Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

Unread 26th of July, 2006, 02:47
trendel
Wight

Member: #1482
A little chit chat amongst friends

As they wave goodbye to the others, Gizerak settles into his saddle. He's still not as comfortable on the back of a horse as some people that he has known, but he has gotten the hang of it.

For a short time, it appears that the halfling and his companions will have a decent time of their ride, it soon becomes apparent that travel will be difficult. As they continue on down the cart paths, Gizerak quickly realizes that he won't be able to keep himself atop his saddle for long.

Dismounting, he begins to slog through the mud. Hopefully, he will be able to ride again should they find stretches of drier land.

As he pulls a booted foot out of an especially soft mud puddle with a loud squishing sound, the halfling turns to his companions and begins to speak.

"So my friends. It seems that we have quite some time on our hands. Though we have been together for a while, I feel like I know little about you."

"As you both know, I am a servant of the Four Royals. Sha-gaat, who rules over the balance of all things as the King of the North Mountain, Prince of the East Wind, Duke of the Western Flame, and the Baron of the South Seas."

Looking at Flaargj, he continues on.

"Do you worship a greater power my tall friend? You have a strange accent to my halfling ears, but I would hope that maybe you have heard of the blessed Sha-gaat where you are from."
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 10:26
Exarzun
Spectre

Member: #1494
Flarrgj also dismounts for the mud, knowing his massive weight will only make the horse's fair all the more difficult. His long legs keep hi from the may stay of the gook, but even then he seems unafraid of the dirt.

He frowns at Trendels question, but it is at the mud, and not the question, answering amiably enough.

"I am from far away, where Duke is not warshiped. In my home land we are guided by our ancestors, who watch over us and keep us safe. Only when i arrived here did i hear of such things. As i travel many have tried to ahh..... convert me to there followings, but Rrakcja, my great grandfather watches over me in battle, and has no yet let me fall. When he does, i shall seek out the other ancestors to follow." Flarrgj delivers.

Last edited by Exarzun; 30th of July, 2006 at 05:59.
Unread 28th of July, 2006, 01:17
trendel
Wight

"Fear not my friend, I will not try to sway you to worship of the Four Royals, though they are a great and powerful force in the world."

"I know that my family has always held our ancestors sacred and several of my cousins seem to take this to a religous level akin to that which you subscribe, but I have always had a problem understanding why they feel this way"

"For me, I never felt that I had the same connection to my dead ancestors. I found solace in the elements that surround me each day. Sha-gaat watches over me"

"Your grandfather, Rrakcja, tell me of him. He must be important to you and you to him that he chose to watch over you in his afterlife. I'm interested to hear how it seems that a spirit would attach itself to the living rather than seek its peace in the afterlife."
Unread 29th of July, 2006, 00:59
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

Member: #1471
Kierna simply listens to their conversation, not speaking up for the moment. She is always interested to know more about her companions.
Unread 30th of July, 2006, 06:28
Exarzun
Spectre

Flarrgj grunts, and leaps a particularly large mud puddle.

"He was famous fighter of his day, back when my tribe was fighting two other tribes for fishing rights in a near by bay. Each tribe wanted the bay for it's self, and there was massive, three way battles... or massive for us, my people, even all of the tribes together, are not as large as this place. But he was known as Rrakcja the Mage killer. One tribe summoned an evil demon to aid them in battle, and they got an evil sorcerer from a far of land to do it for them." Flarrjg jumps another puddle and eye's the distance, getting into the story.

"Now my tribe, the Zlarrjsheen tribe is a prosperous and strong tribe, with powerful warriors, as was the other tribe that found it's self battling this beast from the nether regions, but still, neither of us could combat the demon! So, the Zlarrjsheen tribe and the Barrgolarlsh tribe allied against the Moojrack tribe. Finally, the two tribes, the allied Zlarrjsheen and Barrgolarlsh met in battle against the Moojrack tribe. It was fierce, and the ground shook with the pounding of axe on shield, and when the two sides met, the very mountains themselves bowed down to the force! At first, the alliance was winning, there superior numbers winning out, but then the evil sorcerer summoned the demon, and the tide turned, the evil beast cleaving through the allied tribes like a blade through water. All seemed lost until Rrakcja stepped up with his mighty great sword and took the demon on in single combat." Flarrgj's accent does not impede the story at all, if anything it makes it even more interesting. He does not look at Gizerak or Kierna, concentrating on making his way, but a fire burns in his eye and there is a slight smile on his lip as he recounts the story of his blood.

"There duel lasted for hours, the melee of the other battling tribes whirling around them, but non intruding on the personal combat. Finally, Rrakcja saw an opening, and threw himself up on a mighty claw of the thing, impaling himself, sliding down it's arm, and with his last energy, thrust his sword into it's heart. The sword shattered, and so did the Demons heart, and thing fell dead! Rrakcja lay impaled, mortally wounded, sword shattered when he saw the mage. The demon was dead but he knew that it was only so much of a impediment, as the sorcerer could simply summon another! And so, with the last of his energy, he tore himself from the massive claw, and charged the Mage with his shattered sword. The sorcerer turned, and saw the massive warrior, blood of the demon covering him, mixed with his own blood from his wounds, charging him, wielding a shattered sword, and loosed every spell he knew at the great fighter, but the man did not go down, and with his last action, Rrakcja gutted the magic user, killing him.

"After that the Moojrack could not contest the allied tribe's power and quickly fell, but after the battle was finished, the found Rrakcja dead, sword still inside the Sorcerer. Both tribes honored him, sending him into the afterlife with a massive flaming barge, and the Zlarrjsheen tribe and the Barrgolarlsh tribe decided to share the fishing bay."

Flarrgj pauses, a smile on his lips as he looks into the distance for a second.

"There is a ballad of the story, but i am not a singer, though i do know the words and the tune. I know he watches over me for our tribe spirit talker told me so, because i bear the sam mark that he did, a sword through a flame."

He moves close to Gizerak and shrugs down a shoulder of his shirt revealing a heavily freckled shoulder, upon which is a large birth mark that, with an extreme stretch of imagination could be seen as a skinny stick impaling a tear drop shaped blob.
Unread 3rd of August, 2006, 05:17
trendel
Wight

Gizerak nods at the sight of the birthmark, sitting quietly in thought for a moment before he begins speaking.

"Very impressive. I shall send a prayer to Sha-gaat that nothing stands in your way as you go about equalling or surpassing your grandfather's legacy."

"I myself have no such story of ancestral bravery to relate. Before me, my family had all been farmers. We were content to handle ox and plow..."

As he pauses, a sad look passes across his face. Gizerak makes no attempt to hide it and a small tear glistens in the corner of his eye.

"Of course as you know, I have taken a different path. I only hope that those that chose to stay dedicated to the cultivation of the North Mountain's bountiful soil are safe back in Merak Hoi."
Unread 8th of August, 2006, 12:52
Exarzun
Spectre

"What caused you to take such a... different path from your families vocation?" Flarrj asks.