Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 29th of August, 2006, 05:48
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.72 per day)
"Quickly - we need a tactical position from which to meet our pursuers. It may be nothing as there is one in the uniform of the Empire, but should a fight erupt, we'd be better off prepared." Linus relays Fugen's message, entrusting the elf to find a decent tactical position.
  #77  
Unread 29th of August, 2006, 05:55
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.48 per day)
Kierna wordlessly breaks off of their current bearings, kicking her horse into a fast trot and scanning the countryside ahead for high ground, preferably difficult for a horse to charge through. As she does so, she picks an arrow from her quiver and glances back at the quickly approaching soldiers.

"I could probably kill two of them before they close the distance. Are we sure we don't already know that their disposition is hostile?"

[not sure what kind of check Kierna needs to make to pick a tactically sound location]
  #78  
Unread 29th of August, 2006, 13:42
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
1:8 The Pursuers Rein In

Jiangu! Chapter 5, Scene 1:8 The Pursuers Rein In

For no reason that is apparent to the henchmen with the golem, the pursuers rein in their horses. The original pursuer continues after them at a trot, while the others turn around.

Unbeknownst to the henchmen, the pursuers have been distracted by Nimdor. The armored leader hears the halfling's call and turns to see him. He easily brings his horse to a halt. The three warriors have more trouble, but shortly halt their mounts as well.

"There is no hurry. A moment's delay will make no difference" says the officer. "Hengte, keep following them at this distance." With that command, the pursuer that had been riding ahead earlier sets off after the golem.

The rest of them turn to face Nimdor. The three with crossbows raise them. The officer waves and smiles. "Hail, Sir Halfling. What is the matter?"
  #79  
Unread 30th of August, 2006, 00:07
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.28 per day)
"Good sirs, I was concerned about the safety of the people in this area and I was wondering if you were actually planning on attacking that group. Also, I may be able to aid you with information, if you would be willing to take a few moments to talk before resuming your chase."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #80  
Unread 30th of August, 2006, 01:23
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.08 per day)
Turning to his companions as they prepare to engage the pursuers, Gizerak reminds them of what Golock said.

"If I recall correctly, the only regiment of the Imperial Army that would likely be in this area is the Third Regiment, which was stationed around the lower Bronze River. I believe he said that that particular group of soldiers was under the control of one of the Bloodline claimants to the throne. That being said, I have a feeling that this may not go well for us. We should be prepared to fight if we want to get this golem to the Interim Governments army."

To suit his warning, the halfling loosens his mace from it's belt loop.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #81  
Unread 30th of August, 2006, 06:50
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
1:9 Logistickal Transaction

Jiangu! Chapter 5, Scene 1:9 Logistickal Transaction

"Have no fear" says the unarmored gentleman with a smile, "We are on official business of the Imperial Army. We seek to rezendvous with the group yonder to undertake a logistickal transaction, and intend no violence. We may be interested in your information if it can be relayed quickly, but I make no promises."



OOC: I realize there should not be a "k" in "logistical" but I like it better with a k.
  #82  
Unread 30th of August, 2006, 10:42
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.28 per day)
"Ah, I see. Would you mind if I accompanied you? I would like to have a discussion with you, but relaying information quickly would leave much out."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #83  
Unread 30th of August, 2006, 13:35
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
1:10 No Wickedness in Nimdor

Jiangu! Chapter 5, Scene 1:10 No Wickedness in Nimdor

"What do you say, Renge?" the young gentleman asks the officer.

Renge holds forth a traditional pantheonist holy symbol, and recites scripture while making a religious gesture. He stares as Nimdor, then finally says "I sense no wickedness in him. What can be the harm, Canzan?"

The young gentleman turns back to Nimdor. "Follow us then. In fact, I would prefer for you to join us instead of staying here to talk. We must ride hard for a few minutes to catch up to the merchants up there, but after our business with them is done, I will be glad to listen to your information."

With this he turns, and then Renge orders them to charge. The group takes off down the trail again at a gallop.
  #84  
Unread 30th of August, 2006, 21:18
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.72 per day)
"That's it, they're in pursuit again. It looks like our new companion is accompanying them now too. Let's make haste with finding some defensible position. These look none too friendly and I fear to fail at our mission while only just starting. Hell, I fear to fail the mission at all."
  #85  
Unread 30th of August, 2006, 22:10
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.48 per day)
"How do we know that Nimdor isn't with them?" Kierna wonders darkly.

[did we find that defensible position, CD?]
  #86  
Unread 31st of August, 2006, 01:30
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
In reponse to Kierna's rather pessimistic remark, Fugen signs that he believes Golock's interview was supposed to ferret out such loyalties.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #87  
Unread 31st of August, 2006, 04:37
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.08 per day)
Gizerak relays Fugen's comments, adding his similar thoughts.

"Yes, I think that our employer really stresses loyalty to his cause and what not. I pray to Sha-gaat that we are correct."
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #88  
Unread 1st of September, 2006, 12:44
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
1:11 Defensive Position

Jiangu! Chapter 5, Scene 1:11 Defensive Position

Nimdor follows along with the group as it resumes speed and gallops to catch up.

Meanwhile, further down the trail, the henchmen take advantage of the delay to find a better defensive position. They come across the best site available at the top of the next hill. The road curves around before reaching the top of the hill. There is a low stone wall. Once it had a gate, but the gate has fallen apart, leaving a gap.



OOC:

Please provide the coordinates where each character will be positioned. The pursuers are coming from the southwest on the map. Note that the dash-dot lines represent a cliff. Each line = 5 feet of height.


Last edited by crueldespot; 1st of September, 2006 at 19:30.
  #89  
Unread 2nd of September, 2006, 00:23
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Wheeling his horse around in front of the ruined gate, Fugen takes up a position a bit off to the side of it so that those party members for whom the wall would not pose a hinderance in attacking can funnel though the gate and take up relatively fortified positions.

[OOC: Fugen is still mounted on Fig. He is positioned at 80-85N/70-75E.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #90  
Unread 2nd of September, 2006, 02:36
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.08 per day)
Staying on his pony, Gizerak guides it through the opening where the ruined gate would go and waits for the oncoming riders.

OOC: somewhere around 85N/55E
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #91  
Unread 2nd of September, 2006, 06:18
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.48 per day)
Kierna guides Onira up the hill, watching their trail with concern. As they reach the top, she nickers at the mare softly, warning it to stay near, but not too near.

She then strides up to the edge of the dropoff and crouches, putting an arrow to her bowstring and keeping her eyes trained on the approaching riders.

[Dismount at top of hill, direct horse away from potential bloodshed (you can arbitrate where Onira decides to wander, but Kierna is keeping an eye on her), move to 50N/50N; Kierna will challenge the riders when they come within one hundred feet of our position, drawing her arrow back and shouting something to the effect of "halt! state your business with us or leave!"]
  #92  
Unread 2nd of September, 2006, 08:52
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.72 per day)
Linus follows Gizerak and Fugen to the ruined gate. Once inside, he dismounts from his warpony, draws his bow, and gets himself mentally prepared for any violence that may be needed.
  #93  
Unread 2nd of September, 2006, 09:32
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.36 per day)
Termix moves to the top of the hill, and draws his crossbow. He then loads it, and voices something that has caught his attention. "Anyone have a plan on where to put the golem, or what to do with it?"

OOC: Move to 65-70N/50-55E. Draw and load crossbow.

Spells Prepared:
Level 0- Detect Magic, Touch of Fatigue, Light, and Ray of Frost
Level 1- Enlarge Person, Magic Missle x2, Burning Hands(bonus from evocation)
Level 2- Levitate, Summon Monster II, Scorching Ray(bonus)
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #94  
Unread 2nd of September, 2006, 10:16
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.15 per day)
Signing Fugen suggests it should be placed behind the wall, and relatively out of the way so that there is less chance that it will become involved in the battle.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 2nd of September, 2006 at 10:20.
  #95  
Unread 2nd of September, 2006, 21:26
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.22 per day)
The adventure continues in Chapter 5, Scene 2: Hilltop Confrontation
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren