Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Trio of Confusion

Reply
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 04:44
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
Of course you could. Look, can't you just scry on the man?




---

Oh, dear Miss Ezmerelda, we've long since stopped wagering with coin. This is a friendly game. Please, I insist.

She sets out a row for you, and continues play -

Now then, I can't help but wonder why I've not seen you before, my dear? A lovely face like yours would stand out most anywhere, but definitely here.

Say, I often visit this town - it's part of my circuit!

Please - Keirgan, you come here because the farmers don't know you aren't famous. No need to put on airs. You aren't that pretty, either.

She rolls her eyes toward you -

He fancies you, and I only mention it because he's a dishonorable cur, and is likely to try and get you to lose your knickers.

I wouldn't dream -

Have already dreamt, put forth a whole plan, and then invited her over. She's not the type, methinks, and that would be a good thing for you. Don't you have enough children in this town?

He has no reply -

Your turn dear. Now then - where are you from? Those features are familiar, but I can't place the accent.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 05:27
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
I'd had rather messed with the girl than talk to the guy, but that would delay me from whatever it is I'm doing.

Oh yes, pixies and such. I'll just continue on. I skirt the edge of the woods just having a casual look and listen, then move a little deeper in. I'll not go more than a total of 30 paces in though. Keeping those eyes and ears open.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 06:15
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
(If you wanted to go back and mess with her that's fine. She just was there is all and you had headed straight out of town. You wouldn't have missed her even if you were on a mission.)

You leave the border of the town and come back towards the forest. You walk on the trail, this is the same woods you were in last night. You find a decent spot to take a gander in, and though you weren't in this section really, but you see nothing immediately out of the ordinary yet.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 06:53
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
(No, I'm sure I'll have time later to mess with her.)

I'll leave the trail. There aren't going to be any interesting things going on by the trail. I'm going into the woods, just not so far I lose my way. I'll walk around the whole town in the surrounding wood.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 8th of February, 2008, 01:25
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
(Chris correct me if I'm wrong on the geography, but I think I've got it straight...)



Von, you run across some animal paths and burrows here and there. It's quiet, and feels normal to you. Nothing is messing with you, anyway, right now. You hike around, get a general feel for the lay of the land. The wildlife is fairly sparse compared to your walk over, but that very well may just be proximity of the town. 30 paces isn't far. You can keep your bearings without being on the main drag pretty easy.

Not sure if you're heading clockwise or counter clockwise, so I'll give you the generalities of both directions. The forests are much thicker to the east and south of the town. As you round up towards the west, you realize there is water here. Or, if you go to the north, it just requires you a long long walk to get around to the river. It'll take you all the rest of the day to run into the river going counter clockwise (north then west) and til late afternoon if you go clockwise.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 8th of February, 2008, 03:49
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
Let's just say early evening, and I'll just use magic to cross the river.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 8th of February, 2008, 06:00
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
Ok. Well the river is the western border of the town. There's docks and stuff towards town proper, and a fairly decent amount of traffic up and down past where you are. As you look back at the size of the town, it really seems like you should have been to this point sooner, that it's just not that big. You didn't dawdle or anything, and the woods, while they had a decent amount of undergrowth and stuff, weren't super dense or anything.

You cross the river and there is more of the same. There's less signs of people, more of wildlife.

Are you staying 30 paces to the side of the river and just going to walk full circle around the town?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 8th of February, 2008, 06:18
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
Ezmerelda

I'll sit down and play the game which I'm sure I'm well acquainted with, and smile at the banter. "I'm from Greyhawk City. My features are partially elven."


~~~~~~~~
Zo

I stare at Mohan.

"No. Didn't I just tell you that? Listen. Like I said, I can cast another of those spells, intending to scry on him, but if you want me to 'just scry' you'll need me to have time to prepare that spell."
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 8th of February, 2008, 13:33
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
Keirgan smiles, but the Lady Dyvers nods -

Yes, a daughter of Hanali Celanil, I can see from your brow that the fair race touches your heart. I'm surprised, though, at your willingness to claim that... place as home. But perhaps my old age has -

No, dear, you've always hated the place -

Well, with a man like Nerof Gasgal running things -


He's hardly been a real influence these last few years -

Miss Ezmerelda - the Mayor... Well, the city - is it still under the thumb of the Guild?*


Oh, you've won this round.
---
* You'll recognize the name of the mayor (at least the mayor when last you visited the city), and you'll know, too, that he was the Guildmaster of the Thieves.
---


The blank stare contest ends now -

Alright... Alright. Look, I suppose that's fine. You just know he's going to cause trouble. Wait, I don't know why I'm even telling you that there is trouble that could even potentially happen.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 8th of February, 2008, 13:35
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
Ahhhhh, so they are messing with me. Sure I don't want to let them know, I know, so I'll continue on around to the point I think I came in whistling a fancy tune. From there I'll head back into town, and find a place to stay for the night. Also, I'll keep my eyes open for the girl, and Ezzie.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.

Last edited by LightBringer; 8th of February, 2008 at 13:38.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 9th of February, 2008, 01:18
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
"Honestly, I've no idea. Just because I'm from there, doesn't mean I really call it home or anything.... I've not been to Greyhawk in over a decade.

Shrug.

"So, you're a travelling show, Kiergan? I was told to expect a moral tale that didn't quite match up with what I saw."
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 9th of February, 2008, 02:53
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
The Lady Dyvers nods -

So, you're "from Greyhawk City", but it isn't home. Where might that be, dear?

She smiles -

Please, I know I'm being nosy. It's my job - I'm the judge here, and, honestly, I've found that if I take a little time to get to know someone, then I don't see them in an official capacity - well, not often anyways. I can assume that you aren't simply traveling through, that you've settled nearby?

Keirgan laughs -

It's a bit of a joke, you see. I usually don't play what I bill. It's all part of -

Part of being a hack, Keirgan. You bother to play what people expect, you might get better turnout in a real city.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 9th of February, 2008, 03:06
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
Zo

I shrug. "Ok. What's your point? He's a big boy, he's fine without us. If you don't think he's selling that stick in the mud, then she's probably being his 'moral compass' even as we speak. You know how he has taken to humoring those types. Weak in his old age if you ask me."
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 9th of February, 2008, 08:13
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
That stick-in-the-mud's my friend, Zo. I'd rather not see her killed again. Von's "humoring" or getting "weak" is just another game of dice, painted up nice. He'll find a way to cause trouble, and you'll either end up helping him because it'll be fun or something else insane, or you'll be inspired to go and try something completely different; either way, I'll get to clean it up. I know how it works.


I shake my head and can't help but laugh -

besides, Ezmer doesn't like Von. If she was able to get away from him, she's done it. There's no compass coming from her, I'll tell you that straight.


I look back at Zo -

So, well, if you really don't care to find Mr. Hawkins, then what would you propose we do?
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 9th of February, 2008, 08:24
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
"Duh. Help me find Eli's claws. Or something else fun. I'll even go chase Von if I'm not supposed to be babysitting him. Wuit appealing to my sense of duty. I don't have one."

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 9th of February, 2008 at 12:50.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 10th of February, 2008, 12:26
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
Fair enough - so, where have you looked for the claws?
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 12th of February, 2008, 01:19
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
"Around. In his drawers and stuff, all through his castle, all through this tower. I think that it's nearby. I doubt he'd just get rid of something like that. He's just got it sheilded from my detection somehow. I thought maybe you were helping to do some landscaping or something? If so he coulda tricked you into helping hide them. Unless you're in on it, but I don't think he trusts you that much."

~~~~~~

I keep playing, and smile, only slightly irritated. I am not in the mood for this, so I'm going to TRY and cut through some of her BS. Let's see if it works.

"Oh, Lady Dyvers, but you're ever so pleasant. You know, if this is how you are towards your old friend, I'd hate to burden you over much with my acquaintance. I told you, I'm no one of consequence, and I don't plan on bothering you in any OFFICIAL capacities. I'm a good upstanding law abiding girl. So you must understand my point of view, this is more than a bit obnoxious, the way you are talking down to me. If, indeed you think soooo much of me based solely on my outward appearance, that is. My home is where my feet take me, which may make me a hack too. I woke up one day found myself a ... guest of a local noble. And I do NOT want to go into the personal details of how I wound up there, because, it is personal.

And Kiergan didn't seem like a hack to me. More like someone who was purposely laying low."

~~~~~~

Von, where are you heading to find a place to stay for the night? Back to Rose's place, or somewhere else? That place did look to have some rooms, but there was one other public house.
~~~~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 12th of February, 2008, 06:11
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
I was heading back to Rose's, but I'll check out the other public house first. I'll have a more unpbvious look around then I'll go in and see who is there. Still keeping my eyes open for either girl.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 12th of February, 2008, 07:52
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
Von wouldn't trust me with his bedroom slippers, not since I wagered his enchanted ring on bringing you back from the brink. Landscaping, eh? Do you think it's in the keep grounds, buried somewhere?


---

It's Keirgan's turn to laugh -

Oh, y'hit it right on the nose, my dear. I told you that being so nosy'd get yer nose bit, Gretch!

The Lady Dyvers recovers from her blanch and turns toward you fully. She's still smiling, but you can tell that your statement bit. She breathes in slowly before continuing.

That is true, dear. I tend to give my friend a bit of a hard time, but you must understand that there isn't any malice behind it.

Not much malice anyways -

Oh, hush up, now, I've gone and made her upset -

And that's my fault how?

Dear, we've had a number of individuals arrive in town and then leave, and we also have many return visitors. Your appearance isn't really anything unusual... It's just... there have been some incidents as of late, outside of town, and I'd just as soon know who has not been causing any trouble when the time comes to actually deal with whatever is brewing to the south of us.

She seems quick forthright with this statement. It's clear she's trying to build a bridge now.

You mentioned being the guest of a local noble? Who?
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 13th of February, 2008 at 04:37.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Unread 13th of February, 2008, 01:40
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
(weibert? )

"Does the name Von mean anything to you? I'm not sure of the surname."

~~~~

"Yeah, possibly. Or bricked up into the wall of his castle, or my tower, or... I also think it might be in your grove somewhere. Any of those things would be plenty crafty of him. But that's ok. I've got time, I can just get a sledgehammer if I need."

~~~~~~~~

You don't see the unnamed girl. Since I'm not positive about Ezmerelda, dangit, I really do have to pause. She planned on singing for her supper, so I think she'll be at one place or the other. Is there anything that you've done today that you'd want more detail on while I'm stalling?
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 13th of February, 2008, 04:59
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
Von... No I can't say as I do. Is he the noble? Hmm... Where are his lands? That might go a along way toward me being able to narrow down somet things.


---

He wouldn't have been able to hide it in my grove, but the other places are possible.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 13th of February, 2008, 05:46
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
"You know what, Kiergan, it was nice meeting you. I think I'll take my leave now."

~~~~~~

"Ahhhh, see, therein lies the beauty of hiding it in your grove. It'd be a very slick plan.

So what do you want to do now, like I said? I hardly think you want me to find the claws."
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Unread 13th of February, 2008, 06:22
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.42 per day)
The Lady Dyvers smiles, but her lips are pursed. Kiergan though, he smiles and stands -

Let me walk you out. Pardon me a moment, Lady.

Of course. My pardon, Miss Ezmerelda. Have a good day.


As you head out he speaks, but quietly -

Perhaps we can continue more civil discussion during supper? There's not much about, but I might could arrange something. Please.

---

No, I don't really, but you aren't going to stop until you find them. It isn't like there's a lot going on right now, either, so boredom wins over sense. What is most different about the keep between when were here first and when we arrived most recently? Maybe we can think through where he might have hidden it.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Unread 14th of February, 2008, 00:43
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.02 per day)
Oh, as I leave the Lady Dyvers I am civil. "You have a good day too. I may be more disposed at a later time."

As Kiergan escorts me out, I lower my voice as well.

"I don't know, I feel pretty ambushed with what just happened here, and I do have a fr... someone that I am supposed to meet back with. What do you have in mind?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~


GM? What is the answer to Mohan's question?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Unread 14th of February, 2008, 07:08
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.86 per day)
ROFL do you really think? I'm sure there's some rolls to be made. I'll let the other 2 gm's figure out what would be the best attr/ability to roll against. Let me know how it turns out.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 22:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren