Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 19th of April, 2008, 07:09
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The Gravediggers (Ch. 5)

"Sorry Gorthas, but we're staying. These bodies have to be buried."

The look in Lacunas eyes told him there was no argument in the matter. "We'll be right behind you once this is finished. You have my word."

The group splits, Stran, Tiden, and Gorthas follow Shea'To's path into the wilderness. Silver Wind, Shaedra, Lacuna, and Ignay stay behind to tend to the bodies along with Xioli to guide them once they were finished. It was a quick parting, especially with Tiden's refusal to waste any time at the site of the battle.

You work without rest, using whatever tools you can find. Ignay and Lacuna work along with you, a collective silence and diligence about you all. One grave is finished in a half of an hour and all of you lower one lifeless body into the deep pit. Only Ignay knows these people, and despite this he remains stoic. He heaves dirt away without stopping for breath. The man is very large, reminding you all somewhat of Tiden's war form. Brown fur covers his body and his face, though strangely intelligent, has a bear-like snout. His hands, however paw like they are, manage to handle tools with surprising grace. So far, your interactions with him have revealed a very proud and stubborn individual, much like Tiden. Still, Ignay seems to have no reservations with obeying Tiden's whim, and perhaps you all will find that Tiden is much the same toward his master.

One buried. Then two. Three. The work gets no easier. Time seems to ebb to a slow, depressing drone with the repetition of burying dead. Suddenly there's a faint whistle from afar and thump just nearby. Everyone's head snaps up in surprise, except for Shaedra's. Underneith her arm joint, just below the shoulder, is a small, thin arrow lodged inbetween the plates of her armor. Her head drops slowly from shock and she reaches out her hand for balance, finding Silver Wind's arm to support her. Blood immediately starts pouring down the Dawn Caste's side, striping the golden finish of her armor.

There's the sound of movement just nearby. Black figures dart inbetween the trees, approaching you with great speed. You can't seem to count them. The four of you stand in a clearning of lighter forest and they approach from a denser area, making it very difficult for you to see them. Before you can act, another faint whistle and Silver Wind watches as another arrow makes its way toward her.

---Surprise Attack---

[Unknown Archer: Stealth: 8 Successes]
[Shaedra: Awareness: (Wits 2 + Awareness 3 - Digging Graves 3) = 2(7,2) 1 Success]
[Surprise Attack: 8 Successes vs. 1 Success <success>]
[Unknown Archer: Attack: 11 Successes <competent divinity>]
[Damage: Target Arrow: (17 - Soak 7) 10 (8,8,7,7,6,6,6,5,4,3) 4L Damage]
[Shaedra: Stun Check: (Stamina 3 + Resistance 3) = (8,6,4,4,2,1) 1 Success vs Standard <success>]
[Shaedra: Knockdown Check: (Stamina 3 + Resistance 3) = (10,9,7,7,6,1) 5 Successes vs Difficult <success>]

---Join Battle---

[Unknown Archer: Join Battle: 8 Successes]
[Unknown Lead Creature: Join Battle: (Wits 4 + Awareness 4) = 8(10,9,9,9,7,6,5,1) 6 Successes]
[Unknown Creatures: Join Battle: (Wits 3 + Awareness 4) = 7(10,10,8,7,4,2,1) 4 Successes ]
[Silver Wind: Join Battle: (Wits 4 + Awareness 3) = 7(10,7,7,6,4,2,1) 4 Successes]
[Shaedra: Join Battle: (Wits 2 + Awareness 3 - Wounds 1) = 4(8,7,6,5) 2 Successes]
[Lacuna: Join Battle: (Wits 4 + Awareness 2) = 6(10,8,6,6,5,1) 3 Successes]
[Ignay: Join Battle: (Wits 3 + Awareness 4) = 7(9,8,7,5,2,2,2) 3 Successes]

---Tick 0---

[Unknown Archer: Attack(Speed 6, -1) 7 Successes vs. DDV4]

Last edited by Erendiox; 19th of April, 2008 at 07:24.
  #2  
Unread 20th of April, 2008, 12:23
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind moved to help Shaedra but an arrow flying towards her yanked her attention away. She wondered how she would possibly save herself, but even as she thought that her body moved on its own accord, training taking over conscious thought. Essence powered her movements as she sidestepped impossibly fast and reached out with inhuman speed to pluck the arrow out of mid-air.

[OOC: Spending 4 motes on 1st Martial Art Excellency for Parry: (8,8,6,2) 2 successes.]
  #3  
Unread 22nd of April, 2008, 07:37
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Silver Wind grabs the arrow, stopping its travel with some effort. Gripping it in her hand, it's strangely perfect. Not a splinter hangs loose on the broadhead's cold black finish.

Tick 2

She doesn't have much time to admire this however, as one of the black figures bursts forth from the cover of the brush. You can see clearly now, a hunched, sleek figure with jet black skin. It stands some 5 feet tall, thin, with muscles, tendons, and joints clearly outlined. If ever the image of a devil was imagined, this might fit the description. In its clawed hands is a rusty halberd as long as the creature is tall. Some 30 yards off, he charges toward the four of you with malice.


[Unknown Archer: Attack: 7 Successes vs PDV9 (5 + Excellency 2 + Stunt 2) <failure>]
[Silver Wind +2 motes]

Last edited by Erendiox; 22nd of April, 2008 at 07:49.
  #4  
Unread 25th of April, 2008, 20:28
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Tick 4

Silver Wind felt shock at what she had just done, staring at the arrow in her hand in disbelief for a brief instant. But the things in the forest were beginning to move out, and she knew she would have no time to admire either her actions or the arrow. Turning to look back at Shaedra, she stepped towards the injured Solar.

"Ignay," she shouted out as she moved, "take Kheervis and get out of here!" She didn't even look at the beastman, and knew that Kheervis understood her even without her speaking Riverspeak. Quickly gauging the extent of Shaedra's injury, she reached out with her free hand and gently touched the wound.

"May the pain of the mortal shell fall before the Unconquered Sun's might," she spoke, essence infusing her words as the charm coalesced between her hand and Shaedra's wound.

[OOC: Using Touch of Blissful Release on Shaedra for 5 motes. (Speed 5, -1 DV). Lasts 2 hours.]

Last edited by Erendiox; 27th of April, 2008 at 10:38.
  #5  
Unread 27th of April, 2008, 10:38
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
As Siliver Wind works her charm, a panoply of shrieks and barking reveal five more figures bursting from the brush. All are slightly smaller but still bear the same features as the one in the lead. They carry enourmous chopping swords, chipped and rusted to the core. They too charge at the group, fanning out on the left and right side of the bigger creature.

[Unknown Creatures: Dash (Speed 3, -2)]

Tick 5

As if not hearing Silver Wind's command, the beastman grabs for his battle axe. "Et'Teneyahnu! Beh va'et sevatste!" He shouts with all his might. The cry echos off the distant mountains as he charges to meet the nearest of those who would dare slay his kin. Finding the largest, he throws a great swing, the creature hissing and ducking aside.

Lacuna watches Ignay, then looks up into the distance where the arrow seemed to come from. It's no good. There's too much foliage to see the shooter. She turns to Silver Wind, currenly occupied with Shaedra.

That wound... and from so far away... this must be one of them...

"Watch for the shooter. That's our real problem." She says. Turning away from Silver Wind and locking her eyes on where she thinks the next shot will come from, she waits, breathing slow, deep breaths. "You might need to guard me for a moment Silver Wind."

[Ignay: Valor Check: 4(9,4,3,1) <success>]
[Ignay: Draw Weapon (Speed 6, -1)]
[Ignay: Attack (Speed 6, -1): (Dexterity 3 + Melee 3 + Specialty 2 + Accuracy 1 - Action 3) = 6(10,8,7,6,5,1) 4 Successes vs DDV5 <failure>]
[Lacuna: Guard(Speed 3, -0)]


Tick 6

The larger creature raises his poleaxe high and brings it down where Ignay stands. The jagged metal rips through Ignay's armor and flesh, opening a wound across his chest. Ignay buckles, the creature putting one leg on Ignay's stomach to pry the poleaxe from the beastman's body.

Lacuna blinks and two arrows come down with a flash. She's ready and twists to the side, magic guiding her feet and body. One arrow passes under her arm, another slides along her cheek, graising it ever so slightly. Recovering and turning back toward the shooter, she claps her hands together, anger and determination on her face. A flash of light blasts from her palms and blue light pours around her in a cyclone as she begins chanting the beginnings of a spell.

[Unknown Lead Creature: Attack (Speed 6, -1): (Dexterity 4 + Melee 4 + Accuracy 1) = 9(9,9,7,6,6,5,4,3,3) 3 Successes vs DV0 (2 - Action 2) <remarkable>]
[Unknown Lead Creature: Damage: (Strength 5 + Weapon 7 + Accuracy 3 - Soak 8) = 7(9,9,7,6,5,4,4) 3L Damage]
[Ignay: Knockdown Check: (Stamina 4 + Resistance 4) 8(10,8,7,4,3,3,1,1) 4 Successes vs Difficult <superior>]
[Lacuna: First Dodge Excellency (2 motes): 4(9,7,6,2) +2DV]
[Unknown Archer: Attack (Speed 6, -1): 8 Successes vs DDV9 <failure>]
[Lacuna: First Dodge Excellency (2 motes): 4(9,5,1,1) +1DV]
[Unknown Archer: Attack (Speed 6, -1): 7 Successes vs DDV7 <failure>]
[Lacuna: Inpenetrable Frost Barrier (Speed 5, -2) (20 motes) (1 willpower)]
[Lacuna: Banner Level 4 (12 motes)]

Last edited by Erendiox; 2nd of May, 2008 at 10:18.
  #6  
Unread 1st of May, 2008, 15:18
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra was shocked at the sting of pain in her side as the arrow flew out of no where and found it's target in one of the few places not covered by her breastplate. She fell forward, eventually finding support on Silver Wind's arm which kept her from falling face first into the dirt of the forest floor. But she did still fall to one knee and one hand reached instinctively to find the shaft of the arrow. The slight bump as Shaedra touched the arrow shaft sent another grimace of pain across her face.

She didn't have to suffer long, because within a few moments Silver Wind was at her side and touching the wound with gentle fingers. A few brief words were spoken and the pain from Shaedra's wound melted away like ice in the desert sun.

Shaedra gave a small smile of relief and whispered a brief thanks to Silver Wind before grasping the shaft of the arrow and pulling it out with a firm, swift jerk. She tossed the offending arrow aside and stood up taking a quick look around to gauge what had happened in the heartbeats that had passed since she had gotten shot. Ignay was locked in combat with the largest of the five monsters that were attacking them, while Lacuna dodged two more arrows and began casting a spell that Shaedra didn't recognize off hand.

Shaedra gripped her Grand Goremaul tight and rushed forward to meet the oncoming attack. She took a two handed grip on the handle of her Goremaul and spun in place to add more force to her swing, bringing it up and into the chest of one of the four smaller creatures, aiming to launch the creature into one of it's monstrous companions.

[OOC: Draw, Attack: (Speed 5): Dex (3) + Melee (5) + Specialty (2) + Acc (2) - Action (3) = 9 Dice to Roll 10,9,7,7,5,5,4,3,3 = 5 Successes.
Damage: Str (5) + Weapon (16) + Successes (5) = 26 Base Dice of Damage (7 Minimum Damage).]
__________________


Last edited by Erendiox; 2nd of May, 2008 at 09:10.
  #7  
Unread 2nd of May, 2008, 09:39
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Shaedra's hammer impales the creature where it stands, sending it flying like a rag doll full of jelly. At the moment of impact, the snapping of bones is clearly audible. Blood spews everywhere, leaving a long trail of crimson from where it stood to where it collides harmlessly with one of his comrades. Brushing away the corpse and the blood, it continues charging the group, mad as hell.


[Shaedra: Stunt Dice: (7,3) +1X]
[Shaedra: Attack: 5X + 1X = 6X vs DDV3 <remarkable>]
[Shaedra: Damage: (Strength 5 + Weapon 16 + Strike 3 - Soak 5) = 19/3 = 7L Damage]
[Shaedra +2 Motes]

Tick 7

The creature, now covered in blood from Shaedra's blow, comes down on her with all its fury. They're devilishly fast and strong enough to pull off quick fencing movements even with their massive weapons. Shaedra stays nimble on her feet, but the rusty metal comes very near to landing.

Three other creatures come down on Ignay, having seen the opportunity to rip apart an injured opponent. There's no mercy in them. Surrounding him and striking together, they cut him down to his knees. As the heaving beastman crashes to the floor, they stab him again and again, shrieking wildly. A pool of blood quickly forms around him. He does not move.

--- Shaedra
[Creature: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(10,9,7,6,6,5,5,3) 3X vs DDV3 <failure>]

--- Ignay
[Creature: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(10,10,10,7,6,4,3,3) 4X vs PDV0 <astonishing>]
[Creature: Damage: (Strength 4 + Weapon 5 + Strike 4 - Soak 8) 5(10,10,9,9,2) 4L Damage]
[Creature: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(9,9,9,9,4,4,2,1) 4X vs PDV0 <astonishing>]
[Creature: Damage: (Strength 4 + Weapon 5 + Strike 4 - Soak 8) = 5(8,8,5,1,1) 2L Damage]
[Creature: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(9,8,8,5,3,3,1,1) 3X vs PDV0 <remarkable>]
[Creature: Damage: (Strength 4 + Weapon 5 + Strike 3 - Soak 8) = 4(10,8,5,5) 2L Damage]

Last edited by Erendiox; 2nd of May, 2008 at 14:48.
  #8  
Unread 4th of May, 2008, 09:11
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Stop it!

Silver Wind couldn't believe her eyes as the creatures all surrounded Ignay, the beastman unable to defend himself from so many all at once. Blood flew out from in between the creatures as they seemed to flay him alive.

She was moving before she even realized it, the training she had endured at the hands of Nanaku giving her body motions without conscious though. She leapt up against a nearby tree, essence flowing throughout her body as she momentarily defied gravity, crouching parallel to the ground.

That was only an instant however, and in the next instant she propelled herself off the tree towards the larger creature. She extended out her leg, knee forward to the larger creature's face, contrails of essence flowing past her. "Leave...," she shouted as she landed, magic turning her into a blur as she twirled around before the beast could even face her. "Him...," She struck out with her elbow at the thing's throat with incredible force. The contrails around her becoming an indeniable glow of power.

"Alone!" she shifted forward at shouted the last word, her other fist flying out into the things gut, an explosion of essence surrounding her with the last blow.

Ethereal horses galloped past, through, and around her, all of them with coats similar to Kheervis', making it so none could deny her power. The filmy golden light of her anima rose high into the air, dozens, if not hundreds, of feet, and the light could be seen for miles around. And on her forehead, branded with golden light and burning its image into all those around her, was her Caste Mark, a sort of ironic twist of humor to her actions just previous.

Standing next to Ignay, surrounded by enemies, Silver Wind stood defiant, daring anyone to attack the fallen warrior.

[OOC: Flurry: 3 attacks, Guard action. Using 1st Martial Arts Excellency.
Attack 1 (Kick, Speed 5, -1) Dex(3) + MA(4) + 1st MA(7) - Multiple Actions(4) = 10(10, 8, 8, 8, 6, 5, 4, 4, 2) 5 successes.
Attack 2 (Punch, Speed 5, -1) Dex (3) + MA(4) + 1st MA(7) + ACC(1) - Multiple Actions (5) = 10(9, 9, 8, 7, 5, 5, 5, 5, 3, 1) 4 successes.
Attack 3 (Punch, speed 5, -1) Dex (3) + MA(4) + 1st MA(7) + ACC(1) - Multiple Actions (6) = 9 (10, 10, 9, 7, 6, 6, 3, 2, 2) 6 successes.
Cover action (Speed 5, -1).
Flurry action (Speed 5, -4.
Motes spent: 5 motes personal, 16 motes peripheral.
At 16+ range of Anima banner]

Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 4th of May, 2008 at 09:35.
  #9  
Unread 9th of May, 2008, 14:34
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Silver Wind lashes out feroceously, throwing every bit of weight into her strikes. The raw magic feeds into her anima, like fuel to the bonfire, and in an instant she is surrounded by brilliant silver, the shapes of horses jumping in and out of her aura. Her knee makes a loud rap against the lead creature's jaw, surprising it with her speed. Two more strikes, fast as serpents, make it recoil backward, fighting a little for its balance. It's skin feels like stone against her fists.


[Silver Wind: Stunt Dice: 4(10,5,5,2) +2X]
[Silver Wind: Attack: 7X vs DDV5 <superior>]
[Silver Wind: Damage: (Strength 3 + Weapon 3 + Strike 2 - Soak 9) = Minimum 2(5,1)]
[Silver Wind: Stunt Dice: 4(10,7,1,1) +3X]
[Silver Wind: Attack: 7X vs DDV4 <remarkable>]
[Silver Wind: Damage: (Strength 3 + Strike 3 - Soak 9) = Minimum 2(7,4) 1B Damage]
[Silver Wind: Stunt Dice: 4(9,7,6,1) +2X]
[Silver Wind: Attack: 8X vs DDV3 <phenominal>]
[Silver Wind: Damage: (Strength 3 + Strike 5 - Soak 9) = Minimum 2(8,2) 1B Damage]
[Silver Wind +4 motes +1 willpower]


Tick 11

It seems hurt, genuinely surprised and disoriented, but far from down. The blows make it angry, Silver Wind's defense of Ignay even moreso. It's brow turns to razors as it makes a wide, horizontal slash at the Solar's stomach.

[Lead Creature: Fierce Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 4 + Accuracy 1 - Wound Penalties 1) = 8(8,8,8,7,6,6,2,1) -1X = 3X vs DV0]
  #10  
Unread 15th of May, 2008, 16:43
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Silver Wind couldn't even keep up with everything now, her mind unable to process everything fast enough. But her body was acting on it's own, fluid movements the result of...something. Her hands flew out, clenched together into a single fist that smashed into the flat side of the halberd.

Golden essence coalesced around her hands, and it seemed as if one of the horses has slammed its hoof into the weapon, driving it with incredible force and speed into the ground at Silver Wind's feet.

[OOC: Spending 5 motes on 1st Martial Arts Excellency. 5 (7,5,5,5,2) = 1 success]
  #11  
Unread 21st of May, 2008, 14:13
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Silver Wind's fist smashes the flat side of the halberd, her anima adding force and driving it downward and away. Not enough, the blow follows through, a cold, heavy metal slicing diagonally into the Solar's lower left side. The wound stretches from her belly to near her hip, just shallow of breaking her pelvis. She finds herself thrown back from the impact, rolling a little in the dirt before coming to rest on her back some yards away. A hot, gushing flow of blood starts immediately down Silver Wind's leg and stomach.

[Silver Wind: Stunt Dice: 2(7,3) +1DV]
[Lead Creature: Attack: 3X vs DV2 <competent>]
[Lead Creature: Damage: (Strength 5 + Weapon 7 + Strike 1 - Soak 1 - Wound Penalties 1) = 11(10,9,9,6,6,4,3,3,3,1,1) 3L Damage]
[Silver Wind: Knockback Check: (Stamina 3 + Resistance 1) = 4(8,4,2,2) 1X vs Difficult <failure>]


Silver Wind's companion rushes into the fray. The sight of her hurt makes Kheervis furious. He lunges at the creature, the horse's massive frame bearing down with all its weight. The creature, overwhelmed, finds itself sprawled onto the floor, bone crushing hooves pounding down from above.

[Kheervis: Complimentary Join Battle (Speed 0, -0)]
[Kheervis: Grapple (Speed 6, -1): (Strength 6 + Martial Arts 3) = 8(10,10,10,10,8,4,3,3) 9X vs DDV3 <competent dragon>]
[Kheervis: Damage: (Strength 6 + Weapon 1 + Strike 6 - Soak 9) = 3(7,4,2,1) 1B Damage]

Last edited by Erendiox; 21st of May, 2008 at 16:39.
  #12  
Unread 21st of May, 2008, 16:49
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra saw Silver Wind fall to the blow from the largest monster's halberd, and an icy chill crawled up her spine. She looked around frantically, trying to come up with some way... any way that she could end this fight quickly.

Finally she made her decision. She didn't think she could take out the three remaining monsters, but perhaps she could at least take out two. She charged forward toward the monsters and Ignay's broken and bleeding form. As soon as she got close enough she jumped and aimed a kick at the closest creature. In the next instant she pushed herself up and off the creature and slammed her hammer down on the head of the next nearest one with all her might. As her hammer flashed through the air like a golden thunderbolt she called upon her essence and let it suffuse her being to lend even more force to her blow.

[OOC: Splitting my Dice pool two ways, to make one kick action and one action with her goremaul.
1st attack: Kick: Dex (3) + MA (4) - Multiple action Penalty (2) = 5 Dice (10,
9,6,5,3) =3 successes.
2nd attack: Goremaul: Dex (3) + Melee (5) + Specialty (2) - Multiple action Penalty (3) = 7 Dice (10,10
,10,10,7,6,5) = 9 successes.
Spending 1 Mote to activate Hungry Tiger Technique to count extra successes twice for the purposes of determining raw damage.]

__________________


Last edited by Lyn Nalyr; 22nd of May, 2008 at 13:30.
  #13  
Unread 4th of June, 2008, 06:56
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Shaedra's leaping kick is sidestepped by the jet black beast. They just don't seem to stand still when you want them too. The Solar whips around to deliver her second blow and another skull is shattered under the monumental force of her hammer. A trail of essence decorates the bloody mess as the lifeless body careens into the distance. She always was better with the hammer anyway. During this, Lacuna's spell is finally complete. She forces a raging blue ball of energy into her tiny grasp, eyebrows sharp with concentration, then releases it into the air with a snap of her fingers and a waft of air. A thick, blue fog immediately surrounds everything around the group, like a big cloud. There's a strange chill in the air as well. The creatures rush through this fog fearlessly at their adversaries. Seeing the woman with the maul as a distinct threat, two race for her, swinging their weapons with a wild fervor. A third goes for Silver Wind, making an angry and unrestrained stab for her torso.

[Shaedra: Stunt Dice: 2(6,3)]
[Shaedra: Kick: 3X vs DV4 <failure>]
[Shaedra: Stunt Dice: 2(9,8) +2X]
[Shaedra: Goremaul Attack: 9X + 2X = 11X vs DV 4 <superior dragon>]
[Shaedra: Damage: (Strength 5 + Weapon 16 + Strike 7 + Charm 7 - Soak 5 = 30/3 = 10L Damage]
[Lacuna: Join Battle: (Wits 4 + Awareness 2) = 6(10,9,7,6,3,3) 4X]
[Lacuna: Cast Sorcery(Speed 4, -1)]
[Creature: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(10,9,8,7,5,5,3,2) 4X vs PDV3 <competent>]
[Creature: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(10,9,9,8,84,4,3) 5X vs PDV3 <superior>]
[Creature: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(8,76,5,4,4,2,1) 2X vs DV0 <superior>]
  #14  
Unread 7th of June, 2008, 13:48
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
It hurts. But there's no time to think on it. A sword is being stabbed at her, and she reacts reflexively. She kicks her feet up in the air and spins on her hands, essence fueling her movements, she kicks the sword with all her might. The winds from her anima seem to concentrate around her feet, seeming to help her push the sword out of harms way.

[OOC: spending 4 motes on 1 Martial Arts Excellency. 10,8,4,2 = 3 successes.]
  #15  
Unread 8th of June, 2008, 04:05
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Shaedra has overextended herself and they strike her. Their blows are brutal, unnatural, opening wounds even through her thick Orichalcum plates. Silver Wind twists and kicks, the force of her anima throwing the surprised creature's blade aside.

[Creature: Damage: (Strength 4 + Weapon 5 + Strike 1 - Soak 12) = Minimum Damage 3(8,7,3) 2L Damage]
[Creature: Damage: (Strength 4 + Weapon 5 + Strike 2 - Soak 12) = Minimum Damage 3(10,4,3) 1L Damage]
[Silver Wind: Stunt +1DV]
[2X vs PDV3 (4 - Action 4 - Wound Penalties 1 + Charm 3 + Stunt 1) <failure>]


Tick 12

As if response to Lacuna's spell, another arrow shoots forth from the brush. When it meets the bluish haze, an instantaneous buildup of ice slows it down and sends it off course. Lacuna simply steps to the side and the arrow passes her by, shattering on the ground behind her. A smile of satisfaction can be seen through the pulsing waves of her anima.

[Unknown Archer: 8X vs Difficulty 7 (1 + Lacuna's Essence x 2) = 2X vs DDV5 <failure>]

Last edited by Erendiox; 8th of June, 2008 at 04:29.
  #16  
Unread 14th of June, 2008, 15:31
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Blood. My blood.

It was on the ground, staining the grass and dirt underneath her. She could feel it running down her leg and smear across the ground as she landed ungracefully back to earth, a flash of pain across her stomach as her wound was stressed. Even as she thought of her injury though, she felt the flow of blood stop, the pain remaining however.

Staring up at the creature in front of her Silver Wind felt rage within herself; pure, genuine, unfiltered rage. She would not be killed for some unknown reason in this unknown stretch of forest, especially not by some unknown, murderous, Unconquered Sun-forsaken abomination!

She drew a deep breath then and reached down into herself, into the heart of the anima that was swirling about her. She plucked a piece of it off and attached it to the breath in her lungs, then let it loose at the thing in front of her.

A horrendous sound left her mouth, the sound of a stampede of horses charging forth across the plains toward the creature not but a few feet in front of her. The horses in her anima seemed to be the cause, rushing forward from her aura and charging into her target with all of her Solar might. Leaves on the ground kicked up in front of her as the shout crossed the distance in an instant.

[OOC: Roll to stop bleeding: Stamina 3 + Resistance 1 - Wound Penalties 1 = 3(10,7,2) 3 successes.
Performing a Martial Arts attack enhanced by Voice of the Night Bird (3 motes). Spending 1 Temporary Willpower for 1 success.
Perception 3 + Martial Arts 4 - Wound Penalties 1 = 6(10,10,8,6,6,3) 5 + 1 - Prone 1 = 5 Successes. Base damage Charisma (5)]

Last edited by Erendiox; 15th of June, 2008 at 00:46.
  #17  
Unread 15th of June, 2008, 01:31
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Silver Wind's voice forces the creature back as it bends its knees and leans forward to avoid being thrown backward. The invisible blow produces grey marks across its black skin from the painful wind currents. It's slightly confused by the strangeness of the attack and seems to be suffering some amount of pain.

[Silver Wind: Stunt Dice: 2(10,7) +3X]
[Silver Wind: Attack + Voice of the Night Bird: 8X vs DDV4 <astonishing>]
[Silver Wind: Damage: (Charisma 5 + Strike 4 - Soak 7) = Minimum 2/3 = 1B Damage]
[Silver Wind +2 motes]


Tick 15

The creatures lash out again at their foes. Two continue after Shaedra. This time she manages to ward them away with her hammer. They've seen what her goremaul has already done to some of their now dead companions. The third descends on the still prone Silver Wind, angry at the searing pain she has inflicted upon him.

[Creature: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(10,9,5,4,3,2,1,1) 2X vs PDV3 <failure>]
[Creature: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(8,7,7,5,3,2,2,1) = 3X vs PDV3 <failure>]
[Creature: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1 - Wounds 1) = 7(10,7,3,3,2,2,1) = 2X vs DDV1 (4 - Action 1 - Prone 1 - Wounds 1) <competent>]
  #18  
Unread 15th of June, 2008, 15:43
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Rolling onto her back, feeling her magic nearly used up, Silver Wind watches as the sword descends on her. Her hands fly out and she snatches the rusty sword in between her two hands, palms flat, using all of her Exalted strength to keep the sword from landing a fatal blow.
  #19  
Unread 7th of July, 2008, 12:11
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Silver Wind makes a last ditch grasp for the blade coming at her. Her muscles burn from the strain as she tosses it aside, her hands red and bleeding. The blade kisses her face slightly along the way. One more line of blood travels down her cheek.

[Silver Wind: Stunt: +1DV]
[Creature: Attack: 2X vs PDV3 <failure>]

Last edited by Erendiox; 7th of July, 2008 at 23:20.
  #20  
Unread 28th of July, 2008, 06:33
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Tick 17

Shaedra's head whirls toward the creature assailing Silver Wind. The dawn caste's mouth opens in a half gasp as its giant blade barely misses her companion's throat. Anger flowing through her, she crushes it. Then she stands at the ready to defend her injured companion.

[Shaedra: Hungry Tiger Technique (1 mote)]
[Shaedra: Attack (Speed 6, -1): (Dexterity 3 + Melee 5 + Specialty 2 + Weapon 2 - Action 2) = 10(10,10,9,9,8,6,3,3,1,1) 7X vs DDV4 <remarkable>]
[Shaedra: Damage: (Strength 5 + Weapon 16 + Strike 3 + Charm 3 - Soak 5) = 22/3 = 8L Damage]
[Shaedra: Cover (Speed 4, -1)]


Kheervis does not cease to pummel the larger creature with all his might. It screeches out in pain and frustration, unable to untangle itself from the finest's giant frame and painful hooves.

[Kheervis: Grapple (Speed 6, -1): (Strength 6 + Martial Arts 3) = 9(10,10,9,9,8,7,5,2,1) 8X]
[Lead Creature: Resist Grapple: (Strength 5 + Martial Arts 4 - Wound Penalties 1) = 8(10,9,8,6,6,3,2,1) 4X]
[Kheervis: Damage: (Strength 6 + Weapon 1 + Strike 4 - Soak 9) = 2(8,1) 1B Damage]

Tick 20

Shaedra wards the two remaining creatures back with her maul. Fear keeps them from getting too close. She's yet to miss anything shes taken a swing at.

[Unknown Creatures: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(9,8,6,6,6,1,1,1) = 2X vs PDV3 <failure>]
[Unknown Creatures: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(10,8,7,6,4,2,1,1) 3X vs PDV3 <failure>]
  #21  
Unread 31st of July, 2008, 13:01
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Guts spewed over Silver Wind as Shaedra crushed the creature. Her stomach clenched in on itself at the feeling of entrails spattering over her, but she tried to ignore it as best she could. She was still far too angry, felt that little knot of rage still clenching her heart. She rose herself up with one hand, her wound complaining as it was stretched. With her free hand she reached down and drew her sword from it's sheath.

[OOC: Rising from prone (Speed 5, DV -1) and readying a weapon (Speed 5, DV -1)]
  #22  
Unread 9th of August, 2008, 07:39
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
The creature has finally had enough. Making a grab with both arms for Kheervis' foreleg and wrenching with all its strength, the massive finest looses its footing and comes crashing to the ground. Collecting itself, the black demon eyes the prone horse, tightening the grip on its blade. Meanwhile, Shaedra lashes out at one of the two remaining creatures as they taunt her away from Silver Wind. She whirls around again, this time striking home and crushing yet another to bits. Only one minion and the leader remain. The last creature hesitates, turning around to glance at where arrows were once being fired from, then at again at its leader. The first sign of fear shows on its face as it moves to strike Shaedra. Perhaps motivated out of desperation, the giant blade hits home and Shaedra is wounded yet again, even through her orichalcum.


[Kheervis: Grapple (Speed 6, -1): (Strength 6 + Martial Arts 3) = 9(10,9,8,8,7,2,2,1,1) 5X]
[Lead Creature: Resist Grapple: (Strength 5 + Martial Arts 4 - Wounds 1) = 8(10,9,8,8,7,7,5,2) 7X]
[Lead Creature: Break Hold]
[Lead Creature: Join Battle (Speed 4, -0): (Wits 4 + Awareness 4 - Wounds 1) = (9,9,9,9,5,2,2) 4X]

[Shaedra: Hungry Tiger Technique (2 motes)]
[Shaedra: Attack (Speed 6, -1): (Dexterity 3 + Melee 5 + Specialty 2 + Weapon 3 - Action 2) = 11(9,9,7,7,6,6,4,4,3,3,1) 4X vs DDV4 <failure>]
[Shaedra: Attack (Speed 6, -1): (Dexterity 3 + Melee 5 + Specialty 2 + Weapon 3 - Action 3) = 10(10,10,9,7,7,6,5,5,4,2) 7X vs DDV4 <remarkable>]
[Shaedra: Damage: (Strength 5 + Weapon 16 + Strike 3 + Charm 3 - Soak 5) = 22/3 = 8L Damage]

[Creature: Attack: (Dexterity 4 + Melee 3 + Weapon 1) = 8(10,10,10,9,6,3,3,1) 4X vs DDV3 <competent>]
[Creature: Damage: (Strength 4 + Weapon 5 + Strike 1 - Soak 12) = minimum 3 (9,5,2) 1L Damage]

  #23  
Unread 9th of August, 2008, 18:56
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Tick 25

Kheervis!

There was no time for thinking now. Kheervis, the finest she'd raised from birth, who had gone from nearly one end of Creation to another with her, was in mortal danger.

She was there in an instant. Quite simply, one second she was near Shaedra as she unleashed her fury on the few remaining abominations, and in the next instant she was beside the creature. The grass rustled and the leaves on the ground blew away behind her, still catching up to the Eclipse's passage.

Her own anima seemed to be too slow, the horses charging towards the silver-maned woman who directed them. They caught up to her in the next instant, but their stampede was not dissuaded. The silver horses all charged forth into the slashing sword grasped furiously in the woman's hands, the steel greedily sucking up the ethereal equines.

In her eyes there was no pity, no doubt or remorse at what she was about to do. Only rage and a great deal of determination, a refusal to allow those she considered friends to be harmed by this beast anymore. With her sword now glimmering with her own anima banner, Silver Wind let out a shout of rage as she struck; thrusting her sword forward tip first, she dispensed with all manner of flair and flash, seeking only to end the wretched creature's life.

[OOC: 1 Fierce Blow, channeling 1 WP through compassion, activating 1st Melee Excellency: (Dexterity 3 + Melee 3 + Accuracy 3 + Compassion 4 + 1st Melee Excellency 6 - Wound Penalties 1) = 18(1,2,2,3,3,4,4,4,4,6,7,8,9,9,9,9,10,10) -1X = 9 successes.]

Last edited by Erendiox; 6th of October, 2008 at 02:52.
  #24  
Unread 6th of October, 2008, 03:32
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.17 per day)
Her thrust finds its way into the lead creature's innards, the tip of the slashing sword traveling from chest to back in one clean, simple motion. It shrieks a sound you have yet to hear it produce, then buckles and frantically flails away a few steps, forcing the blade back out the way it came. Blood pours from the gaping hole like a fountain as the creature writhes in pain and rage.

[Silver Wind: Stunt Dice: 6(10,10,5,4,1,1) +4X]
[Silver Wind: Attack: 9X + 4X = 13X vs DDV5 <remarkable dragon>]
[Silver Wind: Damage: (Strength 3 + Weapon 4 + Fierce Blows 2 + Strike 8 - Soak 7) = 10(10,10,10,10,7,7,6,3,2,1) 6L Damage]
[Lead Creature: Resist Stun: (Stamina 5 + Resistance 3 - Wounds 2) = 6(10,8,7,6,4,3) 4X vs Difficult <success>]
[Lead Creature: Resist Knockdown: (Stamina 5 + Resistance 3 - Wounds 2) = 6(10,9,9,4,4,2) 4X vs Difficult <success>]
[Silver Wind +6 motes +2 Willpower +1 Experience]


Tick 27

Letting loose another wrenching bellow of pain and frustration, the creature lunges again for Silver Wind, eyes blood red with rage. The changing odds of this fight seem to mean nothing to it. Limping and dragging the blade behind it for a few steps, it brings its blade up in a wide arc, visibly straining to lift the weight. Its agility is gone and Silver Wind manages to duck aside. The last remaining minion decides to try its hand at fleeing and darts away as quickly as it had approached.

[Lead Creature: Fierce Attack (Speed 4, -1): (Dexterity 4 + Melee 4 + Accuracy 1 - Wound Penalties 4) = 5(10,7,2,2,1) -X1 = 2X vs DDV3 <failure>]

Tick 29

Kheervis works his way back up to his feet, seemingly sheltered by the blaze of Silver Wind's anima. The fight isn't out of him yet. With a bray, the finest moves forward, raising up on his hind legs, and strikes with a front hoof. The sound of Kheervis' hoof against the creature's head is followed by the sound of a collapse into the dirt. It's barely conscious, having trouble keeping its eyes open or making any sound at all. The giant blade has left its fingers, lying some inches from where the creature lays. A few seconds of calm and silence follow. Silver Wind's anima still burns, as does Lacuna's. Everyone is still surrounded by a cool, blue mist that hangs like the dead of winter in the air. Then there's a sudden sound, another arrow through the air, and the last creature that fled drops motionless to the floor before it can reach the thick foliage.

[Kheervis: Kick (Speed 4, -1): (Dexterity 3 + Martial Arts 3) = 6(9,9,4,3,3,1) = 2X vs DDV0 <superior>]
[Kheervis: Damage: (Strength 6 + Weapon 3 + Strike 2 - Soak 9 = 2(7,3) 1B Damage]

End Combat
  #25  
Unread 7th of October, 2008, 10:18
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
It's over.

The last creature, one of the smaller ones, was brought low by the black arrows of it's own master. Or maybe hunter. It didn't matter, it was dead now. And their leader now laid low at her feet, broken from the efforts of Kheervis and herself. She stared down at him, eyes slitted in anger and fury that had yet to completely abate.

No, it's not.

She kicked the creature's halberd further from its fingers and then reached down to wrap the fingers of her free hand around it's throat. She lifted it up off the ground, the muscles in her arm straining as she held it aloft, it's feet dangling inches above the ground. Her eyes bored into it as she moved her lips deliberately.

"Do you understand me?" She repeated the question in Flametongue and High Realm.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren