Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 01:11
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 13

Scenario 3, Quick Post 13: Searching
then remembers the she wolf at one time hade some healing water with her looking back at her body he says
“You might still have some use”
checks her carcass for anything valuable
Searching the gore-spattered carcass of the she-wolf turns up the following:
  • MW long knife of blue-steel w/a curved tip and a pommel wrapped with some type of animal hide; comes with a plain, leather scabbard. (Think of it as a 12" bowie hunting knife )
  • small pouch with three items inside: a tiny gold locket on a broken chain, an ivory game piece (a knight from a chess board) with two amber beads as eyes, and a fresh buckeye.
When Mirko rolls her over to take the long knife, there is a large tattoo on her lower back, just above her right hip. The barbarians and the ranger have seen this symbol before (see attached pic).

"What the heck was that?" The druid asks the centaur while looking off into the distance.
The centaur grunts and returns the flail to its scabbard on his back. "What are you talking about, young Hin?"
The centaur notes that the others have gathered around the she-wolf and looks down at Babelson and says, "Come along and let's see to the others. I take it the dog belongs to you?"

While Gregson cuts himself free, the Wood Elf watches Mirko search the body of the she-wolf and says, "You're wounds are grievous, barbarian. You might want to see to them lest you find yourself feeding on fresh meat...like your companion."
The Wood Elf then turns to Aramil and says (in Elven), "Well met, cousin. What have you to do with humans and half-breeds?"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg malar.jpg (9.6 KB, 39 views)
  #27  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 02:16
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.37 per day)
"I'm what most would call a mercenary," Aramil responds, not at all surprised he is being spoken to in elven. "But I do what I do for something greater than money - pride. And if I should fall so someone else can live, so be it. What brings me here, though, is Babelson. I was around when the bitch took him, and I could not go on with him being taken. After all, he is innocent in my eyes. But this woman......she bears a tatoo that we have seen before. Do you know what it means?"

At the comment of fresh meat, Aramil's mouth drops open. He just realized the WORST thing.....both of his friends are turning into hybrids, though Mirko is not nearly as far along. "How do we stop it from taking effect?" he asks, not knowing how himself.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #28  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 03:36
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Originally Posted by generaljimX "I'm what most would call a mercenary," Aramil responds, not at all surprised he is being spoken to in elven. "But I do what I do for something greater than money - pride. And if I should fall so someone else can live, so be it. What brings me here, though, is Babelson. I was around when the bitch took him, and I could not go on with him being taken. After all, he is innocent in my eyes. But this woman......she bears a tatoo that we have seen before. Do you know what it means?"

At the comment of fresh meat, Aramil's mouth drops open. He just realized the WORST thing.....both of his friends are turning into hybrids, though Mirko is not nearly as far along. "How do we stop it from taking effect?" he asks, not knowing how himself.
"She is marked by Malar...the Beastlord, the god of lycanthropes and evil forest dwellers. My friend, Krellon, can tell you more about these folk that I. Most of his tribe was captured or slain for the Beastlord's bloody feasts some years ago.
"As for your bloodthirsty friend, I only know of two cures - one is a plant known as elfenslipper - it is very rare and only grows in cold northern areas; the other cure is said to lie at the heart of this forest in a secluded glade that is protected by Mielikki, the Forest Queen."
The Wood Elf regards Aramil for a few seconds and then gives the ranger a slight bow. "I am Porthane - welcome to Ardeep Forest."
  #29  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 03:55
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.37 per day)
"Is Mielikki a nice person? What I really want to know is would she be able to reason for the plant?" Aramil asks, deeply concerned about his friends' safety, as well as his own. "Forgive me for not introducing myself earlier," Aramil says, and gives a bow of his own. "I am Aramil. I'm glad to be here, more so now that the bitch is dead. The mark she bears....we saw it on goblins. Would Malar have such creatures under his command? I believe that if she was merely a servant of his, we have some tough battles ahead of us if we plan to protect Babelson." A look of great concern is on Aramil's face as he finishes.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #30  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 04:45
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
OOC: Aramil would likely know about Mielikki - Goddess of Forests and Nature and that she is a deity of good alignment.

IC: "Many creatures serve Malar," Porthane says. "It depends upon their reasons. More like it, the goblins served under a stronger leader - perhaps a sorceror or evil lord - who is the true servant of the Beastlord. Tell me, Aramil - where did you see these goblins that bore the mark of Malar?"
-g-
  #31  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 05:26
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
putting the knife on his belt while looking down at the dead body Mirkos holds the contents of the pouch,

sees the tatoo
hmmm… same as the goblins back at Beliard…

upon hearing the elf comment a slightly confused look on mirko’s face no quite understanding what he’s implying

he starts to patch himself up ( not very good at it but does what he can) thinking

I was not bitten, Brakan looks ok, maybe the old mans tales about the moon and wolves where just that, some dark magics at work, the bitch must have been a demons whore to be like she was

tries to dismiss any suspicions
I’m ok elf, no broken bones or severed tendons I’ll heal; and Brakan is just exited
thanks for the help, my Name is Mirko

seeing the elves start conversing he walks over to see Babelson

are you wounded Babel?

Mirko addresses babelson as he would a grown man

turns to the Centaur, eying him for a moment, he’s impressed by the presence of the creature but does not show it, he’s seen strange creatures since he left the tribe and is getting kind of used to it, but he doesn’t know what a “normal” creature is, when he sees something new he figures he just hasn’t seen it before but is normal

says to the centaur

I'm called Mirko, thanks helping, did you know the she-wolf?
do you think they’ll keep after babel?

his demeanor shows Mirko is taking it as a fact Babel will come with them back to the barge
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 1st of September, 2006 at 10:27.
  #32  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 05:48
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.51 per day)
Gregson struggles and struggles with all his might, but just can't seem to free himself from his bonds. Damn this is a sticky situation he thinks to himself. Sure wish somebody would give me a hand.

Not willing to admit that he can't free himself with the sword he tosses it away, out of his reach, and calls out, "Help, I've dropped the blade and can't seem to free myself." That should get there attention.
  #33  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 12:32
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 14

Scenario 3, Quick Post 14: Helping Hands?

I was not bitten! Brakan looks himself over, wincing at his wounds; he feels bone-tired but otherwise okay. Maybe the old man's tales about the moon and wolves where just that - some dark magics at work. The bitch must have been a demon's whore to be like she was.

Turning to Aramil and the Wood Elf, Mirko says, "I’m okay, Elf. No broken bones or severed tendons; I’ll heal. And Brakan is just excited, that's all. Thanks for the help - my Name is Mirko."
The barbarian sounds jovial, trying to dismiss any concerns.
The Wood Elf gives Mirko a slight nod of his head; his face, however, does not looks so happy. "I am Porthane and I must thank you in the name of Our Lady of the Forest for slaying the she-wolf and her minions. Although, I fear that your companion is more than just excited. I've seen the sickness in its early stages. And the next full moon is two days hence."
Mirko is about to respond when another voice interrupts him.

"Help! I've dropped the blade and can't seem to free myself!"
Mirko smiles and so does Aramil. The ranger and Porthane walk over to help Gregson and Mirko walks over to see Babelson.

Gregson is really stuck, and Aramil picks up his sticky sword with a frown and looks at Porthane with a frown on his face. "Uh, a little help...please?" Gregson asks, one eye glued shut from the webbing.
Porthane smiles and says, "Hold very still." The Wood Elf stretches forth his hand and closes his eyes and suddenly his palm bursts into a ball of flame! Gregson gasps and jerks back, stumbling and becoming more entangled, but Porthane keeps smiling. "Now, when I say so, move and move fast! Ready?"
Gregson somehow manages a nod and Porthane plunges his flaming fist into the webbing. The strands immediately part and catch fire, spreading quickly, devouring the webbing. Gregson's eyes grow big as the eager flames approach him and when Porthane says, "Move now!" the young guard doesn't hesitate at all - he moves and the webbing releases him with a snap and a poof as the fire dissolves it.
Aramil pats the cinders out of Gregson's clothing and drags him away from the fire that quickly threatens the leaves on the ground. Porthane doesn't seem concerned as he calmly stamps the fire out with his boots.
Not looking as Gregson gets to his feet, the Wood Elf says, "You're welcome, young human."

"Are you wounded, Babel?" Mirko asks, addressing the Halfling as a he would a grown man. Babelson shakes his head and Mirko turns to the Centaur, eyeing him for a moment, studying him.
"See anything you like?" the Centaur asks with an amused grin on his lightly tanned face.
"I am called Mirko," the barbarian says. "Thanks for helping. Did you know the she-wolf?"
The Centaur shakes his head. "I am Krellon. And no, I did not know her - but I know her kind. The servants of Malar are always about. They prey on the weak...and the young." He says with a glance at Babelson.
Mirko nods in understanding. "Do you think they'll keep after Babel?"
"Couldn't say," the Centaur mumbles. "But if I had to guess, I would say that the she-wolf probably served a stronger master. The lad's birthmarks certainly do make him a prize for the Malarites. They'll keep trying to get him, I'll wager."
"Then they'll have to go through me - the meanest damned barbarian in the North - to get to him!" Bra'kan says, swaggering over to clasp Babelson on the shoulder.
Red growls low in his throat and even Krellon takes a step back, snorting loudly. Babelson recoils from the bloody Half-Orc, but Bra'kan doesn't notice. Mirko gives him a grim look and then he hears Porthane's cry of alarm.
"KRELLON STOP!"
Heads swivel to the Centaur to see that he has an arrow nocked in his bow and is pointing it right at Bra'kan's face!
"Your companion," Krellon says, his voice barely above a whisper, "is infected. Best to put him down now...before he feeds again."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actions?
-g-
  #34  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 13:12
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.51 per day)
Young man eh? I'm nearly twenty! Well, compared to an elf I guess that is quite young. Not wanting to seem ungrateful though Gregson smiles and says, "Thank you very much master-elf." The smile does not quite touch his eyes though and despite it Gregson looks quite dissapointed about something. "Although I must admit, you gave me quite a scare when you..." his voice trails off when he hears the elf yell out. Following the elf's gaze he is astonished to see the horse-beast pointing an arrow at Bra'kan! Gregson knocks an arrow and lets it loose at the centaur before he has a chance to consider what the elf said. "Krellon stop!" He knew his name, oh no what have I done! But, it's too late to take the arrow back as it streaks towards it's target.
  #35  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 13:13
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
what the hell?!
the blue steel knife suddenly in his hand

Sickness?!!
I don’t see no runny nose
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #36  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 14:11
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Back off….
Mirko’s voice a low growl coming close, knowing the weapon the centaur’s drawn wont serve him in close range and he’ll be able to get a few slashes before the centaur kills him
less you want to be put down like a gimp mule....

OOC: intimidation +4
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #37  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 14:28
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
"OH HELL NO" Bra'kan, having just come off his rage from the battle, all of a sudden feels the blood pumping through his veins. "WE COME HERE, WE KILL A COMMON ENEMY! YOU POINT THAT AT MY FACE!" Bra'kan yells at the Centaur. He holds the axe with his right hand letting the top end tap into his left palm repeatedly.

"The support died, we rescued are friend, and the bitch is dead. THE BITCH IS DEAD. AND IN RETURN, I'm INFECTED! Go back to your little fairy home with your little fairy dust and funny fuzzy foo foo friends if you don't want to be treated like a rag doll. Otherwise, your just another ASS that will die like the rest. Bra'kan, the wolf slayer is here. If I kill you, I might just have to change my title as well."

Bra'kan growls and lets out a scream as he finishes his statement. He stares at the centaur just waiting for something to happen. He doesn't lose his stare at all, not ready to be intimidated by some horse like creature.

OOC: Ready action for charge attack at centaur at first sign of battle from anyone.
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #38  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 22:57
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 15

Scenario 3, Quick Post 15: Stand Off

Gregson nocks an arrow and lets it loose at the Centaur before he has a chance to consider what the Elf said. "Krellon stop!" He knew his name, oh no what have I done! But, it's too late to take the arrow back as it streaks toward its target.
And the young guard's hurried shot flies true, striking Krellon on the left side of his massive chest! (D4) The Centaur cries out in surprise and pain, rearing on his hind legs. But when he settles back down he is confronted by steel, both metallic and in the eyes of the barbarians.
"Back off..." Mirko says, his voice a low growl. "...less you want to be put down like a gimp mule." (OOC: Love that line!) He takes a step toward the Centaur, the blue steel knife in his hand.
"You were wounded too!" Krellon yells, pointing a finger at Mirko. "Perhaps you BOTH are infected! Stand back, lad!" Krellon says to Babelson. "The mark of Malar is among us!"
"OH, HELL NO!" Bra'kan roars, feeling the blood raging and pumping through his veins again. "WE COME HERE, WE KILL A COMMON ENEMY! YOU POINT THAT AT MY FACE!" Bra'kan yells at the Centaur. He holds the axe with his right hand letting the top end tap into his left palm repeatedly.
"YOU...ARE...INFECTED!" Krellon shouts, keeping his bow ready, pointing it first at Bra'kan and then at Mirko. "Do you know what will happen in two days with the next full moon? DO YOU!? I do, and it's a hell I would save you and your friends from facing!"

Bra'kan shakes his head, not hearing the Centaur. "The support died, we rescued our friend, and the bitch is dead. THE BITCH IS DEAD! AND IN RETURN, I'M INFECTED? Go back to your little fairy home with your little fairy dust and funny fuzzy foo foo friends if you don't want to be treated like a rag doll. Otherwise, your just another ASS that will die like the rest."
Bra'kan thumps his chest proudly. "Bra'kan, the wolf slayer is here. If I kill you, I might just have to change my title. RAAARRRGGGHHH!"
Bra'kan's scream rattles the forest, sending squirrels into hiding and birds to wing. Blood calls to him; the Centaur's blood. He can see it dribble down the great beast's chest and he can't help but lick his lips.

Suddenly, the ground around Krellon's front hooves becomes very soft, as does the ground around the edges of Mirko and Bra'kan's boots. Their feet sink into the mud and they are momentarily surprised at the predicament. "Krellon...my friend...put down your bow."
Porthane's voice cuts through the confused and tension as he and Aramil stride toward the stand off. Gregson sheepishly follows along behind the two Elves, his eyes wide, his mouth open in shock.
Krellon staggers back a few steps, but keeps an eye on the barbarians. "Friend Porthane, these are infected! They need..."
"Our help," the Elf says calmly, soothingly. "There is no need to harm them further; the Lady can help them."

"What are they saying?" Bra'kan asks, pulling a boot out of the mud. Mirko shakes his head. "Hell if I know."
"Probably planning to kill us both!" Bra'kan replies, licking his lips, the blood drumming in his ears. "I say we take 'em now, Mirko!"
Then a strong, firm hand is placed on Bra'kan's shoulder and the barbarian turns to face...Aramil. "Let's not and say we did, okay, my friend? They are not planning to kill you. Porthane wishes to help you."

Bra'kan blinks at Aramil and then looks to Mirko...waiting for his fellow barbarian's reaction.

  #39  
Unread 2nd of September, 2006, 00:40
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
It won’t happen Brakan,

his body still tense and ready to rumble, although aware he would not survive the encounter.

that was their chance and they've would have taken it
it’s not a fight they want


all the time eying the centaur with grim determination Mirko

let’s hear the elf out
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 2nd of September, 2006 at 00:51.
  #40  
Unread 2nd of September, 2006, 02:24
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
"Damn horse-men" Bra'kan says with a stern voice.

"Get me out of this damn stuff already. AND WHAT AM I INFECTED WITH! Pray tell me, for I have no damn clue"

Bra'kan tries to calm himself down, but with all the accusations flying, he just can't truly let go of his feelings just yet.
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #41  
Unread 2nd of September, 2006, 11:06
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.37 per day)
Aramil back away, explainging Bra'kan's condition to him as he does. "You know how the bitch went from being human to half wolf? That's a disease called lycanthropy. At the next full moon, you will truely succumb to it, and turn into a half-breed. You will have no control over yourself...well, less control than normal." He says this last line with a smile, but it quickly fades. "We fear that Mirko is infected as well, though he very well could not be. After all, she didn't bite him...."

Aramil then turns to the Porthane and Krellon. "Do you know where Mielikki's glade is? And how long will it take us to get there?" he is obviously up for the journey, no matter how long it may take. He then takes on the tongue of the elf, now knowing both understand it. "If the journey will take longer than two days, we may very well have to knock them both out. Keep them from death, but unconcious as well."
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #42  
Unread 3rd of September, 2006, 12:30
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 16

Scenario 3, Quick Post 16: Infected

"It won’t happen Brakan," Mirko says, his body still tense and ready to rumble; he's aware, however, he would not survive the encounter.
"That was their chance and they've would have taken it - it’s not a fight they want. Let's hear the Elf out." Mirko finishes, eyeing the Centaur with grim determination.

"Damn horse-men," Bra'kan says with a stern voice. "Get me out of this damn stuff already. AND WHAT AM I INFECTED WITH? Pray tell me, for I have no damn clue." The Half-Orc is frustrated and just a little nervous.

Aramil backs away from the soft ground, explaining Bra'kan's condition to the barbarian as he does. "You know how the bitch went from being human to half wolf? That's a disease called lycanthropy. At the next full moon, you will truely succumb to it, and turn into a half-breed."
"You ought to understand what being a half-breed is, right Orc-man?" Krellon asks, his face devoid of emotion.
"You will have no control over yourself...well, less control than normal." He says this last line with a smile, which quickly fades. "We fear that Mirko is infected as well, though he very well could not be. After all, she didn't bite him...."
"If the she-wolf did not bite...Mirko?" Porthane asks. "Yes, if she did not bite Mirko, then he has nothing to worry about...unlike your Half-Orc friend."
Aramil then turns to the Porthane and Krellon. "Do you know where Mielikki's glade is? And how long will it take us to get there?"


Krellon snorts and gives Porthane a long look; and after a few seconds, Porthane says, "Yes, cousin - we know of The Green Glade. It is a full day's journey from here, deeper into the forest. The sooner we start moving the better. The servants of Malar patrol these woods...and they may come in search of their own."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Evening fellers! Give me your actions and any preparations you are taking for the journey to the glade. If none, just post in OOC that you are good to go. Later.
-g-



Last edited by hedgeknight; 5th of September, 2006 at 10:43.
  #43  
Unread 3rd of September, 2006, 15:50
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko listens but refuses to give up on a friend even if he knows deep in his gut there is something true to the elf’s words

Mirko nods

"A day’s march is not far, we can manage that and still catch up with Domin to return Babel on his original course"

sets his jaw his stare directly on the centaurs eye

know this horse man, I don’t give up on a friend and I don’t trust a man who would cut a brothers line before he cut his own arm trying, you better make sure I’m down before you try to hurt any of my friends.""


Mirko tries to patch himself up as best he can for the journey
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 3rd of September, 2006 at 18:07.
  #44  
Unread 4th of September, 2006, 08:22
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.37 per day)
"Then we should be off," Aramil says, checking his blade for sharpness. "The faster we can get out of here, the better."
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #45  
Unread 4th of September, 2006, 12:53
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.51 per day)
Gregson goes over to retrieve Aramil's sword where he dropped it then gives it back to the elf. Then turning to the centaur he says, "Sorry for... um... shooting you... I just thought... well, that you were the enemy." He tries to smile while apologizing, to lighten the mood, but only succeeds at a wry twisted grin that doesn't do much to set off the grim mood. He looks angry still, hope he doesn't try to kill any of us once he gets among friends. Aramil seems to trust that other elf though, guess we better just go along with them... Seems Bra'kan's only hope. I'd hate to face a hybrid-wolf-man-half-orc! Turning to the rest of the group he says, "Ready when you are."
  #46  
Unread 5th of September, 2006, 02:52
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
This is bullshit. "Let's go already" Bra'kan says grinding his teeth. His impatience is getting the best of him, and he's visibly angry with everything that has happened. He just wants to move and get out of here.
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #47  
Unread 5th of September, 2006, 11:35
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,838 (0.41 per day)
Quick Post 17

Scenario 3, Quick Post 17: Seeking Answers

Mirko listens but refuses to give up on a friend, even if he knows deep in his gut there is something true to the Elf’s words. "A day’s march is not far. We can manage that and still catch up with Domin to return Babel on his original course." Mirko says with a nod.
"Then we should be off," Aramil says, checking his blade for sharpness after Gregson returned it. "The faster we can get out of here, the better."
Mirko then stares directly at Krellon’s eyes, his jaw set. “Know this horse man, I don’t give up on a friend and I don’t trust a man who would cut a brother’s line before he cut his own arm trying; you better make sure I’m down before you try to hurt any of my friends."
Krellon sucks his teeth and spits. “Glad to hear you are loyal, barbarian. Mayhap when the time comes, you’ll be the one to put him down, seeing as he is a friend and all.”

This is bullshit. Bra'kan thinks, grinding his teeth. "Let's go already!" His impatience is getting the best of him, and he's visibly angry with everything that has happened. He just wants to move and get out of here.
The Centaur glances at Bra’kan and then turns and moves out, heading back the way he came, caring not about the steaming pile of shit he leaves in his wake.
As the rest of the group falls in behind Krellon (avoiding the droppings as best they can), Babelson follows along atop Red, allowing the big hound to sniff out any danger.


You travel for the rest of the day, Krellon setting a hard pace before finding a campsite near a grove of tall pines just as the sun is setting. Aramil and Babelson do a quick scout of the area and report back that all is clear. All of you are bone tired and even though you are hungry, for the moment all you want to do is catch your breath and rest. Porthane looks around for a minute and then uncovers a shallow fire pit; the stones are blackened from past use. If questioned about building a fire, Porthane just shrugs and says, “Do you hot soup or cold tack?”
While Mirko tries to patch himself up as best he can and Bra’kan goes off to be by himself, Porthane shows Babelson how to cut and crush the wild onions and mushrooms he has in his pack.
”Tell me something,” Porthane says after several minutes of silence. “Why do you think Raven and the servants of Malar fought and died for you?” (Tag: akiko)


Finding the centaur was not easy, in fact, Gregson believes Krellon found him instead. But even so, the young guard had something to say. "Sorry for... um... shooting you... I just thought... well, that you were the enemy." He tries to smile while apologizing, to lighten the mood, but only succeeds at a wry twisted grin.
“None necessary,” Krellon says with a grunt, glancing at the wound in his shoulder. “But…you have my thanks for doing so, just the same.”
He looks angry still; hope he doesn't try to kill any of us once he gets among friends. Aramil seems to trust that other Elf though; guess we better just go along with them. Seems like Bra'kan's only hope. I'd hate to face a hybrid-wolf-man-half-orc!

“Something else on your mind….er, I didn’t get your name.”
Gregson flinches and stammers a reply, “Greg…Gregson…from Goldenfields.”
“Ah,” the Centaur says, his tail swishing and his flank shivering to shoo away a small swarm of mosquitoes. “Goldenfields – the granary of the North. Good folk there.”
“Yes, there are.” Gregson says, feeling a little awkward to be having a conversation with a Centaur. Jesse will never believe me!
“When we reach the grove on the morrow, I might need your help.” Krellon says, staring hard at Gregson.
Gregson swallows, his stomach suddenly churning. “With what?”
“Sometimes the grove rejects an infected creature…for whatever reason; only the Lady knows. When it does…there is work to be done. If such is the case, are you prepared to help me do what must be done? I ask you as one warrior to another, Gregson of Goldenfields.” (Tag: ej)

Bra’kan stares into the woods as night falls on the pine grove and wonders what will happen when the reach the Green Glade tomorrow. He still has dried gore and bits of flesh on his clothes and under his nails. He can still taste the warm blood that gushed into his mouth when he tore out the archer’s throat. Bile rises in his stomach and the thought and he breaks out in a clammy sweat. An owl watches him from its perch in a pine just above him. Its large eyes never blink as Bra’kan shudders and wraps his arms around his waist.
What’s happening to me? I’m the meanest, the toughest, and the baddest sonuvabitch in these parts. I can’t turn into something…unnatural! Bra’kan suddenly catches the scent of a boar close by and a hunger replaces the wrenching in his gut. Looking around, the tormented Half-Orc slinks away into the darkness. And the owl watches.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Talk to me fellers and I'll post again on the morrow.
Next stop > The Green Glade!
-g-
  #48  
Unread 5th of September, 2006, 15:06
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.51 per day)
Looking at Bra'kan then back to the centaur he thinks hard. Oh what to do, what to do. It would be pretty horrible for me to let a savage beast like that get on the loose. I'm sure the rest would understand... if it comes to that... I hope it doesn't. Not saying anything in reply to the centaur's question he just nods. I'll do what I have to and be the better man for it.
  #49  
Unread 5th of September, 2006, 16:04
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.37 per day)
Mirko understood the centaur but refused to hurry an action without being certain it was absolutely necessary; the centaur seemed quick to reach for the easiest solution,

During the night he planned on staying up when brakan was sleeping, he would make guard even if someone else was, making sure one of them watched the centaur

he woke up at the sound of the forest and cursed under his breath seeing Brakan gone
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #50  
Unread 6th of September, 2006, 00:57
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.67 per day)
"I don't why she did that. I don't understand many people and why they do the things that they do. All I ever wanted was to be left alone. I planned on living my days in the solitude of the woods. But I needed some new clothes, a new sword and maybe a treat for Red, so I took the job on the barges. Little did I know the trouble that would bring." Sitting atop a log with his head hanging in almost shame wrapped in his freakish (and exposed) hands, the hin doesn't know what to do.

"I never asked for any of this. I was born this way." He says motioning towards his chest and showing his hands in the air in frustration. "I just wanted to play with the other kids, but they would not have me at all. They just made fun of me." A few tears begin to fall down upon his cheeks.

"So no, I don't know why she was after me. But I hope I don't have to see her ever again."
__________________
mmmm... brains... or seed.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 15:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren