Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 12th of April, 2007, 21:50
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Dusting himself off, Fugen glares at Fig for balking at the jump.

That's the second time you've balked like that. We're going to have to work on that.

Remounting, Fugen joins Kierna in examining the smoking corpse before looking at Termix in askanance.

Was that really necessary?
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #27  
Unread 13th of April, 2007, 10:09
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
7:6 More Spread Out

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 7:6 More Spread Out

The crowd is excited by the chase and fireworks. Many remark that it was a human who was suspected of spying. Bon Quo and many of his supporters are human, and so there is murmuring against humans in general, enough to cause the other humans worshipers in the crowd to asset their innocence and devotion.

As the group continues on, the procession becomes more spread out. This is due to the wide variance in speeds. A few, including the heroes, are mounted. The walking humans are next in speed, followed by the halflings, halflings with heavy armor, and those that are elderly or with small children in the rear, slowest of all.



OOC: What speed do you wish to travel? Normally you can move mounted at speed 40. The slower you go, the larger % of the crowd that will be able to keep up.
  #28  
Unread 14th of April, 2007, 00:45
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Seeing the crowd begin to spread out, and knowing that Gizerak would like to put as little of the crowd in danger as possible, Fugen suggests to him (via sign, of course) that they push on quickly, further exacerbating the thinning of the crowd.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #29  
Unread 14th of April, 2007, 01:00
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.28 per day)
Nimdor rides up to Termix, nods to him once, and then begins to speak. "You did stop the spy... but was that really necessary?"
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #30  
Unread 14th of April, 2007, 02:55
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.08 per day)
Agreeing with Fugen, Gizerak makes no effort to slow for the large group.

When he catches word though of the anti-human sentiment, he turns to some of those murmurring and gives them a stern look.

"Human or halfling, makes no difference. There are halflings who supported Bon-quo as well. He did not hate me because I was a halfling who would be favored over him, but because he was not favored. He was my mentor, and he does not hold a grudge against any race. Now we must keep moving. As you walk, think on what Sha-gaat would think of this talk."

After saying his peace, he spurs his pony to catch up with the others, a grim and determined look on his face.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #31  
Unread 14th of April, 2007, 10:18
Canter_shadow's Avatar
Canter_shadow
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2127
Posts: 232 (0.05 per day)
Termix clears his throat before replying to Nimdor. "Uh, my apologies. It was the first time I've ever used that particular spell, and I didn't realize that it was going to be so powerful."
__________________
How could'st thou say I did it? Never shake thy gory locks at me.
  #32  
Unread 15th of April, 2007, 12:10
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
7:7 Temple of Stone Ahead[/

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 7:7 Temple of Stone Ahead

Travelling now at a brisk pace, the henchmen and the mounted disciples of Sha-gaat soon turn off of the highway onto the local road that leads to the temple. This is a rural area, but densely populated. The landscape is a patchwork of small farms and pastures. They pass through several small settlements. Gizerak of course recognizes each of the hamlets and thorps from countless previous trips along this route.

Kierna is still scouting ahead of the other henchmen. Less than three hours after leaving Merak Town, she crests a hill to see the Temple of Stone ahead. There are no signs of any destruction or disturbance, but no people are visible on the premises, at least from this vantage point.



OOC: The group is approaching the temple from the east.

  #33  
Unread 17th of April, 2007, 00:51
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
Dismounting on the near side of the hill, Kierna leaves Onira cropping grass while she scales the slope. A short distance from the summit she drops prone and advances at a crawl towards the nearest shrub.
With her silhouette disguised by the foliage, she settles down to get a good look at the monastery and its occupants.
  #34  
Unread 17th of April, 2007, 01:08
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Spotting Kierna's cautious approach to the ridge, Fugen reins in Fig about 100 ft shy of where she left Onira and signals for everyone else to do the same.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #35  
Unread 17th of April, 2007, 10:35
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj advances up to the ridge under Fugens recomendation.
  #36  
Unread 17th of April, 2007, 13:19
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 7:8 Temple of Stone Observed

Kierna does not see anyone moving around outside the buildings. The temple might seem abandoned, except that smoke is issuing from the chimneys of the initiate quarters and master quarters.
  #37  
Unread 17th of April, 2007, 13:44
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.28 per day)
Nimdor follows suit.

Yet another glorious day in the life of a henchmen. Oh well, I suppose it isn't as bad as.... he was sometimes.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #38  
Unread 18th of April, 2007, 05:17
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.08 per day)
Dismounting and heading up the hill with the others, Gizerak peers over towards the buildings.

"Bon-quo will be in the master's quarters, over there to the northwest. I suggest we just head for the Pagoda there in the center. His ego will not let us wait long and he will come to us. Perhaps then we can get him to revoke his support of Aikou and the others can return to serving Sha-gaat here at the Temple."
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #39  
Unread 18th of April, 2007, 06:15
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Signing, Fugen indicates agreement with Gizerak's proposal if he feels that there is a chance Bon-Quo might go quietly. If a violent confrontation is inevitable, however, they might be better served by slipping into Bon-Quo's quarters and confronting him in a situation where he lacks any external support.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #40  
Unread 18th of April, 2007, 09:56
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.28 per day)
Nimdor looks around somewhat sheepishly, before suggesting something instead. "You know, there are a few things we could do. One, we could wait until he comes out, and send somebody into the quarters with nobody there to guard them. That person could look for evidence and similiar things to denounce his authority completely. Two, we could have some of us remain in hiding there, so as to catch him by suprise with our backup. If there are less of us, he is more likely to be overconfident. The third option, is to bring absolutely everybody up there, and get him to back off with a show of overwhelming force. I only recommend that option however, if we are absolutely sure that if it comes to blows, that we have a significant advantage."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #41  
Unread 18th of April, 2007, 09:56
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj frowns at Fugens preposal.

"I am not the best at moving quietly..." He reminds them.
  #42  
Unread 18th of April, 2007, 12:47
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
7:5 Within the Outer Walls

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 7:9 Within the Outer Walls

As the henchmen discuss plans, Kierna continues to observe the temple. No inhabitatnts appear. Eventually the henchmen ride down onto the temple grounds. They areaccompanied by eight halfling dog riders. These are cavaliers from Merak City who come from clans that support Gizerak.

They arrive within the outer walls of the temple, and still meet no resistance. Gizerak leads them to one of the sets of double doors into the pagoda. The doors are barred from within. They try the doors on the other side of the pagoda. They are locked from within as well. The pagoda has many windows above, but none at ground level. The lowest windows are thirty feet above.

There is a bang from behind that startles them. It sounds again. Upon investigation, they see that it is an unlatched door to the initiate’s quarters, swinging open and closed with the breeze. As they look closer they see a spattering of blood on the threshold.



OOC:
Halfling cavaliers CR 1-3.

Last edited by crueldespot; 21st of April, 2007 at 21:45.
  #43  
Unread 18th of April, 2007, 22:29
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Screwing up his face at the sight of blood and the fact that the pagoda is locked from within, Fugen quickly gets out his climber's kit, circles the pagoda once to assess which window will be the easiest to climb too, and then sets up under it to make the assent.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #44  
Unread 18th of April, 2007, 22:49
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.08 per day)
"This is not right. Even Bon-quo should have had his supporters around here. I fear that something is wrong here. Everyone be on your guard. Kierna, Nimdor. Can you scout around the temple grounds and look for signs of others? Take caution though and call for help should you encounter someone...or something."

Gizerak moves over to where Fugen is, seeing if he can help him get ready to climb up to the window.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #45  
Unread 19th of April, 2007, 04:23
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.28 per day)
"Sure thing."

Nimdor sets out, moving around the grounds, moving through shadows, bushes, and anything else he can hide behind.

<OOC: Move silently and hide>
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #46  
Unread 19th of April, 2007, 09:49
Canter_shadow's Avatar
Canter_shadow
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2127
Posts: 232 (0.05 per day)
"Gizerak, maybe we should take this a little slower. We really need to take our time with this one, we can't afford to rush in to a potentially deadly situation."
__________________
How could'st thou say I did it? Never shake thy gory locks at me.
  #47  
Unread 19th of April, 2007, 10:26
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj sees the blood, and places a hand upon his sword, but does not draw it, reolizing that might not be the most diplomatic of movements. None the less, he seems tensed, ready for a suprise.
  #48  
Unread 19th of April, 2007, 10:29
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
7:6 The Quarters

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 7:10 The Quarters

After their many battles, the henchmen have gained some expertise in the stenches of death. They know the rotton smell of decay that accompanies the undead, the sickly sweetness of the recently deceased, and they know the smell that now confronts Kierna and Nimdor: the tang of blood iron mixed with the stink of bile in the aftermath of killing.

In the Initiate Quarters, bodies and body parts litter the rooms. Most of them are human. Proportionately more human clergymen had remained in Bon Quo’s service. A rough estimate indicates that the bodies account for less than half of the normal capacity of the building. Many of the bodies were dragged and thrown into the central cistern. When the hearth is found, the henchmen discover that the smoke issuing from the chimneys is generated from religious texts and icons that were piled and set on fire.

The situation in the lower levels of the Masters' Quarters is the same. The chambers of the High Priest and the other quarters in the upper level have no bodies. No valuables are left there, but these senior dwellings show no signs of violence.

As they descend back to the ground level of the Master’s Quarters, they discover a survivor. One of the victims is unconscious but stable. It is an elderly human cleric. Though his wounds are horrible, he still breathes.

Last edited by crueldespot; 21st of April, 2007 at 21:46.
  #49  
Unread 19th of April, 2007, 10:47
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.28 per day)
"Hey Kierna, quickly, go get Gizerak." Nimdor stands guard over the man, making sure that nothing comes to finish him off.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #50  
Unread 19th of April, 2007, 13:38
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.15 per day)
Flarrgj bends down to look at the parts with a look of distaste on his face, and try's to see if he could figure out what did the killing, looking to see if the sperated parts were done so by ripping or slicing, and inspecting for bite or puncture wounds on the larger, trunk parts.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren