Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 14:33
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.67 per day)
"I will not move. This poor creature could be used for good. Taught the way of the wild. And how NOT to be an abomination." Clutching the creature tightly while petting the bleeding Red ever so gently the halfling's words seemed tinged with determination that was formerly buried. He looks up directly into the dwarfs eyes, intent on not bending to someone else's will for once in his life.
  #77  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 14:57
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys grunts at Babelson and says, "me not understand at all, but ifn you be keepin that spawn, me want be stoppin you, but keep the damn thing out of me way." Dreys goes to tend to his companions.

As he goes and checks on his friends, once he sees everyone is doing ok he will go and set up watch looking down one of the caverns. The rage and anger seems to be easing and he chuckles to himself, "damn hafling, keeping a manticore cub, whoed a thought it, now we have another mouth to feed" he laughs at the thought.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #78  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 16:01
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko helps organize the survivors, still with a heavy brow from the frieds lost he prefers to focus on the living and on making sure no more harm comes to any that survived this day

seeing Almego, Mirko gives him a nod glad to see he made it

at a certain point he speaks to Babelson
hope you know what youre doing and the beast has more temple than some men Ive known, its hard to go against ones insctincts

After that he continues working on preparations for the return to the keep, as they work he gives Drey a hard slap on the shoulder,
well met Drey, that was a mother of a fight,
with a grin he nods in approval to the dwarf then continues working
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #79  
Unread 10th of February, 2007, 02:09
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Magical goodies

Originally Posted by elmer_jok # Almego helps sort through the booty while keeping his eyes out for things that radiate dweomer. He'll use his remaining spells available for the day to investigate each peice and determine the strength and school of the auras. He sees the trident and thinks to himself, Is that the same trident that seadevil wielded? The young sorcerer lays claim to one of the Flintlock Pistols and stuffs it into his pack.
Almego smiles as the following items begin to "glow" under his dweomer-enhanced vision:
  • Trident of Warning +1 - gleams with a silver sheen whenever an enemy of the wielder is within 100 feet.
  • Rapier +2
  • Breastplate of Talos - wearer has electricity resistance of +5 and damage reduction of 10.
  • Scimitar of Frost
  • Gold Ring of protection +1
  • Ornate leather belt - Blur Belt - 1/day wearer can cast Blur on self
  • Blue velvet pouch - Bag of Holding - Type 1
OOC: And don't forget about Veit's stuff - not doing him any good.
-g-
__________________

  #80  
Unread 10th of February, 2007, 15:00
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego turns and begins to relate what he's found to the rest of the group, "Look at all this wonderful stuff! Looks like our good efforts this day won't go unrewarded. I just wish we hadn't lost Viet and Armin." His eyes cloud up at the mention of his fallen comrades. "Let's get this stuff back to thornhold and we can split up the treasure there."
  #81  
Unread 12th of February, 2007, 05:07
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.67 per day)
Flanked by his 2 companions the small druid moves towards the body that red and the summoned wolf picked apart. With a pat on his head from Babelson Red growled at the body of the seawolf, knowing he did well. The hin picked up the scimitar which he would have thought was waay too heavy and large for him. Pleasantly surprised he made slashing motions through the air with it. Promptly sheathing it and never looking back to where he had dropped his own blade earlier.
__________________
mmmm... brains... or seed.
  #82  
Unread 14th of February, 2007, 11:31
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
when the party returns to the hold, Dreys will go off to himself to pay homage to Dumathoin. He will take one of the Tiger's eye and crush it in a crucible. He will make a past of the powder and apply the paste on the surrounding leaves of a tree or bush. " thank ye for purtectin me and my fellow companions." He will continue in prayer. After about thirty minutes he will go and find his companions and ask them to join him at the nearest tavern to throw back some ale.. Once there Dreys will say to the bar keep, "this be on me." he places his coin on the bar.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."



Last edited by scbeachbum; 14th of February, 2007 at 12:43.
  #83  
Unread 14th of February, 2007, 12:44
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
on the way to the keep, Mirko will help Drey carry some weight by drinking some of the beer
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #84  
Unread 14th of February, 2007, 14:23
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Seeing that Mirko is indulging in the beer on the trip back, the young Almego joins him, but keeps to just one or two pints. He doesn't ever want to get drunk like he was when Thornhold was assaulted. He whistles a few tunes on the journey, mostly farmstead songs or other 'folk' sounding stuff, but picks up a lively dwarven tune when they begin to near Thornhold. He doesn't give the great dwarven ballad enough justice, but it's still recognizable to any of the dwarves surely. He offers many compliments to the way everyone handled themselves on this trip and especially their brave leader, Karlov. Almego will try to learn more about the dwarf on his way back and carry on a conversation for the entire trip if he's willing to engage in such. Unless that is, if Karlov begins delving into Almego's life. He'll skirt any questions about himself with excuses like, "Nothing much." or "It's really not worth talking about." If Karlov, or anyone for that matter, presses the point he will just stop talking and brood quietly.
  #85  
Unread 18th of February, 2007, 13:47
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.67 per day)
Riding Red back towards town, Babelson's thoughts race about what he will do with the manticore cub that walks closely next to him. His experience tells the hin to slay the creature before it becomes a dangerous beast. But in his gut he feels the call of the creature and its lack of mother and its ability to help preserve the natural world, despite its bastard existence. Something about this particular manticore speaks to him. Why did he save it? Why can't he kill it? Why did it choose him? What will he name it?

The halfling is silent on the return journey. His thoughts and questions consume him. He wonders if the others will turn on him when he sleeps or they arrive. Will one of them allow the townsmen to kill him or the creature? While riding the trusty canine Babelson occasionally grabs a handful of dirt, mixes it with a leaf or two and shakes his hands full of sticks throwing them down into the pile on Red's back. Multiple times the druid does this, paying no attention to anyone else during the passing.
  #86  
Unread 19th of February, 2007, 17:21
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Epilogue

Scenario 6 – Epilogue

It was a long hard trek back to the Thornhold and with the prisoners and the extra supplies it took almost three days. The only bodies that weren’t eaten by the manticores or the seawolves were the dead Tremane children, Felicia and Wesley. When you made the climb back up to the road, you found a small cart – a present from Naythun the Lame, the Alaghi druid. You never saw him on the trip, but you could feel him with you nearly all the way.
The ponies bore the dead children back to Thornhold, but the cart was used for the food and kegs of beer that you hauled out of the caves. As well as for the burned and blackened corpses of Veit and Armin, which the ponies refused to carry no matter how they were cajoled or threatened.
The surviving Tremane children rarely spoke at all but merely stumbled along or took turns riding the ponies; they stayed close to the Bessmers all the way back. The Bessmers were somewhat quiet and reserved but helped out as they could. Cranston Hawkwinter, on the other hand, talked often with each of you, or at least tried to. Master Hawkwinter talked of the fineries of horseflesh and of his grandchildren. He even showed Almego how to hold and aim his new pistol.
Babelson remains quiet and to himself all the way back to Thornhold, often riding Red and keeping the manticore cub hidden from view. On the second night on the road, Red brought in a dead rabbit and Babelson took it and fed it to the hungry cub, but he took care that none of his companions saw his deed.
Beer was shared and food too, and Almego tried his best to whistle and sing some of the Dwarven songs that Karlov, Vann, and Dreys taught him. Mirko just laughed at them and poured the beer.
And when the walls of Thornhold loomed into view, the companions would swear they have never seen such a welcome sight.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“This better be good, Steele, for you to have roused me from my…sport.”
Kurlain stands naked before his servant, unashamed and fearless. His muscular body is almost entirely covered in short black soft fur, thickest down the center of his back and chest and between his legs.
Steele averts his eyes and keeps them averted and downcast. “It is, my master. The ranchers at Beliard are preparing for the culling of their cattle. By weeks end they will be ready for the drive.”
“And we shall be ready to do some culling of our own!” Kurlain smirks, sniffing the air loudly and licking his lips.
The sounds of moaning cause Steele to look past Kurlain to the inner, private chambers of his master. He catches a glimpse of naked flesh, sweaty legs entwined; his nose brings him the musky scent of sex.
Kurlain chuckles and says, “Perhaps I shall let you have some sport after we leave Beliard in bloody tatters.”
“Thank you, master.” Steele says, smiling.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

A lock of dark hair and the bones of three fingers…trophies he’s kept with him for three years. “No, not trophiesss,” he hisses, flexing the muscles in his thick neck. “Not trophiesss – but chainsss that hold me down. When will it end?”
The mighty warrior rises from his pallet and steps outside, gazing into the stormy heavens above. The swamp is alive even in the face of the approaching winter and the warrior draws in a deep breath and savors every smell.
“What troublesss you, my prince?” a crackling voice asks.
The prince’s yellowish eyes slide to the right and he says, “The sssame thing that alwaysss troublesss me, Old Saur. My family…their killer…he…”
His words drop off and he growls deep in his chest, flexing his sharp talons in frustration. “How long shall I be tormented with my dreamsss?” he asks, as an aged shaman steps out of the shadows of a swamp cypress.
The shaman lays a clawed hand on the prince’s shoulder and says, “Not much longer, my prince.”
The prince hisses in surprise and asks, “What do you mean, Old Saur?”
The shaman reaches out to touch the small leather pouch that dangles from the prince’s neck – the pouch that holds a lock of dark curly hair and a trio of finger bones.
“He isss coming, my prince.”
The prince swallows hard, his heart pumping loudly in his massive chest. “Who? Who comesss?”
“The one who killed your clan. The one who dreamsss asss you do. Who cannot rest until you are dead.”
The prince snorts and lifts his head once again toward the stormy heavens. He closes his eyes and remembers his clan, his family being hunted and slain, his own mother shielding him with her dead body so that he could survive. She gave him the small leather pouch before she died. She said they were trophies that belonged to his father…the king. Three years he has waited…and now his wait is over.
“Let him come.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thus ends Scenario 6................
__________________

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren