Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 13th of August, 2006, 03:02
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Scenario 3

Quick Post Scenario 3: Rollin’ on the River

“Tell me again why we signed on for this ride?” Mirko asks, not really expecting an answer from his companions who are huddled inside their cloaks. Although autumn is still a few weeks away, it is already growing colder, especially at night. Along the River Dessarin it is always cooler. And they awoke this morning to a chilling drizzle which only made matters worse.

When they were hired in the small village of Bargewright Inn to guard river barges on the way to Waterdeep, they had expected a fairly easy voyage. But since they picked up a barge of sheep at Goldenfields, their journey has been anything but easy. They stop every few hours for the sheep to unload, relieve themselves, and graze while their shepherds check them for sickness and disease. And sometime during the night, they lost two sheep; needless to say, this upset the shepherds greatly.

“More importantly, why put us in the barge that is DOWN-wind from the wooly buggers?” Bra’kan asks, snorting discontentedly. “They stink worse than them Goblins we cut up a few weeks back in Beliard, right Mirko?”
Mirko nods and glances over at Aramil, the Elven ranger who did his share of Goblin killing that night. Ever quiet, Aramil keeps a wary eye on the woods along the riverbanks. The barge captain, Domin, called an early stop yesterday because he didn’t want to pass The Stump Bog as darkness arose. But now, as the last of the four barges slowly passes by the bog, the guards aboard are attuned to its dark recesses, praying that nothing decides to venture out of its murky depths and eat the constantly bleating sheep.

Their cargo is more than sheep on this trip though. Early grain and produce, including crates of berries and honey, and several barrels of pickled and salted shalass take up most of the room on the lead barge and the last barge. The third barge is loaded with sheep and the second barge has several passengers on their way to the City of Splendors. “If we were in the lead barge, perhaps the smell would not be as bad, do you think?” Bra’kan asks again, heedless of the sweat-stained, unwashed stink of his own body. The barbarian cares not for what others think of him anyway – he figures they are just glad to have the mightiest warrior in the Realms guarding their vessel!

The rain is drizzling and the sheep are bleating and the barges are passing from the darkness of the Stump Bog to the shadows of Ardeep Forest where the trees overhang the banks casting shadows on the water…when a horn is sounded from the lead barge. For a split second, the sheep stop bleating and all eyes turn downriver.

Coming into view is what looks to be some sort of log jam. As if that were not cause for consternation, large figures move along the banks on both sides of the river. “Ogres,” Bra’kan growls, loosening his double Orc axe from his belt, while watching two of the hulking, stinking creatures wade out into the river. A large dog that belongs to a young Halfling begins to growl, but with a look from Mirko, the boy quiets him. “Hush, Red.”

“There’s another to the left,” Aramil mutters, readying his bow. “And others as well.”
Sure enough, figures begin to emerge from the concealment of the woods. Figures dressed in dark greens and browns to better merge with the foliage. All of them are hooded and have bows at the ready. But the most impressive figure is standing upon one of the logs, several feet out in the river.

Her long dark hair is disheveled by the breeze off the river, but she seems unperturbed as she stands there with her hands on her hips. She wears only enough clothing to cover “the essentials” and her skin is tanned dark brown. Incredibly beautiful, she has a feral look and her dark gray eyes are unnerving as they survey the barges.
“Good morning, Captain,” she says, loud enough for all of the barges to hear. Her voice is strong and commanding. “You have a bit of cargo that my master requires.”
“You’ll get nothing from me wench ‘cept a bolt up your ass!” Domin replies, red in the face with anger. “Who do you think you are to hijack the barges of Goldenfields?”
She smiles, revealing white pointed teeth. “I am but a messenger, Captain. And the message I have is very simple. Simple enough for a dullard like you. Listen to me well, for I shall only say it once.”
She pauses for effect, glancing into the water for a few seconds, and then to the Ogre nearest her which has decided to take a piss in full view of everyone. She turns her gray eyes back on Captain Domin and says, “You have a passenger who my master wishes to meet. Turn him over to us and we will spare your barges and allow you to continue downriver. Refuse and we will destroy you.”
“What passenger?” Domin asks. “What are you talking about, wench?”
The woman crouches like a cat about to spring and then raises her right arm and points toward the second barge. “Give us ‘the blessed one’ – the one who bears the mark of the beast!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Here we go fellers! Are you gonna attack? Dive and swim for it? Start shooting sheep? Hand over the boy? Take a look at the map and talk to me. Next post on Tuesday morning.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg River Battle Map 1.JPG (93.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by hedgeknight; 14th of August, 2006 at 23:21. Reason: Completed post
  #2  
Unread 15th of August, 2006, 03:37
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.66 per day)
Pulling his cloak about him tighter Babelson recognizes the name, though he hasn't been called that in a long time. He left his home caravan some time ago and thought he left it all behind, though he wouldn't be so lucky.

Blessed. Bah. If I could give this curse away I would. But what do they want with me?

Patting the head of the deep scarlet hound with his freakishly large hands it becomes apparent to the other guards on his barge that the boy is nervous. As is expected when the ship you are guarding is under attack, but it is also possible he is hiding something.

"We have to get in the water and move those logs, huh?"
  #3  
Unread 15th of August, 2006, 05:46
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko eyes the Ogres on the shore and nods to Bra’kan,

Bet they smell worst than the Sheep Bra’kan…
turns his head towards Aramil witout loosing site of the ogres
bet they're tougher that the goblins too...


listens to the exchange between the captain and the lady, smiling as he listens to the captains response, takes out his bow knocking an arrow and pointing directly at the lady,
his great sword close by to pick up as soon as an ogre rushes in

Stay as you are boy, there’ll be blood spilled before we go trough


Actions
when it is apparent the talk isn’t going nowhere Mirko will fire at the “lady” will keep using his bow until the ogres rush the barges, if they do, he will drop the bow to use his great sword going in to rage
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 15th of August, 2006 at 05:52.
  #4  
Unread 15th of August, 2006, 07:50
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Stupid, STUPID OGRES! "ARGH!" Bra'kan lets loose a roar in anticipation of the coming battle. "Ogres, better than goblins? HA! I am Bra'kan, mightiest of warriors!" Bra'kan looks around and takes a survey of the land around him. Taking a measure of the ogres, Bra'kan decides that the lady is the one to kill. Kill leader, kill the rest. He's still upset that he didn't get to fight the worg back at Beliard, but it happens.

"She's mine" Bra'kan says to the others on his barge. With that said, Bra'kan backs up a little and takes a running leap for the barge ahead of his and goes to stand next to Domin during the talking waiting for the perfect moment to strike.
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #5  
Unread 15th of August, 2006, 08:12
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Tougher than goblins? Maybe, but they should still be fun to kill. Aramil has a sly smile on his face as he nocks an arrow, and surveys the cloaked figures. Don't want numbers to catch up to us....but the ogres present the immediate threat. So hard to choose.....

OOC: If the cloaked ones start to attack, Aramil will start shooting arrows at them, one each. He wants to hit as many as he can before they get to the barge, and wants to weaken them for an easier kill for Mirko or Bra'Kan. Target closer targets first. If the cloaked ones don't attack, but the ogres do, concentrate fire on one until it drops, once again targeting closer targets first.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #6  
Unread 15th of August, 2006, 23:13
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Scenario 3, Quick Post 2

Scenario 3, Quick Post 2: Letting Loose!

Pulling his cloak about him tighter Babelson recognizes the name, though he hasn't been called that in a long time. He left his home caravan some time ago and thought he left it all behind, though he wouldn't be so lucky. Blessed. Bah. If I could give this curse away I would. But what do they want with me?
Patting the head of the deep scarlet hound with his freakishly large hands it becomes apparent to the other guards on his barge that the boy is nervous. As is expected when the ship you are guarding is under attack, but it is also possible he is hiding something.
"We have to get in the water and move those logs, huh?"


“Stay as you are boy, there’ll be blood spilled before we are through,” Mirko says, eyeing the Ogres on the shore.
Stupid, STUPID OGRES! "ARGH!" Bra'kan lets loose a roar in anticipation of the coming battle, drawing nervous comments and stares from the passengers on the barge.
Mirko nods to the Half-Orc, “Bet they smell worst than the sheep, Bra’kan.” Mirko turns his head towards Aramil without losing sight of the Ogres.
”Bet they're tougher that the goblins too.”


”Tougher than goblins? Maybe, but they should still be fun to kill.” Aramil says with a sly smile on his face as he nocks an arrow, and surveys the cloaked figures. Don't want numbers to catch up to us....but the Ogres present the immediate threat. So hard to choose...
"Ogres, better than goblins?” Bra’kan asks incredulously. “HA! I am Bra'kan, mightiest of warriors!" Bra'kan looks around and takes a survey of the land. Taking a measure of the Ogres, Bra'kan decides that the lady is the one to kill. Kill leader, kill the rest. He's still upset that he didn't get to fight the worg back at Beliard, but it happens.
Mirko listens to the exchange between the captain and the lady, smiling at the captain’s response. He then takes out his bow, nocks an arrow, and points directly at the lady; his great sword is close by to pick up as soon as an Ogre rushes in.
Still upset about not getting to fight the worg back in Beliard, Bra’kan flinches when Mirko shows force, and then makes a rash decision. "She's mine," Bra'kan says to the others on his barge. With that, Bra'kan backs up a little and takes a running leap for the lead barge, landing on deck with ease. He is walking toward Domin when all hell breaks loose!


Seeing that the talk is going nowhere, Mirko draws, aims, and fires an arrow at the lady. The shaft flies true, striking the lady in the chest…but she doesn’t even flinch as the arrow shatters against her!

“If that’s the way you want to play, Domin, I’m game!” she hisses, raising her hands and uttering a few arcane words. A jet of roaring flame bursts from her outstretched hands, sizzling the two front guards in the lead barge and scorching Domin! “Now, kill them all, but bring the blessed one to me!”

The cloaked figures in the woods fire upon the barges, targeting the guards and the companions, as the air around the river hums with arrows. Aramil picks a target closest to him and fires but a tree stops the shaft and he quickly nocks another. Screams from dying guards and terrified sheep echo up and down the river as three of the Ogres begin swimming toward the barges, carrying long spears and laughing menacingly.
Two more Ogres emerge from the concealment of the woods but they do not attack like their water-bound cousins; they merely watch…and wait.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And...they're off! Alright fellers - I started to post more actions, but thought you might want to change something. Take a good look at the map and give me two or three rounds of actions.
Next post tomorrow morning.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg River Battle Map 2.JPG (93.6 KB, 6 views)
  #7  
Unread 16th of August, 2006, 02:31
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
"BRA'KAN" a primal growl voicing his name escapes from his lips. Battle begins at a moments notice, and once again he isn't where he wants to be. The ogres are surrounding his new location, and he is unsure of what will happen. Kill the woman, kill the rest.

OOC: If the ogres reach Bra'kan before he can act, he will defend himself against them. If he gets to act before them, he will take his axe and hold it in two hands and make a leap against the woman that was doing the talking for the ogres (1d8+6, x3 crit). If at any point Bra'kan is hit for damage, he will go into a rage and continue raging for as long as he can. If he kills the woman or the ogres (depending on what happens at first), he will then go after who ever is left (the woman or the ogres).
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #8  
Unread 16th of August, 2006, 06:50
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Damn it Bra’kan!!

Mirko focuses his arrows on the Ogre moving toward his position, taking advantage at his inability to defend himself while swimming, if he’s not able to kill him before he reaches the barge he will use his great sword in melee, once the ogre is down, Mirko will jump to the first barge to help Bra’kan
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #9  
Unread 16th of August, 2006, 09:30
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
"Damn it, their better with a bow than I thought." Aramil says to the Mirko and the others on his barge. "LUCKY YOU'RE IN THE TREES YOU BASTARDS!!" He yells at the cloaked figures, knowing that if they weren't one would surely be dead. He turns to his right and fires off an arrow at the approching ogre before returning to shooting his selected prey: the cloaked ones.

OOC: Fire one arrow at the ogre that's approaching the barge(+5, d8; +6 if within 30 feet, d8+1). Return to shooting at the cloaked ones, targeting closer targets first.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #10  
Unread 16th of August, 2006, 09:31
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.66 per day)
Reaching into his cloak pocket the boy pulls an unimpressive sling. Letting stones fly at the nearest target he wonders if we will do any good this way. Not the tactician but definitely realizing that they are outnumbered and outclassed, even with the high ground, he thinks the best option may be to leave this caravan. "Perhaps we should just give them the blessed one?!" He yells so those closest could hear him. "We are severely overpowered here."

Last edited by akiko; 16th of August, 2006 at 21:16.
  #11  
Unread 16th of August, 2006, 22:19
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Scenario 3, Quick Post 3

Scenario 3, Quick Post 3: Fighting and Dying

Initiative Order: Bra’kan (21), Sorceress (20), Babelson (19), Mirko (18), Others (16), Aramil (11), Ogres (9), Domin/Guards (5)

"BRA'KAN!" a primal growl voicing his name escapes from his lips. Battle begins at a moments notice, and once again he isn't where he wants to be. The ogres are surrounding his new location, and he is unsure of what will happen. Kill the woman, kill the rest. Holding his axe in two hands, the barbarian runs toward the far end of the barge and leaps toward the woman, raising his axe high overhead. He lands in the water just in front of the woman, bringing the axe down in hopes of splitting her in two like one splits wood. But she merely steps to one side and the axe bites into the log instead.
“Come to play with me, pig face?” she snarls, pulling a long knife from a sheath on her back. She mutters a quick incantation and grins. “Now…let’s play!”

Reaching into his cloak pocket the boy pulls an unimpressive sling. Letting stones fly at the approaching Ogre he wonders if we will do any good this way. But surprises himself as a stone glances off the Ogre’s head! (D2)

“Damn it, Bra’kan!” Mirko mutters as he takes aim at the Ogre swimming toward him. Mirko fires and the shaft strikes the Ogre just under its right eye, bursting out the back of its neck and lodging in its back! (C36 – holy shit!) The Ogre quivers a few times in death, but Mirko pays it no mind; he’s already planning his next move.
The cloaked figures on the riverbanks unleash another barrage of arrows at the barges with deadly efficiency, killing two more guards. An arrow sticks in Aramil’s chain shirt, giving him a deep bruise (D1), and Mirko takes a shaft in the thigh that only makes him angrier than he already is! (D7)
"Damn it, their better with a bow than I thought." Aramil says to the Mirko and the others on his barge. "LUCKY YOU'RE IN THE TREES YOU BASTARDS!!" He yells at the cloaked figures, knowing that if they weren't one would surely be dead. Taking aim again, he fires at one of the cloaked figures, striking the archer in the chest and dropping him instantly! (D10)
Aramil sees another Ogre approaching the riverbank to his left, but the brute doesn’t enter the water. But the Ogre nearest the lead barge, attacks a wounded guardsman with its long spear, impaling the man and tossing him into the river. With a howl of laughter, the Ogre grabs the railing and begins to pull himself aboard.
Domin, burned and bleeding, manages to get to his feet in time to see the guard thrown into the river. He pulls a scimitar from his waist and yells, “For Goldenfields!”
The brave river captain charges the Ogre, slashing at its hairy arm and leaving a deep bloody gash! The Ogre howls in pain and lets go of the barge, even as the other guards fire upon the other Ogre in the water, hitting it twice.

“I’ll give you something to play with!” Bra’kan growls, chopping at the woman’s legs with his axe. The agile woman jumps over the barbarian’s first swing, but the back swing slashes her across the thigh, leaving a bloody furrow! (D8)
She hisses in pain and leaps upon Bra’kan, driving the knife deep into his left breast (D5). Bra’kan howls in pain and then his mind goes white hot as an electrical discharge from the ensorcelled blade jolts him to his core! (D9)
“That hurt?” the woman whispers in his ear.

Not the tactician but definitely realizing that they are outnumbered and outclassed, even with the high ground, Babelson thinks the best option may be to leave this caravan. "Perhaps we should just give them the blessed one?!" He yells so those closest could hear him. "We are severely overpowered here."
The other terrified passengers huddled nearby look at him as if he’s grown a third eye, but the ranger gives him a brief glance and nods.


Seeing the river captain in trouble, Mirko plans to make the leap to the lead barge, when he notices another Ogre approaching from the right. Limping from the arrow in his thigh, the barbarian draws his great sword and hurries to the edge just as the Ogre reaches up for a handhold. “Not today!” Mirko yells, cleaving the Ogre in the neck and nearly taking its head off! (D12) He watches in satisfaction as the Ogre floats away, a dazed look on its ugly face.
The air comes alive again with arrows as the archers on the riverbanks pick their targets. Two more barge guards fall to the archers’ shots and Mirko takes another arrow in the back, driving him forward against the barge railing. (D7)
“We’re like ducks on a pond out here!” Aramil says, finding another target and firing. The arrow buries in the archer’s neck, killing it instantly. “The boy’s right! We are overpowered! We have to do something fast!” the ranger says, nocking another arrow.

Mirko hears all this as he tries to reach the arrow in his lower back to pull it free. He sees the archers and the guards shooting and killing each other. Then, looking to the lead barge, he is shocked to see an Ogre impale Domin with a long spear! The captain screams as bloody froth flies from his mouth but…he doesn’t stop fighting! Domin lifts his scimitar with both hands and chops the Ogre in the head, slicing off a goodly portion of its face! As the Ogre thrashes in the water, Domin sits down on the burning barge and turns to look at Mirko. He gives the barbarian a weary salute before closing his eyes.

Stats:
Aramil – 12/11
Bra’kan – 15/1
Babelson – 11/11
Mirko – 27/13

Whoohoo! How's that for ye fellers? Nice way to start the morning, eh? So...you got some thinking to do - are you gonna stay and fight or are you gonna swim fer it? You sure took out some Ogres! And the archers are thining out too...but so are the guards. Bra'kan - you like you're new play thing?
So, take a good look at the map and give me two-three rounds of actions. Next post tonight or tomorrow depending upon when YOU post.
Axe High!
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg River Battle Map 3.JPG (93.5 KB, 4 views)
  #12  
Unread 17th of August, 2006, 00:21
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.66 per day)
"NOOOO!!!!" The young boy yells at the sight of losing the kindly captain who granted him passage and a job while not prying when Babelson told him not to ask about his hands. The guilt wells up inside him and he looks down to his companion who has spent the entire time growling and trying to keep the passengers from being impaled.

Yelling to the passengers the halfling sounds authoritative with tears in his eyes. "Get down on the deck, it'll be harder to hit you."

Mounting Red he calls upon the powers inside of him to gain the ability to jump farther and Red feels the familiar tingle of power as well. "Hyah! Go to Domin, boy. Jump to the other barge, then to him." The scarlet hound makes a running leap to the first barge and it is questionable how the young fellow even stays on.

Continuing to move towards Domin they leap into the water soon after that. During the jump through the air the cloak of the young child is loosened and flies off, revealing a low cut shirt and the child's birth marks which look like deep scars on his chest. Cradling the man, the hin checks if he is still alive. "Speak to me captain. Tell me you're not dead yet."

After determining the captain is still alive he casts CLW on him to stabilize him:
While channeling the healing power of nature inherent of him the clothe wrappings covering his hands flutter in the breeze non-existent before then.

"Stop. This fighting must stop. No more shall die today because of me." Standing up the diminutive male holds his outstretched hands to slow incoming traffic while hanging his head in defeat.

Last edited by akiko; 17th of August, 2006 at 07:26.
  #13  
Unread 17th of August, 2006, 03:36
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
The carnage in his eyes becomes even bloodier as the red rage boiling in his blood taints his senses

Mirko rushes towards Bar’kan, jumping and evading corpse and arrows alike, he takes the closes rout towards his friend and the bitch carving him

Mirko will charge and power attack the bitch, (he’s in rage by now) and keep hacking at her until she’s down, they manage to kill her he will go after the archers closer to him

First attack (charge)
Great Sword +6 to hit, 2d6+17, 19-20/x2
AC:13

following attacks:
Great Sword +6 to hit, 2d6+13, 19-20/x2
AC:15


Base: Great Sword (+6, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Rage: +2 to hit; +3 damage (two handed weapon); -2 AC; +4 hit points
Charge: +2 to hit; -2 AC
Power Attack: charge attack -4 to hit +8 damage; attacks after -2 to hit +4 damage
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #14  
Unread 17th of August, 2006, 06:38
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
"Whoah!" Aramil says when the boy jumps on his dog, and then the pair jumps to the lead barge. He then observes his targets, and then hits a quondry. The woman....one of the orges....or more of those cloaked bastards....."AHHHHH!!! DUCK UP THERE!!!" He yells before firing off a shot at the woman. He then returns to shooting ogres and cloaked people.

OOC: Fire at the woman. Then return to shooting "others", and shoot the southern ogre if it steps in the water, or the northern ogre if it comes toward Aramil's barge.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #15  
Unread 17th of August, 2006, 10:07
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
"YOU ARE FACING BRA'KAN. MIGHTIEST OF WARRIORS!" Taking the stinging hit, Bra'kan waives it also as nothing and grabs ahold of his axe and tightening his grip around it. He then spins it as hard as he can as fast as he can into the woman, hoping that his power will overtake the lady in front of him.

OOC: Attack woman til death. When she's dead, go back to barge originated from and see how the little one is doing. (Give him some protection, while trying not to die)
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #16  
Unread 17th of August, 2006, 14:13
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Scenario 3, Quick Post 4

Scenario 3, Quick Post 4: Revelations
Initiative Order: Bra’kan (21), Sorceress (20), Babelson (19), Mirko (18), Others (16), Aramil (11), Ogres (9), Domin/Guards (5)


"YOU ARE FACING BRA'KAN, MIGHTIEST OF WARRIORS!" Bra’kan shouts in the woman’s face, taking the stinging hit and waving it off as nothing. The barbarian tightens his grip on his double axe and spins it as hard and fast as he can, hoping that his power will overtake the lady on top of him. But…even though the rage has consumed him, he cannot dislodge the woman.
She smiles at his futile efforts, her gray eyes alive with energy and the smell of blood. “The master can use one like you, my stout friend,” she murmurs through pointed teeth as she jerks her knife free of Bra’kan’s chest. “And so can I.”
With a savage snarl, the woman’s face stretches beyond what is humanly possible, bones cracking, muscles popping. Thick black hair suddenly sprouts from her arms, legs, and back. Bra’kan’s mouth drops open in horror and then he screams as the wolfish creature bites him in the neck! (D4) Bra’kan feels his legs go limp and give out from under him even as his eyes cloud over. He realizes he is dying, and yet…
“So long for now, Bra’kan, mightiest of warriors,” the she-beast growls.


"NOOOO!!!!" The young boy yells at the sight of losing the kindly captain who granted him passage and a job. Domin did not even pry when Babelson told him not to ask about his hands. The guilt wells up inside him and he looks down to his companion who has spent the entire time growling and trying to keep the passengers from being impaled.
Yelling to the passengers the Halfling sounds authoritative with tears in his eyes. "Get down on the deck; it'll be harder to hit you."
Mounting Red he calls upon the powers inside of him to gain the ability to jump farther and Red feels the familiar tingle of power as well. "Hyah! Go to Domin, boy. Jump to the other barge, then to him." The scarlet hound makes a running leap to the first barge and it is questionable how the young fellow even stays on.

“Whoa!” Aramil exclaims watching the boy and his dog before returning his attention to his targets. Still finding it hard to believe that Bra’kan is down, Aramil decides to fire upon the sorceress.

Mirko doesn’t notice the hound and the boy dart past him – he’s just witnessed Bra’kan being cut down by some beast and the red rage boiling in his blood taints his senses. Mirko rushes toward his fallen companion, leaping toward the first barge, following his friend’s path. The barbarian lands awkwardly and falls hard, which is fortunate because almost as soon as he lands, the archers on shore fill the air again with arrows.
Aramil cries out in pain as an arrow pierces his chain shirt and lodges in his ribs (D6) while another misses his head by a hair’s width.

Gritting his teeth against the pain, Aramil takes aim on the she-beast - who is incredulously dragging Bra’kan’s body upon one of the logs – and fires. His aim is true and the arrow strikes her in the back…and shatters, much like the one Mirko shot just a few seconds earlier.
The she-beast turns and gives the Elf a throaty laugh and then springs toward the lead barge, landing easily in a crouch. Her gray eyes flick toward the barbarian who is regaining his balance and the boy she has come for. During the lad’s leap to the barge, his cloak loosened and flew off, revealing a low cut shirt and his birth marks which appear to be deep scars on his chest. “Come to me, blessed one.” Her voice is a whisper above the carnage going on around her. “My master will care for you like no other. And I will be with you always.”

But Babelson pays her no mind, so intent he is on reaching Domin’s side. Cradling the man, the Hin checks if he is still alive. "Speak to me captain. Tell me you're not dead yet." Domin stirs, gasping for breath, but does not open his eyes. The boy quickly summons his power and sends healing magic into the captain’s body. (H5) While channeling the healing power of nature, the cloth wrappings covering his hands flutter in the breeze.

With a savage roar that jolts Babelson back to what is going on around him, Mirko charges the she-beast, his great sword raised to strike. She regards him with those gray eyes and when he swings, she leaps aside, and his blade slices off a lock of her hair and carves a chunk out of the barge’s deck.

“I shall add you to my stock as well, barbarian!” she growls, slashing at Mirko with her knife. The blade digs a bloody gash in barbarian’s stomach (D6) and then the beast leaps at him, fangs bared. Mirko gets an arm up and barely manages to hold her off as her bloodied teeth snap at his face.
Grunting with effort, Mirko shoves her off him and brings his greatsword around in an arc, aiming it at her chest. And again, she nimbly dodges his blade and crouches, ready to spring. She licks Mirko’s blood off her knife and says, “Having fun yet?”


Aramil isn’t because it seems the archers have his position nailed down as yet another arrow finds its mark in his shoulder (D3). Another shaft misses him but kills one of the passengers nearby and this fills the ranger with rage.
He finds his target, and draws and fires in one fluid motion. The arrow punches a hole in the archer’s throat and with a gargled scream, he tumbles into the river. (D9) Grimly satisfied, Aramil is nocking another arrow when a ragged cry comes from behind him. He turns to see an Ogre with two arrows the its ugly head, floating by his barge. He continues to turn and counts only two guards remaining. “This is madness,” he mutters. And then his words are echoed from the mouth of the boy.


"Stop. This fighting must stop. No more shall die today because of me." Standing over Domin’s body, the diminutive male holds his outstretched hands toward Mirko and the she-beast, while hanging his head in defeat.

The woman glances at the boy and then back at Mirko. “Release the blessed one to me and I’ll call off my archers. Fight me and all of you will die here today.”
Her lupine-like face grins at the barbarian and her short stubby tail wags in kind. “What will it be, barbarian?”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Aramil – 12/2
Bra’kan – 15/-4
Babelson – 11/11
Mirko – 27/7 (+4)

And so it comes down to this! Whoowhee! One down, one fading fast, and two to go.......maybe. What's it gonna be fellers? Talk to me.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg River Battle Map 4.JPG (93.6 KB, 4 views)
  #17  
Unread 17th of August, 2006, 14:37
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
"I'll only give up the 'blessed one' if he wishes to be given up. I don't know how blessed he could be, having to go with you and your vile creatures." Aramil is seething, ready to shoot something else, or draw his longsword; something. "If he does choose to give himself up, I ask one thing. Your live ogre dies to compensate the innocent that was killed."

OOC: I forgot contingencies. If Babelson gives himself up, Aramil listens to the woman's response to his idea, and then pegs the ogre with an arrow...or two, or three. If Babelson doesn't give himself up, Aramil continues to shoot "others" targeting the ones near Bra'kan's body.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal

Last edited by generaljimX; 17th of August, 2006 at 14:46.
  #18  
Unread 17th of August, 2006, 15:47
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko contains himself pushing down his rage, he’s sure he can cut this bitch down but as sure the arrows will cut everybody down,

grinds his teeth and tightens his grip on his sword, looks around, the guards dead, domin dying, he saw brakan fall, Aramil barely stnding…..

he looks down at his bloody sword wishing the lives of so many friends did not fall on his next action

looks babel in the eye and nods, he’s a full man even if his body shows a boy, Mirko does not say a word to the boy but his eyes tell him he’s not going to leave him to this fate

turns to the she dog

"Leave the half-orc bitch"

its apparent Mirko is barely contained and is only backing off to save the others, Brakan, Domin, Aramil, the guards and passengers,

if the she-bitch gives back brakan and leaves all alone he’ll stand down calming armil if he needs to, they are going to follow the group to release the boy, but now it would only be more deaths

Meaningless….

she may take the boy now, but they’ll not reach her master….

if she does not release brakan, Mirko will attack her, no power attack, more precise attacks
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus

Last edited by Belkregos; 17th of August, 2006 at 15:57.
  #19  
Unread 18th of August, 2006, 08:57
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
The dog-beast snarls with bared fangs
its heavy breath on his face

the deck slick and wet with blood
Crimson color deluded as blood mixes with river water
bodies floating
labored breathing sounds as background

lungs burning, his heart’s heavy pounding on his ear drums

damn bitch
you’ll bleed for this
sharpen your blade
all bets are closed and you’re already dead
your first mistake was to mess with us
your second mistake will be not to kill us when you have the chance
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #20  
Unread 18th of August, 2006, 12:19
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Scenario 3, Quick Post 5

Scenario 3, Quick Post 5: Bargains

Somehow, Mirko contains himself, pushing down his rage. He’s sure he can cut this bitch down but just as sure the arrows will cut everybody down. He grinds his teeth and tightens his grip on his sword and looks around at the battle scene: the guards are dead, Domin is dying, he saw Bra’kan fall, and Aramil barely standing.
Mirko looks down at his bloody sword, wishing the lives of so many friends did not fall on his next action. He then looks the strange young man in the eye and nods. He’s a full man even if his body shows a boy. Mirko does not say a word him, but his eyes tell him he’s not going to leave him to this fate. Setting his jaw, he turns to the she-dog.

"Leave the Half-orc, bitch."
She considers Mirko for a moment and then says, “The blessed one for the life of a broken one. Seems like a fair trade to me.”

"I'll only give up the 'blessed one' if he wishes to be given up!” Aramil shouts from the second barge. “I don't know how blessed he could be, having to go with you and your vile creatures." The ranger is seething, ready to shoot something else, or draw his longsword; something. "If he does choose to give himself up, I ask one thing. The Ogre dies to compensate the innocent that was killed."
The Ogre in question pays no mind to the conversation; he’s too busy with the three sheep he’s trying to carry while swimming back to shore. The lone guard aboard the sheep barge and the remaining guard on the rear barge nervously await orders, arrows nocked and ready.
”Very well,” the she-beast shrugs. “Kill it if you can; it matters not to me.”


Disgusted and yet needing to release his anger, Aramil stands and fires at the Ogre, hitting the brute in the shoulder (D7). The two remaining guards, glad to have something to do, fire upon the Ogre as well. In less than a minute, the hapless Ogre is riddled with arrows and floating slowly down the river, still holding a dead sheep to its breast.

Babelson shudders at the Ogres pleas for help and is horrified to see there is no compassion on the face of the she-beast…who begins to transform while he and Mirko watch. It takes but a few seconds for her to squelch her hybrid form and return to the dark and deadly woman that has changed their lives forever.

“Time to go, my young friend,” she says, beckoning Babelson to come to her. Red growls menacingly and his hackles stand on end, but Babelson wraps his dark-stained arms and hands around the large dog’s neck, soothing him for a moment.
And then, with a parting glance at Domin and Mirko, Babelson, his head hung in shame, goes to the woman – payment for the lives of those who fought to save him.
The woman smiles as he walks toward her and she takes him by the hand and leads him to the edge of the barge where three of her archers await to help him step from the barge to the logs.
“What about…Bra’kan?” Babelson asks as he passes the unconscious barbarian.
“A bargain is a bargain,” the woman says, never taking her eyes from Mirko. “Isn’t that right, barbarian?”
Mirko says nothing – his lungs are burning, his heart is pounding so loud on his ear drums that he can barely hear the woman’s question. He lowers his eyes to the stained deck of the barge – it is wet and slick with blood. He glances to his right and watches a dead Ogre float slowly by, its face frozen in open-mouthed agony.
“I know what you’re thinking, barbarian,” the woman says and suddenly all of the sounds flood back into Mirko’s mind. His breathing still labored, he takes a step forward, his knuckles white around the hilt of his greatsword.
“You’re thinking that you will follow us and overtake us and…SAVE THE DAY!” She declares dramatically, throwing her arms in the air. “You humans are so predictable.” Then her smile fades and her gray eyes grow threatening. “Listen to me well, barbarian – follow at your own peril. I spared you once – I will not spare you a second time. Cross me again and I will offer your heart to the Beastlord.”
She wheels and leaps to the logs, moving swiftly to Bra’kan’s side. One of her archers, hands her a corked vial. She looks at Mirko and grins and tucks the vial inside Bra’kan’s leather armor.
She is then moving again as her archers usher Babelson into the fringes of Ardeep Forest. Red begins to whine and bark and the young man turns and gives his friend a last look before the woman takes him by the hand turns him away.
”Farewell, barbarian.”

And then she is running through the woods…and Babelson with her.
“Damn bitch!” Mirko swears, slamming his fist on the railing of the barge. “You’ll bleed for this!” he mutters, watching them go. “Sharpen your blade because all bets are closed and you’re already dead.”
He turns to see Aramil standing and watching too. The Elf nods, his jaw set, his face grim. “You were saying?”
“I was saying that her first mistake was to mess with us. Her second mistake was not to kill us when she had the chance.”

And then they are gone, swallowed by the forest. Mirko and Aramil are left staring into the dark forest as Red begins to howl.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Stats:
Aramil – 12/2
Bra’kan – 15/0
Babelson – 11/11
Mirko – 27/7

There you go fellers! Now...whatcha gonna do? It's still somewhat early in the day, although it is still drizzling rain. Plan your strategy and tell me how you are gonna follow the baddies.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg River Battle Map 5.JPG (115.9 KB, 3 views)
  #21  
Unread 18th of August, 2006, 14:14
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Aramil jumps over the ledge of his barge, swims to the next, and climbs aboard. "We'll get her," He says. "But we need to plan wisely. They greatly outnumber us, and probably have more of those 'potions'. Speaking of which, do we trust her enough to give it to Bra'kan?"

Thoughts race in the elf's head, trying to sort out the best plan of action to get back at the wolf lady, without dying. He's slowly going over all the skills he had trained, and comes upon a grouping that just might help.

"I can track them all day long. We could follow them until they set camp, and then ambush. Its not a plan I like, but it could work."
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #22  
Unread 18th of August, 2006, 15:10
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko’s cold eyes watch the she-wolf leave and as soon as she is gone he jumps towards Brakan, he lifts him and brings him down to the barge
Mirko grins as he sees Aramil already on the barge
“are you up for a hunt Aramil?”
“We’ll get them dogs, don’t doubt that”
he raises an eyebrow, seeing the red dog still hanging with them,
“don’t worry red, you can have your way with the bitch when we get her”

Mirko examines the vial
“it could be poison, then again Brakan has a tin gut, I’ve seen him drink stuff would burn a hole in an iron bucket”
he smell it, if its not an obvious poison he’ll give a dose to Brakan

nods to Domin
we’ll catch up with you Domin, we have a little business out here in the woods

__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #23  
Unread 18th of August, 2006, 22:08
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Scenario 3, Quick Post 6

Scenario 3, Quick Post 6: A Little Healing

As soon as the archers disappear into the woods, Aramil jumps over the ledge of his barge, swims to the next, and climbs aboard. "We'll get her," He says. "But we need to plan wisely. They greatly outnumber us, and probably have more of those 'potions'. Speaking of which, do we trust her enough to give it to Bra'kan?"
Mirko’s cold eyes watch the she-wolf leave and as soon as she is gone he jumps towards Bra’kan. Grunting with the effort, he lifts Bra’kan and floats him to the barge. Mirko grins as he sees Aramil already onboard. Domin and Aramil help Mirko lift Bra’kan onto the barge, and then Mirko examines the vial left by the she-wolf.
“It could be poison,” he says, sniffing the vial. “Then again, Bra’kan has a tin gut - I’ve seen him drink stuff would burn a hole in an iron bucket.”
Aramil nods and Mirko uncorks the vial and pours the contents down Bra’kan’s throat. Nothing happens for a few seconds and then suddenly Bra’kan gasps for air and breaks into a fit of coughing and gagging. Mirko helps his fellow barbarian sit up and slaps him on the back a few times.
While Bra’kan comes around, thoughts race in Aramil’s head, trying to sort out the best plan of action to get back at the wolf lady, without dying. He slowly goes over all the skills he has learned and comes upon a grouping that just might help.
”What…what the hell happened?” Bra’kan exclaims, looking around wildly. “Where’s the she-devil?” He feels around his neck and winces at the tender flesh that is still healing.
”My head is pounding and I ain’t even drunk!”

“Glad to have you back,” Mirko says, standing up and looking into the woods again. “Are you up for a hunt, Aramil?”
"I can track them all day long.” The ranger says, crossing his arms over his chest. “We could follow them until they set camp, and then ambush. It’s not a plan I like, but it could work."
“They’ll be watching for you, that’s for sure!” Domin says, helping Bra’kan to his feet.
“We’ll get them dogs, don’t doubt that,” Mirko says confidently, noticing the red dog walking toward them. “Don’t worry Red; you can have your way with the bitch when we get her.”
“The hell he can!” Bra’kan shouts. “That wench is mine! I owe her and she’s gonna…get…what’s…coming…”
The barbarian rushes to the edge of the barge and spews the river with vomit, heaving until nothing is left to come up.
Domin shakes his head and looks up to see that the two remaining guards have managed to steer two of the barges to the riverbank. Then the two resilient men swim to the passenger barge and Domin walks over to talk to them.

The passengers are still terrified, but also relieved that the archers and the woman are gone. The dead passenger, the one shot with an arrow, is being cradled by a weeping young man; seems it is his grandfather who was killed.

Domin walks away from the second barge with a sigh; he looks exhausted and is trying to figure out what to do next.
Mirko nods to him, and says, “We’ll catch up with you, Domin - we have a little business out here in the woods.”
Domin nods, scratching his head, and says, “If you are going into the woods after the boy…er, young man, then I’ve got a little something that may help.” He walks to a chest and unlocks it with a key from his pouch. Reaching inside, the river captain takes out a small unadorned box. He opens it and you see five corked vials inside.
“I always keep a supply of healing draughts in case any of my guards get sick.” Domin takes one for himself and offers the other four to you. He uncorks the vial and gulps down the contents, smacking his lips with a barely contained belch.
“I’m gonna do the best I can to get these folks downriver – gonna ditch two of the barges here and take them and the sheep and head on out. Best not to stay around here too long. Never know what the dead bodies might bring around.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Aramil – 12/2
Bra’kan – 15/11
Mirko – 27/7 (+4)
Items: 4 vials of healing

Okay, fellers - now whatcha gonna do? Give me your actions as if you are moving out - which I assume you are. Another will be joining us in the hunt - elmer jok! And akiko - don't go anywhere; I have plans for Babelson in the next post
Talk to me in OOC and get ready to start the hunt!
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg River Battle Map 6.JPG (114.9 KB, 5 views)
  #24  
Unread 19th of August, 2006, 02:29
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko nods in thanks to Domin drinking one of the vials and passing the box to aramil,

I counted 8 archers with the wench, we should be able to take care of them if we can turn the tables and is us the ones with cover,
they’ll either leave some of them behind in waiting or set traps for us, either way we have to be careful, if they see us coming they might set another ambush,

starts preparing for the trip, gathers extra arrows adjusts his sword belt and armor to be a bit more comfortable running
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #25  
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 23:02
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Looking around Gregson smiles.

The other guard looks at him as if he were mad. "What are you smiling about fool... we've failed our duty."

"Nay, we haven't failed, or we'd all be dead." Gregson states gesturing to those still alive. "We may not have won the day, but, we've saved many lives trying."

The smile upon Gregson's face doesn't depict the true turmoil of emotions welling up within Gregson. Nearly a dozen of my fellow guardsmen dead, Domin looking quite worse for wear, even one of the common folk fallen by their foul arrows... quite a bloody battle "Learn to see the light in the dark Jesse, there's much yet to live for... like seeing the rest of these poor folk to safety." He says refering to the remaining passengers.

"You got a strange look in your eyes Greg'... what gives?" Asks Jesse, the other guard.

What gives? Maybe seeing that pit-be-damned-she-wolf-beast take off with that poor little half-man. Maybe seeing the arrows rain into the flesh of my comrades but not a one hit me. Maybe hearing you whine like a first year guard fresh out of the academy. MAYBE, having the feeling that I'm powerless to do anything about it. "Attend to these folk and the sheep, I'm going to talk with Domin."

Walking over to where the others are attending their wounded Gregson overhears the elf and the half-orc talk of pursuit. I wonder... could Domin spare me? "Sir?" Gregson asks Domin, "Might I venture forth, into the woods, with the rest of these guys. I'd like to lend whatever help I can, and dole out vengence for my fallen comrades, such as it may be. I don't know what help I'd be here if the barges were to fall under attack again, but out there..." he gestures to the forest "well, I know I'm sworn to you, so I ask, no, I beg you... let me go with them? They can use all the help they can get." Surely he'll see my point.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren