Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies

Reply
Thread Tools
  #276  
Unread 19th of August, 2006, 11:56
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
“ Originally Posted by generaljimX Well, darn it, how much did I heal by drinking the darned thing? ”
Rolling right now...........9 hp - gives you a total of 11; one shy of full hp.
-g-
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Unread 20th of August, 2006, 11:46
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko gives Aramil and the guear 3 more silver arrows each and keeps the last 4,
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Unread 20th of August, 2006, 13:12
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
guear, is that a referance to my guy?
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Unread 20th of August, 2006, 13:30
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
“ Originally Posted by elmer_jok guear, is that a referance to my guy? ”
yep, sorry meant guard
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Unread 20th of August, 2006, 20:02
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Mark everything on your sheets fellers. There is also one healing draught remaining - who wants to carry it?

I hope to post today about getting you fellers on the trail after Babelson; I also plan to post about Babelson. I'm assuming you are gonna head out after him right away, right? Or do you want to rest for 8 hours and then leave out?
One thing to consider is this: IF you decide to rest a full 8 hours, you will gain XP for everything killed in the river battle, which will probably push Aramil and Bra'kan up to 2nd level. This may be a good thing in the coming conflict; or it may not be necessary. Your choice.

My summer vacation comes to an end tomorrow
Yes, I return to work on Monday and hopefully will still be able to access ORP from work - our school system is notorious for blocking any webpages that deal with games, auctions, email, etc.
If I post during the day tomorrow, you'll know I can still access ORP from my office!
-g-

Last edited by hedgeknight; 20th of August, 2006 at 20:18.
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Unread 20th of August, 2006, 20:53
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Question

“ Originally Posted by akiko I'm ready to go. Sorry I didn't post such. If it all goes down that way (ie everyone lays down arms) he will shrug shoulders, lower head and go. Feel free to embellish I am finally wrapping up a huuuuuuge issue which popped up on Monday and my boss is on vaca. ”
Quick question for you: will Red go with Babelson or will he stay behind? After I reread the quick post (where Babelson left Red on the barge) I got to thinking that perhaps Red would come with him.
Let me know - it's not a problem to adjust if Red comes with him.
Thanks.
-g-
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Unread 20th of August, 2006, 22:43
akiko's Avatar
akiko
Zombie Bird [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1680
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,054 (0.66 per day)
Nah, I was going to order him to stay. Up to you if he does, I can't remember what he is trained for and would have to go back to threbb to find it. I usually pick a purpose and install those in my companions.
__________________
mmmm... brains... or seed.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 04:42
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
It's up to you guys if we're to rest or not. My guy is just following orders, speaking of... Does Domin order me to go with the group or would you like me to speak up and ask to go. I'm sure the group wouldn't reject any further help. I just haven't seen any mention of it yet.
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 06:18
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Whenever you wish to announce your intentions to the group is fine with me. I figure Domin will release him seeing as he has another guard and only two barges to contend with. He's planning to leave two of the barges where they are and after clearing the log jam, take two barges on to Waterdeep. So, whenever you wish to post, go right ahead.

-g-
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 08:04
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
“ Originally Posted by akiko Nah, I was going to order him to stay. Up to you if he does, I can't remember what he is trained for and would have to go back to threbb to find it. I usually pick a purpose and install those in my companions. ”
That's dandy - nice post by the way.

You other fellers 'bout ready to get rolling?
-g-
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 11:36
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Resting will probably be wise ...

Not only would there be XP involved, but also Mirko and Bra'kan will be able to rage again the next day.
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 12:15
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
i'd be good to stay thoug Mirko would be wanting to go right away, we have a hard fight ahead, if we stay we will need to really step on it but still need to be careful as for sure they'll be waiting for us and if we hurry and are careless ....
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 19:20
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Decisions, decisions....what does Aramil think?
-g-
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Unread 21st of August, 2006, 23:27
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Aramil would like to rest, but he knows how much harder it is to track while moving fast. He'd up for the group to move at least a little today, so as to not have to hurry so much the next day. Also, by waiting, they may not be ready for us, thinking we gave up. So, he'll track for a couple hours, and set up camp.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 02:17
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
“ Originally Posted by generaljimX Aramil would like to rest, but he knows how much harder it is to track while moving fast. He'd up for the group to move at least a little today, so as to not have to hurry so much the next day. Also, by waiting, they may not be ready for us, thinking we gave up. So, he'll track for a couple hours, and set up camp. ”
Mirko trusts Armil's judgement, they might think we did not follow, we should do some "stealth camping"

not cook where we are going to sleep and if posible not start a fire, there'll only be 4 of us so we should be able to hide our bedrol and stuff
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 03:55
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Sounds like a plan - I'll work on the next post tonight/tomorrow.
I'm sending this from my office at work, so for now, I can still access ORP from work. I was hoping I could, but you never know which sites our school system will block.
Later.
-g-
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 04:00
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
I know how you feel about that. They blocked 3ebb at my school last year, IIRC, for having too many pictures. *shrug* I'm just not going to access ORP from school. Not like I really have time, supposed to be doing homework and all....
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 18:48
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
So...as I understand it, you have decided to track for a few hours, camp, rest for 8 hours, and then go after them again. Is that right?
Just wanting to clarify before I finish the next post today...and before I award xp.
Thanks.

Oh, and fantastic opening post EJ! Very nice and welcome to the game! Will have Domin's reply in my next quick post.
-g-

Last edited by hedgeknight; 22nd of August, 2006 at 19:04.
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 20:29
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Yes, that is what we're doing.

It feels weird to have actually slept at night for the first time in weeks....
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Unread 22nd of August, 2006, 23:30
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Lightbulb

Morning fellers! Here is your XP for the river battle:
  • Aramil - 900 (archers and Ogre assist) + 50 for ideas = 950 xp!
  • Mirko - 900 (two Ogres; one full, one assist)
  • Gregson - 450 (archers and Ogre assist)
  • Bra'kan - 125 - just for being ballsy and damn near getting himself killed off! Plus, being 2nd level is cool!
That should put Aramil and Bra'kan up to 2nd level.
Want your hp?
Aramil - 6 + 2 CON = 8
Bra'kan - 8 + 3 CON = 11

Please update your sheets (along with Skill pts, etc).
Also, if you feel slighted or have comments about XP, please, just ask. I'm an easy DM to get along with - I want to be fair to everyone. I promise not to take it out on your character.
Actually, I much prefer group XP to individual, but some situations warrant it. Later.
-g-
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Unread 23rd of August, 2006, 05:59
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
I have updated Aramil. I almost asked how you were handling HP, but then realized that you already rolled it. A day of school has zapped me....

Anyway, I'd like to keep the conversation that Mirko, Aramil, Bra'kan, and Gregson have before heading out here. Makes to keep all the "action" there, you know? I suggest this color for that, regardless.Not hard on the eyes, per se, but stands out from the background. Unless, of course, you're color blind.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Unread 23rd of August, 2006, 06:52
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Sounds dandy to me jimx.

And school/work has me frazzled a bit too - and tomorrow night we have orientation for all the rising 6th graders and new 7-8th graders - should be loads of fun.
-g-
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Unread 23rd of August, 2006, 07:07
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Yeah, that should be fun. Enjoy that....

"Another bow sounds dandy" Aramil says when Domin says its up to them if the guard joins them. "Besides, if he really wants to...We need to have a few basic hand signals laid down." He then shows and discuss all the ones he knows, be them very few in number none-the-less. "No one attacks until I give the signal. I don't want us dieing due to an apparent ambush and someone just rushing in." After a small pause, he continues. "What's your name, guard? Can't well be calling you 'guard' all the time, you know."Maybe that will lightent he mood just a bit......
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Unread 23rd of August, 2006, 11:05
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
“ Originally Posted by generaljimX Yeah, that should be fun. Enjoy that....

"Another bow sounds dandy" Aramil says when Domin says its up to them if the guard joins them. "Besides, if he really wants to...We need to have a few basic hand signals laid down." He then shows and discuss all the ones he knows, be them very few in number none-the-less. "No one attacks until I give the signal. I don't want us dieing due to an apparent ambush and someone just rushing in." After a small pause, he continues. "What's your name, guard? Can't well be calling you 'guard' all the time, you know."Maybe that will lightent he mood just a bit......
”
Evening fellers! I copied this to the Scenario 3 (teaser) thread and would like for you to respond and continue this conversation there, keeping in IC and out of OOC. Cool beans? You will notice that I also changed the text color - this red is burning a hole in my brain!
The pastel colors work better for my old eyes.
-g-
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Unread 23rd of August, 2006, 12:06
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
You could have just unformated the text....though that would have removed the italics as well. And, now that its back in an IC thread, it really doesn't have to be a color. Sorry to hear your eyes are sensitive to colors, btw.

Now, completely off-topic: what grade/class do you teach?
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 05:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren