Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Cadrius' Games > Deadwatch Embers

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 13th of October, 2003, 17:46
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Lyr

Smacking his lips over the last drops of ale, Lyr stands and stretches his shoulders, still feeling a little sore form the morning's travels.

"Well put. Let's to work". Lyr turns to the inkeeper and nods grasciously. "With your permission, Master Leiden..."

He then waits for Dun to get up, and they head to the barrelroom.
  #77  
Unread 14th of October, 2003, 01:47
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Heulwen and Cytaill

So intent is she at holding on that Heulwen doesn't even notice Cytaill slackening his pace until he comes to a stop. The way he sniffes the air and tenses though, immediately puts her on alert and she strains her own senses to detect what brought Cytaill to a halt.

Floating on the breeze comes the faint smell of death. No, not death, the smell is not strong enough for that. Its more along the lines of a wounded animal, but not an animal that she's smelled before.

Then a faint rustling catches her ears, the sound of movement. Orienting her gaze to look in the direction of the sound, Heulwen strains for further signs of what is there, her hand reaching for the sword at her side.

Is it an animal? No, Cytaill wouldn't react this way if it was nothing more than that. But then what is it? Its smell contains the stench of injury, and a large one at that to be so near death.

Her thoughts racing, Heulwen once again catches the sound of movement. This time the noise is loud, obviously from a creature larger than her, and contains the distictive clatter of metal on metal that an armored individual makes. The sounds are not getting closer, however, instead it sounds like they are getting higher. Who ever it is, they must be climbing the tree. Almost as if they are afraid of me! Smiling with the thought that conclusion brings, Heulwen begins to debate the benefits of stopping.

The more I delay, the less time I'll have to scout out the place where I'm supposed to meet Stafford. At the same time, there aren't many individuals that would be afraid of a halfling. Maybe I can startle whoever it is out into the open.

Patting Cytaill on the head, Heulwen re-establishes her grip on his fur, just in case he begins to run again before calling out in a voice as big sounding as she can make it, "You there, in the oak tree! Reveal yourself!"
  #78  
Unread 14th of October, 2003, 09:07
Samurai
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member: #464
Posts: 142 (0.03 per day)
Soradur

Soradur hears a voice calling out to him, and curses under his breath. He was certain that he had heard a wolf earlier, and in his seventy-two years he was only aware of wolves traveling with one type of sentient creature. He notes the voice has a feminine quality to it, and that it is a bit high pitched, but he mostly ignores this as he madly scrambles up to the perch at the center of the tree.

Once there, Soradur unsheaths one of his Urutuk Hatchets, and steels himself for the coming confrontation. Placing a hand on a nearby branch to secure himself, Soradur blows out a steadying breath as he wills away the pain in his side. He would have to be quick. Though safe from the wolf, the Legate could have a ranged weapon, or worse, use spells to remove him from his precarious position.

Last edited by Samurai; 14th of October, 2003 at 10:57.
  #79  
Unread 14th of October, 2003, 22:23
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Heulwen and Cytaill

Listening carefully after she calls out, Heulwen hears that he call at the oppisite effect as intended. The creature, whatever it is, continues its climb and secures itself amongst the branches. As the scent of the injury once again fills her nostrils, a mad thought stikes fear in Heulwen's heart.

What if its an orc? It could be an advance scout for tommorow's patrol! With an injury like that it would want to avoid confrontation if at all possible, especially if it doesn't realize that I'm a halfling.

Nearly panic striken at the thought, it takes a moment for reason to settle Heulwen's mind. Whatever it was, and however badly it was injured, it did not have the smell of an orc or a goblin. In fact, under the injury, it did not smell like any creature Heulwen had encountered before.

Maybe it doesn't understand Erenlander...

Calling out again, this time in Trader's Tounge, Heulwen mentally crosses her fingers, hoping that her reason, and not her fear, is correct.

"I mean you no harm, though it seems that someone else did. Show yourself that we may talk face to face."
  #80  
Unread 15th of October, 2003, 09:21
Samurai
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member: #464
Posts: 142 (0.03 per day)
Soradur


Soradur cocks his hatchet back patiently, preparing for a throw, sensing the slight hesitation from the creatures below. No doubt the Legate was preparing the proper spells to use against him. He was quite surprised when he heard her call out once more, this time in the Traders Tongue.

Gripping the hatchet firmly in hand, Soradur carefully brushes back the overhanging leaves obscuring his vision. He grits his teeth as he beholds the largest wolf, if that is what the creature below was, he has ever seen in his life, and mounted on its back is a small halfling girl.

"A halflin?! Here?" Soradur thinks to himself. Still cautious, he calls out in a rough tone,

"Right. I'll just drop down there so yer wolf-thing can chew me ta pieces. Nice try, halflin. I dinnae know what ye're doin out here, an it's no business or carin o' mine. I just want ta be left in peace, aye?"

Last edited by Samurai; 17th of October, 2003 at 14:11.
  #81  
Unread 15th of October, 2003, 13:32
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
Dun and Lyr

With an ale quenching their thirst, the two men join Leiden and the others helping. Covered platters of food are handed off and sent to the middle of town. Each of them makes several trips, some bearing stews, others meats, and a couple sweets. Later they help roll kegs of ale as well as carry Leiden's delivery from Sweet Water.

A couple hours later, the innkeeper claps them on their backs and grins broadly. The two of them pant a bit from the exertion, but it feels good to do a little honest work, especially for what appears to be such a good cause.

"Good work. Couldn't have done it without you, and just in time. The festival's about to start."
  #82  
Unread 15th of October, 2003, 18:00
Dirigible's Avatar
Dirigible
Nightcrawler [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #449
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,813 (0.33 per day)
Lyr

Lyr digs his thumbs into his spine with a grunt, rubbing his aching muscles. For a moment, he gives Dun and envious look for the man's height and stronger physique.

"You're quite welcome, Master Leiden. I expect we'll see you after the festival..."

Lyr gives the innkeeper a respectful nod before heading out to the festival grounds.

Last edited by Dirigible; 15th of October, 2003 at 18:06.
  #83  
Unread 16th of October, 2003, 01:18
Berova's Avatar
Berova
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #453
Posts: 212 (0.04 per day)
Dun

Dun returns Lyr's look with a smile as he stretches his arms and shoulders, tightening, then relaxing his muscles to draw out the ache from them.

With an appreciative smile and nod, Dun replies Leiden's complements, "It was our pleasure to be of service to you. See ya after the festival." and leaves the inn with Lyr.
  #84  
Unread 16th of October, 2003, 12:23
Swashbuckler's Avatar
Swashbuckler
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #454
Location: Yaaaaaaa! Zombies!
Posts: 104 (0.02 per day)
Feyd

Feyd watched the people in the taproom, quaffing his ale eagerly. It had been a very long time since hed had one, and this one was like liquid gold to his throat. Still, as good as the ale tasted, Feyd began to realize what it was that had been gnawing at his consciousness since hed arrived here. Hed felt the sensation before, in other towns (before hed been asked to move on). While his inner self craved some companionship it was as if the town was everything that he was not. Busy. Kept up. Ordered. On a routine. Feyd paused for a moment, somewhat stunned by his realization. Maybe it is not that I want to belong and cant, maybe its that I shouldnt want to belong in the first place.

His quiet introspection led him to think of the fields, and moreso the forests. Running free well, at least as free as anyone can be these days , living life under the open sky, taking food where it could be found, trading for it when necessary. It was not a life full of responsibilities, but it was a good life nonetheless.

During the course of his reflections, Feyd had finished his first ale, acquired a new one from the serving girl, and half-finished that one as well. He noticed two men near the bar, talking much with the innkeeper. They must all be friends, he considered. He then watched as the three headed back and forth between the kitchen and the town square, moving food and barrels for the festival.

The Festival! Feyd silently cursed his foolishness. He was certain that the orcs would come to quash such a gathering of merriment and open celebration. He did not want to be around when that happened. ... and all for a beautiful woman? Feyd silently cursed at himself again. He would go and meet with the halfling, and then he would be off, but not before settling his debt.

Finishing the rest of his ale in a large gulp, pausing a long moment to savor the taste, Feyd headed to the bar, and tried to flag down the innkeeper.

Excuse me, good master Ive had two of your ales. Is there anything in particular youre looking for? I have much in the way of trade goods.
  #85  
Unread 17th of October, 2003, 01:04
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Heulwen and Cytaill

Spying the dwarf through the leaves as he takes a peak at her and Cytaill, Heulwen is suprised, and not quite sure she believes her eyes.

A dwarf? It couldn't be. They're supposed to be holed up in their mountians. No, it must be a short human with a beard.

Insenced that the..., whatever it was, would refer to Cytaill as a 'wolf-thing,' Heulwen replies in an angry voice, "'Wolf-thing' indeed! *Sniff* Cytaill is a wogren, and if he wanted to attack you, he would have done so before you climbed that tree."

"As for leaving you in peace... Just be sure that there's some one around to cut off your head when you die from that injury. Otherwise your not liable to rest in peace for very long as one of the Fell."

Prodding Cytaill gently, Heulwen tries to get him to continue around the town.
  #86  
Unread 17th of October, 2003, 03:20
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.93 per day)
Aleina

Her mind in tumult, Aleina makes her way back from the herbalist she presumes to have been Stephen. It occurs to her that he had never given his name, nor spoke much about himself. It was the work that concerned him, and perhaps briefly the last few minutes of conversation that they shared. An odd fellow to be sure, but the opportunity and the reward for a task well done were great.

The light is beginning to fade from the sky while she hurries along. Her quick strides making little noise. She sees a few people, all making their way toward the center of town, where the festival will likely commence.

The inn is relatively empty. The innkeeper is still behind the bar, this time speaking to a man she knows and recognizes, Feyd.

Heulwen, Cytaill, and Soradur

Picking up on her angry response, Cytaill wuffs softly, stretching out his forepaws before tilting his head to stare up at Soradur quizzically. Yet Heulwen urges him on and the wogren reluctantly agrees, setting off again.

Feyd

"Ah good," the innkeeper says, "I was afraid you'd want to stay there all night. Goods, eh? Well, it's convenient. You have a wide variety, and I accept a wide variety. So make me an offer, son, and let's go to that festival."

Opening his mouth to say more he's cut off by the door opening. He begins to sigh but stops once he recognizes the striking young woman striding into the common room.

"Ah, you've returned, lady," he says, smiling, "and just in time. I was getting ready to close the place down for the evening. If you need anything, now would be a good time to get it."
  #87  
Unread 17th of October, 2003, 04:25
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.76 per day)
Aleina

Eyes like chips of turquoise flicker dimly in the fading light, her thoughts hidden behind them. She hadn't intended to stay so long, hadn't meant to be distracted from the events of the afternoon and she hurries back to the inn. As she steps inside, she immediately spots the one who had named himself Feyd. She answers the innkeeper without looking at him.

"Thank you, but I can think of nothing else I require at the moment."

She waits until Feyd turns around before continuing.

"Leaving so soon?"
  #88  
Unread 17th of October, 2003, 12:24
Swashbuckler's Avatar
Swashbuckler
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #454
Location: Yaaaaaaa! Zombies!
Posts: 104 (0.02 per day)
Feyd

"Leaving so soon?"

Feyd turned just as the words were being spoken, following the innkeeper's gaze right to the very beauty that Feyd had come into this inn to find. Her eyes seemed to reflect every facet of the waning daylight streaming through the windows of the place.

There was no way he was falling for this - this woman. He saw now the surety he has missed in her poise before, the almost haughty light behind those wonderful eyes. This woman knew how to use her charms, all right. Why, just a bat of those eyelashes over those sapphire orbs ...

He caught himself before getting lost in them. He stood from the leaning postion he had assumed while talking to the inkeeper, never taking his eyes off of the comely lass. "Actually, I was just now settling up before heading out." Feyd paused a bit, but then he crossed his arms across his chest, and resumed leaning his side on the bar. "Should I be staying yet a while longer, young woman-without-a-name?" Feyd's features showed neither grin nor frown. If she thought he was a simpleton that could only think with what was in his pants, she was in for a big surprise. Two could play the cat-and-mouse game.
__________________
"When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge."
- Albert Einstein

Last edited by Swashbuckler; 17th of October, 2003 at 22:41.
  #89  
Unread 17th of October, 2003, 15:28
Samurai
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member: #464
Posts: 142 (0.03 per day)
Soradur

Soradur narrows his eyes slightly at the Halflings remark. "How did she know I was wounded?" he thinks to himself. A thousand thoughts rush through his mind as he watches her angle her path around the town. Threadbare garments, close cropped hair, no doubt an escaped slave. And the strange creature she had named a Wogren carried her across its back as a horse might a Sarcosan.

What little curiousity Soradur had was piqued. But more, he wondered at the wisdom of letting this one go without learning her purpose. It would not do if she were to alert the people of this village of his presence, and he had no doubt she was fully aware of what he was, and what that meant.

Soradur raised his voice slightly as he called out to the retreating Halfling, saying, "Wait a moment. Mayhaps I spoke too hastily, halflin. I doubt one such as yerself is workin fer the Shadow, but I thought from that wolf-thing, ah, Wogren, ye might be a Legate. And o' course, this ain't exactly where I would be expectin to find one o' yer kind."
  #90  
Unread 17th of October, 2003, 23:22
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.76 per day)
Aleina

"Fair enough."

The words are spoken lightly, with a hint of a smile on her face. She regards Feyd for a moment longer, her eyes shifting once to the innkeeper, who decides he has other things to do then listen to these two. Apparently reaching a decision, she steps forward and offers her hand.

"My name is Aleina. I was hoping I'd see you here - now that your other business is concluded."

She raises an eyebrow as she finishes the sentence. If he had meant the halfling any harm his reaction should give him away.

"I take it your friend is well?"

Last edited by Gralhruk; 17th of October, 2003 at 23:26.
  #91  
Unread 18th of October, 2003, 02:14
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Heulwen and Cytaill

Cytaill's reluctance at leaving reminds Heulwen that while she might have understood the quip aimed at him, he had not and so could not have been insulted by it.

I must remember not to be so sensative about these things, she thinks to herself as she and Cytaill begin to head out again.

Before they get too far, however, the short bearded human in the tree calls out to her again. Listening to what he has to say, Heulwen can't help but laugh at the thought that she had been mistaken for a Legate. Allowing Cytaill to give into his reluctance and stop, Heulwen turns around on his back to reply, "Me! A Legate! That wound must be rotting your brain as well as your flesh! The servants of the Dark God would kill both myself and Cytaill on sight if they could. The wogren are friend, companion, and protectors of the halflings and would rather die than serve a Legate."

"Its sad, but true, however, that my people are no longer a common sight around here. Once these plains were home to my people, but with the comming of first the humans and then the orcs we are a scattered and diminished race..."

Her voice trailling off as she speaks, Heulwen falls silent a moment before shaking her head, as if to banish the thoughts she was entertaining, and speaking once more, "From the smell of it however, you are not here to listen the woes of the halfling people. I'm no healer, but you are in need of one. Why do you not go and seek one out in the town? They may find one such as myself a curiosity to be gawked at, but I doubt they would refuse help to one of their own who is injured."
  #92  
Unread 18th of October, 2003, 02:37
Samurai
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member: #464
Posts: 142 (0.03 per day)
Soradur

Soradur quietly listens to the Halflings words as he studies the girl and her Wogren. She seemed trustworthy enough, but he had never been very perceptive in such matters. Still, words called out from above and below required a loudness that he knew could carry far along the wind, and he was growing increasingly uncomfortable clinging to his precarious perch.

Soradur slid the Urutuk Hatchet back into its sheath underneath his cloak, before glancing down to the Halfling girl, saying, "I'll be coming down now. Better to talk down on the ground, then up in this tree. Just be keepin that Wogren critter well away from me. I trust yer word, fer now, but I ain't one ta take chances."

Smoothly grasping the hard oak, Soradur patiently clambers down and onto the ground, keeping his eyes on the Halfling girl while doing so. Settling his ponderous girth upon the ground, he steps slightly to the side, angling his position to remain a little off center from a straight line to the Wogren.

Once set, Soradur wraps his voluminous cloak tighter about himself, ignoring a flash of sudden pain from his wound, aggravated once again by his exertion climbing down the tree. Gritting his teeth, he says, "Oh, aye, the wound is fierce alright. But I dinnae think I will be headin in just yet. I canna say I 'ave seen one such as yerself often before, and one should take advantage o' the opportunities that present themselves. Tell me, what are ye doin out here? The village 'ere may be a little less oppressed by the Shadow, but it still falls under its darkness. Not a safe place fer a Halflin ta be."
  #93  
Unread 18th of October, 2003, 03:06
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Heulwen

Now that she has a full view of the personage with whom she had been conversing Heulwen's eyes go wide in suprise.

"A dwarf!" she exclaims in her native tounge. Even though she had half suspected that it might be one, the actual visual proof still takes her by suprise.

"Your a dwarf!" Heulwen continues, switching back to the tounge the dwarf understood, "But what are you doing here? This may not be a safe place for me with an orc patrol coming tommorow, but I'd imagine that it would be even less safe for you!"
  #94  
Unread 18th of October, 2003, 03:21
Samurai
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member: #464
Posts: 142 (0.03 per day)
Soradur

Soradur smiles slightly beneath the cowl of his cloak. Glancing around the forest, he pulls it down, revealing his face. Blowing out a deep sigh, he says;

"I suppose that depends on whether ye view death as worse or better than enslavement, aye? As fer the reason I am here, ye yerself already spoke of it. Me wound grows worse every passing day, and though I 'ave had it treated by another healer, he could only slow the affliction, not cure it. The Healer o' this village is said ta have truly miraculous skills. Even if a thousand Orcs were down there, I would still have ta go. And better a death in battle than ta be downed by a festerin wound. Still, with luck, I can get in and out afore anyones the wiser. Best o' all, I 'ave seen no active agents o' the Shadow lurking about the village in the time I 'ave studied it."


Soradur raises his hands in a gesture of resignation, while his ebony eyes glimmer with a deep determination, as he smooths out his beard with a blackened hand. Continuing, he says, "But as I said, Halflin, what of ye? What brings ye to this place? And while we're sharin our purposes in this place, we might as well share our names. I be Soradur Eftok. What of yerself?"
  #95  
Unread 18th of October, 2003, 03:46
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Heulwen and Cytaill

"My name is Heulwen, and this, as I indicated earlier, is Cytaill. As for what brings me to this place, I am in desperate need of a few supplies. The weather will be getting much colder soon and the clothes I have will not last the winter. Truth be told, I did not know of the orc patrol until after I had made my presence known in town and by then it was too late. I would leave this place now were it not for the few people who seem willing to help me. I hope to meet them tonight, get my supplies and be off long before the orcs arrive. Cytaill and myself can cover alot of ground when the need arises," Heulwen finishes, scratching Cytaill behind the ears.
  #96  
Unread 18th of October, 2003, 04:03
Samurai
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member: #464
Posts: 142 (0.03 per day)
Soradur

Soradur crosses his arms while he listens to Heulwens tale. His mouth curls back in a grim smile as she finishes, and he says, "Few people willing to help ye? Well, Heulwen, I would be wary of any who dwell in a village under the Shadows veil. Ye mentioned earlier of people gawking at ye, so I can assume ye've already made yer presence known about town. All it'll take is just one o' those people to give word about ye to the Orcs and they will be after yer. Mebbe ye can cover enough ground to get away, but I wouldn't count on it, especially if they gots a tracker with em."

"As fer these people ye're goin ta meet, they no doubt know that too. So, why waste resources and time helpin out a Halflin lass who canna repay them? Could get them killed, and fer what? Mayhaps they just want ta turn ye in, hopin fer a bounty or reward from the Shadow. Never trust in the goodness of those under the Shadows veil, or anyone else, fer that matter, and ye won't ever be dissapointed."
  #97  
Unread 18th of October, 2003, 04:20
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Heulwen and Cytaill

"Trust them? I do not, but my needs far outweigh the chances I'm taking. I offer spices in trade, so it is not as if the humans will gain nothing from helping me, but still I am cautious. Even now I was headed to scout out one of the meeting points before the meeting was to take place."

"Indeed, were it not for the fact that you are a dwarf, a race hunted by the Shadow even more so than my own, I would not be talking to you now. Trust is something we halflings can ill afford when dealing with other races. But that is not to say that we are paranoid, only that our chance must be wisely chosen."

Even as she speaks, Heulwen can't help but question her own choices that day. Had she chosen wisely? Would those that appeared to help her betray her in the end?
  #98  
Unread 18th of October, 2003, 04:38
Samurai
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member: #464
Posts: 142 (0.03 per day)
Soradur

Soradur brushes a hand across his beard once more as he considers the Halflings words. For a few moments, he stands there, before speaking in a somber tone, "Aye. Yer path seems to be laid out afore ye in a way ye cannot avoid, no less so than me own. A free bit o' advice, afore ye go. Let not those who ye seek out see that Wogren creature unless ye need it. An unexpected ally is far more dangerous ta yer enemies than one who is already known."

Soradur quickly pulls the cowl low over his head once more, the dark cloth shadowing his visage, as he mumbles, "Would that I could offer ye more, lass, but me own troubles be no less than yer own, and me path upon leavin this place shall lead me down a road I canna ask any other to travel with me. May Father Sun and Mother Moon watch over ye."

Gazing up at the sky and noting the position of the sun, Soradur realizes his time of entry was fast approaching. Wrapping his cloak about himself, he stomps forward into the forest and does not look back.
  #99  
Unread 18th of October, 2003, 06:26
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Huelwen and Cytaill

Sound advice, Heulwen thinks as she watches the retreating form of the dwarf. Once he is gone, she too looks up at the sky, wondering if she still has time to make it to scout the area where she was supposed to meet Stafford before she had to head back and keep her appointment with Feyd, and maybe the woman.

The position of the sun however, indicates that she doesn't. While it may still be fully in the sky, its close enough to the horizon that its already begun to move faster.

The sun is always in such a hurry to end the day and get to bed. Heulwen thinks to herself as she nudges Cytaill back towards the hiding place where her stuff was.

Reaching the hiding place, Heulwen dismounts and begins rooting around in her backpack. Pulling out a cloth wrapped hunk of meat, Heulwen mutters a quick prayer of blessing over it as her mother had taught her, before giving it to Cytaill.

"Here, this should make up for that rabbit you left behind to help me."

Then, while Cytaill eats, she transfers the spices from her backpack to the saddle bags, before settling into a hidden position with a clear view of the designated meeting point to wait for Feyd to show up.

Last edited by Black Plauge; 20th of October, 2003 at 01:22.
  #100  
Unread 21st of October, 2003, 15:01
Swashbuckler's Avatar
Swashbuckler
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member: #454
Location: Yaaaaaaa! Zombies!
Posts: 104 (0.02 per day)
Feyd

"My name is Aleina. I was hoping I'd see you here - now that your other business is concluded. I take it your friend is well?"

So ... she does have a name. Feyd stood again, straightening from his relaxed postion, and took Aleina's offered hand, giving a firm-but-not-hard grip. He nodded to her as well, never blinking.

"Well met, then, Aleina. Yes, my friend is doing fine." Feyd gestures towards the barkeep. "A moment ... I just need to settle up with the good tender here, and we can be out and about the festival."

Feyd turns to the barkeep and offers some things he had since removed from his rucksack - a container of spices and a jar of sugar. He presented them for the innkeeper's approval. "I'd like to think that the sugar might get an additional ale for the lady and myself, as well?" Feyd casts a sidelong glance at Aleina, trying to get a read of the attractive woman's features.

Last edited by Swashbuckler; 21st of October, 2003 at 22:47.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren