Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 26th of March, 2007, 12:40
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.67 per day)
Green eyes and a stuck hand Babelson is glad to have the protection of Red and Mel if these barbaric creatures were to get loose he could be a stuck hin. Hopefully they will be dead or incapacitated long before that happens. Drawing his blade slowly across his body with the free hand Babelson focuses his thoughts on keeping the mass of spiders formed into a wall from turning on them. Looking back to Egret he mentions "You may not want to stand to close. If they kill the demons, they may come for us next."

[OOC: I don't think drawing a blade breaks concentration. But if it does, he will not do it. Babelson is maintaining concentration.]
  #77  
Unread 26th of March, 2007, 13:29
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys tries to shrug off the attack and pulls the weapon from his gut, with vengeance in his eyes, Dreys charges the remaining sea devils in front of him.

Dreys chops at the sea devils and swings for their heads. Chopping and slashing whatever body part opens to his eyes. He will continue to strike the sea devils with his waraxe. Dreys will continue his attack until something is all dead...........hopefully the devils.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #78  
Unread 26th of March, 2007, 15:20
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
yer getting old pirate, bring it on!
that aint near enough to bring me down,
ence you don’t have enough hair to make a decent scalp imgonna have to make a damned eunuch out of you
Mirko continues his furious slashing at Korman, high and low, feints a slash at his genitals expecting korman to flinch and take advantage to cut his throat
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 27th of March, 2007 at 04:36.
  #79  
Unread 26th of March, 2007, 15:54
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.64 per day)
Egret holds onto the spell, manipulating bits of stray rocks, sand, wood, anything, causing chaos and the feeling that the pirates are surrounded, or at least being accosted from behind by something.
"Feel free to go out without me. A random person running out will be nice and distracting. Or not, whatever works for you."
__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.
  #80  
Unread 27th of March, 2007, 03:52
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego, emboldened by the odds and his fortune thus far continues in this thrusting and stabbing with his rapier at the remaining pirates. Fool's, they should have taken the advantage they have and surrounded us, now they'll die at our leisure. I love it! Almego is almost hypnotized by the beauty of this dance and feels the power flowing into him unbidden and wonders, This movement has much power within it, I wonder what I could do with this kinetic energy?

(ooc: attack, Attack, ATTACK!)
  #81  
Unread 27th of March, 2007, 12:37
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 12

Scenario 7 - Quick Post 12: Sand Dancing!
Initiative Order: Mirko, Pirates, Egret, Squint, Dreys, Almego, Korman, Babelson, Sahuagin


“Yer getting old pirate, bring it on!” Mirko growls, circling Korman the White. He slashes furiously at the pirate, high and low, missing Korman’s face by a fraction of an inch.
The pirate captain grunts and swings low, backing Mirko up and then follows with an overhead chop that bites deep into the barbarian’s shoulder (D12).
“That ain’t near enough to bring me down!” Mirko yells, ignoring the burning pain and the numbness spreading down his arm. “And since you don’t have enough hair to make a decent scalp, I’m gonna have to make a damned eunuch out of you!”
Mirko feints a slash at Korman’s genitals and when Korman flinches back, the barbarian lunges for his throat. But the pirate captain is no stranger to trickery of battle and easily deflects the blue-steel blade. “Yer slow boy,” he says, swinging at Mirko whose breastplate absorbs the blow. “And it’s high time to learn a few manners from yer betters!” Korman swings again and nearly falls as a wave hits him in the back of the legs. Mirko nearly goes down too but regains his footing, looking for another opening.

Facing two pirates, Squint grins and beckons them to attack. They oblige willingly, one attacking high, the other low. Squint blocks the high blade, but the low blade catches him in the gut, cutting a deep gash (D6). Squint cries out in pain and attacks furiously, slashing the offending pirate in the neck (D10); the man falls writhing to the sand.
“Umberlee take ye!” the remaining pirate screeches, lunging at Squint. The Dwarf captain turns the blade aside with his empty pistol and drives his saber clean through the pirate’s stomach and out his back! (C16)
“The Bitch Queen take YE, bastard!” Squint says, kicking the dead pirate from his blade.

The pirates encircle Dreys and Almego, blades whirling, as they lunge in and out. Dreys blocks one blade as another rakes along his left side, cutting to the bone! (D6) Dreys tries to shrug off the attack and with vengeance in his eyes, charges the remaining pirates in front of him. He chops at the man who just attacked him, swinging at his head…and cuts off most of the left side of his face! (D13)
As the pirate falls, another steps in while two more rush to pull their dead comrade out of the way so they too can get to the deadly Dwarf.
Dreys ducks and rolls forward, avoiding the thrust of the pirate’s blade, and comes up behind the man and kills him instantly with a savage blow to the back of his neck! (D10)
“Come ye bastards and Dreys Stoneshaft will send ye straight to hell!”

A few feet away, Almego, emboldened by the odds and his fortune thus far, continues fighting remaining pirates. Fool's, they should have taken the advantage they have and surrounded us, now they'll die at our leisure. I love it!
He deftly blocks one of his attacker’s blades but the second one dances in and stabs him in the side (D7). Blood pumps down his leg as he pivots and wheels, driving his rapier in the pirate’s throat! (D9) The man falls, grabbing his neck and making wet gurgling sounds. Even as he falls another pirate offers a battle cry to Umberlee, the Bitch Queen and charges toward the skilled sorcerer. Almego is almost hypnotized by the beauty of this dance and feels the power flowing into him unbidden and wonders, this movement has much power within it. I wonder what I could do with this kinetic energy?

He continues to wonder and his body reacts automatically from the pirate’s attack, turning the blade from his face and grabbing the wielder by the shirt. Almego’s eyes are half-closed as if in a daydream as he drives his rapier through the man’s ribs and into his heart (D9). He jerks the blade free and with it comes a thin stream of bright crimson, speckling the sand. Euphoric and more alive than he can remember, Almego smiles and welcomes the new arrivals.

The two remaining pirates on the beached longboats, one with a deep arrow wound, the other chewing his lip nervously as bits of stray rocks, sand, wood, and shells accost them from all sides. Confused and nervous, the pirates appear ready to flee. From his recess at the base of the rocky spire, Egret maintains his spell…and smiles.
"Feel free to go out without me.” He says absentmindedly to Babelson. “A random person running out will be nice and distracting. Or not, whatever works for you."

Drawing his blade slowly across his body with the free hand Babelson focuses his thoughts on keeping the mass of spiders which are killing the sahuagin from turning on them. Looking back to Egret he mentions "You may not want to stand too close. If they kill the demons, they may come for us next."
Even so, Babelson glances at the two mismatched companions nearby. Hungry! Meat? Mel “speaks” to him. Babelson slowly shakes his head but doesn’t return the mindspeak. He doesn’t dare break his concentration on the spell. Still, he is glad to have the protection of Red and Mel. If these barbaric creatures get loose he could be a stuck Hin.

Suddenly, a gout of water explodes upward near the entangled sahuagin. Then a second explosion rips a hole in the beach not twenty feet from Babelson and his friends. Mel screeches, flapping his wings, covered in sand. But Babelson can’t divert his attention…the spiders…they might…
KRA-KOOM!
The explosion sends a shudder through the rocky spire, breaking off several chunks from the top which rain down upon Babelson, Egret, and the animals. Babelson winces in pain as a large chunk of black rock strikes him in the top of the head (D2). The Hin staggers, but the moss and seaweed hold him up and through the grace of the Oak Father…he maintains his concentration on the swarm! (OOC: Lucky ass made his Concentration check!)

But then Red starts barking and growling, his hackles raised in alarm. Egret peers around the spire and gapes when he sees a sahuagin staggering toward them with a trident in its webbed claws!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 23/16
Babelson – 32/30
Dreys – 26/12
Egret – 9/9
Mirko – 51/22 (30 w/8 temp hp)

Ain't many of 'em left, fellers! Take a look at the map and talk to me! Damn! I gotta kill somebody soon!
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pirate Attack 3.JPG (39.7 KB, 7 views)
__________________


Last edited by hedgeknight; 28th of March, 2007 at 01:15.
  #82  
Unread 27th of March, 2007, 12:50
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.64 per day)
Egret narrows his eyes, then looks at Babelson.
"I'm not much for direct harm. And... kind of out of exhausted anything that actually could damage them. Do these... um, pets? Companions? Perhaps they could do a little dance of distraction? Involving slashing and pain?"

He concentrates slightly, intoning a bit, and looks up.
"All I've got at this point is... heh, stranging them out."
All along the sea devil, scales begin to tweak, turning multicolored, growing or shifting slightly, and otherwise looking strangely. His colors shift, from green to red to pink to orange and to a rainbowish mix.

(prestidigitation)

Last edited by zachol; 27th of March, 2007 at 13:08.
  #83  
Unread 27th of March, 2007, 13:49
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys with anger in his eyes about being wounded, steps over the dead pirates in front of him and takes on the reamining two pirates. "ifn me be dying, me be taken you two bastards with me."

With that said, Dreys will swing with all his power trying to chop each pirates' head off. "go to ye grave knowin me name, me be DREYS STONESHAFT, now ye be dead." with that said, Dreys continues in onslaught.


OCC: Coffee, hope I saw the map correct, It looks like there were two pirates still in front of him.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #84  
Unread 27th of March, 2007, 15:39
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
taHell with you!

Mirko presses his attack with an upper stab he tries to gut Korman from groin to throat the roar of the bear guide his rage in a blood frenzy continues slashing with out pause each pass deaths promise sweet embrace

OOC: hey coffee, I’m not sure if you added the 8 hp from raging to Mirkos total
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #85  
Unread 28th of March, 2007, 01:38
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.67 per day)
Knowing full well he could end up being engulfed the next round by spiders looking to eat them both Babelson's focus moves from the summoned insects to the approaching sea creature. Waiting for the right moment he readies his blade across his chest, resting it on the far shoulder. Still rendered immobile he intends on making a fight of it from his current stance. With a taunt he attempts to draw him nearer.

"I'm gonna send you to the same hot dry hell I just sent your 2 lovers to!"


[OOC: End concentration on spider swarms, their duration over in 2 rounds. Ready attack for enemy in range. Direct Red to attack when engaged. Attack until dead.]
  #86  
Unread 28th of March, 2007, 04:29
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 13

Scenario 7 - Quick Post 13: Next In Line!
Initiative Order: Mirko, Pirates, Egret, Squint, Dreys, Almego, Korman, Babelson, Sahuagin



“Ta Hell with you!” Mirko roars, pressing his attack with an upper stab, trying to gut Korman from groin to throat. The pirate captain steps into the attack, allowing his armor to deflect the blade and chops Mirko in the neck with his axe! (D6)
“Yer getting weak, boy!” the pirate laughs, chopping Mirko in the chest, denting his breastplate and cracking several ribs (D7).
Mirko staggers from the blow but the roar of the bear guides his rage and in blood frenzy he continues to fight without pause, relishing in the promise of death’s sweet embrace.
“Stand aside lad and let me at ‘im!” a gruff voice says. Pushing past Mirko with a battle cry of “Mirabar!” Squint presses Korman the White, stabbing his blade at the pirate’s chest. Korman’s breastplate deflects Squint’s blade and the pirate captain smiles. “Been waiting on this fer a long time!”
Then the pirate whirls his axe around and over his head, swinging to his right, narrowly missing Squint’s bald pate. But just as quick, Korman stops and chops deep into Squint’s neck and shoulders as if felling a tree! (C20) Blood sprays from the Dwarf captain’s wound and his saber tumbles from his fingers.
It all happens in slow motion to Mirko and he watches in shock as the stout captain falls to his knees, looking at the barbarian. “The egg…” he mumbles just before he falls on his face. “Oh, Carla! I’ve failed ye, girl!” And then he is silent.
“No! Th-that should have been me!” Mirko stammers in disbelief, his heart pounding as he watches Squint’s blood seep into the sand and be washed away by the surf.
“Not to worry lad! Yer next in line fer me axe!” Korman sneers.

With anger in his eyes about being wounded, Dreys steps over the dead pirates in front of him and faces the remaining two pirates. "If’n me be dying, me be taken you two bastards with me."
“We’ll see who dies today, midget!” one of the pirates growls, slashing at Dreys. Dreys steps in between the two pirates, trusting his armor to turn their blades…and his armor proves true! Then he does what he does best…he crushes the pirate on his left with a mighty blow of his axe (D13), felling the man like a tree. “Go to ye grave knowin’ me name – me be DREYS STONESHAFT! And now ye be dead!”

“Not yet we ain’t!” the other pirate says, driving his blade deep into Drey’s side (D8). Dreys grunts and staggers to his left, swinging backhandedly at the pirate. The man ducks under the bloody axe and comes up ready to attack anew.

Almego hears his companion shout his name and smiles, still mesmerized with this dance of death. His pirate foes come at him together and as he passes between them one blade slices off a lock of his hair, while another blade jabs him in the ribs, temporarily knocking the breath out of him (D9). He responds by wheeling and skewering one of the pirates through the lower back, angling upward until the tip of his rapier exits the man’s chest! (D9)
The other pirate’s face turns a dark shade of red as his companion falls to Almego’s rapier. He snarls at the sorcerer, revealing dirty black teeth and then his eyes glance to a spot just over Almego’s shoulder.
The sorcerer hears the familiar twang of a crossbow and feels something slam him in the back, pitching him slightly forward. He looks down at the head of a crossbow bolt protruding from just above his left nipple and wonders how it got there (D5). The pirate’s laughter behind him shakes him back to reality and to the charge of the pirate in front of him that is trying to cut him in half. The laughter reminds him of his childhood and suddenly the pirate’s face becomes that of his brother. Almego reacts swiftly, deflecting the pirate’s blade and then raking his rapier across his throat with a harsh cut (D10). The pirate falls, blood pumping from his throat and mouth, but Almego doesn’t notice. He is barely able to stand from fatigue and loss of blood. He hears a splash in the water behind him and the cocking of a crossbow and knows that death comes for him.

Behind the gory battle scene, Egret narrows his eyes, and then looks at Babelson. "I'm not much for direct harm. And...kind of exhausted anything that actually could damage them. Do these... um, pets? Companions? Perhaps they could do a little dance of distraction? Involving slashing and pain?"
Babelson doesn’t respond, not because he’s rude, but because he’s still concentrating on maintaining the swarm. Knowing full well he could end up being engulfed the next round by spiders looking to eat them both, Babelson's focus moves from the summoned insects to the approaching sea creature. Waiting for the right moment he readies his blade across his chest, resting it on the far shoulder. Still rendered immobile he intends on making a fight of it from his current stance. With a taunt he attempts to draw him nearer. "I'm gonna send you to the same hot dry hell I just sent your two lovers to!"

Egret, seeing that the Halfling is ready to die for this, concentrates slightly, intoning a bit, and looks up. "All I've got at this point is... Heh, stranging them out."
Babelson peers out from behind the shelter of the rock and his mouth drops open in surprise. All along the sea devil, scales begin to tweak, turning multicolored, growing or shifting slightly, and otherwise looking strangely. His colors shift, from green to red to pink to orange and to a rainbow mix.
The sahuagin shudders and rubs its skin, attempting to wipe away the shifting colors. After several frantic seconds, the creature stops and glares at the rocky spire. It moves to the right and spies the trapped Halfling and his companions. And yet, it’s large bulbous eyes narrow in hatred at the…

“Sssorcerer!” it hisses…and charges!
“Red! Get ‘im boy!” Babelson commands, and the faithful hound tears out from the protection of the rock and lunges at the sahuagin. The sea devil brings its trident around, keeping Red from its face. It snaps at Red, hoping to rip the dog’s throat out, but Red twists away. The sahuagin hisses and stabs at Red with the trident, but again, Red twists and moves, barking and taunting the creature. And when the sahuagin raises its trident again, its arm suddenly turns a brilliant shade of yellow. Terrified, the sahuagin pauses just long enough for Red to spring and latch onto its throat with a vise-like grip. (D9) Red rides the sahuagin to the ground, ripping and tearing at its throat, killing it quickly. Babelson beams proudly when Red turns to face him, wagging his tail.
Hungry! Meat! Mel cries and flaps out toward the sahuagin…just as the first of three explosions burst around them.
Red yelps in pain as shrapnel from the cannon ball peppers his flank (D4). Mel avoids damage, being covered in sand. A second explosion sends a spray of water and grit twenty feet into the air, while a third thunders against the rocky spire, dislodging a boulder the size of the egg that falls off the back and lands a mere foot from where Egret is standing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 23/2
Babelson – 32/30
Dreys – 26/4
Egret – 9/9
Mirko – 51/9 (17 w/8 temp hp)

Red – 16/12
Squint – 31/-3 – fading fast

Alright fellers! One more ought to do it - who's gonna survive and who's gonna eat sand? Only the dice gods know! Talk to me.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pirate Attack 4.JPG (40.1 KB, 6 views)
__________________

  #87  
Unread 28th of March, 2007, 05:26
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko rushes Korman looking to prevent the coup de grace sure to come,
the damned pirate reputation was well earned still he’d die same as any, his armor has protected him so far and Mirko looks to turn that advantage against him, he grabs the pirates trying to bring the fight to the ground, his armor and axe wont help in such a fight
his friends are nearly dead but the tide has actually turned, most of the pirates are dead and he knows his companions will fight till the last drop of blood is taken from them

ya might be tough Korman, but i'm not alone!

he grabs hold of Korman making him eat sand

DREY!MEGO! get this M**F**



OOC:Mirko will wrestle Korman down, his main objective is to hold him down so his comrades can cut him down, if possible he’ll use his knife, bite or head butt, or push Korman underwater thinking his armor will work against him
Mirko'll bite his damned nose off
This fight is going to get Dirty!
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 28th of March, 2007 at 07:40.
  #88  
Unread 28th of March, 2007, 06:47
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego, reeling from the pain of his many wounds, looks and sees the pirate near the boat loading another bolt. He rushes the pirate, trying to get there before another bolt brings him down, and thrusts with his new favorite weapon. He pulls back a little, ready to use the rapier as a shield, but still going for a kill. What is that thumping sound, he thinks as more blood gushes from his chest. Now that my brother has paid for his sins I can die in peace if that is the God's will. He doesn't hear anything but the crash of the waves, the voice in his head and the strange thumping sound that is getting slower - the sound of his blood pumping.

(ooc: fighting defensively even though I know he goes first, but he may live from my assault, let's hope I do.)
  #89  
Unread 28th of March, 2007, 10:58
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys will step over the dead pirates in front of him and pooling all his power he has left he will go forth and attack the remaining two pirates in front of him.

"I said me name is Dreys Stoneshaft and yur goin to meet ye maker. Remember me when ye die..........you rotten bastards."

With that said Dreys will swing his mighty waraxe.

OCC: Coffee.......it looks as though there are two still alive in front of him, hope I didn't read the map wrong. If I did let me know and I will redo my post.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #90  
Unread 29th of March, 2007, 01:54
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.67 per day)
"Red! Mel! Get away from there!" Babelson yells while waving his sword arm wildly. The pair who are over the remains of the sahaguin are now directly in the path of the spiders who may turn looking for the next bit of lie flesh. Not being able to do much else, he looks to Egret with a sorrowful look. "They will be coming this way now. But on the bright side they should disappear after a few bites." He tries half-heartedly to smile.

[OOC: After dropping concentration they only last for 2 rounds. Here's hoping that they disappear before inflicting lots of strength damage!]
  #91  
Unread 29th of March, 2007, 04:25
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 14

Scenario 7 - Quick Post 14: Face Down!
Initiative Order: Mirko, Pirates, Egret, Squint, Dreys, Almego, Korman, Babelson


“Not to worry lad! Yer next in line fer me axe!” Korman sneers.
“Ya might be tough Korman, but I'm not alone!” Mirko says as he rushes the pirate, hoping to prevent the coup de grace sure to come. Korman raises his axe to finish the barbarian, but Mirko barrels into him, grabs him in a bear hug, and with a roar of strength, lifts and pile drives Korman into the sand! (D3)
Mirko knows the reputation of the pirate is well earned still, he’ll die the same as any man if he can hold him down long enough for his companions to help him.
Korman roars in fury and head butts Mirko in the face! (D1) Mirko’s eyes immediately fill with tears; the pain from a broken nose is intense. And ever so slightly, his grip loosens and Korman gets an arm free.
DREYS! ‘MEGO! Get this motherfucker!” Mirko roars as a wave slams into them, rolling them over, putting Korman on top.



Dreys steps over the dead pirates in front of him and pooling all the power he has left, he walks toward the lone remaining pirate.
"I said me name is Dreys Stoneshaft and yer goin to meet ye maker. Remember me when ye die..........ye rotten bastard."
“I’ll see ye in Hell, rock humper!” the pirate growls, charging with his sword raised high. Dreys charges too, raising his waraxe, and as the two pass each other, Dreys ducks and swings, hitting the pirate under the arm and crushing bone and flesh all the way to his neck! (D7) The pirate falls, rolling his eyes back at Dreys. “Dreys…St-Stoneshaft,” the pirate mumbles as he dies. Dreys is about to reply when Mirko’s call for help rattles him back to the battle at hand.


Almego, reeling from the pain of his many wounds, looks and sees the pirate near the boat loading another bolt. He rushes the pirate, trying to get there before another bolt brings him down. What is that thumping sound, he thinks as more blood gushes from his chest. Now that my brother has paid for his sins I can die in peace if that is the gods will. He doesn't hear anything but the crash of the waves, the voice in his head and the strange thumping sound that is getting slower - the sound of his blood pumping.
The pirate sees Almego coming, quickly aims and fires. The bolt whizzes by Almego’s ear close enough to burn it from the friction. And then Almego is on him…and runs him through with his rapier! (D7)
The pirate cries out and falls backward into the water taking Almego with him. Soaked and exhausted, Almego staggers out of the water…just as Mirko calls for help!

"Red! Mel! Get away from there!" Babelson yells while waving his sword arm wildly. The pair is now directly in the path of the spiders who may turn looking for the next bit of live flesh. Not being able to do much else, he looks to Egret with a sorrowful look. "They will be coming this way now. But on the bright side they should disappear after a few bites." He tries half-heartedly to smile.
The sorcerer doesn’t return the smile. Instead he peers out at the entangled sea devils (which are now dead) and ducks back as an explosion blows a hole in the sand near the dead sahuagin. Another explosion and then another showers Egret and Babelson with sand and grit, causing Red to bark and whine nervously and Mel to hiss and try to climb Babelson’s leg. Suddenly, a sahuagin leg lands near Red, having been blown off of the creature he killed.

MEAT! Mel purrs and pounces upon the leg, tearing and chewing.

Nearby, Mirko feels the spirit of the bear call to him again and he lunges upward, driving the blue-steel knife under Korman’s arm and into his lung! (C24 – rolled max Dmg!)
“How’d that feel, you prick!” Mirko growls, twisting the blade.
Korman cries out in agony and jerks his own knife free of his belt. “About…as good…as this is gonna feel, ye bastard!” He brings the knife down at Mirko’s chest…and the blade shatters against Mirko’s new breastplate!
Korman can’t believe it! And for a second or two all he can do is stare at the hilt in his hand. Veins pop out of his neck and bright red blood trickles from his mouth and he raises both fists and smashes Mirko in the face! (D8)
Mirko feels a bone in his face give from the assault as another wave crashes into them…but he doesn’t care anymore. He raises his knife for another attack as Korman laughs aloud…and picks up his battleaxe. “Game over, boy!” he grins, his teeth covered in blood.

Mirko glances at the axe, hears the roaring of the ocean, and then hears Korman’s battle cry. He glances back at Korman and sees a strange expression on his face. “Did that hurt?” he hears a familiar voice say. And then he notices the axe buried in the side of Korman’s neck! (D13)
Dreys jerks the waraxe free and steps back for another swing. “The name’s Dreys Stoneshaft – take it to Hell with ye!”
Korman rolls off of Mirko and tries to get up…but Mirko rises up behind him…fueled by rage alone, and drives the blue-steel knife deep in the pirate’s spine. (D12)
Korman’s ice blue eyes blink at Dreys once…and then he falls face down in the bloody sand.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Stats:
Almego – 23/2
Babelson – 32/30
Dreys – 26/4
Egret – 9/9
Mirko – 51/0 (8 w/8 temp hp) - about to pass out

Red – 16/12
Squint – 31/-7 – fading faster

Hot damn fellers! Is it over? Not quite! Talk to me.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pirate Attack 5.JPG (40.2 KB, 3 views)
__________________

  #92  
Unread 29th of March, 2007, 10:48
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
with heavy breathing Mirko smiles upon seeing Dreys ugly face moving towards Squint he tryes to stop the bleeding holding closed his open wounds, he looks for Babelson knowing he is better able to help squint, looks again towards his fiends and points towards the rock near by,
We need cover from those damned things
he looks towards the ship,
Our crew's still out there
he strives to hold as long as he can until the adrenalin coursing through his veins doesn’t help any more
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #93  
Unread 29th of March, 2007, 11:16
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dryes drops to a knee with his war axe holding him up. He surveys the seen. He points at both Mirko and Squint, "one of ye spell people help these here two out....Mirko needs help and Squint isn't doin good neither."

Taking deep breaths Dreys looks over himself and tries to stop his own bleeding. He will help Mirko with his wounds trying to bandage and piece together the open wounds. "this all me can do fer ye" saying to Mirko, "me don't have any of them there potions.......one of the others will be over to help ye out."

Dreys will bow his head and pray for strength and guidance.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."



Last edited by scbeachbum; 29th of March, 2007 at 12:39.
  #94  
Unread 29th of March, 2007, 12:13
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego stumbles over to the nearest rock outcropping and looks at the others with exhaustion in his face. "So what's the deal now? Are we going after the dwarves or fleeing?" I'd prefer the fleeing, with the state of health we're all in, but I doubt that'll be the plan. Almego calls the power into himself from the air around him and uses it to enhance his sight so that he can see what dweomer may be around. A useful healing potion hopefully?
  #95  
Unread 30th of March, 2007, 10:53
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 15

Scenario 7 - Quick Post 15: “Ask, and ye shall receive…”


Breathing heavily, Mirko smiles upon seeing Dreys ugly face. Crawling to Squint, he turns the Dwarf captain over and tries to stop the bleeding, holding closed his open wounds.
Dreys drops to a knee with his war axe holding him up. He surveys the scene and spies Almego stumbling toward them. He points at both Mirko and Squint. "One of ye spell people need to help these here two out....Mirko needs help and Squint isn't doin’ good neither."
Mirko looks for Babelson knowing he is better able to help Squint. Not seeing the Halfling, he looks again towards his friends and points towards the rock near by. “We need cover from those damned things,” he barely manages to say. He looks towards the ship and sees a lot of movement on deck. “Our crew's still out there…” he mumbles, barely able to keep upright. He smiles though when he no longer feels Squint’s blood running over his fingers…and that is the last he knows for awhile.
Almego nods and stumbles over to the nearest rock outcropping and looks at the others, Babelson and Egret, with exhaustion on his face. "So what's the deal now? Are we going after the dwarves or fleeing?" I'd prefer the fleeing, with the state of health we're all in, but I doubt that'll be the plan.
Babelson takes one look at his friend and asks, “How did the others fare?”
“Not too good,” Almego answers, leaning his head against the cool rock. “Squint’s down and so is Mirko, but I don’t know how bad they are hurt.”
Babelson nods and says, “Don’t move any closer – the swarm is free to do as it pleases and we are trying not to make ourselves noticeable.”
Almego glances beyond the Halfling and then backs slowly away. When clear of the rock he calls the power into himself from the air around him and uses it to enhance his sight so that he can see what dweomer may be around. A useful healing potion hopefully?

Taking deep breaths Dreys looks over his body and tries to stop his own bleeding. He stuffs torn pieces of rags into the wounds, wincing at the pain. He then checks Mirko and uses the last of a clean shirt to bandage and piece together the open wounds. "This all me can do fer ye," he says as he works on the barbarian. "Me don't have any of them there potions.......one of the others will be over to help ye out." Frustrated, Dreys bows his head and prays for strength and guidance.


When Red begins to growl, Babelson tightens his grip on his sword and glances at Egret. “Better get ready – something’s coming.”
Egret nods and grips his staff, feeling a little helpless, but determined not to go down without a fight. Babelson feels a tickling on his hand and turns his head slightly to see a tiny spider crawling along his fingers. His breathing stops and he waits to see if there is more than this lone arachnid.
Egret peers out to see where Almego went and his mouth drops open in surprise when he sees what is coming out of the surf.

Using dweomer sight, Almego finds the bag that Squint dropped on his way toward the fight. Inside it are three vials that glow a vibrant blue color. Smiling, he wheels around to announce his find…and the words blow away from him like the brisk wind along the shore.

“Dumathoin, we be needing yer help. We have good men down and dying and others captured. We be needing a sign to tell us what to do. Help me, lord, to be strong and to know what to do.”
No more have the words left his mouth than Dreys hears something that causes him to look up. His jaw drops open and he blinks sweat out of his eyes because he can’t believe what he is seeing.
Rising from the water around them are human-like creatures with silvery skin that fades into silver-blue scales on their stomachs and legs. Most have hair of deep blue with tints of green and their legs have fins. They wield tridents and oddly shaped crossbows; three are inspecting the longboat with the wounded pirate, but another seven are coming straight toward you.
One of them raises an arm to you in greeting and surveys the battle scene with an emotionless face. “I am Lorin of the Pearl Fields. The horn was sounded and we answered.” He says, his voice echoing like ocean waves in a sea cave. Lorin kneels down beside Squint and Mirko and briefly touches, Squint’s face, chanting softly. In seconds, Squint groans and looks up sees Lorin peering down at him with the faintest trace of a smile on his face.
“Am...Am I dead?” Squint asks. “The Bitch Queen…she came fer me.”
“She can’t have you yet, old friend.” Lorin says, taking Squint by the hand and helping him sit up. “You still owe me at least 1000 pearls before you die.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 23/2
Babelson – 32/30
Dreys – 26/4
Egret – 9/9
Mirko – 51/0 – out cold

Red – 16/12
Squint – 31/9

Whatcha think, fellers?
-g-
__________________

  #96  
Unread 30th of March, 2007, 11:03
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.64 per day)
Egret looks at the spiders.
Very softly, he notes. "Um. Can't you... dismiss... the spell?"

He looks at the scene with the tritons, then back.
__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.
  #97  
Unread 30th of March, 2007, 12:54
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys still with an open mouth looks at Lorin and says: "ifn ye be healin, me friend Mirko can use ye help."

Dreys hopes that these creatures are here for "good" things. They seem to know Ole Capt. Squint, but Dreys keeps one hand on his waraxe and the other holds the rags to his wounds; fearing they may be old rivals of Squint.

Dreys thinks to himself, "here we go again, another battle Squint hasn't informed us about."
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #98  
Unread 30th of March, 2007, 13:03
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego's jaw drops at the wierd looking creatures that just came upon the scene. Noting the scales, the green tint of their skin, and the fins that come straight out of their legs, he immediately thinks of the sea-devils he's been fighting lately. Not as beatial looking though, they seem to have an almost majestic quality to them. Obviously creatures of the sea, and obviously friends of Squints. Odd that. He removes one of the potions from the bag on his way to Mirko's body and sheathes his rapier in route. "This a healing draught Squint?" If he answers positively Almego takes his time carefully pouring it down Mirko's throat to revive the battered and bloody barbarian. After reviving the heroic elf Almego stands and introduces himself to the newcomers, "Greetings friends, I am Almego of Conyberry and travelling companion of Squint. I thank you for your aid in reviving our fallen leader, but what horn call do you speak of?" He glances up and notes the position of the ship with it's powerful cannons and adds, "perhaps it would be safest to discuss this over here," pointing to the rock nearby where Babelson and Egret are. He takes note of any magic that Korman the White may have while his dweomer-sight is still in effect, but doesn't go to retreive any such items quite yet, prefering to get under cover as quick as possible. He still clutches the bag of Squints in his hand and asks him, "Are any of these others healing draughts, and... may I?" He drinks one down if Squint affirms that that is indeed what they are and that Almego may have one.
  #99  
Unread 31st of March, 2007, 02:54
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.67 per day)
Running his cold blade across smooth stone Babelson gets his hands free and is backing away slowly. "Well, nature don't take that kindly to being called and dismissed. You kinda gotta let them run their coarse. Especially swarms. They have much less ability to understand direction. But they should be returning to where they came from any moment now..."

When Babelson gets to Mirko he lays his healing touch upon the barbaric friend.

[OOC: Cast CLW on him.]
__________________
mmmm... brains... or seed.
  #100  
Unread 31st of March, 2007, 03:45
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 16

Scenario 7 - Quick Post 16: Making Plans


“A thousand pearls my hairy ass!” Squint shouts, his face reddening as he struggles to get up. Lorin helps him and the he points a finger at the triton leader and says, “Now look here – that bet we had was fer a hundred pearls and then we went double or nothing a couple of times. Ain’t no way in hell I owe you 1000 pearls!”
Lorin smirks and pats Squint on the shoulder. “We tritons are never wrong when it comes to pearls, Phineas Squint.”
Dreys looks at Almego, whose mouth is still open in surprise, and then turns back to Squint. “Phineas? Is that yer real name?”
Squint’s face turns crimson and he blows out a large breath of air and points a stubby finger at Dreys…and then at Almego. “Don’t ye tell a soul or I’ll drown ye in yer sleep!”
Dreys nods, hides a smile, and looks at Lorin. “If’n ye be healin’, me friend Mirko can use ye help.”
Almego's jaw drops at the wierd looking creatures that just came upon the scene. Noting the scales, the green tint of their skin, and the fins that come straight out of their legs, he immediately thinks of the sea-devils he's been fighting lately. Not as bestial looking though they seem to have an almost majestic quality to them. Obviously creatures of the sea, and obviously friends of Squint. Odd that. He removes one of the potions from the bag on his way to Mirko's body and sheathes his rapier in route. "This a healing draught Squint?"
“Aye and there’s more in me…oh. I see ye found me bag. Pass ‘em out! Give one to Dreys too. Looks like he’s about to pass out next. I’ll bet me right nut we be needin’ all the healing we can get in a few minutes. Right Lorin?”
The triton nods and points toward the Reavers Blood – from this distance, you can tell they are raising anchor. “They prepare to flee back to their hole,” Lorin says, sounding slightly amused. “We can overtake them. Put an end to their piracy.”
“And exact a little revenge too, eh?” Squint asks as he gathers his gear.
“Korman the White has plagued my people for years. He has captured and sold many of us as slaves to our hated enemy the sahuagin! He buys their loyalty with slaves for their games and idolatry.” Lorin spits and anger flushes his cheeks a deeper shade of blue.

While the two old friends talk and make plans, Dreys sighs and helps Almego carefully pour one of the healing draughts down Mirko’s throat (H17). Great! Here we go again – another battle Squint hasn’t informed us about. Better drink mine too, while I can. (H19)
After reviving the heroic barbarian, Almego stands and introduces himself to the newcomers, "Greetings friends, I am Almego of Conyberry and traveling companion of Squint. I thank you for your aid in reviving our fallen leader, but what horn call do you speak of?" He glances up and notes the position of the ship with its powerful cannons and adds, "perhaps it would be safest to discuss this over here," pointing to the rock nearby where Babelson and Egret are.
Lorin glances at the ship and says, “They will waste no further ammunition on us now. They will wait until we pursue them before trying to destroy us.”
He lets that thought sink in and glances at Mirko as Dreys helps the barbarian to stand.
“The horn was blown not a week past by Angus Stoneshaft, ruler of Thornhold, and friend of the Pearl Fields. We have not heard the horn in many cycles and feared the longbeard dead. It thrilled our hearts to hear his call and to answer it.”
“It’s a damn good thing you answered it too, my friend!” Squint says. Then he glances at Dreys and says, “Fetch Egret and the Halfling. Tell ‘em we have company and a plan to go with them.”
“I’ll go with you,” Almego says, preferring to get under cover as quickly as possible. Regardless of what Lorin says, he doesn’t like being out in the open after seeing what those cannons can do. As he walks, he notes that Korman’s breastplate and axe give off a slight dweomer.

Egret looks at the spiders. Very softly, he notes. "Um. Can't you... dismiss... the spell?"
Babelson shakes his head. “Once I release my concentration on the swarm they are free to go as they please. I just don’t want them to think of us a meal option.”

Egret nods, looks at the scene with the tritons, then back.
“A Dwarf and the other sorcerer fellow are coming this way. Maybe I should warn them?”
“Hey, you fellers done getting all cozy back there?” Dreys shouts as they reach the rocky spire. “If so, we got another job to do. If not…well, I don’t wanna know about it.”
He laughs and elbows Almego in the ribs, who is feeling much better since drinking one of the healing potions (H20). Still, he thinks the rough Dwarf may have cracked another rib and gives him a glare that would wilt flowers.
Dreys doesn’t notice the glare, however, because he is staring at Babelson’s hand…and how it is somehow melded to the spire.
Babelson’s eyes are wild as he whispers, “Be quiet! The spiders will hear you!”
“Spiders? What spiders?” Dreys asks, looking around.
“The ones over there,” Egret says, pointing behind the dead sahuagin.
Almego looks and says, “I see nothing over there at all but except a couple of dead sahuagin all wrapped up in seaweed.”
Babelson chances a look and then smiles. “Guess the tide washed ‘em away.”
“Except for that tiny one chewing on your finger.” Egret says, pointing at the Hin’s hand.
Babelson yelps and brushes the spider away. He runs his cold blade across smooth stone and gets his hand free and backs away...as Mel, realizing the danger is past, flaps his wings and waddles toward the dead sahuagin to resume his meal.
"Well, nature don't take that kindly to being called and dismissed. You kinda gotta let them run their coarse. Especially swarms. They have much less ability to understand direction."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A few minutes later, after the dead pirates and sahuagin are gathered and thrown into the fire (except for Korman the White’s head), Squint and Lorin lay out a plan to take the Reaver’s Blood, which is now but a speck in the distant ocean.
“We can do this in the light or wait until dark, but here is the plan. Lorin has certain ‘friends’ that can help us catch up to the ship really fast. These dolphins are fast and strong and can drag us through the water to the ship. We are gonna take two of the longboats – one fer us and one fer me egg. Again, the dolphins will tow us. Once we get to the ship, we get onboard and take over. There are only two major threats – the priest of Umberlee and the first mate. If we take them down…the rest of the men will fall in line. Remember, we don’t want to kill everyone off – we just want to take the ship. Did I leave anything out, Lorin?”
“Only this – I can offer more healing now if needed, but I will not be able to help you once we are in battle or thereafter should you need it.” He looks at Mirko and Squint and raises his eyebrows in question.
“Also, do we attack now while they run…or wait for the cover of darkness?”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 23/22
Babelson – 32/30
Dreys – 26/23
Egret – 9/9
Mirko – 51/25 (Babelson also gave him a CLW for 8)

Red – 16/12
Squint – 31/9

Alright fellers - that might do it for me for a few days - I'll check back tonight when I get home (if I'm able) to answer any questions. Talk to me.
-g-
__________________

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren