Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 26th of October, 2007, 09:02
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Drey's mouth almost falls off his face when the lady unveils herself. "sorry fer me manners, he closes his mouth, me not too hungry me lady, but wouldn't mind a little bite of somethin fer me empty stomach."

"what be the best to order?" Dreys asks as he just gazes at Sparkle.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #52  
Unread 26th of October, 2007, 09:32
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
She smiles at the awkwardness of the Dwarf and replies, "Anything that isn't moving is always a safe bet." She winks and quickly adds, "I usually order the Shrimp Surprise - it's always delicious. What is your name, master Dwarf?"
  #53  
Unread 26th of October, 2007, 11:47
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
"Me name's Dreys Stoneshaft of Kheldell......... me thinks me will try the shrimp; already had one good surprise this night, why not try fer two."

you can see the flushness in his face as he answers Sparkle. He also takes a big gulp to try and clear his dry throat.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #54  
Unread 26th of October, 2007, 14:29
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
some cigars if ye have’em

Mirko’s been quiet taking a long measuring look at sparkle, something about her he cant point exactly what rings in a good way in the back of his mind, he cant deny the beauty of black coral, but that’s not it
he lights a cigar putting the rest offered in his pocket as the image of the green glade comes to mind

you remind me of somebody…

shakes the memory to come back to what needs to be done

lady, I think you know why were here and it aint exactly fer the food, so if this a place we can talk we need some details
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #55  
Unread 26th of October, 2007, 22:51
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Bra'kan does a quick doubletake at the elf. A black skinned elf. Another outcast. She is beautiful. And surviving amidst all the crazy thieves of the area makes her seem all that more powerful.

Bra'kan offers a sheepish smile when asked if he would like anything to eat. "Um, I'll get ... I'll get whatever you get." Stupid Bra'kan. Don't get interested. She would never date someone as scarred as you. While she is outcasted, she doesn't have the curse of looking like an orc. I hate this.

Snapping back to the reality, Bra'kan restates Mirko's question impatiently. "Details, and let's be on with it. I don't like to linger and it's been a while since I've seen action." Action. Oh do I want action. It won't happen here though, so lets move on to a place where I can get some, out on the field of battle.
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #56  
Unread 27th of October, 2007, 21:20
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Quick Pos 16

South Group – Quick Post 16: Details

Drey's mouth almost falls off his face when the lady unveils herself. "Sorry fer me manners,” he says blushing as he closes his mouth. “Me not too hungry me lady, but wouldn't mind a little bite of something fer me empty stomach. What be the best to order?" Dreys asks as he just gazes at Sparkle.
She smiles at the awkwardness of the Dwarf and replies, "Anything that isn't moving is always a safe bet." She winks and quickly adds, "I usually order the Shrimp Surprise - it's always delicious. What is your name, Master Dwarf?"
"Me name's Dreys Stoneshaft of Kheldell. Me thinks me will try the shrimp; already had one good surprise this night, why not try fer two."
The normally dauntless Dwarf is flushed in the face when he speaks to Sparkle and when the waiter arrives with cold mugs of ale, he takes a big gulp to try and clear his dry throat…and to calm his nerves.

Bra'kan does a quick double-take at the elf. A black skinned elf; another outcast. She is beautiful. And surviving amidst all the crazy thieves of the area makes her seem all that more powerful.
Bra'kan offers a sheepish smile when asked if he would like anything to eat. "Um, I'll get ... I'll get whatever you get." Stupid Bra'kan. Don't get interested. She would never date someone as scarred as you. While she is outcast, she doesn't have the curse of looking like an orc. I hate this.


“Some cigars if ye have ’em,” Mirko says to the waiter, a Goblin with a shaved head and big ears. The Goblin smiles, revealing crooked teeth. “Right away, good sir.”
While everyone takes a moment to sip their drinks, they notice that the place is not unusually loud. Most noise comes from quiet conversations and the clanking of plates and silverware. There seems to be some type of upbeat music coming from somewhere outside of the restaurant. The patrons in the Worm’s Gullet are unlike anything you’ve seen before – most are richly dressed and engaged in private conversations. A table of Gray Dwarves huddles over their beer pointing at a map of some kind, a trio of cloaked figures plays cards and sips a green wine and all you can see of them are their skeletal hands and their red glowing eyes, and then there are several tables with humans, Hobgoblins, and beings that are half-blooded of one race or another.
Mirko’s been quiet, taking a long measuring look at Sparkle – there’s something about her he can’t point exactly, but it rings in a good way in the back of his mind; he can’t deny the beauty of black coral, but that’s not it.
The Goblin returns with the food orders and cigars for Mirko. As he clips the end from one and hands it to the barbarian, he says, “Finest leaf from Lurien, good sir. If you need anything else just ask Simpleton.”

Mirko nods and puffs the cigar, savoring its sweet flavor. He puts the rest in his pocket as the image of the green glade comes to mind.
“You remind me of somebody…” he murmurs, watching Sparkle and Ginger talk and eat. Then he shakes the memory away and comes back to what needs to be done.
“Lady, I think you know why were here and it ain’t exactly fer the food, so if this a place we can talk we need some details.”

Bra’kan likewise snaps back to reality and impatiently restates Mirko’s question.
"Details, and let's be on with it. I don't like to linger and it's been a while since I've seen action." Action. Oh do I want action. It won't happen here though, so lets move on to a place where I can get some, out on the field of battle.
Between bites of shrimp, Sparkle explains that the Gnome children arrived a few weeks ago and were immediately sold to Zstulkk Ssarmn. Since then, her contacts have seen the children only twice – once when Ssarmn bought them at Skull Island and once when he moved them to his private quarters. Their parents arrived about four days ago and they are still on Skull Island in separate cells.
“Oh, and Ssarmn seized Valaria and her crew, throwing them in jail, and confiscated her ship, the Pasha’s Pleasure.”
“Are ye serious?” Dreys asks. “The Sea Fox is in Skullport?”
Sparkle nods. “She’s a prisoner on Skull Island. Word is that Ssarmn is going to sell her to some Underdark lord.”
“Ye say they imprisoned her entire crew?” Dreys asks, thinking of Sufi.
“Well, not all of them. One got away – the one they call Viper. He’s still at large in town with a high price on his head.”
As you chew on this information, along with your food or cigar, the Bugbear host returns to your table and asks if everything is satisfactory. As he listens to Sparkle’s reply, he reaches for her wine glass and slides a folded piece of parchment under her palm. He smiles and nods at the rest of you and then walks away, making his rounds to the other patrons.
Sparkle casually unfolds the note and reads it. Her eyes go wide and her head jerks up and then she regains her composure lest someone around should see the change in her demeanor.
“What is it?” Ginger whispers.
“They are moving the Gaggletooth parents…now!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >



Morning fellers - having trouble with the font color for some reason, but I got most of it where you can read it. Cranked this one out as fast as I could this morning. Probably won't get the North post done until Monday. You fellers have a good weekend.
-g-
__________________

  #57  
Unread 28th of October, 2007, 09:10
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys chokes down his last sip of ale and say, "me ready to get this done, where we need to be? we need to be there when they move the family."

Dreys will wait for a moment then add, "we need to make sure we stay in the background, don't need one of the family or crew recognizing us and getting hysterical."
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #58  
Unread 29th of October, 2007, 00:24
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko listens to the situation as he continues to enjoy the smoke of the cigar, hearing about the sea fox and her crew he curses for the woman getting in over her head; se thinks she can play us all….

as the breaking news come

we’ll we may have to take it as it comes, this may be the best chance we get to release the parents, we have to move quick,
yer right Dreys, we have to move with stealth and spring at the last moment,
lets go them,
tell us about the place and force we may encounter on the way

with that he picks up and is ready to move
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #59  
Unread 29th of October, 2007, 13:12
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
"No time to sit and discuss how to rescue them, we must move now if they are being moved." Bra'kan hoists his axe of his back and brings it to a comfortable grip. "Let's get moving, my axe will feast soon and I don't want any of you to be it's dinner."

Why does stealth always have to be mentioned. I don't do stealth. Stealth isn't my style. I well, I scream. I don't stealth. Since when is a dwarf stealthy anyways?
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #60  
Unread 31st of October, 2007, 07:13
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 17

South Group – Quick Post 17: Disturbance

Dreys chokes down his last sip of ale and says, "Me ready to get this done, where we need to be when they move the family?"
“Well, we may have to take it as it comes; this may be the best chance we get to release the parents,” Mirko adds, enjoying the last of his cigar, shaking the visions of Valaria from his mind.

"We need to make sure we stay in the background, don't need one of the family or crew recognizing us and getting hysterical." Dreys adds, standing up and checking his gear.
“We have to move quick. Yer right Dreys, we have to move with stealth and spring at the last moment. Lady Sparkle, tell us about the place and force we may encounter on the way.” Mirko likewise checks his gear, ready to move out.
"No time to sit and discuss how to rescue them, we must move now if they are being moved." Bra'kan hoists his axe of his back and brings it to a comfortable grip. This causes more than a little commotion from the other guests in the Worm’s Gullet and Ginger hisses at him to put his axe down. He ignores her and says, "Let's get moving, my axe will feast soon and I don't want any of you to be its dinner."
Why does stealth always have to be mentioned? I don't do stealth. Stealth isn't my style. I wail, I scream. I don't stealth. Since when is a dwarf stealthy anyways?


Sparkle tucks the note away and calls for the host. The Bugbear comes over quickly and she explains that they have been called away for a business meeting and must leave. She hands him a purse of coins and offers her apologies, but to tell the chef that the shrimp was as delicious as always and that she will return when she has more time. This seems to satisfy the host and Sparkle stands and leads the rest of you out of the restaurant, through the “tail” of the place and onto a walkway that is bathed in gloomy light. Before stepping out onto the parapets she turns to you and says, “To get to the lower levels we must pass a Drow house and its guards. Do not engage them – let me do the talking. And please keep your weapons sheathed.”
She turns and hurries along the rickety walkway, heading straight ahead. Off to your immediate right comes the moody sounds of music where a large building sits; deep sounds of drums come from within and iridescent light spills from its windows. Shadows within the windows let you know that it is a Mind Flayer stronghold. As soon as you are past the corner of the house, a human scream filters through the moody music and then abruptly ends in a gargled choke.
Sparkle never falters nor breaks her stride, but heads straight along the pathway toward the prominent Drow house. You haven’t covered twenty feet when six Drow warriors appear out of the gloomy light ahead of you, barring your way. All are dressed in black chain mail and carry a longsword on one hip and a short sword on the other. The lead warrior only wears one blade but holds a silvery wand in his left hand. The lead Drow speaks to Sparkle in their dark elfish tongue and she answers him, her head held high and proud, with no fear in her voice. He points over his shoulder as he talks, gesturing angrily at what appears to be a huge housing community that has been fashioned in the likeness of a spider – with rooms and accommodations worked into its structure. The outside of the huge “spider” is covered with layers of webs to block out harmful light and large spiders can be easily seen crawling around the structure and along the ceiling supports.
Dreys shudders, drawing a chuckle from behind – turning, you see there is another patrol of Drow that has moved in behind you, similar to the ones in front. Ginger turns to Mirko and Bra’kan and gives them a “not a word” look, remembering what the Half-Orc said earlier about his axe feasting soon. But then, the Drow leader points his wand at Sparkle and issues a strong command. Sparkle’s hands turn into fists and she nods and turns back to the rest of you.
“They refuse to let us pass,” she says through gritted teeth. “We need to create...a disturbance.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Well, fellers - you gonna create a disturbance?
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drow 1.JPG (31.7 KB, 3 views)
__________________

  #61  
Unread 31st of October, 2007, 13:13
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
you messed with the wrong m.f.'s

drawing his sword with mirko looks to cut a bloody path through the drow guards, bring down the blade with both hands on the first drow that gets in his way
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 31st of October, 2007 at 14:47.
  #62  
Unread 4th of November, 2007, 01:39
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys thinks of how "better" this could have went. Now that Mirko draws steel, Dreys will get on alert himself. Ifn they are wanting a fight, then I guess we can help with that. Must not die here, the family is the key, ifn we die they may die in captivity too; Dreys thinks to himself.

Dreys will look around, what is Sparkle doing? what are the Drow doing? These are all questions going through Drey's mind.

If a fight is eminent Dreys will pull forth his waraxe and begin chopping.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #63  
Unread 6th of November, 2007, 03:35
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Quick Post 18

South Group – Quick Post 18: Light and Lightning!

Hearing Sparkle’s tone, Mirko draws steel. “You messed with the wrong motherfuckers!” he growls, stepping around Sparkle and staring at the Drow.
“Finally!” Bra’kan says, removing the double-headed axe from his back. He flexes his muscles and turns around to face the Drow behind him. He grins as they take a step back from him.

Seeing Mirko and Bra’kan draw their weapons, Dreys goes on alert; his eyes flicking from one face to the next, wondering what the next move will be.
If’n they are wanting a fight, then I guess we can help with that.
Must not die here, the family is the key, if’n we die they may die in captivity too.

“On my mark, close your eyes,” Ginger whispers, pulling a short staff from inside her cloak. Sparkle nods, pulls something from a pouch at her waist, and turns back to face the Drow leader. The Drow gestures with his wand and says something in the Dark Elven tongue, to which Sparkle replies by flinging her hand in his direction.

“Now!” Ginger says, lifting the staff just above her head and speaking a command word. Suddenly a brilliant globe of light bursts upon the walkway, illuminating the area as if it were midday above ground. The Drow shriek in agony, covering their eyes just as a series of loud “bangs” go off near the front group.
Sparkle charges and Mirko follows her lead; Ginger grabs Bra’kan by the arm and tugs him along; Dreys brings up the rear, his axe instinctively in hand.
“Burst through them!” Sparkle yells, even as the Drow leader shouts and alarms sound all around the Drow complex.
Like a charging bull, Mirko roars through, swinging Firespout, cutting first one Drow down and then a second. Bra’kan comes along too, cutting one of the Dark Elves nearly in half with his axe, glorying in the spray of blood. Sparkle breaks through the rest of the group that is swinging blindly and turns down the walkway that leads to the descent to the lower levels.
“C’mon! Don’t stop!” she yells, as the others hurry along behind her. But the Drow soon recover from the burst of daylight and pursue quickly.
Ginger drops back, brandishing the staff again and Bra’kan hangs back with her, hoping for more blood on his axe. But then the Drow leader wheels around the corner, leading his men. He eyes burn with hatred and he raises his arms and summons dark arcane power. Bolts fly through the air, whistling by the companions, fired from the Drow hand crossbows, but none finds their mark.
Suddenly, Ginger cries out as an arrow punches through her shoulder and out her back! (D10) Bra’kan gasps and looks for its source…and gapes in horror when he spies a spider-like creature crawling down from one of the “legs” of the Drow house. The creature is half-Drow, half-spider and it grins wickedly as it pulls another arrow from the quiver attached to its bloated spider body.
Ginger convulses in pain and Bra’kan rushes to her. “P-poison…” she says through gritted teeth, as Bra’kan grabs the arrow and pushes it on through, tossing it aside. And as he scoops her up and turns to run, the Drow leader unleashes a searing bolt of lightning down the walkway, sizzling everyone in its path!
(Bra’kan and Dreys take 25 pts damage; Sparkle and Ginger take 12 pts; Mirko takes 15 pts – didn’t save, but breastplate absorbed 10.)
When the sparks clear, you hear the Drow leader say, “Kill the surface dwellers, but bring that Eilistraee bitch to me!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks Bel for being my midday poster! Talk to me fellers.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drow 2.JPG (36.3 KB, 3 views)
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by hedgeknight; 6th of November, 2007 at 12:37.
  #64  
Unread 6th of November, 2007, 14:10
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys stops and puts his axe away grabbing his new crossbow, "now lets see what ye can do." he points it at the spider crawling down the wall. He unleashes as many shots as he can at the spider. Once he can, he will turn the crossbow towards the Drow leader.

Once Dreys unleashes his arrows and hand to hand is in order, he will grab his waraxe once again unleashing the wrath of Dumathion on the Drow. "give me strength!"
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #65  
Unread 6th of November, 2007, 17:17
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko lets his companions run pass him and turns to face the coming enemies

holding his ground he grits his teeth as he prepares to unleash at the last moment and not before

-if dreys looks to engage in melee mirko will try to hold him
hold Dreys, our objective is another, let these fuckers thirsty, we’ve got people to rescue, we cant be delayed here

at the last moment Mirko will call forth a column of fire to blast all the drow on the alley running towards him

open wide mother fucker

then turn to catch his friends and leave the cock suckers behind
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #66  
Unread 9th of November, 2007, 05:06
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
South Group – Quick Post 19: Out of the Frying Pan…


As bolts whiz by his head, Dreys stops and puts his axe away grabbing his new crossbow. "Now lets see what ye can do." He takes aim at the Drider crawling down the wall and squeezes the trigger. The bolt misses the Drider by several feet and the creature answers Dreys’ shot by firing back at him, striking a glancing blow on the Dwarf’s shoulder (D4). Dreys curses as he quickly begins to reload but the Drider is faster and fires again, narrowly missing the Dwarf.
Mirko holds his ground under the barrage of arrows and bolts, several of which miss him completely; one, however, buries deep in his thigh (D5)!
Mirko waves Bra’kan, who is carrying Ginger, behind him and grits his teeth against the burning in his thigh. (Saved vs. poison, but makes him nauseous)
He looks at Dreys just as two missiles of energy slam into his back, spinning him around to face the Drow leader! (D8)
The Drow leader cackles with laughter as he gives the order to charge. His troops draw steel and surge forward, offering battle cries to Lloth. Mirko watches them come and then raise his sword, pointing it at them.
“Open wide, motherfuckers!” he shouts, and then unleashes the full power of Firespout, turning the walkway into a burning inferno! (D15)
The Drow at the head of the charge are smothered in fire, and fall to the walkway, screaming in agony. The webbing around the area goes up in ashes, killing numerous spiders and damaging the already rickety supports of the walkway. The Drider leaps down upon the walkway and scuttles forward, ready to tangle with Mirko.
Dreys reaches for his waraxe as the creature closes and breathes a prayer to Dumathoin for strength. But…the Drider never reaches them because a wall of dense thorns suddenly sprouts from the walkway, blocking the passage and all those on it!
“Now run!” Sparkle shouts, waving her companions forward and down the stairs.
And so they do, hurrying down the spiraling staircase as it plunges into the depths of the gloom below the upper levels. On the way down, Sparkle glances back up at the Drow house and gasps aloud. You turn and see the Drider delicately scaling the structures that have been built on top of one another, making its way toward you. Along with it, come a handful of Drow, including the Drow leader in his now-charred and smoking robes, levitating down via their innate powers.
“Keep going!” Sparkle yells. “We can’t afford to stop!”
She takes off at a run down the stairs that are constantly twisting and turning, passing quickly through the Central heart and downward to the Lower heart of Skullport. The stairs end in nicely paved cobblestone streets and buildings that are two and three and even four stories high, all sturdily built and carefully guarded.
The closest is a towering four-story structure that has white-washed walls and balconies on every level. It is a boisterous festhall and its sign bears the name Long Slow Kiss. “We might be able to disappear inside The Kiss,” Ginger ventures, her face pale as she turns aside to retch up her dinner.
Sparkle nods and looks up; once again her gasp pulls your eyes upward. On the Central walkway you can see all of the Drow standing or floating in air, along with the Drider – none are moving, for all are focused on the three Skulls that are hovering near them! The Drow leader is talking and pointing frantically in your direction. One of the Skulls turns toward you, it’s black, soulless eye holes seeking you out. The Skulls are speaking too and as they do the Drow leader becomes more animated, while his men slowly back away from him. Suddenly, a tri-forked lightning bolt bursts from the Skulls, striking the Drow leader, frying him to a cinder!
The rest of the Drow, led by the Drider, begin the long ascent back to their House. And the three Skulls? They spin around in the air…and come flying towards you!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Stats:
Bra’kan – down 25
Dreys – down 29
Ginger – down 22
Mirko – down 28
Sparkle – down 12
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #67  
Unread 9th of November, 2007, 09:14
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
keep moving we’ve gotto get in doors,
if’n we got to crack these skulls I’d rather they not have room to float around
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 9th of November, 2007 at 11:25.
  #68  
Unread 9th of November, 2007, 12:30
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys will open the door and motion for the others to follow. "me thinks ye right Mirko, indoors might help, but did ye see them fry that Drow, we might need more help."

Once inside, Dreys will pull out a jar of slave and starts rubbing it on himself. "let me see if this might help."
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #69  
Unread 9th of November, 2007, 16:45
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
that damned poking stick didn’t help’im much,


with that Mirko will stay alert and ready to fight but will concede sparkle the lead in dealing with the flying skulls
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 10th of November, 2007 at 03:19.
  #70  
Unread 10th of November, 2007, 23:51
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 20

South Group – Quick Post 20: Kiss of…Death?


“Keep moving! We’ve gotta get in doors!” Mirko says as the Skulls soar downward, spinning and grinning maniacally. “If’n we got to crack these skulls I’d rather they not have room to float around.”
“We’re not cracking anything!” Sparkle says, wheeling around on the barbarian. “These are the Skulls! Didn’t you just see what they did to those Drow? Their word is law and it is unquestioned.”
As the Skulls descend, people on the street scatter like rats running for their holes. Dreys turns to see a side door leading into the House of the Long Slow Kiss and says, “Me thinks ye right, Mirko. Indoors might help, but Sparkle be right too. Did ye see them fry that Drow? We might need more help.”
He opens the door and light and noise spill out into the street. Ginger steps inside immediately and drags Bra’kan with her, even the though the barbarian is growling something about “wetting me axe” again.
Sparkle gives Mirko one more look and says, “Get in – I’ll try and stall them.”
Mirko nods and steps inside. He looks down to see Dreys with a jar of salve in his hand. “Let me see if this might help,” Dreys says as he starts rubbing the salve on his arms.
Mirko snorts. “That damned poking stick didn’t help that Drow much.”
Then Ginger hisses at them and they follow her deeper into The Kiss.
The interior is cramped but richly decorated with wall hangings and sculptures from all over the Realms. And as interesting as are the decorations, even more so are the patrons. Folk from all walks of life seem to be enjoying themselves in The Kiss. Merchants, businessmen, mages – humans, Duergar, outsiders, and more – all are welcome at The Kiss.
“Let’s get a table and order something,” Ginger says, looking over her shoulder. “And let’s pray that Sparkle can deflect the Skulls.”
They squeeze into a table beside a round table where a bunch of folks are playing cards. Nearby at a private table for two, a male Minotaur is wooing a blushing female Tiefling, while in the far corner a group of players pluck and strum a lively tune.
“Damn me eyes!” Dreys swears, looking at a menu. “We can’t stay here long! We ain’t go enough coin!”
Mirko grunts and then tenses. “Don’t worry – from the looks of things, we ain’t gonna be here long at all.”
For coming through the room is Sparkle, flanked by four Skulls – actually, Sparkle seems to be floating through the air, the Skulls “dragging” her by magic.
“Oh shit,” Ginger rasps. “Don’t make any sudden moves.”
As the Skulls drift closer, the tables clear out of the way, their patrons scattering in the wake of the mysterious and unpredictable rulers of Skullport. While three of the Skulls maintain their hold on Sparkle, the fourth addresses you in a loud disembodied voice.
“Interlopers! You have been charged with causing a disturbance in the Upper Heart with the Drow of House Tanor’Thal. Their punishment has been delivered. Now what must we do with…YOU?”
Dreys swallows hard and tries to calm his quivering hands; Mirko’s heart is pounding so loud that he barely hears the Skull’s words; Bra’kan is standing tall, his arms across his chest, openly glaring at the Skulls.
The Skulls seem to converse in their own silent language for a few moments and then the speaker swivels back to face the group.
“You have been found guilty of causing a disturbance!” the Skull pronounces, upon which, several patrons scuttle out of the room, heading for cover.
“But they started it!” Mirko protests, his hand reaching for the blue steel knife at his belt.
“SILENCE WHIPPER SNAPPER!” the Skull roars.
You wince at the loudness of the Skull’s command and then realize that all four of the Skulls are turned toward you. Ginger sidles closer to Bra’kan, her rescuer from the Drow, and closes her eyes, expecting the worst.
“Your punishment is thus: you must buy every patron in The Kiss a meal and a drink – whatever they desire, you must pay. Failure to do so will result in death.”
Abruptly, Sparkle is released and she falls to the floor, groaning and retching. As the Skulls turn to leave, three smaller skulls, radiating blue fire, come sailing in the room, hovering around and floating up and down the stairs.
Dreys coughs and staggers back against your table and then sits down, wiping the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand.
“So we buy a few meals!” Mirko sighs. “Big deal. It was worth it to put those Drow in their place.”
“You don’t understand, Mirko,” Sparkle says, as Ginger helps her to her feet. “The prices in here are the highest in the Port of Shadows. Do you have enough coin to pay the tab at the end of the night?”
“That is exactly what I was thinking,” comes a smooth, silky voice from a shadowy alcove. You turn to see a woman who is barely dressed come sliding out of the alcove – sliding is the appropriate term because she is only half human from the waist up; below her navel is the body of a giant bronze-scaled snake. She is lovely with long copper hair and metallic bronze skin. Her head is adorned with jewelry as are her wrists and fingers. The only attire she is wearing is a thin, multistranded collar of golden thread beaded with ruby gemstones that reaches down to her ribcage. It leaves nothing to the imagination and the dark bronze nipples of her full breasts poke through the strands alluringly.
“I am Transtra – owner of The Kiss. And I assure you, your tab will be paid in full, one way or MY way.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



Good morning fellers! What you gonna do now? Better start hocking your stuff!


Stats:
Bra’kan – down 25
Dreys – down 29
Ginger – down 22
Mirko – down 28
Sparkle – down 12
__________________

  #71  
Unread 11th of November, 2007, 12:04
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
with a grin on his face Mirko replies

well i prefer well rounded asses but i'm sure we can work something out
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #72  
Unread 11th of November, 2007, 12:22
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
he turns stern and addresses the general people in the establishment,

like the skull fucker said, Bread and watter for everyone unless their desire is something else in which case they can also have it together with a good a proper beating for desert!

OOC: intimidate +8

i'll get a detailed bill for each and everyone here!
my friends and i will pay a personal visit
he pats Brakan and Dreys
to each having a different choice make sure the service was to their liking


__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #73  
Unread 11th of November, 2007, 12:33
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
put it on our tab sweet cheeks
we have some business to take care off, we'll come back right after
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #74  
Unread 11th of November, 2007, 13:06
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Listening to Mirko, Dreys will stand as tall as possible for him beside Mirko. Hoping that there won't be a riot, if so, her we go again.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #75  
Unread 13th of November, 2007, 00:02
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 21

Quick Post 21: My Way!


With a grin on his face Mirko replies, “Well I prefer well rounded asses but I'm sure we can work something out.”
Sparkle chokes at his bawdy statement, but Transtra just laughs. “Yes, perhaps we can, barbarian. But I assure you, you don’t want to be in debt to me.”
Mirko smirks and his face turns grim. He lifts his voice and addresses the general people in the establishment.
“Like the skull fucker said, bread and water for everyone unless their desire is something else in which case they can also have it together with a good a proper beating for dessert! I’ll get a detailed bill for each and everyone here! My friends and I”, he pats Bra’kan and Dreys, “will pay a personal visit to each having a different choice.”

He then nods at Transtra whose coppery skin has taken on an angry flush. “Put it on our tab sweet cheeks, we have some business to take care off, we'll come back right after.”
Seeing the fury rising in the lady, Dreys stands as tall as possible beside Mirko, hoping that there won't be a riot at the barbarian’s words.
But as suddenly as her anger rises, she smiles and calls out to her patrons, many of whom were gathering their things to leave; intimidated by the barbarian’s threat.
“Pay the barbarian no mind, my fellow Skulkers.” She inflects the word as an insult, rolling her eyes and with a hint of mirth in her voice. “He has no power here. I am the Mistress of The Kiss and I say that tonight all food and drink is on him and his friends! Eat, drink, and make merry!”
As she turns back to face Mirko and his companions no less than a dozen guards, some human, some Hobgoblin, some Half-Orc, step out of hidden alcoves to gather around their mistress and the others. They are armed to the teeth and appear ready to deal out some hurting on anyone who tries anything shifty.
“Find a table and order a drink,” Transtra says, as she lifts Ginger’s face to look at her more closely. “You are going nowhere until the doors close…and if you try, I will introduce you to a close friend of mine; it’s been awhile since Ulisss has had someone to play with.”
Sparkle grabs Mirko by the arm and says to Transtra, “We will do just that, lady Transtra. Thank you for your hospitality.”
She then jerks Mirko around and says through gritted teeth, “You thick-headed man! Do you want to get us all killed? If so, keep talking or try to walk out of here. You see those skulls floating around the room?”
She points at three smaller skulls wreathed in bluish fire. “Those are the eyes of the Skulls. And just because you can see them, doesn’t mean there are not more of them in this room. The Vassal Skulls can turn invisible at will; there might be one within inches of you and you won’t know it unless it reveals itself. Anything you say or do is related back to the Skulls.”
“I don’t give a fuck!” Mirko growls. “We got business to do in case you forgot!”
“I haven’t forgotten,” she replies. “But it would serve you well to remember the rule of the Skulls: ‘This be safe haven to all traders and customers; keep your weapons and your uncivil tongue sheathed lest you find the grinning skull of Death smiling in your face.’”
“But what about the Gnomes, lady Sparkle?” Dreys asks, lowering his voice to a whisper and glancing around for an invisible vassal skull. “If’n we don’t get out of here soon…”
“Worry not, master Dwarf, they are being watched and followed and once they reach their destination, it will be made known to me.”
She turns back to Mirko and tries to smile as she addresses them again, “Seriously, my friends, we must obey the Skulls…for now and follow Mistress Transtra’s rules. The night will be over before we know it.”
(Assuming Mirko doesn’t start hacking up folks or cause another “disturbance”)…

The rest of the night is a blur of strange faces, conversations both sinister and comical, and at least two assassinations – one on the third floor and one near the bar on the bottom floor not twenty feet from the companions. The dead were removed and several Skulkers questioned but then soon afterward, the music kicked up again and people started drinking, eating, and returned to their own festivities.
And when the last of the Skulkers was ushered out of the festhall (it only closes for three hours at a time to allow for cleaning and preparations), Transtra comes sidling in to the common room with a rolled parchment in her hands.
Her face is glowing with satisfaction as she croons, “I have the tally for the night. And I must say, the Skulkers of the Port of Shadow outdid themselves. Did you realize that nearly 500 folk came through the doors of The Kiss tonight? No, of course you didn’t. But I did, and I hope your private coffers run deep. Here is the tally.”
Magically, the parchment floats from the jeweled hand of the mistress to Sparkle’s. The servant of Eilistraee unrolls the parchment and gasps aloud, tears springing to her eyes. “M-mistress Transtra…are you sure this amount is correct?” she asks.
“Indeed I am, in fact, it was a few coins more, but I like round numbers so I shaved off the few coins and rounded down to a nice lump sum.”
Mirko looks from Transtra to Sparkle and shrugs. “Well, how much do we owe this shit hole?”
Sparkle swallows and says, “The meals and drinks at The Kiss…some are 10 gold each, some a few more. And with 500 patrons, some ordering more than one drink…well, we owe 15,000 gold.”
Ginger puts her hands over her mouth and Dreys is so shocked he has to sit down. Even Mirko looks stunned. But Transtra just smiles.
“Where in the hell are we gonna get 15,000 gold?” Bra’kan declares, voicing the question that is running through everyone’s mind.
“You have an hour to come up with the coin,” Transtra says. “If you can’t…or won’t pay, then the Skulls will follow through with their threat.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



Now what, fellers? Ye got 15,000 gold in yer pockets? Man, I love being the DM.
-g-
__________________

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren