Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > The Darnathian Prophecies > Finished Adventures

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 12th of November, 2006, 13:15
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
for a few instants Mirko looks at the great beast in awe, though quickly the realization of the danger brings him back in action, no time to think, act,


he takes his bow and fires at the riders of the great beast, he’ll concentrate on them,
if the lizard men rush him, he’ll receive them with his great sword once he’s cut through them he’ll continue with the bow, when the riders are done with helnn tri to climb on the back of the beast and hack at it, keeping away from the tail and straping himself to the beast on whatever the lizardmen are using to ride the back of the beast


Composite Long Bow (+6, 1d8+4, x3 110’)
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #27  
Unread 13th of November, 2006, 10:04
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
"Flank the beast! I'll do what I can to weaken it." he yells out at the sailors as he puts away his quarterstaff. He closes to within about thirty feet then gestures while speaking words of magic. A coruscating ray of brilliant color leaps from Almegos outstretched hand towards the large dinosaur.

Never a dull moment around these folk he thinks to himself while pulling out his bow. After letting loose with his spell he backpeddles a safe distance then lets loose with a volley of arrows aimed at any that are not engaged in melee combat.

OOC: move to within 25 ft., cast ray of enfeeblement at the dinosaur, +6 ranged touch attack. Then move back behind the front liners, quickdraw bow and start firing at lizardmen not in melee combat, +6, 60ft. (1d6, Shortbow)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #28  
Unread 13th of November, 2006, 15:27
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
"Go ahead and use your magic, I'll use my axe to weaken the beast." Bra'kan rushes straight into the mess, not fearing any beast nor those who can tame it.

Not ready to fully risk death until he has cleared a little more of his bloodthirst. Bra'kan decides to work on the people able to tame the giant beast. He charges the closest lizard he can and continues trying to mow down anything he can.

OOC:
Charge: +10 1d8+6
Attack: +8 1d8+6
Full Attack: Double Orc Axe +6 / +6 1d8+4 / 1d8+2
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #29  
Unread 15th of November, 2006, 03:47
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 6

Scenario 4, Quick Post 6: Leaping Lizards!
Initiative Order: Almego (21), Mirko (20), Veit (19), Bra'kan (12), Lizardfolk (10), Captain Squint & crew (8)


"Flank the beast! I'll do what I can to weaken it!" Almego yells out at the sailors as he puts away his quarterstaff and moves toward the large dinosaur. As he closes to within about thirty feet, he gestures while speaking words of magic. A coruscating ray of brilliant color leaps from Almego’s outstretched hand towards the large dinosaur. The enfeebling ray sails over the beast’s head and nearly hits the lizardman that is steering it! The ankylosaurus lets out another loud “Cronk!” and barrels straight ahead, as Almego backpedals a safe distance, drawing his bow. Never a dull moment around these folk.

Mirko takes aim at the lizardman sitting behind the head of the dinosaur and fires. The arrow glances off the driver’s shoulder as the beast lumbers by and Mirko curses his luck and reaches for another arrow just as a lizardman leaps from the back of the beast and charges him! Mirko grunts as he ducks under the stone-headed club of his attacker and comes up on the other side of it and reaches for his greatsword.
The lizardman wheels, snapping its tail around and slapping Mirko in the ribs! (D3) Mirko grunts in pain and raises the greatsword, swinging wildly at his foe. The lizardman easily blocks the blade with a crude looking shield and steps back, even as some of the sailors charge it from behind.

Veit calls upon Chauntea to give him courage but somehow cannot decide what to do in the face of such foes. And then his choices are taken from him as the ground comes alive around his feet! Seaweed and vines burst from the sandy shore, entangling the priest and holding him fast. Bra’kan sees his companion in trouble and shouts some encouragement before charging ahead. "Go ahead and use your magic, I'll use my axe to weaken the beast." Bra'kan shouts, rushing straight into the mess, not fearing any beast or those who can tame it. He meets a lizardman head-on and brings the double Orc axe around and down, cutting deep into the Lizardman’s chest! (D7) The scaly creature staggers from the blow, but recovers enough to attack the barbarian. Bra’kan dodges the stone axe attack and then swings his double axe at waist level, gutting the lizardman like a fish! (D9)
Bra’kan steps over the dead creature as the rear rider, a lizardman shaman, leaps off the back of the dinosaur hissing loudly. The large cudgel in his claws glows eerily and he smacks Bra’kan in the side of the head with it, addling the barbarian! (D13 - max dmg baby! )

Screams fill the air of dying men and raging Lizardfolk. The ankylosaurus literally runs over one of the sailors in its path, crushing him to pulp. And as the sandy beach soaks up his blood, the driver barks a command and the beast wheels about at an incredible rate, bringing its heavy tail around to smack another unfortunate sailor and send him flying into the swamp. “CRONK!” the beast bellows, as the driver turns it to find more sailors to trample.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Stats:
Almego – 19/19 (Shield)
Bra’kan – 35/5 (Shield)
Mirko – 39/33
Veit – 25/11


Okay fellers - take a look at the updated map and talk to me. Don't like the delays between posts - I'm not gonna wait as long on the next one. Would like to wrap up this scenario by the weekend.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lizard Battle 2.JPG (46.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by hedgeknight; 15th of November, 2006 at 14:11.
  #30  
Unread 15th of November, 2006, 08:58
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
Almego, seeing Bra'kan take a huge hit, puts away his bow and lets loose again with more magic. That big fella can sure take a hit he thinks to himself before trying to daze the foe he's engaged with. After which he aims another ray of enfeeblement at the gigantic dinosaur.

ooc: sticking to the spells, dodge is on the dinosaur in case he charges, cast daze (will save DC 13) on the lizard man with the glowing club, then aim another ray of enfeeblement at the dinosaur. +6 ranged touch attack. (1d6+1 strength damage)
__________________
"Only the Truth is revolutionary."
  #31  
Unread 15th of November, 2006, 09:31
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Chauntea, I thought you were on MY side!!!

With that, the dwarf tries to break free. If he fails that, he drops his morningstar and hurls javalins at the dinosaur "driver" until he runs out, or the lizardman dies.

OOC: Try to break free first round. If he fails that, drop morningstar and throw javalins at the driver until he dies or I run out of javelins. If he breaks free, charge nearest lizardman, moving on to javalin throwing when he drops.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #32  
Unread 15th of November, 2006, 13:52
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
"I'll trade you axe for claw anyday you puny lizard." Not all to happy with the swipe from the lizard and the blood flow that followed, Bra'kan mauls his opponent with as much strength left as he relentlessly tries to take down his opponent.

Once the lizard is down, Bra'kan gives it another swipe with his axe just to make sure. Bra'kan then assesses the battlefield and tries to attempt where he best fits in.

OOC:
First, attack creature that attacked Bra'kan. Then attack any creatures in immediate vicinity. Then go to help companions, in preference: Veit, Mirko, Almego. Unless, Mirko gets damaged more, in which case Mirko becomes first, then Veit.

Charge: +10 1d8+6
Attack: +8 1d8+6
Full Attack: Double Orc Axe +6 / +6 1d8+4 / 1d8+2

__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #33  
Unread 15th of November, 2006, 16:03
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko brings hid sword crashing down on the lizardsmens head, looking to kill him quickly
seen Brakan torn and still heedless jumping to the fight, mirko just grinds his teeth

Damned halforc!!
shakes his head and goes to try and kill the lizardmen surrounding his friend before they finish him off
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #34  
Unread 15th of November, 2006, 21:37
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 7

Scenario 4, Quick Post 7: Lizard Slayers
Initiative Order: Almego (21), Mirko (20), Veit (19), Bra'kan (12), Lizardfolk (10), Captain Squint & crew (8)



Almego, seeing Bra'kan take a huge hit, puts away his bow and reaches into his spell component pouch. That big fella can sure take a hit he thinks, pulling out a pinch of wool and summoning the words to a simple spell to his mind. He speaks the incantation and blows the piece of wool in the direction of the Lizardman shaman. And the reaction is almost immediate. The shaman suddenly staggers and lowers his gleaming club, seeming to be dazed and confused. (OOC: Rolled a freaking “4”!)
Not all too happy with the swipe from the lizard and the blood flow that followed, Bra'kan takes advantage of the sudden respite from the shaman. "I'll trade you axe for claw any day you puny lizard!" Bra’kan growls, as he tries to maul his opponent with as much strength as he has left. He swings once and misses, still noodle-legged from the hit to the head, but he brings the axe around again and laughs in satisfaction as it “thunks” deep into the Lizardman’s ribs! (D8)
Nearby, Mirko brings his sword crashing down on the Lizardman’s head, splitting the creature’s skull, and showering the two sailors nearby with brains and gore. (D14) Glad to kill it quickly, Mirko turns to see his friend score a solid hit on his foe.
Damned Half-Orc! He thinks, shaking his head as he charges in to help Bra’kan finish off the shaman.

Chauntea, I thought you were on MY side!!!
Veit wails, grunting and straining to free himself. A sudden calming effect soothes his racing mind and he grins as he rips through the seaweed around his chest and legs. Morningstar in hand, Veit spies the most likely target lumbering toward him and Almego. The ankylosaurus tramples the dead as it is driven toward the mage and priest. Its driver hisses in glee feeling very safe in his seat, knowing that the puny two-legs are no match for his mount. Veit and Almego somehow don’t share the sentiment.

Almego summons his magic again and unleashes another crackling blue ray at the dinosaur, striking the beast in the head. The beast shudders and cries out in surprise, but then shakes its armored head and gives a loud “CRONK!” before resuming its charge. Veit roars to Chauntea and steps in, swinging his morningstar, landing a solid hit on the beast’s shoulder as it passes by (D8).
The blow numbs the priest’s arms and jars his teeth, but he doesn’t have much time to think about it as the beast thunders by intent on trampling Almego. “Get outta the way!” Veit shouts, but Almego is already moving. Leaping through the air, the sorcerous warrior tumbles out of the way, narrowly avoiding the dinosaur’s thick feet.
“Good man!” Veit calls out, but then finds himself diving to the sand as the thick tail of the beast swooshes overhead. “That would have killed us both!” Almego says, rolling to his feet. “We need to put this overgrown lizard down fast!”

Mirko steps into the dazed shaman and brings his greatsword down on the unfortunate Lizardman, cutting clean through the shaman’s shoulder (D14). Bra’kan flinches as blood sprays his face, but he hardly notices the shaman’s arm lying on the ground, fingers still clenching the glowing axe. Bringing the Orc axe around, Bra’kan chops the shaman in the neck, nearly taking off his head (D11); he steps aside as the Lizardman falls and then gives him another swipe of his axe just to make sure.

A loud “ka-pow” rings through the melee, and the barbarians look to see Captain Squint pointing a smoking object at a Lizardman that is flailing around on the sand at his feet. “Eat that, ye scaly bastard!” Squint roars, stepping forward and skewering the dying Lizardman with his rapier.

“We just got one more, lads! And it’s a biggun! We’re gonna be eatin’ good tonight!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 19/19 (Shield)
Bra’kan – 35/5 (Shield)
Mirko – 39/33
Veit – 25/11

Morning fellers! Fell asleep last night before posting, but got up early and served ye up a breakfast of lizards! One more big throwdown to go and it's gonna be a doozy!!!
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lizard Battle 3.JPG (46.3 KB, 6 views)
  #35  
Unread 16th of November, 2006, 08:01
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Veit drops his morningstar, and starts throwing javelins at the beast and driver. "Best to be away from it when it dies!" He says. The dwarf is targeting the driver first, but that doesn't mean that a rampaging dinosaur doesn't deserve a few holes in it....

OOC: Drop morningstar. Throw javelins at the driver until he is dead, then target the anklyosaurous.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #36  
Unread 16th of November, 2006, 11:50
Noocytx's Avatar
Noocytx
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member: #1727
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 764 (0.17 per day)
Huffing with every word, Bra'kan manages to state "I ... Will ... Not ... Fall." He is visibly weakend, not ready to continue, but he somehow manages to continue spinning his axe around and bring it up against any foe that stands in place.

OOC: Attack any that oppose him.
Charge: +10 1d8+6
Attack: +8 1d8+6
Full Attack: Double Orc Axe +6 / +6 1d8+4 / 1d8+2
__________________
-2007 Coolest Avatar Award-
  #37  
Unread 16th of November, 2006, 12:09
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
Mirko will work on freeing up Brakan, hacking at their immediate foes then move towards the great lizard sheathing his great sword and pulling out his blue steel B.F. Knife he’ll waive thru the battle field not wasting time with more lizard man, hack at some if the opportunity present while moving, climb to the driver of the beast and kill him

Blues Steel Big F**Knife (+8, 1d6+4, 17-20/x3)

OOC: can Mirko use the blue steel two handed?
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #38  
Unread 17th of November, 2006, 01:06
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Quick Post 8

Scenario 4, Quick Post 8: Parting Shots
Initiative Order: Almego (21), Mirko (20), Veit (19), Bra'kan (12), Lizardfolk (10), Captain Squint & crew (8)


Seeing that there are no more Lizardmen to battle, Mirko moves toward the great lizard, sheathing his great sword and pulling out his blue steel knife as he goes. He rushes the ankylosaurus and leaps at the driver of the beast, slashing with his knife. The blue-steel blade guts the Lizardman driver, nearly killing him! (D10) It cries out in agony as its entrails spill over the dinosaur’s neck and it tugs hard on the reins, wheeling the beast toward the swamp in an attempt to escape.
Unfortunately for the driver, Veit is ready for such a move. Having dropped his morningstar and hefted one of his javelins, the Dwarven priest of Chauntea hurls the shaft at the driver, skewering the Lizardman! (D7)
The dead Lizardman releases the reins on his huge mount and the ankylosaurus gives a deafening “CRONK!” of fear and plunges toward the swamp.
Huffing with every word, Bra'kan manages to state "I ... Will ... Not ... Fall!” as he places himself in a position to intercept the fleeing dinosaur. Visibly weakened and not ready to continue, he somehow manages to continue spinning his axe around and brings it down on the dinosaur as it comes at him. The axe bites into the beast’s face once (D12), then again in the side of its head (D9). The ankylosaurus roars in pain it hasn’t felt in ages and bulls forward, knocking Bra’kan aside (D9) and trampling Almego in its wake! (D17)
(OOC: You lucky bastards! I rolled unbelievably low!)

“Damnation!” Mirko hollers, slashing at the beast again, even as the surviving sailors hurl rocks and sticks, knives and blades at it as it flees. Veit takes another shot at it with a javelin, ducking under the massive tail to keep from being crushed.
“Let it go!” Squint roars, shocking his men and the companions into stillness. “It’s leaving, thank the gods, so just let it go!”
The wounded, but still very healthy, ankylosaurus crashes through the swamp, giving its staring attackers a last “CRONK!” as it soon disappears into the gloom.

“Take stock, lads, and let’s get moving fast! Where there’s one patrol of lizards there’s damn sure to be another soon!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 19/2 (Shield)
Bra’kan – 35/-4 (Shield)
Mirko – 39/33
Veit – 25/11


Morning fellers! Nothing like stomping folks to start the day off right! Got one dying on ye and another pretty broke up - take stock and talk to me; probably only one or two posts to finish this scenario.
-g-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lizard Battle 4.JPG (46.8 KB, 6 views)
  #39  
Unread 17th of November, 2006, 09:21
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
The dwarven preist goes about what he normally does after a battle: Heal. First he moves over to Bra'Kan, healing quite a few mortal wounds in the process. The skin sealing itself back together, and the sound of bones cracking back into place still didn't disturb Veit.

He then moved over to Almego, the battle mage pretty beaten up. Not nearly as many seperate wounds were healed, but the dwarf's friend should be feeling better. Finally, he dropped a small heal on himself. Nothing much, but something.

With all the healing done, or at least all the healing he could really spar right now, he went over and picked up his morningstar. Veit then goes about patching together the sailors that will live to tell about it.

OOC: Channel Hold Person into a cure moderate wounds on Bra'Kan. Channel Summon Monster I into a cure light wounds on Almego. Channel a light into cure minor wounds on self. Pick up morningstar. Heal check on any sailors that are still alive.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #40  
Unread 17th of November, 2006, 10:24
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.36 per day)
a blody smile on his face Mirko pats Brakan on the shoulder
"The gods must love you!"
he walks off shaking his head and still smiling
Mirko starts organizing a few of the sailors in to a guard unit,


"Squint,
I know there’s a lot of work to do but how many men can you spare for guard duty, the wounded we can do lookout duty, "

depending on how many men are available Mirko will deploy them as best he can to warn the group of any new threats comming
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
  #41  
Unread 17th of November, 2006, 12:18
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Squint looks at the barbarian with a sigh and a scrunched up mouth. It is obvious the loss of his men pains him almost as much as the loss of his ship. "Take two - Rolly and Karsus - me and Slim will round up the bodies."
Squint turns away and then turns back. "Damn fine bladework, lad. Damn fine."
  #42  
Unread 17th of November, 2006, 12:41
elmer_jok's Avatar
elmer_jok
Spectral Spam [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member: #1746
Location: Tacoma, WA - USA
Posts: 2,265 (0.50 per day)
"Thank you my dwarven friend, I take back all the bad stuff I've said about your kind," He says this with a smile on his face, clearly making a joke. If Viet still seems offended though he will apologize.

After Bra'kan is healed he goes first to him, then Mirko, and shakes their hands stating, "It was a pleasure fighting with you all. I could stand to learn a few things from you two."

Almego then turns towards the fallen lizardman bodies splayed out across the scene of the bloody battle and makes a gesture with one hand and recites an age-old magical divination. He procedes then to scan all of the bodies searching for traces of magic, taking special care to remember to search the one that weilded a glowing club or axe of some sort.

After retrieving anything that registers magical and surveying it for any further information as to what school of magic they might be he returns to Captain Squint and asks, "What is the plan now, are we to set up camp somewhere nearby or return to the boats? I'm sure your men are as tired as I am, but I'd like to find a safer spot to break camp if that's our aim. It's never a good idea to sleep near a battleground."

Last edited by elmer_jok; 18th of November, 2006 at 19:21.
  #43  
Unread 19th of November, 2006, 12:55
hedgeknight's Avatar
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1690
Location: NC
Posts: 1,841 (0.40 per day)
Scenario 4, Quick Post 9: Survivors

The dwarven priest goes about doing what he normally does after a battle: healing. First he moves over to Bra’kan, healing quite a few mortal wounds in the process. Watching the skin sealing itself back together and hearing the sound of bones cracking back into place still didn't disturb Veit – even after all these years. (H12)
Moving to Almego, he sees that the battle mage is pretty beat up; not nearly as many separate wounds, but still the mage is feeling better when his Dwarven friend is through. (H9)

"Thank you my dwarven friend, I take back all the bad stuff I've said about your kind," Almego says with a smile on his face, clearly making a joke.
Veit nods and wearily summons a minor healing on himself; nothing much, but something to take the edge off. (H1) Then he begins to check on the sailors, picking up his morningstar as he goes.

Bra’kan bats his eyes and sits up with a groan and looks up to see Mirko standing over him, a bloody smile on his face. Mirko chuckles and pats Bra’kan on the shoulder. “The gods must love you!” He walks off, shaking his head and still smiling, and then notices Squint and a plan comes to mind.

“Captain Squint, I know there’s a lot of work to do but how many men can you spare for guard duty? Even the wounded can do lookout duty.”
Squint looks at the barbarian with a sigh and a scrunched up mouth. It is obvious the loss of his men pains him almost as much as the loss of his ship. "Take two - Rolly and Karsus - me and Slim will round up the bodies."
Squint turns away and then turns back. "Damn fine blade work, lad. Damn fine."


After Bra'kan is healed, Almego goes first to him, then Mirko, and shakes their hands stating, "It was a pleasure fighting with you all. I could stand to learn a few things from you two."
Almego then turns towards the fallen lizardman bodies splayed out across the scene of the bloody battle and makes a gesture with one hand and recites an age-old magical divination. He proceeds to scan all of the bodies searching for traces of magic, taking special care to remember to search the one that wielded a glowing club or axe of some sort. And it is only on two Lizardmen – the shaman and the driver – that any trace of magic is revealed.

Almego walks over to the dead shaman and through magical “eyes” he notices an amulet made of amber on a chain around its neck. “Trapped” inside the amulet appears to be an insect, possibly a centipede.
Turning to the body of ankylosaurus driver, Almego “sees” a thick two foot-long stick tucked in a belt loop around the Lizardman’s waist. The stick feels strangely cool and Almego senses magic from the school of conjuration.
Taking the amulet and the stick, Almego turns to Captain Squint and asks, "What is the plan now? Are we to set up camp somewhere nearby or return to the boats? I'm sure your men are as tired as I am, but I'd like to find a safer spot to break camp if that's our aim. It's never a good idea to sleep near a battleground."
Squint glances out in the rocks where the Orca is barely visible above the water and then looks back at Almego, his face bearing a mask of disgust. “The lads I sent to Leilon should be back with help soon. Yer right about finding a better camp; I’m all fer it. Best we move out and quick. No telling what might be on the heels of them damn lizards.

Moving out, the weary band of survivors picks their way along the edge of the mere, hugging the shoreline as much as possible. And as dark falls upon them, they see lights ahead and hear a…horn? Squint begins to chuckle and then laugh and when asked if he has lost his mind, he says, “Nay, lads – our boys did good! That horn belongs to a patrol of the Lances of Leilon!”
Sure enough, in no time, an armored patrol of men on horseback rides into view, splashing through the swamp on sturdy mounts that seem bred for the work. Rafe is with the armored guards and greets his captain with a stout handshake and a grin as big as Waterdeep. “Got hot stew and cold ale awaitin’ ye, Cap’n Squint!” Rafe says, nodding at his mates; his eyes showing the hurt of finding so few still alive.
Squint turns to the four companions and says, “As long as yer with me, I’ll pay fer yer meals and boarding. I owe ye much, lads. And maybe one day not too long from today, I can convince ye to return and salvage the Orca! Come now, that hot stew damn sure sounds good!”

Thus ends Scenario Four…………………

Final Stats:
Almego – 19/11
Bra’kan – 35/12
Mirko – 39/33
Veit – 25/12


Well done, fellers! Head on over to OOC for XP and stuff.
-g-
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren