Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 18th of January, 2008, 15:50
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Shutting his gaping mouth and tearing his gaze away from the monster the guy called 'Misker' Almego offers a short bow and a smile to Vasili Pompodoro and says, "Well met Mr. Pompodoro, or Vasili if you prefer; I am Almego Olvander, a humble traveler and as your companion pointed out," What type of monster IS that? "a user of the arcane arts. I may have cause to offer trade with you Mr. Pompodoro indeed." How much can we trust this man though? Looking at Alison to get a sense of the guy and their relation he continues, "We first and foremost need healing for m'lady here and a place to rest our weary," and dark, oh so very dark, "souls for a bit. There is also another service you may be able to help us with Alison was telling me..." He looks at Alison expectantly at this point, content to let her do the negotiating about getting us out of the city. This could prove spendy, I hope these clocks and such will fence for a decent amount and still leave enough left over for provisions. While Alison talks Almego extends his senses to those around him, prompting the Shadow within to guide him, to feel about and see if anyone of them contains a presence like that which Almego and Alison have, and what SinBlade had, inside them. Show me what to look for. I don't wish to be caught off-guard again.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #77  
Unread 19th of January, 2008, 00:49
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 30

North Group – Quick Post 30: Trade?

Shutting his gaping mouth and tearing his gaze away from the monster the guy called 'Misker' Almego offers a short bow and a smile to Vasili Pompodoro and says, "Well met Mr. Pompodoro, or Vasili if you prefer; I am Almego Olvander, a humble traveler and as your companion pointed out," What type of monster IS that? "a user of the arcane arts. I may have cause to offer trade with you Mr. Pompodoro indeed." How much can we trust this man though?
Vasili bursts out in laughter and so does Misker the beholder; even Mr. Buie is chuckling as he cuts a slice out of an apple and slips it into his mouth.
Almego reddens and glances at Alison. She just rolls her eyes and says, “Vasili doesn’t like to trade anything. If he’s helping us out, then, he’s gonna demand we pay him. Ain’t that right, Vasili?”
“Oh, yes,” Vasili says, chuckling and wiping his teary eyes with a handkerchief. “Ali speaks the truth, Mr. Olvander. You have come to Vasili for help, yes? Then let us start with you telling me what you wish me to help you with.”
Looking at Alison, Almego continues, "We first and foremost need healing for m'lady here and a place to rest our weary," and dark, oh so very dark, "souls for a bit. There is also another service you may be able to help us with Alison was telling me..."
“We need to get out of the city, Vasili – as soon as you can arrange it.”
Vasili steeples his fingers and rests his chin on them, his coiled goatee dangling down his hand. This could prove spendy - I hope these clocks and such will fence for a decent amount and still leave enough left over for provisions.
While Alison talks Almego extends his senses to those around him, prompting the Shadow within to guide him, to feel about and see if anyone of them contains a presence like that which Almego and Alison have, and what SinBlade had, inside them. Show me what to look for. I don't wish to be caught off-guard again.
As Almego searches for the presence of any shadow-touched in the room, he doesn’t notice how close Misker is hovering near him. It is the shadow within that warns him.
Beware!
Almego flinches and turns to find Misker no more than a foot from his head! The young sorcerer jerks backward and immediately feels the trident on his back thrum with warning too.
“The boy is loaded with magic!” Misker says in a greedy-sounding drawl. “Maybe he outta show us what he got.”
“Maybe Ali ought to show us what she got,” Mr. Buie grins, walking toward Alison. He places another bite of apple in his mouth and leans close to her and says, “Been awhile since I seen the goods.”
Her reaction is almost too swift for Almego to follow. She snatches the knife from Buie’s hand and slashes him across the cheek with it, cutting almost to the bone!
He screams, drops his half-eaten apple, and staggers back, trying to drag his sword out of his belt. Alison ignores him and jabs the knife in the top of Vasili’s desk.
“I’m gonna slice you up and feed you to Misker, you bitch!” Buie growls, taking a step toward her.
Vasili sighs, watching Mr. Buie’s blood run down the knife and onto his nice walnut desk. “Misker?” is all he says.
Suddenly a beam of power erupts from one of the beholder’s eyestalks and strikes Mr. Buie in the chest. The beam lifts him six feet off the ground and holds him against the wall! He kicks and thrashes and curses a blue streak, but Vasili, and Alison ignore him.
Vasili stands up and puts his hands behind his back, sighing deeply again.
“I can get a room for you and some food – just for old time’s sake. But if you wish me to get you out of the city, it will cost you and cost you plenty. The city is on alert – there have been two murders and another attempt just today. All the gates have been doubled guarded and the docks are crawling with guards. There is another way…or two…out of the city, but like I said, it will cost you.”
He glances over at Mr. Buie who has stopped struggling and is glaring first at Misker and then at Alison; at least he has shut up.
“What do you have to offer for your transport, my dear Ali and Mr. Olvander?”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



Talk to me, brother. And by the way, where does Almego keep the Hand of Time?
-g-
__________________

  #78  
Unread 19th of January, 2008, 18:24
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Smiling at Alison for her impressive performance and shooting a pitiful eye at the poor guy pinned to the wall Almego thinks to himself, This gal can sure take care of herself alright. I just hope this Mr. Buie doesn't cause us anymore trouble... I have a bad feeling about him. Not to mention this Misker thing. Almego turns his focus back to the man in charge and thinks for a moment, The clocks? No... don't want to leave a trail. Hell, anything I choose will leave a trail. He shakes his head as if arguing with himself and slightly shrugs his shoulders. Finally he looks back up to Vasili and says, "Honestly Mr. Pompodoro we haven't had a chance to fully examine our..." he casts Alison a quick amused smirk, "take of the loot. I'm more than obliged to pay you a fair exchange for your help, I just have to take an... inventory. Could we make use of your hospitable offer of the room first, then discuss payment later this evening?" Almego keeps his eye upon both Mr. Buie and Misker, not quite sure which one the trident is warning him of. This monster greeds for my magic. I'll have to remember this, could be used to my advantage. "I will assure you this, I will be making payment in items of magical power." Smiling at the monster floating a few feet from his head, Almego having slowly stepped away after the monster blasted Mr. Buie with energy from his eye, he adds, "Your friend is right. I do have a surplus of equipment, surely I can share with those that help me with what I need." Then he turns to Vasili and gives him one of those winning smiles that usually work so well for him. Just don't get greedy...
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #79  
Unread 20th of January, 2008, 00:35
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Vasili returns the smile and quickly stands up. "Agreed, Mister Olvander. After all, what kind of host would I be if I were not amenable to my guests, eh? Anton, take Ali and Mr. Olvander to one of our guest rooms, will you?"
Almego turns slightly and sees the same fellow who greeted them at the door standing directly behind him, pistol drawn and aimed at him.
How did the fucker get so close without me sensing him?

Anton nods and leads Alison and Almego to a set of stairs leading up to a second storage level. There are four more guards upstairs, but they basically ignore the trio as Anton leads them to an enclosed room with a locked door. He produces a key, unlocks the door, and then gives the key to Alison. With a silent look at Almego, he turns and leaves.
Alison quickly shuts the door and locks it...only to have to open it again a couple of minutes later when Anton returns with a tray of food and drink.
Once finally alone, Almego unloads his backpack and stuff on a table and slumps wearily on the bed.
Alison crawls up beside him with the plate of food and drink and says, "We have a night of rest and not much more. Something is wrong with Vasili - I know him well enough that I can tell."
"And how well exactly do you know him?" Almego asks, unable to mask the jealousy out of his voice.
Alison surprises him with a giggle and whispers, "Not THAT well - let's just say that Vasili Pompodoro has...odd tastes for pleasure. He pays well and treats me and the other girls very nice."
She snuggles up beside Almego, pours him a glass of sweet wine, and clinks his glass with hers. "Here's to wild living and wilder loving!"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actions?
-g-
__________________

  #80  
Unread 20th of January, 2008, 19:08
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
"To living on the wild side!" Almego clinks his glass to hers and raises it in a toast, "Without risk, life is empty!" And we've definitely had our share of risk today. Gulping down the whole glass of sweet wine the young sorcerer closes his eyes and savors the flavor for a few moments, his mind taking him back to a tavern in Waterdeep he once visited. The ale was crude and the women were cruder... but it sure was fun! He sets his glass down and turns to Alison with a fiery passion in his eyes. His hand glides softly up her thigh to one of her soft breasts as the hunger in his pants grows. If she's willing, he'll give in to that hunger for awhile.

After a few minutes of catching his breath and eating a small portion of the food brought to them he gets up and approaches the table with his captured possessions splayed out across the table. Captured by way of blood-shed, is there ever any other way? Is violence the only key? The answer to everything? Pushing these soul-weighing thoughts aside he bends the power around him to his will and casts a spell of dweomer-sight, using it to examine the items and their different schools of auras - starting with the Hand of Time.

"What power!" And it's all at my control... we might as well get out of here since we can now. I'd rather not find out what is wrong with Vasili. He turns to Alison after uncovering the other powers of the Hand of Time and says, "Get dressed and ready to go. We need to get out of here and now I have a way to do so." Once Alison is ready and he has all his possessions packed up into the Handy Haversack he pulls turns the hand of the clock to 6:30 and speaks the command word for the Hand of Time, "Dem es berste tyme peru muse." He sends the Whispering Wind to the room he met with Vasili in with the message, "Thank you for your hospitality, but we must leave now. I have left a small trinket of magic to make up for the inconvenience. Almego." Immediately following this he turns the hands to 11:30 and says the arcane command word again, "Dem es berste tyme peru muse." Invoking the powerful Teleport power of the Hand of Time he pictures Conyberry and grabs Alison's hand, hoping against hope that things are still calm at home.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 21st of January, 2008 at 12:38.
  #81  
Unread 21st of January, 2008, 23:55
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 31

North Group - Post 31: Some R& R

Vasili returns the smile and quickly stands up. "Agreed, Mister Olvander. After all, what kind of host would I be if I were not amenable to my guests, eh? Anton, take Ali and Mr. Olvander to one of our guest rooms, will you?"
Almego turns slightly and sees the same fellow who greeted them at the door standing directly behind him, pistol drawn and aimed at him.
How did the fucker get so close without me sensing him?

Anton nods and leads Alison and Almego to a set of stairs leading up to a second storage level. There are four more guards upstairs, but they basically ignore the trio as Anton leads them to an enclosed room with a locked door. He produces a key, unlocks the door, and then gives the key to Alison. With a silent look at Almego, he turns and leaves.
Alison quickly shuts the door and locks it...only to have to open it again a couple of minutes later when Anton returns with a tray of food and drink.
Once finally alone, Almego unloads his backpack and stuff on a table and slumps wearily on the bed.
Alison crawls up beside him with the plate of food and drink and says, "We have a night of rest and not much more. Something is wrong with Vasili - I know him well enough that I can tell."
"And how well exactly do you know him?" Almego asks, unable to mask the jealousy out of his voice.
Alison surprises him with a giggle and whispers, "Not THAT well - let's just say that Vasili Pompodoro has...odd tastes for pleasure. He pays well and treats me and the other girls very nice."
She snuggles up beside Almego, pours him a glass of sweet wine, and clinks his glass with hers. "Here's to wild living and wilder loving!"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


"To living on the wild side!" Almego clinks his glass to hers and raises it in a toast, "Without risk, life is empty!" And we've definitely had our share of risk today. Gulping down the whole glass of sweet wine the young sorcerer closes his eyes and savors the flavor for a few moments, his mind taking him back to a tavern in Waterdeep he once visited. The ale was crude and the women were cruder... but it sure was fun! He sets his glass down and turns to Alison with a fiery passion in his eyes. His hand glides softly up her thigh to one of her soft breasts as the hunger in his pants grows.
“Got something on your mind, lover?” she purrs, melting into his arms……

The wine and their lovemaking, coupled with the stress of the day take their toll on the pair and it is nearing dawn when Almego opens his eyes. Alison is still sound asleep on her stomach, her bare back revealing the numerous scars from a former life. Almego lightly kisses her on the shoulder and then finds a chamber pot to rid himself of his share of the sweet wine.

He dresses quickly, shuddering in the cold warehouse room, and then eats a small portion of the food brought to them the night before. As he chews, he looks at the table with his captured possessions splayed out across its rough wooden surface. Captured by way of blood-shed, is there ever any other way? Is violence the only key? The answer to everything? Pushing these soul-weighing thoughts aside he bends the power around him to his will and casts a spell of dweomer-sight, using it to examine the items and their different schools of auras - starting with the Hand of Time.

An hour later, Alison awakes and rolls over to find Almego sitting on the edge of the bed with the tiny golden clock in his hand.
"What power!" And it's all at my control... we might as well get out of here since we can now. I'd rather not find out what is wrong with Vasili. He turns to Alison after uncovering the other powers of the Hand of Time and says, "Get dressed and ready to go. We need to get out of here and now I have a way to do so."
“Wh-what? Why do we need to leave?” She says sleepily, rubbing her eyes.
“Trust me,” Almego says, recalling how she asked him to trust her yesterday. And seeing the serious look in his eyes. Alison nods and jumps out of bed and starts jerking on her clothes. Once Alison is ready and he has all his possessions packed up into the Handy Haversack he pulls turns the hand of the clock to 6:30 and speaks the command word for the Hand of Time, "Dem es berste tyme peru muse." He sends the Whispering Wind to the room he met with Vasili in with the message, "Thank you for your hospitality, but we must leave now. I have left a small trinket of magic to make up for the inconvenience. Almego."
Immediately following this Almego turns the hands to 11:30, invoking the powerful Teleport power of the Hand of Time. He pictures Conyberry and grabs Alison's hand, hoping against hope that things are still calm at home.
(OOC: Once you “turn on” the clock by speaking the phrase “Dem es...” it stays powered up so long as you keep using it; after 10 minutes of nonuse, it automatically shuts down.)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Almego and Alison gasp in shock as the room around them shifts and changes and the cool space of the Astral plane surrounds them. They move as if in slow motion as features and figures blur past them, quickly but somehow slowly at the same time. And then suddenly, they are standing outside a village near the edge of a great wood. Snow covers everything and streams of smoke rise from chimneys. It is early morning in the village of Conyberry and the only sounds come from crowing chickens.
But then, an arrow suddenly thuds into the ground about a foot in front of Almego and Alison and a voice calls out, “Who are ye and what’s yer business?”
Almego looks up and sees two men standing on top of a nearby house, both with longbows, both ready to fire again. A few yards away a third man watches near a chimney, a crossbow trained on them.
And to Alison’s surprise, Almego laughs. “Ah, there’s no place like home.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Morning brother! Decided to group a couple of posts together to make this a little easier reading for me. Don't reply here. I'm going to open two new threads today; may even ask for a sub-forum if I can figure out how to do that. You can always post to me via gmail if you need to. Also, once you get settled in Conyberry, I'll give out the other items powers and xp!
-g-
__________________

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren