Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 4th of April, 2008, 12:06
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Chapter 5 - Tricks and Tricksters

And with that news, the six of you rush off to your destination. Tiden assumes his true form, speeding through the trees on four legs, leading the group. Stran takes his wasp form and hovers just above the treetops behind him. Gorthas, just behind Tiden and to his left, bounds through brush like the heaving bear that he is, Lacuna and the Tribesman clinging by the hairs on his back. Kheervis follows swiftly on Tiden's right flank, carrying both Silver Wind and Shaedra.

A few words and Tiden knew exactly where to go. It was his old territory, after all. The tribesman, Ignay, told you all that he knew along the way. His messenger had described the pale, black forms of those who had attacked them. It had been planned, swift and lethal. Shea'To, according to the messenger, was assaulted by three, a fourth fought with Kami and the tribesmen who were present. Kami fought with all her heart, Ignay said, but she just wasn't ready for something like this. They escaped with her subdued body, disappearing via some form of trickery. Many of the tribesmen were dead or wounded after the battles end. One or two of the their foes were believed to be wounded, but it's hard to know for certain. Shea'To herself was wounded as well, but that didn't stop her. She sent the tribesmen back to relay the message. That group was then assaulted by one of the four that had circled round to cut them off. It's likely that one is still in the area, though it's doubtful that she'll reveal herself intentionally.

The group moves with great speed, a pace fit for a group of the exalted. What would have taken three days is crossed in one, and you find yourselves where the battle took place. The sun is just peering up onto the second day making plain the uprooted trees, charred underbrush, and craters of solid earth. Those that had died remain, displaying all the normal symptoms that usually come with four days of exposure. In addition to this, all have been savagely cut open or smashed. Only giant weapons could have caused this horrible mutilation.

There are eight dead in all. Five more are said to have died during the journey back. Only two made it home alive. Lacuna immediately insists on stopping to bury the bodies. Ignay is not a step behind on this notion either. Yet at the same time, there's a trail. Tiden notices this immediately as a series of slash marks on the trees, clearly his master's doing. It marks Shea'To's path into the wilderness.

[Silver Wind: Compassion Check: 4(10,9,7,7) <success>]
[Lacuna: Compassion Check: 3(9,4,2) <success>]
[Tiden: Conviction Check: 3(8,3,1) <success>]
[Gorthas: Conviction Check: 4(8,8,7,3) <success>]
[Silver Wind and Lacuna must stay and bury the bodies or each pay one willpower and gain one limit]
[Tiden and Gorthas must quickly continue their search for Kami and her captors or each pay one willpower and gain one limit]
  #2  
Unread 5th of April, 2008, 12:14
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind pulled Kheervis to a stop far from the site of the dead tribesman, not wanting to upset him, and dismounted. She stared at the bodies, and for a brief moment she was back in a cave, a sole burning man standing among the dead. Her vision snapped back to the present, but she didn't really see it anymore, the sight of the forest and sky lacking from her vision. She reached into one of the saddlebags and pulled out a small shovel.

She walked over to the nearest body, the smell nearly overwhelming her, but it seemed somehow distant. She planted the shovel into the ground near the body and started digging. She didn't say anything or acknowledge anyone, simply kept digging graves for the fallen, one by one.
  #3  
Unread 5th of April, 2008, 12:32
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
As she was discussing with the others their next course of action, it took Lacuna a minute to notice that Silver Wind had started digging all on her own, and with that tiny shovel. Making an attempt at imagining what must be going through the Solar's mind, she idles quietly for a moment, then turns to the others and speaks.

"Well I can see one who's going to be staying with me. What about the rest of you?"
  #4  
Unread 8th of April, 2008, 12:45
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
This is his chance. Tiden had worried about how he would find a place to start tracking them, and now there was a clear path right in front of him. By the description that was told, it had to be the abyssals. This is a path to vengeance.

It was then that he saw Silver Wind. Why does she dig at such an important moment? As much as Tiden wanted to give his brethren a proper burial, he knew that there was no time if they wanted to catch the Abyssals. Kami may also still be alive.

Tiden shifted into human form, annoyance plain on his face. "There is no time to argue about this. Those who wish to bury the dead will just have to catch up. Any time wasted here may cost Kami's life. I must reach my master."

Without looking to see who followed, Tiden started maneuvering into the wilderness following his master's trail.
  #5  
Unread 8th of April, 2008, 19:17
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
Stran paused suddenly in his flight... He transformed into his human shape, though used his Hybrid Body Rearrangement to keep hold of his wings, buzzing bass in the air.

"Milady, stay and lay rest to the dead if you truly feel you must. I will go ahead with master Tiden in your stead."

He ceased his hovering and darted off after the other Lunar, also hoping they weren't too late to save this Kami of theirs.

Last edited by Sparda219; 8th of April, 2008 at 19:23.
  #6  
Unread 9th of April, 2008, 05:56
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra sat limply in Kheervis' saddle, she was torn as she saw her friends split up. On one hand she really wanted to find Kami and Shea'To and rescue them, but on the other hand she couldn't just leave all these bodies behind to become restless spirits.

Finally she made her decision, she slid out of Kheervis' saddle and walked over to Silver Wind and Lacuna. She looked around till she found a piece of wood that would serve as a shovel and began using it to help dig. The sooner they laid the tribesmen to rest the sooner they could get back on the trail of Kami and Shea'To. Shaedra just hoped that Tiden, Stran, and who ever else followed them would be alright for the time being.
__________________


Last edited by Lyn Nalyr; 9th of April, 2008 at 12:12.
  #7  
Unread 11th of April, 2008, 04:00
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
Gorthas stops and leans to the side to let his 2 riders off his back, he then changes back into his human form and talks to his raven Xioli. "Keep flying between us and them," and he nods towards those who've stopped to bury the dead. "When they've finished, lead them back to me."

He then turns to those who have stopped, "Xioli will lead you to us, but be quick." He then turns back to his 2 riders, "Back on, we continue forward." And with that he changes back into a bear, waits for the 2 to get on and continues moving.
  #8  
Unread 19th of April, 2008, 07:07
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
"Sorry Gorthas, but we're staying. These bodies have to be buried."

The look in Lacunas eyes told him there was no argument in the matter. "We'll be right behind you once this is finished. You have my word."

The group splits, Stran, Tiden, and Gorthas follow Shea'To's path into the wilderness. Silver Wind, Shaedra, Lacuna, and Ignay stay behind to tend to the bodies along with Xioli to guide them once they were finished. It was a quick parting, especially with Tiden's refusal to waste any time at the site of the battle.

The three of you move quicker still, following the markings Shea'To has left for you. They lead you for hours, miles upon miles. Finally, you reach a high point on a rocky peak. You can see the forest stretch far into the eastern distance below you. On the rock outcropping, with the setting sun shining on it in plain sight, is a small, dark figure. It has torn ears and jet black skin, with a thin frame and rippling muscles. It lies motionless.

[Perception + Awareness or Perception + Investigation rolls if you wish]
[Note that the thread has been split. Red, Lyn, please resume posting in "The Gravediggers"]
  #9  
Unread 20th of April, 2008, 09:26
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
Stran alighted upon a rock on that peak, taking a closer look at the far off figure. He concentrated a mote of essence at his forehead and willed into existence a set of compound eyes, focusing in on the scene.

(Using Hybrid Body Meditation to activate the Third Eye mutation, giving me a +1 to my perception rolls.)

(Perception(2) + Awareness(2) + Third Eye(1) = 5 dice. 2, 3, 6, 7, 10 = 3 successes.)
  #10  
Unread 20th of April, 2008, 12:25
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
As they tarveled Gorthas couldn't keep his mind of Silver Wind: Should he have left her there? How was the digging going? And why did he care? For a year he had hardly thought about her (at least, that's what he told himself), but now seeing her again...

What is that? Or who? Caution. He warns himself as he tries to understand this new development.

[Perception (3) + Awareness (2) = 5 Dice. 7 , 2 , 9 , 8 , 1 . = 3 successes.
__________________
The willow knows what the storm does not, that the power to endure harm will outlive the power to deal it.
  #11  
Unread 22nd of April, 2008, 08:16
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden stopped in his tracks. Who is that in the distance? My master? an enemy? Worry and excitement push him forward as he tries to get a better look.

(Perception-2 + Awareness-3 = ~5 dice~ 5,4,2,2,2 = 0 successes.)
  #12  
Unread 22nd of April, 2008, 14:39
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Stran and Gorthas both quickly notice that the figure is laying in a shallow pool of its own blood which trickles down the side of the rock face. The blood shines a dull red and drips long, thick drops, like oil. Closer inspection reveals the figure to be very dead, with slash marks along its head and chest. It must stand about five feet, if it were alive, and its face is hideously beast-like, frightening even while dead. The teeth are jagged and sharp, the eyes still open in an expression of pain and rage.

It seems obvious that it died in combat. With a close look, Gorthas can easily surmise that it died within the last day or two. Tiden has a hunch also that the slash marks could have been Shea'To's doing. Unfortunately, not one of the three of you has the faintest idea of what this creature could be. It seems obviously dark in nature, probably hailing from the underworld in some form, but other than that you can surmise nothing. The slash marks seem to lead onward into the jungle.


[Stran: Investigation: (Perception 2) = 2(6,2) <failure>]
[Gorthas: Investigation: (Perception 3 + Medicine 3) = 3(7,7,6,6,3,1) 2 Successes vs Standard <competent>]
[Tiden: Investigation: (Perception 2 + Investigation 1) = (8,4,1) 1 Success vs Standard <adequate>]
[Stran: Lore: (Intelligence 2 + Lore 1) = 3(8,7,2) 2 Successes vs Challenging <failure>]
[Tiden: Lore: (Intelligence 2 + Lore 1) = 3(10,6,4) 2 Successes vs Challenging <failure>]
[Gorthas: Lore: (Intelligence 5 + Lore 2) = 7(9,8,4,3,3,1,1) 2 Successes vs Challenging <failure>]

  #13  
Unread 27th of April, 2008, 03:43
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
Gorthas, still in his bear form, points off into the jungle in the direction of the slash marks then looks at everyone else. He nods his head in that direction as if to ask, "Keep moving?" And he takes a couple of steps and sees if the others follow.
  #14  
Unread 27th of April, 2008, 13:15
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden puts up his hand still looking at the creature.

"Wait a moment"

Tiden's body shifted. Silver hair in place of skin, fangs in place of teeth, enhanced height, muscles, and one cloudy black eye. At the end of his transformation Tiden shuddered slightly and a thin haze of silvery essence covered his body enhancing his change. His nails became silvery claws and teeth became deadly sharp, metallic. Tiden tensed as bony plates began to sprout from his body covering nearly every inch of him. Finally he looked back down at the creature.

If this thing was not of the living realm he would know it.

[BT-5 + bruise relief method-2 + Halting the Scarlet Flow-4 + armor forming technique-4 + Claws of the Silver Moon-3 = 13 committed motes and 5 used = 18 ]
  #15  
Unread 29th of April, 2008, 15:14
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Tiden's eye pierces the veil. Usually, dark energies appearing like purple black spheres and lines along his vision. Even demon corpses leave behind residual dark energy for days which can be seen trailing off as the body decomposes. Within this body, however, Tiden see's nothing. No trace of necrotic essence.

Last edited by Erendiox; 2nd of May, 2008 at 12:03.
  #16  
Unread 2nd of May, 2008, 14:06
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
"What do you see, Sir Tiden?"

Stran had the vague feeling that something was amiss, but had no real way to determine WHAT. His winged twitched with a short buzz as he leaned forward, the large compound eyes on his forehead looking closer and only seeing what he already had.

"I take it that that is NOT what we're looking for?"
  #17  
Unread 2nd of May, 2008, 14:44
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tiden's regret only lasted a moment. It was not what he was looking for but why had his master killed this strange creature?

"No it's not... This creature has no taint." Tiden looked back up at his companions. "We continue, but be wary. My master would not kill without good reason."

Moving back in the lead, Tiden resumed the chase.
  #18  
Unread 9th of May, 2008, 13:09
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The three of you continue following the gashes in the trees. As dusk begins to set in, they lead to a stream of clear running water. Eventually the stream runs into a wider pool which then stretches into a small lake. On one side, the lake sits on the edge of a sheer cliff, the tree line never ending except for a thin clearing that circles the edge of the water. A steady flow falls down the long drop to the continuing stream below.

On the edge of the lake, very near to the drop, is a small, rickety shack. The shack has a porch covered with nets, hooks and an assortment of broken rods. At the end of a short, beaten path between the shack and the lake, a middle aged man sits at the end of a near broken pier. His fishing line stretches out to the middle of the lake. He whistles an idle tune to himself.
  #19  
Unread 12th of May, 2008, 06:37
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Creeping along the edge of the tree line to stay out of sight, Tiden observed the man. He had committed a great deal of power to assume his current form and it would be a mistake to release it while so close to danger.

Tiden looked back at the others. "One of you should question the mortal. I will look for more marks of my masters passing."
  #20  
Unread 14th of May, 2008, 15:15
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
Stran banished his wings, nodded and approached the man, his finest social face on. He looked out of place way out here of course, but he could come up with something to explain his presence.

"Pardon me, sir?"

He ventured in Riverspeak first.

Last edited by Erendiox; 15th of May, 2008 at 06:17.
  #21  
Unread 19th of May, 2008, 02:51
Xaden's Avatar
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1668
Location: "Lights in the sky", CO
Posts: 558 (0.13 per day)
Gorthas keeps an eye on this new member of their group and his interaction with with the fisherman to watch of anything out of place. Though he tries to stay back and out of sight while he watches (and just tries to act like a bear if he thinks he's noticed).
  #22  
Unread 21st of May, 2008, 16:03
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The man turns to Stran lazily, smiling strangely through his crooked teeth as he looks the lunar up and down. He wears a straw hat and dirty overalls. "Now there's a strapping young lad if I ever saw one. SO nice of you stop by. Now won't you swim out over yonder and catch me a fish? I've been seein' em jump around ALL day." He points out to a part of the lake not far away. The water looks to get a lot deeper and faster moving as it approaches the sheer cliffside.

[Gorthas: Awareness: (Perception 3 + Awareness 2) = 5(6,6,3,3,1) nill]
[Tiden: Awareness: (Perception 2 + Awareness 3) = 5(9,9,5,4,1) 2X]
[Stran: Awareness: (Perception 2 + Awareness 2) = 4(8,7,4,3) 2X]
[Stran: Negate Surprise: (Perception 2 + Investigation 0) = 2(4,3) <failure>]
[Unknown: Surprise Attack: 5X vs nill <phenomenal>]
[Unknown: Unknown Presence Attack: 6X vs DV0 <competent dragon>]
[Stran must pay two willpower to resist unnatural mental influence or obey. In either case, he cannot realize the absurdity of the request.]

[Unknown: Join Debate: 4X]
[Stran: Join Debate: 2X]


Last edited by Erendiox; 8th of June, 2008 at 10:24.
  #23  
Unread 4th of June, 2008, 09:31
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
Stran was about to acquiesce to the man's demands, hand's undoing the ties to his kimono... when he realized that he didn't have time for that. As nice as helping this old man would be he definitely had more pressing matters to attend to. He shakes his head.

"Um, no, sir, I apologize, I don't have the time. I'm an investigator pursuing some errant criminals and I need you to tell me if you have seen anyone come this way who looks like they were girded for battle or recently fought and which way they were going. It's terribly important I find out."

Unwilling to waste time chattering at an old man, the lunar utilized his magic to insinuate the question past the old man's notice and get an answer out of him quickly and truthfully.

(Spending 2 WP to ignore the order and using Cat-Face Presentation to conceal my interrogation attempt, spending 2 personal motes. He can only roll to overcome the concealment with a successful magical perception ability.

Edit: And now flurrying with an actual social attack. X3)

[Stran: Restablish Surprise: (Manpulation 5 + Socialize 3 - Action 2) = 4, 4, 7, 7, 8, 10 = 5 successes]
[Stran: Investigation Attack: (Charisma 4 + Investiation 0 - Action 3) = 7 = 1 success]


Last edited by Erendiox; 11th of June, 2008 at 06:29.
  #24  
Unread 11th of June, 2008, 06:59
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
"Hah! Strapped for battle you say? Why I seem to recall ju..." The old man hesitates, as if he was remembering something important that he had forgotten. Then, after a few seconds, he continues, shaking his head lightly. "... nothing of the sort lad. Nothing of the sort."

[Stran: Reestablish Surprise: 5X vs nil <phenominal>]
[Stran: Investigation Attack: 1X vs DV0 <competent>]
[Unknown -1 Willpower]

Tick 6

He reels in his line, taking a moment to replace the lost bait and cast out again. Looking at his fishing instead of Stran, he speaks again. "Say, you never did tell me anything about your friends... I'm very anxious to meet them. How tall do you think they are? Fishing rods are rather particular you know. Gotta be JUST the right size..."

[Unknown: Unknown Investigation Attack: 9X vs MDDV5 <astonishing>]
[Stran must pay two willpower or reveal lots of interesting details about Tiden and Gorthas]

  #25  
Unread 27th of June, 2008, 05:12
Sparda219's Avatar
Sparda219
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Member: #389
Location: California
Posts: 297 (0.06 per day)
"Oh, of course sir I... No... No, that's private information sir."

What was wrong with Stran? He shook his head lightly, feeling drained all of a sudden. It was not a pleasant sensation in the least. In fact his patience with the old man was begging to wear rather thin, even so soon after beginning to speak with him. He wasn't usually one for forceful declarations, but there was a time when expedience should overcome manners.

"Sir, I'm afraid I do NOT have time to trifle with you any longer. If you have no information for me then I'm simply going to leave. Now for the last time, tell me if you have seen a company of men come by here and if you have not then swear upon your honor that you tell the truth!"



(Making an investigation based attack to get the info out of him. Spending 4 personal motes on Second Charisma Excellency.)

(Investigation Attack: Charisma(4) + Investigation(0) + Second Charisma Excellency(2 successes) = 2, 8, 9, 10 = 6 successes)


Last edited by Erendiox; 7th of July, 2008 at 01:13.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren