Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 13th of November, 2007, 14:06
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
"HOLY shit fellars, what we goin to do? me don't have gold. Me got a few silver and copper, that's it." Dreys whips the sweat from his brow. Dreys waits for anything from the others.

Once things are talked about, Dreys will suggest that he has a few weapons that he might be able to trade/sell to help. But it won't pay for the whole thing.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #77  
Unread 13th of November, 2007, 18:07
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko looks at the lady with hat could be interpreted as a coolly reaction, in reality he does not fully grasp or care about the amount of gold being ask for but he does know that much gold could get him a lot of women and alcohol

as hour you say, all right
lets get out of here and do what we came to this rathole for

then with his companions

if there’s something we can do with this hour is free them gnomes, come on Dreys, lets take care of this

if that fucking Yuan has any gold we’ll put it to good use as retribution for damages and profits lost,
if not we’ll we have the ship and what we carry but for sure you’ll keep your promise before the hour is done and our lives may be forfeit,

lookit, those skulls may kill us but we have an hour to do something before that happens


we’ll do what we have to, this lady wants her gold, we’re no use to her dead, but I tell ya, she better bring more than those guards if she’s going to rub us the wrong way
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 13th of November, 2007 at 18:12.
  #78  
Unread 14th of November, 2007, 12:32
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys looks at Mirko........." me knows and understands what we must do, help the family, but we got to take care of things here first........don't know bout you but me not ready to die......................especially before we save the family. how do ye know if we don't step out them doors that those skull things won't just strike us down. Me not too worried bout the men in here, just the floating thingys out side. with Sparkle's friends watchin the family, we need to settle up here first..................somehow."
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #79  
Unread 14th of November, 2007, 16:27
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
all I have is what I carry,
the man is what matters,
the things I carry are just that; things,
I don’t matter to me, it’s not what one carries that makes one a man,
so if anything I have can help here it is,

the lady said we have an hour and I think we should use it to get the gnomes if I have to go naked to do it, we’ll I don’t need more than my hands to break a Yuan’s neck
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 14th of November, 2007 at 16:41.
  #80  
Unread 14th of November, 2007, 17:35
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
"ifn ye want to leave then go.........me goin to stay here and try and fix this mess we got in. and me says once again, me understands what our priorities need to be, but Mirko me friend, priorities change. the family will have to wait fer a bit fer us to take care of the tab. Ifn ye want to leave then be on yur way, me will catch up with ye later."
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #81  
Unread 14th of November, 2007, 17:50
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 22

South Group: Quick Post 22 - Deal or No Deal?

While Mirko and Dreys argue about what to do, Mistress Trantras, who has been listening from the alcoves, slides up, smiling, and says, "Perhaps there is another way for you to pay off the debt, for you certainly may not leave The Kiss."
Mirko begins to protest, but Ginger grabs him by the arm. He jerks away and glares at her as Trantras says, "I have a wager for you. My...companion...Ulisss needs some...exercise. And if you can beat him, then I will absorb your tab back into The Kiss."
"Meaning we won't owe you anything?" Sparkle asks, glancing at Ginger.
"Exactly," Trantras says. "If you can defeat Ulisss, then you may consider your debt paid in full and you are free to go."
"How long will this take?" Mirko asks.
"Probably not long. Ulisss hasn't been fed for about a week - he's on punishment for killing and eating the last three servants I sent to feed him."
She says this as nonchalantly as if talking about the weather...which is non-existent in the Port of Shadows.
"So...do we have a deal?" she asks, smiling.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well, fellers? Deal or no deal? Talk to me.
-g-
__________________

  #82  
Unread 14th of November, 2007, 17:58
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
lets get this done with, wheres this ulises
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #83  
Unread 14th of November, 2007, 18:05
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Trantras smiles. "He is in a cavern below The Kiss. Get ready, barbarian, for I doubt I shall ever see you whole again after you meet Ulisss."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You have a few rounds to prepare - healing, drinking potions, etc.
-g-
__________________

  #84  
Unread 14th of November, 2007, 18:08
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko prepares for a fight,
drinks any healing juice if theres any and is ready, sword in hand he descends,
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #85  
Unread 14th of November, 2007, 18:17
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys will ask for healing also, "ifn we fight we need to be at full power." With that said and healing taken place, Dreys will follow Mirko down the stairs to the lower cavern for what might be the fight of their lives. Waraxe drawn and other weapons ready to reach for, Dreys, with a certain calmness, walks down the stairs. "Dumathion will be with me!"
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."



Last edited by scbeachbum; 14th of November, 2007 at 18:19.
  #86  
Unread 15th of November, 2007, 04:42
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
South Group: Quick Post 23: Ulisss

“Let’s get this done with,” Mirko growls, looking around the common room. “Where’s this Ulisss?”
Trantras smiles. "He is in a cavern below The Kiss. Get ready, barbarian, for I doubt I shall ever see you whole again after you meet Ulisss."
Mirko snorts in derision and begins to prepare for a fight.
"If’n we fight we need to be at full power." Dreys says, looking to Ginger and Sparkle.
Sparkle nods and asks Trantras for a private room, which the hostess graciously provides. Once there, Sparkle reveals that she is a priestess of Eilistraee, a god of Drow who long for a return to the surface world. And she gladly heals her new companions as much as she can. She also gives each of the warriors a vial of healing, should they need it in battle. (See updated stats below.)
While Sparkle is healing, Ginger is talking about what she knows about Ulisss.
“He is a behir – a huge dragon-like creature. Mean and temperamental, behir live to eat and horde items.”
“Do they breathe fire?” Dreys asks, checking the edge on his waraxe.

“No…behir breathe lightning – very powerful lightning.”
Mirko grunts. “Talos protects me; I am not afraid.” He thumps his breastplate for effect.
Bra’kan shrugs. “I am not afraid either. After I kill this dragon, I will be known as Bra’kan the Mighty – Dragon Slayer!”
Sparkle rolls her eyes and seeing the nervous look on Dreys’ face, bestows upon him one more benefit. She calls upon the power of her Lady and grants him some protection from lightning.
Once the healing and preparations are complete, Trantras leads the companions through the back of the common room, to a private chamber that looks more like a storage room than anything they’ve seen yet. But Trantras speaks a few arcane words and the floor and part of the back wall of the room dissolves to reveal a rough-hewn set of stairs, descending into a cavernous mouth. A great stench comes from the cavern and the sounds of something scraping against stone.
Trantras turns to the companions and smiles. “Please give my regards to Ulisss and tell him if he’s a good boy, then Mommy will give him a present.”
Mirko snorts derisively and stomps down the stairs, Firespout in hand. Bra’kan follows on his heels, and then Ginger.
“Dumathoin be with me,” Dreys whispers, allowing a calmness to come over him, as he walks down the stairs. He turns to see Sparkle standing beside of Trantras. “I’ll see you soon,” she says, her voice thick with dread, even though she tries to smile.
And then Trantras waves her hand and the wall closes behind the companions.

The stairs descend for about fifty feet before ending in a huge cavern filled with rock formations and stalactites. A loud growling sound accompanied by the scraping of something against stone comes from up ahead in the shadowy darkness. Dreys blinks a few times, allowing his eyes to adjust to the darkness; he looks to see Bra’kan and Ginger doing the same. But Mirko is as blind as a bat down here and Dreys can tell by looking at him that he is nervous and unsure; it’s probably the first time Dreys can remember seeing the barbarian like this.
Mirko sniffs loudly and looks around, squinting into the darkness, trying to make out any shapes or any movement. Dreys steps up alongside him and says, “Let me lead the way, me friend.”
Dreys and his companions haven’t gone more than twenty yards when charging out of the darkness is Ulisss.
“Time to feassst!” Ulisss roars, opening his mouth wide, sucking it a deep breath.
“He’s gonna breathe!” Ginger yells.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Actions!!!!


Stats:
Bra’kan – full hp – vial of Cure Moderate Wounds
Dreys – full hp – vial of Cure Moderate Wounds; protection from energy/lightning
Ginger – full hp
Mirko – full hp – vial of Cure Moderate Wounds
Sparkle – full hp
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #87  
Unread 15th of November, 2007, 13:23
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys shoves, well the best he can, Mirko to one side. He will then will tuck and roll to the other side hoping to catch the behir with his waraxe as he passes.

"feast on this!"
Dreys yells and begins to hack and slash at the behir.


OOC: Holy shit! Here we go! been nice knowing you guys.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #88  
Unread 15th of November, 2007, 14:12
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko rolls to one side letting off a column of fire from his sword, right after the lightning he'll go for the dragon thing with all his might

OOC: activates his boots of speed and holding his sword with both hands delivers one after another power attack -2 to hit/+4 damage,
dreys, we'll get ourselves a cloak of imitation blue dragon skin from this
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 15th of November, 2007 at 14:22.
  #89  
Unread 15th of November, 2007, 14:14
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Map for QP 23

Here's the map for the last post.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ulisss 1.JPG (15.7 KB, 3 views)
__________________

  #90  
Unread 16th of November, 2007, 22:32
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 24

South Group: Quick Post 24: Tasty Treats!

Dreys shoves Mirko to one side, tucking and rolling out of the behir’s way. Mirko moves with the shove and does the same, diving for cover.
Ulisss unleashes a bolt of lightning that catches Bra’kan and Ginger flatfooted, however, blasting them and flinging them aside! (D29 to Bra’kan; D15 to Ginger)
Dreys rolls to his feet as Ulisss charges and hacks at one of the behir’s legs. “Feast on this!” Dreys yells cutting clean through the behir’s foreleg, leaving it wriggling on the cavern floor! (C27)
Ulisss bellows in agony but Dreys steps in and buries his waraxe in the behir’s side for more damage (D7).
Mirko roars and charges, bringing up Firespout and swinging with both hands. The first swing cleaves off another of the behir’s legs (C39) and then Mirko wheels and drives the flaming blade deep into Ulisss’ belly (D23).
Blood splashes the barbarian in the face and chest and he roars in delight. “Dreys, we’ll get ourselves a cloak of imitation blue dragon skin from this!”
Bra’kan charges in, swinging is double Orc axe in wide circles over his head. But he slips and falls on the bloody floor and his axe goes flying from his hands.
“Seven bloody hells!” he curses as he gets to his feet and lunges after his axe.
Ginger appears too, firing her crossbow, driving a shaft into the soft skin under Ulisss’ neck (D6).
Blood pumping from its wounds, Ulisss bites down on Mirko, the one causing him so much pain. Foot-long teeth tear through Mirko’s armor and sink deep in his flesh (D18). Firespout falls to the floor as Ulisss grabs Mirko with one of its claws, throws back its head and swallows the barbarian whole! Mirko tries to scream as he slides down the behir’s gullet and into its stomach, but the pain is almost unbearable (D30).
“NOOOOO!!!!”
Dreys roars.
“YESSSSS!!!!”
Ulisss answers as he chomps down on the Dwarf (D15). Dreys screams as Ulisss tilts its head back and swallows him too (D27).
Ginger draws steel and charges and Bra’kan finds his axe, but Ulisss ain’t done yet. His tail swats Bra’kan, knocking the barbarian into the reach of his claws. One grabs Bra’kan while another rakes his flesh (D5), and a third begins to squeeze. Blood flies out of Bra’kan’s throat as his ribs crack from the constriction (D15). His eyes find Ginger and he tries to smile, but then Bra’kan the Mighty Wolf-Killer, dies in a stinking cavern underneath the Port of Shadows.
Ginger slashes at Ulisss but her blade barely scores a mark on the behir’s tough hide. Ulisss belches and looks down at her…and smiles.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hot diggity damn! Morning fellers! Nothing like the smell of blood and gut shit in the morning! What you boys gonna do now? Yer still alive...but barely!
-g-

Stats:
Bra’kan – down 49 hp – DEAD - vial of Cure Moderate Wounds
Dreys – down 42 hp – vial of Cure Moderate Wounds; protection from energy/lightning – in the belly of Ulisss!
Ginger – down 15 hp
Mirko – down 64 – vial of Cure Moderate Wounds – in the belly of Ulisss!
Sparkle – full hp
Ulisss – down 96 hp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ulisss 2.JPG (15.3 KB, 1 views)
__________________

  #91  
Unread 17th of November, 2007, 02:20
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys will use his boots to help stable him the best he can in the belly of the beast. Dreys also finds a certain calmness in the bell, HE CAN BREATH! Dreys will begin slashing and stabbing the behir from inside it's belly, using the silvery dagger he had picked up from an earlier battle. He will continue to stab and slash until he is "thrown up", dies or the behir dies.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #92  
Unread 18th of November, 2007, 04:01
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
seeing the mass of teeth block out his vision, disoriented as the beast swallows him his survival instincts explode and his own beast with in burst out, the fear of death turns to vengeful fury and as claws start to grow from his hands Mirko digs deeper looking to tear the beast from within, he looks to eat its heart, he looks to crush its back bone
he's going to make this dragon die in agony
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #93  
Unread 18th of November, 2007, 23:24
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 25

South Group: Quick Post 25: As the Stomach Churns

Sliding into the belly of the beast, Dreys finds a certain calmness in this Hell. And as his boots stabilize him, he realizes something else - HE CAN BREATHE!
“Dumathoin be praised!” he mutters, pulling the silvery dagger he had picked up from an earlier battle. He stabs into the soft inner wall of the behir’s gullet, draws back the dagger, and stabs again (D13). He barely sees a hole clean through, big enough to get his arms through…if he can just make it bigger.
But then the behir’s gullet constricts and fresh stomach acid sears into Dreys and he screams in agony and almost drops his dagger. (D29)

Seeing the mass of teeth that block out his vision, Mirko is disoriented as the beast swallows him. But then his survival instincts explode and his own beast within bursts out and he welcomes the change from man to beast! The fear of death turns to vengeful fury and as claws start to grow from his hands Mirko digs deeper looking to tear the behir from within - he looks to eat its heart, he looks to crush its back bone; he's going to make this dragon die in agony.
The Blue Bear attacks, ripping and tearing with its claws, gouging a hole clean through to the outside cavern (D21). As Mirko/Bear slips through, he sinks his fangs into Ulisss’ flesh and rips out a large chunk, allowing himself to spill out into the cavern again. (D10)

Ginger gapes in astonish as the huge bear claws its way out of Ulisss. And even though the hole closes up, the pain is evident in the behir’s demeanor. “He’s hurting! We need to finish him!” she cries, flinging two arrows at the beast’s head. Both arrows dig in deep and Ulisss screams and nearly falls. (D11)
Desperate to get away, Ulisss wheels around, using its tail as a weapon, sweeping the cavern floor, slinging Mirko and Ginger several feet (D2). Mirko roars and charges, lumbering forward, latching onto Ulisss’ tail.
From within, Dreys, his mind beginning to slip away from the acid and pain, stabs and stabs again, (D19), widening the hole enough for him to slip through and fall out into the cavern. And with his exit, Ulisss goes down, writhing in death.
But Mirko doesn’t relent. He climbs up the back of the dying behemoth and pounces upon its neck, ripping and tearing with tooth and claw.

Seconds later, the wall shifts again and in rushes Sparkle and a stunned Trantras along with several of her guardsmen. Upon seeing Ulisss and a great bear worrying its corpse, Trantras screams and tears at her hair.
“GET OFF OF HIM! GET OFF OF HIM! OHHH, ULISSS, THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!”
She begins to sob uncontrollably and slithers forward to embrace her dead companion.
“Me lady…what about…our debt?” Dreys barely manages to say from his back on the floor.
“It has…been paid…with the life of my dear friend.” Her voice is heart-wrenching and then as the great bear with the bluish tinged fur leaps off of the behir, Trantras turns to the rest of you and her sorrow is replaced with rage. “Now, leave this place and should I ever see you again, I will take of you myself!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



How's that to warm yer breakfast? You're out and you're debt is paid, but you've lost all of the night. And you're hurting bad - what are you gonna do?
-g-


Stats:
Bra’kan – down 49 hp – DEAD - vial of Cure Moderate Wounds
Dreys – down 71 hp – vial of Cure Moderate Wounds; protection from energy/lightning; stone salve!
Ginger – down 17 hp
Mirko – down 66 – vial of Cure Moderate Wounds
Sparkle – full hp
Ulisss – down 170 hp - DEAD
__________________

  #94  
Unread 19th of November, 2007, 02:01
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys staggers out of the cavern, with the help of his companions. "w...w...we need to find the family" Dreys says with muttered breath.

Dreys will try and focus but it is hard. Dreys needs healling and needs it bad. IF Sparkle and Ginger can help, Dreys will not turn it down.


OOC: I'll keep checking back today, but this will be my last day posting till probably Friday.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #95  
Unread 19th of November, 2007, 04:00
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
the strong ocher smell blood still in his nostrils the Beast-Mirko releases the corpse of his enemy as his vision starts to clear he moves over to Dreys puts its snout over his face looking him in the eye dreys can see a shine of intelligence but the beast is still agitated and breaths in his breath realizing he’s still alive (thought barely) he slumbers over to the broken body of Brakan the beast slumbers over to the broken body
the beast seems gentle when it approaches smells the body and snorts, with its claw it gently pushes brakans arm, it drags the great axe close to brakans dead hand and pockes/pushes again, he smells the body again
starts pacing swinging its head back and forth the pacing becomes more and more agitated until it stands in its hind legs to its full height opening his chest wide he lets out a thunderous roar

RRUUUAAAAGHHHH!!!!

his eyes now burn with anger as he turns to focus on Trantras
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #96  
Unread 19th of November, 2007, 04:24
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
his eyes now burn with anger as he turns to focus on Trantras ready to charge her
he starts a heavy run towards her and passes Dreys

he suddenly halts interposing his body between Dreys and Trantras and standing again opening his heavy clawed arms he roars again threatening-challenging Trantras looking to force her to back off

GGRRRAAAAAGGGHHH!!

thought the beast is ready to tear Trantras apart with disregard to his likely death what stops him is the realization that if this happens he’ll hastened Dreys death as well

if he can see they open a path for them
he’ll pick up Brakans body and also Dreys to bring them out of the hole

once out side and more in control of his senses

we need to hole up Dreys, we need to recover to get the family we're thair best chance and we wond doem much good like this, the Yuan wont give them up easily
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 19th of November, 2007 at 04:28.
  #97  
Unread 5th of December, 2007, 15:55
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 26

South Group: Quick Post 26: Promises in the Dark

With the strong ocher smell of blood still in his nostrils, the great Blue Bear’s vision starts to clear as he moves over to Dreys and puts his snout over the Dwarf’s face looking him in the eyes, snuffling his breath. Through a haze of pain, Dreys can see a shine of intelligence in those eyes but the bear is still agitated and he slumbers over to the broken body of Bra’kan.
The great bear seems gentle when it approaches and smells the body and snorts. With its claw it gently pushes Bra’kan’s arm, and then it drags the great axe close to Bra’kan’s dead hand and pokes him again. The bear smells the body again and begins pacing, swinging its head back and forth. The pacing becomes more and more agitated until the great bear stands in its hind legs to its full height. Opening its chest wide, the beast lets out a thunderous roar. RRUUUAAAAGHHHH!!!!

Those deep blue eyes now burn with anger as the bear turns to focus on Trantras, ready to charge her. She senses the bear’s intent and narrows her eyes as she begins to summon her magic.
The great bear drops to all fours and begins to run toward her, but suddenly halts as he passes Dreys, interposing his body between Dreys and Trantras. He rears up again, clawing the air with heavy clawed arms, and roars a threatening challenge to Trantras, hoping to force her to back off.
GGRRRAAAAAGGGHHH!!


Trantras is shaking with grief and rage, and Sparkle realizes they are in grave danger. She steps in between the great bear and Trantras and waves her arms. “It’s over, my friend. We are free to go.”
She speaks slowly, yet powerfully, and the great bear suddenly drops to all fours again and shakes its head back and forth, looking at Trantras and then at Sparkle. It turns and sniffs Dreys again…and then backs off a few paces, seemingly unsure what to do. And as its heart-rate slows, it begins to change…

“Get up, Dreys,” Ginger whispers, shaking the Dwarf. “We must go.”

“Don’t have to tell me twice,” Dreys mumbles, staggering out of the cavern, leaning on Ginger for support. “W...w...we need to find the family," he manages to say with muttered breath. Ginger nods and whispers, “We will. But first we have to get clear of Trantras…before her mind turns to revenge.”
As Trantras watches in shock, the great Blue Bear of Uthgar changes form and in seconds there stands before her, bathed in sweat, is the barbarian, Mirko.
Mirko sighs deeply, eyeballing Trantras for a few more seconds, and then he turns to Bra’kan’s body and picks up his dead friend; without a word, he follows, Dreys and Ginger out of the cavern. And with one last look at Trantras, Sparkle hurries out behind them.
And none of them see Trantras, the mistress of The Kiss, clench her fists with rage as she kneels down beside Ulisss. And none of them her fervent promise to her dead companion. “I promise you this, noble Ulisss…my friend. Those bastards and bitches will never leave the Port of Shadows!”

Sparkle quickly leads them out of The Kiss and into an alley at the back of the festhall. Ginger sits Dreys down gently and examines his wounds. The flesh on his head and face is raw from the acid in the stomach of the behir, and his wounds are bleeding freshly; his face is drawn and pale. Ginger pulls the healing draught from his belt and gently pours it down his throat. Dreys sighs as the potion does its work (H19) and then coughs violently for several seconds.
“Here,” Sparkle says, fishing the same potion from Bra’kan’s belt and shoving it into Mirko’s hand. “He doesn’t need it, but you do.”
Mirko nods and drinks the draught in one gulp, shuddering as its warmth flows through him, mending tissue and flesh. (H20)
“We need to hole up.” Mirko says, looking down the alley, wary of intruders. “We need to recover to get the family. We’re their best chance and we won’t do ‘em much good like this. Plus, the Yuan won’t give them up easily.”
“We don’t have a lot of time,” Sparkle says, moving out down the alley at a fast pace, not waiting for the others.
Mirko hoofs off after her and catches up to her just as they cross a street that seems quite busy for the early morning…at least, it feels like morning down here. He grabs her by the arm and turns her around to look at him.
“I told you we need to rest!” he growls. “We ain’t no good to nobody like this!”
Her eyes light up like fire and Mirko realizes how she got her name among the Skulkers in this hellhole. “We rest when I say we rest and not before! Zstulkk Ssarmn is moving the Gnomes, may the Lady keep them safe! For all I know they are already beyond our reach, but I am not going to quit until I know for sure.”
She jerks her arm free from Mirko’s grip and hurries down the street. Still bearing the broken body of his friend, Mirko follows, glancing back to make sure Ginger and Dreys are still with him.
More allies pass by along with several faces of creatures unlike anything Mirko has seen on the surface; faces he hopes he doesn’t have to see again. Sparkle then comes to an open market like area where a stage is set up and rows of benches are placed before it. The market square is empty except for a few folks cleaning up. One is a hunch-backed man sweeping off the stage.
Sparkle approaches him and asks about the latest auction, specifically about any Gnomes. The hunch-back talks in hushed tones to her as if not wanting to be seen with her. At the end of their conversation, she puts something into his meaty hand and then hurries back to where the rest of her companions wait, near the Fish Market.
Her eyes are filled with worry as she says, “Ssarmn sold the Gnomes at auction not more than an hour ago.”
“Who bought them?” Ginger asks.

“The Horned Dwarf – Ahmaergo – an agent of the Eye.”
Ginger gasps and visibly staggers.
“What is it, lady?” Dreys asks, wincing in pain from the tender flesh on his face and hands.
“The agent we killed in the streets of Waterdeep a few days past was also an agent of the Eye or the Xanathar as he calls himself. So, the Gnomes belong to the Eye now?”
Sparkle shakes her head and begins walking up Furlong Street. “No, and that’s what is the most confusing about all of this. The hunch-back said that Ahmaergo didn’t take the Gnomes back to his lair.”
“Then where did the bastard take ‘em?” Mirko asks, adjusting Bra’kan on his shoulder.
“The hunch-back didn’t say, but something is up, and I don’t know…”
Sparkle’s voice trails off and she gapes in shock, looking up the street past the market. “There he is.”
Following Sparkle’s gaze, the companions see a rather tall Dwarf dressed in black spiked armor standing in front of a large two-story stone building just up ahead on the right. The Horned Dwarf is talking with a man who bears an arrogant stance and has the markings of a wizard. The man wears dark robes and has a long gray beard.
“The Lady preserve her children! Why is Ahmaergo talking with Chantos Graybeard?”
“Who cares, let’s go get him.” Mirko growls, looking for a place to set Bra’kan’s body.
“No! I can’t!” Sparkle says, earning strange looks from her companions. “Trust me, if I go near the Hired Horrors establishment there will be a…disturbance. Trust me.”
“What about the Gnomes?” Dreys asks. “We be running out of time, lady.”
“Master Dwarf, I gave my promise that I would find the Gnomes and deliver them safely on my life. And I promise you the same; I do not intend on breaking my promise to you or to them. But…I cannot be seen by Chantos or anyone else from the Hired Horrors. If I do, they will kill me.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Whoowhee! Started typing several hours ago and just now finished up - time for bed for me! Well, take a good read or three and talk to me.


Stats:
Bra’kan – down 49 hp – DEAD
Dreys – down 32 hp
Ginger – down 17 hp
Mirko – down 46 – vial of Cure Moderate Wounds
Sparkle – full hp
__________________

  #98  
Unread 7th of December, 2007, 02:05
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
"Damnation, we can't get a break fer nothing. what cha think, lets just go up there and see if we can get some info out of him. might work, cause we can't afford a battle right now, and playing nice might work. Sparkle, ye stay here, don't need a scene now."
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #99  
Unread 7th of December, 2007, 08:09
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
right,
Mirko hefts Brakan’s body over his shoulder and makes sure his weapon hand is free,
then runs a quick inventory/ check of his weapons

lets go then Dreys, thought I’d rather run trough that bearded fucker before he can see us coming, never can trust a damned voodoo whore

you coming ginger?
know anything else bout them
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #100  
Unread 11th of December, 2007, 05:24
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
South Group: Quick Post 27: Bargains

"Damnation, we can't get a break fer nothing.” Dreys growls, scratching his beard. “What cha think? Let’s just go up there and see if we can get some info out of him. Might work, cause we can't afford a battle right now, and playing nice might work. Sparkle, ye
stay here, don't need a scene now."
“Right,” Mirko nods, hefting Bra’kan’s body over his left shoulder, making sure his weapon hand is free. After a quick inventory of his weapons, he nods to Dreys. “Let’s go then. Though I’d rather run through that bearded fucker before he can see us coming; never trust a damned voodoo whore. You coming, Ginger?”
Ginger nods and says, “Yeah, and if word on the streets above is true, and you better pray it is, I might know a way to get some information out of him.”
“How’s that?” Mirko asks, watching the Horned Dwarf laugh as he shares a private joke with the wizard, Chantos.
“It is rumored that his relationship with the Xanathar, or the Eye as the beholder is known down here, has become strained; that Ahmaergo may be wanting to break away from the Iron Ring. If that is true, my guess is he…”
“…sold the Gnomes to spit in the Xanathar’s…Eye.” Dreys finishes with a grin.
“Exactly,” Ginger says.
“Which means not only is the Horned Dwarf going against the Eye, but so is the Yuan,” Mirko adds, realizing the betrayal prospect in all of this.
“And to go against the Eye is an invitation for trouble,” Sparkle whispers. “My advice is to approach Ahmaergo with another offer of sale. Something that will peak his interest enough to get him on your side.”
“And what or who do we have to sell?” Ginger asks with a shrug.
“Me.” Sparkle answers. “There is a bounty on my head and the Horned Dwarf will jump at the chance to collect it.”
“But they’ll kill you,” Ginger whispers. “We can’t risk it.”
“We can and you will,” Sparkle commands. “Wait until Ahmaergo finishes with Chantos and then follow him and offer to sell me to him. With luck, he will want to move quick and not involve Ssarmn; his contacts are still close I imagine.”
And as you talk, the Horned Dwarf says his goodbyes to Chantos and comes walking toward you. He seems to be in a good mood, smiling and mumbling to himself.
“Here we go,” Ginger whispers nervously, hurriedly finishing tying Sparkle’s hands and slipping a hooded gag over her head. “Dreys, you do the talking.”
Dreys gapes at Ginger but doesn’t have enough time to protest, because Ginger steps in the Dwarf’s path and says, “We hear you are in the market for some unique merchandise.”
Ahmaergo ignores Ginger, although he does look at Mirko and Dreys, noting particularly the cloaked figure of Sparkle standing beside of Dreys. “Get the fuck out of me way, girl.” He growls, side-stepping Ginger and continuing on.
“If ye ain’t interested,” Dreys begins as Ahmaergo walks by, “we can see if the Eye wants our merchandise.”
The Horned Dwarf stops and turns around slowly. He takes a good look at Dreys and Dreys can feel the power and strength behind those dark gray eyes. “And how do I know this merchandise is so damned special?” Ahmaergo asks.
“Where do ye want to go to take a look at it?” Dreys asks. “This is thirsty work, and a cold beer would do me good.”
Ahmaergo squints at Dreys suspiciously and then looks up at Mirko and the dead body. “I don’t deal with corpses…but I know who does.”
“It ain’t the…corpse I be talkin’ about – it’s this one here,” Dreys says, indicating the cloaked figure of Sparkle. He pulls one of her hands out from under her cloak, revealing her smooth dark skin. The glint in Ahmaergo’s eye is unmistakable and he clears his throat and says, “Well, I could use a beer or two. Come along then.”
The Horned Dwarf turns and heads back up the street he came down a few minutes earlier and leads you to a smoky crowded tavern called The Black Tankard. He walks straight through the place and no one pays him any notice. But when Mirko walks in carrying Bra’kan’s body, folks stop what they are doing and openly stare. Ginger gets more than one hoot and proposition, plus a pinch or two, as she leads Sparkle (still cloaked) along.
Ahmaergo walks into the proverbial “room in the back” – a small, dark room with a table and a few chairs and two small braziers burning to keep the room semi-warm. Almost as soon as you enter, a comely girl comes in bearing a tray of mugs with foamy beer. The Horned Dwarf ignores her, picks up a mug, drinks half of its contents, belches loudly, and says, “So…what kind of merchandise do ye be wantin’ to sell?”
In response, Dreys nods to Ginger and Ginger reaches up and jerks the cloak off of Sparkle…and the Horned Dwarf literally gapes in shock.
He regains his composure quickly, drains the remainder of his mug, and says, “Ye realize I could kill ye all right now and take the Drow meself.”
“But then you would loose some good clients…and our employer wouldn’t be too pleased to have to replace some of his finest agents.” Ginger replies, meeting the Dwarf’s glare with one of her own.
“So, ye got a buyer fer this one or no?” Dreys asks, jerking his thumb at Sparkle.
“Oh, aye, I do. In fact, I just sold a nice cargo to the same buyer; figure he won’t mind another call so soon, especially when he hears what I got to offer. How much fer this Drow bitch?”
Before Dreys can respond, the serving girl bursts into the private room, a look of fear on her face. “Master Dwarf,” she says, rushing toward Ahmaergo. “There is a man here…looking for you.”
“What kind of man, girl?” Ahmaergo asks as he pulls a thick black rod from his belt.
“One of the Eyes,” she whispers, her face growing more pale by the moment.
“Fuck me,” Ahmaergo growls, glancing at Ginger to see the same type of fear on her face. “Ye know about the Eyes, eh Elf girl? They’ll kill anything in their way to get to their target.”
“Then ye need us more than ye did a moment ago,” Dreys says, hefting his axe.
“We don’t want this fight,” the Horned Dwarf says. “Not here, not now. Follow me.”
Ahmaergo wheels around and hurries to the back wall of the private room. He touches a spot in the wood along the wall and a door panel slides open revealing a dark corridor. He motions you in and once everyone is in the corridor, he shuts the door. “This way,” he says, pulling a dull glowing gem from inside his cloak. The glow is just enough to for you to see your way along the twisting corridor that cuts through the cavern behind the lower Port section of the town. It is hot in the corridor and it twists and turns unexpectedly in more than one place, causing Mirko to curse as he nearly gets stuck with Bra’kan’s body. But then you feel cooler, fresher air on your faces and suddenly an opening up ahead comes into view. Ahmaergo steps out of the narrow corridor into a small cavern with openings on either end.
“Were you followed?” a voice asks, echoing slightly in the cavern.
“No, I was careful.” Ahmaergo answers, stepping farther out into the cavern. “I have another package fer ye.”
A few seconds pass and then you are able to make out three figures moving through the cavern toward your position. As the figures get closer, you realize they are Drow – three males – two dressed for battle in dull suits of chainmail with blades of the same metal, and the third dressed in more leisurely, rich attire. It is to this person that the Horned Dwarf offers a slight bow and says, “I had not planned we meet again so soon, but it appears I may have to lay low for awhile.”
“And you brought these surface dwellers to me?” the Drow sneers. “Why, my friend?”
Ahmaergo pulls the cloak from Sparkle and the three Drow gasp is shock. And then the richly dressed Drow smiles. “My, my, my. If it isn’t one of the Chosen? Oh yes, my friend, this is even more impressive than the filthy Gnomes you sold me earlier.”
The Drow looks Sparkle up and down, drinking in her presence, his eyes alight with pleasure. “How much?”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren