Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Trio of Confusion

Reply
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 29th of June, 2007, 05:15
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I smile, "I know they are in the forest, but in which direction in general, or do they have the town surrounded?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You swoop into the main area. The keep in it's entirety is lightly smaller. There's is only the main house, it looks the same, and the tower, it looks different. There are no external markings running up the walls, and there are more windows. The grounds are.., wel ground. There are no bushes, no grass, no anything. As you can over the main house some more little people see you and start shouting, "food!! food!!", and start pulling arrows to notch.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 29th of June, 2007, 21:58
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.44 per day)
...and the second part of the plan goes into action, and I get out of dodge, landing near Zo.

((AC is 19))
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 29th of June, 2007, 23:03
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
You easily glide up and then back down the wall before they even really get ready to shoot. You land by Zoe and you see the guard look back over the wall. He doesn't say anything, he just watches you two.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 30th of June, 2007, 04:44
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Rose comes up and sets down two tankards of what looks to be fresh milk in front of you, along with a plate of various fruit and walks off.

Monshoon grabs an apple and while polishing it says, "Well, the forests around the town, mostly the east side, but some to the south." Chomp.

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 30th of June, 2007 at 04:47. Reason: geography was wrong??
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 2nd of July, 2007, 01:55
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.44 per day)
Originally Posted by LadyGlutter # EZMERELDA

(Ah, you give me detail after detail sometimes, but when I am trying to gauge the town's folks attitudes, you give me nothing! How ribald was it? You promised smut, so I want to know if that was just her self-righteous Beory (?) loving outlook or was it really actually smutty.)
The play that was mentioned by the priestess (the smutty one, that is) was definitely not what you watched. It wasn't the same play at all. You'd be familiar with both of them, and, there's not confusion. They are different plays, not interpretations, or anything like that. You saw a dry historical drama, not a smutty comedy. Either the priestess was wrong or Kiergan pulled a fast one.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 3rd of July, 2007, 04:19
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I'll smile and take my time. Smell the milk. Taste it, but don't swallow. Then when I'm sure it's not poisoned, I'm drink some. Wipe the fruit off, and follow the same procedure. Obviously, I'm trying not to just be rude, but niether do I want to be poisoned.

Inbetween bites, "Sounds interesting. I may go give it a look. I'll be in town for a couple of days, so I'm sure I'll need something to help pass the time."
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 00:59
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
While we decide we should try to make a few post so the main thread isn't terminated.

Von is so paranoid look at that goob, but then again.....
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 01:12
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Ha, not paranoid enough.

""What you do not smell is called iocaine powder. It is odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid, and is among the more deadlier poisons known to man."

Oh yeah, and razorblades in the apple. You didn't check for that either.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 02:25
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
"Ahhh, but what you don't know is that I have spent years developing a resistance to iocaine powder."

Razorblades, HA! That is why I have diamond caps on my teeth. My dentist is most excellent!!
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 24th of January, 2008, 05:51
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
You just think that, that's what's so funny! I bribed your dentist to use zirconium caps on your teeth just to fool you into complacency! The food seems delicious, even though you keep seeing pink in your milk (Eeewwww, I'm gonna drop that right now. I concede by gross out factor alone. No blood in your milk, you're immune to the poison, there wasn't any in the first place. These people LIKE Von, so far.)

~~~~~~~~

Monshoon nods. He's no nonsense, chewing and swallowing like he's got somewhere to be. In fact, he says, "Well, that's great. I'd love someone to take a look at it, because I'm swamped with daily chores and stuff, keeping things running. It's not exciting or NEWS, but someone has to keep things going.

I hate to cut this short, but I'm easy enough to find. Right now I've got to get to work."

He nods at Rose and settles up.

~~~~~~~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 02:08
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Zo

"You see anything interesting?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Ezmerelda

"Master Keirgan invited me to luncheon, so I suppose if you could let them know I've arrived? Unless this would this be an imposition on Lady Dyvers?"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 02:17
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
Von

I'll just finish, and sit there watching people for awhile. Perhaps someone may want to talk, perhaps not.

~~~~~~~~~~~
(For GM sanity sake)
Whatever happened it seems to have only lasted a very short time, As Zoe and Mohan shift back to the prime material.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 29th of January, 2008, 05:36
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.44 per day)
((Placeholder for tonight))
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 02:05
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
(Ugh, I had a decent post for Von's rest of his meal, but Dunk pressed a button when I stood up for a moment. Here, I'll try and recreate it.)

Von, you get a grizzled old man come up and clap you on the back and laugh heartily about you giving old Kevin the 'what-for'. He's interested in talking to you if you want, mostly asking about your strange clothes and where you're from, and do you know... a bunch of folks you don't know. But he's very friendly and cleary has all morning to talk if you want.

There is also a table of three women who come in halfway through your meal who are giving you the eye from time to time, and very well may be talking about you, but none of them come up to you.

Likewise, there's a couple of urchins who sneak out of the kitchen to peek at you, but when you look their way they scamper in all directions, giggling.

Rose continues to be very flirty in a businesslike manner -- in other words, she expects a tip, even though your meal was already paid for. And she's been certainly earned it by being pleasant enough to look at and talk to, off and on, throughout your meal. If someone wants to be left alone, she's pretty good at reading those cues and making herself busy elsewhere.

Most everyone else, either nods and smiles, or grunts and moves past you. They are mostly fairly busy, eating and being on their way. It's not a very busy morning here, anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 02:30
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I laugh with the old man and answer his questions in a general manner. Don't want to give away too much, but I'll certain talk with him. I find it quite interesting to be on the liked side for now, so I'll enjoy. Give flirty glances and smiles at the women, the wild crazy nut look to the kids, and my normal flirty charm to Rose. I'm in no rush, so I don't mind people watching, and enjoying the day. Maybe by afternoon I'll be ready to see some more of the city. When I leave, I'll wait for Rose to be able to stop for a moment. I'll take her hand bringing it up in a proper civilized kissing manner. "It has been a pleasure to meet you, and enjoy your company." Making sure to turn her hand and close it as I release, so that the smallish emerald I leave in her palm doesn't fall, "A small leaf for a lovely Rose," as I turn and head out.

(I'll leave the definition smallish to you.)
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 07:34
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Zo

"Huh. Well, I guess it doesn't matter if you see anything interesting.

For future reference, it's most unwise to touch me when I'm casting a spell."
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 12:11
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.44 per day)
Zo

"You see anything interesting?"

"Huh. Well, I guess it doesn't matter if you see anything interesting.

For future reference, it's most unwise to touch me when I'm casting a spell."

Patient much? I... Well I guess it didn't really matter what I saw. Where were we, do you think?
~~~~~~~~~~

Ezmerelda


"Master Keirgan invited me to luncheon, so I suppose if you could let them know I've arrived? Unless this would this be an imposition on Lady Dyvers?"
Ah. Well, so then. I'll inform the Lady that her guest has a caller, follow me please.

The house is large enough that there is a small sitting room. The young woman offers you a seat and bid you wait for a moment. She returns quickly enough, asking for you to follow.

You enter the adjacent room and see Keirgan playing a game of bones with a middle-aged woman in a dressing gown, her long grey hair down about her shoulders. She makes her roll, frowns, then stands up to greet you.

I apologize for my state - I wasn't expecting real company, you see. Keirgan here is an old friend. I am the Lady Dyvers, Baroness Dyvers' youngest daughter.

She phrases her statement so that she expects you to know this Baroness Dyvers, and then bows her head with an informal greeting.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 00:40
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Zo

Shrug. "I don't know. Some kind of alternate Oerth? () That was a new one for me.

Now, was I supposed to be finding Von for some reason, or what? I got distracted with all that. Oh yeah, we wanted to make sure we got our fair share of the cut if he sold Ezmerelda as a slave. Right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezmerelda

"Oh, don't worry. I'm no one you need to dress up for. I am Ezmerelda, no relation. A pleasure to meet you Lady Dyvers, Keirgan."

I bow, returning the greeting, and look at Keirgan with a look of confusion and curiosity.

~~~~~~~~~~





((Von, your post is next on my agenda.))

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 1st of February, 2008 at 00:40. Reason: forgot Ezzie's color, and switched Zo's color.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 01:17
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Well, Rose smiles and blushes ever so slightly at your kiss, but takes it in stride with a big smile, "Nice to meet you as well." However, when you give her the emerald, she makes no answer at all, and if you look at her before walking on the street, she is frozen with a look of ... not really pleasure or displeasure. It's pure shock on her face as she's staring into her hand.

You make your way out onto the street, and it's fairly busy with people coming and going. No one seems to notice you one way or the other, as they mind their own business, wrapped up in their own worlds.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 31st of January, 2008, 01:40
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
I smile to myself at her response, and her shock. As I will of course glance over my shoulder as I leave.

Once on the street, I can't help but smile again, "Ahhh just the way I like them...oblivious." I'll walk around the town just looking and watching. Eventually heading towards the east side of town, and the forest.
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 1st of February, 2008, 02:40
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
(For clarification -- you said afternoon, I'm assuming early afternoon, right? You didn't spend all day there did you? Just mostly through when the lunch group would be dying out? Or longer than that? For reference, I'd say it was... oh 10ish or so when you went in. Brunch time.)

Last edited by LadyGlutter; 1st of February, 2008 at 02:42.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 2nd of February, 2008, 00:52
LightBringer's Avatar
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2777
Posts: 3,654 (0.87 per day)
(You are correct. I would have headed out at the end of lunch, and no more than 30 minutes after.)
__________________
I am, therefore, I shall be.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 2nd of February, 2008, 10:42
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.44 per day)
Originally Posted by LadyGlutter # Zo

Shrug. "I don't know. Some kind of alternate Oerth? () That was a new one for me.

Now, was I supposed to be finding Von for some reason, or what? I got distracted with all that. Oh yeah, we wanted to make sure we got our fair share of the cut if he sold Ezmerelda as a slave. Right?"
Mohan glares at Zo.

No, we aren't going for a... She is not going to be sold as a slave! Would you quit that already. Good grief! Now then, you were looking for Von, so that we could keep tabs on him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ezmerelda

"Oh, don't worry. I'm no one you need to dress up for. I am Ezmerelda, no relation. A pleasure to meet you Lady Dyvers, Keirgan."

I bow, returning the greeting, and look at Keirgan with a look of confusion and curiosity.
Keirgan smiles knowingly, and Lady Dyvers returns to her seat. The young woman who greeted you initially brings in a short bench for you. Lady Dyvers gestures -

So, care for a game of bones?
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 00:40
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Oh, you want me to cast another spell? That one was interesting, but brief. I might can do something cooler.

I grin at Mohan.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hmmmm, depends. I'm not up for any high bidding at the moment. If you're actually wagering, I'll just watch." I smile and find a seat.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 00:49
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.04 per day)
Von, you wander around a while, and get the lay of the town. It's not very big, and you see most all there is to see in short order. You see what's already been mentioned to Ezmerelda, a temple to Beory, the stage with the emptying audience, though there's a few picnickers. You see out of the corner of your eye that girl from earlier one time, but she's got her back to you and walking off. Eventually you decide to head east. This was the end of town you came in on. You're seeing a lot of the same sights, and a few faces are familiar already. You see the guy you spoke with earlier. He's fairly busy and will give you a nod and a smile, but won't trouble you unless you want him.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 04:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren