Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 11:14
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego darts quickly to the right to avoid the flaming ball and pulls the necklace from his next in one swift motion. "Don't attack my pet." He sends the amber nugget hurling across the cave at the manticore, hoping the monstrous centipede will be able to distract the beast while the rest of his team deals with the seawolves. Almego though has other plans. He shoulders his bow once again and pulls forth his quarterstaff with lightning speed and heads toward the manticore pups. He wades into the nest with a silent fury bashing each upon the head before they can amount a defense. This may just be my undoing.
  #52  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 11:15
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Temporarily Playing Viet, until he returns.

Viet struggle from within the net, trying to break free and calling for help. "Help!" he yells at whoever will listen.
  #53  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 12:10
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
After trying to dodge the fire ball, Dreys will unsheath his bow and aim at the seawolf just over his head. Dreys will keep firing (if alive) at the seawolf until he has to start in on the manticore.

Dreys sees his companions in the netting but is too far away to help, for now, and he can not reach the spellcaster so he will attack the seawolf over his head.

OCC:
1. attack seawolf, as long as needed
2. begin attack on manticore
3. if still alive, attack whatever else is around
4. shit pants
5. clean pants
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #54  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 12:10
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko throws the burning oil to the manticore as he runs in charge to cut it to pices
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #55  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 15:20
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 9

Scenario 6 – Quick Post 9: Burn baby, burn!
Initiative Order: Almego, Mirko, Manticore, Dwarves, Babelson/Red, Seawolves/Centipede, Dreys, & Veit

Almego darts quickly to the right to avoid the flaming ball and pulls the necklace from his next in one swift motion. "Don't attack my pet." He sends the amber nugget hurling across the cave at the manticore, hoping the monstrous centipede will be able to distract the beast while the rest of his team deals with the seawolves. The amber nugget hits the cavern wall and shatters, releasing an ochre smoke that almost immediately begins to transform.
“Eat this too!” Mirko shouts, hurling the flask at the manticore. The flask hurtles end over end and smashes against the manticore’s shoulder! The volatile liquid ignites immediately and the manticore screeches in agony! (D6) The creature falls on the ledge and begins to roll around, quickly smothering the flames. Limbs quivering from the lingering effects of the alchemist’s fire, the manticore lurches to its feet and comes face to face with a huge voracious centipede! The dark green monster hopes the manticore will be its first meal since it was trapped within the nugget, years ago. It attacks eagerly, biting at the manticore’s chest, but getting on a mouthful of tawny fur.

As Armin tries to free Veit, Karlov draws a dagger from his belt and hurls it at the seawolf on the ledge above him. The seawolf’s armor deflects the dagger as it leaps upon Karlov, hacking at him with a longsword as it descends, but Karlov avoids the blade. Vann attacks the seawolf as soon as he hits the ground, charging in with a roar of rage. The seawolf tries to defend against the Dwarf, but Vann’s axe cleaves the seawolf from neck to nuts, killing it almost instantly! (C36) But the two Dwarves have no time to celebrate because a large flaming sphere is mere feet from them!

"He's mine!" Babelson yells, hugging low to his childhood friend and spurring him on. The valiant canine charges forward towards the manticore pups, intending to draw out the mother into a more susceptible position for the rest of the party. What could very well end up as his undoing as he barrels towards the spellcaster. With the words dripping from his lips he holds until within range "Illuminous Dazm". A burst of bright light flares to life right before the seawolf sorcerer. The man cries out and flinches away, diving toward the nest. He looks up from the straw to see the strange Halfling dismount leap from the hound’s back, near the nest and the hissing cubs.
The sorcerer moves his arm and the flaming sphere rolls rapidly to Babelson, catching him just as he reaches the edge of the nest. Babelson and Red yelp in surprise, diving into the nest, narrowly escaping the sphere that singes the hair on their toes! (Reflex saves! Dammit!)

“Help!” Veit yells as Armin struggles to get the net off the priest. Seeing the fiery ball turn away from them, Dreys tucks his axe in his belt and unshoulders his bow. As he reaches for an arrow, the seawolf above him leaps down right on top of him! Dreys has time to cry out before the seawolf slashes his face and chest with short but sharp talons (D6). Then, as Dreys tries to shake the creature loose, the seawolf bites Dreys in the arm! (D3) Dreys feels his bowels almost loosen as the slavering seawolf, its face looking more and more like that of its namesake, tries to rip off his face.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Current Stats:
Almego – 19/17 – Shield (AC19 – 23 vs. ranged)
Babelson – 21/21
Dreys – 26/17
Mirko – 51/41
Veit – 25/25 - netted!

Karlov – 57/57
Vann – 48/25
Armin – 17/17
(All covered by Bless - +1 morale to attack and save vs. fear)

Okay fellers - here is one round of combat - I wanted to do more, but after I looked at the map, I thought you might want to post new actions - if not, that's cool, just let me know. Whoohoo! Three posts in one day! Hot damn!
Talk to me.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Manticore Map 8.JPG (25.6 KB, 4 views)
__________________

  #56  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 15:35
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko eyes glaze over with bloody rage, charging to the manticore

I’ll BRING THE DAMNED BIRD DOWN!!!


Mirko takes advantage of his full weight his legs propel him to the air exploding like a tight crossbow string, he jumps to fighting blade tooth and nail

Mirko takes the big blue knife holding it high in both hands and jumps with all his might to catch the manticore in a deaths embrace, pushing the steel deep in the manticores flesh, looking to carve his heart from its rib cage

Rage +4str/ +4 con/-2 ac (+2 to hit/+3 damage(two handed))
use weapon two handed +6 damage
power attack (two handed)(-3 to hit/+6 damage)

Blues Steel Big F**Knife
+8 to hit/Damage:1d6+15/crit:17-20x3

__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 2nd of February, 2007 at 05:45.
  #57  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 16:17
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego quickly changes his mind about his previously thought out strategy and instead of clubbing the baby manticores he lets loose with a ray of enfeeblment at the mother. "Debil'itatius!" he says while pointing his finger at the bitch of a manticore. Hoping the ray strikes true he doesn't watch to see and instead turns to help Viet out of the net he's stuck in. "Hold on buddy, I'll get ya out. We're gonna need ya!" Hopefully your morningstar is all that we'll need.
  #58  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 17:48
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys hears Mirko and says with a devilish grin, "hold yer nickers, me comin", as Dreys gets to Mirko he says, "throw me now". Dreys will step into Mirko's hands and helps launch himself. With waraxe ready for slashing, he raises his arms and proclaims, "eat me shorts you ugly bitch". Dreys (hopefully) hits the manticore with all his might and falls to the ground trying to inflict as much damage as he can muster.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #59  
Unread 2nd of February, 2007, 07:18
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 10

Scenario 6 – Quick Post 10: Rare or Roasted Meat
Initiative Order: Almego, Mirko, Manticore, Dwarves, Babelson/Red, Seawolves/Centipede, Dreys, & Veit


Almego quickly changes his mind about his previous strategy and instead of clubbing the baby manticores he lets loose with bluish ray, hoping to enfeeble the mother. “Debil'itatius!" he says while pointing his finger at the bitch of a manticore. Hoping the ray strikes true, he doesn't watch to see, he turns to help Veit out of the net.

Mirko eyes glaze over with bloody rage, charging toward the manticore. He sees the bluish ray from Almego’s fingers strike the beast, staggering it momentarily. But it recovers quickly and gathers its legs to launch from the ledge.
“I’ll BRING THE DAMNED BIRD DOWN!!!” the barbarian roars running hard toward the ledge. His timing is almost spot on as he takes advantage of his weight and height, propelling himself into the air – exploding like a tight bow string – just as the manticore leaps from her perch. Holding the big blue knife high in both hands, Mirko jumps with all his might, hoping to catch the manticore in deaths embrace…and the gods are gracious, but not as he had hoped.
The manticore times his jump perfectly and indeed embraces HIM! Talons rip his head and face (D9) and hind legs tear bloody furrows down his legs (D7). Mirko screams in rage-laced agony as the manticore literally bites off the left side of his face, ear and all, leaving it dangling to his neck by a thin thread of sinew! (D7)
“SONUVABITCH!!” Mirko roars as blood spurts from his head and pours down his face. With all his remaining strength, he jabs upward, driving the blue steel blade into the manticore’s throat! (D17)

“Thanks for the help,” Armin says, greeting Almego before turning to gape at the death battle between the barbarian and the manticore. "Hold on buddy, I'll get ya out. We're gonna need ya!" Almego says, pulling and tugging at the net. Hopefully your morningstar is all that we'll need.
Karlov’s cry of warning causes them to pause and they look up to see him dragging Vann as hard as he can…with the flaming sphere hot on their heels! “He’s sick or something and that damn sphere…it’s gonna fry us all if we don’t get out of here.”
Armin and Almego look up and their mouths drop open in shock – the flaming sphere is indeed right on top of them. Veit starts thrashing and screaming, which only entangles him further. And then the Dwarven priest shrieks and tries to point above them. Almego wheels around just as the hungry centipede buries its mandibles in the top of his shoulder! (D13) Almego cries out in surprise and is jerked upward as the centipede recoils on itself, taking him with it, seeking the ledge for a quiet meal. Willing himself not to succumb to the poison, the desperate warrior manages to stave off its effects, but it leaves him barely able to resist.
The sounds of screaming and the smell of burnt flesh assail Dreys as he hears his companions being roasted alive. But he really can’t think about it because he has his own problems – a 300 pound creature is trying to eat him alive! The seawolf leaps at him with tooth and claw, but Dreys slips out of its grasp, his shield bearing the creature’s weight and keeping it from him. “Eat this!” Dreys yells and slams his waraxe into the seawolf’s side, breaking its left arm and cracking several ribs (D14).
The seawolf takes a step back and then leaps at him again, but Karlov steps in front of his nephew and takes the brunt of the attack. The Dwarven captain ignores the missing flesh from his arm (D8), as he swipes his axe along the seawolf’s stomach (D11). The creature howls in agony as its entrails threaten to spill out on the cavern floor but then suddenly it’s howls are cut off…by Dreys axe in the side of its neck! (D11)
Then suddenly, Armin, his clothes ablaze and his flesh bubbling, comes tearing by them, screaming in unholy agony, heading back into the corridor – a staggering torch in the dark.
Karlov calls after him and then turns back to see Vann, his face very pale and bathed in sweat, leaning against the wall…as the sphere cooks Veit alive!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Current Stats:
Almego – 19/4 – Shield (AC19 – 23 vs. ranged)
Babelson – 21/21
Dreys – 26/17
Mirko – 51/20 (+8 from rage)
Veit – 25/13 – netted and burning!

Karlov – 57/57
Vann – 48/25
Armin – 17/5 – and on fire!
(All covered by Bless - +1 morale to attack and save vs. fear)

Fellers, this post is only 3/4 done but I wanted to get it online for you to read over - I have a meeting to go to and won't get finished until tonight. Still have Babelson's actions but feel free to post at will! Holy shit! This is only gonna get bloodier!
Back at you later.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Manticore Map 9.JPG (25.8 KB, 4 views)
__________________


Last edited by hedgeknight; 2nd of February, 2007 at 11:25.
  #60  
Unread 2nd of February, 2007, 12:05
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
the pain drives Mirkos rage to a new height, he braces himself for the fall and to jump on the beast with renewed strength, he rolls absorbing the impact and springs back on the manticore

a mad man carving a turkey he’ll keep plunging the knife on the beast as long as his arms will obey him

Rage +4str/ +4 con/-2 ac (+2 to hit/+3 damage(two handed))
use weapon two handed +6 damage
power attack (two handed)(-3 to hit/+6 damage)

Blues Steel Big F**Knife
+8 to hit/Damage:1d6+15/crit:17-20x3
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #61  
Unread 2nd of February, 2007, 13:41
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 11

Scenario 6 – Quick Post 11: “Let the bodies hit the floor!”
Initiative Order: Almego, Mirko, Manticore, Dwarves, Babelson/Red, Seawolves/Centipede, & Dreys


Watching one of his friends fighting for his life with the mother manticore is almost overwhelming for the young Hin; as is hearing another scream as he dies. But Babelson knows he must act and quickly turns away from the horrific sight and blocks his hearing with his ungainly hands. His mind reaches back to earlier talks with forest spirits past and invokes nature’s blessing for some aid.
As Red streaks toward the seawolf, a form begins to materialize in front of him. Even with the hound bearing down on him, the sick bastard is enjoying cooking his friends. Babelson knows full well the dangers of letting a spellcaster live. He knows he does not want to be the one that makes that mistake then not be alive to regret it.
A large dark gray wolf solidifies just a few feet away, strangely calm amid the chaos of the cavern battle. The wolf turns large hazel eyes on Babelson and raises its ears in expectation as the Hin draws steel and charges the seawolf!
But Red reaches the evil sorcerer first…well, almost. Babelson opens his mouth to scream a warning when he sees the seawolf point his arm at Red. For a second the sorcerer’s hand coalesces with a black sparkling energy and bursts forth in a shape vaguely like an arrow that strikes Red full in the chest. Red yelps in agony as his fur and flesh is eaten away by the magical acid bolt (D6). But Red only slows for a moment before he leaps at the seawolf, his teeth latching onto the creature’s forearm. The seawolf screams when Red’s powerful jaws crush its forearm (D9) before he shakes off the hound. Suddenly unsure, the seawolf draws a thin rapier…just as Babelson and the wolf reach him!

The manticore roars in anger and pain. Her old wounds have reopened and the barbarian’s attack (along with his weight) damaged her greatly; she knows she is going to have to land. So, she grips her prey tighter and tucks her wings, hoping to crush him with her body.
The pain drives Mirko’s rage to a new height and he braces himself for the impact with the cavern floor which is mere heartbeats away. He jerks the knife from the manticore’s throat a split second before impact…and then for several seconds, the barbarian knows nothing but pain.

Pulling himself out of the darkness, Mirko rolls to his knees and sits up…and roars in agony. Several ribs are broken and his left arm hangs useless (D10) and he’s pretty sure there is internal damage. But then the rage kicks in and he pushes himself forward, bones cracking and springs back at the manticore. Bestial and bloody, Mirko dives on top of the severely wounded manticore and drives the knife to the hilt under its right wing (D20). The manticore screeches and whips its tail in death, flinging spikes at the barbarian in one final vindictive move. Mirko jerks as the spikes embed in him, but he keeps plunging the knife into the dead manticore until the blood pours out of him and he falls forward onto the bloody carcass. (He’s at -3 and fading fast!)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Current Stats:
Almego – 19/4 – Shield (AC19 – 23 vs. ranged)
Babelson – 21/21
Dreys – 26/17
Mirko – 51/ -3 and slipping into darkness!
Veit – 25/-6 – cooking quickly!

Karlov – 57/57
Vann – 48/12 – poisoned!
Armin – 17/-3 – and still burning!
(All covered by Bless - +1 morale to attack and save vs. fear)

Whoooboy! Just a quick follow up for what I didn't get finished this afternoon. Mirko's battle with the manticore was incredible! Talk to me fellers cause there ain't but one battle post remaining in this one!
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Manticore Map 10.JPG (26.9 KB, 3 views)
__________________

  #62  
Unread 2nd of February, 2007, 15:04
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys looks around and sees all the distruction taking place within the cavern. "holy mother of Talen; this one messed up place." Dreys sees that the fireball is between him and the manticore so he turns his attention to the babies. He rushes head long into the nest looking to pick off the babies. "yur momma is dead and you be followin her to hell." He raises his waraxe and buries it into the skull of the first baby shitzu nearest him.

"death be to the spawn of evil"
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #63  
Unread 2nd of February, 2007, 17:43
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko gathers enough strength to lift his head he spits on the Manticore carcass a grin on his face, darkness dims his vision but he knows his friends will be safe
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #64  
Unread 3rd of February, 2007, 03:16
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.67 per day)
Thinking it possibly not too late, Babelson leaves the wolf and Red to hopefully handle the mage.

"Too late for what...?" The hin mumbles aloud.
Not too late to stop the bloodshed. The child may yet be useful.... The voice in his mind sounds like his own, but the knowledge he is receiveing is definitely not.
"What can I do...?" He speaks, louder, to himself. Possibly enough for some other members to hear.
Talk to them. Stop the blood. They are only pups. Once again the mysterious voice provides direction.
"WAIT!" Babelson says loudly, running to get between Dreys and the manticore children. Laying down his own weapon the druid moves closer to the baby, putting his body directly in harm's way while completely unarmed. Hands held high he lets out a few sounds of squeaks and bird whistles and silently he hopes he did the right thing and that today is not his day to die.

If it is, Toriil mother, please allow my dust to become part of some beautiful bird. So that I may soar in your honor.

[OOC: Speak to the manticore that looked for me before in druidic. Do the wild empathy check.]
  #65  
Unread 3rd of February, 2007, 08:49
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
"Not me you overgrown bug! I'm your master! Obey me!" The young sorcerer yells at the giant centipede as he trys to wriggle free of its grasp and keep his head from getting bit off at the same time. That's what I get for assuming it would fight for me, damn lizardman magic! After it becomes apparent that the bug isn't going to listen to him he'll yell out to his allies, "Please, Help me!" If he manages to break free of the bugs hold he'll do all he can to keep the bug from biting him again while he withdraws to a safe distance away from it.

(ooc: dex check to try and free myself from its hold. If I free myself I'll go on full defense and try to withdraw to the opposite side of the room.)
  #66  
Unread 3rd of February, 2007, 14:09
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys sees Babelson step in front of him. "what che be doin? get out of me way, me got spawn to kill" he says forcefully to Babelson. Dreys will attempt to go around him.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #67  
Unread 4th of February, 2007, 00:42
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 12

Scenario 6 – Quick Post 12: Not Too Late
Initiative Order: Almego, Dwarves, Babelson/Red, Seawolves/Centipede, Dreys


Mirko gathers enough strength to barely lift his head. He spits on the Manticore’s bloody carcass with a grin on his face. As darkness dims his vision he knows his friends will be safe. It’s a good thing he is unaware of what is really happening!

"Not me you overgrown bug! I'm your master! Obey me!" The young sorcerer yells at the giant centipede as he tries to wriggle free of its grasp and keep his head from getting bit off at the same time. That's what I get for assuming it would fight for me, damn lizardman magic! Try as he might, he can’t break free from the monstrous centipede – its quickness is amazing. “Please, help me!” Almego calls out, feeling his bladder loosen as the centipede coils to strike again.
But instead of the mandibles hitting him, goop from the centipede’s head splashes in Almego’s face and chest! He wipes the goop from his eyes as the centipede quivers in death; the fletching of a crossbow bolt is clearly seen protruding from the side of its head! Glancing down at the cavern floor, Almego can hardly see anything – but is shocked to see the flaming sphere suddenly disappear and plunge the cavern into gloomy shadows. But he hears a gruff voice say, “That makes us even, lad! Now, get off yer ass and get down here! We need ye!”
In reply, Almego grins and then abruptly vomits all over the ledge.

Dreys looks around and sees all the destruction taking place within the cavern. "Holy mother of Talen; this one messed up place." Suddenly, the flaming sphere winks out, and Karlov raises his crossbow and fires, killing the centipede that is about to eat Almego. With the fire out, Vann staggers toward the burning priest, mumbling something about “Jolly’s sack.” Seeing Mirko and the manticore down and unmoving, he turns his attention to the cubs which have wandered out of the nest.
"Yer momma is dead and you be followin’ her to hell." Dreys yells, raising his waraxe and rushing toward the closest cub. “Death be to the spawn of evil!”

As his companions, rip and tear at the seawolf, it suddenly dawns on Babelson that it may not be too late. "Too late for what...?" The Hin mumbles aloud, stepping back from the battle.
Not too late to stop the bloodshed. The child may yet be useful.... The voice in his mind sounds like his own, but the knowledge he is receiving is definitely not.
"What can I do...?" He speaks, louder, to himself; possibly loud enough for some other members to hear.
Talk to them. Stop the blood. They are only pups. Once again the mysterious voice provides direction.

Looking around behind him, he sees Dreys moving toward the cubs, and with waraxe raised, the Dwarf’s intent is clear.
"WAIT!" Babelson says loudly, running to get between Dreys and the manticore children. Laying down his own weapon the druid moves closer to the baby, putting his body directly in harm's way. Hands held high he lets out a few sounds of squeaks and bird whistles and silently he hopes he did the right thing and that today is not his day to die. If it is, Toril mother, please allow my dust to become part of some beautiful bird. So that I may soar in your honor.

”What ye be doin’? Get out of me way, me got spawn to kill" Dreys says forcefully to Babelson, attempting to go around him. The cub at Babelson’s feet hisses and moves away from the angry Dwarf.

“Listen to me!” Babelson pleads. “This one is special! I don’t know how I know, I just know it. It is to be spared!”
Dreys grits his teeth and then catches a glimpse of another cub waddling toward its dead mother. With a growl, the Dwarf steps away from Babelson and charges the cub. Babelson starts to intervene when he hears a small, scared voice in his head. Are you my momma now?

Against the angered hound and wolf, the seawolf sorcerer doesn’t last long. Flashes of fur are all that can be seen in the shadows, along with snarls and yelps, growling and the sounds of pain. And then after a few seconds, all is quiet.
Red comes limping out of the shadow, whimpering and in obvious pain. His front leg is broken and his back is just a bloody mass of fur and flesh. When Babelson sees his friend, it staggers him and he wonders how the hound is still alive. (He has 1 hp.)

It soon becomes apparent that somehow you survived this battle. Vann is kneeled down beside Mirko, cradling the barbarian as he rubs a jelly-like paste on the side of his head. (H10) Almego has managed to crawl down from the ledge and although his legs are still wobbly, he can’t stop grinning.
Until he sees Babelson and the manticore cub sitting in the Hin’s lap, gnawing on a button on his shirt.
Gods be good! What has the Halfling done now?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Current Stats:
Almego – 19/4 – Shield (AC19 – 23 vs. ranged)
Babelson – 21/21
Dreys – 26/17
Mirko – 51/10 and coming back around.
Veit – 25/-10 – extra crispy!

Karlov – 57/57
Vann – 48/7 – poisoned and getting weaker
Armin – 17/-10 – extra crispy!
(All covered by Bless - +1 morale to attack and save vs. fear)

Remaining healing available:
  • Cure Light Wounds - 2 potions
  • Cure Moderate Wounds - 1 potion
  • Jar of Keoghtum's Ointment – 2 applications
  • 3 Scrolls of Neutralize Poison
Morning fellers! And congrats on surviving the battle! Whoohoo - had a blast, hope you did too. Talk to me and give me your immediate actions. Vann managed to save the healing sack, but he's fading fast from poison. And then there's the manticore cub dilemna, oh and the bodies, OH and the captives - are they still alive? Are there other seawolves???
Is the battle really over????????
Talk to me.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Manticore Map 11.JPG (25.7 KB, 5 views)
__________________

  #68  
Unread 4th of February, 2007, 12:18
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Dreys looks at Babelson and says, "what cha doin? purtectin that spawn cub. You be out of yer mind if ye think me goin to let one live." He steps towards Babelson and the cub he is protecting. "out of me way, hafling."

Dreys will step by Babelson towards the cub. And if he has a shot he will take it.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #69  
Unread 4th of February, 2007, 18:17
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko takes in a deep and desperate breath, his hands grabbing from his weapon instinctively he hits the Manticore carcass again
looking around wild-eyed and trying to make sense of the situation, he breaths again seen and making sure the beast is dead
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #70  
Unread 4th of February, 2007, 23:00
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Originally Posted by scbeachbum # Dreys looks at Babelson and says, "what cha doin? purtectin that spawn cub. You be out of yer mind if ye think me goin to let one live." He steps towards Babelson and the cub he is protecting. "out of me way, hafling."

Dreys will step by Babelson towards the cub. And if he has a shot he will take it.
OOC: Reread the end of my last post - the manticore cub is sitting in Babelson's lap. Do you still plan to attack it?
-g-
__________________

  #71  
Unread 4th of February, 2007, 23:39
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
OCC: guess not. didn't read it that way the first time. sorry.
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #72  
Unread 7th of February, 2007, 09:04
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego wipes the vomit from his still smiling lips and begins to carefully climb down from the ledge. His clothes are torn, his breastplate covered in blood and green stuff and he looks like he's been taken for a hell of a ride, but the smile upon his face is enough to make him look like the luckiest man alive - which he may just be. "Let 'im wack that little turkey Balbo! Them things will grow to be just like its mother if'n ya let it!" I wonder if its put a dweomer upon the poor halfling, charmed him or something. Or maybe freaks flock alike. Hehe. With pain the likes of which he's never felt before flowing through his body Almego stumbles his way over to where Vann is sitting with the healing bag. He reaches in and grabs the first potion his hand can find and drinks it down in one big grateful gulp. Looking over at the well-done dwarfs he thinks, What a shame... Glad to have known ya gents.
  #73  
Unread 7th of February, 2007, 14:35
scbeachbum's Avatar
scbeachbum
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member: #2433
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
"Hafling, you better be tellin me why not to kill them there cubs, me don't understand yer thinkin." Dreys will look square into Babelson's eyes, waiting for his answer. "you better give me a good reason or they be dead before yer next breath." Dreys waits....................
__________________
"I'm your huckleberry."


  #74  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 02:30
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 13

Scenario 6 – Quick Post 13: Rescue and Recovery

Almego wipes the vomit from his still smiling lips and begins to carefully climb down from the ledge. His clothes are torn, his breastplate covered in blood and green stuff and he looks like he's been taken for a hell of a ride, but the smile upon his face is enough to make him look like the luckiest man alive - which he may just be. "Let 'im wack that little turkey Balbo! Them things will grow to be just like its mother if'n ya let it!" I wonder if its put a dweomer upon the poor Halfling, charmed him or something. Or maybe freaks flock alike. Heh.
Dreys looks at Babelson and says, "Yeah, what cha doin’ purtectin’ that spawn cub? You be out of yer mind if ye think me goin’ to let one live." He steps towards Babelson and the cub in his lap. "Stay out of me way, Halfling."
Babelson looks up at Dreys and Red begins to growl a warning. “Back off and don’t threaten me again. I don’t know you, but I WILL hurt you if you come any closer.”
"Halfling, you better be tellin’ me why not to kill that there cub - me don't understand yer thinkin’." Dreys looks square into Babelson's eyes, waiting for his answer. "Ye better give me a good reason or...URK!”
Dreys words choke off as a strong hand grabs him by the back of his collar and hauls him backward before slinging him to the ground. Dreys grabs his axe and is about to jump up and fight when he looks up to see Karlov standing over him.
The Dwarven captain points a stubby finger at Dreys, his eyes boring into the lad. “If’n ye know what’s good fer ye, NEPHEW, ye’ll stay down and cool off! Get up and I’ll bust yer head. Ye outta know better than threaten one of yer companions in battle.”

While Karlov disciplines his nephew, Mirko takes in a deep and desperate breath to calm his nerves. His hands grab his weapon instinctively and he hits the manticore carcass again. He looks around wild-eyed, trying to make sense of the situation. He takes another deep breath and makes sure the beast is dead. As his gaze clears, he sees Vann, severely wounded and in a lot of pain, hobble toward him, dragging the bag of healing potions and ointments. With a groan, Vann sits down heavy next to the barbarian and leans back against the dead manticore.
With pain the likes of which he's never felt before flowing through his body. Almego stumbles his way over to where Vann is sitting with the healing bag. He reaches in and grabs the first potion his hand can find and drinks it down in one big grateful gulp. (H13) Looking over at the well-done dwarfs he thinks, what a shame... Glad to have known ya gents.
Almego and Mirko pass out the healing, saving Vann’s life just in time, and once everyone has had a taste of it and a bit of a rest, the long process of searching through the cavern begins. It takes most of the day – you find four more smaller caverns farther down, the last two being very close to the beach and both having water access.
In one cave you find six survivors – all human – four adults and two children. They are barely alive and terrified. Karlov knows one of them and once this contact is established, the others relax, grateful for your presence. They are:
  • Cranston Hawkwinter – a noble from Waterdeep who was traveling to Leilon to look at some horses.
  • Samuel and Gracie Bessmer – an elderly couple and friends of Master Hawkwinter.
  • The two children are Giles and Carrie Tremane of House Tremane in Waterdeep. They and their parents and two siblings were traveling to Neverwinter to stay with family for the winter. Their parents were eaten by the manticores and their eldest sister, Felicia, was the dead girl who staggered into the camp on the road; their eldest brother, Wesley, died in the manticore’s nest having been feasted upon by the cubs.

The survivors tell you that there were two other seawolves who fled the lower caverns once the battle above ended; they don’t know if they will return. The cavern closest to where the people where kept is full of stolen goods. In the cavern you find the following:
  • Several barrels of salted pork, fish, and beef, along with a barrel of pickles, a few kegs of beer, wheels of cheese, and sealed boxes of flour and cornmeal; there are also two or three barrels of fresh water.
  • An arsenal of weapons – at least two dozen swords – including a gleaming trident and a particularly a nice rapier
  • A vast array of shields, helms, boots, leather armor, chain shirts, scale mail, a breastplate with an engraved lightning bolt on a standard
  • Two flintlock pistols (like Captain Squint has)
  • Six vials of a dark viscous liquid
  • A small chest of loose jewelry
  • A bag of 10 tiger eye gems
  • Approximately 400 gold and 3000 silver

From the seawolf sorcerer:
  • A very nice scimitar
  • A plain gold ring
  • An ornate leather belt
  • A blue velvet pouch – with a lot of room on the inside!

From Veit’s crispy corpse:
  • Scale mail and large metal shield (scorched but otherwise okay)
  • Morningstar and sickle (slightly blackened but okay)
  • Wand of CLW
  • Flask of Fire Breath

The night is long and troublesome and you have difficulty sleeping, not knowing if the seawolves may return. When morning comes, you begin the climb out of the caves and back up to the road. The air is crisp and cold and after a few hours of struggling with the survivors and any “booty” you bring along, you finally make it up the road and the ruined caravan. From there, it’s gonna be a long walk back to Thornhold.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Current Stats:
Almego – 19/17 – Shield (AC19 – 23 vs. ranged)
Babelson – 21/21

Red – back up to full hp
Dreys – 26/17
Mirko – 51/30
Veit – 25/-10 – extra crispy!

Karlov – 57/57
Vann – 48/20
Armin – 17/-10 – extra crispy!

Remaining healing available:
  • 2 Scrolls of Neutralize Poison
Well fellers, we come to a close of another quick post. I'll be posting an epilogue in a day or three, but until then talk amongst yourselves IC and OOC if you wish and divvy up the goods! Well played one and all. Will work up XP by the weekend.
-g-
__________________

  #75  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 09:50
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego helps sort through the booty while keeping his eyes out for things that radiate dweomer. He'll use his remaining spells available for the day to investigate each peice and determine the strength and school of the auras. He sees the trident and thinks to himself, Is that the same trident that seadevil wielded? The young sorcerer lays claim to one of the Flintlock Pistols and stuffs it into his pack.

Seeing that things have settled down he turns to the young halfling and asks, "Why do you wish to spare that mangy manticore cub? Are you two kin?" He chuckles a bit at his cruel joke, but it dies off quickly as he sees nobody joining in the laughter and the pained look upon the young druids face. "Sorry" he mumbles quietly.

While the rest of his group is resting he spends his watch experimenting with new ways to bend magic to his will. He tries experiments with a wide array of tricks until he comes up with something new that he can control.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 21:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren