Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 28th of February, 2008, 10:05
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego decides to take his time with this particular wood elf. Drawing upon the necromantic powers at his command he focuses upon the strength that drives this elf, but as he attempts to cast the dweomer that would draw the elf's strength from his very muscles he is interupted by his swordwork and the spell is lost. Snarling at Boomer he ducks and dodges his blade the best he can as he draws again upon the power and goes through the motions of casting the same dweomer, but fails again! This time as he is making the somantic gesture necessary to complete his necromantic ray of weakness his clothing gets caught upon his breastplate and holds his hand back too long, thus screwing up the spell for the second time. "Curse my luck!" he yells. This elf's swordwork is dizzying me and interfering with my spellcasting! Let us see whose swordwork proves greater! Almego fades back to his corporeal form and with a lightning fast flick of his hand, shoots his sword from its sheathe and into his waiting hand. Before engaging completely into a deadly dance of death he casts an eye at Alison to see how she is faring. Better luck to you my lover! Quickly turning his gaze back to Boomer he prepares to do mortal combat, sword vs. sword, to the death. Waiting for the elf to swing so he can strike a counter-blow he thinks back to his combat with the pirates led by Korman the White,I found myself in a focused battle trance against those pirates. Find that focus now Almego... He sees an opening and quickly darts in with his blade and causing a deep scratch across the elf's face, from ear o nose on his left side. Almego smiles at him as a small flock of the elf's hair caught by the sword swing begins to gently fall to the ground. As he watches the elf's blood ooze from its face he says, "I will shave you bald and wear your hair as a wig before I'm done with you."

(Remember that I have that fast healing 5, which still hasn't been accounted for in the previous post. Damn my luck on the dice roller, should have just let you roll it )

.................................................. .................................................. ....

12 Defensive Casting Roll vs DC 16
85 Spell Failure for Ray of Enfeeblement
22 Ranged Touch Attack with Ray of Enfeeblement
28 To confirm critical hit, if applicable
6 Temporary Strength Damage
12 Critical hit, if applicable

25 Defensive Casting Roll vs DC 16
15 Spell Failure for 2nd Ray of Enfeeblement
18 Ranged Touch Attack with 2nd Ray of Enfeeblement
23 To confirm critical hit, if applicable
4 Temporary Strength Damage
8 Critical hit, if applicable

29 Attack roll with rapier
12 To confirm critical hit, if applicable
7 Damage with rapier
19 Critical hit, if applicable

.................................................. .................................................. ....

(I'm posting this before I even finish writing it up so that I can see how my rolls turned out, to get a better idea of how I should write it.)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 28th of February, 2008 at 10:40.
  #27  
Unread 1st of March, 2008, 18:53
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko looks to Dreys,

What ye think Dreys,
Amra, you have a map of these regions, say the truth, with them portals the elistrae lady brought us throught I’m not sure what’s round these regions
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #28  
Unread 2nd of March, 2008, 03:46
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys looks back at Mirko and says, "wonder how Almego be doin? we need to find him in time."

Dreys agrees with Mirko, "we need to see a map, been turned around three er four times, me head is still swimming."
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #29  
Unread 3rd of March, 2008, 00:04
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Almego Goes Home, Part 7

Almego Goes Home, Part 7

WE 5 and WE 6 converge on Almego, disrupting the necromantic spell his is preparing. Almego decides to take his time with this particular wood elf. WE5 draws blood with a deep cut to Almego’s thigh (D5), and the other Wood Elf misses.
Snarling at the Elves, Almego ducks aside and draws again upon the power, but his shirt gets caught on his breastplate and screws up the casting. “Curse my luck!” he yells.
And then he curses yet again as WE5 stabs him in the chest! (D10)
This elf's sword work is dizzying me and interfering with my spellcasting! Let us see whose sword work proves greater! Almego fades back to his corporeal form and with a lightning fast flick of his hand, shoots his sword from it’s sheathe and into his waiting hand. Before engaging completely into a deadly dance of death he casts an eye at Alison to see how she is faring. Better luck to you my lover!

Alison and Boomer are engaged in a deadly battle that ends abruptly when she sprays him in the face with fire from her fingers! (D11) She grins as Boomer’s burning form falls to the ground to smolder in the snow, but her grin turns to a cry of agony as WE1 drives his sword into her back! (D11) “That is for my friend, you bitch!” he growls
Alison wheels on the Wood Elf, pulling her new rapier from her hip. She stabs at her foe, but he knocks her attack aside and counters with a slash across her shoulder (D4).

Quickly turning his gaze back to his foes, Almego prepares to do mortal combat, sword vs. sword, to the death. Waiting for the Elves to swing so he can strike a counter-blow he thinks back to his combat with the pirates led by Korman the White. I found myself in a focused battle trance against those pirates. Find that focus now Almego... He sees an opening and quickly darts in with his blade and causing a deep scratch across the face of W5, from ear to nose on his left side (D7). W5 howls in agony and Almego smiles at him as a small flock of the Elf's hair caught by the sword swing begins to gently fall to the ground. As he watches the blood ooze from the Elf’s face he says, "I will shave you bald and wear your hair as a wig before I'm done with you."
This taunt only serves to enrage the Wood Elves who attack the young sorcerer with a vengeance. But Almego seems to have found his focus, and as his wounds heal before the eyes of the angry Elves, he easily blocks and dodges their attacks.

And then strikes out fast and furious, driving his blade through WE5’s throat, killing him instantly! (D10)

Stats:
Alison – down 11
Almego – full hp (having healed 15 pts over three rounds)

Boomer – dead
Wood Elf 1 – down 1
Wood Elf 2 – dead
Wood Elf 3 – dead
Wood Elf 4 – dead
Wood Elf 5 – dead
Wood Elf 6 – full
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wood Elf Battle 2.JPG (23.7 KB, 2 views)
__________________

  #30  
Unread 3rd of March, 2008, 00:55
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Adventures of Dreys & Mirko - Post 4

Originally Posted by scbeachbum # Dreys looks back at Mirko and says, "wonder how Almego be doin? we need to find him in time."

Dreys agrees with Mirko, "we need to see a map, been turned around three er four times, me head is still swimming."
Amra sends a runner to her house who quickly returns with an armload of old ragged scrolls that are flaking around the edges and tied with leather strings. She clears the table and unfolds the first one (Amra's Map below).
"You are here," she says, pointing at Quaervarr on the map. "Silverymoon is to the south, and even farther, Everlund, the City of Trees...my hometown."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OOC: Fellers, I am emailing you the maps because you can only attach one at a time in a post. Email me or chat here with questions.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Amra's Map.JPG (101.0 KB, 7 views)
__________________

  #31  
Unread 4th of March, 2008, 00:08
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Grinning as the power of the shadow heals whatever wounds his foes open upon him Almego steps into the wood elf's next swing, not even trying to dodge out of the way, and slams his own rapier home. The blade twists behind his defenses toward the poor creature's gut and he enjoys the combination of the pained sounds coming from the elf mixing with the screams of glee from the shadow within his head.

A thought floats along somewhere within him, seemingly as distant as the heavens, and at first he is unable to place who the voice belongs to. What are you letting yourself become? Then he recognizes it with a start. It's me. What have I become? Good question... what I needed to be? He shakes his head to dismiss the arguing going on within himself and focuses upon the elf he's faced with in combat.

Deciding that enough is enough Almego sheathes his blade in a swift motion and steps back out of his sword reach, determined not to make the mistake of letting this elven swordplay interfere with his casting again. Drawing deep upon the power once again he focuses the chaotic energies at his grasps into another bolt of sizzling electricity that he lets fly at his foe.

After seeing his opponent's body drop to the ground, convulsing wildly as the electricity wreaks havok upon his nerve system, he looks to see how his 'lover' is faring. "My sweet, do you need help?"

If Alison has already dispatched her foe Almego will look down at the bleeding wood elf and smile thinking inwardly to Shit, These elves be damned. Satisfied?

.................................................. ................................................

(ooc: I wanted to give the roller another try and not discount it completely yet. If I was wrong in my assumptions of the woodelf's AC or Hitpoint total then make corrections as necessary and slap my wrist. I'm just trying to practice my writing methods you know. By the way, I've been doing my AC wrong a bit. I have dodge. AC 19, 20 vs. the elf I'm in melee with.)

.................................................. ................................................

17 Attack roll with rapier
11 To confirm critical hit, if applicable
6 Damage with rapier
18 Critical hit, if applicable

79 Spell Failure (1-15% = Failure)
14 Ranged touch attack with Valkur's Shocking Strike
28 To confirm critical hit, if applicable
12 Damage with Valkur's Shocking Strike
25 Critical hit, if applicable
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 4th of March, 2008 at 00:20.
  #32  
Unread 6th of March, 2008, 17:30
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego Goes Home, part 8


Grinning as the power of the shadow heals whatever wounds his foes open upon him Almego steps into the Wood Elf's next swing, not even trying to dodge out of the way. W6 drives his sword into Almego’s side (D5). Almego ignores the wound that begins to heal over almost immediately and slams his own rapier home. (D6) The blade twists behind his defenses toward the poor creature's gut and he enjoys the combination of the pained sounds coming from the Elf mixing with the screams of glee from the shadow within his head.
Suck his soul right out of his eye sockets! Give him to me!!
Another thought floats along somewhere within him, seemingly as distant as the heavens, and at first he is unable to place who the voice belongs to. What are you letting yourself become? Then he recognizes it with a start. It's me. What have I become? Good question... what I needed to be? He shakes his head to dismiss the arguing going on within himself and focuses upon the Wood Elf who jabs a sword at his face, missing.

Deciding that enough is enough Almego sheathes his blade in a swift motion and steps back out of his sword reach, determined not to make the mistake of letting this Elven swordplay interfere with his casting again. Drawing deep upon the power once again he focuses the chaotic energies at his grasps into another bolt of sizzling electricity that he lets fly at his foe. The bolt slams into the Wood Elf, blowing a hole clean through him, spraying the snow with blood and bits of bone (D12).
After seeing his opponent's body drop to the ground, Almego looks to see how his 'lover' is faring. "My sweet, do you need help?"
And he recoils at what he sees. Alison is standing by herself, arms crossed, and a sadistic look on her face as she watches a trio of shadows rip and tear her Wood Elven foe to pieces! She looks up at Almego as the Elf’s screams abruptly stop and smiles.

Shuddering, Almego looks down at the dead wood elf and smiles thinking inwardly to Shit, These elves be damned. Satisfied?
The Shadow within chuckles in reply.



Alison walks over, blood running down her leg, her face alive with excitement. She grabs Almego, kissing him hard, bringing blood to his mouth. She pushes him against a tree and grinds into him, biting him on the neck.
(OOC: Are you revolted or revved up?)

Stats:

Alison – down 11
Almego – full hp


Boomer – dead
Wood Elf 1 – dead
Wood Elf 2 – dead
Wood Elf 3 – dead
Wood Elf 4 – dead
Wood Elf 5 – dead
Wood Elf 6 – dead
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 6th of March, 2008 at 17:33.
  #33  
Unread 10th of March, 2008, 21:44
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Surprised by Alison's sudden lust for him, so soon after their battle, Almego is shocking - to say the least. Almego is loathe to make his lover think he doesn't want her, but as she bites his neck and he tastes the blood in his mouth his eyes wander to the bodies of the dead surrounding them. This just isn't right... Reluctantly he pushes Alison away from him and shakes his head. "This isn't the place. We should be far away from here. Now." With that he turns to go, not even bothering to search the elves possessions.

(ooc: unless of course Alison objects, which I'm guessing she might. Sorry again for taking so long. And sorry about the short length of the post. I didn't want to get too far ahead of myself. I have a feeling Alison is gonna have something to say about me pushing her away.)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 11th of March, 2008 at 02:51.
  #34  
Unread 12th of March, 2008, 06:21
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego Goes Home, part 9

Surprised by Alison's sudden lust for him, so soon after their battle, is shocking - to say the least. Almego is loathe to make his lover think he doesn't want her, but as she bites his neck and he tastes the blood in his mouth his eyes wander to the bodies of the dead surrounding them. This just isn't right...
Reluctantly he pushes Alison away from him and shakes his head. "This isn't the place. We should be far away from here. Now." With that he turns to go, not even bothering to search the elves' possessions.
Alison, breathing heavily, pouts silently for a few seconds and then follows along after Almego. Once she catches up with her lover, she grabs him by the arm and turns him about to face her.
"So since you are in such a hurry to get 'far away from here', can you tell me exactly where we are going? 'Cause I don't feel like wandering around Neverwinter Woods. It's a dangerous place... so I've been told."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Stats:
Alison * down 11
Almego * full hp

Last edited by elmer_jok; 12th of March, 2008 at 06:56.
  #35  
Unread 12th of March, 2008, 06:56
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego looks from his lover to the northwest. He squints his eyes as if with just a bit more effort he would be able to see through the darkness of the large forest and to Agatha's whereabouts. Forget it fool. She'll find you when She wants. Sighing and shaking his head he says, "Forget it. I was foolish to think we'd be able to find her anyhow." He nods to the dead form of Boomer and adds, "He was right I believe, the Great Witch goes where she pleases and I'm sure it will be nigh impossible to track down her lair." Almego starts walking again, to the south, and when she doesn't immediately follow he looks back over his shoulder to her. He notices again how the cold bites at her as a stray vesper brushes against him to chill his exposed face as well. Ah, I forgot to give her that enchanted ring! He smiles and walks back to her. Reaching into his Haversack he fetches forth the Ring of Warmth. Reaching out he grabs her hand and while looking her in the eye he says seriously, "Whatever fate has in store for us, I hope it spares you any harm Alison. I'm sorry I dragged you out in the cold on a fool's hunt. Here," He slips the ring onto her finger, "take this and warm yourself. We'll be back in Conyberry soon. From there we will plan our trip, into the far North."
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #36  
Unread 12th of March, 2008, 21:11
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Almego Goes Home, Part 10

When Alison slips the ring on she immediately feels warmer and that helps "warm" her mood as well. She hugs Almego and murmurs into his ear, "Sorry for hurting you earlier, lover. It's just that you...bring out the beast in me." She giggles and squeezes his butt. "A warm bed and you beside me sounds good. But as for our trip to the Far North...why are we going there?"
Almego looks at her, wondering just how much to reveal. And to keep from talking, he starts heading back to town.
The Hand of Time has told him basically where the other two weapons of power are located...at least the general direction. One to the south of here, the other to the...far...
The other weapon has shifted position! How can that be? It's almost as if it's...moved!

Seeing the puzzled look on his face, Alison grows concerned. "What is it? What do you see?" she looks around the forest and he can sense that she has embraced her magic.
"When we were in Neverwinter..." he trails off, trying to piece the puzzle together in his mind. When he finally was able to study the Hand of Time, he got a feeling of the other items. It seemed one was south and the other north but now...he realizes that was more of a general feeling.
"From Neverwinter..." he murmurs, his mind racing with ideas.
Alison shakes her head slightly, trying to help him, but unable to do so.

And then...it clicks.
"It's part of a triangle...like a map!" Almego says excitedly, grinning like a child who has just discovered a long-held secret.
"Each is a point in a triangle!"
Alison frowns and asks, "Honey, what the hell are you talking about?"
Almego gently takes her by the arms. "One point is Neverwinter. Another is Triboar...I think. And the other..."
He tries to draw a mental map of the region, knowing that Longsaddle is to the north, but the perimeter in his mind goes beyond that and slightly east. "The other is somewhere to the northeast of Longsaddle. I know it! I can feel it!"

Alison nods, going along with whatever fantasy Almego is caught up in for a few seconds. And then she says, "So...are we heading back to Conyberry...or somewhere else?"
Almego looks down at her, scoops her in his arms and kisses her, chuckling in excitement. When he puts her down, she smiles back and then he sees panic pass over her face.
"What? What is it? You think I'm crazy don't you?"
She shakes her head and replies, "I know you're crazy, but why is your trident glowing?"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good morning brother! Confused yet?
If you have a map of the North, preferably the one I sent you guys a few days back marking your positions, you can draw a "triangle" starting with Neverwinter to Triboar to...and figure out where the other two weapons of power are located!
But...why IS your trident glowing?
-g-
__________________

  #37  
Unread 13th of March, 2008, 20:58
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Always someone wanting your attention when you're as good looking as me.

Almego signals for Alison to look around by pointing first to his eyes then waving his hand off in one direction. Then he draws upon the source and casts a quick spell of Dweomer Sight. Gazing through his magically enhanced vision he looks around searching for any intruders using or hidden by magic.

Who else dares to hinder the already difficult path I tread. Fear my wrath fools.

Failing to spot anything he will embrace the shadow again and use his incorporeality to pierce through trees and undergrowth to search out his enemy. Using the light of his trident Almego will try and triangulate his foe's position.

(ooc: It all depends on what I find as to what I'll do when (and if) I find them)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #38  
Unread 18th of March, 2008, 20:57
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Dweomer sight reveals nothing, but his ears do - screams, roars of battle, the sounds of destruction...all coming from Conyberry!
"Gods no!" Almego whispers as Alison grips his hand like a vice, thinking of all of the good people in the town. And then suddenly, a large mass comes flying through the air, glancing off trees, to land with a thump in the snow a few feet from the pair.
Alison gasps and Almego cringes when they see it is a man...or rather, what's left of a man. "It is one of the townsfolk, probably a rooftop archer. But how in the hell did he end up here?" Almego wonders aloud.
And then...the ground shudders...literally.

"Ahh, where you go, little man?" roars a harsh voice as a towering ice blue-skinned giant steps through the trees, searching for his prey. In the distance the battle rages, but Almego is transfixed by the frost giant - the immense size of the creature, the rank smell of its unwashed flesh, the blood-spattered hammer it leans on as it looks for the man.

Alison is plastered against the side of a thick oak tree, terror plain on her face. Her eyes plead with Almego not to move.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actions?
__________________

  #39  
Unread 19th of March, 2008, 19:31
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Thump, thump! Thump, thump!

For a moment Almego thought this other sound beating in his ears was another giant coming from the other direction, from deeper within the woods. As he turned his head back that way though he feels a slight burning sensation against his chest as the Lionheart Amulet fights against the fear threatening to grip the young sorcerer's heart. Then he realizes the source of the thumping must be his heart trying to beat its way out of his chest! Despite the great power of Valkur's Boon Almego is afraid, yet...

He pushes away his fears of death and closes his eyes against the screams of battle and death coming from his home. With a sense of Deja Vu he thinks back to when the lizardmen attacked his village and killed his mother. I was helpless back then, just a child. I'm a child no longer! I CAN do something this time! A mad, rushing flood of thoughts come screaming through his mind and vaguely he feels pain coming from his hand. Looking down he realizes that with white knuckles he was grasping a hard shape within his pouch - The Hand of Time! He bends down close to Alison's ear and whispers, "Stay low. Don't move. I can't do nothing... not again." If she looks close enough and sees the pain in Almego's eye she will know better than to try and convince him to do otherwise, he won't budge. Letting her go he embraces the shadow and says to Shit, here's a soul the size of a building for our master! You want to feast?

Floating away from the tree he and Alison were huddled behind he gets a tingling pleasure as the cold air brushes against his face feeling like silk and inwardly bubbles with glee. The sensation the shadow grants. Where has it been all my life. With you I am so much MORE! Before Shit can respond Almego positions himself behind a tree about 20 yards away from where he started, closer to Conyberry and the giant. Pulling forth the Hand of Time he thinks on the words to activate its powers to get them right in his head then says them invoking the powers of the artifact, "Dem es berste tyme peru muse" He spins the hands a few clicks to the 7 o'clock position and lays down an enchantment of Confusion upon the giant. Wasting no time he lets the clock slip into his pouch and points his finger at his foe and speaking a necromantic phrase of power, "Deb'ilitius" A grey ray leaps out at the giant, intent upon sapping its strength to bring it down a few notches to Almego's level. Before the giant turns and can spot where the attack came from he ducks behind the tree and sinks into the ground to float to another position.

(ooc: I know I'm nuts, but what did you expect him to do? He's not going to do nothing when his village is being sacked! Tactically I think I can do this as a player, as a character he thinks he will be killed. Truthfully, he might just be! I'm going to need a tactical map please. The more detailed the better as little things like concealment and terrain might make all the difference for me since I'm able to maneuver around it being incorporeal and he's not. I may even be able to fuck him up without him even seeing me! You can give me a call if you have any questions on what I'm trying to do. When I get to my next position my plan is to hit him with another Ray of Enfeeblement. If I hit with both and roll good I can knock him down pretty damn low. If I get a critical on one of them... I may even be able to beat him up in hand to hand combat! I'd love to finally drain something completely of strength!)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 19th of March, 2008 at 19:53.
  #40  
Unread 24th of March, 2008, 21:22
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Almego and the Giant

Originally Posted by elmer_jok # He pushes away his fears of death and closes his eyes against the screams of battle and death coming from his home. With a sense of Deja Vu he thinks back to when the lizardmen attacked his village and killed his mother. I was helpless back then, just a child. I'm a child no longer! I CAN do something this time! A mad, rushing flood of thoughts come screaming through his mind and vaguely he feels pain coming from his hand. Looking down he realizes that with white knuckles he was grasping a hard shape within his pouch - The Hand of Time! He bends down close to Alison's ear and whispers, "Stay low. Don't move. I can't do nothing... not again." If she looks close enough and sees the pain in Almego's eye she will know better than to try and convince him to do otherwise, he won't budge. Letting her go he embraces the shadow and says to Shit, here's a soul the size of a building for our master! You want to feast?
Yes! I hunger...feed me!
Alison glances at Almego and mouths the words don't move...but he has no time to think about it, he has to move...now!


Floating away from the tree he and Alison were huddled behind he gets a tingling pleasure as the cold air brushes against his face feeling like silk and inwardly bubbles with glee. The sensation the shadow grants. Where has it been all my life. With you I am so much MORE! Before Shit can respond Almego positions himself behind a tree about 20 yards away from where he started, closer to Conyberry and the giant. Pulling forth the Hand of Time he thinks on the words to activate its powers to get them right in his head then says them invoking the powers of the artifact, "Dem es berste tyme peru muse" He spins the hands a few clicks to the 7 o'clock position and lays down an enchantment of Confusion upon the giant.
The giant pauses for only a second, shakes his head, and says, "Ah, there you are!" With thundering footsteps, the giant walks toward the broken villager and examines him to make sure he is dead.

[quote]Wasting no time he lets the clock slip into his pouch and points his finger at his foe and speaking a necromantic phrase of power, "Deb'ilitius" A grey ray leaps out at the giant, intent upon sapping its strength to bring it down a few notches to Almego's level. Before the giant turns and can spot where the attack came from he ducks behind the tree and sinks into the ground to float to another position.[/qyote]

The ray strikes the giant in the back and the giant groans in sudden weariness. (-5 on STR) Rubbing his eyes, he turns around and stands, thinking it best to maybe head on back. But then a second gray coruscating ray leaps out from Almego's hand and strikes the giant again (-7 on STR). The giant groans and calls out, holding himself up with his hammer and by leaning against a tree.
"Weak as water. What be wrong with me?" the giant muses.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Alright man - great spellcasting; he's ripe for the picking....sort of.
Do you still need a map?
-g-
__________________

  #41  
Unread 24th of March, 2008, 22:47
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Dreys and Mirko, part 2

Adventures of Dreys and Mirko – Quaervarr, part 2

Mirko looks to Dreys. “What ye think Dreys? Amra, you have a map of these regions? “With them portals the Eilistraee lady brought us through, I’m not sure what’s round these regions.”
Dreys agrees with Mirko. “We need to see a map. Been turned around three or four times; me head is still swimming."
Amra sends a runner to her house who quickly returns with an armload of old ragged scrolls that are flaking around the edges and tied with leather strings. She clears the table and unfolds the first one.
"You are here," she says, pointing at Quaervarr on the map. "Silverymoon is to the south, and even farther, Everlund, the City of Trees...my hometown."
“Beautiful town, that is,” Simpson chimes in, smiling. “Get most of my wood for my clocks in Everlund. Nice folk to deal with. Me and the family are gonna head down there and stay for the winter. Figure I can pick up some good wood there and then head back to Neverwinter in the spring.”

“How ye get to Neverwinter from Everlund?” Dreys asks, frowning, trying to make sense of the map.
Amra takes a second map and then a third and lays them out, but isn’t satisfied with them. Then she finds a very nice map in a watertight scrollcase and unrolls it on the table. (See attached map – it’s the same as the one I sent you via email a few weeks ago.)
“We are here, in the Moonwood, with Silverymoon and Everlund to the south,” she says pointing at each of the places in turn. Over here is Neverwinter on the coast.”
“Ain’t Almego in Neverwinter by now?” Dreys asks, looking at Mirko who seems lost in thought. “Wonder how he be doin’? We need to find him in time.”
“In time for what?” Amra asks.
Mirko and Dreys stare at each other for a few seconds, considering how much to reveal, but then decide to tell Amra at least part of their story.
“We be on a quest to stop three hags from destroying the Realms,” Dreys says, staring into the mug in his hands. “And to do dat, we need to find three weapons, ‘cept we don’t know where they be.”
“Three hags? Three weapons?” Amra frowns. “Now, I’m the one who is confused.”
“It’s all part of a prophecy,” Mirko growls. “One we didn’t ask to be caught up in…and it just keeps getting deeper as we go.”
His ears are ringing with the memory of the Quaggoth chanting, Bahrim Quah! Bahrim Quah!
Amra orders more wine and says, “Maybe you ought to start at the beginning. Another snow storm is blowing in today and we have nothing but time.”

“That’s one of the weapons!” Dreys says, leaning across the table. “The Hand of Time,” he whispers.
At the mention of the name, Simpson chokes on his wine and Norma slaps his back several times to help the Gnome catch his breath. When he does, he says, “I know where the Hand of Time is hidden. But I didn’t know…”
“Where?” Mirko growls harshly, too harshly but effective nonetheless.
“It’s in m-my shop…in Neverwinter.”
Dreys and Mirko look at each other and at the same time they say, “Almego.”

A couple of hours pass as Dreys and Mirko relay the story of how they came to be on this quest. They tell of Agatha and the Prophecy of Darnath and the Storm Sisters, and how they rescued the prisoners from Spartan Isle, the attack on Thornhold, the trip to Waterdeep and through the Underdark, losing or leaving companions along the way. And when it is over, Amra sits back and rubs her eyes wearily, listening to the crackling wood in the fireplace and looking out the window at the children playing in the snow.
“Lathander’s Light…” she murmurs after a time. “Prophecy can be a blessing and a curse. But for which ever one it is, it has brought you here, entangled Quaervarr in your quest. That has to mean something. And…I think I know what it means.”
Everyone waits in silence for several seconds before Amra says, “It means you can’t do this alone. I will lead you to Triboar, where a part of the Prophecy will be fulfilled...I think. Don’t ask me how…it’s just a feeling I have.”
“And you’ll take us to Everlund too?” Norma asks, holding Simpson’s hand.
Amra smiles and nods. “Indeed we will see you and your family safely to the City of Trees.”
“When do we be leaving?” Dreys asks.
“Tomorrow, with the rising sun.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



Ready to roll, fellers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The North - current locations.JPG (182.3 KB, 7 views)
__________________

  #42  
Unread 25th of March, 2008, 08:08
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
"What's wrong with you? I'd ask the same thing." Nearly blinded by the necromantic powers flooding through him he let's another ray of strength-sapping energy fly from his fingertips. You will be weak as a worm forced to crawl upon the ground!

"Why are you attacking Conyberry?!" Almego demands as he moves forward while already slinging another ray of enfeeblement at the already weak giant. You will not even possess the strength to draw breath!

Seeing that the giant was having a hard time standing under its own weight after the first two necromantic rays he's sure the giant can hardly offer any resistance now and closes for the kill - but not before he gets some answers from the monster that killed one of his fellow villagers. Your soul will not even make it to the after-life for what you've done here this night!

Anger boils up inside of the young sorcerer and as he closes within striking distance he quickly pulls forth his gleaming trident. Whirling it around with lightning quickness he levels it and pulls back, ready to throw at a moments notice. Almego demands of the frost giant again, "Now before I give your soul over to the shadow, who sent you?!"

(ooc: Two more rays of enfeeblement, just to make sure. Thanks for showing how much strength damage they're doing. Then I'll close to within 10 feet and quickdraw my trident out but keeping to my incorporeal form. If he tells me what I want to know, or tries to fight me, I'll attack him taking 1 strength damage with every hit. I have +9 to hit when incorporeal (using dex since I have no str), only do 1d8+1 dmg (since I have no str), an AC of 17 (since armor doesn't count, but I do get a bonus from cha mod), and cannot be hit by weapons that aren't at least +1 and even then have 50% miss chance on any attacks from a corporeal source. I was just thinking, is this being able to become incorporeal overpowered? There's high level spells that only do this rounds/level per casting. I'm sure there's some draw back on my soul or alignment though right?)

(ooc p.s.: I guess I don't need a map. Envision the map for the fight with the wood elves pretty much right? But closer to Conyberry.)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 25th of March, 2008 at 11:03.
  #43  
Unread 25th of March, 2008, 21:13
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Almego and the Giant, part 2

Almego and the Giant, part 2

"What's wrong with you? I'd ask the same thing." Nearly blinded by the necromantic powers flooding through him he lets another ray of strength-sapping energy fly from his fingertips. You will be weak as a worm forced to crawl upon the ground!
The ray strikes the giant and he groans in fear and confusion (-7 to STR). He knees buckle and he falls to the snowy ground, holding himself up by his massive arms.


"Why are you attacking Conyberry?!" Almego demands as he moves forward while already slinging another ray of enfeeblement at the already weak giant. You will not even possess the strength to draw breath!
The giant moans loud again as yet another ray strikes him, leaving him as weak as water (-6 to STR – that’s -25 total!). The giant falls on his side, blinking in confusion at the failure of his body.
“Thrym! Help…me! Please!”


Seeing that the giant is not going to get up, Almego now closes for the kill - but not before he gets some answers from the monster that killed one of his fellow villagers. Your soul will not even make it to the after-life for what you've done here this night!
Anger boils up inside of the young sorcerer and as he closes within striking distance he quickly pulls forth his gleaming trident. Whirling it around with lightning quickness he levels it and pulls back, ready to throw at a moments notice. Almego demands of the frost giant again, "Now before I give your soul over to the shadow, who sent you?!"
Alison steps away from cover now that the giant is down and pulls her new rapier, stalking up alongside of Almego.

The giant’s weak eyes focus on the pair and it opens his mouth in horror (Frost giants are superstitious and seeing a “ghost” probably loosens his bowels! ) and tries to pick up its heavy hammer, but cannot. Instead, the giant begins to curse in its gravelly tongue as loud as it can.
Sounds of the sacking of Conyberry are dwindling down and loud calls ring out through the forest…calls for companions to check their status. Calls that Almego realizes will lead the others to search for………
“Gertang! Gertang? Rak su bog lut?”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actions?
Man, I'm loving this! Great posts, brother!
-g-
__________________

  #44  
Unread 26th of March, 2008, 08:25
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Gertang? Rak su bog lut? Giant gibberish! Hearing the loud voices in the forest all around them Almego decides he's done all he can... almost.

Jumping forward in a flash he stabs down with his trident straight into the giant's chest. To the Shadow with you!

He focuses on draining the remaining strength from its body while telling Shit to feast upon its soul. Almego doesn't know what to expect, but wishes as gruesome of a death as Charletain Sinblade's was upon the evil giant that saw fit to attack his village.

Only after the giant has stopped it's yelling, stopped its squirming, and stopped it's breathing does he notice Alison. Seeing the fear upon her face and hearing the sounds of more enemies getting closer he finally decides that it's time to get out of here. If it's not too late...
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 26th of March, 2008 at 18:55.
  #45  
Unread 26th of March, 2008, 11:39
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko cant rest thinking about the people left behind and also the ones still dependant on his actions

finally he gives up trying and gets up to walk outside thinking on the consequences of his actions and still confused about the prophecies in which slowly he begins to put a bit more stock in

and gets ready to meet Triboar
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #46  
Unread 26th of March, 2008, 21:07
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Almego and the Giant, part 3

Originally Posted by elmer_jok # Gertang? Rak su bog lut? Giant gibberish! Hearing the loud voices in the forest all around them Almego decides he's done all he can... almost.
Jumping forward in a flash he stabs down with his trident straight into the giant's chest. To the Shadow with you!
The trident penetrates the giant's mail and into its flesh and it howls in pain (C10) and in horror as "the ghost" attacks him. Caught up in the battle, Alison rams her rapier in the giant's gut, twisting it and unleashing a jolt of electricity into the creature at the same time! (D10)
The giant screams again and this time the reply comes from very close by. "GERTANG! USON BOKTOK! USON BOKTOK!"

Crashing through the trees is another giant - it is dressed much the same as Gertang, but has long blonde hair and carries a great axe in both hands...and it is a female. Seeing Gertang being attacked by a woman and a ghostly figure, the giant hisses and then whistles loudly.
She bares her broken teeth and smiles as a white wolf the size of a small horse comes running past her and charges right at Almego and Alison!
With a roar, the female giant wades in too!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can you say, "Damn! We're in a tight spot"? I thought you could.
-g-
__________________

  #47  
Unread 27th of March, 2008, 10:01
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego rips his attention from the giant beneath his heel and turns to face the new threats. There's too many! Hearing Shit curse him as a coward and calling for blood he responds inwardly, We will have the blood of those that attacked my home!

"Get out of here as fast as you can! Use the Shadow Jump you showed me." he says while turning to meet the charging winter wolf with the forks of his trusty trident. Moments before impact Almego materializes and puts his regained strength into the thrust.

He looks over his shoulder and sees her hesitation. "Go! I'll find you!" Somehow, but first let me find a grave for this bitch and her pup!

(ooc: If the wolf looks like its charging Alison instead of me I'll jump to attack him before he gets to her. +8 attack, 1d8+5 dmg, AC 19, Grapple +7... no miss chanc when material I'll commit one more round to melee combat with the wolf unless something prevents me.)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 27th of March, 2008 at 10:28.
  #48  
Unread 27th of March, 2008, 21:05
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Almego and the Giant, part 4

Almego and the Giant, part 4

Almego rips his attention from the giant beneath his heel and turns to face the new threats. There's too many! Hearing Shit curse him as a coward and calling for blood he responds inwardly, We will have the blood of those that attacked my home!
"Get out of here as fast as you can! Use the Shadow Jump you showed me," he says to Alison while turning to meet the charging winter wolf with the forks of his trusty trident.

“I’m not leaving you!” Alison replies, summoning her magic.
"Go! I'll find you!" Somehow, but first let me find a grave for this bitch and her pup!
But she doesn’t move and the winter wolf is upon them before anything else can be said.

Moments before impact Almego materializes and leaps in front of the huge wolf, planting the end of his trident, and driving the prongs deep into the beast’s chest! (D16 - double dmg for charge) The wolf snarls in agony and breathes a frosty blast right in Almego’s face! (D13)
With a snarl of her own, Alison lunges forward and drives her rapier into the impaled wolf, wracking the beast with an electrical shock (D11; includes shocking grasp dmg).
The wolf rips free of the trident (OOC: would this cause dmg?) and backs off, even as its master, the female giant, drags her companion from the battle, calling for help as she does.
Knowing their time is limited, Almego says, “Stay near me and let’s put this bitch down for good!” But then the wolf suddenly sucks in a deep breath of cold air and Almego shoves Alison away. “He’s breathing again!”
The arctic blast catches Alison flat-footed and she takes the brunt of the damage (D13), while Almego is only slightly frozen (D6).
“You fucking bitch!” Almego roars, attacking the winter wolf with his trident. But the beast is quick and the young sorcerer misses. However, as the wolf evades Almego’s attack, Alison leaps from the snowy ground and drives her rapier clean through the wolf’s ribs! (C12) The beast yelps in pain and leaps to the side, refusing to die.
But then…the female giant comes crashing back through the trees and brush, her great axe gripped in both hands, her large ugly face, filled with rage!
Yes! More souls for the Dark Lord! Chuckles the Shadow within, but Almego wonders if he means the giants…or them!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Alison – down 24
Almego – 30/27 (healed 10 pts for two rounds)

Winter Wolf – 51/12
Frost Giant – down a few hp from arrows

__________________

  #49  
Unread 28th of March, 2008, 10:20
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
This isn't going to end well, the young sorcerer thinks to himself. We must flee.

Almego embraces the Shadow again and zips behind his lover. He fetches the Hand of Time from his pouch, materializes, and grabs Alison saying, "Fine, we're leaving. Now." Almego spins the dial of the Hand of Time to the 9:30 position and whispers, "A thousand feet north-east." just as the giant and winter-wolf bear down upon them.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #50  
Unread 28th of March, 2008, 21:05
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Almego and the Giant, part 5

Originally Posted by elmer_jok # This isn't going to end well, the young sorcerer thinks to himself. We must flee.

Almego embraces the Shadow again and zips behind his lover. He fetches the Hand of Time from his pouch, materializes, and grabs Alison saying, "Fine, we're leaving. Now." Almego spins the dial of the Hand of Time to the 9:30 position and whispers, "A thousand feet north-east." just as the giant and winter-wolf bear down upon them.
Time slows as the tiny golden clock begins to chime.
Bing...bong...bing...bong...
The winter wolf, blood foaming from its mouth, dives at the young sorcerer, while at the same time, the female giant roars and swings her great axe, looking to cleave the pair of humans in twain.
One second, Almego and Alison are huddled together, teeth bared against the onslaught...the next second, they are standing in shin-deep snow with a slightly queasy feeling in their guts.
"Wh-where are we?" Alison says, shuddering, but not from the cold.
"A thousand feet north-east." Almego replies, glancing back over his shoulder.
The sounds of the sacking of Conyberry can still be heard, including the voice of the female giant calling for her companions and yelling in frustration.
Piece of shit coward! Growls the Shadow within, brooding.
"We can't just stand here," Alison says, taking snow and cleaning her rapier. "You know they will try to find us."
Almego nods, thinking furiously of what to do.
And then, as if by...fate, he spies a wayward pine out near the fringes of the woods, north of the town.
"C'mon!" he says, dragging Alison through the snow. The large pine is only about 100 yards away, but it seems like miles as the pair trudge through the snow, their hearts pounding as they constantly check over their shoulders for signs of pursuit.
And as they make it within 20 feet of the pine a whooshing sound causes them to duck...and a large rock crashes into the limbs of the trees above them! They wheel and see a giant approaching fast, reaching into a large sack at its side to pull forth yet another rock.
"DUN SHON TANG! DUN SHON TANG!" it calls to its companions down the hill.
Almego grabs the clock and begins to turn its hands again, but a calm voice cuts through his thoughts. "We have come for you! Hurry!"
He turns and sees The Diamond Witch - Agatha Shaythameer. She stands within the boughs of the pine; behind her is a shimmering portal.
Montros stands beside her, sword drawn, watching the giant, seemingly unafraid.
Almego grabs Alison by the hand and leads her into the pine boughs and Agatha then grabs him and together, the three of them step into the portal.
An instant of shocking cold grips them and then they find themselves standing in green grass under the branches of a huge tree. The air is warm, flowers are in bloom, and birds chirp and sing to one another. Beside them is a large barn and across from it is a small farmhouse with a chicken coop and a garden behind it.
Agatha turns to look at Almego and Alison and chuckles at the shocked looks on their faces. "Welcome to my home. Are you hungry?"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
__________________

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 15:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren