Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 13th of October, 2007, 21:55
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Originally Posted by elmer_jok # If Lord Dumal or any of the others have quarters then Almego will wait quietly until someone takes him to his room.
Once you get back outside in the courtyard, you realize by the lights burning on the watch towers that this is a fortified monastery and not very grandiose. There are several low buildings butting up against the walls and a small church and stables nearby as well. Barsopp shows you to your rooms inside the church building and bids you a good night.

Originally Posted by elmer_jok # No blanket nor the warmest fire could warm the chill within me, isn't that right Shadow? No... not fitting enough. You gave a name of your own, so shall I to you. I will call you simply... Brother. Not so bad huh? We should really learn to get along to better serve our masters purpose... what do you say?

The trident gleams slightly as the shadow within stirs and responds, its mind-voice an oily whisper. I already serve our Master's purpose, mortal. I don't care one whit about you or your fleshly cravings. I already own you! The Master has promised you to me forever!
Very well. Resist me though and know that you resist our Dark Lords will. We'll see who's the meat. Until you can agree to work WITH me, I will not call you brother... I will call you Shit.
The shadow growls and fills your mind with ghastly visions of what could happen to your soul should you stand against the Dark Lord when he comes. You toss and turn in nightmarish sleep all night, barely keeping hold on your tongue, not wanting to cry out, not wanting to alert the innocents of Helm's Hold to your plight.
__________________

  #27  
Unread 15th of October, 2007, 13:18
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Raynal bids well to his fellow comrades, and to Almego before going back to his room.

Upon arriving at his room, Raynal cannot find rest. He paces back and forth, pushing his body towards the bed, but never able to fully make it over. The distance between the bed and himself seems to keep growing, as if the bed is miles away. Before he knows it, Raynal quickly leaves the room and sets off.

I have to know, I haven't seen them in years. That fight though, of going out, of leaving Helm's Hold. They always held me back, never wanted me to wander far. They never wanted me to train with Kal, and have been afraid of Barsopp. They've held distaste in everything that I have done. Yet I still find a sense of caring, a sense of protection for them. I cannot leave without seeing them, even if they don't see me. That fight though, "I hate you, I'm leaving." Five words that should never be said together. And I meant it, at the time. Yet here I am drawn back. More of a grown man, and one that should be able to deal with this. Yet, I cannot.

Raynal sets off in the direction of his childhood home, wondering what could happen when he arrives.
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #28  
Unread 16th of October, 2007, 04:02
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
North Group – Quick Post 9: Who Says You Can’t Go Home?

Raynal bids well to his fellow comrades and to Almego before going back to his room. Upon arriving at his room, Raynal cannot find rest. He paces back and forth, pushing his body towards the bed, but never able to fully make it over. The distance between the bed and himself seems to keep growing, as if the bed is miles away.
I have to know, I haven't seen them in years. That fight though, of going out, of leaving Helm's Hold. They always held me back, never wanted me to wander far. They never wanted me to train with Kal, and have been afraid of Barsopp. They've held distaste in everything that I have done. Yet I still find a sense of caring, a sense of protection for them. I cannot leave without seeing them, even if they don't see me.
Before he knows it, Raynal leaves the room and sets off, heading for the front gate as quickly as he can.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nallah stokes the fire in the small stove and checks the little iron pot sitting atop it. “Water’s almost hot enough,” she murmurs, turning back toward the man at the table who nods and sighs, running his calloused hands over his face and head. And then he glances out the window yet again, searching…hoping…
Rayce Moorwinter is tired. He spent most of the day stripping the bark from saplings to fashion bows and arrows for the Hold. Then he spent the remainder of daylight helping his neighbor skin and cut up a large deer; for his help he has a fresh haunch wrapped in cheese cloth, hanging in his work shed out back. Nallah rubs his shoulders and neck and kisses him on the head; her hands are rough too, but warm and soothing.
Then the teapot begins to sing and she turns back to the stove, leaving Rayce with his thoughts. I hate you! I’m leaving! He closes his eyes at his last memory of his son; the anger and stubbornness of youth; his own anger and stubborn will.
Nallah interrupts his thoughts by arriving with the steaming teapot and pouring the scalding water over the tea leaves in his cup. He doesn’t miss the fact that there are three cups on the table tonight.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Through the front gate, Raynal sets off in the direction of his childhood home, wondering what could happen when he arrives.
“I hate you! I’m leaving!” Five words that should never be said together. And I meant it, at the time. Yet here I am drawn back. More of a grown man, and one that should be able to deal with this. Yet, I cannot.
He walks the familiar lanes easily, traversing them in the dark; he knows them like he knows the back of his hand. And when he sees the candlelight on in the kitchen and the shadows moving back and forth in the light, his already racing heart begins to beat faster. Swallowing hard, Raynal approaches the little house near the side wall of the Hold. His father’s shop is in the back and he recalls many days of watching and helping his father craft arrows, of searching the woods for just the right sapling for a special project, or for just the right tree for Winter’s Day.

On the front door of the house is the symbol of Helm – The Watcher – an upraised gauntlet with an open eye in the palm. Helm give me strength…’cause I’m damn sure gonna need it!
He takes three deep breaths before knocking on the door; knocks he can barely hear for the pounding of his heart.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When the knock on the door comes, Nallah jerks so violently that she spills most of her tea on the table. She jumps up and straightens her apron as Rayce takes a towel and wipes up the spill. Her eyes seek his face and he nods and walks toward the stove.
Outside, Raynal is about to leave when the latch on the door lifts and it swings inward, spilling light out onto the stoop. And there stands his mother.
He doesn’t remember much of the next few minutes except being unable to breathe. Was that from the smothering hug that his mother gave him or from the tightness of his throat as he gurgled out words of apology and greeting? He’ll never know and it doesn’t really matter. He will remember the smell of his mother’s hair and the touch of her hands on his face, wiping his shameful tears away. And he’ll remember how his father kept his back to him and pretended to stoke the fire in the stove because he didn’t want his son to see him cry. How he pretended to be hard and stern but then finally crushed Raynal in a bear hug that cracked his back…and then stood back to admire how his son had grown into a young man.
He’ll remember having three cups of tea with honey and sweet cakes and how his sister Nerissa came bounding in the room wearing her nightgown and smelling of rose water from her bath. How they talked as a family until almost dawn – he telling of his adventures, them telling of the mundane life in and around the Hold - and how his mother cooked breakfast – fresh eggs and venison and hot biscuits with blackberry jam. And how they all cried again when it was time for him to leave.
But most of all, Raynal will remember the last five words he spoke to his family as they stood shivering on the stoop of his childhood home, watching him go.
“I love you…very much.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by hedgeknight; 16th of October, 2007 at 12:07.
  #29  
Unread 16th of October, 2007, 09:43
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
A sad day to depart, dreading coming back to place and yet here I am wanting to stay. Better to leave now, then let my eagerness to stay lasts any longer.

Heading off, Raynal sets out to find his cousin Almego. Upon finding him, he couldn't help but smile. Once again, I know what it means to have family. A cousin who I get to travel with, and my mother, father, and sister awaiting me at home. Then there were my friends that welcomed me back with open arms. This is it. This is what I am supposed to do. I am to protect them, make it so they can live here. This is my journey.

Reinforcing his thoughts, he whispers to himself, "This is my journey." Looking up at Almego, Raynal finally asks "Are you ready to go?"
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #30  
Unread 17th of October, 2007, 15:32
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego gives up on sleep in the early hours before dawn breaks it's ugly head over the High Forest to the east. For awhile he stares out his window and watches the shadows dance in the predawn light, reveling in the beauty of it... a beauty he was never fully aware of before. The shadow within him is quiet at first, but soon he begins to whisper to Almego, urging him to bring death to those of Helm's Hold. Not fully trusting himself he doesn't respond and instead squashes the voice down and puts his focus to something. Pulling out the flask of magical oil he got sometime back he thinks upon what type of use he could put it to. Timelessness, to freeze something in time so that it may not age further. He empties his pack and pours out small a few small doses to coat his backpack and his bedroll. It is when he's finishing up with the backpack that Raynal enters.

Heading off, Raynal sets out to find his cousin Almego. Upon finding him, he couldn't help but smile. Once again, I know what it means to have family. A cousin who I get to travel with, and my mother, father, and sister awaiting me at home. Then there were my friends that welcomed me back with open arms. This is it. This is what I am supposed to do. I am to protect them, make it so they can live here. This is my journey.

Reinforcing his thoughts, he whispers to himself, "This is my journey." Looking up at Almego, Raynal finally asks "Are you ready to go?"
Not hearing what Raynal mumbled to himself, and in his current dark mood not caring, he says to his question, "As soon as I finish this off we'll be out of here. Did you find what you were looking for here?" The warm embrace of your family perhaps? If everyone could be so lucky... He'll finish his pack, gather all his gear and head out when everyone is ready to depart. Almego's not very talkative this morning and anyone that's known him for very long will notice that he seems to carry a scowl upon his face wherever he goes now.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #31  
Unread 19th of October, 2007, 05:22
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
North Group – Quick Post 10: Ripe for the Picking

A sad day to depart, dreading coming back to the place and yet here I am wanting to stay. Better to leave now, than let my eagerness to stay last any longer.

Heading off, Raynal sets out to find his cousin Almego. Upon finding him, he can't help but smile. Once again, I know what it means to have family. A cousin who I get to travel with, and my mother, father, and sister awaiting me at home. Then there were my friends that welcomed me back with open arms. This is it. This is what I am supposed to do. I am to protect them, make it so they can live here. This is my journey.

Almego gives up on sleep in the early hours before dawn breaks its ugly head over the High Forest to the east. For awhile he stares out his window and watches the shadows dance in the predawn light, reveling in the beauty of it... a beauty he was never fully aware of before. The shadow within him is quiet at first, but soon he begins to whisper to Almego, urging him to bring death to those of Helm's Hold. Not fully trusting himself he doesn't respond and instead squashes the voice down and puts his focus to something.

Pulling out the flask of magical oil he got sometime back he thinks upon what type of use he could put it to. Timelessness, to freeze something in time so that it may not age further. He empties his pack and pours out a few small doses to coat his backpack and his bedroll. It is when he's finishing up with the backpack that Raynal enters.
Reinforcing his thoughts, Raynal whispers to himself, "This is my journey." Looking up at Almego, Raynal finally asks "Are you ready to go?"
Not hearing what Raynal mumbled to himself, and in his current dark mood not caring, he answers, "As soon as I finish this off we'll be out of here. Did you find what you were looking for here?"
The warm embrace of your family perhaps? If everyone could be so lucky.
Raynal’s smile is enough of an answer and Almego lets it go at that.
“I’ll round up the others and we’ll hit the road,” Raynal says, moving off toward the kitchen. Almego watches him for a bit and then finishes his pack, gathers his gear, and walks out to the front gate to wait on the others.
Barsopp and Dumal, along with Kal and Graham and a handful of others send the companions off with blessings and more than a few firm handshakes.

The morning is cold and damp, as all have been of late, but except for Almego, who seems to carry a scowl upon his face wherever he goes now, the companions are excited and talkative, eager to get to Neverwinter. The drizzle that starts up within an hour of their departure does little to deflate their moods and they make it to the river by late afternoon.
The river that flows out of the Neverwinter Wood is fed by many smaller streams from surrounding hills, but most notably a strong stream emerging from the bowels of the ever-smoking volcano known as Mount Hotenow. Lava tunnels deep within the ground heat up the river water considerably so that it is still warm when it reaches Neverwinter, supplying the town and the Neverwintans with warm water all year long. And like a child, Raynal doffs his clothes and leaps into the swelling river for a much needed bath.
“Anyone going to join me?” calls the ranger, seemingly uncaring that the ladies got a good view of his behind before he jumped in.
Shirl grins and begins to strip down as Lady Margaret covers Elsabet’s eyes, shocked and embarrassed at such actions. The Ryndyl’s, however, cackle with laughter and begin shucking their rain-soaked clothing. Holding hands, naked as jaybirds, the couple laughs and jumps in the river.
“C’mon in Alare!” Shirl calls to her friend. Alare blushes and looks around for a few seconds before jumping in…with her clothes on.
While Almego scowls from the bank, his companions frolic and throw water at each other like happy children; even Lady Margaret relents a bit and allows Elsabet to wade up to her knees in the warm water.
The child is a piece of sweet meat! The shadow croons in Almego’s mind. Like a ripe grape ready to be plucked and eaten! Summon one of my brethren and let him have her!
Almego knuckles his temples, mentally screaming at the shadow to shut up. The shadow laughs and as he departs whispers…ripe, ripe for the picking.

As the rain begins to come down even harder, and his companions continue splashing and playing around, Almego leans up against a tree and pulls his cloak up around his face and head, shivering in the cold. And it is from there that he spies figures moving through the rain, coming downriver toward them. At fifty yards away, the Ogres still look huge as they creep along the riverbank, cocking their ugly heads every now and again to listen. Almego glances back at his companions in the river and then back to the Ogres. “They hear us! And they know we are unprepared! Dammit!” he mutters as he considers how to warn his companions.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg River 1.JPG (30.1 KB, 7 views)
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #32  
Unread 20th of October, 2007, 07:09
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Four ogres approaching, I must slow them down... Young Olvander turns to those frolicking in the river like idiots and hisses, "Ogres approaching, get everyone to safety... NOW. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

Almego ducks down and draws a tiny portion of the power, threads of water and air, into himself and forms it into clashing vibrations to make a ghostly sound spring up from the trees on the ogre's left flank. The sound of over a dozen running and shouting armored human warriors comes from the tree-line and Almego bites his lip while looking on to see if the Ogres pause in their advance. If the ogres show any hesitation Almego will draw in more power and cast another dweomer of ghostly sounds upon their right flank, then run forward to put himself between the ogres his companions and proclaim aloud to the giants, "You have fallen into our ambush stupid ogres! Run now and you may escape!" Looking between each of them he continues his taunt, "That is if you can at least outrun the slowest one of your companions! Ha!" Without risk life is empty! Right?

(If they never hesitate, or don't fall for Almego's ruse, (or perhaps don't understand what I'm saying) continue on with the following.)

After their brief hesitation Almego will step up into view (if he's not already) when they begin pressing forward again. Drawing deep on the source he waves his hand in a fast blur and speaks in a whisper while drawing on more air and water, "Dis'tor'tium." Almego's visage becomes blurred and hazy as he pulls forth his now gleaming trident in a spin while setting his feet in a defensive stance. As they continue advancing forward he drinks even deeper on the source and forms dangerously large amounts of water, air, and fire into a bolt of energy that he flings at the nearest ogre like he was throwing a javelin. "Valkurius Strike!" From his outstretched hand at the end of his throw a large flash of lightning forms and leaps forward in the blink of an eye to slam into the nearest ogre's chest (or other body part, or miss, etc.). With one hand he beckons them closer while drawing upon the power of the shadow within him and locking his Gaze upon an uninjured ogre, willing him to flee.

(Adjust as needed of course. I'm guessing I had between 1-3 rounds until they close upon me. These are my actions regardless of whether or not they close quickly. If they're in threat range when I go to cast my spells then I'll cast defensively (concentration +7))

(The save DC for Ghost Sound is Will Disbief (if interacted with) DC 13. The Valkur's Shocking Strike is a ranged touch attack (+8) to do 4d6 electricity damage, no save)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 21st of October, 2007 at 13:43.
  #33  
Unread 22nd of October, 2007, 01:36
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Fine. Yea. Like you were fine when you summoned the shadows. Idiot.

"Shirl, get everyone on the other side of the bank. Get them off to safety. I can't leave him alone. No matter how stupid he wants to be." Quickly getting to shore, Raynal tries to interpret the time it will take for the ogres to reach Almego and what he can do.

Quickly spilling his backpack, Raynal spies a potion in there that may come in handy should something go wrong. Throwing on his jacket to keep himself a little protected from this wind and chilly air, he then grabs his bow and throws on his quiver of Ehlonna. Raynal knocks an arrow in preparation for the battle and sets off in his location to get a little closer to the battle but keeping a good distance to make sure he can run if need be.

Need to find a way to protect myself. The end of a tree line maybe, where I can hide after letting loose a volley should they shoot back. Try to keep a distance, maybe 200 feet or so, to protect Almego and to protect myself. After all, I still want to be able to go back and see Shirl with all of my body parts.

Upon finding a location to hide, Raynal holds his position until a fight brakes out. The second it does, Raynal lets loose with as much devestation as he can, safely picking any ogre that isn't close enough to warrant a hit to Almego should he miss the ogre.

<OOC: Fire at ogres 10+ feet away from Almego using rapid shot whenever possible.
+10 or +8/+8 to hit (-2 for distances over 110 ft.), 1d8+3 dmg. Should ogres begin to come after Raynal, fire at the closest one coming after him. Should an ogre get within 50 feet of Raynal, drop bow and withdraw his spear that is inside the quiver.>
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #34  
Unread 23rd of October, 2007, 01:29
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Quick Post 11

North Group – Quick Post 11: Deadly Rain

Four ogres approaching, I must slow them down... Young Olvander turns to those frolicking in the river like idiots and hisses, "Ogres approaching, get everyone to safety... NOW! Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."
Raynal stops gawking at Shirl’s breasts and gives Almego a serious nod of understanding.
Fine. Yea. Like you were fine when you summoned the shadows. Idiot.
"Shirl, get everyone on the other side of the bank. Get them off to safety. I can't leave him alone. No matter how stupid he wants to be."

Shirl grabs Alare and begins to corral the Ryndyl’s as Raynal swims for the bank. Quickly getting to shore, Raynal glances upstream, trying to interpret the time it will take for the ogres to reach Almego and what he can do.
Almego ducks down and draws a tiny portion of the power, threads of water and air, into himself and forms it into clashing vibrations to make a ghostly sound spring up from the trees on the ogre's left flank. The sound of over a dozen running and shouting armored human warriors comes from the tree-line and Almego bites his lip while looking on to see if the Ogres pause in their advance.

Ogre 1 slows a bit and turns to Ogre 2 and motions for him to hold up. He then turns to the other two and motions them forward.
Seeing their hesitation, Almego draws in more power and cast another dweomer of ghostly sounds upon their right flank. He then runs forward to put himself between the ogres his companions and proclaims aloud to the giants, "You have fallen into our ambush stupid ogres! Run now and you may escape!" Looking between each of them he continues his taunt, "That is if you can at least outrun the slowest one of your companions! Ha!" Without risk life is empty! Right?
Ogre 3 hesitates, turning toward the sound on his right. He peers into the rain but doesn’t see anything…but rain and a few trees. Seeming to be a little smarter than his companions, he barks an order to Ogre 4 (who is in the river) and moves forward at a jog. Almego also notices that the other two Ogres have decided the sounds are a ruse and they are moving forward quickly, zeroing in on his position since he is now visible. Ogre 1 and 2 hurl large javelins at the sorcerer, one flying wide and one missing him by inches. Almego grins and raises his hands.


Quickly spilling his backpack, Raynal spies a potion in there that may come in handy should something go wrong. Throwing on his jacket to keep himself a little protected from this wind and chilly air, he then grabs his bow and throws on his quiver of Ehlonna. Raynal nocks an arrow in preparation for the battle and sets off in his location to get a little closer to the battle but keeping a good distance to make sure he can run if need be.
Need to find a way to protect myself. The end of a tree line maybe, where I can hide after letting loose a volley should they shoot back. Try to keep a distance, maybe 200 feet or so, to protect Almego and to protect myself. After all, I still want to be able to go back and see Shirl with all of my body parts.

Drawing deep on the source Almego waves his hand in a fast blur and speaks in a whisper while drawing on more air and water, "Dis'tor'tium." Almego's visage becomes blurred and hazy as he pulls forth his now gleaming trident in a spin while setting his feet in a defensive stance. Two more javelins whiz by him, these thrown from Ogres 3 and 4, but Almego doesn’t flinch. Instead, he drinks even deeper on the source and forms dangerously large amounts of water, air, and fire into a bolt of energy that he flings at Ogre 4 like he was throwing a javelin. "Valkurius Strike!" From his outstretched hand at the end of his throw a large flash of lightning forms and leaps forward in the blink of an eye to slam into the Ogre's shoulder (D16).

The lightning bolt spins the Ogre around, knocking it back into the water just as it was climbing out onto the bank. It roars in agony as it claws for its footing.
Seeing this display of power, Ogres 1 and 2 charge, screaming wildly, heading straight for Almego. Suddenly, shafts fly out of cover from Raynal’s position. One misses completely but his second shot strikes Ogre 2 under the chin, dropping the giant humanoid like a rock! (C20)
Ogre 1 closes with Almego even as the young sorcerer beckons him closer while drawing upon the power of the shadow within him and locking his gaze upon the crazed creature. FLEE! He wills, seeking the recesses of the Ogre’s mind.
The Ogre screams in fear, breaking off his charge and running to hide behind the nearest tree bordering the river. Almego throws back his head and laughs maniacally.

Ogre 2 gets to his feet, blood spurting from its mouth and neck; it’s eyes are wide with shock but it spies the sorcerer and lurches forward. Raynal drives another arrow in its chest, (D5) dropping it back to its knees; a second arrow to the chest (D10) puts it down for good.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for posting for me, Bel! Hope smoke ain't in yer eyes!
Also, I made a mistake - Noo, you would have dropped that ogre with that critical had I rolled 3x damage instead of 2x! DOH!
-g-

__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by hedgeknight; 23rd of October, 2007 at 09:48.
  #35  
Unread 23rd of October, 2007, 02:04
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
quick post 11 map
Attached Images
File Type: jpg River 2.JPG (30.5 KB, 3 views)
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #36  
Unread 23rd of October, 2007, 05:27
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
One is cowled by a tree, and the other is closing in on Almego. That leaves me the one on the other side of the bank. Plenty of distance, shouldn't be closing in any time soon, not with the water between us.

Taking aim, Raynal unleashes another volley upon his newly intended victim. "It will be known that those that wish to fight those that are nude need to get taught a lesson. Lesson number one, don't fight those that are nude in the jungle. They are confident enough to bare it all, which means that they are more skilled then you." Taunting his victim with a laugh, Raynal lets loose more arrows at the ogre.

<ooc: Rapid shot at ogre 4, then ogre 1 should ogre 4 drop. +8/+8, 1d8+3, 110 ft range, x3 crit>
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #37  
Unread 24th of October, 2007, 06:18
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego laughs aloud at his cousin's taunt and turns on the ogre advancing upon him from the river. Tough son-of-a-bitch aren't ya? You look hot, let me cool you off. Young Olvander drinks in the power of the river and drawing together small molecules of water he slams them with the frigid north winds while intoning the arcane verbals, "Ic'ical." The air before him forms into a small icy dagger which shoots forth from his free hand to slam into the injured giant, then explodes into millions of tiny shards of sharp ice that shower everything within a few feet, peppering the water like a hard rain. A small bead of sweat slides down the side of Almego's face as the exertion of using so much power in so short a time begins to wear on him. Reluctantly he let's go of the source - the source that as of late has began to feel oh so good to embrace. Yes, the oily-silky-soft feel of the shadow. It feels almost... Divine.

(Ice Dagger: +8 ranged touch, grenade-like weapon. 4d4 cold damage (Ref DC 14 halves), 1 cold damage splash.)

(If the ogre 4 doesn't drop and continues to advance upon me I'll engage in melee with my trident. If Raynal drops it before it closes or my ice dagger does the job (he's already taken one of my Valkur's Shocking Strikes) then I'll turn my gaze upon the ogre across the river and assault it's mind as well, willing it to flee. If he drops ogre 4 before I fire my ice dagger, I'll throw it at the one across the river instead (if it's in range, 35 ft., and then quick draw a pistol to finish him as Raynal rains down hell with his bow. These ogres are so dead. If they all die and ogre 1 is still trying to hide behind the tree I go fuck him up with my trident. I'd think he'd continue to flee though, he's not cornered.)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 24th of October, 2007 at 06:26.
  #38  
Unread 25th of October, 2007, 00:17
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
North Group – Quick Post 12: Run Away!

One is cowled by a tree, and the other is closing in on Almego. That leaves me the one on the other side of the bank. Plenty of distance, shouldn't be closing in any time soon, not with the water between us.
Taking aim, Raynal unleashes another volley upon his newly intended victim. The first arrow strikes the stumbling Ogre high in the gut, bending it over in pain (D10); the second buries up to the fletching between its neck and shoulder, dropping it face down in the warm river (D6).
"It will be known that those that wish to fight those that are nude need to get taught a lesson!” Raynal yells as the river tugs at the dead Ogre, drawing it slowly downstream. “Lesson number one, don't fight those that are nude in the jungle. They are confident enough to bare it all, which means that they are more skilled then you."

Almego laughs aloud at his cousin's taunt and turns to Ogre 3 on the opposite bank. Tough son-of-a-bitch, aren't ya? You look hot, let me cool you off. Young Olvander drinks in the power of the river and drawing together small molecules of water he slams them with the frigid north winds while intoning the arcane verbals, "Ic'ical." The air before him forms into a small icy dagger which shoots forth from his free hand, sails across the river, and hits Ogre 3 on the shoulder (D5; Reflex save for half). It explodes into millions of tiny shards of sharp ice that shower everything within a few feet, peppering the water like a hard rain. A small bead of sweat slides down the side of Almego's face as the exertion of using so much power in so short a time begins to wear on him.
Feels good, doesn’t it, meat? Draw more and finish these wretches!
Almego squeezes his eyes shut and nearly retches before he reluctantly let's go of the source - the source that as of late has began to feel oh so good to embrace. Yes, the oily-silky-soft feel of the shadow. It feels almost... Divine.
Ogre 3 turns to flee, but Almego draws his pistol and fires! But instead of the familiar recoil and smell of sulfur, all he hears is a click and a sizzle from the wet powder. Cursing, he turns to see Raynal send one arrow and then another after the fleeing Ogre. The first arrow hits the Ogre low in the back (D5) and the second one hits a tree as the Ogre disappears in the rain.
Spinning the gleaming trident, Almego walks toward the willow where Ogre 1 is cowering. Seeing the sorcerer, the Ogre screams in fright and takes off at a run up the river, trying to get as far away as possible.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
OOC: Do you let him go or do you fire?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg River 3.JPG (30.6 KB, 1 views)
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."



Last edited by hedgeknight; 25th of October, 2007 at 08:28.
  #39  
Unread 25th of October, 2007, 03:34
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Spotting only the cowling/running ogre being the last one, Raynal leaves it to Almego and sets off to find his pants. Throwing his pants back on, he goes back to check on Shirl, Alare, and the others to see if they are safe and nothing happened to them.

Nude fighting. Never been so free before. Walking over to Almego, he looks for any signs to see if anything seems to be amiss. I hope he wasn't involved in bringing them here. But he did seem to control the one to just flee away, couldn't he have power to have brought them near. "Nice job, don't say I've never been there for you."
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #40  
Unread 25th of October, 2007, 20:39
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Looking at the fleeing ogre Almego feels an urge, a very deep urge, to sap the very strength from the giant, to feel his cold touch suck the very life out of it. I couldn't catch him if I wanted to. It Would feel oh so sweet though I'm sure... drinking upon a New source, a Better source. The very source of the souls of the living. Is this True power? Almego continues to look on while contemplating his dark thoughts and weighing his own soul against the power of the Shadow until the ogre is out of sight. No doubt, the shadow holds the power. I have chosen to serve the right side. And in a deeper walled off portion of Almego's mind, a vault that gets smaller by the day, a weak voice whispers, The side of the living, but the shadow need not know this... until the time is right. After a few more moments looking upon the still forest Almego turns to his companions and says in a stern voice, "If you're all done playing around naked in the river we should get going. We'll be to Neverwinter soon and you can all play naked as much as you'd like then. We're lucky it wasn't something a little more vicious than a few stupid ogres." In the young Shadow-possessed sorcerer's mind he beleives he is being nice by pointing out the dangers to his company, but his tone says otherwise. His voice is thick with contempt and disgust and coupled with a look that could kill. His gaze falls upon the little girl and he thinks, Her mother would do better to mind her child better. Letting her go frolicking like an idiot in the wilds. Imagine if one of those javelins were aimed for her. If the shadow within him makes another comment about the little girl Almego will grin and think back to it, How about her bitch of a mother instead? He looks at Lady Margaret while thinking this and justifying killing her. She did let young Elsebeth fall into those pirates hands in the first place. And now she puts the poor child in danger needlessly. Hmm... When everyone is ready to leave Almego will mount his horse again and set off to Neverwinter at last.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #41  
Unread 26th of October, 2007, 05:50
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Quick Post 13

North Group – Quick Post 13: Sweet Meat

Spotting only the cowling/running ogre being the last one, Raynal leaves it to Almego and sets off to find his pants. Throwing his pants back on, he goes back to check on Shirl, Alare, and the others to see if they are safe and nothing happened to them. He finds them hunkered down behind a tree, screened by some briars. Shirl, also dressed again, has her bow ready and relaxes when she sees Raynal coming over.
“Are they gone?” she asks, searching his face.
“We dropped two and ran two more off. Ogres are stupid but they I doubt they will come back for us.”
Looking at the fleeing Ogre, Almego feels an urge, a very deep urge, to sap the very strength from the giant, to feel his cold touch suck the very life out of it. I couldn't catch him if I wanted to. It would feel oh so sweet though I'm sure... drinking upon a New source, a Better source. The very source of the souls of the living. Is this True power?
Like I drink of your soul, sweet meat?Whispers the shadow within. There is no taste, no pleasure of the flesh that can compare.

Almego continues to look on while contemplating his dark thoughts and weighing his own soul against the power of the Shadow until the Ogre is out of sight. No doubt, the shadow holds the power. I have chosen to serve the right side. And in a deeper walled off portion of Almego's mind, a vault that gets smaller by the day, a weak voice whispers, The side of the living, but the shadow need not know this... until the time is right.

Nude fighting. Never been so free before. Walking over to Almego, Raynal looks for any signs to see if anything seems to be amiss. I hope he wasn't involved in bringing them here. But he did seem to control the one to just flee away, couldn't he have power to have brought them near? "Nice job, don't say I've never been there for you."

Almego nods, looks beyond the ranger to see the others huddled under a willow, trying to stay out of the rain, and says in a stern voice, "If you're all done playing around naked in the river we should get going. We'll be to Neverwinter soon and you can all play naked as much as you'd like then. We're lucky it wasn't something a little more vicious than a few stupid ogres."
Raynal frowns at him and then turns away. “Ready when you are.”

Almego watches Raynal walk away. In the young Shadow-possessed sorcerer's mind he believes he is being nice by pointing out the dangers to his company, but his tone says otherwise. His voice is thick with contempt and disgust and coupled with a look that could kill. His gaze falls upon the little girl and he thinks, Her mother would do better to mind her child better. Letting her go frolicking like an idiot in the wilds. Imagine if one of those javelins were aimed for her.
Sweet meat…
Almego grins. How about her bitch of an aunt instead? He looks at Lady Margaret while thinking this and justifying killing her. She did let young Elsebeth fall into those pirates hands in the first place. And now she puts the poor child in danger needlessly. Hmm... His thoughts still tuned to shadows, Almego finds his horse, remounts and heads south along the river, not paying any attention to the rain.

The walls of Neverwinter come into view in the early afternoon of the following day. The companions are weary and tired and are greeted by a mounted patrol of no less than twenty guards – all armed to the teeth, forming a wedge across the road leading through the gate where the river flows into the city through a portcullis.
When the companions approach within 100 feet, a man near the front of the patrol blows a horn and two guards ride out to meet them. Both have the look of seasoned veterans, probably having spent their lives in the military of this great city. They rein in fifteen feet from the companions, give slight bows of their heads, then the man on the right says, “Greetings travelers – what brings you to…Tyr’s stump!” he says when he spies familiar, mud-spattered faces. “Lady Margaret! Lady Elsabet! Are you well? Where…?”
“We are indeed well and good, Sergeant Trent. These two men,” she indicates Raynal and Almego, “rescued us from a terrible fate and have brought us home.”
“Ride back and tell the others!” Trent says to the man with him. “And send word to Lord Nasher that his sister and niece have returned!”
The man wheels his horse and spurs it back toward the patrol and in seconds a cry of elation goes up among the guards and at least ten of them ride forward to meet the arrivals. Sergeant Trent dismounts and offers Lady Margaret his horse, which she gracefully accepts. He then helps Elsabet up behind her aunt, and takes the reins to lead them into the city.
“Good to see you too, Gaelyn and Fiona – your children have been worried sick.”
Fiona starts to cry and Gaelyn hugs her as other guards dismount and give them their horses.
Feeling much better, Lady Margaret takes charge. “Come along, my friends. My brother will treat you like kings for your assistance. Whatever Neverwinter has to offer is yours.”

It doesn’t take long for word to spread through the city that Lady Margaret and Elsabet have returned and by the time their horses reach the River Gate (as it is named), Lord Nasher Alagondar, ruler of Neverwinter, is there to meet them.
Flanked by The Nine, his personal guard, the grizzled leader of the city is beaming with joy and scoops his niece off the back of the horse and crushes her in a bear hug, laughing and crying at the same time. “Tyr is good this day!” he roars, and his men echo his sentiment. He hugs his sister too and kisses her face, patting her cheek. “Meg, I feared the worst.” Is about all he can manage to say before choking up. But the stout man swallows his emotion and turns to the others. He greets the Ryndyls and welcomes them home, and then he listens as Lady Margaret introduces Shirl and Alare, and Almego and Raynal. His handshake is so strong it hurts and then he says, “Welcome to Neverwinter, my new friends. Let us get out of the rain and into a hot bath. Then we shall eat and talk, yes?”
Almego barely hears Lord Alagondar’s offer due to the constant whispering of the shadow within. Sweeet meeaatsss…
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by hedgeknight; 26th of October, 2007 at 08:25.
  #42  
Unread 26th of October, 2007, 16:02
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Letting his horse's reins drop to the ground he bows deeply and says, "Thank you for your hospitality Lord Nasher. A hot bath and good food does sound good." Almego will try to wipe the scowl from his face and attempt to smile, but it's a hard task with the shadow within constantly whispering for the souls of the innocents around him. The young man busy's his mind with taking in the sights of the great Jewel of the North, as some people call Neverwinter, and eyeing the people he passes on the street. All the while he keeps wondering, What did my brother find when he arrived here, or did he? Where did Yestolf take him? Another thought crosses his mind and he addresses the shadow inside him, What do you know of my brother? Does he also serve our master? Almego follows the Lord of Neverwinter and his entourage to wherever they take him. He'll enjoy his bath and when he is done he'll dress and prepare for dinner while thinking upon what Lady Margaret said to them. 'My brother will treat you like kings for your assistance. Whatever Neverwinter has to offer is yours.' He smiles to himself and thinks, Does that include your soul ma'am? My master demands a sacrifice...
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 27th of October, 2007 at 09:56.
  #43  
Unread 26th of October, 2007, 23:45
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Being careful not to make any sign that his handshake with Lord Nasher drained blood from his hand, Raynal nods appreciatively.

"Thank you, Lord Nasher. Times have been troubled and with the latest development along with the rain, a hot bath and good food will more than make up for it. Your hospitality is greatly appreciated."

It's been so long since I've been here. Neverwinter. I never did make it over here that much, tis a shame. A beautiful place this is.
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #44  
Unread 30th of October, 2007, 02:37
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 14

North Group – Quick Post 14: Bath and Body Works

Being careful not to make any sign that his handshake with Lord Nasher drained blood from his hand, Raynal nods appreciatively. "Thank you, Lord Nasher. Times have been troubled and with the latest development along with the rain, a hot bath and good food will more than make up for it. Your hospitality is greatly appreciated."
It's been so long since I've been here. Neverwinter. I never did make it over here that much, ‘tis a shame. A beautiful place this is.


Dismounting and taking his horse's reins in hand Almego bows deeply and says, "Thank you for your hospitality Lord Nasher. A hot bath and good food does sound good." Almego tries to wipe the scowl from his face and attempts to smile, but it's a hard task with the shadow within constantly whispering for the souls of the innocents around him. The young man busies his mind with taking in the sights of the great Jewel of the North, as some people call Neverwinter, and eyeing the people he passes on the street. All the while he keeps wondering, What did my brother find when he arrived here, or did he? Where did Yestolf take him? Another thought crosses his mind and he addresses the shadow inside him. What do you know of my brother? Does he also serve our master?
The shadow chuckles knowingly, but says nothing.
The City of Skilled Hands welcomes you with dry, warm weather, and a lot of friendly faces. No, you’re not dreaming – it is actually dry and warm! It’s raining and the wind is howling outside the gates, but within the cobblestone streets every person you meet is dry and in a fairly decent mood. When asked, Lord Nasher explains: “Since the storms began, we have been working diligently to preserve the natural sanctity of our fair city, knowing full well that endless, torrential raining would ruin the gardens and warm springs we all love so much. Thus, the Magi of the Cloaktower created a temporary magical shield of sorts, a mythal, to keep out the storm. During the day, the mythal is in place, while during the night, we release the shield and rest until the next morning. Thus, we keep the Neverwintans in shelter when they are most active.” Lord Nasher does not elaborate further seeming rather pleased with himself and his explanation. Lady Margaret gives you a sidelong look and rolls her eyes.
Almego gives the lady a smile that is more like a smirk as his mind recalls what she said to them earlier. 'My brother will treat you like kings for your assistance. Whatever Neverwinter has to offer is yours.' He smiles to himself and thinks, Does that include your soul ma'am? My master demands a sacrifice...

As you meander through the streets and buildings, you pass several carpentry and clock-making shops, a large inn (The Shining Serpent), a small trade store (Manycoins Moneylending), an odd, octagonal building with cedar shingles built around an old, oak tree (The Mute Lute), and across from The Mute Lute is Jaesor’s Fineware. Outside on the sidewalk, a man polishes the large window of the store front that displays lovely porcelain plates and figurines inside. Upon seeing him, Gaelyn and Fiona cry out and rush forward. He turns to see what all the fuss is about and drops his polishing rag as the couple crush him in a pair of bear hugs! After a few seconds, they wave the rest of you over and introduce you to Gaelyn’s father, Jaesor.
The Ryndyl’s laud praises upon their rescuers, promising to reward them should they take the time in the next few days to drop by the store again. Once they are gone inside, Lord Nasher takes the lead, and steers you to a large comfortable two-story building bearing a sign that says The Moonstone Mask.
Lord Nasher turns to you and says, “It is here that I take my leave of you. Rooms and services are already obtained for you. Rest and relax, my new friends, and then I will call on you tomorrow.”

The Mask is a lively place and the sounds of revelry are much welcomed. You are greeted by a beautiful woman wearing nothing but a sheer black gown and a glowing mask of moonstones. Her black hair is draped over her shoulders and her lips are painted a deep burgundy. She gives a slight curtsy and you smell a musky fragrance which only adds to the intoxicating affect of her presence. “Well met, my lords and ladies, and welcome to the Moonstone Mask. My name is Midnight. How may I help you this fine evening?” Dark and enchanting, that’s what she is, and you stand there agape until Raynal bows and says, “My lady, Lord Nasher led us here and said our rooms were ready?”
Smiling, she says, “Of course - right this way,” and she leads you into a huge dining hall which is nearly full of patrons. And of course, beautiful women - all of them! Dressed in sheer gowns and masks! Raynal’s mouth drops open and even Almego breathes a prayer of thanks to Valkur while Shirl and Alare turn three shades of red, trying unsuccessfully to avert their eyes from the sensual women who brush past them on their way here and there. Arriving at a grand staircase leading to the upper floors, Midnight says, “Daphne will show you to your rooms, but should you need me I will be here.”
Daphne arrives in just a few seconds looking like some nymph from Neverwinter Woods - short blond hair, blue eyes, and naturally tanned. Underneath her gown you can plainly see a tattoo around her pierced navel depicting dancing satyrs playing flutes and chasing dryads. Her voice is soft and high and she smells of peaches. “Evening my lords and ladies. Follow me please to your rooms where a hot bath awaits and perhaps some wine or honeyed ale.”
Each of you has a separate room that is richly decorated with a canopied bed, dresser, and a large claw-foot tub with a steaming bath already drawn. On a table inside each room is a loaf of black bread with cinnamon butter, creamy cheese, and a carafe of sweet ale. “I’ll give you a few minutes to get in your baths before I send one of the girls around to see if you need…anything else.” Daphne grins and winks and returns downstairs.
The bath feels wonderful and you soak and wash away the grime and aches of the many long weeks past. The water is scented with lavender and somehow the aroma eases your minds and helps you to relax.
While Raynal is soaking in the scalding water, a light knock at his door is all the warning he gets before Shirl steps inside. She is wearing a thick white robe and pads over to his tub on bare feet. “Want some company?”
Before Raynal can reply, she drops the robe and stands there for a few seconds allowing the ranger to get a good look at her. Her breasts are small but ample and her hips are slightly wide. The hair between her legs is the same silvery color as that on her head and Raynal blushes deeply when he realizes he is staring at it. She smiles and eases herself into the tub which is big enough for two, maybe three people. Shirl slides up along side him and lays her head against his chest, tucking one arm around his back and the other across his chest; she lifts her right leg atop his thighs and hugs him. Raynal kisses the top of her head and she snuggles in closer and then looks up at him with mischief in her half-closed eyes. She gently squeezes him again and says, “Anything I can do for you?”
(OOC: Tag Raynal)

A similar knock comes to Almego’s door and when the door opens, a pretty young woman wearing a green silk gown steps into the room. Her blonde curls frame her oval face and she smiles and says, “Does my lord need anything else tonight?”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
__________________

  #45  
Unread 1st of November, 2007, 10:17
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego starts to set his equipment down, getting ready to jump into the hot bath. When his hand reaches up to take his cloak off he hesitates. Is this my shield against folk detecting the shadow within me? Yestolf gave it to me when I asked about it, but didn't say one way or another. He takes a long look at the steaming bath-water and after a few more moments of contemplation removes the cloak followed by the rest of his garments and equipment. Almego let's himself slowly sink into the scalding water while thinking, Not since my trip to Waterdeep have I had anything that felt as good as this. When the pretty blonde gal knocks at the door it startles Almego for a moment, but when he hears her question a slick smile slides across his face. "Surely m'lady, perhaps a bottle of wine and some company?" Young Olvander's eyebrow raises suggestively as he says this, hinting at just what type of 'company' he means.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #46  
Unread 7th of November, 2007, 09:54
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 15

North Group – Quick Post 15: “I have something to tell you…”

Almego starts to set his equipment down, getting ready to jump into the hot bath. When his hand reaches up to take his cloak off he hesitates. Is this my shield against folk detecting the shadow within me? Yestolf gave it to me when I asked about it, but didn't say one way or another. He takes a long look at the steaming bathwater and after a few more moments of contemplation removes the cloak followed by the rest of his garments and equipment. Almego let's himself slowly sink into the scalding water while thinking, Not since my trip to Waterdeep have I had anything that felt as good as this. When the pretty blonde gal knocks at the door it startles Almego for a moment, but when he hears her question a slick smile slides across his face. "Surely m'lady, perhaps a bottle of wine and some company?" Young Olvander's eyebrow raises suggestively as he says this, hinting at just what type of 'company' he means. She giggles and retrieves a bottle of wine from a drawer near the door along with two glasses. As she approaches the tub, she says, “My name is Alison, what’s yours?”
Almego manages to stammer out his name (assuming you tell her) as she slips out of her clothes and stands naked in front of him, pouring two glass of wine. Her nipples are light brown and the shadow between her legs is the same color as her hair. The nails on her fingers and toes are painted black as are her lips. On her left breast, just above the nipple, is a tattoo of solid black circle rimmed in purple.
Alison hands Almego both glasses of wine and then eases into the tub alongside him. She purrs like a cat as she slips under the hot water, taking a glass of wine from him. She clinks the glasses and says, “To a night of good company.”
She then drains the glass and leans out of the tub to set in on the floor. When she does, Almego notices several old scars on her back that resemble stripes. He is about to ask about them when she slides a hand up his thigh and along his manhood, which has already begun to respond to her presence. Alison giggles again and nuzzles his neck as she strokes him slowly under the water.
After a few quiet minutes of Alison stroking him and kissing his neck and chest, “I have something to tell you,” she murmurs into his ear, gripping his manhood tighter and stroking him a little faster. It’s been a long time for Almego and he feels the pressure beginning to build in his groin.
“Wh-what is it?” he manages to say.
In answer Alison straddles him and slides his manhood deep inside her. Almego’s eyes go wide as she bears down on him, squeezing him, riding him to climax. As he bursts inside her, gripping the edges of the tub in release, she leans down and looks into his eyes. “I know the location,” she rasps, her eyes half-closed in ecstasy, “of the Hand of Time.” She moans, riding him harder and harder, her face and breasts flushed with desire.
“How…how do you know that?” Almego says as she grinds on him harder and harder. “Because I am a Mistress of the Dark Lord…and he told me!”
Alison digs her nails into Almego’s chest as she comes, her body shuddering, her mouth a rapturous smile.
Now you truly belong to me!Comes the voice of Yestolf deep in the recesses of Almego's mind.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What now, meat?
-g-
__________________

  #47  
Unread 9th of November, 2007, 15:27
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego grunts at the pain from the nails driving through his flesh, but is careful not to show any signs of the pain upon his face, still smiling at Alison as Yestolf's powerful voice blossoms in his mind. I only doubted your power once Master, never again. I will find this Hand of Time for you and use it to find the other Weapons of Power, then deliver them unto you... this I swear to you Master. I am your humble servant... Almego lays it on thick, doing his best to impress... but, also finds himself strangely believing in his Oath. An understanding comes to him that he did not lie, in his mind he knew of his plan before realizing it, and he nods, Aye, deliver them unto him... this I do swear, this he says in his inner heart - his Lion's Heart. He asks in a meek mind/voice to Yestolf, Master, I have encountered a few that I suspected of knowing of my... Possession. Am I Guarded or do they know? While Almego is having his conversation with Yestolf in his mind he keeps his eyes locked on Alison and slowly keeps the rhythm of their love-making going, building up to another climax.

(The Lion's Heart Amulet is the only possession I'd still be wearing, I would have tried getting into the bath with my Ring of Water Walking on, but soon realize that it wasn't going to work. I would have made sure to have my trident propped up where I can see it at all times.)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 9th of November, 2007 at 15:31.
  #48  
Unread 13th of November, 2007, 00:10
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 16

North Group – Quick Post 16: Sweet Dreams

Almego grunts at the pain from the nails driving through his flesh, but is careful not to show any signs of the pain upon his face, still smiling at Alison as Yestolf's powerful voice blossoms in his mind. I only doubted your power once Master, never again. I will find this Hand of Time for you and use it to find the other Weapons of Power, then deliver them unto you... this I swear to you Master. I am your humble servant... Almego lays it on thick, doing his best to impress... but, also finds himself strangely believing in his Oath. An understanding comes to him that he did not lie, in his mind he knew of his plan before realizing it, and he nods, Aye, deliver them unto him... this I do swear, this he says in his inner heart - his Lion's Heart. He asks in a meek mind/voice to Yestolf,Master, I have encountered a few that I suspected of knowing of my... Possession. Am I Guarded or do they know? While Almego is having his conversation with Yestolf in his mind he keeps his eyes locked on Alison and slowly keeps the rhythm of their love-making going, building up to another climax.
She purrs when she feels him getting hard again and begins to grind on him slowly, a contented smile on her sweet face. She doesn’t notice the gleaming trident, glowing with a silver sheen, propped up where Almego can see it, nor does she hear the response of Yestolf, meant only for Almego’s mind.
Shadow attracts shadow, my pet. Those who have truly given themselves over to the Dark Lord can sense the power in others; it is a natural…attraction.

Later, as they lay in bed, Alison runs a finger along Almego’s chest, whispering sleepily to him. “In the morning…after we have each other for breakfast”, she giggles and kisses his neck, “I’ll take you to the clockmaker’s shop…where the (yawn) Hand of Time is secreted away. And together we will claim it…for the Dark Lord. Sweet dreams, lover.”

But Almego doesn’t have sweet dreams that night, even though his flesh is content from lovemaking and with Alison’s warm nakedness draped over him. The shadow within is gloating and hooting with glee, eager for the prize, and its laughter chills his soul. But it is not only the shadow within, it is the horrific visions of the fall of Thornhold. Borne along by Yestolf’s will, he “watches” the shadows descend upon the stout Dwarves of the hold; Dwarves who ministered to he and his friends, who laid down their lives for them. He watches as the gates are overrun by servants of the shadow and how the Dwarves rally around Lord Angus, trying and dying to protect him.
The last thing he “sees”, just before he falls into a fitful sleep, is Angus, Karlov, and Jolly, backed into a dungeon-like room deep within the Hold, surrounded by shadows with glowing red eyes. Suddenly there is a bright flash of light, and then…darkness.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Any plans for the morrow? Or do you want me to continue with the story?
-g-
__________________

  #49  
Unread 15th of November, 2007, 14:17
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 17

Quick Post 17: Morning Stroll

After "breakfast" Almego and Alison leave the Moonstone Mask and go looking for the clock making shop of Simpson and Norma Gaggletooth. The Neverwintans are out this morning, walking to and fro on their business errands. And it is warm and dry on the streets! Alison explains that Lord Alagondar commissioned the study of a protective shield-like spell, an ancient mythal, to shield Neverwinter during the winter months in order to protect the gardens and way of life his people have come to love.
She sneers at this and Almego looks at her pretty face, his thoughts going back to their early morning lovemaking. He is jolted from his reverie by a jerk on his arm. Alison has stopped and is looking at a store front bearing a large glass window and a sign that reads Gaggletooth Clocks. And underneath the title, in smaller, cursive letters, reads this phrase: "Time waits for no man."
Alison tries the door and finds it open, ringing a tiny bell that is attached to the back of it. Inside, the walls and shelves are lined with clocks of all types and styles, and all are ticking. The sound of dozens of ticking clocks is only slightly annoying, however, in fact, you don't have long to think about it because a well-dressed Gnome gentleman appears from between the aisles and says, "Welcome to Gaggletooth Clocks. How may I help you this fine day?"
"We are looking for something...exotic," Alison says, smiling down at the Gnome.
"Of what materials?" he asks, glancing first at Alison then at Almego. Almego watches the Gnome closely and notices that he is fidgeting with his hands and holding a pocket watch attached to a gold chain.
He's nervous about something, but what?
Alison mentions silver and gold and mithril and while she and the Gnome talk, Almego takes a look around the shop, but his attention is soon diverted by a figure standing outside the shop window. It is a man wearing a dark gray cloak and he is looking in the window and grinning. He wears a sabre at his hip and a brace of darts across his chest; their fletching varies in color and shape. He is lithe and looks dangerous, and suddenly he glances up the street, gives Almego a parting grin, and quickly walks away.
A few seconds pass and then Raynal and Shirl come hurrying by the shop window. They stop abruptly and Almego jumps behind a floor display of clocks; they look through the window but do not see him. And then they are gone, following the same direction of the mysterious stranger.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Actions?
__________________

  #50  
Unread 16th of November, 2007, 11:14
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
For just a moment Almego is torn between following his cousin and retrieving the Hand of Time, but alas - the greater mission prevails. He'll be fine. Almego turns his attention back to the greater mission at hand.

Drawing upon the source, the barest of threads only - a tiny strand of air to enhance his sight, Almego intones the arcane words and semantics for his Dweomer-Sight while hoping Alison is keeping the gnome busy enough not to notice. When his spell is finished he looks around the shop and particularly at the small watch the gnome is nervously clutching in his hand. He must know of the Hand of Time's whereabouts if he was entrusted to watch the shop for the Gaggletooths. Hmm... yes, the Gaggletooths. Almego walks over to Alison and the Gnome and asks, interupting them rudely, "Are you related to Simpson or Norma?" Almego watches and is careful to note the gnomes reaction to this question.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 16:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren