Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Unread 5th of October, 2007, 09:57
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

Member: #2433
Dreys will speak up when the "captive" speaks to him, "me and me rocks not much like ye right now, damned elf." he gives the elf a wink, "till next time."

Turning towards the guards, "who ye be, who ye serve? me not attackin right now, but me not puttin me axe down till ye answer. (pointing at the girl) and who be this here elf anyway? we not here fer trouble, we just lookin fer somebody."

Dreys will grip his axe and his "rocks" and wait for an answer from the lead guardsmen.

Unread 5th of October, 2007, 12:41
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
a barely perceivable low growl escapes Mirko as he knows threaten
as he looks around at the armed men, he knows if they have to fight their way out of this trying to keep the elf captive would actually work against him, would not shield behind her either
he looks to his companions with resolution as its still uncertain if they’d have to bleed it out with out words he reassures Brakan trying to make sure he keeps his cool

loosens his grip on the elf allowing her release
as she walks away he tightens his grip on his blue knife and says to the man talking
you want to die today fucker, move against us and I assure you, I will kill you

Mirko focuses on the man and lets Dreys continue talking
Unread 9th of October, 2007, 03:22
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Quick Post 9

South Group – Quick Post 9: Calming Down

A barely perceivable low growl escapes Mirko. He looks around at the armed men and he knows if they have to fight their way out of this while trying to keep the elf captive would actually work against him; he would not use her as a shield either. Mirko looks to his companions with resolution, reassuring Bra’kan with a nod, hoping his fellow barbarian will keep his cool.
Standing up straighter, Mirko loosens his grip on his captive and she slips out of his grip and bends to retrieve her weapons. She gives Dreys a wink and says, “Sorry for the kick – just a girl’s frustration you know. If it’s any consolation, I didn’t kick you as hard as I could have.”
“Me and me rocks not much like ye right now, damned elf." Then he returns the wink. "’Til next time." Then he turns to the guards and asks, “Who ye be, who ye serve? Me not attackin’ right now, but me not puttin’ me axe down til ye answer.”
The leader gives a slight nod of his head and says, “We are part of the city guard of Waterdeep under the service of the Lord’s Alliance which rules our city. We protect and serve the citizens of Waterdeep, two of which you are accosting for no good reason.”
“No good reason?” Mirko says, taking a step forward, his anger rising. “She killed a man who we were questioning about…about a private matter.”
“Sir, you would do well to calm…down.” Says the man whose hands glow with magic.
“You want to die today, fucker?” Mirko growls. “Move against us and I assure you I will kill you.”
“Easy now, boys,” the guard leader says, glancing back and forth between Mirko and the guard. “There’s been enough killing today.” This remark he throws at Ginger, who crosses her arms and shrugs. On the cobblestones, Reese groans and stirs and Ginger goes to him, as Bra’kan steps back, his eyes focused on Mirko…waiting.
Dreys points his axe at Ginger and asks, “And who be this here elf anyway? We no here fer trouble; we just lookin’ fer somebody.”
“Tell me who you are looking for. Maybe I can help you find them.” The guard leader says, as Ginger helps Reese to his feet, leaning him against the wall. After making sure he won’t fall down, Ginger wheels around and says, “And I’m tired of you calling me an Elf! Just because my father was an Elf, doesn’t make me one!”
“So…you’re just a breed…like me, eh?” Bra’kan says bluntly.
Ginger bristles and the guard leader steps up and says, “Before we come to blows that we will regret, why don’t we all calm down and have a drink and a talk. We’ll get some drinks from the Haven and find some crates in the warehouse (he points to the building behind you; #15 on the map), and have a chat; see if we can’t figure all of this out.”
The guard leader then walks up to Dreys and extends his hand. “I am Westin Slate, but I didn’t get your name, master Dwarf.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

Evening fellers! Thanks again, Bel, for posting this for me.
-g-

Last edited by hedgeknight; 9th of October, 2007 at 06:21.
Unread 9th of October, 2007, 08:12
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Mirkos eyes narrow and as he tries to measures the guard leader intentions
finally shifts his weight back, sheaths his weapon and turns towards the warehouse, passing by Brakan he slaps him on the shoulder,

Cm’on Brakan, haven’t seen you turn down a free drink yet and if we need to straighten out these cocksuckers at least drunk they’ll have a chance of running away,
then turns to Ginger
ya know, blind drunk might even take you up on that offer
a wink to her and continues walking with a smirk on his face
Unread 9th of October, 2007, 08:59
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

Dreys answers the lead guard, "me names Dreys Stoneshaft." He reaches out to shake his hand, but keeps his guard up and will not loosen the grip on his axe.

Dreys will follow the man into the tavern. Once inside he will sit down and down an ale then tell the guard of their search.

" me and me companions come looking fer the Snaggletooth family. We were to meet Mr. Snaggletooth. we have private business with him................ye looks the man square in the eye...............do ye know where we can find him? if not, me will leave ye to your drink, cause ifn ye can't help we be wastin time."

Unread 10th of October, 2007, 02:27
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Quick Post 10

South Group – Quick Post 10: Plots within Plots

“Me name’s Dreys Stoneshaft,” Dreys answers, reaching out to shake the guard leader’s hand while keeping a firm grip on his axe.
Westin nods and cocks his head to the side. “From Thornhold, are you? How is old Silvertooth? He used to venture with my father before they settled down and started families.”
While Dreys and Westin talk, Mirko’s eyes narrow as he tries to measure the guard leader’s intentions. Shifting his weight, he sheathes his knife and turns toward the warehouse. Passing Bra’kan, he slaps the Half-Orc on the shoulder, saying, “C’mon Bra’kan! Haven’t seen you turn down a free drink yet. ‘Sides, if we need to straighten out these cocksuckers at least they’ll have a chance of running away if we’re too drunk to catch ‘em!”
Bra’kan grunts and chuckles, gives Reese a final sneer, and follows Mirko and the others toward the warehouse. Then Mirko turns to Ginger and says, “Ya know, a blind drunk might even take you up on that offer.” Her scowl earns her a wink and then Mirko continues walking with a smirk on his face.
Once inside the warehouse, crates and barrels make suitable tables and chairs and after a few swallows of cold beer from the tavern next door, Dreys says, “Me and me companions come looking fer the Snaggletooth family. We were to meet Mr. Snaggletooth in town. We have private business with him. He looks Westin square in the eye. “Do ye know where we can find him?”
Westin kind of shrugs and looks at Ginger and Reese. Dreys takes another gulp of beer and says, “If not, me will leave ye to your drink ‘cause if’n ye can't help we be wastin’ time."
Ginger and Reese exchange another meaningful look and then Ginger says, “Perhaps your guards should patrol the outside of the warehouse while we talk.” She catches Westin’s eye and raises her eyebrows as if waiting for a response.
Westin gives the order for his men to make sure the courtyard is cleaned up and he sends two of them for more beer and a plate of cheese and bread.
Once the guards are gone, Ginger begins whispering…just loud enough for those gathered around her to hear. “The children are here in Waterdeep…and so are their parents. The children arrived about three months ago and their parents just a few days past.”
“Who brought ‘em here?” Mirko asks, meeting the guards at the warehouse door and taking the tray of beer and food from them.
“The Sea Fox, Valaria,” Reese answers, nibbling at a bit of cheese. Once inside, it is obvious that Reese has Elven blood too, perhaps not as much as Ginger, but some nonetheless.
“Why am I not surprised!” Mirko growls, ripping off a chunk of bread and stuffing it in his mouth. “She told us the Gnomes were in…Lantern something.”
“Lathtarl’s Lantern?” Westin says with a frown. “That’s another hundred miles at least south of here.”
“So, she told us that to lead us away from the Gnomes didn’t she?” Dreys asks, putting the pieces together. “Where be the Snaggletooth family now?”
Reese looks at Ginger who finishes chewing a piece of cheese and then after taking a deep breath, she says, “They were sold to a slaver from Skullport. A yuan-ti slaver named Zstulkk Ssarmn.”
Westin whistles in surprise. “He’s bad news, that one. Someone you don’t want to cross.”
“Why would he want the Gnomes?” Dreys asks, confused by all this.
“We think he bought them to trade them for something else.” Ginger says.
“Trade them to who? And for what?” Mirko asks.
“We think he wants to trade them to the Drow, but for what…we don’t know.” Reese says, matter-of-factly. “Ssarmn works on his own agenda and only his closest associates know his plans.”
“So this dead guy?” Mirko begins, downing his second beer. “Who was he? One of Ssarmn’s men?”
“No, he was a member of The Xanathar’s Guild.” Ginger says, lowering her voice even farther. When she sees the frowns on the faces of the companions, she quickly explains. “The Xanathar is an elder eye tyrant who runs a group of highly-trained assassins and thieves throughout the city and below in Skullport. He deals mostly in thieving and slavery, but he also has other businesses in extortion, bookkeeping, assassination – you name it and The Xanathar is involved in it. I can’t imagine he doesn’t know about the Gnomes.”
“What’s so damned special about these Gnomes anyhow?” Dreys asks.
Reese puts down his beer, leans forward, resting his elbows on this knees, and looks at the floor. “What I’m about to tell you came at the cost of three members of my…squad. As you can imagine, I don’t take the loss of companions too well. So, this…news…is very confidential and we really don’t know what it means.”
“Ye have me word that it won’t go outside this room.” Dreys says, glaring hard at Bra’kan, whom he doesn’t really know that well. When he looks back at Mirko, the barbarian nods, confirming his thoughts.
Reese cracks his knuckles and says, “The Gnomes are clock makers. And in their shop, there is said to be hidden an item of great power; an item of Prophecy.”
Mirko’s throat goes dry and his heart begins to pound in his head. “D-do you know the name of this powerful item?”

“It’s known as The Hand of Time.” Reese whispers.
“And where be this thing?” Dreys asks.
“The Gnomes clock making shop is in Neverwinter.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
Edit: Evening fellers - thanks Bel for keeping us posted!
Talk to me.
-g-

Last edited by hedgeknight; 10th of October, 2007 at 08:57.
Unread 11th of October, 2007, 00:33
Noocytx
Spectre

Member: #1727
Not holding himself connected to the family of gnomes, or holding himself connected to a prophecy of sorts, Bra'kan eyes open at the sound of a great magic item. Finding out the item to be a clock, he sits back lazily in his chair.

Not wanting to embarrass those around him, or at least not yet, Bra'kan holds his thoughts in. The hand of time. Wow, a clock. Such power, yea, right. Has a clock ever been beaten over somebody's head without breaking. No. Has a clock ever been able to take more than one hit, no. Why would anybody wish to instill a clock with great power. This world needs to worry less about what may come and more about what is here.
Unread 11th of October, 2007, 10:11
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

Dreys takes in what has been said, he asks for a minute with his companions. He walks them away from the group and begins to whisper..............."me thinks we need Mr. Snaggletooth. we don't know what the hands of time look like, they all be just clocks to me, don't won't to grab the wrong thing only to find out all it does is tell us what time it be. what ye think fellars?"

Unread 12th of October, 2007, 11:05
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

tha fuck with the trinkets
it’s the people we care bout, this trinket is just a distraction and it’ll be only valuable to us if we need it to trade with this “Yuan”, I’d rather trade’im the business end of this here knife and we’ll cross’im alright, cross his fucking neck with it

so if we get to this Zutuck before he trades the gnomes with the drow, we’re good
cut’is throught, get the gnomes, dnwere back’in here finishing our drinks

how about squints family?
you anything about captn squint?
Unread 12th of October, 2007, 18:34
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

any idea how we can get close to the Yuan?
maybe we can itice’m to thinking were selling something he wants? or buying something he has?
or tha fuck you know where his lair is?
Unread 14th of October, 2007, 22:33
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Member: #1690
Quick Post 11

South Group – Quick Post 11: Making Plans

Not holding himself connected to the family of gnomes, or holding himself connected to a prophecy of sorts, Bra'kan’s eyes open at the sound of a great magic item. Finding out the item to be a clock, he sits back lazily in his chair. He gets a few odd looks from Ginger and Reese, but they make no comments.
Not wanting to embarrass those around him, or at least not yet, Bra'kan holds his thoughts in. The hand of time. Wow, a clock. Such power, yea, right. Has a clock ever been beaten over somebody's head without breaking? No. Has a clock ever been able to take more than one hit? No. Why would anybody wish to instill a clock with great power? This world needs to worry less about what may come and more about what is here.

Dreys takes in what has been said, and then asks for a minute with his companions. He walks them away from the group and begins to whisper, “Me thinks we need Mr. Snaggletooth. We don't know what the Hand of Time looks like; they all be just clocks to me. Don't won't to grab the wrong thing only to find out all it does is tell us what time it be. What ye think fellers?"
“The fuck with the trinkets,” Mirko growls. “It's the people we care ‘bout; this trinket is just a distraction and it'll be only valuable to us if we need it to trade with this "Yuan". I'd rather trade 'im the business end of this here knife! And we'll cross 'im alright, cross his fucking neck with it.”

Bra’kan chuckles and pats his huge axe meaningfully, showing his pointed teeth. “Wonder if lizards skin out like wolves?”
Mirko smiles and continues. “So if we get to this Zutuck before he trades the Gnomes with the Drow, we're good; cut ‘is throat, get the Gnomes and we’re back in here finishing our drinks.”
“Sounds simple enough to me,” Bra’kan says, yawning and stretching. He catches Ginger eyeing him and licks his lips. She scowls and turns away.

Mirko turns back to the others and asks, “How about Squint’s family?”
Reese, Ginger, and Westin give him blank looks. Mirko leans on a large barrel of dried fish and tries again. “You know anything about Cap’n Squint? Used to be the captain of the Orca?”
“Never heard of him,” Westin says. “There’s dozens of ship captains that dock here from time to time. Know a few names, but this Squint is not one of them.”
Mirko tries a different angle.
“Any idea how we can get close to the Yuan? Maybe we can entice 'im into thinking we’re selling something he wants? Or buying something he has?”
“He won’t deal with you directly,” Ginger says, nibbling on a piece of cheese. “He would use one of his many contacts…like the man I shot. The only way you might meet him directly would be to go to his hideout.”
“You know where the fuck his lair is?” Mirko asks, his hands wide with expectation.
“Yeah, it’s in Skullport.”
“Then we’re going to Skullport,” Dreys says. “It’s where the children and their parents were sent and I promised Dumathoin I would try me best to rescue them. And I damn well ain’t gonna break me promise!”
“So how we getting in?” Bra’kan asks, drinking a third mug of beer.
“There’s several ways,” Reese begins, “and some are easier than others. We,” he nods at Ginger, “know of at least three entrances that can be found right here in town.”
Westin sits up straighter at this revelation but Reese ignores him.
“I’m not going to tell you about them in front of the captain, but once you are ready to go, Ginger and I can take you in…or at least to the entrance.”
“All you need to do is tell us when you are ready to go.” Ginger says. “You need a reason to get into Skullport and we can provide you with one. Are you sure this is what you want to do?”
Give the word fellers and I'll gladly send ye off to yer deaths! Er...I mean, I'll gladly get the ball rolling into Skullport.
-g-

Unread 15th of October, 2007, 10:20
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

as long as we’re sight seeing,
Mirko gulps down his beer mug then wipes the foam from his mouth
lets fucking rumble

as he gathers his gears he asks
what do you know of the Yuans lair? layout? how many men?

if the rest want to wait a bit he’ll refill his mug and drink it in waiting
Unread 15th of October, 2007, 11:37
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

Dreys gets ready to speak up but Mirko beats him to the punch.

He will also add, "tell us what ye can about the place then please show us where we need to go."

Unread 15th of October, 2007, 12:10
Noocytx
Spectre

"How many men ... how many dead men?" Bra'kan adds his own little touch to Mirko's question.

Not having much more to say, Bra'kan just slams his axe into the ground, just for having been in one place too long without much action on his own part. If anyone should stare, he just smiles back as if nothing just happened.
Unread 16th of October, 2007, 03:03
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

South Group – Quick Post 12: The Lowdown on Skullport

“As long as we’re sight seeing,” Mirko gulps down his beer then wipes the foam from his mouth, “let’s fucking rumble.”
As he gathers his gears he asks, “What do you know of the Yuan’s lair? Layout? How many men?”
"How many men ... how many dead men?" Bra'kan adds his own little touch to Mirko's question. Not having much more to say, Bra'kan just slams his axe into the ground, just for having been in one place too long without much action on his own part.
Reese flinches and turns on him with a glare. Bra’kan just smiles as if nothing unusual happened.
“Aye, tell us what ye can about the place then please show us where we need to go.” Dreys says, draining the rest of his beer.

Ginger sighs and begins to talk about Skullport and it’s citizens. Once she starts talking, she doesn’t stop and it takes about an hour for her to tell you what you need to know. Basically, here’s the gist of what she says:
  • Skullport is ruled by The Skulls – thirteen magical, flaming skulls that keep order and enforce their brand of law. The Skulls used to be Netherese wizards before the fall of that empire when a magical backlash from one of their own obliterated their flesh and turned them into The Skulls. Their word is law and to cross them or to cause a Disturbance can mean your death.
  • Even though Skullport is a place of primarily evil inhabitants, Skulkers, as the locals are named, exist together and are somewhat tolerant of one another. There are rival gangs among those in power and there are skirmishes between them; as long as these mini-wars do not affect the trade and daily life of Skullport, the Skulls don’t get involved.
  • The entire city is built in a giant cavern and has four sections – Skull Island where all the slaves are brought and kept and sold; The Port contains warehouses and lower-class residents and is two levels; The Trade Lanes where most of the businesses are located with three levels of activity; and The Heart which rises higher than any other and contains three levels of businesses and residences, mostly high-class.
  • Almost every Skulker is affiliated or loyal to a Power Group and there are several groups in town. Ginger drops some names > Agents of the Eye, the Arcane Brotherhood out of Luskan, the Church of Cyric, The Dark Dagger, The Iron Ring, The Keepers, the Kraken Society, and the Lords of Waterdeep. She also says there are several groups and gangs that are led by illithids, duergar, drow, and worse.
  • The Iron Ring is by far the most powerful group and one of its co-founders is Zstulkk Ssarmn, the yuan-ti slaver who allegedly bought the Gaggletooth family. Ssarmn and the Agents of the Eye, ruled by the elder orb beholder known as The Xanathar, are always on edge with one another. It is feared that there will be open war in the streets before long.
  • Ginger talks about how to conduct yourselves once in town – don’t draw steel and cause a disturbance; respect/tolerate other’s differences; don’t draw attention to yourselves; don’t disrespect the Skulls – she gives you a lot of “don’ts” and very few “do’s.”
  • As for getting in, this is the plan (at this point, Ginger asks Westin to leave the room so it is just she and Reese talking to you): there are three ways in by foot and the best way for them to get you in without a lot of questions being asked is to have you pose as wealthy merchants making a “delivery” to a contact they have on the inside. There is a direct route hidden in one of the wine cellars of the Yawning Portal Inn – it is called Bonewatch Pass. From there, you will walk all the way into the Worm’s Gullet – a very upscale eatery and casino. Your contact will be there waiting for you.
“So…are you ready to this?” Reese asks, when Ginger finishes and reaches for a beer to soothe her dry throat. “This ain’t some outing in the country you boys are taking! You are descending into the bowels of hell and you’ll be damned lucky to come out alive. In fact, I’m gonna place a few bets that we don’t ever see you again.”
Reese looks at each of you and awaits an answer.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>

Last edited by hedgeknight; 16th of October, 2007 at 11:10.
Unread 16th of October, 2007, 08:10
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

Dreys listens intently to what Ginger has said and when she finishes he hears what Reese says. "ye be taken bets? then ye be losin' yur money, we will arise out of the bowls of evil. we done if before, we do it again. He slams back one more mug of beer and stands, when we leave? do we need to dress differently?.....................looking at Mirko, let's go."

Unread 16th of October, 2007, 08:34
Noocytx
Spectre

"I've been on my death bed long enough. If I was spose to die, I would have." Standing proud, Bra'kan boasts "The wolf slayer has seen death and laughed, he shall not die at the hand of a skull."

----------------
(in regards to wealthy merchant plan and dress)
"So, I'm supposed to put on some fancy jewelry and pretend to be a pompous ass?"
Unread 16th of October, 2007, 16:08
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

looks like this yuan is a gleaming pillar of the community….(he says with a sarcastic smile)

for a damned vipers den skull port seems running tight,

Mirko eyes the new found “associates”; they seem honest but there’s some details that don’t quite fit right and its hard for him to be trust unsure of how to go about it, he bluntly voices his concerns

you leave a corpse to rot in an alley and the city guards slaps you on the back,

who tha fuck are you? I know this shit you’re laying out for us ain’t come easy

look, we’re freeing them gnomes and no skulls or flying fuck is going to stop us, we’ll do what we have to and just scrape the shit of our boots when’ ere done

if someone steps in our way their gonna en up face down in a ditch
if it turns out someone else wanted that ditch filled up and we did them a favor, as long as we get the gnomes I don’t give a fuck

so the dead guy (he nods towards the alley outside) was trying to enlists us so we strike at the eyes enemies, alright whatever,
and you? why are you helping us?
why are you putting your people in danger for us?

as long as we’re straight there won’t be any bad blood here

Mirko is ready to go to skull port but is somewhat suspicious of the circumstances, he knows the information received is very valuable
regardless of the answers he’ll go, he knows they don’t have much else to go on

he’ll also ask about the contacts inside and their afiliations
if they are honest with him he'll say he'd prefer not to put their contacts at risk
Unread 18th of October, 2007, 16:18
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Originally Posted by Noocytx # "I've been on my death bed long enough. If I was spose to die, I would have." Standing proud, Bra'kan boasts "The wolf slayer has seen death and laughed, he shall not die at the hand of a skull."
glad to his friend is once again beside him he slaps Brakan on the sholder

Hell wouldn’t have ya!
Unread 19th of October, 2007, 04:19
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

South Group – Quick Post 13: A Bottle of Wine

"Ye be taken bets?” Dreys asks, scowling at Reese and Ginger. “Then ye be losin' yer money! We will arise out of the bowls of evil. We done it before, we’ll do it again.”
"I've been on my death bed long enough. If I was s’pose to die, I would have." Standing proud, Bra'kan boasts. "The wolf slayer has seen death and laughed, he shall not die at the hand of a skull."
“Looks like this yuan is a gleaming pillar of the community.” Mirko says with a sarcastic smile. “For a damned vipers den, Skullport seems to be running tight.”
The smile disappears as Mirko eyes his new found associates. They seem honest but there’s some details that don’t quite fit right.
“You leave a corpse to rot in an alley and the city guard slaps you on the back. Who the fuck are you? I know this shit you’re laying out for us don’t come easy.”
“It doesn’t matter who we are,” Reese says, standing up to face the scowling barbarian. “All you need to know is that we are working for the greater good of Waterdeep and trying to save lives!”
Mirko’s not having any of that. “So the dead guy (he nods towards the alley outside) was trying to enlist us so we strike at the Eye’s enemies. Alright whatever, and you? Why are you helping us? Why are you putting your people in danger for us?”
Reese is about to reply, but Ginger steps up and says, “Our loyalties are to the citizens of Waterdeep and if we can foil plans going on in Skullport that directly affect life up here, then all the better. The members of our…association know the risk and are willing to give their lives for their fellow citizens. And we are not sending you in alone. You will have a contact you are to meet in Skullport and I will be going with you. My face is known in the Port of Shadows and so I won’t stand out. But you have to do exactly as I say or you are dead men.”
“Who is your contact there?” Mirko asks, crossing his arms, getting tired of this banter.
“Her codename is Sparkle and her affiliation is…complicated.”
“Meaning?” Bra’kan asks, picking cheese out of his teeth.
“Meaning, you might be surprised when you see her. If she is discovered helping us, we could all end up dead.”
“Well, if it’s all the same to you I’d rather not put this Sparkle woman, whoever the hell she is, at risk.” Mirko says.
“She knows the risk and so do her companions. The Skulls tolerate them and have not intervened in any skirmishes they’ve had in the past, even with other houses of the Underdark.”
“Look, we’re freeing them gnomes and no skulls or flying fuck is going to stop us!” Mirko growls. “We’ll do what we have to and just scrape the shit off our boots when we’re done. If someone steps in our way they’re gonna end up face down in a ditch. If it turns out someone else wanted that ditch filled up, then we did them a favor. As long as we get the gnomes I don’t give a fuck.”
“All of us want to rescue the Gnomes,” Ginger says. “That is top priority.”
“Well, as long as we are straight with one another, there won’t be any bad blood here.”

Dreys tosses back the rest of his beer and slams the empty mug down on the barrelhead. “When do we leave? Do we need to dress differently?”
Bra’kan chuckles and Ginger gives them both a once over look. “We have clothes to fit each of you and a bath wouldn’t hurt either, especially for the big one.”
Bra’kan grins and then sniffs his underarms and sighs. “Women love the smell of a real man, little lady.”
Ginger returns the smile. “And flies like the smell of shit too, so you should fit right in on the streets of Skullport.”
Mirko snorts a chuckle and Dreys smirks too as Ginger says, “Follow me and we’ll get you some clothes.”
Bra’kan stands there for a few seconds, chewing on Ginger’s last comment, and then just shakes his head and follows.
“She’s got some sass about her, eh?” Mirko says to his barbarian companion.
“Sass and a nice ass,” Bra’kan says, watching Ginger walk away.
Dreys chuckles again and shakes his head as they follow Reese and Ginger down street after street before heading down a long alley that ends in a nice little cul-de-sac with tiny shops all scrunched up together.
Ginger heads straight for a shop with a red door and walks on inside. A woman in an apron sits at a sewing machine, slowly pumping the foot peddle as she stitches on a blue-beaded gown. She smiles as Ginger walks up and says, “What can I do you for today, Little Red?”
Ginger hugs the woman and says, “Need some clothes for my friends, Old Mother. We are going on a trip together. I’m sure you have something to fit them, yes?”
The woman nods and looks at Bra’kan, Mirko, and then at Dreys. She screws up her face and then says, “Oh, I think we can manage.”

A couple of hours later, the five of you exit the tiny shop…out the back door…and head down an even tighter alleyway. Each of you are dressed in clothing that appears to be richer, well-made and speaks of some wealth. Most of the clothing is dark velvets and smooth to the touch. Dreys wears a deep crimson cloak and black clothing, while Bra’kan is dressed in a dark grays with an indigo shirt; Mirko wears a cloak of dark forest green and dark gray clothes. All of their boots are polished to shine and each have gauntlets to match. Ginger is dressed in tight black leather pants and vest that does little to hide her features. Her hair is pulled back and braided and she carries a small handbag on her arm; of her weapons there is no sign.

You travel the streets and by-ways of the City of Splendors for about an hour, making your way along, pushing through crowds, ignoring street venders hawking their wares, all the while heading into a more distinguished region of the city. The streets go from mud to cobblestone and the patrons thin out a bit as the establishment become a little more upscale. When you turn onto Rainrun Street, you see The Empty Keg tavern and next door is Mother Salinka’s House of Pleasure.

“Now THIS is more like it!” Bra’kan says, grinning like a cat in a henhouse.
But Ginger only smiles and heads for a stone inn beside the fest hall with a sign that reads “The Yawning Portal.”
Bra’kan frowns and takes one last look at the fest hall (and the girls calling to him from the balcony windows) and follows his companions inside. The Yawning Portal is rather dingy looking, but clean and comfortable and there are several patrons inside just lounging and nursing drinks or playing cards. An odd looking well of some sort takes up much of the common room with a block-and-tackle hoist system for raising and lowering hovering over the well.
Ginger bypasses it as if it isn’t even there and heads straight for the bar where a man in an apron is wiping out a mug. The man looks up as Ginger and her entourage approach, but says nothing.
“We’ve come to choose a vintage for his majesty Baron Portly.” Ginger says, without a blink or a smile.
The man behind the bar glances at her companions only slightly before nodding and turning away to walk behind the bar. Ginger walks around the bar and the rest of you follow her and the barkeep into a room beyond the common area.
“New fodder for the Port of Shadows, Ginger?” the man mutters as he unlocks a cellar door that leads down into darkness.
“Never you mind, Durnan. For all you know, Baron Portly needs his wine.”
The man called Durnan chuckles and descends the steps into the cellar that is lit by gas globes and begins walking deeper in. Thousands of wine bottles, crates, barrels, and such are stocked here and near the back of the cellar, Durnan stops near a stand of bottles covered in ages of dirt and cobwebs.
“Will this do, my lady?” Durnan asks, pulling a bottle from the rack. When he does this, the entire wine rack slowly slides to the left, and the wall behind it clicks open, swinging slightly inward.
Ginger takes a deep breath and sighs. “Yes, master Durnan, that shall do just perfectly.”
She steps through the door, pushing it inward, and the rest of you follow behind her. The door closes behind you and you can barely hear the wall sliding back into place.
“Guess there’s no turning back now, eh?” Bra’kan asks, looking nervously at the low ceiling and closed in space around him.
Ginger says nothing, but begins walking down the tunnel.
Unread 25th of October, 2007, 03:06
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Quick Post 14

South Group – Quick Post 14: Coming Up Around the Bend

The tunnel continues on and on, winding and turning, ever descending into the caverns below Waterdeep. The companions move along at a healthy pace, never stopping for long, drinking water and nibbling rations on the way. At times there are narrow passageways off the main tunnel – they lead into the unknown darkness and many of filled with cobwebs and debris not unlike bones and bits of clothing.
After a few hours of walking, Mirko’s keen senses pick up the smell of blood in the stifling corridor air. He grabs Ginger on the shoulder, stopping her descent, placing a finger to his lips for silence. He sniffs the air, inhaling the coppery tang of blood and the stink that reminds him of reptiles.
“I smell lizards…or maybe snakes!” he hisses, slipping the big bowie knife from his belt. Dreys nods, and unloads his new bladed crossbow, holding at waist level. Bra’kan snorts, hunched over in the tight tunnel, gritting his teeth for some action. Ginger eases a shortsword out of its scabbard and crouches behind Mirko.
A few feet farther on the sounds of something scraping against stone can be heard along with what sounds like wet slurping noises. A bend in the tunnel approaches, lit by the same eerie glow globes that have been sporadically placed all along the tunnel, and Ginger is able to slip up alongside Mirko as it widens. When they peer around the bend, they can’t believe the horror that greets them.
The floor of the tunnel is strewn with bodies – small, rusty brown, lizard-like bodies; nearly a dozen of them. Standing amongst the bodies are three creatures out of a nightmare. “Oh shit,” Ginger whispers, staring at the horrific Mind Flayer. One drops a lifeless Kobold, and you see a large hole in it where the brain has been sucked out. And once you look around at the other bodies, you realize they suffered the same fate. The scraping sound comes from a twitching Kobold that has been seized by one of the mind flayers – its purple slick tentacles are probing every hole in its head and the sucking sound is the feasting of the Mind Flayer.
As it finishes feeding, the third Mind Flayer, which is holding some strange dog-like creature on a leash, points to you and its sibilant voice registers in your minds.
“Who are you fleshlings and what is your business in the Port of Shadows?”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by hedgeknight; 25th of October, 2007 at 07:33.
Unread 25th of October, 2007, 03:19
Noocytx
Spectre

Never being one to talk, but knowing they must continue on with little confrontation Bra'kan remains quiet throughout the conversation. I hate this shit of having to be undercover. Never liked not being myself.

Bra'kan rests his axe beside him holding it in his right hand. His left hand is left calmly by his side, while his grip with his right hand continuously tightens and loosens, a visible sign of tension from the half-orc. Mind flayers. Like they deserve to live. Why did volunteer to help out and yet we can't get rid of these scumbags?
Unread 25th of October, 2007, 07:42
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

Dreys steps up and touches Mirko on his arm, he whispers, "be careful me friend, me don't think we need to start nothing right now." with that said Dreys keeps an eye on everyone especially the Mind Flayers.

Unread 25th of October, 2007, 12:05
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Mirko smiles, he’ll play it to the bone, they cant get in deeper shit so, here it goes

then looks to the mind flyers and his facial expression turning stern

are you on your fucking lunch break!

then turns to ginger

let me tell you little lady, if this is the attention guards pay to their appointed job around here, I’m not sure this be the place to invest our hard earned gold

he crosses his arms in defiance staring down the lead mindflyer and lets ginger take it from there
OOC: intimidate +9
Unread 26th of October, 2007, 04:49
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

South Group – Quick Post 15: The Price of Passage

Dreys steps up and touches Mirko on his arm and whispers, "Be careful me friend. Me don't think we need to start nothing right now." With that said Dreys keeps an eye on everyone especially the Mind Flayers.
Mirko smiles at Dreys, playing it to the bone. We can’t get in any deeper shit, so here goes. Gathering his thoughts, the barbarian looks to the Mind Flayers, his facial expression turning stern.
“Are you on your fucking lunch break?” he growls before looking down at Ginger.

“Let me tell you little lady, if this is the attention guards pay to their appointed job around here, I’m not sure this be the place to invest our hard earned gold.”
He crosses his arms in defiance, staring down the lead Mind Flayer and lets Ginger take it from there.

The three Mind Flayers hesitate at the barbarian’s tone and his stance. The three denizens of the Underdark silently communicate with each other for several seconds, their tentacles twitching, reaching out, feeling the air. The leader with the strange dog-like creature takes a step back and points at Ginger.
Have you brought something to gain passage through our sentry?
“I have,” she says in a sickly tone of disgust. She sheathes her sword and pulls off her backpack and begins to rummage through it.
Never being one to talk, but knowing they must continue on with little confrontation, Bra'kan remains quiet throughout the conversation.
I hate this shit of having to be undercover; never liked not being myself.
Bra'kan rests his axe beside him holding it in his right hand. His left hand is left calmly by his side, while his grip with his right hand continuously tightens and loosens, a visible sign of tension from the half-orc. Mind flayers. Like they deserve to live. Why did we volunteer to help out and yet we can't get rid of these scumbags?

His thoughts are interrupted by a hissing from the two Mind Flayers who have just finished feasting. What are you thinking, fleshling pig? The offspring of the Elder Brain are superior to all surface dwellers! It is we who deserve to live and feast on fools who venture into our realm!
Bra’kan realizes, too late, that the Mind Flayers heard his thoughts and Ginger looks up at him and gives him a slight shake of her head and then turns back to the backpack. But Mirko heard the insults too…so did Dreys.
“I don’t take insults lightly,” Mirko growls. “Especially from a bunch of squid faced fucks!”
The barbarian uncrosses his arms and sniffs the air, waiting for an excuse to attack.
The dog-like creature snarls and jerks at its chain, but its handler keeps it in check. Mirko glances down at the “dog” and faintly hears the click of Dreys’ crossbow as he preps it to fire.
Ginger’s head jerks up and as she stands up, she is holding a glass jar. In the jar is a perfectly preserved human brain in a pinkish fluid. She glares at the Mind Flayers and says, “Perhaps I should drop this “payment” and allow my associates to teach you some manners, eh?”
The Mind Flayers eye the brain hungrily and then the leader says in broken Common. “We not…come to war…with you. Leave…brain…and be on your way.”
Ginger nods and set the jar with the brain on the floor beside a dead Kobold. She grabs her backpack, jerks her head at her companions, and heads on down the tunnel, stepping over the dead Kobolds as she goes. Mirko immediately follows her, then Dreys, and finally Bra’kan.
As the barbarian passes the Mind Flayer leader, the “dog” snaps at him, the tentacles near its face almost touching him. Bra’kan grunts and kicks the creature in the side hard enough to crack its ribs!
“Keep that fucker away from me or he’ll end up like them Kobolds.” Bra’kan says, walking away slowly, watching his back. The Mind Flayer pays him little heed as its two companions descend on the brain in the jar. Scrabbling sounds can be heard in the tunnel behind as the companions continue on ahead.
Thirty yards farther on, the tunnel that is Bonewatch Pass turns back to the right and abruptly ends in a plan round door. Ginger hesitates only a second before walking up to the door and opening it. The door opens out into midair, but allows in reddish light and the murmuring of voices and plates and the smells of hot food. Your bellies rumble and then Ginger steps through the door, turns around and backs down a ladder on the other side. You follow and find yourselves in some weird type of room that extends several feet to the right and left. The walls are a pale color and there are tables and chairs loaded with patrons all along the floor.
“Welcome to the Worm’s Gullet!” says a boisterous voice that belongs to a well-dressed Bugbear who stands as tall as Mirko and wears a shiny black leather suit. His reddish fur is neatly combed and his teeth are almost white. He carries a bottle of wine under one arm and a ledger of some kind in one hand.
“Do you have a reservation?” he asks, smiling at Ginger, ignoring the others.
Ginger nods and smiles, “Yes, we do. A business associate is supposed to have reserved a table for us.”
“Ah, I see,” he says, opening the ledger. “And the name would be?”
“Arabellan Red,” Ginger whispers, looking into the Bugbear’s face.
The Bugbear blinks and then replies, “A fine vintage indeed. Right this way.”
He leads you to a table near the “head” of the Worm’s Gullet where a veiled woman awaits. When she sees you, she stands and waits until the host leaves, then says, “Did you…bring the Arabellan Red?”
Ginger smiles and says, “Yes, we did and a fine vintage it is.” Then she abruptly hugs the other woman and sits down beside her. Once the rest of you are seated, the woman removes her veil and you almost gasp in shock when you see her face.
“My name is Sparkle and I bless the Lady for your safe arrival. What would you like to eat?”

Last edited by hedgeknight; 26th of October, 2007 at 07:20.
Closed Thread