bitch, will be mine again in due time.”
Alison chuckles in reply and blows the furious ranger a kiss.
With a snarl, Raynal lunges for her but a blue sheen of ice forms over her, protecting her from his grasp. Furious, the ranger draws steel but before he can swing, the tiny golden clock begins to chime.
"Don't you see the humor in your struggling against me cousin?” Almego says, his voice laced with magic. “You see it don't you?"
Raynal doesn’t “see it” at first, but then his jaw twitches and a chuckle escapes his lips. Another soon follows and then loud laughter and then gut-wrenching laughter to the point that Raynal can do nothing but laugh.
Alison chuckles too at the ranger’s antics…that is, until Almego knocks him over the head with the hilt of the mithril blade he just picked up!

“Help me get him out of here,” Almego asks of Alison, who shrugs and grabs one of Raynal’s arms.
Almego bends down to help and breaks into a fit of coughing that lasts for several seconds. Alison grabs him in concern and wipes the sweat off his forehead. “What’s the matter with you?” she asks, worried.
“Don’t know,” Almego rasps. “Must be coming down with something.”
And then the two proceed to drag Raynal from the tomb of Jundar Swordbreaker.
(OOC: Did Almego take the other stuff out of the sarcophagus?)

Back in the hallway…

Mirko drags the drow into the hall, much to the surprise of the survivors. He is glad to see his brother and the others at least moving a little bit. “Take care of…” he is about to say but clamps his hand over his mouth; his voice sounds like gravel being ground underfoot. Clearing his throat, the barbarian continues, “Take care of the drow,” he says, nodding at Graham. “He may be worth something to us alive.”
“More like dead if you ask me,” Hudson says, leaning on his sword.
“What happened to your voice…and to the rest of you?” Borth asks, staring at his brother in awe.
Mirko shakes his head and walks over to the form of Tanta Hagara.
All the pain this damned bitch brought to my clan and my family. Could it truly be over?
With a growl, Mirko raises the Burning Blade and smashes the Blue Queen to pulp. Feeling better, even though covered with gore, Mirko says, ““I knew I should have convinced Dreys to come with us.”
Borth grins and so does Hudson saying, “Could be worse Mirko…er…though I don’t know how, but I’m sure it could be worse!”
And the big warrior bursts out laughing. Borth chuckles too and even Mirko smiles.

And then Almego and Alison emerge from the tomb, dragging an unconscious Raynal behind them. Shirl staggers to Raynal, pulling him into her arms, giving Alison and Almego a questioning glare.
Alison chuckles and turns away and Almego shakes his head sadly and then asks aloud, "The Prophecies aren't clear as to what we should do now that we have the Weapons of Power. Any ideas?"


No one says anything for several seconds, but then Franklin clears his throat and speaks up. “What was it the Prophecy foretold?” And then he begins to recite…

‘Ere the first of Spring, ‘ere Winter’s thaw
A wind shall rise from Northern maw
Sisters three reborn from death
Taint the land with fetid breath

The other Lathanderians join in…

Schemes of darkness conjure stain
Marauding foes and ceaseless rain
Heralds for their coming lord
Summoned by pain, blood, and sword
His host shall cripple every form
Swept away by Shadowstorm!

And then Almego, Mirko, and finally Alison join them

Salvation comes with Lathander’s light
Uthgar’s hand and Auril’s bite
Shadow stealth and arcane art
Strengthened by a Lion’s heart
Heroes six shall don the Black
And wield the arms of freedoms attack
The Burning Blade, the Freezing Rage
The Hand of Time becomes a cage
Bear them true without relent
Else darkness reigns and life is spent

When the Prophecy is done and the echoes resound off the walls of the tomb, the companions know what they must do next: they must venture forth and confront the Storm Sisters in a battle for the Realms.

But until then, they must gather their dead and leave this place. Battle looms on the horizon and it must not be kept waiting…

Stats:
Alison – down 26
Almego – 30/17 – Spells in effect: Blur = 20% miss chance; Mirror Image = 2 images
Borth – down 56
Mirko – 99/5

Franklin – 50/3
Graham – 42/1
Hudson – 63/3
Shirl – 45/4
Raynal – 52/11
Swindell – 48/5

Agean – dead
Boric – dead
Tusk – dead
Quaggoth – dead

Tanta Hagara – dead
Drow warriors – all dead
Drow mage – barely alive…for now


Almego has the drow mage’s mithril blade and his wand.
__________________

  #61  
Unread 19th of January, 2009, 07:46
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Before leaving Mirko gives proper burrial to his fallen comrads

He knows what he has to do and is ready to finish
The sisters will be no more
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #62  
Unread 20th of January, 2009, 10:53
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego wear's a scowl upon his pale face as Mirko and his brother dig graves. Casting an eye towards his cousin he thinks in the deepest recesses of his mind, I hope I don't end up doing the same for you before this is all over. He then looks up to Alison and basks in the love that he sees in her eyes, Or you my dear, or you...
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren